PDA

View Full Version : TORCHWOOD. **SPOILERS**

Ves'Ka Gan
09-24-2008, 09:35 AM
I am posting this in hopes Ms. Educated Lady will come and geek out with me.

I just finished season 2 a couple of days ago and I am eager to share my feelings with someone other than my boyfriend who is tired of hearing how the finale "made me feel".

Any takers?

Bev Vincent
09-24-2008, 10:00 AM
Have you seen the Doctor Who Season Four finale yet?

Ves'Ka Gan
09-24-2008, 10:46 AM
Yes! Although my boyfriend hasn't...he's patiently waiting for the DVDs, but I watched what I oculd on Sci-Fi and youtubed the rest! I'm looking forward to re-watching it with him when it comes out in Nov.

Bev Vincent
09-24-2008, 11:01 AM
I'm disappointed that there isn't going to be a regular series of Torchwood this year, just a five-part miniseries that is going to air in a single week in the UK. Not sure what the plans are for airing it over here. I thought the ending of season two was very sad.

Ves'Ka Gan
09-24-2008, 11:09 AM
Ah, phooey! The same as Doctor Who, then? Just a short series? Gar! Luckily, my beau's family is in London, so if they don't release it here, we can get them to bun it to DVD for us (shhh!).

But yeah, the ending was just all depressing. I guess with Owen's "issue" you had to see what happened to him coming, but it was such an awful way to die! And despite his attitude, I think he was one of my favorites, then when Tosh died I got really pissed! Just in time to get really sad again!

Of course I wonder if maybe Rhys will be joining the team in the next bit...he seems to have becom pretty involved since the "Meat" episode.

Bev Vincent
09-24-2008, 01:01 PM
Yeah, the writing was definitely on the wall for Owen, so it was only a matter of time for him. I think Martha is supposed to be back full-time for this year's miniseries.

Ves'Ka Gan
09-24-2008, 01:28 PM
That would be cool--I like her a lot, though it seems obvious she couldn't stay with the Doctor after Who series 3.

I still just can't get over the idea that they killed half the effing main cast off in the finale though! I think that miniseries is going to have a lot of ground to cover in just 5 episodes!

Brainslinger
09-24-2008, 01:40 PM
I'm disappointed that there isn't going to be a regular series of Torchwood this year, just a five-part miniseries that is going to air in a single week in the UK. Not sure what the plans are for airing it over here. I thought the ending of season two was very sad.

Heh, I didn't even know that and I LIVE in the UK.

I quite like Torchwood. It could be a lot better, but it's worth watching.

Brainslinger
09-24-2008, 01:49 PM
Yeah, the writing was definitely on the wall for Owen, so it was only a matter of time for him. I think Martha is supposed to be back full-time for this year's miniseries.

Doctor Who spoilers too:

I wonder if maybe Micky will join Torchwood too. (Not sure how I feel about that. He's come a long way from the irritating bloke they started with though.) At the end of the Doctor Who finale he leaves in the company of Jack and Martha.

I wasn't too happy about the death of two characters at the end of Torchwood either. I kind of hope they don't find a way of bringing them back though as it gets a bit silly if everyone is resurrected every time they die.

Overall I rather liked series 2 of Torchwood, and the ending was interesting. I wasn't keen on Jack's brother though. Not the storyline itself, I just found the acting extremely hokey. (And I wonder how Jack didn't become insane being buried so long!)

Arthur Heath
09-24-2008, 01:52 PM
Never heard of it...I just read up on wiki about it. Torchwood is a clever anagram of Doctor Who. How close are the two intertwined? Where is our Dr. Who expert, Razz?

Brainslinger
09-24-2008, 02:03 PM
Torchwood is a spin-off of Doctor Who, featuring one or two characters who have appeared in the show and other characters. It's filmed and set in Cardiff and it deals with an organisation that essentially monitors and captures various alien threats. They're situated on a rift in time and space through which various beasties and people come through. (Kinda like the hell mouth in Buffy but sci-fi rather than horror fantasy, if that makes sense.)

Probably more to it than that, but that's it in a nutshell.

It's more adult oriented than Doctor Who, shown at a later time slot, so it does encounter more violence and sex and swearing. (The second series toned the sex down somewhat. )

razz
09-24-2008, 03:08 PM
Exactly. I can tell you that Doctor Who is more family oriented. The origins of Torchwood are shown in the doctor Who episode Tooth and claw, and that's really all i can tell you. I haven't seen Torchwood yet (I've wanted too :cry:)

Bev Vincent
09-24-2008, 03:11 PM
Mickey would make a fine addition to Torchwood. He's come a long way since his early days with Rose.

Ves'Ka Gan
09-25-2008, 09:59 AM
But isn't Mickey in the parallel univere with Rose & company?

And I resent the comment that Razz is "the" Doctor Who expert--he knows I could take him to school on it anyday:cool: (kidding Razz...sort of).

Ves'Ka Gan
09-25-2008, 10:03 AM
Oh, and on Torchwood---Torchwood's roots are from a sort of anti-Doctor who organization, it's been involved in and out of a few episodes of Who. However, the Torchwood in the spin off series is not directly related to Torchwood London, Capt. Jack (a Doctor Who Character) runs it with a slightly better viewpoint and mission than the original TW in London, more designed to help, whereas the original TW saw everything alien as something they owned and could/should use for "Queen & Country".

Bev Vincent
09-25-2008, 10:18 AM
But isn't Mickey in the parallel univere with Rose & company?

Not any more, as of the end of Season 4 of Doctor Who. He stayed behind when the Doctor returned Rose to the parallel universe with the other version of himself

razz
09-25-2008, 11:24 AM
exactly. He said something about how he wasn't needed there anymore because Rose has a Doctor now, then he ran off to annoy captain Jack

Brice
09-25-2008, 11:32 AM
Umm...considering like nearly every post has spoilers would y'all like me to put a spoiler warning in the title so y'all don't have to spoiler tag everything? :unsure:

razz
09-25-2008, 11:59 AM
that would probably be wise. it's kind of hard to talk about it freely WITHOUT a spoiler warning.

Bev Vincent
09-25-2008, 12:57 PM
I was thinking that very thing myself.

Ves'Ka Gan
09-25-2008, 02:00 PM
Yes, that would be very helpful, Brice!

And..duh!:doh: I remember now about Mickey. I wouldn't mind seeing him on with TW--I'd like him there more than I would like Rhys at least.

Brice
09-25-2008, 07:36 PM
Done! :)

Bev Vincent
09-26-2008, 03:15 AM
Like Mickey, Rhys grew on me more and more as the series evolved. At first he was just a jerk, but we got to see more of his perspective and his strengths last season.

Ves'Ka Gan
09-26-2008, 04:32 AM
I agree, but I think I still need a little more time with Rhys before I'm ready to see him highly involved in every episode...right now (IMO) he comes across as a man who is able to think on his feet and get through crazy situations but mostly because of his feelings for Gwen...is that enough to get his character through a daily barrage of crazy situations?

Although it would be interesting to see him interacing with Jack and Gwen on a regular basis...

Brainslinger
09-26-2008, 08:15 AM
Rhys is interesting, because apparently they did originally intend to kill him off. Remember the ending of series 1?

(I kind of expected it too considering Gwen's affair with the doctor bloke. I'm kinda glad they discontinued that.)

They liked Rhys so much they decided to keep him.

(I admit I find him a tad irritating, but it's certainly nothing against the actor's performance.)

Ves'Ka Gan
09-29-2008, 11:06 AM
Well, I sort like him & sort of don't. I guess I could understand why he might be so annoying in series 1, with Gwen being so secretive (And having an affair), and he does seem slightly less so annoying now that he is in on the big secret...

Darkthoughts
09-29-2008, 01:06 PM
I went to a wedding the other week where they had a compere, who introduced the guests into the room - the speeches etc.
He was really funny and I said to him, "You should be on tv!" and he was like "I am!! I'm on Torchwood with Eve in the new season!"

Look out for a little Scottish guy with reddish hair ;)

Brainslinger
07-08-2009, 02:20 PM
They've been showing Torchwood: Children of Earth over here in the UK this week. Basically it's 5 part story one part per weekday. I saw episode 3 today, and so far they've all been great! If you've been turned off by previous episodes I think you might get a nice surprise from these. They really benefit with more space to maneouver I think. I hope the last two are this good.

EDIT- Yesterday's episode certainly was! Hoping the end ties everything satisfyingly.

Lily-sai
07-11-2009, 03:04 AM
I'm now starting with Torchwood - watched s01e01 yesterday. Now I go on and watch the rest. I'll be back here! :)

candy
11-29-2009, 08:22 AM
just finished series 1 and 2.
much preferd series 2, i am hoping that they will repeat the children of the earth mini series at some time, they normally do, so fingers crossed

my problem was i watched both series later than they were shown on tv, so when i watched the dr who episode journeys end when gwen says they will go out fighting like own and tosh, i was all:pullhair: Put in a spoiler in case liisa comes back:rose:

anyhoo, i also was a little unsure of the episode with the brother, they built it up beautifully and then it all seemed a little rushed which was a shame. i also loved james marsters, although he did play it very spike like which i suppose it what they were afte **shrugs**

DoctorDodge
11-29-2009, 08:30 AM
just finished series 1 and 2.
much preferd series 2, i am hoping that they will repeat the children of the earth mini series at some time, they normally do, so fingers crossed

my problem was i watched both series later than they were shown on tv, so when i watched the dr who episode journeys end when gwen says they will go out fighting like own and tosh, i was all:pullhair: Put in a spoiler in case liisa comes back:rose:

anyhoo, i also was a little unsure of the episode with the brother, they built it up beautifully and then it all seemed a little rushed which was a shame. i also loved james marsters, although he did play it very spike like which i suppose it what they were afte **shrugs**

Gotta say i agree with ya candy about series 2 being much better than 1. They were clearly finding their feet in the 1st series, but i've gotta say i loved the final 3 episodes!

Also, with series 2, gotta love all those little references to the 3 part series 3 finale of Doctor Who: "I'd trust Martha if the world was ending. In fact I did!" Gotta love those little moments.

And here's a random uber-nerdy question for ya candy: can you guess what the awesome Torchwood episode Captain Jack Harkness shares with the rather lame Doctor Who episode Love & Monsters?

candy
11-29-2009, 09:33 AM
first seen posters for Vote Saxon!:rock:

even i am surprised at how geeky i am sometimes:wtf:

DoctorDodge
11-29-2009, 11:06 AM
not half as geeky as I am: both episodes are also the only episodes to mention all of the first 3 series arc words! the bad wolf one in CJH is a bit of a blink and youll miss it ref, but you can see it among the grafitti!

candy
11-29-2009, 11:32 AM
:wtf: a fellow geek!!!!:huglove:

JameseyLefebure
12-14-2009, 07:16 AM
I'm so glad to see that everyone here seem's to be a big torchwood fan!! i was absolutely hooked on it from the word go!! I thought that series 1 and 2 were fantastic!! But I have to admit I had no idea what to make of series 3!!! I liked the general idea of the season, but i felt that ending was so so so sad and a bit depressing.
I've heard that they have been commisioned for a 13 episode 4th season. I think with more time on their hands that the new season will be fantastic!
Personally - i just love John Barrowman :) *swoons*

Jamesey
xxxx

candy
12-14-2009, 07:51 AM
i haven't seen series 3 yet, if you do see it repeating pls give me a shout:huglove:

JameseyLefebure
12-14-2009, 02:39 PM
i haven't seen series 3 yet, if you do see it repeating pls give me a shout:huglove:

If you live in the UK you can pick it up on DVD pretty cheap now :)

candy
01-27-2010, 07:12 AM
just watched children of the earth
oh jesus that was just
wowowowowowowowowowowowowwow

freaking loved it, drama tears laughs it had the lot
also very sad as it looks like the end, only gwen left:cry:

but the lines that made me chortle was
'you and whose army' ''torchwood''
'an arm, a leg, a waste of a body bag'

loved it sooooo much, it was even better than the 2nd series

DoctorDodge
01-27-2010, 07:29 AM
It is amazing, isn't it candy?

Emotional, dramatic, epic...and yet, for some reason I can't fathom, some fans of the first two series can't stand it! That really does perplex me!

I think my favourite line is, "So what's down there?" "Erm, big science-fiction super base!"

Even with the darkest and most mature Torchwood storyline yet, I still love the fact that RTD was still able to poke fun at his own show!

Candice Dionysus
01-27-2010, 07:34 AM
I'm half-way through series two right now. I only got to see two or three episodes before we lost our satellite signal (and boy do I EVER miss BBC America! Believe it or not), but we've got the laptop hooked into the big screen, so I get to watch TV on the internet with no commercials in fantastic glory.

I am in love with Ianto.

candy
01-27-2010, 07:36 AM
i will miss RTD! **sigh**

some folks may not have liked it because it was so much darker, the 1st one was finding its feet, and was quite superficial (not my fav series and i almost gave up on it, so bloody glad i didnt)

the second series was still lighter hearted but a lot grittier and got quite dark in some places, but the third one has just blown my mind - its almost as if RTD knew where he was going with it all along (sarcasm, sorry)

do you think thats it? RTD doesn't but he also has not confirmed (as far as i know) if it will be him that brings it back? or have i missed that somwhere?

candy
01-27-2010, 07:38 AM
I'm half-way through series two right now. I only got to see two or three episodes before we lost our satellite signal (and boy do I EVER miss BBC America! Believe it or not), but we've got the laptop hooked into the big screen, so I get to watch TV on the internet with no commercials in fantastic glory.

I am in love with Ianto.

he is a much more rounded character in the 2nd and 3rd series and i really like him a lot. i always felt he was more the heart of torchwood than gwen, who the writers wanted to be the heart

Candice Dionysus
01-27-2010, 07:41 AM
I am in love with Ianto.

he is a much more rounded character in the 2nd and 3rd series and i really like him a lot. i always felt he was more the heart of torchwood than gwen, who the writers wanted to be the heart

Yeah, but since when do the writers know how the fans will react to the characters?
I loved him in series one, right from the get-go. He's always been my favorite.

DoctorDodge
01-27-2010, 07:49 AM
i will miss RTD! **sigh**

some folks may not have liked it because it was so much darker, the 1st one was finding its feet, and was quite superficial (not my fav series and i almost gave up on it, so bloody glad i didnt)

the second series was still lighter hearted but a lot grittier and got quite dark in some places, but the third one has just blown my mind - its almost as if RTD knew where he was going with it all along (sarcasm, sorry)

do you think thats it? RTD doesn't but he also has not confirmed (as far as i know) if it will be him that brings it back? or have i missed that somwhere?

Apparently it has been confirmed by the BBC that RTD is creating a Torchwood show in the US for Fox:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/2010/jan/19/ustelevision-bbc-worldwide

Whether this will be a remake, i'm not sure, but it sounds like it could very well be a continuation. If it's got RTD on board, that's all I care about!

And considering the events of Children of Earth, namely the base getting destroyed, Ianto's death, and killing his own grandson, with Jack finding no reason to stay there, it would make sense that he'd want to start again somewhere else. It was probably the intention of creating a US version that led RTD to write CoE in the first place - to "clear the decks" for a new series, as it were.

candy
01-27-2010, 07:57 AM
hmmm, i so hope its a continuation and not a remake. i can understand the continuation

CoE spoiler - Can do not read
RTD himself said he could not have jack going back to the hub and rebuilding and restarting as it would defile the memories of those that had dies esp one in particular.

so i can understand the move to the US, however, i just hope its not.... that it doesn't loose its.... 'englishness' if that makes sense? it always been a little eccentric.

hmm, and if torchwood can make the transition would they do the same with the dr? have him save the states instead of england????? hmmmmm things to think on

Candice Dionysus
01-27-2010, 08:00 AM
Not reading any spoilers.

I personally am against the changing of the location from the UK to the US. The US is a very retarded place (no offense to anyone who lives there) where I don't think the same kinds of stories would really fit... It would probably lose its Englishness. I don't think they can do it and have it still be... Great. Good, maybe, but never great.

candy
01-27-2010, 08:02 AM
:huglove:

Candice Dionysus
01-27-2010, 08:04 AM
:couple:

Besides, how would an outfit like Torchwood function with having to worry about the FBI AND the CIA wondering what they're up to?
Actually, that may create some interesting plot twists... But it wouldn't be the same.

candy
01-27-2010, 08:10 AM
:couple:

Besides, how would an outfit like Torchwood function with having to worry about the FBI AND the CIA wondering what they're up to?
Actually, that may create some interesting plot twists... But it wouldn't be the same.

interesting but not the same, i can picture it now
C.S.I Torchwood

Candice Dionysus
01-27-2010, 08:16 AM
lol. That's just wrong. Blech.

They might be able to retain the Englishness if they moved the location to Canada. lol. We're all vastly different in temperament than 9/10 of average Americans... Unfortunately, we're generally more intelligent as well, it seems.
They should do Torchwood: Toronto! lol. I'd watch that. But I'm biased, I was born there.
And anyway, in Canada there's the Mounties, and CSIS, who never, like, do anything so far as I know. They're our best kept secret. lol. :clap:

DoctorDodge
01-27-2010, 08:16 AM
Oh, candy, no. NO!

Most horrifying idea ever!

Still, i would prefer an american Torchwood to an american Doctor Who. Although, funnily enough, a tv movie back in 1996 was actually made by Fox to have the programme continue in america.

However, with it being full of unnecessary backstory, a plot that made no sense, and Eric Roberts as the Master, it's no surprise that this backdoor pilot got such low ratings in the US.

I will say a couple of good things about the movie though: the lovely victorian-gothic tardis interior, and Paul McGann getting some really great lines as the Doctor. "This whole planet's about to be destroyed...and I'm stuck in a traffic jam?!?"

Hmmm, that reminds me...Fox still owns the rights to characters from that movie. Not the 8th Doctor or the Master, naturally, but one off companions the Doctor had. If they made an appearance in US Torchwood...however bad the US film was, I would so love to see that!

DoctorDodge
06-07-2010, 01:30 PM
I thought this thread needed to be bumped up, considering the news. Regarding the US remake by Fox, that didn't work out. Considering the fate of seriously decent shows on that network like Firefly, that's what I'd call the good news.

The seriously brilliant news?

It's coming back!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/torchwood/torchwood_new_series/

Now, i don't know much about the Starz network, only that Spartacus got seriously slagged off in a lot of reviews. But considering they have no problems with sex, violence, and pushing boundaries, I'd doubt they'd have as much of a problem showing a programme with Captain Jack Harkness as Fox would! Even better: RTD and Julie Gardner are still in charge! Brilliant!

One question, though: can the team improve on the awesome Children of Earth? I'd love to see them try!

Heather19
06-07-2010, 02:12 PM
I think it'll be a much better fit on a channel like that as opposed to one of the network stations. Starz is kinda along the lines of HBO and Showtime, it's a pay channel so I don't think there's many boundaries with what they can show. The only disappointing thing is that I'll have to wait for the dvd's to come out, unless BBC America picks it up.

ICry4Oy
06-08-2010, 06:55 AM

It's coming back!

Now, i don't know much about the Starz network, only that Spartacus got seriously slagged off in a lot of reviews. But considering they have no problems with sex, violence, and pushing boundaries, I'd doubt they'd have as much of a problem showing a programme with Captain Jack Harkness as Fox would! Even better: RTD and Julie Gardner are still in charge! Brilliant!

One question, though: can the team improve on the awesome Children of Earth? I'd love to see them try!

I guess this is good news, I dunno. I loved Torchwood but they pissed me off by killing all of the good regular characters and keeping the likes of someone like Gwen and her annoying fat husband. Don't know if I can ever forgive them for killing Lanto :( But I'll give it a chance!! Seems like BBC has a nasty habit of killing off series regulars (i.e., Robin Hood, Primeval). Probably has more to do with "stars" demanding too much money though?

Now. I had to google "slagged off" as used in regard to Spartacus. If I understand your use of that expression I have to ask.....are you kidding?!!!??? By Jupiter's cock, Spartacus is the best show to come around for years and years. It's fucking AWESOME!!! I've read mostly great reviews of it over here.

Bev Vincent
06-08-2010, 07:12 AM
I didn't like Rhys at first, but he grew on me over the years. And Gwen is what kept me coming back from day one -- she's the "everyman" character in the series.

DoctorDodge
06-08-2010, 07:37 AM
Seems like BBC has a nasty habit of killing off series regulars (i.e., Robin Hood, Primeval). Probably has more to do with "stars" demanding too much money though?

I sincerely doubt that. It's more to do with the fact that, unlike a lot of US network shows, the writers of BBC shows have near-total control over what they can do with the show, with the only restrictions being budget. If they decide they want to end a show after a couple of series instead of dragging it out year after year until all originality in the show is dead (for two good examples, see the UK versions of the Office and Life on Mars), then the writers will decide to end the show, then and there. Why did RTD kill of Ianto in Children of Earth? Why does Stephen King kill off characters that everyone loves? It's just good emotional writing. Last time I checked, a lot of US shows do the same thing. I've seen a lot of characters get killed off in Lost, and I've only watched the first 2 seasons so far!

Regarding Spartacus: well, all the reviews and clips I've seen suggest it's considerably more...exaggerated when it comes to history than compared to, say, the mega brilliant Rome. I'll watch it, but I'm not gonna take it seriously. Probably as an OTT fest, if anything.

EDIT: Btw, Primeval was ITV, not BBC. I know it was shown on BBCAmerica, but in reality, BBC had pretty much sod all to do with it. Killing off characters seems to be a trend in good UK shows. And good US shows, really.

ICry4Oy
06-08-2010, 08:00 AM
I'm probably one of the few who liked neither the British nor the American "Office" or "Mars" shows.:arg:

Didn't care for Rome. If I want history I'll watch the History Channel. Spartacus rox!

DoctorDodge
06-08-2010, 08:26 AM
I'm probably one of the few who liked neither the British nor the American "Office" or "Mars" shows.:arg:

Didn't care for Rome. If I want history I'll watch the History Channel. Spartacus rox!

Well, Spartacus does have a few British actors in it, like all the best shows do, so I'll check it out. But come on: Rome was made by HBO! They don't make them better than that! (Except by BBC. Which co-produced it!) :P

Back on topic, regarding Gwen and Rhys: I've never been bothered by Gwen (except when she cheated on Rhys and then took the easy way out by asking for forgiveness then making him forget, she was nothing short of a total bitch then), but Rhys has been a pretty cool character since series 2. Sure, he was annoying as the ignorant boyfriend at first, but the moment Meat came along, he became a much better, and much more likeable character.

Then again, I'm a fan of Donna Noble, so you can never trust my opinion! :lol:

ICry4Oy
06-08-2010, 08:55 AM
Hey, I'd take Donna over Rose any day.:thumbsup:

candy
06-08-2010, 10:30 AM

It's coming back!

I guess this is good news, I dunno. I loved Torchwood but they pissed me off by killing all of the good regular characters and keeping the likes of someone like Gwen and her annoying fat husband. Don't know if I can ever forgive them for killing Lanto :( But I'll give it a chance!! Seems like BBC has a nasty habit of killing off series regulars (i.e., Robin Hood, Primeval). Probably has more to do with "stars" demanding too much money though?

Now. I had to google "slagged off" as used in regard to Spartacus. If I understand your use of that expression I have to ask.....are you kidding?!!!??? By Jupiter's cock, Spartacus is the best show to come around for years and years. It's fucking AWESOME!!! I've read mostly great reviews of it over here.

Hey, I'd take Donna over Rose any day.:thumbsup:

RT Davies is back too:clap::clap:

most excellent news, and i think they killed Ianto as they thought it was coming to an end,(as did us all) and they went for that pulling of the heart strings. :harrier:

Icry4Oy, spartacus has got some terrible terrible reviews over here (i must admit i have not watched it, i was going to and then missed the first few so never bothered - is it worth the watch then if i can catch it again?) i trust your opinion as we share a lot of the same taste in tv programmes

back on topic, so now then, as much as i am excited by the prospect of torchwood coming back esp with RTD involved. Do we think they are doing the right thing? After the last one, it kind of finished? they will need to bring in new characters or it will just be Jack and Gwen and the drip. and that will just be a sex triangle i really do not want to see!!!!!!

ICry4Oy
06-08-2010, 11:21 AM
Icry4Oy, spartacus has got some terrible terrible reviews over here (i must admit i have not watched it, i was going to and then missed the first few so never bothered - is it worth the watch then if i can catch it again?) i trust your opinion as we share a lot of the same taste in tv programmes

back on topic, so now then, as much as i am excited by the prospect of torchwood coming back esp with RTD involved. Do we think they are doing the right thing? After the last one, it kind of finished? they will need to bring in new characters or it will just be Jack and Gwen and the drip. and that will just be a sex triangle i really do not want to see!!!!!!

I would definitely recommend Spartacus to anyone - anyone who isn't offended by extreme graphic violence with literally buckets of blood or by plenty of lingering full frontal shots of both men and women and by very vulgar language. But those are just some of the things I like about it!:drool: Also, if the critics hated it over there so much, that's just one more reason to like it!!!

I plan on keeping an open mind in regards to Torchwood coming back and I completely agree about Jack/Gwen/The Drip. Eew.

Heather19
07-07-2010, 02:52 PM
I just finished watching Children of Earth last night. I think that is easily one of the most depressing endings ever. I can't believe most of Torchwood is now dead :( I still loved every second of it though! And I can't wait to see the new series. I hope we hear some information soon.

DoctorDodge
11-05-2010, 03:34 PM
I just finished watching Children of Earth for the first time since it was on last year, which I'd almost be surprised about, since it was one of best pieces of television I saw last year, but...like Heather said, it's just so incredibly depressing. 2nd watch, and it's final episode still considerably reduces your will to live. I'm still looking forward to what Torchwood: The New World will bring, and I hope it's as different to Children of Earth as CoE was to series 1 and 2, but still recognisably Torchwood. I'll be keeping my eyes peeled for any news!

candy
11-06-2010, 02:41 AM
I just finished watching Children of Earth for the first time since it was on last year, which I'd almost be surprised about, since it was one of best pieces of television I saw last year, but...like Heather said, it's just so incredibly depressing. 2nd watch, and it's final episode still considerably reduces your will to live. I'm still looking forward to what Torchwood: The New World will bring, and I hope it's as different to Children of Earth as CoE was to series 1 and 2, but still recognisably Torchwood. I'll be keeping my eyes peeled for any news!

this is were we disagree (dont we always:cyclops:) i did't find it depressing, not like series 1

While CoE was more dramatic, i loved watching it and could watch till the cows come home as they say:wtf:

Whereas series 1 was just pants, and it was only my loyalty to Dr Who that kept me watching. I feel they built it up beautifully - series 2 being a much better series and then CoE climaxing the series. Yes i had tears in my eyes for most of the last episodes of CoE - but this was because i care.

Series 1, was a real toil for me and it was this series that made me lose the will to live. I had tears in my eyes but mostly because i felt they had ruined the dr who franchise - i was happily proved wrong, but it was a shame they started so badly

Bev Vincent
12-15-2010, 02:39 PM
Bill Pullman (Ruthless People, Independence Day) has signed on to star in the upcoming fourth season of Torchwood as a regular. Pullman — who joins series stars John Barrowman, Eva Myles and the just-cast Mekhi Phifer — will play Oswald Jones, a dangerously clever convicted murderer who escapes his lifelong prison sentence on a technicality and quickly becomes a media sensation. Genuinely repentant yet boiling with lust and rage, Oswald gets caught up in a terrifying worldwide crisis. Torchwood's fourth season will air stateside on Starz in a co-production deal with the BBC. Pullman's only major previous primetime gig was on NBC's 2005 limited series Revelations.

DoctorDodge
12-15-2010, 05:05 PM
Bloody hell. They're getting more talent from the US than I first thought! I'm surprised. I would've thought they would've gone for more unknown actors, not actors like Bill Pullman. Sounds pretty impressive so far. Can't wait to see how The New World pans out. Who knows, it could be one of the few US versions of a UK show that's actually good! (Wait, it's still got John Barrowman playing Captain Jack Harkness in it: of course it'll be better than most US adaptations of UK shows!)

ICry4Oy
12-16-2010, 12:23 PM
So now I'm not looking as forward to it as I barely did before. Bill Pullman? Seriously? He's a rather bland actor imo. I'll still watch and give it a chance but I don't have any hopes for it lasting now.

candy
12-17-2010, 10:09 AM
oh dont worry, Torchwood will weild its magic.

maybe they will mercilessly take the piss out of him?:wtf:

Bev Vincent
04-02-2011, 11:20 AM
Teaser for Miracle Day (http://www.tvline.com/2011/04/tvline-items-torchwood-miracle-day-teaser/)

DoctorDodge
04-02-2011, 02:51 PM
Oh, brilliant! Simple, but effective! Also, great use of a Lou Reed song!

My only problem? "A Starz original programme." Bollocks it is! Yes, it's co-produced by Starz, but no credit to the BBC? Nothing remotely like "A BBC/Starz original programme," or even, "Based on the hit BBC series?"

Sorry, i just get a little protective of my favourite UK shows. On the plus side, at least the remnants of the old Torchwood tune are still there. And that line of, "The last death on planet Earth was recorded...", said over the image of the Earth as a ticking time bomb...shit, that gave me the chills! Something tells me Children of Earth is gonna seem like a right proper cheerfest compared to what this story's going to put us through!

Heather19
04-02-2011, 05:28 PM
Can't wait! :excited:

candy
07-23-2011, 06:27 AM
Has anyone been watching this? Still mad that we have to wait a week before we get to see out own show, but hey ho

Here are my thoughts after 2 episodes

Its different from the previous series, but Children of the Earth was different from series 1 and 2. I am enjoying the new show, its not Torchwood of old in my opinion, but its ok. Its def become americanised(you cant argue with that) and the two main stars do not have nearly enough screen time, (at the moment they seem like secondary characters) however I am hoping that they come into it more and more. As I said, its an ok show, but it seems to have lost the Torchwood edge. I will keep watching though as its not nearly as bad as some make out

Any thoughts from you guys

ICry4Oy
07-23-2011, 07:52 AM
I liked last night's ep. Jack and the bartender WOW! It's gotten better - the first ep just kinda set everything up. And Pullman has surprised me. It's certainly a different show than the original but it's grown on me.

candy
07-23-2011, 07:57 AM
your a week ahead of me grrrrrrrrrrrrrr

(am not grring you sweetie, just the PTB)

But I agree Bill Pullman is just spectacular, I could watch him all night long. He looks gross, and he is actually a really good looking bloke!!

ICry4Oy
07-23-2011, 11:04 AM
Right you are about Pullman! He's so slimy that I really want to hurt him. I never would have thought it.

Jethro
07-24-2011, 07:06 AM
I liked last night's ep. Jack and the bartender WOW! It's gotten better - the first ep just kinda set everything up. And Pullman has surprised me. It's certainly a different show than the original but it's grown on me.

Wow, what a series so far. I was very apprehensive of Pullman being involved, but he's done a remarkably good job.
So is it all big-pharma's fault, or in the end will there by some type of alien influence at work? As for the scene with Jack and the bartender, I guess that's one of the benefits of moving the series to Starz: partial nudity! :evil:

DoctorDodge
07-28-2011, 01:23 PM
Whilst i haven't been enjoying it as much as Children of Earth so far, it has been pretty good, especially with ep 3. Ep 1 was mostly setup, but I still enjoyed seeing the old team again. 2 wasn't so good - Gwen and Jack just seemed to be side characters more than anything in that episode. However, now that the group has come together, it's been shaping up pretty well. Can't wait to see where they'll take it next.

Jethro
08-01-2011, 03:31 PM
Torchwood at San Diego ComicCon - lots of spoilers! (though not much past the 3rd episode)

...and 55:22, so set some time aside...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nPF-oOEFMa8

ICry4Oy
08-06-2011, 10:17 AM
Last night's episode...disturbing :(

Jethro
08-09-2011, 07:09 AM

Very much so, and on many different levels.

DoctorDodge
08-09-2011, 07:21 AM
Ok, you American bounders, now you've really got me looking forward to Thursday's ep! Disturbing, you say? Fantastic!

Jethro
08-09-2011, 09:39 AM
Did anyone else enjoy seeing Gareth David-Lloyd (Ianto) in Warehouse 13 last night?

Yaksha
08-09-2011, 10:31 AM
Now that I am finished with my Dr Who rewatch (at least until the new episodes start up) Time to watch Torchwood from the start. And so I go

DoctorDodge
08-14-2011, 12:40 PM

Very much so, and on many different levels.

Just watched it, and whilst it's not exactly the most disturbing ep I've watched of the show, I will agree it's pretty fucked up. Still moving too slowly for my liking, though.

ICry4Oy
08-14-2011, 04:13 PM
Real people actually say "whilst"?:wtf:

DoctorDodge
08-14-2011, 05:49 PM
Sure, people say "whilst" all the time. Why, only recently, one person used it in, "Real people actually say "whilst"?"

Bev Vincent
08-15-2011, 05:30 AM
Man, poor old Maloney had one really bad day, didn't he? And who know Esther had such mad skills?

candy
08-19-2011, 10:43 AM
Is anyone else getting a tad fed up of the actual lack of Torchwood (ie Cpt Jack) he is really a secondary character to the American duo and its starting to piss me off. I dont mind them bringing in new characters and new continents, but leave Cpt Jack as the main character please. Crikey even Gwen has been relegated

I am hoping that after last nights episode just found out that they have Gwens kids and hubbie) that these two magnificent characters will come more to the front again.

ICry4Oy
08-21-2011, 09:12 AM
Last night's episode should have satisfied that Jack craving as it was almost all Jack!

Bev Vincent
08-21-2011, 10:20 AM
It reminded me a bit of an episode of Lost -- all that flashback that ultimately ties in with the contemporary story.

Heather19
08-24-2011, 03:58 PM
Finally started watching Miracle Day. Just finished ep 5. :o
So far I'm really enjoying it. It's pretty different from the previous seasons, but I'm still thoroughly enjoying it. I haven't read much in here for fear of being spoiled because I'm still a few eps behind. But once I'm all caught up I'll be back.

DoctorDodge
08-25-2011, 12:58 PM
Well, that was much better! Finally, an ep all to Jack, some flashbacks, a few nice mentions of the Doctor and, best of all, some plot! Fantastic!

JameseyLefebure
08-26-2011, 12:47 AM
last night was just.....unreal!

I think that Eve literally acted her socks off! What an intense episode and i think it was amazing that -

at the end it was TORCHWOOD that saved the day. It was nice to see Rex and Esther (who I still think is going to end up kicking some serious arse!) save the day for a change. It just felt a bit more like the old team. I also really really liked how Gwen spoke of the death's of everyone in Torchwood.
Cannot wait until next week!

Jamesey
xxx

Heather19
08-28-2011, 10:34 AM
Finally all caught up! The last few episodes have been really good.

ICry4Oy
09-22-2011, 08:26 AM
So no love for the finale?

I liked that it wrapped everything up. Saw that ending coming at least halfway thru the episode though.

Am I the only one who heard Uncle Lewis in Christmas Vacation every time they mentioned "the blessing"?

candy
09-22-2011, 08:31 AM
I loved the final few eps. I think they could have cut an awful lot of crap out and made a really really good mini series. I think its very telling that RTD wrote the final episode

I saw that ending coming a mile off too. and its spoilt it in a way being so predictable. it also means that crappie Rex is back whenever they redo the series

Although Esther going was a shock

DoctorDodge
09-22-2011, 10:41 AM
I liked it, but I didn't love it. I have heard rumours that RTD did plan a 5 ep series, but Starz wanted 10. Just a rumour, of course, but it is a rumour that would fit with what we saw.

And it pissed me off a bit that the entire time, we were trying to work out what the hell "The Blessing" was, and what was the answer? "Dunno." There's a difference between being ambiguous and taking the piss out of the audience. Especially how unlikely the Doctor missing something like that the entire time would be!

candy
09-22-2011, 11:05 AM
depends on where he was doc
dr who spoilers based on TW time line, he could have been out of this universe (captured by THE HOUSE, or even going on the hunt for Amy when she was preggers

DoctorDodge
09-22-2011, 11:12 AM
Oh no, i don't mean the whole series. I mean "The Blessing", something that had been around for millions of years, and yet the Doctor never knew about it? Really? Idk, I just felt that the whole show was ok, but a bit of a wasted opportunity when exploring the possibility of a worldwide immortal population. Children of Earth had set the bar so high, with it's look at the political side of such a crisis, and that was kind of what I was looking forward to with Miracle Day: seeing such a concept to the fullest extent that a 10 hour series would allow. And yet while Miracle Day had twice as many eps as Children of Earth, it didn't have half as much depth. The weakest series next to series 1 so far, I think.

candy
09-24-2011, 02:06 AM
Oh I agree with you there, the weakest link - but I never really set the bar high when i found out it was being filmed in the states (no disrespect to the USA crew) but the whole think with the refurbished Torchwood, was that it was down and dirty. This new series seemed too polished for my liking

There was quite a few bits that did not sit true with me Doc, your quite right about the Dr not knowing about the Blessing prior to the events of Miracle day. There was also the fact that teh British government just 'let' Torchwood be kidnapped by the Americans. Really? So there was nothing the Uk government could do? Let the Yanks win the day again ......!!!!! hummmmmm

And it showed all teh nurses and doctors being so calm about killing people? again hmmmmmm

But by far the worst bit was the series lack of Torchwood characters, if it comes back again (which I am very unsure of) i will really have to raise its game. Anf its a shame, because once we actually got into the story it was really good, personally I would say from around the time they found the old guy and found out about the three families. Before that it was utter tosh.

Bev Vincent
09-28-2011, 11:57 AM
Yeah, I did feel it was a little stretched out but I enjoyed it in general. There was far too much talking during the finale, though. It didn't make sense that people would just stand around prattling with so much at stake.

Heather19
09-29-2011, 04:57 PM
I really enjoyed it, and I hope they do another season. My only gripe was similar to some of yours about the lack of the Torchwood we knew (especially Jack). And I wish we learned more about the blessing. Oh and I was very sad to see Esther go :(

Melike
05-20-2012, 11:15 AM
I am halfway through the second season. There is only one thing I hate about it so far: Almost in every episode people suddenly doubt about Jack at some point, after all they have been through, just because the didn't know anything about his past.
First Season's finale made me realise how much I missed the TARDIS.

DoctorDodge
05-20-2012, 11:17 AM
I know what you mean. I just loved that end of season cliffhanger leading into Utopia. Btw, in the penultimate ep, Captain Jack Harkness, did you spot both Bad Wolf and a Vote Saxon poster making little appearances in it?

Melike
05-20-2012, 12:46 PM
I know what you mean. I just loved that end of season cliffhanger leading into Utopia. Btw, in the penultimate ep, Captain Jack Harkness, did you spot both Bad Wolf and a Vote Saxon poster making little appearances in it?
I realized Vote Saxon poster but Bad Wolf... I don't remember that one. :blush: Got to go back to that episode now.

DoctorDodge
05-20-2012, 01:28 PM
It was a piece of graffiti, if i recall correctly. But yeah, that was basically the ep where all three of the first 3 "arc words" from Who showed up in Torchwood. Love & Monsters was the ep in Who that had all 3, too.

ICry4Oy
05-20-2012, 06:46 PM
Speaking of Torchwood, I met James Marsters yesterday at the Dallas Comic Con:

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7094/7238581406_a0989e6727.jpg

DoctorDodge
05-20-2012, 10:14 PM
Epic!

Melike
05-22-2012, 07:25 AM
I started to Season 3 today, any thoughts on it?
And my favorite episode was the one before the season finale; Fragments.

DoctorDodge
05-22-2012, 07:29 AM
Love Children of Earth! Very fast paced, but a story that packs a lot of punch, examining what happens when the world is faced with a horrible dilemma, not just on a personal scale, but on a political one, too. However, it is in some aspects considerably different to the first two series, but it is my favourite one.

Oh, and agreed: Fragments kicks ass! Also loved Exit Wounds, as well, for James Marsters as Captain John Hart alone!

Melike
05-22-2012, 08:41 AM
Love Children of Earth! Very fast paced, but a story that packs a lot of punch, examining what happens when the world is faced with a horrible dilemma, not just on a personal scale, but on a political one, too. However, it is in some aspects considerably different to the first two series, but it is my favourite one.

Oh, and agreed: Fragments kicks ass! Also loved Exit Wounds, as well, for James Marsters as Captain John Hart alone!

Yeah, John Hart is cool. I love the scene he welcomes Jack dancing with loud music at Torchwood base.

Your favorite one? Well, that's enough. :D Thanks.

DoctorDodge
05-22-2012, 09:34 AM
Well, there's no reason to trust my judgement. I wasn't the biggest fan of series 4, a bit too hit and miss overall, but a number of people seemed to love it. But I am really keen to know what you think of Children of Earth overall when you're done with it.

Yaksha
05-30-2012, 10:07 AM
I just finished Children of Earth and I have to get this out. I loved the series. I loved how tight of a story it was and it didn't get away from itself with bullshit that did not matter to the story. I liked how it showed how a political body would potentially react to one of the most horrifying situations I could ever possibly imagine. But most importantly, it was interesting watching the character arc of Jack and Gwen. It felt like a complete reversal of Jack's arc from Dr. Who. In DW he went from a coward to a more heroic figure who sacrifices himself for the greater good. In COE, he went from a heroic figure to a more darker individual who has to make an impossible choice and can not live with the consequences. As my favorite character in the Dr. Who universe, this opened up new feelings for him that I didn't think were possible. I know see Jack in a completely new light and am a little uneasy about it. I get why he did what he did, but at the same time, I can't believe he did what he did.

All in all I would rate Children of Earth as my favorite season of Torchwood. It was a heartbreaking season to say the least especially with Ianto's death. but it was one of the best seasons of a show I have ever seen. At the time of this writing I have yet to see Miracle Day but I am getting the entire season tomorrow so I will let yall know my feelings on it when I finish it. But, I will say after everything, Captain Jack Harkness is still my favorite Dr. Who character and COE just cemented him as favorite even more. Cheers

DoctorDodge
05-30-2012, 10:13 AM
I just finished Children of Earth and I have to get this out. I loved the series. I loved how tight of a story it was and it didn't get away from itself with bullshit that did not matter to the story. I liked how it showed how a political body would potentially react to one of the most horrifying situations I could ever possibly imagine. But most importantly, it was interesting watching the character arc of Jack and Gwen. It felt like a complete reversal of Jack's arc from Dr. Who. In DW he went from a coward to a more heroic figure who sacrifices himself for the greater good. In COE, he went from a heroic figure to a more darker individual who has to make an impossible choice and can not live with the consequences. As my favorite character in the Dr. Who universe, this opened up new feelings for him that I didn't think were possible. I know see Jack in a completely new light and am a little uneasy about it. I get why he did what he did, but at the same time, I can't believe he did what he did.

All in all I would rate Children of Earth as my favorite season of Torchwood. It was a heartbreaking season to say the least especially with Ianto's death. but it was one of the best seasons of a show I have ever seen. At the time of this writing I have yet to see Miracle Day but I am getting the entire season tomorrow so I will let yall know my feelings on it when I finish it. But, I will say after everything, Captain Jack Harkness is still my favorite Dr. Who character and COE just cemented him as favorite even more. Cheers

To all of the above: FUCK YEAH. I have said more than once that CoE is easily the best season of Torchwood, and shows how RTD and the rest of the production team really finally got to grips on how to write it. Miracle Day was, to me, a bit of a step back, but I'll let you judge for yourself. But yeah, nothing can really top CoE. Special props to be given to Peter Capaldi, who plays a politician that is completely different to another one he's more famous for over here, Malcolm Tucker. A really amazing actor.

Heather19
05-30-2012, 11:20 AM

I'm so glad you're finally watching Torchword! I love it. And I love Captain Jack. He's definitely a more complex character than his appearances in Who. And he's easily one of my all-time favorite characters. I hope you enjoy Miracle Day! I know some people disagree with me on it, but I loved it. It's got a few issues, but that didn't stop me from thoroughly enjoying it. I can't wait to hear what you think!

Melike
06-04-2012, 01:46 PM
Have just done with Miracle Day.
From the beginning to the end, I enjoyed every second of it. Never stopped creating curiousity. Even in the end.
Liked Children of Earth but this is definitely my favorite season. Feels like it gets better each season.

DoctorDodge
06-04-2012, 01:50 PM
Really? I wasn't as keen on Miracle Day as I was with Children of Earth. It just seemed to have the same amount of plot as CoE, but was twice as long. Not that I didn't enjoy it at all though. Idk, I'll eventually get round to watching that and seeing if it's any better on dvd than it was on tv.

Heather19
06-04-2012, 05:54 PM
From the beginning to the end, I enjoyed every second of it. Never stopped creating curiousity. Even in the end.
Liked Children of Earth but this is definitely my favorite season. Feels like it gets better each season.

Yay! I'm so glad you enjoyed it. It's one of my favorites as well. I didn't mind the length at all, in fact I actually preferred it. My only complaint is that I wish there was more Jack in it. But despite that, I really liked the storyline. Is it already picked up for another season, does anyone know?

Melike
06-06-2012, 09:06 AM

Yay! I'm so glad you enjoyed it. It's one of my favorites as well. I didn't mind the length at all, in fact I actually preferred it. My only complaint is that I wish there was more Jack in it. But despite that, I really liked the storyline. Is it already picked up for another season, does anyone know?
I have no idea, but it must be.

Really? I wasn't as keen on Miracle Day as I was with Children of Earth. It just seemed to have the same amount of plot as CoE, but was twice as long. Not that I didn't enjoy it at all though. Idk, I'll eventually get round to watching that and seeing if it's any better on dvd than it was on tv.
Like Heather, its length was better for me.

DoctorDodge
06-06-2012, 01:01 PM
Nope, it's not gonna continue until RTD's ready to do so, which he isn't just yet. Probably won't be for a while, anyway.

Yaksha
06-16-2012, 04:48 AM
4 episodes in on Miracle Day and I am enjoying it so far. I like the mystery of what is happening and I love the new characters of Esther and Rex (especially Rex, he rocks). Great to see Jack being Jack. Really good so far.

By the way best line ever. "What is it with you? You make everyone around you gay?" "That's the plan"

Heather19
06-16-2012, 06:29 AM
:thumbsup:
I really loved both of those characters as well. Glad to hear you're enjoying it.

Brice
06-16-2012, 06:31 AM
I watched a couple eps about a year ago. Now I'm watching all the way through for the first time.

Yaksha
06-17-2012, 06:43 AM
Just finished Miracle Day and I fucking loved every single second of it. Hands down my favorite season. I loved how they took such a great concept and turned it on it's head and made you seriously think about what the ramifications on no one being able to die. I love it when writers take an idea of what some people would consider to be ideal and fuck it up. I thought the Uk and Us cast mixed very well and i actually did not care about the length at all. I enjoy talking scenes, especially when it is all about morality and what the people in power think they have the right to do.

Rex was my favorite of the new characters. I loved his attitude and sarcasm. His interactions with Jack were priceless but his relationship with Esther is what made the two new characters. Their friendship was such a joy to watch and it was really heartbreaking how it ended. I am also glad to see how he ended the season. Him becoming just like Jack made me excited to see him in more seasons

I loved Jack's arc in this season especially since it was kind of a reversal from Children of Earth. In COH he went from a hero to a more darker morally absent character who did something morally wrong and could not handle the consequences. In Miracle Day he went from a darker character who still felt the pain of what he did to a hero who sacrifices himself for the world,even when he knew he was going to die. I loved his joy at being human again and him resolving to fight to save himself. \

All in all loved it and can not wait for another season.

Heather19
06-17-2012, 07:09 AM
I watched a couple eps about a year ago. Now I'm watching all the way through for the first time.

Excellent! :D

Brice
06-17-2012, 07:20 AM
:D

DoctorDodge
06-17-2012, 07:24 AM
Just finished Miracle Day and I fucking loved every single second of it. Hands down my favorite season. I loved how they took such a great concept and turned it on it's head and made you seriously think about what the ramifications on no one being able to die. I love it when writers take an idea of what some people would consider to be ideal and fuck it up. I thought the Uk and Us cast mixed very well and i actually did not care about the length at all. I enjoy talking scenes, especially when it is all about morality and what the people in power think they have the right to do.

Rex was my favorite of the new characters. I loved his attitude and sarcasm. His interactions with Jack were priceless but his relationship with Esther is what made the two new characters. Their friendship was such a joy to watch and it was really heartbreaking how it ended. I am also glad to see how he ended the season. Him becoming just like Jack made me excited to see him in more seasons

I loved Jack's arc in this season especially since it was kind of a reversal from Children of Earth. In COH he went from a hero to a more darker morally absent character who did something morally wrong and could not handle the consequences. In Miracle Day he went from a darker character who still felt the pain of what he did to a hero who sacrifices himself for the world,even when he knew he was going to die. I loved his joy at being human again and him resolving to fight to save himself. \

All in all loved it and can not wait for another season.

I think I'll have to watch it again. I think having it on a week by week basis actually took away from it a bit - with Children of Earth, it was one ep after another in a single week, a form of non-stop pace. With this, having weeks in between eps just might've made it lose some of its pace and details from earlier in the season were forgotten by the end. Got the complete set on blu-ray, so when I get round that, I'll give some thoughts on the story as a whole.

Heather19
06-17-2012, 08:20 AM
Oh please do, I really hope you enjoy it more this time.

mystima
11-04-2012, 08:46 PM
Can not find Miracle Day anywhere....it's not on Netflix anymore because they ended their contract with Starz....grrrr....anyone know where I can find it?

Melike
12-18-2012, 11:38 AM
Torchwood is missed.

Bev Vincent
12-18-2012, 12:00 PM
Amazon instant video: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B008133MWG/ref=tmm_aiv_title_0

mystima
12-19-2013, 05:49 AM
well I found it...they put it back on netflix...did a whole marathon run of the whole last season in one go....I liked the story they told and the Doctor Who references in it...one of the things I would like to see would be they bring Jack back into Who and have him explain Rex.

Fall of Gilead
12-19-2013, 06:36 AM
The second series I enjoyed more than the first and a devestating ending as well.