PDA

View Full Version : Cemetery Dance discussion thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89

Sir_Boomme
01-26-2011, 01:36 PM
anyone....
How much was the original price on the limited Legacies?

MLG
01-26-2011, 01:44 PM
The Limited Legacies was originally sold at and has a cover price of $200.00.

Mr. Rabbit Trick
01-26-2011, 01:44 PM
Numbered $200
Lettered $450

Sir_Boomme
01-26-2011, 01:53 PM
well I missed out on ordering originally by a few months, when CD offered it again for 400.00 - I almost went for it...but was hit with a bunch of medical bills that stopped me.

I see a couple on ebay currently at 293.00, but suspect they'll go higher and the sellers are charging for 25.00 for shipping... so I got one that roy at badmoon was listing at $353.00 (no shipping charges).

guess I did ok.... might have gotten it a bit cheaper... but whatever...

anyone get the lettered here?

Mr. Rabbit Trick
01-26-2011, 03:55 PM
I'm looking to buy the lettered. Any sellers?

ICry4Oy
01-26-2011, 04:30 PM
The signed hardcover of Robert McCammon's Baal got me...or...I got it!

marc
01-27-2011, 04:11 AM
Is it cheaper (shipping fee wise) to buy more books from Cemetary Dance in 1 go? Because if so I'd like to get in touch with fellow Dutch people who are interested in sharing shipping fees.

frik
01-27-2011, 04:49 AM
Another Dutchie here, Marc.
And yes, shipping books in one package certainly is cheaper.
Sharing shipping fees sounds like a great idea!

sk

Keep in mind, though, that as a rule CD ships per order.
Meaning, if two or more people put in a separate order, these cannot becombined when shipped.
So, if three separate people order three separate books, one will have to do the ordering for all three.

marc
01-27-2011, 05:04 AM
I would have no problem at all with that, depending on the amount of money involved. The best would be to pay the person who's ordered the books roughly the amount of money you owe him/her and then after the books have arrived we can calculate exactly how much money should be payed. There's ofcourse a matter of trust here but I think that will work out ok. Further, risks can be spread out by not having the same person always doing the ordering.

shibus
01-27-2011, 06:39 AM
anyone....
How much was the original price on the limited Legacies?

Numbered $200
Lettered $450

From Beahm's price guide
http://usera.ImageCave.com/shibus/legacies1.JPG

http://usera.ImageCave.com/shibus/legacies.JPG

jhanic
01-27-2011, 06:48 AM
That just looks like another of George's mistakes (which is understandable, in this case, since the book had not yet been issued.)

John

Sir_Boomme
01-27-2011, 07:11 AM
The signed hardcover of Robert McCammon's Baal got me...or...I got it!

me too... a double whammy - lettered and a numbered - but McCammon always does...

MLG
01-27-2011, 08:18 AM
The info in Beahm's price guide is interesting. My notes state that I ordered Legacies in 1998 for $150. My notes could be wrong but I believe that is what I paid. Did CD up up the price as they got into it. I also distinctly remember that the cover artist name was changed at some point during the wait. Beahm's guide clearly shows the earlier cover art.

marc
01-27-2011, 09:50 AM
Frik and other Dutch forum members who are interested in sharing shipping fees: please send me an e-mail (think my address is in my profile). If you are interested in this and have suggesties on how to do this, please write it in your e-mail.

biomieg
01-27-2011, 10:02 AM
Marc, good idea but I won't be participating. I rarely order anything from CD (l get my CD books on eBay, like 99% of my other books).

marc
01-27-2011, 12:20 PM
It's funny because I thought of this after reading one of your posts in this topic where you said that you can only buy 3 or more books from CD because of the high shipping costs. Anyway, if you ever wanna order just 1 CD book, feel free to contact me to ask if I want to purchase something as well.

MLG
01-27-2011, 12:25 PM
I am not sure if it helps people outside of England but thought I would throw it out there. PS Publishing is carrying a handful of CD books to allow people in the UK to get them without the overseas shipping costs.

biomieg
01-27-2011, 12:46 PM
It's funny because I thought of this after reading one of your posts in this topic where you said that you can only buy 3 or more books from CD because of the high shipping costs. Anyway, if you ever wanna order just 1 CD book, feel free to contact me to ask if I want to purchase something as well.

I'm going to have to look up that post :) So far, I only ordered SOD I a couple of years ago and Peter Straub's PORK PIE HAT a couple of weeks ago.

marc
01-27-2011, 01:39 PM
Hm... maybe it was someone else's post. I looked for it but can't find it back.

Jimimck
01-27-2011, 02:36 PM
I am not sure if it helps people outside of England but thought I would throw it out there. PS Publishing is carrying a handful of CD books to allow people in the UK to get them without the overseas shipping costs.

I just worked it out, I would have saved $25NZD if I had of ordered SOD Vol 2 from here, compared to direct from CD. Total UK price - $135NZD. ($114 book, $21 shipping). Total US price $160NZD ($99 book, $61 shipping). The break down shows the savings come from the shipping cost.

So not a huge difference, but worth considering. Thanks for the post.

Randall Flagg
01-27-2011, 05:08 PM
THE Richard Chizmar:

http://img51.imageshack.us/img51/8797/img2218s.jpg

http://img43.imageshack.us/img43/9334/img2222p.jpg

http://img546.imageshack.us/img546/3065/img2223.jpg

http://img546.imageshack.us/img546/6835/img2224.jpg

thegreattim
01-27-2011, 08:14 PM

I just worked it out, I would have saved $25NZD if I had of ordered SOD Vol 2 from here, compared to direct from CD. Total UK price - $135NZD. ($114 book, $21 shipping). Total US price $160NZD ($99 book, $61 shipping). The break down shows the savings come from the shipping cost.

So not a huge difference, but worth considering. Thanks for the post.

I actually paid a bit less shipping when I bought my second copy of SoDI from PS Pubs than when I bought my first copy from Cemetery Dance. And it's about 3,600 fewer miles and one international flight less from Maryland to my address than from the UK! :wtf:

marc
01-29-2011, 01:37 AM

it would surely help me since I won't have to worry about whether or not I'll have to pay customs, so thanks.

Niels
01-29-2011, 02:42 AM
You might want to look at boekstra.nl, they're offering SOD and RTB for €72,95.
When you order more than €50,- there is no shippingcost in NL.

I don't know if RTB has the slipcase (which is not the case at Amazon)

Maybe Brian knows if this is one of the small shops, like Bett's, who can (sometimes) order directly from CD.

marc
01-29-2011, 04:26 AM
Thanks, will look into it. Maybe there's a sub-forum somewhere here that I have missed that lists the various (inter)national bookshops? If not than it might be interesting to set up?

biomieg
01-29-2011, 10:48 AM
Marc, slightly offtopic, but: Wageningen? I lived there for quite some time, my girlfriend and I both studied there and got our PhDs there as well, we moved to Delft less than three months ago. It's a small world...

marc
01-29-2011, 11:15 AM
More importantly it's a small country so the chance of having lived in the same city at one time is far from non-existent. It would certainly have made sharing shipping costs ridiculously easy :)

WeDealInLead
01-31-2011, 01:13 PM
Anyone going to buy Gideon's Sword?

jhanic
01-31-2011, 01:41 PM
Eagerly waiting for my email regarding the s/l Full Dark, No Stars...

John

MLG
01-31-2011, 01:58 PM
I am on the fence about Gideon's Sword. I have not read there prior work but it has been recommended to me by a friend who loves their work. Will probably order since I am still regretting skipping Cronin's book.

thegreattim
01-31-2011, 02:17 PM
I admit to enjoying Preston & Child's "Agent Pendergast" series on occasion, but they are a bit too... well, I don't know how to describe it besides... "clichéd," for me to commit to a new series at this price point. Maybe when we get to "classic titles from their backlist", depending. I'll possibly jump then.

frik
02-01-2011, 08:38 AM
Anyone going to buy Gideon's Sword?

I almost did - it looks like a very nice edition.
But then I remembered not really caring for Preston & Child too much.
They're ok for a quick read, but not outstandingly so.

sk

Brian James Freeman
02-01-2011, 10:28 AM
Cemetery Dance Publications is very pleased to announce Gideon's Sword, our first signed Deluxe Limited Edition with New York Times bestselling authors Douglas Preston and Lincoln Child!

Read more here:

http://www.cemeterydance.com/page/CDP/PROD/preschil01

http://www.cemeterydance.com/Merchant2/graphics/00000001/preschil01.jpg

Best wishes,
Brian Freeman
brianfreeman@cemeterydance.com
http://www.CemeteryDance.com

Brian James Freeman
02-02-2011, 04:30 PM
Both editions of Gideon's Sword are now more than 90% sold out, so if you didn't get your order in, now would be the time!

Best wishes,
Brian Freeman

Room 217 Caretaker
02-02-2011, 06:01 PM
Both editions of Gideon's Sword are now more than 90% sold out, so if you didn't get your order in, now would be the time!

Best wishes,
Brian Freeman

I grabbed a S/L

I think the cover artwork by Tomislav Tikulin is very nice. Thanks Brian.

Ralph Mulleins

Sir_Boomme
02-02-2011, 06:56 PM

Best wishes,
Brian Freeman

Brian,
Have you been receiving the private messages I have sent? If you get time, I would love to hear if you found out anything about it.
Thanks,
Terry

Tito_Villa
02-03-2011, 01:16 AM
I agree with Ralph, the artwork is, as always, top notch!

Brian James Freeman
02-03-2011, 11:26 AM
We're back to packing and shipping the Limited Edition of Full Dark, No Stars now that the weather has cleared. If you haven't gotten a shipping confirmation email yet, please feel free to email me and I will confirm where your order is in the queue. My email address is: brianfreeman@cemeterydance.com

Thanks to everyone for your patience while we work through this shipping process!

Best wishes,
Brian Freeman

WeDealInLead
02-03-2011, 11:39 AM
When are Canadian gift editions shipping?

This is becoming a little ridicilous. I'm not too upset but you've shipping orders before clearing the ones for books which were released earlier.

Brian James Freeman
02-03-2011, 12:02 PM
When are Canadian gift editions shipping?

If you email me your real name or your order number, I can check on your status for you: brianfreeman@cemeterydance.com

As far as I can tell, all of the orders (US and Non-US) for the Gift Edition have shipped already -- unless:

1) we're waiting on postage

2) there was a problem with the order and we're waiting on a reply to an email we sent you

3) you ordered a Limited Edition and wanted the Gift & Limited to ship together

So anyone who is wondering where their Gift Edition is at this point, please email me right away. Thanks!

Best wishes,
Brian Freeman

ur2ndbiggestfan
02-03-2011, 03:29 PM
I got my copy of LEGACIES today, from a secondary source since I did not order it 10 years ago. Beautiful book, but I was just a really tiny bit dissapointed that the top of the spine is slightly defective. I'll put a pic in my collection thread later.

carlosdetweiller
02-03-2011, 07:03 PM
I got my copy of LEGACIES today, from a secondary source since I did not order it 10 years ago. Beautiful book, but I was just a really tiny bit dissapointed that the top of the spine is slightly defective. I'll put a pic in my collection thread later.

My copy has a little of what you are talking about. The bottom of the spine is OK but the top is bent/rolled just a little bit. I would have never noticed though if you hadn't posted the picture in your collection thread which prompted me to look at my copy much more closely.

Randall Flagg
02-03-2011, 07:40 PM
I think at a certain point (and perhaps this isn't it), a person has to understand books will have "minor" imperfections. With the advent of high resolution cameras, it seems like what was never a major issue is now trouble on most every book. FWIW, my copy has a "minor" issue at the top of the spine. I'm going to try not to lose any sleep over it. I could post a pic, but what would it help?

ur2ndbiggestfan
02-04-2011, 02:34 AM
It seems the binding of the book (maybe) has caused the upper spine 'wrinkle'. If this is true, it's not an issue for me, because that's the way the book is! And if it's not true, it's still not an issue, since as Jerome pointed out, nothing is perfect. But, I still feel that when I buy something brand new, I should receive it in brand new shape. This has nothing to do with CD or Gauntlet or Sub Press, whose books, 99% of the time, never have any imperfections at all I can detect (damn that 1% though!). And they are ALWAYS willing to replace imperfect copies. I have never had to send a book back to a specialty publisher because of damage of any kind.

Amazon.com, on the other hand, constantly infuriates me with their 'don't care, just send the book' kind of attitude. I know they deal in massive orders, but I just received a book from them with a puncture right through the spine of the dust jacket and into the book's spine, that was done before the book was packaged. And as is most often the case (been there before), if I send it back, I'll just be returned either the same book or one in even worse condition. And I did look for this book at Borders, who did not have it in stock.

Mr. Rabbit Trick
02-04-2011, 03:42 AM
If there is a common "flaw" in the production process, we should note this in the description on our collection page.

CRinVA
02-04-2011, 06:08 AM
Got my email notice - should have my Full Dark, No Stars S/L by end of TODAY!

wizardsrainbow
02-04-2011, 06:11 AM
Well, I've seen 15 copies so far and all have had tiny imperfections...the slipcase does seem prone to small abrasions too...just a fact of life I think. I did not have any copies though that were in bad shape.

wizardsrainbow
02-04-2011, 06:13 AM
And you gotta remember, that we are likely the most anal collectors out there...you can't breathe on a King collectible without someone fainting out there at the very thought!

Randall Flagg
02-04-2011, 06:13 AM
If there is a common "flaw" in the production process, we should note this in the description on our collection page.
I'll have to hear from a few more people before I note the flaw. FWIW, here's mine:

http://www.thedarktower.org/gallery/data/500/medium/IMG_2235.JPG

Sir_Boomme
02-04-2011, 08:34 AM
I'll have to hear from a few more people before I note the flaw. FWIW, here's mine:

http://www.thedarktower.org/gallery/data/500/medium/IMG_2235.JPG

Just looked at mine, while the top edge is beveled a bit (i think it's made that way...) it does not have a wrinkle in it like the one above.

carlosdetweiller
02-04-2011, 08:42 AM
Just looked at mine, while the top edge is beveled a bit (i think it's made that way...) it does not have a wrinkle in it like the one above.

Does the bottom edge of the spine look the same on your copy? If not I would say that this is some sort of uniform production flaw of varying degree.

Sir_Boomme
02-04-2011, 09:12 AM

Does the bottom edge of the spine look the same on your copy? If not I would say that this is some sort of uniform production flaw of varying degree.

bottom is not beveled, but what is a production "flaw" - not sure this counts as a flaw, but rather... it's the way it's made.

carlosdetweiller
02-04-2011, 09:35 AM

bottom is not beveled, but what is a production "flaw" - not sure this counts as a flaw, but rather... it's the way it's made.

It isn't a big deal either way, I guess. I wouldn't even have noticed mine if another member of the forum hadn't brought it up. Still, I'm pretty sure the top and bottom of the spine were supposed to look alike. At least if I was designing a book that is how I would have it. When multiple (all?) copies of a book have a similar problem with the top of the spine you really can't say it isn't a flaw. Unless CD comes in and says "Yeah, we meant the top of the spines to look different from the bottom."

Dolso
02-04-2011, 09:47 AM

It isn't a big deal either way, I guess. I wouldn't even have noticed mine if another member of the forum hadn't brought it up. Still, I'm pretty sure the top and bottom of the spine were supposed to look alike. At least if I was designing a book that is how I would have it. When multiple (all?) copies of a book have a similar problem with the top of the spine you really can't say it isn't a flaw. Unless CD comes in and says "Yeah, we meant the top of the spines to look different from the bottom."

Quite honestly, it's not any sort of problem to me, but the top of mine is perfectly fine but the bottom of the spine is slightly wrinkled. Maybe this type of thing is the reason for the different grading system I understand they use for comics?

Brian James Freeman
02-04-2011, 09:50 AM
My guess is that what I'm seeing in these photos is a result of the binding process, but I am asking around in case there's any additional information or explanation!

Best wishes,
Brian Freeman

Randall Flagg
02-04-2011, 10:17 AM
There's no doubt it is an imperfection. How pervasive it is remains to be seen.

Rahfa
02-04-2011, 10:30 AM
This is just part of the manufacturing process I think...when the leather (or whatever material) gets bound, it's going to stretch and form in slightly different ways, so I think "perfection" is not totally obtainable. My Skeleton Crew lettered edition has a part of the leather that was too tightly bound, so it's slightly bunched up. Not bad, but it could be considered a flaw - but if it's in the production process, then that's the book's original state, not damage.

WeDealInLead
02-04-2011, 03:10 PM
Rahfa,

Is it bunched up on the spine just above King? That's where mine is.

Rahfa
02-04-2011, 07:53 PM
I think it's on the other end of the spine (The "S" end)...I'll try to remember to look at some point...

MLG
02-04-2011, 09:01 PM
The Legacies flaw photo's got me wondering if I had missed that on mine. When I got home from work I had to check and I must say that mine is indeed flawless. I will get photos posted soon.

jhanic
02-05-2011, 09:51 AM
I just pulled out my copy of Legacies and it also is flawless.

John

ELazansky
02-05-2011, 09:57 AM
My copy has no flaws as well

Merlin1958
02-05-2011, 10:59 AM
This nifty little plug was in the recent CD newsletter:

We donated a very cool REMARQUED (by three artists!) copy of our Sold Out Gift Edition of Full Dark, No Stars by Stephen King for the 2011 Fundraiser at TheDarkTower.org. The fundraiser benefits The Haven Foundation, which was first established with the help of Stephen King. Read more about this unique item on the eBay auction page.

Cool!!! Way to go CD and Mr. Freeman!!!!!

Now Bid!!!!

http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/showthread.php?11973-2011-Fundraiser-Auction-Item-4-Full-Dark-No-Stars-Original-Art-1-1

LOL

nyy3723a
02-07-2011, 08:00 AM
My copy of Legacies has no flaw.

ur2ndbiggestfan
02-07-2011, 03:01 PM
My copy is still flawed, but so am I, so we make a nice team.

I'm supposed to receive my UNFLAWED signed FDNS tomorrow!

LostAlivE
02-08-2011, 10:19 PM
Are the flawed ones the ones that cost $400.00 or the $200.00 ones or is it pretty much equal?
It maybe a dumb question but I was just curious about it.

ur2ndbiggestfan
02-09-2011, 02:46 AM
I bought mine aftermarket, so I do not know.

When is the S/N THE STRAIN supposed to be available?

ELazansky
02-09-2011, 03:40 AM
Are the flawed ones the ones that cost $400.00 or the $200.00 ones or is it pretty much equal?
It maybe a dumb question but I was just curious about it.

Mine was one of the $400 copies and it is fine

jhanic
02-09-2011, 05:13 AM
I don't think the "flawed" ones are really worth less than the perfect ones. The flaw is very small.

John

LostAlivE
02-09-2011, 02:52 PM
For those who are interested in our other books, today we're announcing Picking the Bones by Brian Hodge:

http://www.cemeterydance.com/page/CDP/PROD/hodge02

http://www.cemeterydance.com/Merchant2/graphics/00000001/hodge02.jpg

Best wishes,
Brian Freeman

Brian how do you at CD decide which books get numbered and the one that do not get numbered like this one Picking the Bones? It would be nice if all of them got numbered. I was wondering just how that progress works.
Thank you Brian,
Lost

Brian James Freeman
02-09-2011, 03:28 PM
Brian how do you at CD decide which books get numbered and the one that do not get numbered like this one Picking the Bones? It would be nice if all of them got numbered. I was wondering just how that progress works.
Thank you Brian,
Lost

Thanks for asking! It mostly depends on the print run and the expected audience for the book. For example, we usually hand number anything with print runs less than 750 because those are books that we expect will mostly sell to established collectors. (Some special projects above 750 also get hand numbered, such as Stephen King: The Non-Fiction, The Dark Tower Concordance, etc.) For the most part, we don't hand number the larger print runs where we expect a large percentage of the sales to be to distributors and libraries. I hope this information helps!

Best wishes,
Brian Freeman

George at C-Springs
02-10-2011, 11:36 AM
Just got this from CD if anyone is interested, "Early Reader's Club" deal, 5 upcoming ARCs/proofs for $49 + shipping; one is an anthology w/King and one will be signed. Works out to $13/book after shipping, even if you don't like them you could make that back on eBay more than likely.

http://www.cemeterydance.com/page/CDP/PROD/X_CDERC03

BigCoffinHunter
02-10-2011, 10:39 PM
I've got a question for Brian, and sorry if someone has already asked this one before in the past, but how many publisher's copies of the Lettered editions does Cemetery Dance produce? A few years back I purchased a PC copy of the Lettered edition of Cemetery Dance's From a Buick 8 from Barry at Gauntlet Press. Barry's a very nice guy, but man can he talk. I called to finalize the details of my purchase and he kept me on the phone for over an hour, during which time I maybe got five or ten words in. At least he's passionate about what he does! ;-)

Anyways, I remember that he mentioned that he had some sort of a reciprocal agreement with Cemetery Dance in which he sent them free copies of his Lettered editions and they sent him free copies of theirs. This makes me curious as to how many additional Lettered copies are produced beyond the stated 52. I realize that some are given to the author and artist, other publishers, and that some additional copies must be made for those that are damaged by UPS during shipping, so maybe Brian can shed some light on roughly how many additional copies are produced.

Brian James Freeman
02-11-2011, 02:06 PM
I've got a question for Brian, and sorry if someone has already asked this one before in the past, but how many publisher's copies of the Lettered editions does Cemetery Dance produce? A few years back I purchased a PC copy of the Lettered edition of Cemetery Dance's From a Buick 8 from Barry at Gauntlet Press. Barry's a very nice guy, but man can he talk. I called to finalize the details of my purchase and he kept me on the phone for over an hour, during which time I maybe got five or ten words in. At least he's passionate about what he does! ;-)

Anyways, I remember that he mentioned that he had some sort of a reciprocal agreement with Cemetery Dance in which he sent them free copies of his Lettered editions and they sent him free copies of theirs. This makes me curious as to how many additional Lettered copies are produced beyond the stated 52. I realize that some are given to the author and artist, other publishers, and that some additional copies must be made for those that are damaged by UPS during shipping, so maybe Brian can shed some light on roughly how many additional copies are produced.

Barry definitely is passionate about publishing and collecting, isn't he?

There is no exact number of extras that are produced because each project is different, but we generally print 10 to 20 extra signature sheets for the Lettered Edition so that the author, artist, agent, Richard, etc, all get copies, and so that we have a few on hand in case UPS decides to back over a package with a truck -- like they just did this week with someone's copy of Legacies!

Not all of those sheets always get bound into actual books because sometimes we don't need that many extras, and sometimes the printer will mangle a sheet or two if they're machine tipping them. On the other hand, there could be a few more than that printed, of course, because some authors contractually require more copies.

Best wishes,
Brian Freeman

SkippyD023
02-12-2011, 05:47 AM
Cemetery Dance is selling some Glenn Chadbourne art prints from SOD II - The Monkey that were part of a promotion. Did anyone receive any of these previously? I am wondering what the size of the prints are. Thanks.

http://www.cemeterydance.com/page/CDP/PROD/x_glnart14

Sir_Boomme
02-12-2011, 10:46 AM

There is no exact number of extras that are produced because each project is different, but we generally print 10 to 20 extra signature sheets for the Lettered Edition so that the author, artist, agent, Richard, etc, all get copies, and so that we have a few on hand in case UPS decides to back over a package with a truck -- like they just did this week with someone's copy of Legacies!

Not all of those sheets always get bound into actual books because sometimes we don't need that many extras, and sometimes the printer will mangle a sheet or two if they're machine tipping them. On the other hand, there could be a few more than that printed, of course, because some authors contractually require more copies.

Best wishes,
Brian Freeman

hmmm, unbound signed signature sheets sitting around....
sounds interesting.... I'm guessing they haven't been trashed? what do you guys do with them?:orely:

Randall Flagg
02-12-2011, 03:18 PM

Best wishes,
Brian Freeman

sounds interesting.... I'm guessing they haven't been trashed? what do you guys do with them?
Save them for 20 years and then bind them up and sell them-similar to your "E" copies of The Plant:evil:

Bev Vincent
02-13-2011, 04:12 AM
Brian uses them to wallpaper his office. :rock:

carlosdetweiller
02-13-2011, 04:48 AM
sounds interesting.... I'm guessing they haven't been trashed? what do you guys do with them?:orely:

They could do what Gauntlet does. Wait until the trade edition comes out, loosely lay them in to the books and sell them for a $100 mark up. Wait.....I just had an idea.....send them all to Glenn Chadbourne and have him draw little pictures on them.

Brian James Freeman
02-13-2011, 06:39 AM
Cemetery Dance is selling some Glenn Chadbourne art prints from SOD II - The Monkey that were part of a promotion. Did anyone receive any of these previously? I am wondering what the size of the prints are. Thanks.

I can measure them and post the sizes tomorrow. Thanks for asking!

Best wishes,
Brian Freeman

Brian James Freeman
02-13-2011, 06:42 AM
hmmm, unbound signed signature sheets sitting around.... sounds interesting.... I'm guessing they haven't been trashed? what do you guys do with them?:orely:

We just keep them stored in a safe place because there's nothing really to be "done" with them, but I can't imagine throwing them out, either. It's quite the autograph collection!

Best wishes,
Brian Freeman

Sir_Boomme
02-13-2011, 08:45 AM
hmmm, unbound signed signature sheets sitting around.... sounds interesting.... I'm guessing they haven't been trashed? what do you guys do with them?:orely:

We just keep them stored in a safe place because there's nothing really to be "done" with them, but I can't imagine throwing them out, either. It's quite the autograph collection!

Best wishes,
Brian Freeman

yeah... a special bound limited edition of 4? 5? of CD signatures from the past 20 years, of course.... keep me in mind for that one.

carlosdetweiller
02-13-2011, 09:54 AM

Best wishes,
Brian Freeman

yeah... a special bound limited edition of 4? 5? of CD signatures from the past 20 years, of course.... keep me in mind for that one.

With optional Chadbourne drawings, of course.

Stockerlone
02-13-2011, 11:07 AM
Last year i missed Complete MASTERS OF DARKNESS signed extra sheets...
39 signatures for 50 $$$:pullhair:

lophophoras
02-13-2011, 11:58 AM
Hmmm..... :orely:

I am sure that if you were ever to put the sig sheets together in sets to sell you would have every collector in here biting at their bits to get a copy...

Brice
02-13-2011, 02:39 PM
Thank you Brian,
Lost

Thanks for asking! It mostly depends on the print run and the expected audience for the book. For example, we usually hand number anything with print runs less than 750 because those are books that we expect will mostly sell to established collectors. (Some special projects above 750 also get hand numbered, such as Stephen King: The Non-Fiction, The Dark Tower Concordance, etc.) For the most part, we don't hand number the larger print runs where we expect a large percentage of the sales to be to distributors and libraries. I hope this information helps!

Best wishes,
Brian Freeman

I'll hand number EVERY book you print for one copy of the same. :)

Merlin1958
02-13-2011, 03:53 PM
Thank you Brian,
Lost

Best wishes,
Brian Freeman

Ooh!! Ooh!!! Me Too!!! Me Too!!!!

:excited::excited::excited:

Brian James Freeman
02-14-2011, 07:19 AM

These are all 8.5 X 11.

Best wishes,
Brian Freeman

Tito_Villa
02-14-2011, 07:22 AM
Yeah i ordered 2 to put in with my SOD V2 S/L's , i love Chadbourne's colour work!

Brice
02-14-2011, 11:22 AM
Thank you Brian,
Lost

Best wishes,
Brian Freeman

Ooh!! Ooh!!! Me Too!!! Me Too!!!!

:excited::excited::excited:

:unsure:

Well, that would mean every book got numbered twice. :lol:

WeDealInLead
02-14-2011, 11:36 AM

Best wishes,
Brian Freeman

With optional Chadbourne drawings, of course.

Thanks, now I have spilled coffee on my white shirt.

Meaning.... excellent post sir!

PS I actually like Chadbourne's art but that post was too great to not be quoted

thegreattim
02-16-2011, 12:12 PM
CD is now also selling some DT themed Alan M. Clark S/L prints. They are pretty nice looking! I picked up two myself...

http://www.cemeterydance.com/page/CDP/PROD/x_alnart04

oy-the-brave
02-16-2011, 12:32 PM
CD is now also selling some DT themed Alan M. Clark S/L prints. They are pretty nice looking! I picked up two myself...

You can also purchase them and a ton of other prints in 2 sizes from Alan M Clark:

http://ifdpublishing.com/zencart/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=50_1

It is wierd to see CD selling prints of my OY trilogy commission.

olverts
02-16-2011, 12:43 PM
Really nice prints
Just ordered the "Dark Tower " print :)

thegreattim
02-16-2011, 08:20 PM

You can also purchase them and a ton of other prints in 2 sizes from Alan M Clark:

http://ifdpublishing.com/zencart/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=50_1

Awww, I wish I had known. I might have gone the direct route and picked up a remarque or two for a few dollars more.

Jimimck
02-17-2011, 12:26 AM
I haven't finished reading part 7 yet (I know, I know)
And so was a little disheartened when I saw the title of one of the prints...

Fingers crossed it doesn't mean anything.

Don't feel the need to try and say either way, I'll stumble upon the truth sooner or later....

LostAlivE
02-17-2011, 09:29 AM
Brian,
Wouldn't books sell better if they were numbered?
A couple of the books you have announced lately have print runs of 750. I know I would be more inclined to buy a signed and numbered book than one that isn't numbered.
To me all the books numbered from 1200 down would all be numbered.
I know it would mean a little more work but wouldn't it be worth it if you sold more books because they were numbered than not numbered?
How does everyone else feel about this?
Thank you,
Lost

MLG
02-17-2011, 12:44 PM
Lost, I agree with you. I prefer numbered editions as well.

Brian James Freeman
02-17-2011, 12:51 PM
Brian,
Wouldn't books sell better if they were numbered?
A couple of the books you have announced lately have print runs of 750. I know I would be more inclined to buy a signed and numbered book than one that isn't numbered.
To me all the books numbered from 1200 down would all be numbered.
I know it would mean a little more work but wouldn't it be worth it if you sold more books because they were numbered than not numbered?
How does everyone else feel about this?
Thank you,
Lost

Hi Lost!

We've really seen no noticeable difference in sales that we can trace back to whether the books are hand-numbered or not, but I do think it would be pretty cool to hand-number all of the books.

To do that, we'd have to raise the price of every book so we could hire another employee just to keep up with the numbering. We printed more than 30,000 copies of Limited Edition books last year and numbering all of them would take a substantial amount of time. It's not just the physical numbering that takes time, of course, but keeping track of the numbers (which numbers have been used, which customer gets which number, etc) and handling the requests for specific numbers (everyone wants #666!) already eats up a lot of the day for our warehouse manager for the books we do hand-number.

That said, if we heard from a lot of regular customers that they really wanted every book to be hand-numbered, we would look into it. I'm just not sure if we'd really want to raise the prices in the current economy, and we would have to do that to hire another staffer.

As it is, we're still charging around the same prices we did 15 years ago even though our costs have gone up dramatically in that time. We have an office and warehouse, three more full-time staffers, and the cost of paper alone for the books is easily three times higher than it was in the '90s. That means if we needed $3,000 worth of paper to print a book in 1996, it would now cost around $9,000 for the exact same amount of paper for that exact same book -- and that cost doesn't include the actual printing and binding and labor costs from the printer, all of which have also gone up.

We've tried to keep the prices down as much as we can because once you start raising the prices above a certain point, you see a drop off in sales from "regular" collectors, booksellers, and libraries. As a business, you try to find the middle ground of pricing and print runs. If you have to cut the print run too much, most projects become unfeasible from a business standpoint. That's part of the reason why so many new presses have come and gone in the last 10 years. It's very hard to make a 200 or 300 copy print run "work" as a business model.

So in the current economy, I think we'd need to hear from a lot of regular customers that this was a feature they really wanted and were willing to pay for so we could gauge whether raising prices was worth the lower sales that would occur due to people not wanting to (or being able to) pay the higher prices.

Thanks, as always, for the feedback. I will keep it in mind, and we're always glad to hear what collectors are thinking.

Best wishes,
Brian Freeman

jhanic
02-17-2011, 12:58 PM
Brian, I've been meaning to ask you--are those plastic pop-em bags you ship books in of archival quality? Can I store the books within them safely or should I remove the bags?

John

Rahfa
02-17-2011, 12:58 PM
Even though I like numbered books too, for the cachet and all, I agree that we should remember the man-hours that go into accomplishing that.

There's no way to shrink the time, and even writing numbers 1-750 is going to take time - and probably cause X number of signature sheets to get smudged, torn, bent, etc.

I think Easton Press numbers them with a program that LOOKS hand-numbered...is there a way to make it part of process of the printing, rather than doing it by hand?

biomieg
02-17-2011, 01:03 PM
Centipede Press has 'hard-numbered' books in which the numbers are printed on the limitation page. How they go about creating these, I don't know. The numbered page is probably tipped in?

*edit* these do not look hand-numbered, by the way, nor is that the intention.

Brian James Freeman
02-17-2011, 02:25 PM
Brian, I've been meaning to ask you--are those plastic pop-em bags you ship books in of archival quality? Can I store the books within them safely or should I remove the bags?

John

Hey John!

The bubble bags we used for shipping are mostly meant as the last line of defense if the package is handled roughly or crushed, and I'm not sure what the long-term effects would be of leaving the book in the bag.

Best wishes,
Brian Freeman

Brian James Freeman
02-17-2011, 02:27 PM

I had wondered who commissioned those -- but I guess it makes sense now! ;) Alan did a beautiful job, didn't he? I think they're stunning paintings...

Best wishes,
Brian Freeman

jhanic
02-17-2011, 02:30 PM

John

Hey John!

The bubble bags we used for shipping are mostly meant as the last line of defense if the package is handled roughly or crushed, and I'm not sure what the long-term effects would be of leaving the book in the bag.

Best wishes,
Brian Freeman

Thanks, Brian! I'll be moving the books into archival plastic bags.

John

Brian James Freeman
02-17-2011, 02:31 PM
I think Easton Press numbers them with a program that LOOKS hand-numbered...is there a way to make it part of process of the printing, rather than doing it by hand?

Centipede Press has 'hard-numbered' books in which the numbers are printed on the limitation page. How they go about creating these, I don't know. The numbered page is probably tipped in?

These are both really good points. I remember we discussed trying something like this, but the concern was what we'd do about the sheets that get mangled during the binding process. I'm going to look into how other presses use the "pre-numbered" sheets and how they deal with sheets that are "lost" during the binding process. Thanks!

Best wishes,
Brian Freeman

LostAlivE
02-17-2011, 03:23 PM
Brian thank you so much for the explanation it was very enlightening for me.
Thank you,
Lost

Randall Flagg
02-17-2011, 04:05 PM

These are both really good points. I remember we discussed trying something like this, but the concern was what we'd do about the sheets that get mangled during the binding process. I'm going to look into how other presses use the "pre-numbered" sheets and how they deal with sheets that are "lost" during the binding process. Thanks!

Best wishes,
Brian Freeman
I could see complications if a customer orders a number and the book with the preprinted number is damaged-I suppose they get a PC (preprinted) copy?
It would also still take additional time to process the requested #'s.
I'm sure after you do a CB analysis, you'll make the best decision-for customers, pricing, and the business itself.

Sir_Boomme
02-17-2011, 04:12 PM
[QUOTE=LostAlivE;596013]Brian,
So in the current economy, I think we'd need to hear from a lot of regular customers that this was a feature they really wanted and were willing to pay for so we could gauge whether raising prices was worth the lower sales that would occur due to people not wanting to (or being able to) pay the higher prices.

Thanks, as always, for the feedback. I will keep it in mind, and we're always glad to hear what collectors are thinking.

Best wishes,
Brian Freeman
http://www.CemeteryDance.com (http://www.cemeterydance.com/)

just number the first 43 copies... that'd work for me.... and you wouldn't need someone full time .

note... my lifetime number is 43

George at C-Springs
02-17-2011, 04:27 PM
Brian -

John's bubblewrap question reminded me of something I meant to ask about a few months back. I received three books in November (remarqued Blockade Billy, SOD V1 and SOD V2). All had been shipped on the same day, but in three different packages ... that made no sense to me first of all. Second, to make it worse, the BB was in the dreaded padded envelope, SOD 1 was in a form fitting box but without any bubble wrap or other protection around the book (except the slipcase), and SOD 2 was in exactly the same form fitting box but with plastic foamies around everything. Predictably, the Blockade Billy spine and cover were damaged, the SOD 1 was banged up on the bottom of the spine and slipcase, and the SOD 2 was just fine.

I don't understand why they were shipped separately (although I'm sure there's a good reason), but I definitely don't understand the use of a padded envelop or no foamies in the SOD 1 package. Also, I don't see why slipcased books aren't at least shrinkwrapped or otherwise made secure so that the book doesn't just slide out of the case (especially when there's room within the packaging for it to move around). That is what happened to both of the damaged ones here. And yes, before anyone says anything, I know I could have gotten right on the e-mail as soon as I opened them and CD would take care of it ... have been otherwise occupied, didn't get around to it (the procrastinator in me), and just now reminded.

For anyone looking for proper great PHENOMENAL packing techniques, talk with Rick. My Blaine remarque (photo of its prelimnary sketch to come) arrived last week, and his atomic bomb-proof packaging was a marvel of foam and cardboard engineering!

George

oy-the-brave
02-17-2011, 10:14 PM

I had wondered who commissioned those -- but I guess it makes sense now! ;) Alan did a beautiful job, didn't he? I think they're stunning paintings...

Best wishes,
Brian Freeman

Yes Alan did a beautiful job on the Oy paintings, I started with the Oy and Jake and the experience with working on it with Alan was fun, and came out great, so I decided to make it a trilogy and I was was VERY pleased with the results.

Here is a pic of the framed originals for the Jake and Oy painting:

http://www.thedarktower.org/gallery/data/500/medium/jakeoyfinal.jpg

pencil drawing, light study and finished painting

Dave

Tito_Villa
02-18-2011, 01:37 AM
They look very nice side by side!

Brian James Freeman
02-18-2011, 04:49 AM
Brian -

John's bubblewrap question reminded me of something I meant to ask about a few months back. I received three books in November (remarqued Blockade Billy, SOD V1 and SOD V2). All had been shipped on the same day, but in three different packages ... that made no sense to me first of all. Second, to make it worse, the BB was in the dreaded padded envelope, SOD 1 was in a form fitting box but without any bubble wrap or other protection around the book (except the slipcase), and SOD 2 was in exactly the same form fitting box but with plastic foamies around everything. Predictably, the Blockade Billy spine and cover were damaged, the SOD 1 was banged up on the bottom of the spine and slipcase, and the SOD 2 was just fine.

I don't understand why they were shipped separately (although I'm sure there's a good reason), but I definitely don't understand the use of a padded envelop or no foamies in the SOD 1 package. Also, I don't see why slipcased books aren't at least shrinkwrapped or otherwise made secure so that the book doesn't just slide out of the case (especially when there's room within the packaging for it to move around). That is what happened to both of the damaged ones here. And yes, before anyone says anything, I know I could have gotten right on the e-mail as soon as I opened them and CD would take care of it ... have been otherwise occupied, didn't get around to it (the procrastinator in me), and just now reminded.

For anyone looking for proper great PHENOMENAL packing techniques, talk with Rick. My Blaine remarque (photo of its prelimnary sketch to come) arrived last week, and his atomic bomb-proof packaging was a marvel of foam and cardboard engineering!

George

Hey George!

I'm on my way out the door, but happy to answer! Here's the short versions:

1) They were shipped in separate packages because they were 3 separate orders. We can't automatically combine orders to ship them together. Someone would have to go into all three orders, cancel two of them, re-add the items from the cancelled orders to the uncancelled order, and make sure they didn't miss any notes, etc, and then you have to enter "fake" payment info so the customer doesn't get charged again. The accountants HATE it for the obvious reasons and you also lose the original payment information when you cancel the original orders, so if there's a problem with Book A from Cancelled Order 1 and you need to refund it, you have to get the payment info from the customer again. Trust me, we dislike this as much as you can imagine we do because it's more packing work, more money spent on postage, and it just seems dumb! But that's the limitation of our order management software, unfortunately.

2) Not sure why the Billy was shipped in an envelope, but it's probably the same reason they missed bubblebagging your SOD. We had a lot of temporary help in the fall because we were shipping 5,000+ orders each month that were NOT Stephen King related (so add in SOD, Riding, Full Dark, etc, and you have a lot of orders!) and the temp help simply isn't as good as our two regular employees in the warehouse. But if our two regular employees had to do all of that shipping on their own, we'd be looking at finishing the shipping of the fall 2010 books... this fall! All in all, the temp help did a really great job and was a lot of, well, help, but they're simply not as good as the people who do this day in, day out for the obvious reasons. But given how many packages we shipped, the problem rate has been pretty low -- so I'm sorry to hear you had TWO of the problems!

3) We can't shrinkwrap the books because we don't have a shrinkwrapping machine. We COULD have our printer do it, but then we couldn't inspect the books and the cases before they ship, and although our shippers aren't perfect and sometimes miss things, we do try to grab the "duds" before they ever leave the warehouse. I have boxes of SOD 1, SOD 2, and FULL DARK that will never see the light of day because of slight problems we caught during inspection. I had actually looked into a shrinkwrapping machine, though, because I DO think it's a great idea. The upfront cost was a little heavy, and it would double the time required to ship the slipcased books. When the books are properly bubblebagged, there usually doesn't need to be shrinkwrapping, though!

Drop me a line via email about getting replacements for your damaged books, okay? If we don't have one of them around still, I'll find you one!

Best wishes,
Brian Freeman

Brian James Freeman
02-18-2011, 11:27 AM
I know someone on here had asked if we might be doing a Limited Edition of Lucifer's Lottery by Edward Lee... the answer is "yep!" Here's the cover:

http://www.cemeterydance.com/Merchant2/graphics/00000001/lee12.jpg (http://www.cemeterydance.com/page/CDP/PROD/lee12)

And here's the product page:

http://www.cemeterydance.com/page/CDP/PROD/lee12

Best wishes,
Brian Freeman

Patrick
02-18-2011, 11:41 AM
Brian, if you're making choices about how to spend limited resources, here's my opinion on the two subjects at hand:

I would rather have my books numbered than have them come in shrinkwrap. The shrinkwrap goes in the garbage, but the number is forever.

(This assumes proper padding in a box - as I have always received from CD.)

LostAlivE
02-18-2011, 12:11 PM

John

Hey John!

Best wishes,
Brian Freeman

Thanks, Brian! I'll be moving the books into archival plastic bags.

John

Where would you get those at? I would like to get some myself but don't know where to get them.

jhanic
02-18-2011, 12:51 PM
I go to my local comics store. They stock lots of different sizes, too.

John

ELazansky
02-18-2011, 12:55 PM
Or you can everything you need here if no local comic shops are nearby - http://www.bagsunlimited.com/

Brian James Freeman
02-18-2011, 02:49 PM
The shrinkwrap goes in the garbage, but the number is forever.

That sounds like it should be the slogan for a small press marketing campaign! :)

Thanks again for the feedback. I'll keep looking into both of these topics to see what options we have as time goes on. You never know what options you might have down the road.

Brian

frik
02-19-2011, 12:48 AM
My memory is a bit vague on this, but wasn't/isn't CD going to produce a slipcase for Full Dark No Stars, like they did for Under the Dome?
I believe I even ordered one....

sk

Brian James Freeman
02-19-2011, 05:23 AM
My memory is a bit vague on this, but wasn't/isn't CD going to produce a slipcase for Full Dark No Stars, like they did for Under the Dome?

sk

Yep, they are due in next month from our slipcase maker!

Best wishes,
Brian Freeman

frik
02-19-2011, 07:03 AM
That's great!
Thanks, Brian.

sk

Patrick
02-19-2011, 10:11 AM
The shrinkwrap goes in the garbage, but the number is forever.

That sounds like it should be the slogan for a small press marketing campaign! :)

Thanks again for the feedback. I'll keep looking into both of these topics to see what options we have as time goes on. You never know what options you might have down the road.

Brian

Haha! You have my full permission to use it!

sk
Not sure how I missed this offer. Is this for the trade edition of FDNS? If so, I'd love to order one to protect my signed trade edition.

Brian James Freeman
02-19-2011, 03:18 PM
Not sure how I missed this offer. Is this for the trade edition of FDNS? If so, I'd love to order one to protect my signed trade edition.

Yep, it is. We offered them for a little time last summer before we knew we were going to be publishing the Limited. There will be some extras for the usual reasons (10% under/over production; to take care of damages in shipping, etc), so if anyone missed out, just drop me a line and I'll make sure we let you know as soon as we know how many extras there actually are. It could be as little as a couple or maybe two dozen or so.

Best wishes,
Brian Freeman

Brian James Freeman
02-19-2011, 03:19 PM
Yes Alan did a beautiful job on the Oy paintings, I started with the Oy and Jake and the experience with working on it with Alan was fun, and came out great, so I decided to make it a trilogy and I was was VERY pleased with the results.

Dave

That is awesome! Alan does such good work, and he's really great to work with, too.

Best wishes,
Brian Freeman

Merlin1958
02-19-2011, 04:33 PM
With a nod to Brian and CD's cases, if you miss out I got a rather nice case from Dave @ The Overlook for my US first. It glows in the dark too!!! I know what you're thinking, but it was rather tastefully done!!!! I'm very happy with it!!!! Great graphics!!! If anyone wants pics, PM me.

Merlin1958
02-19-2011, 04:37 PM

Best wishes,
Brian Freeman

Dave

Wow!!! That is really cool!!!! Reminds me a lot of my "Show me your hands" disney cel piece:

http://img836.imageshack.us/img836/4116/disneyart001.jpg

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Rahfa
02-19-2011, 06:47 PM
Nice work on both!

Patrick
02-19-2011, 08:04 PM

Yep, it is. We offered them for a little time last summer before we knew we were going to be publishing the Limited. There will be some extras for the usual reasons (10% under/over production; to take care of damages in shipping, etc), so if anyone missed out, just drop me a line and I'll make sure we let you know as soon as we know how many extras there actually are. It could be as little as a couple or maybe two dozen or so.

Best wishes,
Brian Freeman
Email sent. Thanks.

Love the Jake, Oy, and Dopey artwork!

carlosdetweiller
02-20-2011, 12:53 PM
Any thoughts as to why Ray Bradbury didn't sign the limited edition of LEGACIES? Easton Press was able to get him to sign their recent edition of FAHRENHEIT 451. Just curious as he is the only living author not to sign LEGACIES.

jhanic
02-20-2011, 01:01 PM
I was kind of wondering that too. He seems to sign a number of editions of PS Publishing. I wonder if they have some kind of "exclusive" for him.

John

Brian James Freeman
02-20-2011, 03:24 PM
Any thoughts as to why Ray Bradbury didn't sign the limited edition of LEGACIES? Easton Press was able to get him to sign their recent edition of FAHRENHEIT 451. Just curious as he is the only living author not to sign LEGACIES.

I will ask and see if anyone remembers. I know we have some other little things with him in the future, but we're not asking him to sign sheets for those projects. The last time I spoke with him, it sounded like his eyesight was going, which is really quite sad...

Best wishes,
Brian Freeman

thegreattim
02-20-2011, 10:04 PM
I know that Bradbury has been having a hard time, health wise for a while. His signature page counts with most of the houses that publish him regularly (PS, SubPress, Gauntlet) have trending downward for a while.

I would not be surprised if Easton has been holding on to those signature pages for a long time. I was in touch with EP customer service about a couple of other author signed books they published, in some cases years after the author has passed on. For authors they plan to work with more than once, they generally have them sign literally thousands of signature sheets. If you look at the limitation page for Fahrenheit (below), it mentions the book title nowhere on the page. Even the limitation itself, pre-printed on the bottom, could have been added at a later date given the crappy generic font differences.

http://www.thedarktower.org/gallery/data/500/F451-4x.jpg

I wish Mr. Bradbury the best of health for years to come, however. On any given day you ask me (depending on what I have been reading that month) he is more likely than not, my second favorite author after King. Always in my top 5. :) I would love to read more tales from him!

Brian James Freeman
03-02-2011, 11:13 AM
Hey gang!

We're going to be producing a slipcase for King's massive new novel from Scribner, which is entitled 11/22/63. If you're interested, you can read more here:

http://www.cemeterydance.com/page/CDP/BreakingNews

Best wishes,
Brian Freeman

ELazansky
03-02-2011, 11:21 AM
Are you going to produce a signed/limited edition too? :-)

frik
03-02-2011, 11:30 AM
Please say yes!! :)

sk

Brian James Freeman
03-02-2011, 11:43 AM

At this time, I've heard of no plans for a Limited Edition of this title. :)

Brian

Rahfa
03-02-2011, 11:49 AM
I know that Bradbury has been having a hard time, health wise for a while. His signature page counts with most of the houses that publish him regularly (PS, SubPress, Gauntlet) have trending downward for a while.

I would not be surprised if Easton has been holding on to those signature pages for a long time. I was in touch with EP customer service about a couple of other author signed books they published, in some cases years after the author has passed on. For authors they plan to work with more than once, they generally have them sign literally thousands of signature sheets. If you look at the limitation page for Fahrenheit (below), it mentions the book title nowhere on the page. Even the limitation itself, pre-printed on the bottom, could have been added at a later date given the crappy generic font differences.

http://www.thedarktower.org/gallery/data/500/F451-4x.jpg

I wish Mr. Bradbury the best of health for years to come, however. On any given day you ask me (depending on what I have been reading that month) he is more likely than not, my second favorite author after King. Always in my top 5. :) I would love to read more tales from him!

Great observation...

Yes, they'll be publishing Kurt Vonnegut books for years to come. A recent posthumous book, "Look at the Birdie" has an almost identical signature page - it does mention that it's a first edition, but no mention of the title.

Merlin1958
03-02-2011, 04:09 PM
Hey gang!

We're going to be producing a slipcase for King's massive new novel from Scribner, which is entitled 11/22/63. If you're interested, you can read more here:

http://www.cemeterydance.com/page/CDP/BreakingNews

Best wishes,
Brian Freeman

Brian,

Do you have an idea as to how long you guys will be accepting Pre-orders for the Slipcases?

I want one, but would prefer to wait a little bit 30-45 days

Brian James Freeman
03-02-2011, 04:19 PM
I think it'll be at least another month or two because we haven't set an end date yet. I will post something here as soon as I know so anyone who wants to wait can do so! :)

Brian

Merlin1958
03-02-2011, 04:23 PM
I think it'll be at least another month or two because we haven't set an end date yet. I will post something here as soon as I know so anyone who wants to wait can do so! :)

Brian

Cool. Thank You!!!

So, you guys in a secret negotiation for the Limited? We won't tell a soul!!!!!! Will we guys?????

LOL :nope:

Brice
03-02-2011, 04:25 PM
Oh no, we wouldn't tell anyone who isn't here.

LostAlivE
03-02-2011, 04:59 PM

Brian

Yeah I could use a month or most likely two. I have spent a lot on some books here lately so I could use all the time I can get.
Thank you Brian for doing this for all of us that like slipcases........but be really nice to get a traycase for it.

Merlin1958
03-02-2011, 05:03 PM

Brian

Yeah I could use a month or most likely two. I have spent a lot on some books here lately so I could use all the time I can get.
Thank you Brian for doing this for all of us that like slipcases........but be really nice to get a traycase for it.

If you want a Truly unique Traycase for it, see Dolso at bookslipcase.com

WeDealInLead
03-02-2011, 06:19 PM
Any production updates on the slipcases for the trade edition of FDNS?

Brian James Freeman
03-02-2011, 06:33 PM

Yep, they are due in this month from our slipcase maker!

Best wishes,
Brian Freeman

pixiedark76
03-02-2011, 07:37 PM

sk

Yep, they are due in next month from our slipcase maker!

Best wishes,
Brian Freeman

:rock::thumbsup: YAY! FINALLY! (jk):)

east-tennessee
03-02-2011, 08:57 PM
I've lost interest in aftermarket slipcases. I do enjoy the quality of the cases that come with the limiteds & gift ed. I prefer the book to be shelved as it was originally released.
Just my opinion......Brian.

Brian James Freeman
03-03-2011, 11:31 AM
I've lost interest in aftermarket slipcases. I do enjoy the quality of the cases that come with the limiteds & gift ed. I prefer the book to be shelved as it was originally released.
Just my opinion......Brian.

Everyone's different! Some of our customers really love the cases for their trades and others don't care for the idea at all. :)

Best wishes,
Brian Freeman

Brian James Freeman
03-03-2011, 11:38 AM
Hey gang!

We're doing some revamp work on the Cemetery Dance website this year, so please feel free to email me with any critiques of the website or checkout process that you might have, and I'll keep it all in mind during the design and planning phase. Looking at the site ten times a day and using the checkout every week to test new products, I don't "see" it the same way a customer might. So if there's any feature you'd like added, or anything that bugs you, let me know and I will do my best. Not everything is possible with our current software, but you never know unless you ask. :)

*Please* use my direct email instead of posting here or sending PMs, just so I can keep all of the notes organized: brianfreeman@cemeterydance.com

Thanks!

Best wishes,
Brian Freeman

shnnrc01
03-03-2011, 12:06 PM
brian,was charged $66 dollars for international for my fdns gift and limited but the shipping price on the package was $48......$18 handling fees??

Brian James Freeman
03-03-2011, 12:14 PM
For questions about your orders, you need to email Mindy or myself. I can't properly answer questions without looking at the actual order to see the specifics. Thanks!

Best wishes,
Brian Freeman

LostAlivE
03-04-2011, 08:06 AM

Yep, they are due in this month from our slipcase maker!

Best wishes,
Brian Freeman

I too had forgotten about ordering the slipcase and I also ordered the traycase too.
That is one of the reasons why I know Brian and company can make us a traycase for 11/22/63

pixiedark76
03-04-2011, 08:41 PM

At this time, I've heard of no plans for a Limited Edition of this title. :)

Brian

Brian are you going to sell the UK edition of 11/22/63? If you are, maybe you could include a slipcase on the order like you did for the US edition.

Ric
03-10-2011, 07:02 AM
Hi All,

I wanted to take this opportunity to post and to thank Brian Freeman publicly for his wonderful and generous offer to replace my (dog mangled) Secretary Of Dreams slipcase. Brian went above and beyond the call of duty on this and I just wanted to let him know how much I appreciate it. You have a loyal customer Brian! :rock:

Brian James Freeman
03-10-2011, 07:15 AM
No problem, Ric! Happy to help!

Best wishes,
Brian Freeman

Pasiuk57
03-10-2011, 10:51 AM
Brian
You are making a more friends every day!!
Glad you are following this site.

Tito_Villa
03-10-2011, 12:53 PM
Brain one change i would like somehow if possible is to do with shipping.
No problem with the price or packaging but when i get a paypal invoice for shipping i have no-idea what it's for!
If there could be a little note included somewhere that would be great.

Brian James Freeman
03-10-2011, 01:27 PM
Brain one change i would like somehow if possible is to do with shipping.
No problem with the price or packaging but when i get a paypal invoice for shipping i have no-idea what it's for!
If there could be a little note included somewhere that would be great.

Yep, that's *definitely* on the list! Thanks!

Best wishes,
Brian Freeman

ur2ndbiggestfan
03-10-2011, 02:59 PM
Now that that is brought up, I too have a bunch of Paypal invoices with only amounts on them, and no goods. I'm sure Brian the 'Brain' will fix that!

George at C-Springs
03-10-2011, 03:01 PM
Received this today from CD, a Chadbourne signed print "Stephen King's Characters" limited to 25 (though I don't think they're numbered); it can only be Roland pointing that big revolver skyward. Hard to tell from the .gif, but I think that's Jack from The Magic Treehouse sitting in the chair :wtf: (you'll get that if you have 7-year olds). Price is cheap, $14.99 plus S/H.

http://www.cemeterydance.com/page/CDP/PROD/X_GLNART15

http://www.thedarktower.org/gallery/data/500/medium/X_GLNART15a.jpg

Ben Staad
03-10-2011, 03:21 PM
Received this today from CD, a Chadbourne signed print "Stephen King's Characters" limited to 25 (though I don't think they're numbered); it can only be Roland pointing that big revolver skyward. Hard to tell from the .gif, but I think that's Jack from The Magic Treehouse sitting in the chair :wtf: (you'll get that if you have 7 year-olds). Price is cheap, $14.99 plus S/H.

http://www.cemeterydance.com/page/CDP/PROD/X_GLNART15

http://www.thedarktower.org/gallery/data/500/medium/X_GLNART15a.jpg

Ordered mine today. Not even sure of everything in the print (no option to enlarge) but I love Glenn's art so I couldn't help myself. By the way what in the hell is a magic treehouse? Is that a reference to "The Painted Darkness" by Brian Freeman (lips puckering). :P

Ari_Racing
03-10-2011, 03:23 PM
I have that one! I think it has a couple of years. :)
Pretty cool!

MLG
03-16-2011, 01:02 PM
I received an unsigned version of this Chadbourne print several years back. I do not remember the promotion involved but it is a great print. I have it framed in my den and my nephew studies the print. He has asked what story each character is from.

Separate note: CD is offering free worldwide shipping on select items for the next three days. I am in the US so it will not benefit me but there are lot of discussions about the overseas shipping costs so I thought I would mention it here.

DanHocker
03-16-2011, 01:06 PM
I received an unsigned version of this Chadbourne print several years back. I do not remember the promotion involved but it is a great print. I have it framed in my den and my nephew studies the print. He has asked what story each character is from.

Separate note: CD is offering free worldwide shipping on select items for the next three days. I am in the US so it will not benefit me but there are lot of discussions about the overseas shipping costs so I thought I would mention it here.

Technically it wouldn't benifit you "as much" as US customers get free shipping on those items as well, it's just that those savings are not as much. Here's the link for everyone though.

http://www.cemeterydance.com/page/CDP/CTGY/FREE

Brian James Freeman
03-16-2011, 01:13 PM

Thanks for mentioning this!

The special offer is for in-stock books only, for the next three days only, but shipping is indeed free *anywhere* in the world. There is a minimum purchase of $100 and no coupons can be accepted. We've never tried this kind of special before, and I'm not sure if we'll be able to do it again after our accountants crunch the numbers, but I've been pushing to try this idea for a while now because I thought it might help some of our customers outside the US add a few items to their collection that they had skipped due to the cost of shipping. The minimum order amount and the 'no coupons' requirement came from the accountants, who think I'm nuts for wanting to offer this deal in the first place. ;)

Here is the page with the details and all of the qualifying products if you're interested:

Thanks!

Best wishes,
Brian Freeman

Jimimck
03-16-2011, 02:26 PM
I think this is awesome Brian, thanks for thinking of it.
Now I just have to check the ol' budget to see if I can afford to order in the next few days!

Cheers
James

Randall Flagg
03-16-2011, 03:08 PM
That is a fabulous offer!!!
I hope it doesn't put CD out of business.:cry:
A $100 full price order might be >$25 to ship.
I sincerely hope it generates sales.

Ari_Racing
03-16-2011, 03:10 PM
I'm currently looking at the stock to place an order.
:)

Brian James Freeman
03-16-2011, 03:18 PM
There's probably a good reason they told me not to run the offer longer than three days. ;) But so far, so good... looks like a lot of Non-US customers are filling in some gaps in their collection, which I think is GREAT!

Best wishes,
Brian Freeman

Merlin1958
03-16-2011, 03:40 PM
There's probably a good reason they told me not to run the offer longer than three days. ;) But so far, so good... looks like a lot of Non-US customers are filling in some gaps in their collection, which I think is GREAT!

Best wishes,
Brian Freeman

Cool Beans!!!!!

:dance:

Jimimck
03-16-2011, 04:19 PM

No doubt about it. SOD Vol 2 was about $40ish on its own, so this is a great saving.

herbertwest
03-16-2011, 04:44 PM
Except that SOD are NOT part of the deal as arent in the list.
Am i wrong?

Merlin1958
03-16-2011, 04:47 PM

No doubt about it. SOD Vol 2 was about $40ish on its own, so this is a great saving.

$40-ish? Did I miss something? $75 minimum from CD I thought, Then again, I'm an "Outsider".

Jimimck
03-16-2011, 06:56 PM
I meant the shipping cost to NZ was $40, hence the confirmation the feree shipping deal is awesome. And I think I saw SOD Vol 2 on the list of items that qualify...

Brian James Freeman
03-17-2011, 04:25 AM
I meant the shipping cost to NZ was $40, hence the confirmation the feree shipping deal is awesome. And I think I saw SOD Vol 2 on the list of items that qualify...

Yep, SOD and some cool books from other publishers are on the list for this one promotion, and I'm fairly sure this will be the only time THAT ever happens, so if you want a copy of any of those, grab it now! :)

Best wishes,
Brian Freeman

Mr. Rabbit Trick
03-17-2011, 04:52 AM
The promotion seems to be working. I have bought some gift editions I would never have bought, without this promotion.

Brian James Freeman
03-17-2011, 06:48 AM
Our slipcase for the Full Dark, No Stars trade edition is now shipping, and I posted a few photos in case anyone wants to see what they look like:

http://www.cemeterydance.com/extras/fdnsslipcasephotos/

Best wishes,
Brian Freeman

Brian James Freeman
03-18-2011, 09:52 AM
Hey everyone!

The Cemetery Dance Insider newsletter is being switched to a new newsletter system today.

For most of our subscribers, nothing should change and later today you'll get an email welcoming you to the "new" mailing list, which will let you know you made the switch okay.

That said, some email addresses were rejected by the new service for various reasons. If you do NOT receive that welcome email by 10 PM EST today, you will need to manually resubscribe yourself to the newsletter so you don't miss out on our upcoming news for fans of Stephen King, William Peter Blatty, Peter Straub, Jack Ketchum, Edward Lee, Ray Garton, Douglas Clegg, Brian Keene, and many others.

PLEASE NOTE: If you don't want to take any chances and you just want to make sure you're on the new mailing list — or if you don't receive that welcome email from the new list later today — you can go to the Newsletter Page on our website and sign-up for the new Cemetery Dance Insider newsletter and/or our Stephen King Updates mailing list:

http://www.cemeterydance.com/page/CDP/Newsletter

(PLEASE NOTE: There is a newsletter for JUST Stephen King news and updates if collecting King is your main focus. This will be a much lower volume mailing list. If you just want to receive that Stephen King newsletter, just sign-up via the link above and then unsubscribe from the Insider newsletter when you receive it in your inbox.)

You can always unsubscribe from either list at any time by using the Unsubscribe link in the newsletters.

If anyone has ANY questions, concerns, or runs into any problems, PLEASE just email me directly: brianfreeman@cemeterydance.com

Thanks, as always, for your continuing support!

Best wishes,
Brian Freeman

LostAlivE
03-18-2011, 11:50 AM
Just got my e-mail for CD.

jhanic
03-18-2011, 12:17 PM
I got mine also.

John

The Library Policeman
03-18-2011, 12:20 PM
Me too

Merlin1958
03-18-2011, 12:31 PM
Me three!!!

Brian James Freeman
03-18-2011, 01:43 PM
The note from the new mailing list should have gone out to everyone by now. For anyone who didn't receive it, here is what you might look for in your SPAM folder:

FROM: Cemetery Dance Publications <info@cemeterydance.com>
SUBJECT: News from Cemetery Dance Publications

If you can't find the email, please try signing up again:

http://www.cemeterydance.com/page/CDP/Newsletter

If you don't receive the confirmation notice when you try to sign-up, or if you're told you're already on the list, PLEASE email me directly so I can look into it for you: brianfreeman@cemeterydance.com

Sorry for any convenience, and thanks for your support!

Best wishes,
Brian Freeman

pixiedark76
03-18-2011, 03:05 PM
Our slipcase for the Full Dark, No Stars trade edition is now shipping, and I posted a few photos in case anyone wants to see what they look like:

http://www.cemeterydance.com/extras/fdnsslipcasephotos/

Best wishes,
Brian Freeman

YAY!! FINALLY!:dance::excited::rock: (just kidding) :thumbsup:

ELazansky
03-22-2011, 12:29 PM
From CD today:

A Brand New Stephen King Grab Bag!
Featuring A BRAND NEW Short Story by King and more!
Three Great King Items For ONE Low Price!

We've come up with what we think is going to be our best Grab Bag ever if you're a King fan! Even if you've bought everything we've ever published, you cannot go wrong with this deal because we won't be using anything that has ever been offered for sale before today! These are three brand new, never before published items!

Here's the deal:
Stephen King has written a brand new SHORT STORY, which will be published in The Atlantic in May. We spoke to the publisher of the magazine, and we're going to be able to get a very limited supply of this issue for our customers, which is sure to be in high demand. (Magazine publishers always seem to underestimate how popular a new King story will be. We've seen big magazines just disappear from newsstands overnight for this reason!)

To give you a great value, we're going to bundle the issue into a brand new STEPHEN KING Grab Bag! The other items include an original comic book about Stephen King and a signed Limited Edition chapbook about King's work that we're commissioning exclusively for this Grab Bag! We can't say more about these incredible bonus items, but we think our Stephen King collectors will be very pleased -- especially when they see the extremely low price tag on this great bundle!

That's right! To make this an even better deal, we're selling these sets for just $17 plus shipping! We will have all three items ready to ship in early May, but we're going to have a very limited number of sets to sell, and we don't expect them to last long!

Rahfa
03-22-2011, 12:51 PM
Haha....can't you just say "and we're including an issue of The Atlantic with SK's new story!" Is the hyperbole about "selling out" and "underestimating demand" or "spoke to the publisher" really necessary? I have a feeling that if you really want a newstand copy, you could find one - a brand new yearly subscription is only $12...haha...

Brian James Freeman
03-22-2011, 01:22 PM
Haha....can't you just say "and we're including an issue of The Atlantic with SK's new story!" Is the hyperbole about "selling out" and "underestimating demand" or "spoke to the publisher" really necessary? I have a feeling that if you really want a newstand copy, you could find one - a brand new yearly subscription is only $12...haha...

ha! :) I'm sure you will be able to find copies of this issue on the newsstand. Not everyone likes to go to the newsstand or has one near them, though. We also have a lot of King collectors on our list who are from other countries and don't always have access to American publications.

In the sales copy, I was just referencing at least two cases in the past that I know of where a magazine sold out quickly because the publisher didn't realize King is really popular. I know it sounds like a dumb thing not to realize, but it has happened. :)

This deal will appeal to some collectors and not others. We're including a pretty cool comic about King's life and an exclusive new chapbook about King's work as part of the bundle. Some collectors really like our chapbooks. So for collectors who like those things, I think this is a neat deal. But everyone's milage will vary. :)

http://www.cemeterydance.com/page/CDP/PROD/X_SKGB11A

Best wishes,
Brian Freeman

jon10g
03-22-2011, 01:41 PM
Can you give any more information about the chapbook?
Thanks
Jon

Ric
03-22-2011, 02:02 PM
Brian,

Are you including the comic AND the chapbook? Or is it the comic OR the chapbook?

Thanks

Randall Flagg
03-22-2011, 02:21 PM

ha! :) I'm sure you will be able to find copies of this issue on the newsstand. Not everyone likes to go to the newsstand or has one near them, though. We also have a lot of King collectors on our list who are from other countries and don't always have access to American publications.

In the sales copy, I was just referencing at least two cases in the past that I know of where a magazine sold out quickly because the publisher didn't realize King is really popular. I know it sounds like a dumb thing not to realize, but it has happened. :)

This deal will appeal to some collectors and not others. We're including a pretty cool comic about King's life and an exclusive new chapbook about King's work as part of the bundle. Some collectors really like our chapbooks. So for collectors who like those things, I think this is a neat deal. But everyone's milage will vary. :)

Best wishes,
Brian Freeman

Brian,

Are you including the comic AND the chapbook? Or is it the comic OR the chapbook?

Thanks
I ordered two. My understanding it is both the comic and a chapbook.
I'm certain I can find the mag on a local newsstand, but the two added items sounded cool.
Call me a fool, but I think it is a value.

Brian James Freeman
03-22-2011, 02:59 PM
Can you give any more information about the chapbook?
Thanks
Jon

Happy to! It's going to be a pretty in-depth look the comics based on King's work and how the comic world has reacted to this "flood" of Stephen King comics the last few years. It's written by Kevin Quigley, with cover artwork by Steve Gilberts.

Best wishes,
Brian Freeman

Brian James Freeman
03-22-2011, 03:00 PM
Brian,

Thanks

Yep, it's the issue of The Atlantic with King's story, the comic book about his life, and the chapbook!

Best wishes,
Brian Freeman

ur2ndbiggestfan
03-22-2011, 03:13 PM
Heck, I ordered one, sounds good to me.

Ric
03-22-2011, 07:17 PM
Brian,

Thanks
Yep, it's the issue of The Atlantic with King's story, the comic book about his life, and the chapbook!

Thanks Brian, just placed my order!!

tippy4
03-22-2011, 07:43 PM
Any update on The Big Book of Necon?

Brian James Freeman
03-22-2011, 08:19 PM
Any update on The Big Book of Necon?

Finishing up the sig sheets took longer than I expected/hoped, but we're definitely in the home stretch now. I'm expecting the three signed editions to be finished at the printer in late May. The slipcases and traycases should follow about 8 to 10 weeks after that... So for now I would say "this summer" but I will have a firmer date by the time the books are done at the printer because by then the slipcase people will be able to formally schedule the job and tell me what their turn-around time will be. (We need the finished books for these cases and can't use dummy books because of the number of tip-ins.)

Best wishes,
Brian Freeman

Tito_Villa
03-23-2011, 07:19 AM
Brain great work with the new 'production status' page, very informative and it's nice to see all the books together!

Brian James Freeman
03-23-2011, 08:24 AM
Brain great work with the new 'production status' page, very informative and it's nice to see all the books together!

Thanks! Here is the page for anyone who doesn't get the newsletter: http://www.cemeterydance.com/page/CDP/PRODUCTION

(Let me know if I missed any announced titles you're curious about, but I *think* I caught them all... There are 35 or more unannounced titles at various stages of production right now, but they won't be added to that page until they are announced.)

My goal is to update that unified Production Update page while still updating the product pages as well. Some folks never knew the latest production update for each book was on the product page -- and considering how LONG some of the pages are, I understand why! -- so that is also something we're addressing with our new website that will be launched this summer. It's a total redesign of the website from the ground up, with a lot of improvements.

If you have any suggestions for changes/improvements to the website or how the website works, please EMAIL me directly so I can add your thoughts to my running list: brianfreeman@cemeterydance.com

Thanks!

Best wishes,
Brian Freeman

MLG
03-23-2011, 09:25 AM
Here is how I looked at it.
Copy of Atlantic 5.99
Copy of King Comic 7.99
Copy of Limited Chapbook 10.00 (Guess based on what I have paid in the past)
Total Value 23.98
Price from CD with shipping 24.00. Add to that the fact that they are delivered to my door, I think this is a value.
Thanks to CD for putting this together, saved me some time and effort picking up items I would have bought anyway!

Sir_Boomme
03-23-2011, 11:33 AM

Thanks! Here is the page for anyone who doesn't get the newsletter: http://www.cemeterydance.com/page/CDP/PRODUCTION

(Let me know if I missed any announced titles you're curious about, but I *think* I caught them all... There are 35 or more unannounced titles at various stages of production right now, but they won't be added to that page until they are announced.)

My goal is to update that unified Production Update page while still updating the product pages as well. Some folks never knew the latest production update for each book was on the product page -- and considering how LONG some of the pages are, I understand why! -- so that is also something we're addressing with our new website that will be launched this summer. It's a total redesign of the website from the ground up, with a lot of improvements.

If you have any suggestions for changes/improvements to the website or how the website works, please EMAIL me directly so I can add your thoughts to my running list: brianfreeman@cemeterydance.com

Thanks!

Best wishes,
Brian Freeman

Kudos on the new update page... I like it!!!

CRinVA
03-23-2011, 12:35 PM

Best wishes,
Brian Freeman

Brian I know CD just changed mailing lists providers and I did get the confirmation email, BUT I did not get the email notice for this grab bag - fortunately I read it here and have placed an order. Partially as I have always supported Kevin Quigly and count him as a good friend.

Brian James Freeman
03-23-2011, 01:18 PM
Brian I know CD just changed mailing lists providers and I did get the confirmation email, BUT I did not get the email notice for this grab bag - fortunately I read it here and have placed an order. Partially as I have always supported Kevin Quigly and count him as a good friend.

Thanks for the heads-up! Let me check a few things... can I drop you an email tomorrow morning when I know more about why you might not have gotten it?

Best wishes,
Brian Freeman

Brian James Freeman
03-23-2011, 01:18 PM

Thanks for the heads-up! Let me check a few things... can I drop you an email tomorrow morning when I know more about why you might not have gotten it?

Best wishes,
Brian Freeman

Mr. Rabbit Trick
03-23-2011, 03:41 PM

Lettered Editions:
As our collectors already know, the Lettered Editions are, unfortunately, quite behind schedule. We hope to make a big dent in the rest of the list this summer and fall.

Fall. Groan!

Brian James Freeman
03-23-2011, 04:13 PM

Lettered Editions:
As our collectors already know, the Lettered Editions are, unfortunately, quite behind schedule. We hope to make a big dent in the rest of the list this summer and fall.

Fall. Groan!

The complete update from the page:

"As our collectors already know, the Lettered Editions are, unfortunately, quite behind schedule. Part of the problem was because we had to cut ties with one of our hand-binders. That process took a while to resolve and then the extra work overwhelmed our other binder. The good news is, ALL of the overdue titles are now completely bound and are just waiting on their traycases. Of course, now our traycase maker is overwhelmed by the flood of titles landing on his desk all at the same time. We are working with our traycase maker, who is just a one man shop, and we're also looking for some alternative traycase makers who can provide the quality product our collectors expect and might be able to help us catch up faster. We hope to make a big dent in the rest of the list this summer and fall. Thank you for your patience."

Catching up on the Lettered Editions has always been part of the plan, and although I know we all would have loved it if we could have done everything all at once, it just wasn't realistic or feasible.

Rich and I spent a lot of time in 2009 putting the pieces in place so that we could make a serious push to wipe the slate clean of "older" books and get everyone what they are owed as soon as possible.

Phase One, which was last year, involved catching up on A LOT of the pre-2010 preorders that had lingered too long for one reason or another. We published 35 books, about 1/2 of which were "older." In fact, we got through most of the older ones where we weren't waiting on something from someone else (books we never should have announced in the first place because they weren't "done" enough -- a mistake we're trying to never make again!)

Phase Two happens this year and includes catching up on as many of the Lettered Editions as possible and almost all of the remaining "older preorders." Considering we now have ALL of the old Lettered Editions bound, which was a huge part of the problem, we are halfway there. Now we just have to solve the traycase logjam, which I'm working on just about every day.

Phase Three will be in 2012, which will see the last couple pre-2010 preorders (ones that still need manuscripts as of right now and won't happen in 2011 at this point) and whatever older Lettered Editions still need finished.

If all goes to plan, at the end of 2012, there will be NO preorders from before 2012 on the list... that includes Lettered Editions.

So it's a process, and it's not as fast as everyone would like -- trust me, I'd be glad to be done with it! -- but this process has been carefully planned to keep goals realistic and achievable so that our collectors get the books they are owed. Everything may not happen exactly as planned, but we're going to keep pushing like we have been for the last 18+ months to see it through...

Hope this helps! :) If there's a particular title you want a more specific update, just let me know! My email address is always in every post.

Best wishes,
Brian Freeman

Tito_Villa
03-24-2011, 01:44 AM
I got the 7th book from last years book club yesterday too ... Stories from the Plague Years
So happy that i signed up for the book club, yes it is going over 2 years instead of one but i have got some great titles :)
and i can't wait for Four Ghosts to come out later this year

Brian James Freeman
03-24-2011, 04:31 AM
I got the 7th book from last years book club yesterday too ... Stories from the Plague Years
So happy that i signed up for the book club, yes it is going over 2 years instead of one but i have got some great titles :)
and i can't wait for Four Ghosts to come out later this year

Stories From the Plague Years is a great book, and it sold out in something like 9 days after publication, so hopefully it'll be a good collectible, too! :)

Four Ghosts has turned into a very cool book... For those who joined the Book Club "just" to get something no one else would have, we hear from several collectors each week asking if we'll ever be selling any other editions of Four Ghosts, and the answer will always be the same: nope! This book is only being printed once. No paperbacks, no eBooks. It's turned into a really beautiful production, too, so I hope the general readers like it as well.

We tried to really emphasize that this wouldn't be an "of the month" Club because we knew that was never a schedule we could keep, but you will have all of your selections before the end of this year for sure! Watch for some more email updates in the spring and summer as the other selections work their way through the process at the printer. (All of the other titles you'll be getting are unannounced to the general public at this point!)

Thanks again for joining the Book Club! :)

Best wishes,
Brian Freeman

nyy3723a
03-24-2011, 04:41 AM
(All of the other titles you'll be getting are unannounced to the general public at this point!

Great to know! Thanks, Brian.

Ben Mears
03-24-2011, 05:57 AM

Lettered Editions:

Fall. Groan!

The complete update from the page:

"As our collectors already know, the Lettered Editions are, unfortunately, quite behind schedule. Part of the problem was because we had to cut ties with one of our hand-binders. That process took a while to resolve and then the extra work overwhelmed our other binder. The good news is, ALL of the overdue titles are now completely bound and are just waiting on their traycases. Of course, now our traycase maker is overwhelmed by the flood of titles landing on his desk all at the same time. We are working with our traycase maker, who is just a one man shop, and we're also looking for some alternative traycase makers who can provide the quality product our collectors expect and might be able to help us catch up faster. We hope to make a big dent in the rest of the list this summer and fall. Thank you for your patience."

Catching up on the Lettered Editions has always been part of the plan, and although I know we all would have loved it if we could have done everything all at once, it just wasn't realistic or feasible.

Rich and I spent a lot of time in 2009 putting the pieces in place so that we could make a serious push to wipe the slate clean of "older" books and get everyone what they are owed as soon as possible.

Phase One, which was last year, involved catching up on A LOT of the pre-2010 preorders that had lingered too long for one reason or another. We published 35 books, about 1/2 of which were "older." In fact, we got through most of the older ones where we weren't waiting on something from someone else (books we never should have announced in the first place because they weren't "done" enough -- a mistake we're trying to never make again!)

Phase Two happens this year and includes catching up on as many of the Lettered Editions as possible and almost all of the remaining "older preorders." Considering we now have ALL of the old Lettered Editions bound, which was a huge part of the problem, we are halfway there. Now we just have to solve the traycase logjam, which I'm working on just about every day.

Phase Three will be in 2012, which will see the last couple pre-2010 preorders (ones that still need manuscripts as of right now and won't happen in 2011 at this point) and whatever older Lettered Editions still need finished.

If all goes to plan, at the end of 2012, there will be NO preorders from before 2012 on the list... that includes Lettered Editions.

So it's a process, and it's not as fast as everyone would like -- trust me, I'd be glad to be done with it! -- but this process has been carefully planned to keep goals realistic and achievable so that our collectors get the books they are owed. Everything may not happen exactly as planned, but we're going to keep pushing like we have been for the last 18+ months to see it through...

Hope this helps! :) If there's a particular title you want a more specific update, just let me know! My email address is always in every post.

Best wishes,
Brian Freeman

Might help make amends if CD shipped completed lettered editions now and shipped corresponding traycases as they become available.

Brian James Freeman
03-24-2011, 06:18 AM
Might help make amends if CD shipped completed lettered editions now and shipped corresponding traycases as they become available.

It's something I've thought about. Although I like the idea, because it would get a lot of books out of the warehouse and make the collectors 50% happy, the logistical nightmare this would create is not something we even want to consider. We'd have to fill all of the orders in our system, and then we'd have to recreate each order manually so we could ship the traycase when it arrives... it practically guarantees something would go wrong, orders would be lost in the mess, some people would never get their traycases... And some people would be selling the Lettered Editions without the cases instead of waiting, etc, and we'd be expected to send the traycases to the buyer, etc.

The time involved to fill and then recreate the orders in the system would be incredible, taking people away from production and processing current orders. It's asking for a lot of possible problems to ship the books separately instead of pushing forward with our plan and doing the things we need to do to get caught-up.

Ultimately, I've talked to A LOT of our Lettered Edition collectors and they basically all say the same thing: "It'll be worth the wait." Anyone who is unhappy, of course, we can refund right away. I know that's not as good as having the book you want, but there's a reason we're handling this process the way we are. The goal is to be in a position where there are 'no' older books to catch-up on, and we don't fall behind again because we're making better decisions about what to buy and, more importantly, when to announce it.

The first three Lettered Editions of 2011 will be shipping next week (three Simon Clark books), with more to come with each passing month. I'm writing the Full Dark, No Stars Lettered Edition update right now, in fact, and it's going to make a lot of collectors very happy! (FDNS is being bound and boxed by an entirely different company that only works with special, high-end projects.)

I thank you for the suggestion!

Best wishes,
Brian Freeman

ur2ndbiggestfan
03-24-2011, 01:53 PM
I have a couple of lettered editions ordered from CD (first ones I've ever been able to order before they sold out) and I think the waiting, no matter how long it takes, is half the fun of the purchase. Once you do get the book it's, ok, so now what?

Just kidding (sort of) about the 'so now what' part.

burial
03-25-2011, 06:16 AM
I'm guessing that comic about king;s life is ORBIT STEPHEN KING from BLUEWATER PRODUCTIONS, am I right?

Brian James Freeman
03-25-2011, 06:32 AM
I'm guessing that comic about king;s life is ORBIT STEPHEN KING from BLUEWATER PRODUCTIONS, am I right?

Yep! I've heard good things, so I'm hoping folks will find it to be a fun little oddity!

Best wishes,
Brian Freeman

Brian James Freeman
03-31-2011, 10:25 AM
We're very pleased to report Publishers Weekly has awarded Shivers VI a highly sought-after Starred Review. Very few books receive one of these, so it's a huge deal to the booksellers and distributors -- it really makes the book standout in the marketplace!

What does this mean for our collectors and general readers? Well, we were already down to less than 100 copies left of the second printing, and these copies are flying out the door. We have not yet decided if we're going to do a third printing, and the turn-around time will be about six weeks if we did decide to print more copies, so we recommend you don't wait if you haven't picked up a copy yet.

Here is that terrific review:

"Stephen King tops the list with “The Crate,” a darkly funny monster-on-the rampage tale rarely reprinted since its first publication in 1979. Lisa Tuttle’s “Bits and Pieces” is a deft and disturbing fantasia on the battle of the sexes, and Peter Straub’s novella “A Special Place: The Heart of a Dark Matter” is a grim tale whose stand-alone incarnation was named one of 2010’s best books by PW. The other 18 stories, which include work by Glen Hirshberg, Melanie Tem, Brian Hodge, and David B. Silva, run the gamut from supernatural terror to psychological suspense, and from subtle dark fantasy to violence and gore. The uniformly high quality of writing makes this volume a must for any horror fan."

Here is the link to read more about the book:

http://www.cemeterydance.com/page/CDP/PROD/chizmar15

Best wishes,
Brian Freeman

Bev Vincent
03-31-2011, 10:29 AM
The other 18 stories

That's me -- my pseudonym is "and others." My middle name changes on occasion. Here it's "18"

Brian James Freeman
03-31-2011, 11:39 AM
The other 18 stories

That's me -- my pseudonym is "and others." My middle name changes on occasion. Here it's "18"

HA!

Brian

Ben Mears
03-31-2011, 01:22 PM
We're very pleased to report Publishers Weekly has awarded Shivers VI a highly sought-after Starred Review. Very few books receive one of these, so it's a huge deal to the booksellers and distributors -- it really makes the book standout in the marketplace!

What does this mean for our collectors and general readers? Well, we were already down to less than 100 copies left of the second printing, and these copies are flying out the door. We have not yet decided if we're going to do a third printing, and the turn-around time will be about six weeks if we did decide to print more copies, so we recommend you don't wait if you haven't picked up a copy yet.

Here is that terrific review:

"Stephen King tops the list with “The Crate,” a darkly funny monster-on-the rampage tale rarely reprinted since its first publication in 1979. Lisa Tuttle’s “Bits and Pieces” is a deft and disturbing fantasia on the battle of the sexes, and Peter Straub’s novella “A Special Place: The Heart of a Dark Matter” is a grim tale whose stand-alone incarnation was named one of 2010’s best books by PW. The other 18 stories, which include work by Glen Hirshberg, Melanie Tem, Brian Hodge, and David B. Silva, run the gamut from supernatural terror to psychological suspense, and from subtle dark fantasy to violence and gore. The uniformly high quality of writing makes this volume a must for any horror fan."

Here is the link to read more about the book:

http://www.cemeterydance.com/page/CDP/PROD/chizmar15

Best wishes,
Brian Freeman

The Straub novella is excellent.

Ric
04-04-2011, 02:39 PM
Hi Brian,

What's the status on the Doug Winter book on Clive Barker? Has that gone on sale yet (pre-order?)

Thanks!

Brian James Freeman
04-04-2011, 05:21 PM
Hi Brian,

What's the status on the Doug Winter book on Clive Barker? Has that gone on sale yet (pre-order?)

Thanks!

We actually accepted pre-orders for a long time, but I took the option off the site a few years back when I saw how stalled the project had become. I will have a really solid idea of what's going to happen with this one by the end of summer. Thanks for asking! :)

Best wishes,
Brian Freeman

evilash
04-06-2011, 07:46 AM
Hey guys. Just got an email from CD about Chadbourne remarqued Legacies (numbered, signed limited) for $549. First come first served!

Cutter
04-06-2011, 11:26 AM
Expensive as heck, but that is tempting.

One thing of note, I hope we get the Big Book of Necon sometime soon. I received a trade edition in a grab bag some time ago and it's really a very good looking book. I can't wait till we see the Limited Edition of this one.

Sir_Boomme
04-06-2011, 11:49 AM
Oh BOY!

did I just read my email correctly?

My Blockade Billy LETTERED edition has shipped and is on the way....?

Waaaahoooo!

Brian James Freeman
04-06-2011, 12:46 PM
Expensive as heck, but that is tempting.

One thing of note, I hope we get the Big Book of Necon sometime soon. I received a trade edition in a grab bag some time ago and it's really a very good looking book. I can't wait till we see the Limited Edition of this one.

Not too much longer! Here's the latest production update on the signed editions of The Big Book of Necon:

"We have great news for fans of this anthology and the patient collectors who have been waiting on the signed editions. The last of the signature sheets have found their way back to us, and we'll be sending this title to the printer in the spring. We can't set a firm publication date yet because we'll need the real books for our slipcase and traycase makers due to the high number of signature sheet tip-ins because we want them to get the sizing just right, but we wanted you to know the book was moving forward."

Not being able to use a dummy book for the sizing creates some lag time between the printer finishing their job and the slipcases being ready, but we'll stay on it.

Best wishes,
Brian Freeman

WeDealInLead
04-06-2011, 12:56 PM
Have any customers asked for refunds for that book? I'd like to buy a copy if that were possible.

Brian James Freeman
04-06-2011, 01:06 PM
Have any customers asked for refunds for that book? I'd like to buy a copy if that were possible.

There might be some copies available when all is said and done. Drop me a line at brianfreeman@cemeterydance.com while I check on the status of the waiting list -- whether we started one, etc. Thanks!

Best wishes,
Brian Freeman

frik
04-08-2011, 08:52 PM
Oh BOY!

did I just read my email correctly?

My Blockade Billy LETTERED edition has shipped and is on the way....?

Waaaahoooo!

That's great!
You'll be extremely happy with this edition - it's a gorgeous book.
I thought I went a bit overboard when I ordered it, but I've no regrets whatsoever.

sk

jhanic
04-09-2011, 08:55 AM
Brian Freeman is going to be making a couple appearances in the Cleveland, Ohio area on Thursday, May 5. He'll be at the Parma Heights branch of the Cuyahoga County Library at 2pm and the Bay Village branch at 7pm. I'll be attending the Parma Heights event.

John

Brian James Freeman
04-09-2011, 09:54 AM
Brian Freeman is going to be making a couple appearances in the Cleveland, Ohio area on Thursday, May 5. He'll be at the Parma Heights branch of the Cuyahoga County Library at 2pm and the Bay Village branch at 7pm. I'll be attending the Parma Heights event.

John

That would be the "other" Brian Freeman, of course. http://www.bfreemanbooks.com/

Brian

jhanic
04-09-2011, 10:09 AM
Oh! I didn't know. I don't know if I'll be attending or not, now.

John

Patrick
04-09-2011, 09:18 PM
I'd go see our Brian Freeman, but I don't know that other Brian Freeman so I wouldn't bother. If you ever do a California tour, Brian, let us know!

Merlin1958
04-10-2011, 07:28 PM
I'd go see our Brian Freeman, but I don't know that other Brian Freeman so I wouldn't bother. If you ever do a California tour, Brian, let us know!

Suck up!!!!!! LOL LOL J/K

:P

pixiedark76
04-11-2011, 09:41 AM

:orely::| I am so confused!

pixiedark76
04-11-2011, 09:43 AM

So you are not the one who wrote "Bone House?"

Brian James Freeman
04-11-2011, 10:45 AM

Nope. :) I get emails each month from confused readers, unfortunately. I guess I need to address it on my website, but it's a weird situation. Here's the story:

The other Brian Freeman came along a few years ago. When he went to purchase BrianFreeman.com for his writing, he saw I was already using it for my writing, so he bought his bfreemanbooks.com domain name instead. (He mentioned this to me in an email once.)

Even though I had been using the name Brian Freeman for fiction since 1994, the other Brian Freeman had a big agent and a big publisher and there wasn't much I could do. Either I could keep using the name, too, and cause even more confusion, or I could start using a different name.

So I've started using my middle name on my publications, like The Painted Darkness. (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1587672081?ie=UTF8&tag=052379122979b-20&linkCode=as2&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=1587672081)

Best wishes,
Brian Freeman

pixiedark76
04-13-2011, 01:26 PM

Nope. :) I get emails each month from confused readers, unfortunately. I guess I need to address it on my website, but it's a weird situation. Here's the story:

The other Brian Freeman came along a few years ago. When he went to purchase BrianFreeman.com for his writing, he saw I was already using it for my writing, so he bought his bfreemanbooks.com domain name instead. (He mentioned this to me in an email once.)

Even though I had been using the name Brian Freeman for fiction since 1994, the other Brian Freeman had a big agent and a big publisher and there wasn't much I could do. Either I could keep using the name, too, and cause even more confusion, or I could start using a different name.

So I've started using my middle name on my publications, like The Painted Darkness. (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1587672081?ie=UTF8&tag=052379122979b-20&linkCode=as2&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=1587672081)

Best wishes,
Brian Freeman

this clears everything up. It doesn't seem fair, you were first and he just used the name anyway.

Brice
04-14-2011, 03:03 PM
You should rename your site www.IwasBrianFreemanbeforeyou.com.

Brian James Freeman
04-14-2011, 03:57 PM
this clears everything up. It doesn't seem fair, you were first and he just used the name anyway.

Yeah, it's one of those odd things in this business. If I had been a more commercial author and inked some New York deals first, it could have been mine! ;)

Brian

Brian James Freeman
04-14-2011, 03:58 PM
You should rename your site www.IwasBrianFreemanbeforeyou.com.

HA! I love that URL... :) And considering how many Brian Freemans are out there, it could actually be a really fun site. ;)

Brian

Brice
04-15-2011, 06:02 PM
I agree. :D You should go for it. Declare all the other Brian Freemans of the world imposters.

Maybe you and Brian Freeman should do a book together. :orely:

biomieg
04-21-2011, 12:14 AM
Okay guys, I know CD has done some impressive work lately in terms of releasing delayed books, improved communication (Brian's presence on this forum) etcetera but I am going to have to vent a bit of frustration here. Nothing big in the grand scheme of things but yes, it pissed me off.

I ordered one of the leftover Chadbourne 'King Characters' prints on March 11 and I only got a shipping confirmation last night. That was slightly annoying already. But what REALLY irked me was that minutes later, I got another CD e-mail telling me that "Because so many collectors missed out on Glenn Chadbourne's Stephen King art print the other week (oh, you mean it WASN'T over a month ago?), Glenn has created a brand new Stephen King Characters Signed Limited Edition Art Print -- and to make this item extra collectible, we'll only accept orders for ONE WEEK!"

It would have been nice if someone at CD had told me in advance that it would take a month before the first print would be shipped. And it would have been REALLY nice if it had occurred to someone that, gee, after the delay in shipping the first print maybe we could ask this customer if he'd be interested in the second print as well and have it shipped together with the first one (instead of him having to pay twice the amount of shipping costs and wait ANOTHER month for a shipping notice).

olverts
04-21-2011, 01:16 AM
Was exactly the same for me :(

Pasiuk57
04-21-2011, 03:49 AM
I got my March 11th print three days ago in the mail
They must all be on the way
it arrived in perfect shape as the tube it was in was good material

F1racefan
04-21-2011, 04:58 AM
I got my March 11th print three days ago in the mail
They must all be on the way
it arrived in perfect shape as the tube it was in was good material

I just got mine too.

Brian James Freeman
04-21-2011, 06:22 AM
Hey guys!

Sorry for the delay in shipping some of the orders for the first print. When we sold them, we didn't realize Glenn had only sent back about half of them, so we had to wait for the rest to arrive in his next shipment of paintings, which I thought was coming just about a week after the previous shipment. Totally our fault for not letting you know there would be delay in the shipment, and I take full responsibility for that. With juggling the new website build and all of the book production, I didn't realize it was going to be this long of a wait, so the time just slipped by. (Hence my reference to "the other week" in the write up for the new one. I just didn't realize it had been that long. Sorry.)

These new art prints have to be printed and signed by Glenn after we know how many we've sold (since we're only printing enough to fill the orders), so they won't be shipping for at least a month. We really can't combine orders because of how the order management system works (we have to delete the old order, add the items to the new order, "fake" a payment for the items, and we lose all of the payment records in the process and there's always the risk of missing something and then the customer doesn't get their item at all), but I know the postage costs really add up. If we have a delay like these art prints in the future, and there's the opportunity to offer some kind of combined shipping to save you on postage, I'll definitely do my best to make sure it happens!

Thanks for the feedback, and sorry again for the delay. I hope you like the prints!

Best wishes,
Brian Freeman

biomieg
04-21-2011, 06:29 AM
Thanks, Brian. I just needed to get it off my chest I think. I know you guys do your best but receiving these two e-mails almost simultaneously was very annoying.

Patrick
04-21-2011, 03:57 PM
Hi guys, I've been pretty distracted by offline life. I saw a print on CD's website. Are the two different?

Brian James Freeman
04-21-2011, 05:01 PM
Thanks, Brian. I just needed to get it off my chest I think. I know you guys do your best but receiving these two e-mails almost simultaneously was very annoying.

No worries! I completely understand.

Best wishes,
Brian Freeman

Brian James Freeman
04-21-2011, 05:05 PM
Hi guys, I've been pretty distracted by offline life. I saw a print on CD's website. Are the two different?

Hey Patrick!

Yes, this is a new one that Glenn drew a few years ago as a gift for someone -- I don't think it has been widely seen before:

http://www.cemeterydance.com/Merchant2/graphics/00000001/A_CHADBO03.gif

Here is the previous one that we had sold -- they were left over from a special from many years ago:

http://www.cemeterydance.com/Merchant2/graphics/00000001/X_GLNART15.gif

Best wishes,
Brian Freeman

Patrick
04-21-2011, 06:00 PM
The second one is cool, but I like the first one even better. Wish I'd bought that first one it was available.