PDA

View Full Version : Fringe (spoilers too)

Pages : 1 [2]

Bev Vincent
03-25-2011, 07:08 AM
Yeah, I first saw this through a Damon Lindelhof tweet that started: in an alternate universe, Fringe has been canceled...

Melike
04-09-2011, 01:56 AM
I thought I didn't like Fauxlivia, but when I thought she would die delivering the baby, I realized I liked the character.

I am so happy that Fringe continues. I can not say that it is the best tv show, but I must admit that it is my favorite ever. Glad I am not in that alternate universe.

Ricky
04-09-2011, 06:42 AM
I was wondering where you went off to, Melike. :couple:

I felt the same way you did. Earlier in the season when she was replacing Olivia, I really hated her, but this episode really helped to establish that she's a person too. When I saw the promos for Bloodline and Fauxlivia's stomach was pulsating, I thought she was giving birth to some creature or something! Turns out it was only the accelerated growth of the baby. :lol:

Only 4 episodes left this season and still so much to get to: the Observers, First People, Sam Weiss, the Machine, Bellivia...

Melike
04-09-2011, 02:02 PM
I didn't have the chance to see the episode untill yesterday, Ricky.
I hope they do not skip details just to give everything till the season finale.

ICry4Oy
04-17-2011, 10:56 AM
This week's episode = BRILLIANT!

Ricky
04-17-2011, 11:31 AM
Broyles made me laugh out loud. :lol:

MonteGss
04-17-2011, 01:01 PM
Great episode! I'm liking S3 a lot and glad it was renewed for another. :)

Merlin1958
04-17-2011, 03:59 PM
That was a "classic" episode this week!!!!!!! Loved the animation sequences and Broyles!!!!!!!!!!!

ICry4Oy
04-17-2011, 05:55 PM
Broyles had me laughing so much I had to keep rewinding to see what I missed.

mystima
04-18-2011, 10:49 AM
i want to knowwho the guy was that Olivia said was going to kill her. and her attitude towards everything was like changed. she had no fear and was just casual about the guy she had drawn. hhhmmmmm...

Bev Vincent
04-18-2011, 11:11 AM
It's not surprising that her attitude changed -- that was the revelation William Bell said she had in her cartoon world.

“You have never felt safe. You are your own worst enemy. You took the opportunity to let your fears overwhelm you. But you just fought back. You’re just as strong as Walter and I always believed you were. And now you know it, too.”

mystima
04-18-2011, 11:45 AM
I know that is what makes it awesome....can't wait for the next episode...and of course the actor who plays Broyles is awesome as well....who knew he had such range...first he sings now he can do comedy...now all we need for him to do is..never mind let it be a surprise...hahaha

Ricky
04-18-2011, 12:01 PM
Someone else brought up a point that I thought was interesting:

Anyone notice that Olivia's mind/consciousness is more situated in the alt-universe?

Bev Vincent
04-18-2011, 12:48 PM
Yeah, I thought that, too. The zeppelin, the towers. Falls under the category of "things she fears"?

Ricky
05-01-2011, 02:05 PM
3x21: The Last Sam Weiss

Wow. What a fantastic set-up for the finale next week! Turns out Sam Weiss isn't entirely the mysterious guy we thought he was. I didn't even think of the "last" Sam Weiss referring to generation.

I really liked that Olivia was the "crowbar" and that Peter actually got into the machine this time (something that seemed like a long time coming). Some interesting points of fate vs. free will there.

The ending totally threw me for a loop. That's a twist that's finale worthy, so I'm wondering what the writers have up their sleeves for next week. I'm wondering how long Peter in the future is going to last. Just for the finale, or are they showing us a glimpse of what S4 holds? Regardless, I'm really excited to see where it's all going.

Oh, and I love how, even in deep turmoil, Walter can be coaxed by Astrid with the promise of food. :lol:

Melike
05-03-2011, 04:44 AM
Have you seen the promo of the season finale? Oh... It looks like we will be left in great curiosity, and I already started to be impatient for season four. <_<

Bev Vincent
05-03-2011, 05:48 AM
Whenever I hear "Sam Weiss" I think Samwise -- i.e., Sam from Lord of the Rings.

Ricky
05-03-2011, 06:21 AM
I know what you mean, Melike. I read an interview with the producers saying that almost all questions we have right now will be answered by the end of the finale, but there's so many! And on top of the 2 universes, now we've got a future world (but which one?) to speculate about as well.

Merlin1958
05-04-2011, 09:23 PM
That was a pretty darn good episode.

Loved Walters weakness for pudding!!!!! LOL

Melike
05-07-2011, 12:30 AM
Oh my goodness!
What a finale! I loved it to the bits. They answered enough question; and created new ones.
There were some scenes that were beautiful and artistic:
ღ.To me, Walter and Walternate at the same place, looking into each other's eyes, was the most valuable event of televison show history.
ღ.The way obsevers seemed, in front of the Statue of Liberty, made a mysterious picture to look at.
ღ.Olivia's grown control over her ability.

Whenever I hear "Sam Weiss" I think Samwise -- i.e., Sam from Lord of the Rings.
Well caught. I haven't realized that, though the name rang a bell before.

I know what you mean, Melike. I read an interview with the producers saying that almost all questions we have right now will be answered by the end of the finale, but there's so many! And on top of the 2 universes, now we've got a future world (but which one?) to speculate about as well.
I think it will be about a third universe.

That was a pretty darn good episode.
Loved Walters weakness for pudding!!!!! LOL
I do not know anything not lovely about Walter.

Ricky
05-07-2011, 06:50 AM
I'm glad that you enjoyed it, Melike! I'm watching it tonight. There's so many questions and so many different ways they could take the story right now, I'm excited to see where it goes. I'll just ask you one thing though: on a scale of 1-10, how fantastic was the ending?

Melike
05-07-2011, 02:17 PM
Ricky it is so hard for me to be objective about Fringe which has a way with me. So all I can say that it was a 10 for me. :D
This scene reminded me the scene that Neo had stepped outside the Chateau of Merovingian and found himself on a distant land, in Matrix Reloaded.http://black-celebration.net/caps/albums/fringe/3x21/3x21_0298.jpg

Ricky
05-07-2011, 03:03 PM
Awesome! I can't wait until I can discuss it with you.

Merlin1958
05-07-2011, 06:42 PM
I'd love to hear what others made of the Observer comments re: Peter at the very end.

Namely that he didn't exist and never did. Think Peter may actually be an Observer, or a mechanism of sorts created by them?

Thoughts?

Cook
05-07-2011, 08:44 PM
Big Fringe fan here, 1st post to this thread.
I feel like the writing gets better with each new show and the acting in tonight's show was stellar, best to date.
Not sure what I felt about the ending, I saved it on my DVR, I gotta run through it one more time.

Bev Vincent
05-08-2011, 06:17 AM
It was a very Doctor Who-esque finale.

Last season of Doctor Who had a lot to do with people being sucked into the void of the universe, which meant that they never existed and people didn't remember them. How can they possibly get Peter back, though, if there's no one around to remember that he ever existed. And what does that mean in terms of Faux-livia's son with Peter. How could Walternate start the machine with Peter's son's DNA if Peter never existed? I sure hope they have answers to a lot of big questions up their sleeves.

with traces of Lost.

For some reason, the funeral scene reminded me of something out of Lost. Even the score was reminiscent of that show.

Ricky
05-08-2011, 06:45 AM
I watched the finale last night and I still don't know what to think of it.

First though, I loved the black title sequence.

Now we know that it was future-Walter who is responsible for bringing Peter's consciousness into the future while in the machine. But how did he do it? I'm wondering if there's going to be more episodes set in the future like the finale, or if we're pretty much done with that. It seemed like Peter was able to change the future that he saw, right? Or if in changing the future, he's creating the past?

A couple big questions on my part though:

How did Peter bring Fauxlivia and Walternate over here (Walternate originally said that when his world ended, he came over our side in an effort to make a plea with our side and was trapped here. So now tha Peter brought him over, I'm guessing Peter did change something).

What did Peter mean when he said he, Walter, Olivia, etc. were the Frist People?

How does Peter cease to exist/be remembered? The reason that Olivia and co. are in that room naer the machine are directly because of Peter.

It'll be interesting to see how everything plays out. I think I need to watch it again to catch anything I might've missed. All I know is that the writers better be ready yo deiver some big answers next season.

Bev Vincent
05-08-2011, 08:55 AM
They're the first people, because they were the ones (Walter especially) who sent the machine back to the Paleozoic era via the worm hole and possibly also created the book that led to it. Using the machine, Peter created a channel between the two worlds, so that room at the end was essentially an overlay of the surroundings of the machine in the two universes. A quantum entanglement, if you like.

Ricky
05-08-2011, 09:05 AM
Okay, that's what I thought. I'm curious to see more about the sending back of the machine, though. It seemed Walter's explanation was rather quick, and if you turned away for a second, you might've missed it.

Merlin1958
05-08-2011, 06:15 PM
Glad I tivo "Fringe". I gotta go back and watch the last 3 or 4 episodes in a row.

Ricky
05-08-2011, 06:18 PM
Tell me about it. Since yesterday, I've been having two thoughts, one after the other: "I love Fringe" and "4 months until season 4! Damn!" :lol:

Melike
05-26-2011, 09:44 AM
Ricky. I know, I know. Waiting is not easy at all. :)

Ricky
05-26-2011, 10:50 AM
Well after re-watching the S3 finale, I have solidified my opinion that it wasn't up-to-par with the rest of the season. It was too much "what if" rather than a continuation of the storyline that we've had all season. I enjoyed it both times (it's Fringe, after all), but felt as if it was missing something. I was waiting for a moment to come and scream "THIS IS THE FRINGE FINALE!" but such a moment never came. For a finale, it was rather calm and slow paced. I almost wish that they would've ended the season on the penultimate episode. That felt like a finale to me.

candy
06-18-2011, 05:18 AM
I am on the run at the moment, but I will be back to read all your thoughts. I just wanted to call in and say Hi

oh and

WTF!!!!!! where My Peter gone???????????????????????????????????

Melike
06-21-2011, 07:55 AM
I'm bored. Next season, please be quick. :tapsfoot:

Ricky
06-21-2011, 08:26 AM
September, where are you?!

Melike
06-21-2011, 08:33 AM
Not in the cupboard. Not under the bed. *sigh* :(

Ricky
06-21-2011, 11:03 AM
Guess we just have to wait like everyone else. :(

Ricky
06-23-2011, 06:18 PM
FOX just announced that Season 4 of Fringe will premiere on Friday, September 23rd from 9:00pm-10:00pm. :panic:

Bev Vincent
06-24-2011, 02:06 AM
Confused by Fringe? Don't be. Season 4 will be 'like a new pilot' (http://blastr.com/2011/06/confused-by-fringe-dont-b.php)

Ricky
06-24-2011, 06:31 AM
It would be really interesting if they wrote in alt-David Robert Jones into Season 4.

Also, I recently read in an interview with Anna that the writers have pitched their plans for seasons 5, 6, and 7 to FOX and plan to end the show at Season 7. They've also pretty much written the final episode of Fringe.

I'll have to find the link to the interview.

Ricky
09-07-2011, 03:46 PM
Is anyone planning to do a re-watch before Season 4 on the 23rd? I think I'm just going to do Season 3. Need to finish up Dexter first, but that's what I'll be moving on to!

Hannah
09-07-2011, 04:26 PM
I don't think I'll ever have to do a rewatch of anything Aaron has seen ever again. He has a strangely accurate and complete memory of every episode but can't remember that I asked him to put the laundry in the dryer. :rolleyes:

Ricky
09-08-2011, 05:17 PM
:lol:

You might not need to re-watch, but you should. :D

Melike
09-10-2011, 08:52 AM
It would be really interesting if they wrote in alt-David Robert Jones into Season 4.

Also, I recently read in an interview with Anna that the writers have pitched their plans for seasons 5, 6, and 7 to FOX and plan to end the show at Season 7. They've also pretty much written the final episode of Fringe.

I'll have to find the link to the interview.

FOX just announced that Season 4 of Fringe will premiere on Friday, September 23rd from 9:00pm-10:00pm. :panic:

Wow. I am so excited. I missed Walter.

I do not plan to re-watch. There are lots of things to catch up with.

mystima
09-10-2011, 09:44 PM
arrrrggg....:onfire: that interferes with Haven...will have to figure out how that will work...darn it all....:pullhair:

candy
09-11-2011, 02:02 AM
Anyone any idea when its back on in the UK? we were quite lucky last season, we were only about 2 weeks behind

Melike
09-12-2011, 04:24 AM
Some cool links:
:borg:FRINGE WEB SERIES: Past + Present + Future (http://www.fringebloggers.com/fringe-web-series-past-present-future/)
:borg:FRINGE: Season 4 Episode 3 Title Revealed (http://www.fringebloggers.com/season-4-episode-3-alone-in-the-world/)
:borg:FRINGE: Season 4 Marketing Clues — Analysis (http://seriable.com/fringe-season-4-marketing-clues-analysis/)
:borg:FRINGE Observer Becomes A PERSON OF INTEREST (http://seriable.com/fringe-observer-becomes-a-person-of-interest/)
:borg:Seriable Predict: FRINGE — Most Changed In The Peter-less? (Including a poll) (http://seriable.com/seriable-predict-fringe-most-changed-in-the-peter-less/)
:borg:Here is a new commercial for the Fringe season 4 premiere episode, airing Friday, Sept. 23. (http://www.fringetelevision.com/2011/09/here-is-new-commercial-for-fringe.html)

Hannah
09-21-2011, 05:58 PM
Has everyone already seen this? It cracked me up. Also ... this Friday!

http://www.fringetelevision.com/2011/07/peter-bishop-audition-selects-from.html

(It's a video of random celebrities trying out for the role of Peter Bishop.)

ICry4Oy
09-22-2011, 06:35 AM
One............more................day............ ..:excited:

candy
09-22-2011, 08:33 AM
peeks in (with hands over face in case)

Fringe starts again here in the UK next Wed 28.09

Ricky
09-22-2011, 11:56 AM
Has everyone already seen this? It cracked me up. Also ... this Friday!

I saw that awhile back and liked it as well. My favorite was the Michael Emerson "audition". :lol:

And I started my re-watch last night. I forgot how much I love/missed this show.

Merlin1958
09-22-2011, 07:32 PM
Less than 24 Hours!!!!!

:dance:

ICry4Oy
09-29-2011, 08:56 AM
First, any series that starts out the season with Joe Flanigan sans pants is A-O-K by me!!!!!!!!

Loved the return but I hope they don't drag the whole Peter thing out over the entire season. But I do like the addition of Agent Lee. Love Walter seeing the strange man in the tv/mirror/window/etc. and think there is a lot of fun to be had with that.

Ricky
09-29-2011, 11:44 AM
In the interviews I've read with producers, etc., Peter will be back by episode 4.

mystima
09-29-2011, 08:35 PM
oh thank the heavens. I did like the whole "man in reflections" concept and the fact that the observers are getting into the series more with emotions and whatnot. what I want to know is why they were going to blow up Walter in the first place.

Merlin1958
09-30-2011, 07:35 AM
oh thank the heavens. I did like the whole "man in reflections" concept and the fact that the observers are getting into the series more with emotions and whatnot. what I want to know is why they were going to blow up Walter in the first place.

Wasn't that because Walter was deemed the "Pebble in the Time-Stream" for taking Peter from the A/U instead of leaving him dead as originally "engineered"? Or, do I need to go back and re-watch? LOL LOL

candy
09-30-2011, 08:37 AM
Yeah I am only 2 days behind you so I have a window to come in here and discuss

First, any series that starts out the season with Joe Flanigan sans pants is A-O-K by me!!!!!!!!
Loved the return but I hope they don't drag the whole Peter thing out over the entire season. But I do like the addition of Agent Lee. Love Walter seeing the strange man in the tv/mirror/window/etc. and think there is a lot of fun to be had with that.

Amen to that - after his twitter Fringe rambling though I expected him to be in for a lot longer

In regards to the new series, i agree that I hope they dont span it out - however they have made me happy be mentioning (albeit through a mirror etc) that peter is still around and not leavin it for ages before a mention was made.

Also I love that they made walter even madder - because as Astrid said 'he had nothing to anchor him to this world' <-- love that saying btw

Also did anyone else feel that Astrid was a little sharper with Walter than she normally is - I am guessing because he is more hard work without peter

Just one final thing and this may sound strange

i know Alt Olivia worked with Lincoln Lee - but can anyone tell me when out world Olivia worked with him? Or was it just the Alt Lee that she worked with?

ICry4Oy
09-30-2011, 10:36 AM
Agent Lee in our universe worked with the Fringe team in one episode - the one with the woman who supposedly couldn't die.

Yep, more Joe would always be a good thing!

Merlin1958
09-30-2011, 08:30 PM
Agent Lee in our universe worked with the Fringe team in one episode - the one with the woman who supposedly couldn't die.

Yep, more Joe would always be a good thing!

If memory serves, he's an FBI agent, right?

Hannah
09-30-2011, 09:40 PM
I loved tonight's epi. Specifically how the whole storyline draws us back to thinking about Peter.

Merlin1958
10-01-2011, 03:13 PM
I loved tonight's epi. Specifically how the whole storyline draws us back to thinking about Peter.

Yes, EXACTLY!!! Haunting and creepy, foreshadowing-type ending

mystima
10-03-2011, 02:09 PM
I liked what agent Broyles (sp?) said about how some people leave an indelible mark on those that mean the most to us. and then the next scene is about how Walter can hear Peter.
that was just awesome.

Merlin1958
10-03-2011, 02:13 PM
I liked what agent Broyles (sp?) said about how some people leave an indelible mark on those that mean the most to us. and then the next scene is about how Walter can hear Peter.
that was just awesome.

Yeah, I caught that too and it was!!!

Hannah
10-08-2011, 12:30 PM
I liked parts of last night's episode, but didn't like the whole symbitotic fungus thing. It was kind of blah to me...

mystima
10-08-2011, 06:22 PM
Yeah that type of story has been overdone in other series similar to this....

I was really glad Walter didn't hurt himself to bad and that him and Olivia are remembering Peter and that together they will figure it all out.

Hannah
10-09-2011, 09:19 AM
I really loved the ending when she brought out the picture she'd drawn and Walter was so relieved because he finally realized he wasn't crazy. Also, does this mean we might get Peter back next episode?

Ricky
10-09-2011, 01:51 PM
2 episodes left in my Season 3 re-watch before I can start the new one. :D

Hannah
10-14-2011, 10:49 AM
So ... kind of a crossover question. Does anyone who watches It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia catch last night's episode guest starring none other than ....

Lance Reddick (Philip Broyles on Fringe).

It was hilarious. Especially the part where he was supposed to be a Black Panther.

candy
10-15-2011, 02:57 AM
I just have a couple of questions :unsure:

Broyles spoiler series 3

Did Agent Broyles (alt) not die in the previous series? when our Olivia came back over, Alt Walt sent Broyles dead body back into out world? I understand that Peters 'disappearance' has changed some things, but I don't understand how this would have changed? As our Olivia got Alt Broyles to help her cross over without anything to do with Peter??

Alt Olivia spoiler
We know she had Peters baby, and I am presuming this winked out of existence when peter 'disappeared' - when he comes back do we think the baby will come back too? Cause that will cause a whole heap of problems

I really loved the ending when she brought out the picture she'd drawn and Walter was so relieved because he finally realized he wasn't crazy. Also, does this mean we might get Peter back next episode?

I am so pleased about this, I was hoping it didn't drag out and out and get really frustrating that Walter and everyone else thought he was going madder. I thought it was a really touching moment as Olivia and Walter had not really had that much to do with each other this series

mystima
10-15-2011, 05:53 PM
I just have a couple of questions :unsure:

Broyles spoiler series 3

Did Agent Broyles (alt) not die in the previous series? when our Olivia came back over, Alt Walt sent Broyles dead body back into out world? I understand that Peters 'disappearance' has changed some things, but I don't understand how this would have changed? As our Olivia got Alt Broyles to help her cross over without anything to do with Peter??

Alt Olivia spoiler
We know she had Peters baby, and I am presuming this winked out of existence when peter 'disappeared' - when he comes back do we think the baby will come back too? Cause that will cause a whole heap of problems

I am so pleased about this, I was hoping it didn't drag out and out and get really frustrating that Walter and everyone else thought he was going madder. I thought it was a really touching moment as Olivia and Walter had not really had that much to do with each other this series

I think that the Broyles that we are seeing is the one that is ours and he is head of both divisions. that would be the only thing that makes sense to me.

Hannah
10-25-2011, 03:21 PM
Peter!

That's all.

mystima
02-12-2012, 11:46 PM
What the hell is Nina doing? I guess because Peter wasn't in the picture she became a psycho or that she is actually a shifter. I wonder what they are doing to Olivia are they dosing her with cortexifan (sp) again without her knowledge. I saw them inject something in her neck in one episode.

ICry4Oy
02-18-2012, 10:01 AM
Good episode last night but next week looks GRRRREAT!

Hannah
02-18-2012, 02:39 PM
I can't wait to find out more about the Observers! I loved seeing Olivia happy and smiling again. I've suspected all along that it's possible that Peter (and everyone else) has it wrong - there is no separate timeline.

Ricky
02-19-2012, 09:57 AM
Yes! It was nice to (seemingly) have our Olivia back. You can really tell which Olivia we're seeing. Anna is amazingly talented.

Really looking forward to next week. Observers AND more Olivia stuff? :excited:

Merlin1958
02-20-2012, 09:02 AM
Yes! It was nice to (seemingly) have our Olivia back. You can really tell which Olivia we're seeing. Anna is amazingly talented.

Really looking forward to next week. Observers AND more Olivia stuff? :excited:

Must be tough arriving on the set and wondering "OK, which "Olivia" am I today and are there more"?

Ricky
02-20-2012, 04:07 PM

Ricky
02-24-2012, 02:16 PM
I submitted a question to Sandra over at EW.com and she used (and answered!) it in her Spoiler Room article! I thought it was pretty cool!

http://insidetv.ew.com/2012/02/24/fringe-ncis-grimm-how-i-met-your-mother-spoiler-room/

mystima
02-24-2012, 07:18 PM
With tonight's episode a few questions I had were answered but brought up another one....seeing Nina Sharp was a shape shifter...does that mean that Broyles has a real counterpart that is not dead and just hidden away?

Bev Vincent
02-27-2012, 07:24 AM
I don't think Nina is a shape shifter, because people who are used for shapes are killed. She could, however, be the other world's Nina. We know that Broyles over there is not a good guy.

I hate that we have to wait a month now for the next episode, but at the same time I'm sort of glad, as I'm on a book deadline for April 1 and that will give me an extra hour each week to work on it!

Ricky
03-21-2012, 01:41 PM
Interesting info. from a Joshua Jackson interview:

CS: What's in store for Peter and company?

Jackson: For the first time, the writers are committing themselves to real answers about what the Observers are, who they are and what their agenda is. Not all the episodes, but most of them, deal with the repercussions of what's about to happen.

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=88148

Bev Vincent
03-21-2012, 02:14 PM
We got some of that in a recent episode.

Ricky
03-21-2012, 03:35 PM
Yes, but the interview was just posted today, which gives me the impression that Jackson is referring to upcoming episodes.

Ricky
03-22-2012, 03:30 PM
Rebecca Mader to Guest on Fringe

Fringe ended last season with a disappearing act for Peter. In May's season finale, it's Olivia who'll be getting lost. Well, she'll be getting a visit from a Lost alum, Rebecca Mader, who played Charlotte.

Rebecca's character, Jessica, appears in the last two episodes of the season (or series, depending on whether or not Fox picks it up). Producers are keeping quiet on specifics, but they tell me Jessica is a strong, brave woman involved in a case linked to supervillain David Robert Jones.

"She will have an emotional connection with Olivia," adds executive producer J.H. Wyman. "They may find out they have more in common then they first thought."

Jessica will go on to interact with both Peter and Walter, but I got a firm "no comment" when asked if she could turn out to be a love interest for Peter or if she could return should the series be back for a fifth season. "To answer those questions would reveal a little too much," says executive producer Jeff Pinkner. "The finale in many ways is our characters' final battle."

Bev Vincent
03-24-2012, 10:51 AM
I really liked the way this week's episode ended. And nice use of The Friends of Mr. Cairo.

Ricky
04-26-2012, 04:01 PM
YESS!!! :excited:

http://insidetv.ew.com/2012/04/26/fringe-final-season/

Bev Vincent
04-27-2012, 02:24 AM
Awesome news!

Bev Vincent
04-28-2012, 08:10 AM
Fantastic episode this week to set up the two-hour finale. And they get to use the version of the finale where they don't wrap everything up, like they might have done if it hadn't been renewed. Wonderful scenes between Walter/Walternate and Olivia/Fauxlivia. I'm glad the show is being given a chance to wrap up properly.

Merlin1958
04-28-2012, 04:44 PM
Fantastic episode this week to set up the two-hour finale. And they get to use the version of the finale where they don't wrap everything up, like they might have done if it hadn't been renewed. Wonderful scenes between Walter/Walternate and Olivia/Fauxlivia. I'm glad the show is being given a chance to wrap up properly.

Here, here!!!!!!! Couldn't agree more!!!!!

Jimimck
04-29-2012, 05:40 PM
Gee I didn't even know there was a chance it wasn't going to be picked up! So glad to hear we get another season, but sad its only going to be one more season...

Merlin1958
04-30-2012, 12:21 AM
Gee I didn't even know there was a chance it wasn't going to be picked up! So glad to hear we get another season, but sad its only going to be one more season...

While I do love the show, I feel it is "right" to end it with one final season. The story line, as it is, has to play out to a conclusion, no? I mean, I suppose they could "milk it" for a while, but it has kinda come to a "head" recently IMHO

Melike
04-30-2012, 05:07 AM
YESS!!! :excited:

http://insidetv.ew.com/2012/04/26/fringe-final-season/
It is one of the greatest news I've heard in this week. :)

Here, here!!!!!!! Couldn't agree more!!!!!
Definitely.
The last two episodes were my favorites, especially the future that observers rule the world. I still wonder how they will connect that episode to the show.

Ricky
04-30-2012, 07:44 AM
I think Friday's episode is one of my favorites of the entire series. Just so good. And turning off the machine? Wow. Didn't see that one coming at all.

Looking forward to the 2-part finale!

Melike
04-30-2012, 07:51 AM
I couldn't see the observers would do that kind of thing too. Waiting for the finale. Do you know anything about William Bell? Is he gonna show up again? You know it is mentioned that he had done something to Olivia that Walter can not forgive.

Merlin1958
04-30-2012, 08:48 AM
I couldn't see the observers would do that kind of thing too. Waiting for the finale. Do you know anything about William Bell? Is he gonna show up again? You know it is mentioned that he had done something to Olivia that Walter can not forgive.

I think they will "dance" around William Bell some more, but that doesn't negate his impact. IMHO they finally will get Jones in the finale, but will have residual issues to deal with.

Melike
04-30-2012, 09:01 AM

I think they will "dance" around William Bell some more, but that doesn't negate his impact. IMHO they finally will get Jones in the finale, but will have residual issues to deal with.

Well, I hope so, it would be cool to see him again.

Melike
05-12-2012, 07:52 AM
Awesome finale!
More September, more William Bell...
The Insider: Michael Cerveris Talks Fringe and Evita (http://www.theinsider.com/tv/52187_Michael_Cerveris_Talks_Fringe_and_Evita/index.html)

Ricky
05-12-2012, 09:02 AM
I'm going to watch it tonight. How would you rank it among the other finales, Melike?

Melike
05-12-2012, 09:21 AM
I'm going to watch it tonight. How would you rank it among the other finales, Melike?
Best to me. I would like to hear your opinions about it. Watch it quickly. :P :couple:

Ricky
05-12-2012, 09:28 AM

I'm going to re-watch Part 1 and then go right into Part 2. I'm hoping that it's good.

Bev Vincent
05-12-2012, 12:40 PM
Awesome finale. I wonder if Rebecca Mader got that part because she could do that really (really) creepy thing with her eyes. Man that was creepy. (Did I mention it was creepy?)

I was afraid that post-shooting Olivia was going to change her mind about being with Peter. That scene was done really well.

Now we wait -- for the final 13 episodes. I guess the future-leap episode will play a big part in that.

Merlin1958
05-12-2012, 05:26 PM
Awesome finale. I wonder if Rebecca Mader got that part because she could do that really (really) creepy thing with her eyes. Man that was creepy. (Did I mention it was creepy?)

I was afraid that post-shooting Olivia was going to change her mind about being with Peter. That scene was done really well.

Now we wait -- for the final 13 episodes. I guess the future-leap episode will play a big part in that.

My official guess is the "Future-People" are coming!!!

mystima
05-12-2012, 10:43 PM
I am a week and a day behind and just watched part 1 of the season finale.... her abilities are getting better with the new dosage of cortexifan(sp?)I loved how they did the whole skin puppet thing with Olivia and Peter, as in her being able to take over the fight for Peter. That was just awesome.

mystima
05-13-2012, 07:24 PM
Just read an Interview with Leonard Nimoy. Here is a quote.

You seem so busy. Do you really, truly consider yourself retired?

Nimoy: Yeah, I do. I am. Look, I liken myself to a steamship that’s been going full-blast and the captain pulls that handle back and then says, “Full stop,” but the ship doesn’t stop. It keeps moving from inertia. It keeps moving. It keeps moving. It’ll start slowing down, but it doesn’t stop. It doesn’t come to a dead stop. That’s the way I am. I still have a few odds and ends things that I enjoy doing. I don’t want to get up in the morning and have nothing to do that day. That would be boring.

And here is the whole interview (http://www.startrek.com/article/leonard-nimoy-talks-tees-trek-and-more-part-2).

Ricky
05-14-2012, 07:40 AM
Well, I watched Part 2 of the finale Saturday night and it was pretty good. Not a bad finale, but definitely not my favorite. I loved Bell's dialogue, Astrid's survival (though, who thought they would really kill her off?), September's appearances, and Jessica's re-animation. Holy crap, that was terrifying (and very well acted)! Probably one of the creepiest things I've ever seen on Fringe. :scared:

Overall, I was expecting and hoping for something "bigger" to happen in the finale. It didn't feel like there was as much tension or suspense as there has been in past finales. Something like Peter going into the machine last season, for example. Also, it would've been nice for the episode to focus more on Bell creating the new world. It didn't seem like we got enough coverage on that for something that was going to cause the destruction of two universes.

If the Observers erased Peter from time to put everything "like it should," shouldn't they have known that Peter coming back would lead to Observergeddon (unless they really didn't expect him to come back)? And what the heck. You'd think that Peter would at least mention his time-hopping journey since last season's finale.

Some questions to ponder during the summer:

Where did Bell go? Alt-universe?

Judging from the finale scene, are we still on the path to Observaggedon seen in Letters of Transit (and did September look totally healthy to anyone else)?

Bev Vincent
05-14-2012, 08:52 AM
I think they were a bit handicapped in not knowing if they were going to be renewed or not. They had to film two versions, one that would have aired if they were canceled.

Doesn't Bell end up in the amber in the future? It will be interesting to find out how that comes about. Assuming the future is inevitable.

Ricky
05-14-2012, 10:57 AM
It seems like it was a potential "wrap-up," yeah. But I read that that actually didn't film two versions of the ending. They thought about it, but ultimately didn't have time.

Bell was in the amber in Letters of Transit, so I too am wondering how he ended up there. It seems like there's a lot more story to be given with Bell and his relationship with Walter, so hopefully Nimoy will sign on for the final season. Personally, I'm hoping the future we saw in 4x19 is not inevitable.

mystima
05-14-2012, 03:44 PM
I watch on Hulu and a lot of the comments there suggested that the future episode might be a spin off....now that would be interesting if it was...but just a comment not an actual fact.

Melike
05-15-2012, 12:51 AM
Weren't they already in the Alt-universe when Bell dissappeared?

And... In the Letters of Transit, we didn't see Olivia. Bell was in the Amber, but where was Olivia?

Bev Vincent
05-15-2012, 02:08 AM
Though it wasn't stated outright, there was an implication that Olivia was dead when Peter met their daughter

Ricky
05-15-2012, 09:49 AM
Yeah, that's kind of how it came off to me, although we only got references to what "Bell did" to Olivia. Testing? Murder? Captivity? Guess we'll have to wait until Fall to find out (if they go with the Observageddon future).

Merlin1958
05-15-2012, 03:19 PM
Weren't they already in the Alt-universe when Bell dissappeared?

And... In the Letters of Transit, we didn't see Olivia. Bell was in the Amber, but where was Olivia?

Yes. I believe you are correct.

fernandito
05-31-2012, 10:28 AM
Avoiding all other posts on this page, say sorry! But I just watched the first two episodes last weekend and I have to say I freakin' LOVED them. I'll probably take the plunge and buy Seasons 1 and 2 on Amazon in the weeks to come.

Ricky
05-31-2012, 11:32 AM
YESS! I knew you'd love it, feev. Pay no attention to James. :D

DoctorDodge
05-31-2012, 04:13 PM
YESS! I knew you'd love it, feev. Pay no attention to James. :D

Be fair! I actually enjoyed it, if you recall! Now you're disagreeing with me even when I enjoy the shows you love? Pfft, no pleasing you. :P

Ricky
06-01-2012, 07:34 AM
:rofl:

Don't say that. I just watched eps. 1-6 of Doctor Who.

No I didn't. :lol:

DoctorDodge
06-01-2012, 07:47 AM
Sherlock first. Then Life on Mars. Then Who. In that order.

Heather19
06-01-2012, 07:52 AM
Wait, Who is third! :panic:

Ricky
06-01-2012, 07:54 AM
What is going on with the world?! :panic:

DoctorDodge
06-01-2012, 07:56 AM
I'm just going by what you're more likely to enjoy/watch, Ricky! :lol:

Melike
06-04-2012, 01:56 PM
Best to do is, to...

http://hulza.files.wordpress.com/2012/03/spartacus-spartacus-blood-and-sand-15630488-1680-1050.jpg

...kill watch them all.

DoctorDodge
06-12-2012, 06:24 AM
Ok, just popping in here real quick.

Regarding the ending to season 1...while at first, I was unsure about it, even beginning to dislike it at the very least, as it just seemed to be there for shock value more than anything else...it suddenly dawned on me. "There's more than one of everything". Suddenly, I can stop looking at it as a completely obvious exploit of people's emotions and see it as a valid story point, as it was clearly signposted - you just needed to know the title first before anything else. It's a nice little parallel to the, well, parallel worlds arc, so for that much at least, I've quickly grown to like it. I don't think it's the "greatest cliffhanger ever", as I was expecting, well, something a little more personal to the characters, a little more groundbreaking to the show than that. But at least a part of it serves the story, anyway. My only remaining nitpick is that atm I still don't see the point of Olivia needing to be inside one of the towers, but I haven't gotten round to season 2 yet, so maybe those concerns will be addressed. Anyway, that's all I needed to post. It's nice when a nice little "a-ha!" moment sneaks up on you like that.

Ricky
06-12-2012, 07:37 AM
"There's more than one of everything". Suddenly, I can stop looking at it as a completely obvious exploit of people's emotions and see it as a valid story point, as it was clearly signposted - you just needed to know the title first before anything else. It's a nice little parallel to the, well, parallel worlds arc, so for that much at least, I've quickly grown to like it.

There we go, James! :D

Part of the draw of the finale's World Trade Center image (and Olivia being in it) is the idea that if such a disaster in our world caused so much change and uprising and distress, then what wouldn't have happened if the Center was never destroyed (as seen in the Alt-universe)? What changes would there be to politics? To the world in general? To people?

Like you touched on, "there's more than one of everything," is a very important concept that reverberates throughout the whole series and much like LOST, makes you wonder how things may be different if you make different decisions/actions. The final image plants these questions in the viewers' minds and sets up a LOT of what is seen in future seasons.

DoctorDodge
06-12-2012, 07:46 AM
Yeah, thought you'd like me liking it, Ricky. As long as using something from a real life tragedy for emotional content is relevant to the story, I'm ok with it. My problem was I couldn't see much of a reason for including it beyond, "LOOK! TWIN TOWERS! NEVER FORGET! BECAUSE YOU'RE LIKELY TO FORGET SUCH A HORRIFIC ACT, AREN'T YOU, YOU FUCKING SELFISH BASTARDS?!?" as what abc did with Life on Mars, and to be honest, when that happens, I find jokes about 9/11 to have more taste than that (particularly this one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hajXMVL8DCM) but in retrospect, those two buildings fit the themes the ep gave us.

I can be expected to watch season 2 soon, can't I? :D

Ricky
06-12-2012, 07:52 AM
Yeah, I never saw that as the reason for its inclusion. But I'm sure there have been others that feel the way you did. They're just wrong. :lol:

DoctorDodge
06-12-2012, 07:58 AM
Of course, but there's still the problem of it being revealed as Spock's secret headquarters rather than a natural difference with our universe that makes it just a bit too overblown. Regarding that much, I'm completely right about. :lol:

Ricky
06-12-2012, 08:07 AM
Aside from it just being cool, one way I take it is that it's a building perfectly suited for Bell's personality/demeanor/wealth/attitude. Buildings of such importance destroyed in our own universe, it seems only fitting that Bell would be one of the tenants of the WTC in the Alt-universe. A kind of display of survival, self-importance, and observation of everything around him.

DoctorDodge
06-12-2012, 08:09 AM
You mean he's an arrogant sod who likes to show off. Interesting. Well then, you'd definitely love Sherlock, Ricky! Get to it, chop-chop! :lol:

Ricky
07-29-2012, 02:10 PM
Looks like we're done with the alt-verse. :(

http://blog.zap2it.com/frominsidethebox/2012/07/fringe-season-5-five-things-you-need-to-know-about-the-final-13-episodes.html

Merlin1958
07-29-2012, 03:32 PM
Looks like we're done with the alt-verse. :(

http://blog.zap2it.com/frominsidethebox/2012/07/fringe-season-5-five-things-you-need-to-know-about-the-final-13-episodes.html

Wow!! Thanks for posting this, Ricky!!! Now I can't wait for the final season!!!!

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Ricky
07-29-2012, 04:46 PM
No problem. I've been catching up on a backlog of Fringe-related articles and interviews. Still haven't watched the Comic Con panel, though.

mystima
07-29-2012, 08:11 PM
wow would love a spin off...but no telling what that would be about...with that one reality with the observers...kinda cool.

Hannah
07-30-2012, 07:12 PM
And this...

http://youtu.be/aTiAL19rej4

Melike
10-01-2012, 02:19 AM
Fringe is back and it was so touching. Observers are so cruel and scary. And I wonder when we will see September again.

Melike
10-04-2012, 10:18 AM
Latest video posted by Joel Wyman on twitter:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h2FFBjIZUZs

Aaand:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n9kzOfuiTeo

Ricky
10-05-2012, 09:06 AM
Doing my Season 4 re-watch before I start the new season, so I haven't seen the premiere yet. Any spoiler-free thoughts, anyone?

Melike
10-06-2012, 02:33 AM
Doing my Season 4 re-watch before I start the new season, so I haven't seen the premiere yet. Any spoiler-free thoughts, anyone?
Being a fan of the show from the first episode, I must admit that it has never been this amazing. I feel like there wasn't any "real" villains before this, like they have been dealing with puzzles more. Now we have interesting villain. And this season is so much darker.

mystima
10-12-2012, 06:18 PM
Really!!? Two weeks!!!! grrrr why, why do this to me.

Melike
11-17-2012, 02:56 AM
It is really unbelievable the show got in a way this amazing. I really wonder if it would be this great if it wasn't the last season...

Hannah
11-26-2012, 01:40 PM
I am loving this season so far, too. It's really been amazing. Fucking, Peter! I can't wait to see what happens with him...

Bev Vincent
11-26-2012, 02:00 PM
Ditto. I think he's turning into an observer. Question is: how far will it go?

Hannah
11-26-2012, 02:18 PM
Bev, did you see the Fringe season 4 promo they issued a while back where at the very end it shows Joshua Jackson all done up like an Observer? I thought of that while watching the most recent episode and wondered if that was the writers messing with us the whole time.

Bev Vincent
11-26-2012, 02:34 PM
I don't remember that--it would be interesting to know how far ahead they've had the story mapped out. When I interviewed Akiva Goldsman for my next book, we talked at a point when it wasn't a sure thing that the show would be granted a final season to wrap things up. I wish now that I'd talked to him more about Fringe.

Ricky
11-26-2012, 02:58 PM
That tilt of the head at the end of last episode. :scared:

Hannah
11-27-2012, 11:07 AM
I wish now that I'd talked to him more about Fringe.

So do I. :lol:

Melike
11-27-2012, 01:18 PM
That tilt of the head at the end of last episode. :scared:

I know. It was both great and scary. Observers are one of the most scariest villains.

I wish now that I'd talked to him more about Fringe.

So do I. :lol:

Me too. Me too. :)

Ricky
11-27-2012, 02:36 PM
Maybe one of you can refresh my memory, but other than this season and Letters of Transit, was Windmark in any other episodes? I remember a group of Observers talking about September (in the season 4 premiere, I think) and want to say that he was at the table.

Bev Vincent
11-27-2012, 02:40 PM
According to Fringepdia:

First Seen: Letters Of Transit
Seen In: Transilience Thought Unifier Model-11, The Recordist, The Bullet That Saved The World, Through The Looking Glass And What Walter Found There

http://fringepedia.net/wiki/Captain_Windmark

Ricky
11-27-2012, 02:44 PM
Hmm...I guess I didn't see him before LOT. But you can't blame me. They all look alike. :lol:

mystima
11-28-2012, 12:20 PM
What the Hell....why oh why give them Etta then take her away that way...talk about tear jerker... which is what lead to Peter's transformation. There is talk that Peter might be the first observer...or September...just talk on the Hulu sites where I have been watching lately...last episode I watched was Five-twenty-ten.

Melike
12-07-2012, 09:55 AM
After the long break at last tonight is Fringe Friday!
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/A9h6_n9CMAE0vVv.jpg:large

Ricky
12-07-2012, 09:55 AM
It's about time! :excited:

Melike
12-07-2012, 10:04 AM
You're so lucky! I have to wait a little more. :) No problem. I'm not jealous.

Melike
12-08-2012, 03:54 AM
I liked the fight between Peter and Windmark. Not just because of the supernatural moves of observer kind, but also because of this:
When Windmark finally gains advantage over Peter and presses him to the wall, says feelings make him weak, showing Peter Etta's last thoughts. It is the moment Peter takes control of the fight and kill Windmark's man while achiving to escape. I love how it is not only the physical fight Peter won, it was also him proving feelings can make a person stronger.

Bev Vincent
12-08-2012, 01:01 PM
Love seeing Jill Scott -- she played Mma Ramotswe in the #1 Ladies' Detective Agency.

Melike
12-08-2012, 01:13 PM
Love seeing Jill Scott -- she played Mma Ramotswe in the #1 Ladies' Detective Agency.

Me too. Her scenes were great.

Ricky
12-08-2012, 02:56 PM
I'm going to watch it tonight. How was it?

Bev Vincent
12-08-2012, 02:57 PM
And Olivia goes MacGuyver!

Ricky
12-08-2012, 08:21 PM
Now I'm really wondering what Walter's master plan is. A bunch of rocks, an Observer (?) child, and now a huge magnet? :orely:

Melike
12-09-2012, 02:06 AM
I thought we would meet September...

Melike
12-09-2012, 11:28 AM
Fringe: The Cast Talk About Saying Goodbye, What's to Come and Their Reaction to the Finale (http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/12/06/fringe-the-cast-talk-about-saying-goodbye-whats-to-come-and-their-reaction-to-the-finale)

(I highlighted the parts made me happy. :))
Examining Season 5, Jackson noted, “It’s been a pretty dark path. This has been a pretty bleak year for the Fringies, but I have to give credit to Joel [Wyman]. It’s probably the best storyline that I’ve had in the five seasons of the show, and it gave me something to really sink my teeth into here in the fifth year and put a through line -- even before the Observer stuff, having the family, falling back in love with Olivia, having his child back and then having that torn away from him again -- it gave me a really clear episode-to-episode line for where to take Peter through the fifth season. He continues down that path in a couple of different permutations throughout the rest of this season. I can’t tell you how, obviously, because this is Fringe, but there’s a lot going on. The next couple of episodes still deal very heavily with Peter the Observer, but then the story is broader than that, so the broader story is very much a part of the buildup to this climax. Then this climax is really the summation of the five seasons.”

Both Peter and Walter have been transforming this season, for better or worse. Said Noble, “Isn’t that a beautiful thing, to see the two men, one fighting his renewed intelligence and the other one trying to achieve it? I just think that’s the most interesting storyline possible. You have these two Bishop boys going in this direction -- one doesn’t want to go there, the other one desperately wants to go there. And yet, in a sense, they both need to go there in order to do what has to be done. But it resolves itself.”

Hinting at what’s to come, Nicole told me, “It’s dark, and it gets darker, let me tell you. I was like, ‘How deep are you going to dig this hole?’ Because it seems like it’s going to be impossible for them to get out of it. Obviously, there are sacrifices that have to be made, and that’s okay because we’re saving the world - and that is important! [Laughs] It gets a lot worse before it gets better, but when it gets better it’s so worth it. It is so worth it.” She added, “There’s something about the satisfaction of, in the moment, knowing what the culmination of all these seasons of television watching have been. You will have that experience watching this show. It will feel as good as you think it’s going to feel -- if you like to feel good!”

f you’ve been wishing Olivia would be more assertive and proactive lately, you’re not alone. Said Torv, with a grin, “Yes, I’ve been wondering what happened with all of that stuff too!” But don’t worry, Torv -- like Fringe showrunner J.H. Wyman when we spoke at the same event -- hinted that things are going to change. I noted that Olivia has gone through some very tough times lately, adding, “But people still want to see her…” and Torv quickly replied, “Yeah, kick some ass! Yes they do. So I’m gonna go do that!”

Ricky
12-09-2012, 11:36 AM
Thanks for that!

Melike
12-09-2012, 11:49 AM
Just saw it on Twitter. Episodes ahead sound promising.

Melike
12-13-2012, 08:15 AM
It has arrived... :( (https://twitter.com/jonxproductions/status/279251996630994945)

Melike
12-22-2012, 03:32 AM
September at last! This is so stupid but I am crying.

ICry4Oy
12-22-2012, 08:47 AM
Nina :cry: ...but she died a hero...

ICry4Oy
01-13-2013, 12:55 PM
Two hour series finale next Friday. I'm both excited and sad :(

Bev Vincent
01-13-2013, 02:30 PM
I know what you mean.

Melike
01-14-2013, 01:53 PM
It makes me sad, too. It will be painful to leave fringe-world.

Ricky
01-14-2013, 03:14 PM
I'm excited for the finale, but don't want it to end either. Michael's actions at the end of the last episode (stepping off the train) is making me wonder what's going to happen.

Bev Vincent
01-17-2013, 07:41 AM
In the end, 'Fringe' was all about identity (http://www.fox44abc22yourvoice.com/story/20612814/in-the-end-fringe-was-all-about-identity)

Melike
01-19-2013, 03:37 AM
I just saw how everything had ended.
September and Walter? Seriously. I believe I never ever had experienced any ending that is more cruel in a fictional world. I feel like I was tortured by Windmark himself.

Bev Vincent
01-20-2013, 08:19 AM
It was cruel that September didn't get to go off with his son, but I don't think of Walter's fate as cruel. Cruel would have been Walter dying. But he didn't -- he got to experience the distant future for the rest of his life.. I'm sure he thought it was cool (like the levitating bullets).

Melike
01-20-2013, 02:54 PM
It was cruel that September didn't get to go off with his son, but I don't think of Walter's fate as cruel. Cruel would have been Walter dying. But he didn't -- he got to experience the distant future for the rest of his life.. I'm sure he thought it was cool (like the levitating bullets).

I agree with you. The moment Walter disappeared into the future was the last scene of him, the real goodbye. It was probably cool to Walter; but cruel to me.
September's death was indeed so cruel, so sad. And also Gene left in amber.

mystima
01-22-2013, 08:12 AM
I liked Windmark's death...Olivia still juiced up with the cortexifan(sp?) surprising him and making him go squish like a bug. and really wanted September to be able to be there for his boy :arg:

Bev Vincent
01-22-2013, 08:16 AM
I saw a good theory that the reason Michael got off the train was so that Olivia would need the cortexiphan to go to the alt universe to save him, thus making her ready for the showdown against Windmark.

Makes sense to me.

Melike
01-22-2013, 12:52 PM
I think it was the child who killed Windmark; not Olivia. She looked directly at Michael with a surprised look on her face, just after Windmark was smashed between the cars. Michael put his finger to his mouth and "shhh"ed. This also made me think he was performed the action. And we know he is so powerful that Windmark's eye and nose bleed while he was just trying to read him.
Remember Walter said the effects of the Cortexiphan would be temporary. She would use up the four doses of the drug that four times she crossed over.

Bev Vincent
01-22-2013, 12:55 PM
No, I'm pretty sure it was Olivia -- all those special effects. Michael did the shhh thing a few times -- not quite sure what it meant.

Here's the (unofficial) recap from wiki: Olivia, under emotional duress of fighting for her daughter Etta, has her latent Cortexiphan powers trigger that draws power from the surrounding city ("Ability"), and psychokinetically smashes Windmark between two cars.

Here's another one:

Windmark easily overpowers both Peter and Olivia , but when Olivia sees Etta’s “magic bullet” necklace lying on the ground, she manages to conjure just enough of her Cortexiphan powers to smash Windmark between two cars!

Every recap I've read has the same perspective.

Ricky
01-22-2013, 01:03 PM
I enjoyed the finale, but a part of me really wishes they would've gone with something other than a re-set. From the moment Etta died early this season, I had a very strong feeling they'd end the season with them back at the park sans Observers. Just a bit predictable to me. If they had to do a re-set, it would've been more satisfying (cruel, but satisfying) to re-set to Reiden Lake only this time, September doesn't save Peter and Walter.

Melike
01-22-2013, 01:29 PM
No, I'm pretty sure it was Olivia -- all those special effects. Michael did the shhh thing a few times -- not quite sure what it meant.

Here's the (unofficial) recap from wiki: Olivia, under emotional duress of fighting for her daughter Etta, has her latent Cortexiphan powers trigger that draws power from the surrounding city ("Ability"), and psychokinetically smashes Windmark between two cars.

Here's another one:

Windmark easily overpowers both Peter and Olivia , but when Olivia sees Etta’s “magic bullet” necklace lying on the ground, she manages to conjure just enough of her Cortexiphan powers to smash Windmark between two cars!

Every recap I've read has the same perspective.

I read a theory about why Micheal did "shhhh" motion: "It allows the other characters to find a solution to a problem by quieting their minds and looking inwards. Olivia found the power to crush Widmark, and Astrid thought of using the shipping lanes for the time travel mechanism."

Olivia killing Windmark with her Cortexiphan powers makes more sense than the way I have interpreted it while I was watching the show. Because it explains why Michael stepped out of the train...

Maybe I thought that way at the beginning because I've totally forgotten about what Olivia did with her powers when she thought they hurt Nina to make her show her abilities in the interrogation room.

mystima
04-17-2013, 11:07 PM
I have been doing a re-watch of the show and one of the things that stuck me odd was with the early episode called Inner Child which is the first time we see "Michael." A person posing as a social worker tells Olivia that they will be taking him to a home only to find out that he is really someone more sinister. We see him on the phone talking to a mysterious person that we know nothing about and he says on the phone that they found 'another one'. Is "Michael" not the only 'observer' child that they have found?

Melike
04-18-2013, 03:38 AM
I have been doing a re-watch of the show and one of the things that stuck me odd was with the early episode called Inner Child which is the first time we see "Michael." A person posing as a social worker tells Olivia that they will be taking him to a home only to find out that he is really someone more sinister. We see him on the phone talking to a mysterious person that we know nothing about and he says on the phone that they found 'another one'. Is "Michael" not the only 'observer' child that they have found?

I really don't remember that... Maybe back then they had have different plans for Michael and observers.

ladysai
09-20-2013, 07:56 PM
I finished the whole series recently, and I loved it!
Walter is so charmingly weird, he became my favorite character early on. His lunacy is endearing somehow.
The episode where Boyles accidentally dropped acid was laugh out loud hilarious! I giggled until tears ran down my face...if anyone had seen me they might have thought I was tripping, too!

It was an amazing experience to watch an entire series from beginning to end without commercials or (even worse) waiting time between episodes or seasons.
Ive started on Supernatural and will enjoy watching that series without commercials or wait time, too!

fernandito
09-03-2014, 09:06 AM
Finally finished the series!

I'm going to say that I enjoyed both the final season and the finale, even if the latter left me wanting a bit more... I'm a sucker for epilogues and that one just felt way too short.

Everything else was great though. I was worried at first because I felt that the darker tone would require a sacrifice in the form of the show's lighthearted banter between the team, but luckily there was still plenty of Bishop centric debauchery.

Windmark was a fantastic villain, even if the Observers themselves were more than a little derivative of The Matrix's Agents. The finale with the team breaking Broyles out of the building felt liek a shot for shot remake of Morpheus's rescue lol.

The universe finds a way to course correct, and it was a nice touch to see Walter giving something back to restore the balance he upset; taking a boy from his home and then taking a boy to his home. Loved that.

Melike
09-03-2014, 10:22 AM
I finished the whole series recently, and I loved it!
Walter is so charmingly weird, he became my favorite character early on. His lunacy is endearing somehow.
The episode where Boyles accidentally dropped acid was laugh out loud hilarious! I giggled until tears ran down my face...if anyone had seen me they might have thought I was tripping, too!

It was an amazing experience to watch an entire series from beginning to end without commercials or (even worse) waiting time between episodes or seasons.
Ive started on Supernatural and will enjoy watching that series without commercials or wait time, too!

Yeah! Walter is just awesome.

Finally finished the series!

I'm going to say that I enjoyed both the final season and the finale, even if the latter left me wanting a bit more... I'm a sucker for epilogues and that one just felt way too short.

Everything else was great though. I was worried at first because I felt that the darker tone would require a sacrifice in the form of the show's lighthearted banter between the team, but luckily there was still plenty of Bishop centric debauchery.

Windmark was a fantastic villain, even if the Observers themselves were more than a little derivative of The Matrix's Agents. The finale with the team breaking Broyles out of the building felt liek a shot for shot remake of Morpheus's rescue lol.

The universe finds a way to course correct, and it was a nice touch to see Walter giving something back to restore the balance he upset; taking a boy from his home and then taking a boy to his home. Loved that.

Now, one of my dreams came true. :huglove: I love your comparisons with Matrix and your focus of the ending.

Ricky
09-05-2014, 05:14 PM

I thought so too. After the final scene I remember thinking, "is that it?"

Also: I miss Fringe. :(

Melike
09-06-2014, 07:47 PM
Me too.

ladysai
03-22-2020, 09:31 AM
W00t W00t!
Fringe seasons 2-5 are on Amazon Prime for FREE ( with ads) right now!! :excited:

Joe315
03-22-2020, 10:23 AM
W00t W00t!
Fringe seasons 2-5 are on Amazon Prime for FREE ( with ads) right now!! :excited:

Nice. It is a very rewatchable show. Just finished a rewatch last month.

Lookwhoitis
03-22-2020, 10:51 AM
amazon has started putting ads in prime content? That is jacked up...

ladysai
03-22-2020, 11:12 AM
Actually, I access it thru my Prime account but the content is actually on IMdBTV. Which kinda sucks because my TV isnt compatible with IMdB TV.
I can still watch on my phone, so I just spend time with Dr Walter, et al in a much smaller screen.

fernandito
03-25-2020, 08:07 AM
I love Fringe. Walter Bishop is one of my all time favorite supporting characters.

ur2ndbiggestfan
03-25-2020, 09:46 AM
http://www.thedarktower.org/gallery/data/500/medium/FRINGE1.JPG
http://www.thedarktower.org/gallery/data/500/medium/FRINGE2.JPG

Lookwhoitis
03-25-2020, 10:08 AM
I really enjoyed Fringe. A lot. Id be down for a re-watch if there wasnt so much content on my schedule already (that I havent seen yet).

Im trying to remember if I even completed the last season.

Lookwhoitis
03-25-2020, 10:09 AM
I love Fringe. Walter Bishop is one of my all time favorite supporting characters.

The acting on that show was top notch.

Ricky
03-25-2020, 11:12 AM
Meghan Markle was on Fringe? I don't remember that. :lol:

Joe315
03-25-2020, 12:31 PM

For 2 episodes maybe 3.

ladysai
03-25-2020, 12:37 PM

For 2 episodes maybe 3.

I had completely forgotten she was in the series until I was re-watching the other day and shouted out "holy shit I forgot about you!" and since I was outside with just the pets, the neighbors likely think Im looney.

ur2ndbiggestfan
03-25-2020, 12:57 PM
That was an el-cheapo autograph card I pulled out of a pack that zoomed up in value and then came down a bit.

Ricky
03-25-2020, 02:13 PM
I had completely forgotten she was in the series until I was re-watching the other day and shouted out "holy shit I forgot about you!" and since I was outside with just the pets, the neighbors likely think Im looney.

And I just looked up her episodes and I remember now.

Still Servant
03-25-2020, 04:48 PM
There were Fringe trading cards?!

ur2ndbiggestfan
03-25-2020, 05:37 PM
Yes, I think they also did a separate Season Five, but I had quit collecting by then. I have a few sealed boxes from the first two sets, but they are buried behind other sealed boxes. If you want to see pictures of them I will dig them out. I never did complete either set though.

http://www.thedarktower.org/gallery/data/500/medium/FRINGE3.JPG
http://www.thedarktower.org/gallery/data/500/medium/FRINGE4.JPG