PDA

View Full Version : Peter Straub to write Vertigo Original Graphic Novel

BlakeMP
06-01-2007, 02:18 PM
I may be the only one here who cares, but apparently DC has signed acclaimed horror novelist Peter Straub to write an original graphic novel, The Green Woman. I'm a fan of Straub's, personally, and I think this is way cool.

With Stephen King's The Dark Tower going on and the news that they're going to do a manga series based on Dean Koontz's Odd Thomas, it seems like this is certainly the era for horror novelists to crack into comics.

Patrick
06-01-2007, 02:20 PM
Cool. Thanks for letting us know, Blake.

BlakeMP
06-01-2007, 02:27 PM
Gotta earn my stripes somehow, right? ;)

There's a short story about it over at Newsarama (http://forum.newsarama.com/showthread.php?t=114962) if you want a few more details.

Matt
06-01-2007, 02:40 PM
Very much so and I will also add that to the page. :D

OchrisO
06-01-2007, 02:50 PM
That's awesome. I love most Vertigo stuff.

Jimmy
06-01-2007, 02:54 PM
With Stephen King's The Dark Tower going on and the news that they're going to do a manga series based on Dean Koontz's Odd Thomas, it seems like this is certainly the era for horror novelists to crack into comics.

And it's about time. Orson Scott Card, while not horror, is also in the comics game now. Modern comics are finally good to read.

Cuthbert Allbad
06-06-2007, 09:44 AM
I may be the only one here who cares, but apparently DC has signed acclaimed horror novelist Peter Straub to write an original graphic novel, The Green Woman. I'm a fan of Straub's, personally, and I think this is way cool.

Peter Straub is the only author who literally had me jump out of my skin. I was reading Ghost story and got so into it that when my Grandmother snuck up behind me, i amost hit the ceiling. No other author had ever affected me that way.

BlakeMP
06-06-2007, 05:17 PM
But will you get his comic? :D

Matt
06-06-2007, 07:02 PM
I'm sure as hell going to try.