Matt
06-18-2007, 10:31 AM
Wow, that is amazing!!

Thanks for putting them all in here Sir :couple:

Sir_Boomme
06-18-2007, 11:56 AM

Patrick
06-18-2007, 12:15 PM
Your collection is always astounding, Terry.

NeedfulKings
06-18-2007, 05:54 PM
I never get tired of looking at your stuff, Terry. And, I know there's SO much more to your collection!!! :) Thanks for sharing.

Cutter
06-19-2007, 11:32 AM
I just want to say thanks. You have one of the bigger collections in the world of King Collecting, and you share your photos with us, where most do not, that have very large King collections. So, I just wanted to say it's nice that you share with those of us, so we can see some of the harder King collectibles. :thumbsup:

btw, I'm drooling over The Green Mile proofs.

Ari_Racing
06-20-2007, 04:41 AM
Outstanding!!!!
Congratulations!!! :)

Randall Flagg
06-20-2007, 07:15 AM
Thanks Terry. You have some really really cool items....and I know we have only scratched the surface.:thumbsup:

Sir_Boomme
06-23-2007, 09:54 PM

Sir_Boomme
06-23-2007, 10:09 PM

Sir_Boomme
06-23-2007, 10:27 PM

Randall Flagg
06-24-2007, 06:35 AM
That is really interesting, I read it twice and might go for three. Thanks for sharing.

Patrick
06-26-2007, 03:08 PM
Wow. That was very interesting. Thanks for sharing that letter, Terry. Now I want to go re-read PET SEMATARY.

Matt
07-03-2007, 07:16 AM
I believe I got all of your photos uploaded Terry. Let me know if I missed any :D

Ben Mears
04-04-2008, 10:53 AM
Thanks for the letters. It's always interesting to see what goes on behind the scenes. Per chance do you have a few more to share?

Justin Case
03-10-2009, 11:18 AM
What an amazing collection.... my God, its beautiful. Once I stop drooling I think I need to go pee, eh, exuse me.. I'm a little too excited after those pictures :drool::drool:

biomieg
08-25-2009, 05:37 AM
I love your collection too, but it seems to me there are several pictures missing. I'm not asking for anything, but you know how us collectors are... we want to see it all!

Patrick
08-27-2009, 03:03 PM
I know I posted a couple months ago, but I just went through this whole thread again, including a reread of that long letter. Simply fantastic!

johnsmith87
08-27-2009, 03:40 PM
That Pet Semetary letter was truly fascinating. What a great item to have!!

Sir_Boomme
08-27-2009, 04:49 PM
I love your collection too, but it seems to me there are several pictures missing. I'm not asking for anything, but you know how us collectors are... we want to see it all!

thanks guys.... i do actually have a lot more to post eventually.... but my time is really limited right now. i work as an engineer for advance micro devices, and they're working me to death right not (i worked 72+ hours last week)- luckily i'm paid hourly.... plus i own/run a mobile dj business and school is starting up.... so the dances take up a lot of my time.
when things slow down, i'll try to post more neat stuff.

biomieg
08-27-2009, 11:46 PM
Hi Terry, I understand. But I meant some of the pictures in your first posts that seem to be missing (not that new stuff isn't welcome, of course ;))

frik
08-28-2009, 05:27 AM
Terry, your collection has left me absolutely speechless!!
Just gorgeous!
I would love to see some individual cover shots....:drool:

sk

Sir_Boomme
08-28-2009, 03:50 PM

Sir_Boomme
08-28-2009, 03:51 PM

Sir_Boomme
08-28-2009, 04:08 PM

jhanic
08-28-2009, 05:03 PM
:thumbsup:

John

Sir_Boomme
08-28-2009, 10:22 PM

Sir_Boomme
08-28-2009, 10:30 PM

Sir_Boomme
08-28-2009, 10:35 PM

Sir_Boomme
08-28-2009, 10:40 PM

Sir_Boomme
08-28-2009, 10:44 PM

Sir_Boomme
08-28-2009, 10:49 PM

Mr. Rabbit Trick
08-29-2009, 12:35 AM
I'm certainly interested. Post away.
Love the new pics Terry. You have a fantastic collection.

jhanic
08-29-2009, 04:15 AM
Acually reading those letters is amazing! I had never realized how conservative Doubleday had been, being one of those "cultists"!

John

Patrick
08-29-2009, 08:00 AM
Wow! I love this stuff. Thanks for posting it, Terry.

Randall Flagg
08-29-2009, 09:47 AM
Fascinating. They had quite lengthy negotiations to get the book published.
Looks like Berni Wrightson received 9k for 12 Illustrations.

herbertwest
08-30-2009, 11:54 AM
Very interesting reading.

and which "the drums" is it? I thought only Carlos was owning em?

Sir_Boomme
08-30-2009, 03:21 PM

Brice
08-30-2009, 03:47 PM
Yes, I believe Bob owns the (only copy???) of the other issue of The Drum....the one with The 43rd Dream.

sentinel
08-30-2009, 05:26 PM
Are you saying that is an 'original' Drum or a copy?
There were only three 'originals' sold by Prudence Grant,
the teacher, that I know of.
There are copies floating around, not sure who made them.

carlosdetweiller
08-30-2009, 05:35 PM
I believe that Prudence Grant found several old issues of The Drum but very few had King appearances in them. I think she found three issues with "Codename: Mousetrap" and one with "The 43rd Dream."

Sir_Boomme
08-30-2009, 06:27 PM

herbertwest
08-31-2009, 01:06 AM
I believe that Prudence Grant found several old issues of The Drum but very few had King appearances in them. I think she found three issues with "Codename: Mousetrap" and one with "The 43rd Dream."

ok so you're the only one that owns "the 43rd dream".
You and Sir_boome own a Codename : Mousetrap. Who would be the last one? Mike? Hutch? Jhanic? RF? ...?

Mr. Rabbit Trick
08-31-2009, 03:16 AM

You and Sir_boome own a Codename : Mousetrap. Who would be the last one? Mike? Hutch? Jhanic? RF? ...?

The name I have is Kerry Johnson.

carlosdetweiller
08-31-2009, 03:46 AM

His eBay name is scaryad. I haven't seen him around for awhile but then eBay disguises the bidders usernames so it isn't as easy to keep track of who's buying what anymore.

Mr. Rabbit Trick
08-31-2009, 05:33 AM
His eBay name is scaryad. I haven't seen him around for awhile but then eBay disguises the bidders usernames so it isn't as easy to keep track of who's buying what anymore.

He is still buying. I've seen a few bids from him recently.

Nerak
08-31-2009, 09:32 AM

His eBay name is scaryad. I haven't seen him around for awhile but then eBay disguises the bidders usernames so it isn't as easy to keep track of who's buying what anymore.[/QUOTE]

I know Kerry. Good friend of our very own Explorer.

Mr. Rabbit Trick
08-31-2009, 10:13 AM
Mods, can we move these post from Terry's collection page? We seem to have hijacked it.

sentinel
08-31-2009, 12:42 PM
Nothing secretive, I'm right here, and yes I have a Drum with Code Name Mousetrap. I was pretty sure there wasn't six. Bob's the only other person I knew that had originals. But, I have run across someone
selling a copy recently and I have wondered where they got it.

Sir_Boomme
08-31-2009, 02:41 PM
Nothing secretive, I'm right here, and yes I have a Drum with Code Name Mousetrap. I was pretty sure there wasn't six. Bob's the only other person I knew that had originals. But, I have run across someone
selling a copy recently and I have wondered where they got it.

so you have one, bob has one, and i have one... that makes three.... the person you ran across selling one.... was it an original also?

if we are the only three that have them... i assume none of the three of us has photocopied ours and then distributed it.... is some one out there making copies? can't imagine chris cavalier having done it before i bought his from betts.

sentinel
08-31-2009, 05:26 PM
That's exactly what I was wondering. I'm glad you have an
original, now we know where they are. They are all in good hands!

sentinel
08-31-2009, 05:37 PM
Sorry, Sir, I didn't answer your question, no it was definitely a copy, they
offered a disk of scanned King items, all of which I had,but the list included The Drum which made me curious and when I started asking some questions, they never responded.

Sir_Boomme
08-31-2009, 06:47 PM
offered a disk of scanned King items, all of which I had,but the list included The Drum which made me curious and when I started asking some questions, they never responded.
hmmm... but how did they get a copy if we have the only three?

bob... you selling bootlegs yet again? shame on you. so that's how you afford so darn many king items... and here i thought you had an oil well in your backyard.

EddyRawlea
08-31-2009, 06:58 PM
Sir Boome you have amazed all with the King collection as is no surprise.
But I am very amazed by the Nagel original piece :drool:

Would you tell me how when where you got your hands on this?

Best Ed

Ari_Racing
08-31-2009, 07:01 PM
I was going to add that someone scanned stuff, because years ago I got a copy of that cd and that's how I managed to read it.

carlosdetweiller
09-01-2009, 04:34 AM

bob... you selling bootlegs yet again? shame on you. so that's how you afford so darn many king items... and here i thought you had an oil well in your backyard.

Someone made a copy of "Codename: Mousetrap" for Rocky Wood because he has a review in his book STEPHEN KING: UNCOLLECTED AND UNPUBLISHED. I'm sure he made a copy and sent it to King's office for verification. Who knows what happened after that.

Regarding "The 43rd Dream" I sent a copy to Rocky because he asked and wanted to "verify" the story with King's office. Tyson Blue asked (via Rocky) for a copy and I told Rocky that would be OK if he wouldn't further disseminate it. I was surprised to find copies of "The 43rd Dream" circulating among collectors a couple of years ago. After some questioning of the parties involved I now suspect the leak was Tyson Blue but I have no proof. It could have been someone in King's office.

I have learned one thing from this....you really can't trust anyone except yourself. Once the first copy is made you have let the cat out of the bag.

Sir_Boomme
09-01-2009, 06:16 AM

Someone made a copy of "Codename: Mousetrap" for Rocky Wood because he has a review in his book STEPHEN KING: UNCOLLECTED AND UNPUBLISHED. I'm sure he made a copy and sent it to King's office for verification. Who knows what happened after that.

Regarding "The 43rd Dream" I sent a copy to Rocky because he asked and wanted to "verify" the story with King's office. Tyson Blue asked (via Rocky) for a copy and I told Rocky that would be OK if he wouldn't further disseminate it. I was surprised to find copies of "The 43rd Dream" circulating among collectors a couple of years ago. After some questioning of the parties involved I now suspect the leak was Tyson Blue but I have no proof. It could have been someone in King's office.

I have learned one thing from this....you really can't trust anyone except yourself. Once the first copy is made you have let the cat out of the bag.

so...was the entire newsletter of mousetrap copied/sent... part of it, or just king's story?

the Nagel i bought back in 1999 from a guy in california... he got it from the Mirage gallery the gallery that handled all Nagel's paintings back in the 80's. i had an appraisel/verification done before i bought it.... at that time it was appraised at 17 grand... not sure if it's gone down or up since...but i bought it because i've always enjoyed his work....and like my books, i don't plan to sale it during my lifetime, so the value isn't that big an issue with me. (now my hiers may have a differing opinion.)

carlosdetweiller
09-01-2009, 07:31 AM
so...was the entire newsletter of mousetrap copied/sent... part of it, or just king's story?

I didn't send the copy of "Codename: Mousetrap" to Rocky so I don't know if they copied the whole issue or not.

I did not copy the entire issue that had "The 43rd Dream" for Rocky, just the two pages with the story/poem.

Mr. Rabbit Trick
09-01-2009, 09:27 AM
The Drum copies I have are only the King Stories.

Patrick
09-02-2009, 04:08 PM
Interesting discussion, guys.

Mods, can we move these post from Terry's collection page? We seem to have hijacked it.
Yes, one of us will do just that.

Sir_Boomme
09-15-2009, 10:45 AM

jhanic
09-15-2009, 10:55 AM
:thumbsup:

John

Room 217 Caretaker
09-15-2009, 11:13 AM
I like Al Sarrantonio

His short stories are great and his Orangefield series is a fun read.

Mulleins
Cumberland VA

Sir_Boomme
05-19-2010, 07:30 PM

Sir_Boomme
05-19-2010, 07:42 PM

Sir_Boomme
05-19-2010, 07:48 PM

Sir_Boomme
05-19-2010, 07:56 PM

Sir_Boomme
05-19-2010, 08:03 PM

Sir_Boomme
05-19-2010, 08:13 PM

Sir_Boomme
05-19-2010, 08:26 PM
and I didn't take any new detail pics of the UK 1st edition case... not much has changed except for the past few released books added.... since i completed the UK a few years ago... just adding the new releases as they come out.

biomieg
05-19-2010, 08:42 PM
Sweet!!! Your collection is one of the best out there. Can't get enough of it :)

Tito_Villa
05-20-2010, 12:45 AM
Thats crazily good, thanks for sharing as i really enjoyed looking at the pics!

jhanic
05-20-2010, 03:32 AM
Very, veery nice, Terry!

John

Ari_Racing
05-20-2010, 05:41 AM
AWESOME COLLECTION!!!

Brice
05-20-2010, 06:05 AM
Amazing, Terry!

ELazansky
05-20-2010, 10:11 AM
Truly amazing collection - I was curious why you have so many multiple copies of some books (like all of your Under the Dome's and what looks like 4 copies of Postscripts 10). Any particular reason for having so many?

biomieg
05-20-2010, 10:28 AM
http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj13/sir_boomme/cases-2010/_D1-proofs_top_domes.jpg

http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj13/sir_boomme/cases-2010/_D2-proofs_bot.jpg

... I have a bit of time on my hands, so please bear with me... just having a bit of geeky collector fun here ;) Okay, we all know I'm trying to assemble a nice proof collection too, so I always enjoy seeing good stuff like this. Now, I've been studying these pics and I can identify most of the proofs but not all... any help would be appreciated, just to satisfy my curiosity! I'm going to give it a try!

UTD UK proof, UTD US hardcover ARC, ???, 2x Dead Zone (yellow Viking and blue Plume), Cujo, Different Seasons, 2x Christine, Pet Sematary 1st state, Thinner, Skeleton Crew?? (seems to light yellow for The Talisman, also slightly too thin), The Eyes of the Dragon, IT, Misery (US and UK), ???, The Dark Half (US and UK), Stand Uncut full proof, Four Past Midnight, Nightmares & Dreamscapes, 3x Gerald's Game (US, ABA ed., UK), Dolores Claiborne (US and UK), another Nightmares & Dreamscapes (US) and 2x Nightmares & Dreamscapes (UK), Insomnia (US and UK), Rose Madder, yet another Nightmares & Dreamscapes?, The Regulators, Bag of Bones (US and UK), Hearts in Atlantis (US and UK), On Writing, Dreamcatcher (US and UK), Black House (US and UK), From A Buick 8 (US and UK), 2x Everything's Eventual, 3x Lisey's Story (US and UK), 2x Blaze, Duma Key (US and UK), Just After Sunset???, 6x Green Mile + Green Mile manuscript, Colorado Kid. Then a bunch of King-related stuff, then the DT proofs.

S, what about the question marks? :P

Sir_Boomme
05-20-2010, 12:01 PM

Sir_Boomme
05-20-2010, 12:14 PM
Truly amazing collection - I was curious why you have so many multiple copies of some books (like all of your Under the Dome's and what looks like 4 copies of Postscripts 10). Any particular reason for having so many?

no particular reason except when i can buy something from the publisher at published price... and it's something i feel might increase in value in a few years... i buy several. (the joe hill firsts/limiteds are an example of this).
under the dome - i bought several of the dark lettered versions because they seemed to be scarce in some regions (but i found a bunch here in austin)

also... for all new king releases, i always buy 1 HB to read and one to keep unread for the collection.

then for some things.... like the dark forces limiteds.... i have the #'d limited, lettered limited, and a PC copy.

biomieg
05-20-2010, 12:40 PM
Hmmm... not bad indeed (although, did I really say Plume Dead Zone? That was dumb ;)) I missed the Stand Uncut partial proof because of its flimsiness (even though I have it myself). Also, Needful things I should have known.

Thanks for playing along though :)

You have a great proof collection and there's a lot of stuff in there that I don't have (and won't, anytime soon). But I'm very happy to say that I have some real goodies coming... soon...

ELazansky
05-20-2010, 01:16 PM

no particular reason except when i can buy something from the publisher at published price... and it's something i feel might increase in value in a few years... i buy several. (the joe hill firsts/limiteds are an example of this).
under the dome - i bought several of the dark lettered versions because they seemed to be scarce in some regions (but i found a bunch here in austin)

also... for all new king releases, i always buy 1 HB to read and one to keep unread for the collection.

then for some things.... like the dark forces limiteds.... i have the #'d limited, lettered limited, and a PC copy.

I can totally understand that. I used to do that in my baseball card collecting days. Buy 20 copies of a rookie card hoping they would turn into a Hall of Famer one day...

Seeing those three copies of the slipcased 20th Century Ghosts, knowing what you probably paid, and knowing what I will eventually have to pay...*sigh*

frik
05-30-2010, 07:09 AM
Very,very nice, Terry! :drool:

sk

Sir_Boomme
05-30-2010, 08:52 AM

DanishCollector
05-30-2010, 01:26 PM
I especially envy you having the Rose Red script:)

Cook
12-31-2011, 10:39 AM
Sir_Boomme
I think this is the 1st time I've looked through you collection.
I must admit I'm pretty envious, I've such a long way to go.
Thanks for sharing. (I noticed you've not shared any pics for awhile?)
Again, Thanks

ur2ndbiggestfan
12-31-2011, 02:16 PM
Just got pulled into here because it was a new post and I must say I am very impressed by your marvelous collection.

Sir_Boomme
01-25-2013, 04:09 PM
hmmm.... it's been forever since I even looked in this thread.... seems a huge portion of my photos are no longer showing up... might have to fix some of that.

Sir_Boomme
01-25-2013, 04:13 PM
I actually dropped into here because I was thinking about taking some new pics this weekend of some more of the Doubleday collection... but it looks like 90% of the old picture links of the collection are broken.

Not sure what happened there... but I'll see about getting some of those reposted... and some new stuff up.

definitely time for an update... while I no longer have the lettered skeleton crew and lettered salem's lot... but have a bunch of new stuff since I last updated.

Sir_Boomme
02-21-2013, 11:55 PM
THIS is the start of the new updates...
It's been a long time since I've updated... and of course things have changed...
so going to be posting new and old stuff to show the current condition of my collection.

BTW... deleted all the out of date photos and broken links... starting out new.

Sir_Boomme
02-22-2013, 12:17 AM
ok... so the BIG FONT disclaimer is out of the way... on to some pics.

I started taking new pictures of the Double Day collection... and after about a 100 pictures, I had made it through two small folders out of 5 large boxes... and realized this will take so time... but will do my best to try to post something new each day.
For those of you that don't know what the Doubleday collection is.... it is a large section of the publisher files from King's first publisher... Double Day. I bought them a few years ago from Stu at Bett's (it was on consignment from a super-collector). It has lots of really neat stuff, in house memos, letters to and from King, contract copies, etc.
It gives insights into the publishing side of a fairly new author named Stephen King.

I'll start with a neat memo/letter... that is new to me.... it's seems everytime I go through this stuff, I discover something I've not seen before.

So... I know we have King fans here.... any fans of the 80's hard rock group "Anthrax"?

they had a little album that went gold.... their "big break-through" album called "Among the Living". Did you realize Stephen King's Novel "The Stand" inspired this album? I never made the connection until tonight.

check out this publisher memo and the letter from Anthrax's attorney (I find it ironic that Anthrax hired an attorney named "Mr. Toorock")

in house memo from DD editor Jim Moser:
http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj13/sir_boomme/Doubleday%202/kinganthraxp1wm_zps61deec50.jpg

2 page letter from Anthrax attorney Toorock to Doubleday...
http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj13/sir_boomme/Doubleday%202/kinganthraxp2wm_zps3323ba85.jpg

page 2...
http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj13/sir_boomme/Doubleday%202/kinganthraxp3wm_zps4ccf4873.jpg

Cook
02-22-2013, 04:53 AM
Very impressive Sir Boomme, never heard this story before.
Looking forward to more.

jhanic
02-22-2013, 05:18 AM
Fascinating!

John

bdwyer19
02-22-2013, 08:01 AM
It's been ages since I heard that song. Very cool to see all the correspondence. For what it's worth, I did a quick search, and another song from that album, 'A Skeleton in the Closet', is based on Apt Pupil.

Can't wait to see what else you've got!

Ben Staad
02-22-2013, 10:17 AM
Very interesting. I love it.

Sir_Boomme
02-22-2013, 10:55 AM
so... here is something... not sure what.... possibly a preliminary for pet sematary book cover? some kind of hand bill?? magazine advertisment?
Not sure, if any of you recognize the exact image, let me know... I did a search and couldn't find where or if this image was used.
I've included the picture of a first edition hardback cover for comparison... it's close, but not a match.

a printed picture and the negative it was printed from.

http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj13/sir_boomme/Doubleday%202/IMG_4600_zpsa8092f51.jpg
and a first edition cover...
http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj13/sir_boomme/Doubleday%202/1978_zps1dc13517.jpg

Coulrophobia
02-22-2013, 11:05 AM
Very nice I always liked the printing process collectibles. Maybe that was used for advertising or one of the test runs for deciding the cover?

Sir_Boomme
02-22-2013, 11:18 AM
I don't think it's a proof cover... but take a look at this corrospondance draft...
page 1
http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj13/sir_boomme/Doubleday%202/IMG_4630_zpsd7b1bdb0.jpg

page 2
http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj13/sir_boomme/Doubleday%202/IMG_4631_zps83af41c8.jpg

and then on page 3 - check out the book cover in the ad... it's the same as the negative depicts above....

http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj13/sir_boomme/Doubleday%202/IMG_4632_zps3e7592b9.jpg

Proof King JOHN ... note according to this corrospondance draft, there were 500 ARCs of pet sematary.

jhanic
02-22-2013, 11:20 AM
Interesting. I wonder if that means there were 500 copies of the first state (typewritten manuscript) proof done.

John

Sir_Boomme
02-22-2013, 11:38 AM
oh... just found the finished ad from the above... again, look at the "P" that is located directly over the "S" - matches the negative/ photo I have...

so, what do you think... a Preliminary book cover version that ended up not being used? That'd be cool.

http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj13/sir_boomme/Doubleday%202/IMG_4634wm_zpsce165016.jpg

jhanic
02-22-2013, 11:41 AM
I think so. Very neat!

John

Sir_Boomme
02-22-2013, 11:41 AM
Interesting. I wonder if that means there were 500 copies of the first state (typewritten manuscript) proof done.

John

not sure... but I'll keep digging and see if there's any memos or order paperwork that helps clarify... there's a LOT more stuff on this title...

here's another place the image was used... It's a bookstore order form:
http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj13/sir_boomme/Doubleday%202/IMG_4698_zps8f110fd0.jpg

http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj13/sir_boomme/Doubleday%202/IMG_4699_zps8a8e1a94.jpg

The Library Policeman
02-22-2013, 02:31 PM
Great stuff Terry. Very interesting. :)

Sir_Boomme
02-22-2013, 06:07 PM
I posted some of these before... but here's some connective info.

corrospondance letter from King photographer Jerry Bauer to Doubleday:
http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj13/sir_boomme/Doubleday%202/fromBauer-photoletterwm_zps03861203.jpg

reply letter from Doubleday to Bauer acknowledging the receipt of photos:
http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj13/sir_boomme/Doubleday%202/toBauer-photoletterinitialwm_zps028c54a3.jpg

corrospondance from Doubleday to Bauer stating they will be using one of the pics... and that he will get paid

http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj13/sir_boomme/Doubleday%202/toBauer-photoletterwm_zpsd1c2909e.jpg

the publicity shots mentioned in the above memo/letters

http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj13/sir_boomme/Doubleday%202/kingphotos001_zpsd7ff6e4c.jpg

to the left is the publicity shot that was used

http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj13/sir_boomme/Doubleday%202/IMG_4555_zpsc74c47bf.jpg

I have the original negatives:
http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj13/sir_boomme/Doubleday%202/IMG_4607_zps49f2f0d9.jpg

and here is at least one place that this shot was used for....
http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj13/sir_boomme/Doubleday%202/IMG_4694_zps827dabf6.jpg

note... somewhere else I have the actual pay invoice to Bauer for these photos.

Sir_Boomme
02-22-2013, 06:12 PM
so... proof KingMiester John... and you other proof lovers...

how many of you have this Publisher letter that goes with the Pet Sematary proof?

http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj13/sir_boomme/Doubleday%202/galleyletter_zps5590dfba.jpg

I have .... a few......
http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj13/sir_boomme/Doubleday%202/galleyletters_zps188a486a.jpg

jhanic
02-22-2013, 06:16 PM
I don't have one. That's the first one I've seen.

John

needfulthings
02-22-2013, 07:07 PM
The covers on the uncorrected galley proofs are the same. The spines are different.
http://imageshack.us/a/img109/4779/img898.jpghttp://imageshack.us/a/img811/2533/img899.jpg
The story I heard was most of the 1st proofs were distroyed because they were not legible. In fact when I had mine signed KING commented on how legible it was.
http://imageshack.us/a/img19/584/dscn7098.jpg

no letter just a postcard. in 2nd state.
http://imageshack.us/a/img14/6554/img900v.jpghttp://imageshack.us/a/img545/7097/img901.jpg

Sir_Boomme
02-22-2013, 07:19 PM
Yep... I got both those...
so the question is...
which one does the publisher letter dated august 1st, 1983 go with? or does it go with both?

Sir_Boomme
02-22-2013, 07:25 PM
BTW John... according to the documentation above... there were 500 copies of the ARC.... you "might" want to note that on the pet sematary proof info. page.

Coulrophobia
02-22-2013, 07:53 PM
It could be a "Preliminary book cover version that ended up not being used" or based on a original "Study" before finishing the final art piece. Or it could of maybe been a Font Study piece. No matter what the whole package is simple amazing.

needfulthings
02-22-2013, 08:33 PM
NOTE The print ad states 300,000 print run & both states of the proof say 250,000+ also the 1st state proof does not include SCREENPLAY CREEPSHOW (1982) on the ALSO BY STEPHEN KING PAGE.

Sir_Boomme
02-22-2013, 10:00 PM
john... if/while you are updating the proof page for pet sematary... hop over to the proof page for the shining.
it currently lists:

Publisher: Doubleday (USA).
Year of publication: 1977.
State: uncorrected proof (blue wrappers).
Print run: unknown. Probably less than 50, most of which were probably discarded after their intended use. Extremely scarce!

it is less than 50... actually.. it is 28 copies.... here is the order form for doubleday...
27 bound copies and 1 unbound... 24 of which went out to reviewers... 4 which stayed in house...

http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj13/sir_boomme/Doubleday%202/theshiningprooforderp1wm-Copy_zps95f9601e.jpg

and if you really really want a copy... you might want to track one down from one of these recipients... though that may be a little far fetched considering the time lapse.

http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj13/sir_boomme/Doubleday%202/theshiningprooforderp2wm-Copy_zps80a85948.jpg

http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj13/sir_boomme/Doubleday%202/theshiningprooforderp3wm_zpsdeaa2ec1.jpg

Sir_Boomme
02-22-2013, 10:12 PM
if I run across a second order... I'll let you know... but nothing so far.

Coulrophobia
02-22-2013, 10:17 PM
Those documents are really fascinating pieces of history.

Sir_Boomme
02-22-2013, 10:29 PM
this is kind of off the wall but a fun memo from editor bill thompson.....
mentions Owen King's just being born (born on feb 21,1977)
http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj13/sir_boomme/Doubleday%202/owenkingmemo_zps1eb45714.jpg

Sir_Boomme
02-22-2013, 10:51 PM
ok... so lots of weird stuff in these files... here is one that I hope is going to be fun....
http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj13/sir_boomme/Doubleday%202/lisafanletteredited_zpse77cf976.jpg

obviously I've blurred out the name and exact address... but....

I did a search on this person and found her mother's obituary... which lead me to her married name... with a quick search, I found her on facebook.

I've sent her the following email...

Hi Lisa.
You don't know me... but I have a strange question for you. Did you write doubleday publishers on may 14th, 1977 inquiring about stephen king and his book carrie? for a report you were doing for school? If so... write me back... I have that original letter and would love to hear the story behind it. - Terry Newsom

this could be fun....

i have the original envelope too... 13 cents to mail a first class letter. :)

needfulthings
02-22-2013, 11:18 PM
john... if/while you are updating the proof page for pet sematary... hop over to the proof page for the shining.
it currently lists:

Publisher: Doubleday (USA).
Year of publication: 1977.
State: uncorrected proof (blue wrappers).
Print run: unknown. Probably less than 50, most of which were probably discarded after their intended use. Extremely scarce!

it is less than 50... actually.. it is 28 copies.... here is the order form for doubleday...
27 bound copies and 1 unbound... 24 of which went out to reviewers... 4 which stayed in house...

http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj13/sir_boomme/Doubleday%202/theshiningprooforderp1wm-Copy_zps95f9601e.jpg

and if you really really want a copy... you might want to track one down from one of these recipients... though that may be a little far fetched considering the time lapse.

http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj13/sir_boomme/Doubleday%202/theshiningprooforderp2wm-Copy_zps80a85948.jpg

http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj13/sir_boomme/Doubleday%202/theshiningprooforderp3wm_zpsdeaa2ec1.jpg

I ASSUME THIS IS ONE OF THE 27?
http://imageshack.us/a/img255/3259/img902.jpg

http://imageshack.us/a/img266/8473/img903t.jpg

Sir_Boomme
02-22-2013, 11:31 PM
looks like one of the bound copies to me... I don't have this one... but I think bob/carlosd... does.

Sir_Boomme
02-23-2013, 12:06 AM
anybody know michael autry... the name rings a bell... but can't place it... I have a letter from him to doubleday.

jhanic
02-23-2013, 04:35 AM
I'm not the one who does the Proofs, Manuscripts thread. I'd agree that 28 copies of the first state seems accurate, though. I wonder whatever happened to that unbound copy.

John

jhanic
02-23-2013, 04:39 AM
anybody know michael autry... the name rings a bell... but can't place it... I have a letter from him to doubleday.

He's a dealer who has decided to rip people off in many of his dealings. I had to dispute one of my purchases from him (a LONG time ago) with my credit card company. I don't know if he's still around or not.

John

biomieg
02-23-2013, 05:32 AM
Terry, John is the one maintaining the proof list in the SK Proofs Thread, I'm the one maintaining the Proofs & Manuscripts Catalog. I will edit the entries in the Catalog with your new information, but would you mind adding the relevant pics yourself? You can do so under the comments tab of the appropriate article in the Catalog. Thanks, this is wonderful info!

Sir_Boomme
02-23-2013, 10:55 AM

He's a dealer who has decided to rip people off in many of his dealings. I had to dispute one of my purchases from him (a LONG time ago) with my credit card company. I don't know if he's still around or not.

John

ah yes... now I remember... I knew it sounded familiar. I never dealt with him personally... but I do remember now that a lot of people had issues with him.... which is WHY I never dealt with him.

From the tone of his letter to Doubleday.... he sure was full of himself.

Sir_Boomme
02-23-2013, 10:59 AM
Terry, John is the one maintaining the proof list in the SK Proofs Thread, I'm the one maintaining the Proofs & Manuscripts Catalog. I will edit the entries in the Catalog with your new information, but would you mind adding the relevant pics yourself? You can do so under the comments tab of the appropriate article in the Catalog. Thanks, this is wonderful info!

thanks Bio...

I could link the pictures... but it's probably better to add them to a site gallery right?... just in case my photobucket majically disappears someday (probably for having nakedness in in).

biomieg
02-23-2013, 11:04 AM
That's probably a good idea. Thank you!!!

Sir_Boomme
02-23-2013, 11:59 AM
That's probably a good idea. Thank you!!!

btw... in case you didn't catch it yet... I also added new info in the first edition's thread under the Misery, Tommyknockers and Dark Half discussions regarding print runs and release dates.
The posted data sheet is from the Doubleday files and apparently doubleday verified the numbers/dates with the other publishers.
(I already posted this scan in those thread discussions)

http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj13/sir_boomme/otherbookrunswm_zpsa63552f9.jpg

Randall Flagg
02-23-2013, 01:43 PM

I did a search on this person and found her mother's obituary... which lead me to her married name... with a quick search, I found her on facebook.

I've sent her the following email...

Hi Lisa.
You don't know me... but I have a strange question for you. Did you write doubleday publishers on may 14th, 1977 inquiring about stephen king and his book carrie? for a report you were doing for school? If so... write me back... I have that original letter and would love to hear the story behind it. - Terry Newsom

this could be fun....

i have the original envelope too... 13 cents to mail a first class letter. :)
Terry...always trying to get laid. Fascinating stuff.

Sir_Boomme
02-27-2013, 09:30 AM
HATE HATE HATE!!! the new photobucket!!!
can't even log in now
doesn't recognize my login name!!!

what a FUBAR piece of shit the new format is
very Ironic it defaults to satisfaction.com now...

Coulrophobia
02-27-2013, 09:38 AM
This is what I get when I try to log on right now.

We'll be back shortly.
We're currently performing a routine site maintenance. Don't worry, your account, albums, photos and videos are safe and secure.
For an update on the maintenance status, please visit the Support homepage.
Thank you for your patience!

Sir_Boomme
02-27-2013, 10:24 AM
yeah... I've been getting that for a couple of days now...

jhanic
02-27-2013, 11:17 AM
I've not had that problem. I get on with no problems and have for a while now.

I still hate the new site, however. It's so cumbersome to use it's virtually worthless.

John

Ben Staad
02-27-2013, 11:35 AM
I just checked it out and was able to log in with no issue. BTW I also hate the new format.

Merlin1958
02-27-2013, 05:39 PM
I have visited this thread many times and have just now realized that I have never posted in it!!!!

Marvelous collection, Terry!!!!

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Ben Eads
11-27-2013, 12:49 PM
Awesome! Can't wait to see the new pics!

Sir_Boomme
03-20-2015, 09:13 PM
yeah... I know it's been a while.... so I was posting some pics on FB... thought I'd add them here too. Problem is it got the collecting bug stirred up and ended up spending to many bucks on Ebay today, haven't doe that in a while.

anyway... first my Pennywise collection.... first editions of Robert McGammon and Dean Koontz... all inscribed to your's and my favorite clown.

https://farm9.staticflickr.com/8728/16691489318_aef2445438_c.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/rqYffA)

Sir_Boomme
03-20-2015, 09:16 PM
top shelf are all signed/inscribed first editions of McGammons
lower shelf is limited #'d editions

https://farm9.staticflickr.com/8751/16692976899_35b91f635b_c.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/rr6Ssx)

Sir_Boomme
03-20-2015, 09:20 PM
upper shelf are #'d editions of McGammons

lower shelf are Lettered editions of McGammon
(some Joe Hill signed copies in the background

https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7655/16877931752_1504a9cc1a_c.jpg

Sir_Boomme
03-20-2015, 09:22 PM
Here's the Lettered edition fronts displayed
(bunch of Dean Koontz 1st editions in the background)

https://farm9.staticflickr.com/8750/16256738174_d7272e1b30_c.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/qLy2Td)

Sir_Boomme
03-20-2015, 09:28 PM
so... this is what posting pics does to me.... ended up buying this:

a nice signed 1st edition

https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7283/16691817480_38dd626936_c.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/rqZVNy)

https://farm9.staticflickr.com/8697/16853336486_52cc101fa8_c.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/rFgKM1)

Sir_Boomme
03-20-2015, 09:30 PM
and this....

another lettered edition to add to the collection of Letter'ds

https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7595/16691817600_7af29112f8_c.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/rqZVQC)

https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7614/16256850944_501ab56bc2_c.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/qLyBpw)

Sir_Boomme
03-20-2015, 09:32 PM
which is why I shouldn't post pictures very often
I hate that damned bug

BTW... I waiting for the trade edition, #'s edition, and lettered copies of Subterranean's McGammon's Blue World and The Border

Ben Staad
03-21-2015, 05:06 AM
Excellent!

zelig
03-21-2015, 06:51 AM
Very nice. I've never seen most of those limited editions. I remember that Blue World editon when it was released. Congratulations and good to see some new posts in your collection.

goheat
03-21-2015, 07:43 AM
Beautiful, congratulations! I love the McCammon I've read.

Merlin1958
03-21-2015, 12:39 PM
My one and only regret from my, Austin visit is not getting to see your collection, Terry!!! Now you are officially on my "Bucket List"!!! Great stuff!!

Theli
03-22-2015, 02:53 PM
Love the dedications to IT, very cool. Also a little jealous of your copy of They Thirst.

Sir_Boomme
03-31-2015, 09:06 PM
my McCammon booty from the past two days... now anxiously awaiting the lettered, numbered and signed first editions of the Borders.

Blue Moon - signed/inscribed first edition HB
They Thirst - limited Lettered edition
Bethany's Sin -limited numbered edition

https://farm9.staticflickr.com/8727/16808851278_c294b8eebe_c.jpg

Sir_Boomme
03-31-2015, 09:19 PM
btw... in case you're wondering, the painting behind the books is the limited edition cover art by Caniglia for the Tom Piccirilli book Hexes

https://farm9.staticflickr.com/8699/16789313827_acc6f4598a_o.jpg

goheat
04-01-2015, 05:25 AM
Nice McCammon books, Sir! I am a big fan of his writing, and am waiting for my signed first of The Border myself. Also love that creepy artwork, congratulations!

Sir_Boomme
04-02-2015, 09:47 PM
don't think I've ever posted this one anywhere before.... still waiting for this one to come out (and you just thought CD's Legends limited took a long time)

just imagine for a moment... a signed Limited Edition slipcased Pet Semetary.... 725 numbered for only $75.00 a piece...
and 26 lettered editions in a hand carved velvet lined coffin cases ...only 15 available to the public - for only $150.00 each.

and just imagine a publisher that actually thinks that 750 is the max amount one could go and still maintain integrity

wow... how times have changed

https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7591/17016727365_cb28de5cf6_o.jpg

https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7648/17015847681_fa46506874_o.jpg

needfulthings
04-02-2015, 11:38 PM
1/300 #33 S/L 1993.
http://imageshack.com/a/img661/4275/xF2tR2.jpghttp://imageshack.com/a/img537/2627/SMnWwc.jpg
I am under the impression that not all 300 copies came in the coffin box.

herbertwest
04-03-2015, 12:16 AM
@Sir_Boomme : very interesting documents. Thanks for sharing it !

jhanic
04-03-2015, 06:03 AM
don't think I've ever posted this one anywhere before.... still waiting for this one to come out (and you just thought CD's Legends limited took a long time)

just imagine for a moment... a signed Limited Edition slipcased Pet Semetary.... 725 numbered for only $75.00 a piece...
and 26 lettered editions in a hand carved velvet lined coffin cases ...only 15 available to the public - for only $150.00 each.

and just imagine a publisher that actually thinks that 750 is the max amount one could go and still maintain integrity

wow... how times have changed

https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7591/17016727365_cb28de5cf6_o.jpg

https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7648/17015847681_fa46506874_o.jpg

Fascinating! I wonder what happened. I know this was one book that King was hesitant to publish. Perhaps that was why the project was abandoned.

John

zelig
04-03-2015, 08:57 AM
@Sir_Boomme : very interesting documents. Thanks for sharing it !

Yes, very interesting. I never knew about this potential S/L. And those proposed prices... If only that's all it took to buy a signed limited today!

jhanic
04-03-2015, 09:02 AM
The original price of the Cujo s/l was $75. I got mine for $60 because the seller had "over-ordered" and had too many. I could have gotten a couple more at that price, too, but didn't. I really regret that decision now.

John

zelig
04-03-2015, 09:09 AM
The original price of the Cujo s/l was $75. I got mine for $60 because the seller had "over-ordered" and had too many. I could have gotten a couple more at that price, too, but didn't. I really regret that decision now.

John

Yeah, those were the days... I have some old catalogs from the late 80s/early 90s, and it's always fascinating to look at the prices back then.

biomieg
04-03-2015, 10:31 AM
I'm glad you're posting here again, Terry. Yours has always been one of my favorite collections and I'm glad you did not continue selling your books.

Stockerlone
04-03-2015, 10:54 AM
Very interesting.....

jonp
04-03-2015, 11:13 AM
Wow, what an interesting bit of Stephen King history. I had never heard of these plans before. Thanks for sharing Terry.

goheat
04-03-2015, 11:14 AM
Yes, thanks for the fascinating stuff, Terry! What could have been...

Sir_Boomme
04-03-2015, 11:39 AM
thanks guys.... and yeah biomeg... I really miss the 4 items I sold from my collection... they were all high ticket items that I'll probably never have the chance to get back :(

anyway... been a while since I posted pics of my proofs... been a few additions since then - sorry if you guys have already seen these pics on the SKC Facebook page... but for those that haven't seen them yet...

https://farm9.staticflickr.com/8750/17019692481_8a82c456f8_b.jpg

https://farm9.staticflickr.com/8752/17020564115_e5d3df30b0_b.jpg

In these two pics you'll see these items..from left to right:

Under The Dome H&S publishing: signed limited edition
Under The Dome U.S. proof
Dolan's Cadillac U.S. proof
Carrie U.S. ARC (advance reader's copy)
Danse Macabre U.S. proof
FireStarter U.S. proof
Dead Zone U.S. paperback proof -signed
Cujo U.S. proof version 1
Cujo U.S. proof version 2 - signed
Cujo U.S. proof version 2 #2
Different Season U.S. proof
Christine U.S. proof
Christine U.S. proof -signed
Pet Semetary U.S. proof small print jacket
Pet Semetary U.S. proof large print jacket
Thinner ABA
Talisman U.S. proof
Eyes of the Dragon U.S. proof
Bachman Books U.S. proof (with custom slipcase)
It U.S. proof
Misery U.S. proof
Misery U.K. proof
The TommyKnockers U.S. proof
The Dark Half U.S. proof
The Dark Half U.K. proof
The Stand uncut U.S. proof
Twice The Power U.K. proof
Four Past Midnight U.S. proof
Secretary of Dreams U.S. proof (on top)

killjoy72
04-03-2015, 11:42 AM
Never seen these before myself.
WOW.

Sir_Boomme
04-03-2015, 11:42 AM
https://farm9.staticflickr.com/8709/16813156727_83743365dd_b.jpg

https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7595/17020561565_02d5de029e_b.jpg

these two pics shoe these from left to right...

Needful Things U.S. proof
Gerald's Game U.S. tan proof
Gerald's Game U.S. Hardback ABE advance booksellers edition
Gerald's Game U.K. tan proof
Delores Claiborne U.S. proof
Delores Claiborne U.K. proof
Nightmares and Dreamscapes U.S. proof
Nightmares and Dreamscapes U.K. proof
Nightmares and Dreamscapes U.K. proof #2
Insomnia U.S. proof
Insomnia U.K. proof
Rose Madder U.S. proof
Desperation U.S. proof
The Regulators U.S. proof (version 1 no "A")
The Regulators U.S. proof (version 2 with "A")
Bag of Bones U.S. proof
Bag of Bones U.K. proof (with holographic cover and cardboard slipcase)
Hearts In Atlantis U.S. proof
Hearts In Atlantis U.K. proof
On Writing U.S. proof
Dream Catcher U.S. proof
Dream Catcher U.K. proof
BlackHouse U.S. proof
BlackHouse U.K. partial proof
Buick 8 U.S. proof
Buick 8 U.K. proof
Everything's Eventual U.S. proof
Everything's Eventual U.S. proof #2

Sir_Boomme
04-03-2015, 11:45 AM
https://farm9.staticflickr.com/8688/17019688621_60bed0855a_b.jpg

https://farm9.staticflickr.com/8742/17020559385_923d16e975_b.jpg

these two pics show these from left to right...

Just After Sunset partial proof (laying on top)
He Is Legend U.S. proof (laying on top)
Lisey's Story U.S. proof
Lisey's Story U.S. proof #2
Lisey's Story U.K. proof
Blaze U.S. proof
Blaze U.S. proof #2
Duma Key U.S. proof
Duma Key U.K. proof
Just After Sunset U.S. proof
Just After Sunset U.S. proof #2
Green Mile parts 1-6 U.S. green proofs + extra copy of part 2
Colorado Kid U.S. proof
Devil's Wine U.S. proof
Legacies U.S. proof
Blockade Billy U.S. proof
The Girl Who Loved Tom Gordon - U.S. popup partial proof
Midlife Confidential U.S. partial proof : signed by all band members except King
DreamCatcher ABS Promo (laying on top-it's very thin)
The Talisman - ConCom graphic mag proof
From The Borderlands U.S. ARC
Riding The Bullet limited editions U.S. proof
Under The Dome U.S. Hardback proof
Under The Dome U.K. proof
DT 5 Wolves of Call U.K. proof
DT6 Song Of Susannah U.K. proof
DT3 The Drawing of the Three U.S. proof
DT 4 Wizard and Glass U.S. proof
DT 5 Wolves of Call U.S. proof
DT6 Song Of Susannah U.S. proof
DT7 The Dark Tower U.S. proof
'DT8' Wind Through The Keyhole U.S. proof (on top)
DT !V promo pamplet (in front)

jonp
04-03-2015, 11:46 AM
Wow, what a spectacular view!

jhanic
Nice, Terry! You should post your collection more often!

John

Sir_Boomme
and a couple of stragglers...

https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7635/17019113892_b699dff0ae_b.jpg

Sir_Boomme
04-03-2015, 11:51 AM
thanks guys... still loking for that freaking Cell proof dammit... that's my Moby Dick...

Ok John... then I might as well post this...

https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7603/16813344637_61fae96812_b.jpg

https://farm9.staticflickr.com/8738/16832979948_ca71400e07_b.jpg

https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7630/16400605703_5d5a914d46_b.jpg

jonp
04-03-2015, 11:57 AM
Congratulations on the lettered IT. That is one of my favourites. Amazing production.

Sir_Boomme
04-03-2015, 12:01 PM
Congratulations on the lettered IT. That is one of my favourites. Amazing production.

that's the one I got in... was recently laid off and very busy trying to find a new job, never opened the box, didn't know what I had... stuck it in the library unopened for almost 2 years... until one day I re-discovered it... and had totally forgotten that I even ordered it.
That was a nice belated surprise.

biomieg
04-03-2015, 12:06 PM
Great proof shots.

Randall Flagg
04-03-2015, 12:20 PM
1/300 #33 S/L 1993.
http://imageshack.com/a/img661/4275/xF2tR2.jpghttp://imageshack.com/a/img537/2627/SMnWwc.jpg
Correct. I still have my invoice and a follow up letter from OC. I recently gave up on the box and gave the book itself away as part of the RF Grab Bag.

jonp
04-03-2015, 12:21 PM

that's the one I got in... was recently laid off and very busy trying to find a new job, never opened the box, didn't know what I had... stuck it in the library unopened for almost 2 years... until one day I re-discovered it... and had totally forgotten that I even ordered it.
That was a nice belated surprise.

There's been I few things I've come across that I have no recollection of ordering, but nothing as huge as IT. LOL!

Sir_Boomme
04-03-2015, 12:39 PM
1/300 #33 S/L 1993.
Correct. I still have my invoice and a follow up letter from OC. I recently gave up on the box and gave the book itself away as part of the RF Grab Bag.

nevermind... I googled it

herbertwest
04-04-2015, 03:13 AM
thanks guys.... and yeah biomeg... I really miss the 4 items I sold from my collection... they were all high ticket items that I'll probably never have the chance to get back :(

anyway... been a while since I posted pics of my proofs... been a few additions since then - sorry if you guys have already seen these pics on the SKC Facebook page... but for those that haven't seen them yet...

https://farm9.staticflickr.com/8750/17019692481_8a82c456f8_b.jpg

https://farm9.staticflickr.com/8752/17020564115_e5d3df30b0_b.jpg

In these two pics you'll see these items..from left to right:

Under The Dome H&S publishing: signed limited edition
Under The Dome U.S. proof
Dolan's Cadillac U.S. proof
Carrie U.S. ARC (advance reader's copy)
Danse Macabre U.S. proof
FireStarter U.S. proof
Dead Zone U.S. paperback proof -signed
Cujo U.S. proof version 1
Cujo U.S. proof version 2 - signed
Cujo U.S. proof version 2 #2
Different Season U.S. proof
Christine U.S. proof
Christine U.S. proof -signed
Pet Semetary U.S. proof small print jacket
Pet Semetary U.S. proof large print jacket
Thinner ABA
Talisman U.S. proof
Eyes of the Dragon U.S. proof
Bachman Books U.S. proof (with custom slipcase)
It U.S. proof
Misery U.S. proof
Misery U.K. proof
The TommyKnockers U.S. proof
The Dark Half U.S. proof
The Dark Half U.K. proof
The Stand uncut U.S. proof
Twice The Power U.K. proof
Four Past Midnight U.S. proof
Secretary of Dreams U.S. proof (on top)

What are those 4 items you sold?

biomieg
04-04-2015, 05:57 AM

I know exactly how you feel. I'm not going to lament all over the forum again (did that way too often already) but I guess I sold about twenty items I'll never get back. Live and learn!

Sir_Boomme
04-04-2015, 05:58 AM
uuuugh... you had to ask.... been trying to forget that.... now you're going to make me cry again....

Salem's Lot Red Lettered edition

Skeleton Crew Lettered zippered

Secretary of Dreams I Lettered

Secretary of Dreams II Lettered.....

thanks for ruining my day....going to go crawl into a hole now... and not come out until Monday.

jhanic
04-04-2015, 06:02 AM
uuuugh... you had to ask.... been trying to forget that.... now you're going to make me cry again....

Salem's Lot Red Lettered edition

Skeleton Crew Lettered zippered

Secretary of Dreams I Lettered

Secretary of Dreams II Lettered.....

thanks for ruining my day....going to go crawl into a hole now... and not come out until Monday.

Just make sure the Easter Bunny can find you tomorrow! :P

John

Sir_Boomme
04-04-2015, 06:13 AM
excuse...at the time... at ripe old age of 52, I was recently unemployed for the first time since I was 15 years old. While I had some money in the bank, I was computing my bills and exactly how many months I could last without losing the house... (9) if I remained unemployed. I was eliminating costs (pool boys, yard service, internet and cable downgrades, etc.) and going back to school for old man retraining in alternate fields.

Problem was, I really can't move from Austin... I design computer chips and it wasn't just me that got laid off... AMD had laid off 70% of it's layout designers here...so there was a huge instant glut of the market in the area... so I was preparing for an extended time of hardship.

As it turned out, I was re-employed within 3 months. Having never been unemployed, I had panicked... and thus the big ticket sales.

Since then, I've worked the past 2 years about 80 hours a week... bought almost zero books, and managed to pay about 145,000.00 off on my house...which should be paid off very soon (which is within 8 years of me buying it). Once it's paid for, I'll feel like I'm in a lot better spot to restart my collection.

But when I do, I'm doubting I'll be able to find all those lettereds available....we'll see. The SOD's I can live without... but really really miss that skeleton crew and the salem's lot. :(

jhanic
04-04-2015, 06:20 AM
excuse...at the time... at ripe old age of 52, I was recently unemployed for the first time since I was 15 years old. While I had some money in the bank, I was computing my bills and exactly how many months I could last without losing the house... (9) if I remained unemployed. I was eliminating costs (pool boys, yard service, internet and cable downgrades, etc.) and going back to school for old man retraining in alternate fields.

Problem was, I really can't move from Austin... I design computer chips and it wasn't just me that got laid off... AMD had laid off 70% of it's layout designers here...so there was a huge instant glut of the market in the area... so I was preparing for an extended time of hardship.

As it turned out, I was re-employed within 3 months. Having never been unemployed, I had panicked... and thus the big ticket sales.

Since then, I've worked the past 2 years about 80 hours a week... bought almost zero books, and managed to pay about 145,000.00 off on my house...which should be paid off very soon (which is within 8 years of me buying it). Once it's paid for, I'll feel like I'm in a lot better spot to restart my collection.

But when I do, I'm doubting I'll be able to find all those lettereds available....we'll see. The SOD's I can live without... but really really miss that skeleton crew and the salem's lot. :(

Terry, it's very understandable why you did what you did. I wish you the best of luck in finding your "lost" babies.

John

jonp
04-04-2015, 06:21 AM
Glad to hear everything is back on track. The SODs should be reasonably easy to find, Skeleton Crew quite hard but they are out there but 'Salem's Lot will be really tough! Good luck!

Sir_Boomme
04-04-2015, 06:28 AM
footnote...
criteria for AMD's layoff... 98% were over 50 years old and ALL were at the Senior or Staff level - they cut all the experience and immediately started hiring entry level and JRs to replace us... at much lower salaries...and most of those replacement jobs were in India. Seems to be the shitty way most businesses cut cost nowdays. "F" the loyal old-timers...

zelig
04-04-2015, 08:33 AM
Just had a look now at your posting of the proofs and IT. Very nice Terry! You've got a few there that I still need to add to my collection, and some signed which is great. Good to hear you got re-employed and your plan with the house sound perfect. Wish I was that close to paying off mine!

Theli
04-04-2015, 01:41 PM

Yeah it's rough when you gotta liquidate part sof the collection to make ends meet. Good to know you are in a more stable financial situation now. Congrats on almost having the house paid off, by the way!

Meagan J
04-04-2015, 07:41 PM
Awesome collection! I really enjoyed those Doubleday letters :)