PDA

View Full Version : Stephen King Proofs

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27

biomieg
05-12-2015, 03:11 AM
Got pics? Is it the book that looked like a regular paperback (the one that did not have 'proof' on the cover)?

zelig
05-12-2015, 03:38 AM
Added the UK Finders Keepers proof to the listing.

John

You can change the limitation. It aint 200, as mine is in the 500s. Therefore, I would say 600 or 700 copies.

That's interesting. Way more than I though there would be. Especially on a numbered proof. Perhaps these won't be as scarce as some of the previous ones.

herbertwest
05-12-2015, 03:58 AM
Got pics? Is it the book that looked like a regular paperback (the one that did not have 'proof' on the cover)?

That's the one.

Added the UK Finders Keepers proof to the listing.

John

You can change the limitation. It aint 200, as mine is in the 500s. Therefore, I would say 600 or 700 copies.

That's interesting. Way more than I though there would be. Especially on a numbered proof. Perhaps these won't be as scarce as some of the previous ones.

Maybe they decided to do more proofs, to balance the lack of proofs of Mr Mercedes? :p

biomieg
05-12-2015, 04:10 AM
Okay, so they are numbered. Is there anything else that makes them different from a regular paperback? I remember that there were some hardcover 'ARCs' of Under the Dome, which were simply hardcover first editions with an ISBN sticker and without DJ. This sounds similar and from a collector's point of view a 'proof' that is a regular paperback with a number scribbled in isn't very interesting... or at least, it isn't to me. Or does it say somewhere inside that it is a proof?

jhanic
05-12-2015, 04:42 AM
It states it on the back:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/FINDERS-KEEPERS-STEPHEN-KING-2015-LIMITED-UNC-PROOF-/251956449416?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item3aa9c65088

John

biomieg
05-12-2015, 05:00 AM
Thank you, John! I missed this particular auction.

herbertwest
05-12-2015, 08:06 AM
Okay, so they are numbered. Is there anything else that makes them different from a regular paperback? I remember that there were some hardcover 'ARCs' of Under the Dome, which were simply hardcover first editions with an ISBN sticker and without DJ. This sounds similar and from a collector's point of view a 'proof' that is a regular paperback with a number scribbled in isn't very interesting... or at least, it isn't to me. Or does it say somewhere inside that it is a proof?

It's very obvious from the inside first pages and backcover. As well as there is an "embargo" watermark in it.

zelig
05-12-2015, 08:21 AM
So my initial assessment about those books in the photo was incorrect. This is one of the least proof-looking proofs I've seen.

Ari_Racing
05-12-2015, 08:28 PM
I should be receiving one in the next weeks. :)

Pasiuk57
05-15-2015, 10:01 AM
Picked up my UK proof of Finder's Keepers at the post office that includes the publisher's letter.
Looks great and is numbered.

jonp
05-15-2015, 10:03 AM
Picked up my UK proof of Finder's Keepers at the post office that includes the publisher's letter.
Looks great and is numbered.

Congratulations Mike.

Lot guy
05-15-2015, 10:16 AM
Congrats Mike excited for mine as well!

Pasiuk57
05-15-2015, 12:38 PM
It looks like a proof with the words on the back "Uncorrected Proof Copy-Not for Resale". UK date looks to be June 2 2015 according to back cover of proof. hardback 20 pounds. Paperback 14.99 pounds.

Br!an
05-15-2015, 12:57 PM
It looks like a proof with the words on the back "Uncorrected Proof Copy-Not for Resale". UK date looks to be June 2 2015 according to back cover of proof. hardback 20 pounds. Paperback 14.99 pounds.

That's a heavy book!!!

:emot-roflolmao:

Randall Flagg
05-15-2015, 02:40 PM
6 bids, $36:
Full Dark No Stars STEPHEN KING Advance Readers Copy (ARC) 2010 HARD TO FIND (http://www.ebay.com/itm/Full-Dark-No-Stars-STEPHEN-KING-Advance-Readers-Copy-ARC-2010-HARD-TO-FIND-/301615426567?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4639ae2c07)

8 bids, $50:
Carrie STEPHEN KING Advance Readers Copy (ARC) 2014 RARE & HARD TO FIND (http://www.ebay.com/itm/Carrie-STEPHEN-KING-Advance-Readers-Copy-ARC-2014-RARE-HARD-TO-FIND-/301615359269?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4639ad2525)

I am bidding on both, fingers crossed

Did someone here win this? I wanted this one, already had a copy but would have been a great purchase for a gift to my Brother, but was sniped at the last second. Hope someone who here won it and Congrats great price!!!!
Stay tuned....
There might be one of these going up for auction soon...

Randall Flagg
05-17-2015, 05:16 AM
Awful lot of money for a letter:
Stephen king's Carrie ARC advance reading copy first edition 1st printing (http://www.ebay.com/itm/Stephen-kings-Carrie-ARC-advance-reading-copy-first-edition-1st-printing-/131513892779?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1e9ed6bfab)

carlosdetweiller
05-17-2015, 05:45 AM
Awful lot of money for a letter:
Stephen king's Carrie ARC advance reading copy first edition 1st printing (http://www.ebay.com/itm/Stephen-kings-Carrie-ARC-advance-reading-copy-first-edition-1st-printing-/131513892779?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1e9ed6bfab)

Yeah. I saw that. Not even a letter really. Just a review slip. Nice enough book but no dust jacket. Plus I've never heard of the numbers of 40 special reading copies and the subsequent 100 first edition copies sent out with review slips that he is stating as fact. Could be right, I guess, but, personally, I think he is just making s**t up.

zelig
05-17-2015, 09:01 AM
Saw that too. I didn't know this review slip existed and had never seen it before. To me, if you go after this it's primarily for that slip, but at that starting bid it doesn't seem worth it.

jhanic
05-17-2015, 09:26 AM
I would put the value at no more than $150. I've heard of other hardcover Advance Reading copies of this. I think his numbers are way off.

John

Randall Flagg
05-17-2015, 09:46 AM
1 bid, $150:
The talisman uncorrected unpunished proof by Stephen King. Sealed (http://www.ebay.com/itm/The-talisman-uncorrected-unpunished-proof-by-Stephen-King-Sealed-/321757539589?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4aea3e6d05)

biomieg
05-17-2015, 10:18 AM
This proof has been unpunished for a long time!

carlosdetweiller
05-17-2015, 10:20 AM
This proof has been unpunished for a long time!

And, as such, it is probably rare. I usually punish my proofs as soon as I get them.

The Library Policeman
05-17-2015, 10:22 AM
Naughty proofs!!

Theli
05-17-2015, 10:15 PM
Needs a good spanking!

Randall Flagg
05-18-2015, 05:06 AM
$449:
Stephen King IT uncorrected proof ARC ucp advance first edition (http://www.ebay.com/itm/Stephen-King-IT-uncorrected-proof-ARC-ucp-advance-first-edition-/131514611814?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1e9ee1b866)

$65:
STEPHEN KING: DREAMCATCHER 1st edition softcover ARC or proof (http://www.ebay.com/itm/STEPHEN-KING-DREAMCATCHER-1st-edition-softcover-ARC-or-proof-/311362346105?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item487ea45c79)

AKC
05-18-2015, 06:15 AM
Based on the condition, that a good starting price for the Viking IT Proof……Probably worth $600.00 no?

zelig
05-18-2015, 11:34 AM
This sort of thing really irritates me. I see the listing for the Viking IT proof has ended. I'm guessing some side deal was done and the seller ended the auction. I was watching that one and planning on bidding. If I recall It was a standard 7 day auction with a starting bid and no BIN. Isn't the first time this has happened. Really annoying.

killjoy72
05-18-2015, 11:45 AM
This sort of thing really irritates me. I see the listing for the Viking IT proof has ended. I'm guessing some side deal was done and the seller ended the auction. I was watching that one and planning on bidding. If I recall It was a standard 7 day auction with a starting bid and no BIN. Isn't the first time this has happened. Really annoying.

Agreed, Paul.
Well, I hope it sold it for a good price. Seems quite a few of us were circling that one already. I wonder what it would have ultimately gone for?

jonp
05-18-2015, 11:46 AM

I'm with you there Paul. There was a proof last week that I was going to bid on then it disappeared. I just wish people would let the auction run its course and give everyone equal chance at getting it.

AKC
05-18-2015, 11:58 AM
Looks like the IT Viking Proof sold for $575.00 via the Buy It Now option…..

SHAMELESS PLUG: I have a copy for sale (VG Condition) in the Classifieds Thread for $350.00.

zelig
05-18-2015, 12:21 PM
There was no BIN option from what I recall. $575 was the starting bid (I think.)

jcmanske
05-18-2015, 12:26 PM
There was no BIN option from what I recall. $575 was the starting bid (I think.)

I was watching this one as well and had intended on bidding. As I recall, the opening bid was 449.00 with no BIN. If I were a betting a man, I'd say the seller said he'd let it go for 600 and the ultimate buyer countered with 575.

zelig
05-18-2015, 12:26 PM

I'm with you there Paul. There was a proof last week that I was going to bid on then it disappeared. I just wish people would let the auction run its course and give everyone equal chance at getting it.

I agree. It's an auction. Give everyone a fair chance at bidding on it. If it has a BIN price, sure that's a different story but a straight auction that ends prematurely because someone swooped in and did a private deal is annoying.

zelig
05-18-2015, 12:28 PM

I was watching this one as well and had intended on bidding. As I recall, the opening bid was 449.00 with no BIN. If I were a betting a man, I'd say the seller said he'd let it go for 600 and the ultimate buyer countered with 575.

Yes, I think you're right. I remember now a starting price in the four hundreds... and no BIN. And I'd agree with how you're speculating it went down.

carlosdetweiller
05-18-2015, 12:39 PM
[QUOTE=zelig;922482] I just wish people would let the auction run its course and give everyone equal chance at getting it.

I agree. It's an auction. Give everyone a fair chance at bidding on it. If it has a BIN price, sure that's a different story but a straight auction that ends prematurely because someone swooped in and did a private deal is annoying.

I've been on eBay since 1997 and this has happened to me more times than I could count. I don't like it either. But the only way to combat it is to be proactive and contact the seller and work a deal for yourself. I've done that a few times too. And it sure beats losing out on something you really want.

zelig
05-18-2015, 01:09 PM
Makes sense Bob...

jhanic
05-18-2015, 02:10 PM
I've also done this occasionally, but only for items I REALLY wanted.

John

Lot guy
05-19-2015, 09:48 AM
New Proof found,
Mr. Mercedes 1st state, pictorial cover with black taped spine, cover is same but "Advanced Uncorrected Proof and not for Quotation" information on inside flap. I don't believe this has been in circulation before, anyone own one?
John thought we should add to US list.

jhanic
05-19-2015, 10:04 AM
New Proof found,
Mr. Mercedes 1st state, pictorial cover with black taped spine, cover is same but "Advanced Uncorrected Proof and not for Quotation" information on inside flap. I don't believe this has been in circulation before, anyone own one?

I'll add it to the listing as soon as I can see a picture so I can accurately describe it.

I'm excited about this one!

John

Lot guy
05-19-2015, 10:15 AM
New Proof found,

I'll add it to the listing as soon as I can see a picture so I can accurately describe it.

I'm excited about this one!

John

I'll post a picture within the week when it arrives, I'm excited for this one too. I seem to think this is the equal to the the white covered Finders Keepers

zelig
05-19-2015, 10:28 AM
Unbelievable. Looking forward to seeing it.

Lot guy
05-19-2015, 01:04 PM
Firestarter UK Proof, I've been holding out for a nice copy and landed this a couple weeks ago, arrived. Looks to be unread.http://rs777.pbsrc.com/albums/yy59/mrfjstbhf/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zpscbsprwwh.jpg~320x480
http://rs777.pbsrc.com/albums/yy59/mrfjstbhf/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zpsn5p158fd.jpg~320x480
http://rs777.pbsrc.com/albums/yy59/mrfjstbhf/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zpsabev8hgk.jpg~320x480

zelig
05-19-2015, 01:14 PM
Congratulations Matt! I think that was the one I saw on eBay recently. It looks like a really nice copy. Congrats, and happy to see you got it.

jonp
05-19-2015, 01:14 PM
Congratulations Matt. It was you who beat me to it. I was the next highest bidder!

The Library Policeman
05-19-2015, 01:21 PM
Nice one, Matt!

biomieg
05-19-2015, 01:26 PM
Was that the copy from Hyraxia? Looks to be in great condition.

jhanic
05-19-2015, 02:05 PM
Nice, Matt!

John

Lot guy
05-19-2015, 02:33 PM
Thank you all!!!! I've been told finding one without the black flaking off is hard, this wasn't from Hyraxia it was an ebay auction.

jhanic
05-19-2015, 03:50 PM
This is for everyone who has a UK proof of Finders Keepers:

Please PM me with the number of your book. I will not divulge this number, but would like to better estimate the number of proofs that were done by Hodder for the listing.

John

Pasiuk57
05-19-2015, 05:55 PM
Matt
UK Firestarter Proof
tough to find in great shape!
Nice!

Johnny007
05-19-2015, 08:14 PM
Based on the condition, that a good starting price for the Viking IT Proof……Probably worth $600.00 no?

It looked to be in superb condition -- even with that tiny white spot. $600 would have been a bargain for the Viking IT proof. $575 is just icing on the cake. I'm sorry for those who didn't get a chance to bid on this lot. But as others have opined, this is just the way things go for high-demand items. I'm just a little surprised that the seller let it go for $575. BTW, I did not buy this lot.

Johnny007
05-19-2015, 09:00 PM
New Proof found,

Really looking forward to seeing a picture! Congrats!

neo_trinity
05-19-2015, 10:06 PM

It looked to be in superb condition -- even with that tiny white spot. $600 would have been a bargain for the Viking IT proof. $575 is just icing on the cake. I'm sorry for those who didn't get a chance to bid on this lot. But as others have opined, this is just the way things go for high-demand items. I'm just a little surprised that the seller let it go for $575. BTW, I did not buy this lot.

Sorry Johnny, but this is NOT the way things go for high-demand items. It is how things go on eBay when you have an inexperienced seller that doesn't research their products before hand. As Zelig and others pointed out, the auction should have run its course, and by doing so, the seller would have got far more than their $575. The buyer, as is always the case, gets a steal, and the market price is not able to be established.

Next month at Sotheby's in London, I am selling a signed presentation copy of the UK Hobbit. Even though I have never mentioned this in any Tolkien forum, three established UK dealers that have sold to me in the past, have approached me to cancel the sale and sell to them privately over estimate. Maybe I am crazy to not take the offer, but I really want this book to go to a collector, and by letting the auction run its course, there's a very good chance it will do just that. These sellers already have a buyer in mind for it, so with the grace of God, these buyers will hear about it before the 4th. Worst case scenario, the three of them can battle each other to get it. Either way, the market value will be established.

eBay doesn't have the same integrity for standing behind their sales. At live auctions, you almost never see a withdrawn lot, and if so, it is for very good reason (ie: family dispute over ownership, or disagreement over commission rates).

I am sure the IT proof will appear very shortly at a higher price, and if not, perhaps I will put my mint, signed copy that was given to Stephen's assistant Shirley, on the block. Don't worry Paul, there is plenty of other copies out there. If you are serious and patient, you will get one.

Gerald

herbertwest
05-19-2015, 11:26 PM
Any chance to get pictures and description of your signed presentation copy of the UK Hobbit? :)

Mr. Rabbit Trick
05-19-2015, 11:54 PM
Any chance to get pictures and description of your signed presentation copy of the UK Hobbit? :)

Don't be so lazy. Use Google...

http://www.sothebys.com/en/auctions/2015/library-english-bibliophile-part-4-l15413.html

neo_trinity
05-20-2015, 12:13 AM

Hi,

It is a UK 1st of The Hobbit, that was inscribed to Kitty Kilbride on publication, in 1937. In addition, there is 4 Elvish lines that is not common among Tolkien's inscriptions. I only have 2 other items that contain Elvish writing, and none were on The Hobbit. Kitty was one of Tolkien's first students in the 1920s at Leeds, and they maintained a very close friendship during her life. She received all of his books on publication and was the recipient of many of his personal correspondences. She was listed on Tolkien's proof copy of The Hobbit, among 2 dozen intended recipients, that he wanted to receive copies when it was published. She passed shortly before Tolkien due to life-long health issues.

You can read more, and possibly bid if interested at:

http://www.sothebys.com/en/auctions/ecatalogue/2015/library-english-bibliophile-part-4-l15413/lot.164.html

I cannot upload Hi-Res photos as they are too large, but here is a couple of smaller ones.

Enjoy.
Gerald

http://www.geraldwinters.com/tolkien/uk_hob_kilbride.jpg
http://www.geraldwinters.com/tolkien/uk_hob_kilbride_sign.jpg

Bev Vincent
05-20-2015, 02:52 AM
Once upon a time, back in my college days, I probably could have translated that inscription!

Mr. Rabbit Trick
05-20-2015, 03:10 AM
Once upon a time, back in my college days, I probably could have translated that inscription!

Back in MY college days, all writing looked like that to me! :)

herbertwest
05-20-2015, 03:35 AM
Amazing item !

neo_trinity
05-20-2015, 03:42 AM

It is actually a verse about AElfwine (Elf-Friend), an English seaman who was driven out to sea from the coast of Erin (Ireland). After passing into the deep waters of the West, and according to good graces, found the 'straight road' of the Elvenfolk and came to the Isle of Eressea in Elvenhome. This could have been a mirage, as others believe that he was unable to ever rest for long on land, and was forced to sail the Western seas until his death.

Before embarking on his last voyage, he spoke his last words:

" Fela bid on Westwegum werum uncudra
wundra and wihta, wlitescyne lond,
eardgeard Ylfa and Esa bliss.
Lyt aenig wat hwylc his longad sy,
pam pe eftsides yldu getwaefed. "

This translates to:
" Many things there be in the Western-regions unknown to Men, many wonders and many creatures:
a land lovely to behold, the homeland of the Elves and the bliss of the Valar. Little doth any man understand
what the yearning may be of one whom old age cutteth off from returning thither. "

Gerald

jhanic
05-20-2015, 04:28 AM
Simply amazing!

John

stroppygoblin
05-20-2015, 04:57 AM
A wonderful Item Gerald, best of luck with the sale.

killjoy72
05-20-2015, 05:05 AM
My God, what amazing handwriting!
As always Gerald, very, very impressive!

Randall Flagg
05-20-2015, 05:11 AM
$1,900 OBO:
Carrie ARC by Stephen King Unread Near Fine (http://www.ebay.com/itm/Carrie-ARC-by-Stephen-King-Unread-Near-Fine-/231567981437?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item35ea86fb7d)

neo_trinity
05-20-2015, 06:15 AM
A wonderful Item Gerald, best of luck with the sale.

Thank you all. I pray it's a good sale. I realize this is not a Tolkien forum, so I don't want to offend anyone by talking anymore about it. My passion for both writers is evenly matched.

Gerald

zelig
05-20-2015, 07:36 AM
Thanks for the comments Gerald. You make good points about the auction and how it should have been allowed to run its course. Would have been fairer for all those who were interested in bidding on the item. I could rant on about it, but I'm not gonna do that. As you say, another one usually shows up at some point, and if you do decide to put your signed copy up for auction, well I will certainly be all over that!

I wish you all the best with The Hobbit listing. It looks incredible!

sharki69
05-20-2015, 08:17 AM
Gerald - thanks for sharing !! that's one of the coolest books I have ever seen. Good luck with the sale.

The book is not inscribed to me, so I'll have to pass this one :)

carlosdetweiller
05-20-2015, 08:35 AM
Gerald - thanks for sharing !! that's one of the coolest books I have ever seen. Good luck with the sale.

I agree. It is one of the coolest books I have ever seen too.

zelig
05-20-2015, 08:44 AM
I don't know if anyone else noticed but what looks to have been a Scribner Duma Key proof sold on Abe last night for $48. I was asleep and missed it...

biomieg
05-20-2015, 08:56 AM
Is it possible to view sold items on ABE?

Ari_Racing
05-20-2015, 09:02 AM
Simply amazing, as all your posts. We all would like to hear more about your collection!

Ari_Racing
05-20-2015, 09:04 AM
I don't know if anyone else noticed but what looks to have been a Scribner Duma Key proof sold on Abe last night for $48. I was asleep and missed it...

Yeah...I woke up 30 minutes after the alert came in and it was already gone. Someone from Europe probably got it.

zelig
05-20-2015, 09:18 AM
Is it possible to view sold items on ABE?

No it's not possible, at least not that I'm aware of, but if you have a direct link to the item, the listing still shows up.

herbertwest
05-20-2015, 09:18 AM

Yeah...I woke up 30 minutes after the alert came in and it was already gone. Someone from Europe probably got it.

I was too late too :-(

biomieg
05-20-2015, 09:56 AM
I realize this is not a Tolkien forum, so I don't want to offend anyone by talking anymore about it. My passion for both writers is evenly matched.

Gerald

We have the 'Other authors you collect' subforum with this thread: http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/showthread.php?12101-J.R.R.-Tolkien-A-Master!!!!

So go ahead and offend us ;)

Lot guy
05-20-2015, 10:58 AM
That's an amazing price!!!!

Lot guy
05-20-2015, 11:16 AM
Here's a couple pictures of the one known First State Mr. Mercedes(only one at the moment anyways),
http://rs777.pbsrc.com/albums/yy59/mrfjstbhf/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zpsvioknrgi.jpg~320x480
http://rs777.pbsrc.com/albums/yy59/mrfjstbhf/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zpssrgvvkee.jpg~320x480
http://rs777.pbsrc.com/albums/yy59/mrfjstbhf/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zpsghnradgd.jpg~320x480

sharki69
05-20-2015, 11:16 AM
WOW. Congrats Buddy

jhanic
05-20-2015, 11:20 AM
Added to the listing. Congratulations, Matt!

John

zelig
05-20-2015, 11:20 AM
Pretty amazing Matt. We didn't even know it existed. Good to see some pictures of it.

Lot guy
05-20-2015, 11:33 AM
Thanks guys!!!!

Randall Flagg
05-20-2015, 11:37 AM
I've never seen this.

HURRY!:

THE COLORADO KID HAVEN Stephen King US SAMPLER / ARC 1st ED Hard Case Crime RARE (http://www.ebay.com/itm/THE-COLORADO-KID-HAVEN-Stephen-King-US-SAMPLER-ARC-1st-ED-Hard-Case-Crime-RARE-/221778053550?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item33a30089ae)

http://thumbs3.ebaystatic.com/d/l225/m/msWYBbz2QCAiks3FDEheSUQ.jpg

sharki69
05-20-2015, 11:38 AM
So who won this ???

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Stephen-King-DUMA-KEY-Uncorrected-Proof-1st-ed-2008-Scribner-Trade-Paperback-/131517470372?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1e9f0d56a4

herbertwest
05-20-2015, 11:57 AM
One was sold "this morning" on abebooks for $43 or so. Maybe the same one and it was taken off abebooks as sold on ebay?

you ever seen a ghost?
05-20-2015, 01:05 PM
I've got one, I think. I see it sold for $200. I could probably be persuaded to sell mine for that (no ebay fees!).

Randall Flagg
05-20-2015, 01:17 PM
I've never seen this.

HURRY!:

THE COLORADO KID HAVEN Stephen King US SAMPLER / ARC 1st ED Hard Case Crime RARE (http://www.ebay.com/itm/THE-COLORADO-KID-HAVEN-Stephen-King-US-SAMPLER-ARC-1st-ED-Hard-Case-Crime-RARE-/221778053550?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item33a30089ae)

http://thumbs3.ebaystatic.com/d/l225/m/msWYBbz2QCAiks3FDEheSUQ.jpg

Did someone here get it?

zelig
05-20-2015, 01:53 PM
Yep, I got it!

you ever seen a ghost?
05-20-2015, 05:00 PM
okay - got another one of the Hard Case Crime samplers for sale. Same price.

Randall Flagg
05-20-2015, 06:12 PM
okay - got another one of the Hard Case Crime samplers for sale. Same price.
Same auction seller?

you ever seen a ghost?
05-20-2015, 06:43 PM
not auction. i have one. i figured i'd sell it flat out for $200 and don't have to worry about ebay fees.

Ari_Racing
05-20-2015, 06:52 PM
I have one as well but I really didn't know it'd get that price! But I won't sell it, at least for now.

herbertwest
05-21-2015, 12:04 AM
A sampler sold for $200? WOW !

zelig
05-21-2015, 06:16 AM
A sampler sold for $200? WOW !

What are you saying, I'm crazy? I overpaid? :smile:

Randall Flagg
05-21-2015, 05:32 PM
2 bids, $32.67:

Stephen King Finders Keepers UK Uncorrected Proof numbered limited edition (http://www.ebay.com/itm/Stephen-King-Finders-Keepers-UK-Uncorrected-Proof-numbered-limited-edition-/231569683887?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item35eaa0f5af)

Randall Flagg
05-22-2015, 05:03 AM
4 bids, $106.25:
Stephen King Finders Keepers UK Uncorrected Proof numbered limited edition (http://www.ebay.com/itm/Stephen-King-Finders-Keepers-UK-Uncorrected-Proof-numbered-limited-edition-/231569683887?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item35eaa0f5af)

killjoy72
05-22-2015, 05:11 AM
You're really pushing that one, lol.
Got a horse in this race?

Randall Flagg
05-22-2015, 05:26 AM
You're really pushing that one, lol.
Got a horse in this race?
No.

Randall Flagg
05-26-2015, 05:18 AM
1 bid, $30.99:
Stephen King CUJO Uncorrected Proof Copy 1982 VERY RARE pb (http://www.ebay.com/itm/Stephen-King-CUJO-Uncorrected-Proof-Copy-1982-VERY-RARE-pb-/391154321722?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item5b129d493a)

jhanic
05-26-2015, 05:28 AM
1 bid, $30.99:
Stephen King CUJO Uncorrected Proof Copy 1982 VERY RARE pb (http://www.ebay.com/itm/Stephen-King-CUJO-Uncorrected-Proof-Copy-1982-VERY-RARE-pb-/391154321722?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item5b129d493a)

It should be pointed out that this is the UK version (1000 copies).

John

zelig
05-26-2015, 07:21 AM
John what would you say is a fair price to pay for this? I do have a copy but this one is in better condition than what I have so may go for it as an upgrade.

Randall Flagg
05-27-2015, 01:11 PM
Stephen King, Revival, UK, unread limited uncorrected advance proof, 159/200 (http://www.ebay.com/itm/Stephen-King-Revival-UK-unread-limited-uncorrected-advance-proof-159-200-/291476698503?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item43dd5d7587)

Roseannebarr
05-28-2015, 07:23 AM
John what would you say is a fair price to pay for this? I do have a copy but this one is in better condition than what I have so may go for it as an upgrade.

I bid 80 british pounds as a maximum. not realizing its a UK book. if i win (which i doubt) you can buy it at my cost. i didnt want to retract the bid, poor form in my opinion.

zelig
05-29-2015, 09:34 AM

I bid 80 british pounds as a maximum. not realizing its a UK book. if i win (which i doubt) you can buy it at my cost. i didnt want to retract the bid, poor form in my opinion.

Okay, thanks.

zelig
05-29-2015, 09:52 AM
Looking to see if anyone would like to help out with a project I'm working on.

I recently created this web page to keep track of my proof collection. It wasn't online and I was just using it for myself. Then I thought it could be useful as a resource for other members, so I put it online.

It currently has all the proofs in my collection, but of course there are many still missing. The ultimate goal is to add the rest, so it's a complete list of all known proofs/ARC's.

I know we have the Catalog and John's main proof list, but this is just to complement that. The main difference is the layout, and that it has scans of the front, back, spine and where I had them, the publisher's letters. I do realize there are images in the Proofs/ARC's section, but what I'm looking for in order to keep the layout consistent, is flat hi-res scans of the front, back, spine and letter for the missing proofs.

If anyone has a scanner and any of the missing proofs, and you'd like to contribute, please send me a PM and I'll provide details.

You can use the Search to filter any way you want, like if you want to see Dark Tower only proofs, start to type that, or by publisher, etc. If you click the thumbnail images, you get a larger image.

You can see the list here (http://zelig.io/).

Thanks, and hopefully some folks will be willing to contribute. All I need is the scans. I'll handle the rest.

biomieg
05-29-2015, 10:53 AM
I like it! I have a network printer/scanner at home but I've never used the scanner function. Maybe it's time to put it to good use.

Randall Flagg
05-29-2015, 11:17 AM
Nice webpage.

Br!an
05-29-2015, 12:29 PM
That's brilliant Paul.

Unfortunately I only have a few of the cheaper proofs so can't be of any help.

I greatly appreciate the resource though.

zelig
05-29-2015, 12:43 PM
Thanks Jerome and Brian, appreciate it. And Michaël, let me know if you get the scanner working. I know you have some of the missing proofs.

Randall Flagg
05-29-2015, 06:48 PM
WTF?
Stephen King FINDERS KEEPERS First edition NEW Review Copy Hardcover (http://www.ebay.com/itm/Stephen-King-FINDERS-KEEPERS-First-edition-NEW-Review-Copy-Hardcover-/311370921835?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item487f27376b)

TCCBodhi
05-29-2015, 06:51 PM
LOL! Let me get right on that bid.

Roseannebarr
05-29-2015, 07:20 PM
WTF?
Stephen King FINDERS KEEPERS First edition NEW Review Copy Hardcover (http://www.ebay.com/itm/Stephen-King-FINDERS-KEEPERS-First-edition-NEW-Review-Copy-Hardcover-/311370921835?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item487f27376b)

Some people like the publishers letter, book sells for $28. You get the letter for $11

TCCBodhi
05-29-2015, 07:41 PM
EDIT: I used LetMeGoogleThatForYou.com for my own question. Sorry for the questions before I searched myself.

I don't collect these at this time, so haven't learned what all the prepublication versions mean. Is this particular type have a proper name; is this an ARC? or just a prepublication copy?

zelig
05-29-2015, 08:01 PM
I've wondered myself what the "official" name of these are. It's not technically an ARC but I've seen them being called advance reading copies. It's nothing more than the regular 1st trade hardcover edition. The only added bonus is the letter that is included from the publisher.

I've been collecting these as I see them and have a few. I kicked myself when I saw this one because I just bought one that showed up on eBay yesterday for $75! I bought it primarily for the letter. Then I see this one show up for $39 with free shipping. Oh well, it goes that way sometimes.

George at C-Springs
05-29-2015, 11:46 PM
I was scanning proofs for zelig and came across these publisher's letters in my orange DT II; don't remember seeing them before, thought they might be of interest.

http://www.thedarktower.org/gallery/data/500/medium/DT_II_5_pg_1.jpghttp://www.thedarktower.org/gallery/data/500/medium/DT_II_5_pg_2.jpg

http://www.thedarktower.org/gallery/data/500/medium/DT_II_4.jpg

Br!an
05-30-2015, 03:57 AM
EDIT: I used LetMeGoogleThatForYou.com for my own question. Sorry for the questions before I searched myself.

I don't collect these at this time, so haven't learned what all the prepublication versions mean. Is this particular type have a proper name; is this an ARC? or just a prepublication copy?

It is a first edition with a review letter laid in. Commonly known as a "Review Copy". I suppose that is technically an Advance Review Copy, being a review copy provided in advance, but it isn't what we normally refer to as an ARC.

When a publisher wants to provide more review copies than available ARCs they will lay in the review letter and voila, a Review Copy.

jhanic
05-30-2015, 04:00 AM
I term them, as Brian said, Advance Review Copy, as opposed to the Advance Reading Copy that is actually a type of proof. Too bad the initials of both are ARC. I often distinguish the Advance Review Copy by adding hardcover Advance Review Copy.

John

Bev Vincent
05-30-2015, 05:14 AM
Absent the letter from the publisher, though, they are indstinguishable from any other first edition copies.

Randall Flagg
05-30-2015, 05:48 AM
So call them ARL's
Advance Review Letter

Br!an
05-30-2015, 06:12 AM
I like that. Since it isn't the book that distinguishes it but the letter.

zelig
05-30-2015, 08:27 AM
So call them ARL's
Advance Review Letter

Nice idea. Having a unique acronym for this makes it clear what we're talking about.

George at C-Springs
05-30-2015, 08:37 AM
Okay, so here's the ARL from Mr. Mercedes. It's oversized so I can't scan it as a single sheet with my home scanner.

http://www.thedarktower.org/gallery/data/500/medium/Merc_ARL_1.jpghttp://www.thedarktower.org/gallery/data/500/medium/Merc_ARL_2.jpg

http://www.thedarktower.org/gallery/data/500/medium/Merc_ARL_3.jpghttp://www.thedarktower.org/gallery/data/500/medium/Merc_ARL_4.jpg

zelig
05-30-2015, 09:02 AM
Thanks George.... It may also be relevant to note that the ARL letters are different to the ARC letters.

jhanic
05-30-2015, 09:05 AM
Thanks, George!

John

Br!an
05-30-2015, 09:38 AM
Nice!

Mr. Rabbit Trick
05-30-2015, 10:06 AM
So ARLs should not be in this thread.

:)

Randall Flagg
05-30-2015, 11:24 AM
Thanks George.... It may also be relevant to note that the ARL letters are different to the ARC letters.
By definition ARL is a Letter. An ARC letter is an "ARC letter".

Randall Flagg
05-30-2015, 12:07 PM
$76.30:
11.22.63 Uncorrected Proof Stephen King In Pristine Condition (http://www.ebay.com/itm/11-22-63-Uncorrected-Proof-Stephen-King-In-Pristine-Condition-/161720044971?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item25a7440dab)

zelig
05-30-2015, 01:02 PM
By definition ARL is a Letter. An ARC letter is an "ARC letter".

Yup, that's what I meant. How you said it though is more accurate. :smile:

Randall Flagg
06-01-2015, 04:32 AM
1 bid, $499.99:
IT Stephen King ARC 1st Proof Cemetery Dance Horror Alan Clark 25th Anniversary (http://www.ebay.com/itm/IT-Stephen-King-ARC-1st-Proof-Cemetery-Dance-Horror-Alan-Clark-25th-Anniversary-/201362373533?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2ee221fb9d)

George at C-Springs
06-01-2015, 09:40 AM
1 bid, $499.99:
IT Stephen King ARC 1st Proof Cemetery Dance Horror Alan Clark 25th Anniversary

That's a good starting price; if it goes for that it will be a real steal. This is a very difficult ARC to find; per Brian Freeman, "Also, there are 20 review copies of IT featuring the Orbik cover artwork, some of which went into the Grab Bag.", so not many out there and certainly not many showing up on eBay or anywhere else.

And no, this isn't my copy for sale.

dnemec
06-01-2015, 11:17 AM
1 bid, $499.99:

That's a good starting price; if it goes for that it will be a real steal. This is a very difficult ARC to find; per Brian Freeman, "Also, there are 20 review copies of IT featuring the Orbik cover artwork, some of which went into the Grab Bag.", so not many out there and certainly not many showing up on eBay or anywhere else.

I have been wondering what these are worth as I have one too.

Dan
06-01-2015, 11:32 AM
1 bid, $499.99:

I have been wondering what these are worth as I have one too.

How do you guys think it compares in price to the all red CD version? I have listed in my notes that there are only 12 of the red one. I believe this info came from Brian Freeman.

jhanic
06-01-2015, 11:41 AM
The problem is that the red one does not include the art, which, although it is more scarce, doesn't make it more desirable. I have both, but do favor the Clark one because of the art. As far as value goes, who knows? IT is one of King's iconic books and all the variations (including the unbound proof) seem very collectible. This seems to be one of those where the "market value" really means just what someone is willing to pay for it.

John

George at C-Springs
06-01-2015, 12:10 PM
I agree with John completely ... it's whatever someone is willing to pay. And yeah, this is a beautiful ARC.

Dan
06-01-2015, 12:32 PM
Fair enough, thanks for the input!

George at C-Springs
06-01-2015, 04:37 PM
Guess I should have posted them here as well ... most all of my P & J's are Proofs!

IT CD 25th Anniversary Proof w/Orbik Cover (1 of 20)

http://www.thedarktower.org/gallery/data/500/medium/IT2.jpg

Full Dark, No Stars CD Proof Gift/Lettered Edition (1 of 20 copies)

http://www.thedarktower.org/gallery/data/500/medium/FDNS_Blue_1.jpg

The Dark Man Trade Orange Proof (1 of 200)

http://www.thedarktower.org/gallery/data/500/medium/DM_Orange_1.jpg

Full Dark No Stars CD In-House Black Galley Proof (1 of 10)

http://www.thedarktower.org/gallery/data/500/medium/FDNS_1.jpg

Pet Sematary 2nd State Typeset Trade Proof

http://www.thedarktower.org/gallery/data/500/medium/PET.jpg

The Dark Tower Companion ARC

http://www.thedarktower.org/gallery/data/500/medium/TOWER2.jpg

zelig
06-01-2015, 04:51 PM
Congrats again. I want the black FDNS proof! Some day.

jhanic
06-01-2015, 05:06 PM
Nice, George! I wonder how many of those IT proofs are owned by members here.

John

zelig
06-01-2015, 05:59 PM
We should do a count. I have one.

George at C-Springs
06-01-2015, 06:27 PM
CD Carrie Proof and Bonus Book "Within These Walls" $179.99 BIN

http://www.ebay.com/itm/CARRIE-Stephen-King-ARC-Proof-1st-Cemetery-Dance-Ania-Ahlborn-Within-These-Walls-/191592163993?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2c9bc86a99

George at C-Springs
06-01-2015, 06:31 PM
U.S. Mr. Mercedes Proof and U.S./UK Finders Keepers Proofs - $1200 BIN or Make Offer

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Stephen-King-Proof-Finders-Keepers-US-UK-Limited-Mr-Mercedes-All-Proofs-ARC-SET-/141680305586?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item20fccde5b2

Johnny007
06-02-2015, 01:17 PM
Please excuse my ignorance regarding the CD IT proofs/ARCs etc. What is the chronology of the 3 states on page 1 of this topic? About how far apart were they issued -- if anyone knows? How can we add images to the proof repository started by biomeg? Thanks!

John

Sir_Boomme
06-02-2015, 02:04 PM
U.S. Mr. Mercedes Proof and U.S./UK Finders Keepers Proofs - $1200 BIN or Make Offer

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Stephen-King-Proof-Finders-Keepers-US-UK-Limited-Mr-Mercedes-All-Proofs-ARC-SET-/141680305586?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item20fccde5b2

re-listed with a new buy-it-now of $1430.00

George at C-Springs
06-02-2015, 02:41 PM

That's optimism right there.

jhanic
06-02-2015, 06:00 PM
Please excuse my ignorance regarding the CD IT proofs/ARCs etc. What is the chronology of the 3 states on page 1 of this topic? About how far apart were they issued -- if anyone knows? How can we add images to the proof repository started by biomeg? Thanks!

John

It goes:

Unbound page proof
Red/black cover proof
CD proof with the book cover

I have no good idea on how much time passed between each, though.

John

Lot guy
06-02-2015, 06:10 PM

That's optimism right there.

Relisted as 1 day Auction of $1,100.00 with a buy it now

jhanic
06-03-2015, 11:36 AM
Updated the limitation of the UK Finders Keepers in the listing.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Stephen-King-Finders-Keepers-Limited-Edition-Advance-Proof-Numbered-New-/201364491853?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item2ee2424e4d

John

Randall Flagg
06-03-2015, 11:42 AM
8 bids, $79:
Stephen King Finders Keepers Proof UK Limited Edition (http://www.ebay.com/itm/Stephen-King-Finders-Keepers-Proof-UK-Limited-Edition-/141683457226?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item20fcfdfcca)

$91.95 BIN:
Stephen King - Gerald's Game - Hodder & Stoughton, 1992, UK Proof Edition (http://www.ebay.com/itm/Stephen-King-Geralds-Game-Hodder-Stoughton-1992-UK-Proof-Edition-/251982064131?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item3aab4d2a03)

Johnny007
06-03-2015, 06:39 PM

John

It goes:

Unbound page proof
Red/black cover proof
CD proof with the book cover

I have no good idea on how much time passed between each, though.

John

Thanks, John.

John

jonp
06-04-2015, 01:58 AM
I have a second chance offer on eBay for a Revival UK Limited edition Proof for £238 approx. $365. Is this a reasonable price and did I go mad bidding on the original auction?
Thanking you in advance for your help.

neo_trinity
06-04-2015, 03:07 AM
I have a second chance offer on eBay for a Revival UK Limited edition Proof for £238 approx. $365. Is this a reasonable price and did I go mad bidding on the original auction?

I would not recommend it. I was also offered the same deal by Paul (he had some nerve to ask me for GBP 250) and said it was a 2nd copy he had, because the first was sold. Is it possible he got 2 copies? Maybe, but then why didn't his original purchaser want it? It looks like GBP 111 was the next bid under you. I would start from there, but be careful if you go outside of eBay.

Just my 2 cents. I won't be taking him up on his offer.
Gerald

jonp
06-04-2015, 03:32 AM

I would not recommend it. I was also offered the same deal by Paul (he had some nerve to ask me for GBP 250) and said it was a 2nd copy he had, because the first was sold. Is it possible he got 2 copies? Maybe, but then why didn't his original purchaser want it? It looks like GBP 111 was the next bid under you. I would start from there, but be careful if you go outside of eBay.

Just my 2 cents. I won't be taking him up on his offer.
Gerald

Thanks Gerald, Very interesting. In the offer he says he has a second copy in the same condition. I will have to think on this. I have another 20 hours to think on the offer. It seems less or similar to current or completed listings.

jhanic
06-04-2015, 03:50 AM
It seems too early to decide if that's a good price or not. It's not TOO far out, though, if it is high.

John

Mr. Rabbit Trick
06-04-2015, 03:56 AM

In 6 months you will get one for less than £100.

jonp
06-04-2015, 04:49 AM

I'm still on the fence but I may wait for the prices to go down. It's either this or some older proofs.

Randall Flagg
06-04-2015, 05:01 AM
1 bid, $13.80:
STEPHEN KING Blockade Billy Advance Uncorrected Proof paperback limited and rare (http://www.ebay.com/itm/STEPHEN-KING-Blockade-Billy-Advance-Uncorrected-Proof-paperback-limited-and-rare-/171814428628?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item2800f01fd4)

jonp
06-04-2015, 05:26 AM
It seems too early to decide if that's a good price or not. It's not TOO far out, though, if it is high.

John

Thanks for your help John and Alan.

zelig
06-04-2015, 07:06 AM
Just for the record, I don't know who Paul is that Gerald mentioned, but it isn't me. :smile:

neo_trinity
06-04-2015, 07:11 AM
Just for the record, I don't know who Paul is that Gerald mentioned, but it isn't me. :smile:

The hell you say! You mean there is more than one Paul in this World? Okay, I will update the records of people I know.

No, the seller was Paul Fleschig, and the item was Revival UK Proof (http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Stephen-King-Revival-UK-unread-limited-uncorrected-advance-proof-159-200-/291476698503?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item43dd5d7587)

zelig
06-04-2015, 07:17 AM
Ah, okay... I saw that but wasn't following it too much. Was just saying as there's not too many's Paul's around the DT forum. Anyway, if it was me I'd have offered it to you for £350! Just kidding of course... BTW I'm lucky enough to have a signed copy of that proof :biggrin:

sharki69
06-04-2015, 07:27 AM

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Stephen-King-Finders-Keepers-Limited-Edition-Advance-Proof-Numbered-New-/201364491853?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item2ee2424e4d

John

John,

I believe you need to update the limitation again...

http://www.abebooks.com/servlet/BookDetailsPL?bi=16097063605&searchurl=x%3D31%26y%3D2%26bi%3D0%26ds%3D30%26bx%3 Doff%26sortby%3D0%26kn%3Dproof%26an%3Dstephen+king %26recentlyadded%3Dall

zelig
06-04-2015, 07:36 AM

John

John,

I believe you need to update the limitation again...

http://www.abebooks.com/servlet/BookDetailsPL?bi=16097063605&searchurl=x%3D31%26y%3D2%26bi%3D0%26ds%3D30%26bx%3 Doff%26sortby%3D0%26kn%3Dproof%26an%3Dstephen+king %26recentlyadded%3Dall

Look at that price... also, isn't it still debatable as to whether these were randomly numbered?

jhanic
06-04-2015, 11:08 AM
The listing is updated. If it turns out that they were randomly numbered, I'll try to reflect that in the listing.

John

Mr. Rabbit Trick
06-04-2015, 09:53 PM
Thank you all. I pray it's a good sale. I realize this is not a Tolkien forum, so I don't want to offend anyone by talking anymore about it. My passion for both writers is evenly matched.
Gerald

It WAS a good sale... "The Hobbit first edition fetches £137,000 at auction"...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-33013144

jonp
06-04-2015, 10:33 PM
Wow! That's amazing. Congratulations Gerald.

George at C-Springs
06-04-2015, 11:07 PM
Holy crap Gerald. You know how many proofs I could buy with that? All of them! I can't imagine what the rest of your collection looks like; everything you've been kind enough to share with us here has been just flabbergasting.

carlosdetweiller
06-05-2015, 02:43 AM
That is fantastic, Gerald! Congratulations!

killjoy72
06-05-2015, 04:30 AM
:clap:

Randall Flagg
06-05-2015, 06:14 AM
$39 BIN:
BAG OF BONES STEPHEN KING ARC 1998 (http://www.ebay.com/itm/BAG-OF-BONES-STEPHEN-KING-ARC-1998-/251984189763?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3aab6d9943)

neo_trinity
06-05-2015, 06:57 AM
Thank you all for your kind words. It was a good sale and I am happy to see that new collectors are continuing to enter the field. It's always a good sign that books are well appreciated.

Take care.
Gerald

zelig
06-05-2015, 08:27 AM
Amazing Gerald, massive congratulations on the sale! And George, I'm with you man.... we could but a lot of proofs with that!

biomieg
06-05-2015, 08:37 AM
You did great, Gerald! Congratulations!

I agree with George and Paul but the problem with all those scarce and desirable proofs is that they have to come up for sale before you can buy them...

zedshead
06-05-2015, 08:38 AM
Quite impressive list. Now, how many do you own???? :rofl:

:rolleyes2::rolleyes2::rolleyes2::rolleyes2:
really to the point,.,hehehe

http://zaipics.science/22/o.png
http://zaipics.science/23/o.png

zelig
06-05-2015, 09:08 AM
You did great, Gerald! Congratulations!

I agree with George and Paul but the problem with all those scarce and desirable proofs is that they have to come up for sale before you can buy them...

Good point.

biomieg
06-05-2015, 10:12 AM
... but it makes it all the more exciting when they do come up for sale! I remember the first and only Doubleday proof I ever saw on eBay (Night Shift, maybe four years ago) - totally out of my league of course, but very entertaining to watch what happened.

Sadly, I think 99% of the truly scarce proofs are sold in private transactions nowadays.

zelig
06-05-2015, 10:33 AM
... but it makes it all the more exciting when they do come up for sale! I remember the first and only Doubleday proof I ever saw on eBay (Night Shift, maybe four years ago) - totally out of my league of course, but very entertaining to watch what happened.

Sadly, I think 99% of the truly scarce proofs are sold in private transactions nowadays.

Do you remember what that Night Shift on eBay sold for?

George at C-Springs
06-05-2015, 10:38 AM
I don't know what I'd do if a Doubleday proof showed up on eBay; probably scrape together all my savings and make some over-the-top offer offline and hope to beat all the rest of you to it!

zelig
06-05-2015, 10:47 AM
I was curious as to why this is considered a proof when it doesn't say anything about it being a proof or ARC on the actual item. It has "Promotional Item" printed on the back. Is this not more of a pomo item than a proof?

http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c330/zelig7/IMG_3964_sm_zpsynujc50g.jpg

biomieg
06-05-2015, 10:54 AM
I'd say you're right. Just like the Dreamcatcher 'ledger' and (IMO) some of the UK 'samplers'. But they're all 'pre-publication states', which makes them interesting :)

biomieg
06-05-2015, 11:12 AM
Oh, and I think the Night Shift proof went for about $4000. IIRC, it was first listed for a lot less and I think Bob grabbed it, but then the listing was pulled because the seller had come to the conclusion he could get a lot more for it. It was then purchased by a TDT member and later sold through Betts when he decided to quit collecting.

I may be wrong on some of the details but this is my recollection.

jhanic
06-05-2015, 12:42 PM
I classify that TGWLTG promo the same as the samplers for the UK Blaze and Just After Sunset--neither of which had a true UK proof.

John

Mr. Rabbit Trick
06-05-2015, 02:23 PM
Oh, and I think the Night Shift proof went for about $4000. IIRC, it was first listed for a lot less and I think Bob grabbed it, but then the listing was pulled because the seller had come to the conclusion he could get a lot more for it. It was then purchased by a TDT member and later sold through Betts when he decided to quit collecting.

I sold my UK Night Shift proof for $4500, but there are fewer UK ones than USA ones.

zelig
06-05-2015, 02:33 PM
I classify that TGWLTG promo the same as the samplers for the UK Blaze and Just After Sunset--neither of which had a true UK proof.

John

I sold my UK Night Shift proof for $4500, but there are fewer UK ones than USA ones.

Good to know...Thanks for the info guys.

carlosdetweiller
06-05-2015, 04:00 PM

It was a long time ago and my memory is hazy too. The proof was found when someone was cleaning out a rental house. The condition was not that great. They thought it might be valuable and got a friend to list it on eBay. It was poorly listed and didn't show up on the usual searches. I think I was the high bidder at something like $300. I, of course, paid immediately but the lister said the owner would not sell at that price. No amount of gentle arguing (legally binding contract, etc.) could get them to let me have it. I guess it was relisted but I was pissed and didn't pay any attention to the subsequent listing.

carlosdetweiller
06-05-2015, 04:04 PM

I think Gerald (neo_trinity) has the early UK proofs. I would be interested in seeing them or at least getting a description. I have a copy of The Stand that matched Mr. Rabbit Trick's Night Shift in that they had plain white wraps with a trimmed dj attached in sort of "French flaps" manner. I've always wondered if these were "true" proofs or some sort of an ARC.

dnemec
06-05-2015, 04:06 PM

It was a long time ago and my memory is hazy too. The proof was found when someone was cleaning out a rental house. The condition was not that great. They thought it might be valuable and got a friend to list it on eBay. It was poorly listed and didn't show up on the usual searches. I think I was the high bidder at something like $300. I, of course, paid immediately but the lister said the owner would not sell at that price. No amount of gentle arguing (legally binding contract, etc.) could get them to let me have it. I guess it was relisted but I was pissed and didn't pay any attention to the subsequent listing.

This is the kind of thing that pisses me off about eBay. :onfire:

biomieg
06-05-2015, 10:24 PM
AFAIK the proof was relisted and then purchased by Kyle Cooke (kacod), and later sold again through Betts.

zelig
06-06-2015, 09:28 AM

I think Gerald (neo_trinity) has the early UK proofs. I would be interested in seeing them or at least getting a description. I have a copy of The Stand that matched Mr. Rabbit Trick's Night Shift in that they had plain white wraps with a trimmed dj attached in sort of "French flaps" manner. I've always wondered if these were "true" proofs or some sort of an ARC.

Yes, would be great to see the early UK proofs... Gerald if you have them and feel like sharing, I think it's time to dazzle us again mate!

Stockerlone
06-06-2015, 10:03 AM
Not supernice but i always buy the German ARC Leseexemplar books...

Stephen King / Richard Bachman - Desperation / Regulator
GermanLeseexemplar ARC
http://www.thedarktower.org/gallery/data/742/medium/PICT3288.JPG
http://www.thedarktower.org/gallery/data/742/medium/PICT3287.JPG
http://www.thedarktower.org/gallery/data/742/medium/PICT3289.JPG

Randall Flagg
06-07-2015, 04:56 PM
$.99 start:
Everything's Eventual by Stephen King Advance Uncorrected Reader's Proof (http://www.ebay.com/itm/Everythings-Eventual-by-Stephen-King-Advance-Uncorrected-Readers-Proof-/111688507897?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1a012761f9)

zelig
06-07-2015, 05:19 PM
This went for a tidy sum. $566. I didn't expect this proof to fetch that much.

IT Stephen King ARC 1st Proof Cemetery Dance Horror Alan Clark 25th Anniversary (http://www.ebay.com/itm/IT-Stephen-King-ARC-1st-Proof-Cemetery-Dance-Horror-Alan-Clark-25th-Anniversary-/201362373533?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2ee221fb9d)

killjoy72
06-08-2015, 04:31 AM
I honestly thought it would've went a bit higher...

jonp
06-08-2015, 04:52 AM
I honestly thought it would've went a bit higher...

I was considering bidding but was put off by the lamination separation and wear bottom right corner. I was put off by that and possibly other bidders as well?

Randall Flagg
06-08-2015, 05:02 AM
Zero bids, $.99:
On Writing - Stephen King Advanced Reading Copy Uncorrected Proof (http://www.ebay.com/itm/On-Writing-Stephen-King-Advanced-Reading-Copy-Uncorrected-Proof-/111688509941?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1a012769f5)

jonp
06-08-2015, 07:46 AM
John, Finders Keepers UK proof number 271 is on sale on abebooks for $235. So the total is slightly higher.

Roseannebarr
06-08-2015, 07:48 AM
Why the lack of US proofs for sale? i have only seen one so far?

jhanic
06-08-2015, 08:19 AM
John, Finders Keepers UK proof number 271 is on sale on abebooks for $235. So the total is slightly higher.

Listing updated.

I'm also a bit surprised at how few US proofs are being offered.

John

George at C-Springs
06-08-2015, 12:36 PM
This went for a tidy sum. $566. I didn't expect this proof to fetch that much.

I was considering bidding but was put off by the lamination separation and wear bottom right corner. I was put off by that and possibly other bidders as well?

I think that was a low price even considering the flaws; I was expecting it to go for $650-700.

biomieg
06-09-2015, 03:55 AM
I'm not sure if this one was brought to the attention already:

Finders Keepers UK proof (#271) (http://www.abebooks.com/servlet/BookDetailsPL?bi=16132645601&searchurl=kn%3Dproof%26sortby%3D0%26an%3Dstephen+k ing) - $237.

carlosdetweiller
06-09-2015, 04:00 AM

Finders Keepers UK proof (#271) (http://www.abebooks.com/servlet/BookDetailsPL?bi=16132645601&searchurl=kn%3Dproof%26sortby%3D0%26an%3Dstephen+k ing) - $237.

That seller must have a pretty large stash of them. It seems he lists a new one every other day or so.

biomieg
06-09-2015, 04:08 AM
There seem to be quite a lot of these floating around!

Br!an
06-09-2015, 04:27 AM
That's probably why that one on ABE is still there.

zelig
06-09-2015, 06:29 AM

That seller must have a pretty large stash of them. It seems he lists a new one every other day or so.

I've noticed that too. This one looks like it sold. It's the 2nd one from the seller that I've seen listed. There could have been more though that I missed.

jonp
06-09-2015, 06:45 AM

I've noticed that too. This one looks like it sold. It's the 2nd one from the seller that I've seen listed. There could have been more though that I missed.

The one I bought off eBay couple days ago was the same seller!

carlosdetweiller
06-09-2015, 07:00 AM

I'm pretty sure he has listed at least four of them. I may have missed one though.

sharki69
06-09-2015, 07:50 AM

I'm pretty sure he has listed at least four of them. I may have missed one though.

2 more from this seller -

# 268 - $237 (http://www.abebooks.com/servlet/BookDetailsPL?bi=16142638738&searchurl=bi%3D0%26ds%3D30%26bx%3Doff%26sortby%3D0 %26vci%3D60735512%26recentlyadded%3Dall)

#252 - $284 (http://www.abebooks.com/servlet/BookDetailsPL?bi=16142639120&searchurl=bi%3D0%26ds%3D30%26bx%3Doff%26sortby%3D0 %26vci%3D60735512%26recentlyadded%3Dall)

herbertwest
06-09-2015, 08:43 AM
They grabbed a box or what?

Sir_Boomme
06-09-2015, 09:24 AM

This one looks like it sold.

^ yep... had this bookmarked for a while... was waiting to see if I could get one off ebay cheaper... but since you posted it here... decided to go ahead and eat the bullet.

for some reason... the proof bug has bitten me lately.... pretty sure Ari caused this.

after a long long lull in buying anything, I've bought like 7-8 ARC/proofs in the past week.

jonp
06-09-2015, 11:18 AM
They grabbed a box or what?

I think he has got a box of them, he's just put #253 on eBay starting at £0.01!

zelig
06-09-2015, 11:55 AM
How do you know it's the same seller from Abe?

jonp
06-09-2015, 12:02 PM
How do you know it's the same seller from Abe?

That's the seller I bought my copy off and my paypal receipt was from Bookmail ( the Abe seller ).

zelig
06-09-2015, 12:05 PM
He's sure flooding the market.

Randall Flagg
06-10-2015, 05:00 AM
$325 BIN:
Stephen King Talisman uncorrected proof ARC advance ucp (http://www.ebay.com/itm/Stephen-King-Talisman-uncorrected-proof-ARC-advance-ucp-/131532829653?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1e9ff7b3d5)

herbertwest
06-13-2015, 09:48 AM
So there is a limitation / numbered version of the embargoed UK proof of 22/11/63

Stephen King - 11.22.63 - UK Uncorrected Advance Proof (Embargoed) - 041/400

http://i1277.photobucket.com/albums/y496/fenpad/IMG_4424_zpswtkwone1.jpg (http://s1277.photobucket.com/user/fenpad/media/IMG_4424_zpswtkwone1.jpg.html)http://i1277.photobucket.com/albums/y496/fenpad/IMG_4425_zpsjz8mdepi.jpg (http://s1277.photobucket.com/user/fenpad/media/IMG_4425_zpsjz8mdepi.jpg.html)

>>> http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/showthread.php?18338-Book-Collection-jonp&p=928181#post928181

carlosdetweiller
06-13-2015, 10:50 AM
So there is a limitation / numbered version of the embargoed UK proof of 22/11/63

All the copies I have seen of the "second state" of the proof with "Embargoed......." printed on each page have been hand numbered as xxx/400. Just like this one.

And, all of the copies of the presumed "first state" of the proof without the "Embargoed....." statement on each page have been hand numbered as well. The limitation on the first state is, I believe, 70 copies.

jhanic
06-13-2015, 12:04 PM

All the copies I have seen of the "second state" of the proof with "Embargoed......." printed on each page have been hand numbered as xxx/400. Just like this one.

And, all of the copies of the presumed "first state" of the proof without the "Embargoed....." statement on each page have been hand numbered as well. The limitation on the first state is, I believe, 70 copies.

I agree. Those "first state" copies are pretty scarce.

John

herbertwest
06-14-2015, 04:59 AM
OK, then my memory must have been failing and as I dont think that i've noticed limitations on the first post of this thread i thought there were no indications of limitations

jhanic
06-14-2015, 08:57 AM
I added the white cover Danse Macabre proof. Is this the only proof or is there another version?

John

Randall Flagg
06-14-2015, 11:06 AM
1 bid, $35:
**** Dolores Claiborne by Stephen King - Unrevised and Unpublished Proofs*** (http://www.ebay.com/itm/Dolores-Claiborne-by-Stephen-King-Unrevised-and-Unpublished-Proofs-/291492211895?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item43de4a2cb7)

carlosdetweiller
06-14-2015, 12:21 PM
1 bid, $35:
**** Dolores Claiborne by Stephen King - Unrevised and Unpublished Proofs*** (http://www.ebay.com/itm/Dolores-Claiborne-by-Stephen-King-Unrevised-and-Unpublished-Proofs-/291492211895?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item43de4a2cb7)

Nice one. It looks unpunished too.

carlosdetweiller
06-14-2015, 01:45 PM
I can't remember if I have posted this galley proof or not. Seeing Gerald's fantastic UK proof got me to thinking about this. These are the long unbound galley proof pages for the Everest House edition of Danse Macabre. I first saw these years ago in Barry Levin's store in Santa Monica. He was convinced that there are multiple corrections in King's hand. I'm not entirely certain but Barry is rarely wrong about stuff like that so I'll go along with corrections in King's hand. It is stated on the custom case that someone made for these pages. Chris Cavalier must have bought them because they were in his "Super Collection" that was sold through Betts. There are multiple corrections in many different hands which I find amusing because even with so many corrections there are still numerous errors, both textual and factual, in the finished book.

http://i204.photobucket.com/albums/bb54/carlosdetweiller/dansegalley1_zpszn0ulpih.jpg

http://i204.photobucket.com/albums/bb54/carlosdetweiller/dansegalley2_zpsdxbu78xz.jpg

http://i204.photobucket.com/albums/bb54/carlosdetweiller/dansegalley3_zps6mehaclw.jpg

I'm pretty sure that these are some of the corrections that Levin says are in King's hand. Again, I'm not 100% convinced of that fact.

http://i204.photobucket.com/albums/bb54/carlosdetweiller/dansegalley4.jpf_zps4xymllkj.jpg

Here is the proof of the limitation page for the signed limited edition. This early proof does not mention the lettered state.

http://i204.photobucket.com/albums/bb54/carlosdetweiller/dansegalley5_zps4oplcnmz.jpg

A last minute addition that King has sent in that made it as a footnote into the finished book on pp. 346-347. I'm nearly 100% certain that this is original typed manuscript and not photocopy.

http://i204.photobucket.com/albums/bb54/carlosdetweiller/dansegalley6_zpsvvamjv42.jpg

zelig
06-14-2015, 02:32 PM
I don't recall seeing this item before Bob. Thanks for posting it. Very interesting.

jhanic
06-14-2015, 02:36 PM
Neat, Bob! Congratulations (again!)

John

neo_trinity
06-14-2015, 06:53 PM
I can't remember if I have posted this galley proof or not. Seeing Gerald's fantastic UK proof got me to thinking about this. These are the long unbound galley proof pages for the Everest House edition of Danse Macabre. I first saw these years ago in Barry Levin's store in Santa Monica. He was convinced that there are multiple corrections in King's hand. I'm not entirely certain but Barry is rarely wrong about stuff like that so I'll go along with corrections in King's hand. It is stated on the custom case that someone made for these pages. Chris Cavalier must have bought them because they were in his "Super Collection" that was sold through Betts. There are multiple corrections in many different hands which I find amusing because even with so many corrections there are still numerous errors, both textual and factual, in the finished book.

Looks great Bob. When I heard about Chris's collection in 2006, because of the time difference with Ireland, it was too late. This was listed as SOLD on the website. Congratulations.

- Gerald

herbertwest
06-15-2015, 12:11 AM
As usual, nice item Bob !

Something I didn't fully understand from your comment : "It is stated on the custom case that someone made for these pages." What did you mean by that?

carlosdetweiller
06-15-2015, 01:52 AM

Something I didn't fully understand from your comment : "It is stated on the custom case that someone made for these pages." What did you mean by that?

The words "Author Corrections" are are on the spine of the custom traycase that someone made for these pages.

Ben Mears
06-15-2015, 02:15 AM
Nice proofs from Bob & Gerald. Always enjoy the background/history of the your items.

herbertwest
06-15-2015, 03:03 AM

The words "Author Corrections" are are on the spine of the custom traycase that someone made for these pages.

OK thanks, I didn't read that in your previous message.

Br!an
06-15-2015, 03:21 AM

"there are multiple corrections in King's hand... It is stated on the custom case that someone made for these pages."

It is stated on the case that there are corrections made by King is how I read it.

Randall Flagg
06-15-2015, 04:49 AM
$499:
STEPHEN KING The Secretary of Dreams V 1 & 2 Proof ARC Chadbourne Cemetery Dance (http://www.ebay.com/itm/STEPHEN-KING-The-Secretary-of-Dreams-V-1-2-Proof-ARC-Chadbourne-Cemetery-Dance-/191602331819?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2c9c6390ab)

$129:

CARRIE Stephen King ARC Proof 1st Cemetery Dance Ania Ahlborn Within These Walls (http://www.ebay.com/itm/CARRIE-Stephen-King-ARC-Proof-1st-Cemetery-Dance-Ania-Ahlborn-Within-These-Walls-/191602292702?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2c9c62f7de)

herbertwest
06-15-2015, 05:31 AM

"there are multiple corrections in King's hand... It is stated on the custom case that someone made for these pages."

It is stated on the case that there are corrections made by King is how I read it.

It indeed makes more sense now. Thanks again :)

Sir_Boomme
06-15-2015, 04:27 PM

http://i204.photobucket.com/albums/bb54/carlosdetweiller/dansegalley1_zpszn0ulpih.jpg

http://i204.photobucket.com/albums/bb54/carlosdetweiller/dansegalley2_zpsdxbu78xz.jpg

http://i204.photobucket.com/albums/bb54/carlosdetweiller/dansegalley3_zps6mehaclw.jpg

I'm pretty sure that these are some of the corrections that Levin says are in King's hand. Again, I'm not 100% convinced of that fact.

http://i204.photobucket.com/albums/bb54/carlosdetweiller/dansegalley4.jpf_zps4xymllkj.jpg

Here is the proof of the limitation page for the signed limited edition. This early proof does not mention the lettered state.

http://i204.photobucket.com/albums/bb54/carlosdetweiller/dansegalley5_zps4oplcnmz.jpg

A last minute addition that King has sent in that made it as a footnote into the finished book on pp. 346-347. I'm nearly 100% certain that this is original typed manuscript and not photocopy.

http://i204.photobucket.com/albums/bb54/carlosdetweiller/dansegalley6_zpsvvamjv42.jpg

those typed pages are pretty fraking awesome Bob... so jealous of that...

those first copies remind me of these I bought....also from chris's old collection... (think you've seen these personally ha ha)

http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj13/sir_boomme/My%20Book%20Collection/sk-Doubleday/standuncutstacks002.jpg

http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj13/sir_boomme/My%20Book%20Collection/sk-Doubleday/standcopies001.jpg

http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj13/sir_boomme/My%20Book%20Collection/sk-Doubleday/standcopies005.jpg

http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj13/sir_boomme/My%20Book%20Collection/sk-Doubleday/standprf0.jpg

http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj13/sir_boomme/My%20Book%20Collection/sk-Doubleday/standprf1.jpg

http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj13/sir_boomme/My%20Book%20Collection/sk-Doubleday/standprf2.jpg

http://s268.photobucket.com/user/sir_boomme/media/My%20Book%20Collection/sk-Doubleday/standprf_bset2.jpg.html?sort=3&o=68

Sir_Boomme
06-15-2015, 04:31 PM
BTW Bob... if I send you some trunks... can you bring your library with you to Maine next month so we can all drool over it?

carlosdetweiller
06-15-2015, 04:40 PM
BTW Bob... if I send you some trunks... can you bring your library with you to Maine next month so we can all drool over it?

Why doesn't everyone just stop over in Amarillo on their way home?

Sir_Boomme
06-15-2015, 04:45 PM

Why doesn't everyone just stop over in Amarillo on their way home?

better be careful making that offer Bob... everyone here knows about that collection of yours and have been dreaming for years about walking into that awesome basement of yours. You might just wake up to find 5000+ hungry fanatical king fans standing on your doorstep next week.
I myself just want to take a peek at and play some monkey bars on the oil well derrick you have in your backyard.

carlosdetweiller
06-15-2015, 05:34 PM
Derricks (plural).

Sir_Boomme
06-15-2015, 09:11 PM
I knew it... I knew it!
there's no way you could have fill that entire basement with all them goodies on just a doctor's salary....

jhanic
06-16-2015, 05:18 PM
Way over-priced given the condition:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/STEPHEN-KING-V-RARE-UNCORRECTED-PRESENATION-PROOF-TWICE-THE-POWER-1991-Hodder-/281725061572?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item41981f49c4

John

Sir_Boomme
06-16-2015, 05:23 PM
Way over-priced given the condition:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/STEPHEN-KING-V-RARE-UNCORRECTED-PRESENATION-PROOF-TWICE-THE-POWER-1991-Hodder-/281725061572?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item41981f49c4

John

I agree... I looked at that last week, since I don't have that one and I've been buying proofs lately... but no way in hell I'd pay a quarter of that price for that copy... I know it's rare...but the condition on that particular one... just would be acceptable quality to add to my collection, at any pretty much any price. (maybe if I got it for 20 bucks)
I'd rather wait until a fine copy shows up at a reasonable price.

zelig
06-16-2015, 05:46 PM
If I'm not mistaken, this one has shown up numerous times. Agree that it's overpriced and there are better copies out there.

Randall Flagg
06-18-2015, 05:21 AM
Stephen King Misery uncorrected proof, ARC, advance, ucp, first edition (http://www.ebay.com/itm/Stephen-King-Misery-uncorrected-proof-ARC-advance-ucp-first-edition-/131538395628?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1ea04ca1ec)

PROMO item, NOT the true full proof:
PROMO ITEM Stephen King POP-UP The Girl Who Loved Tom Gordon 2004 HTF ARC Mint (http://www.ebay.com/itm/PROMO-ITEM-Stephen-King-POP-UP-The-Girl-Who-Loved-Tom-Gordon-2004-HTF-ARC-Mint-/301383239140?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item462bd745e4)

Randall Flagg
06-20-2015, 04:52 AM
$179:
Stephen King Just after Sunset uncorrected proof, arc, advance (http://www.ebay.com/itm/Stephen-King-Just-after-Sunset-uncorrected-proof-arc-advance-/131539671443?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1ea0601993)

Randall Flagg
06-20-2015, 11:45 AM
INTERESTING (and expensive). $495 BIN:
ORIGINAL STEPHEN KING LONG GALLEY PROOFS FOR LORD JOHN PRESS BOOK 1991 (http://www.ebay.com/itm/ORIGINAL-STEPHEN-KING-LONG-GALLEY-PROOFS-FOR-LORD-JOHN-PRESS-BOOK-1991-/381302144704?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item58c760fec0)

http://thumbs1.ebaystatic.com/d/l225/m/mYu28zT6l0tHy9BT3g80sew.jpg

$80 BIN:
DARK MASQUES - ARC - Stephen King, Ray Bradbury, Robert McCammon........ (http://www.ebay.com/itm/DARK-MASQUES-ARC-Stephen-King-Ray-Bradbury-Robert-McCammon-/151720300346?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_2&hash=item23533c0f3a)

Bev Vincent
06-22-2015, 03:30 AM
Technically not a proof, since it is indistinguishable from the finished product, but I received this in advance from the publisher for purposes of review, and it is accompanied by promo material from the publisher

http://www.bevvincent.com/images/drunken.JPG

herbertwest
06-22-2015, 04:05 AM
Lilja recieved one as well, last week.

Ari_Racing
06-22-2015, 11:00 AM
What kind of promo material, Bev, if I may ask?

Bev Vincent
06-22-2015, 11:07 AM
A 1-page letter from the publicist to reviewers and a 3-page (2 sheets of paper) press release.

Randall Flagg
06-22-2015, 02:59 PM
Pricey. CARRIE Stephen King Advance Reader Copy CUSTOM traycase w/ Doubleday REVIEW note (http://www.ebay.com/itm/CARRIE-Stephen-King-Advance-Reader-Copy-CUSTOM-traycase-w-Doubleday-REVIEW-note-/311387210178?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item48801fc1c2)

http://thumbs3.ebaystatic.com/d/l225/m/mlcjV51SOf9oxH7PaYWEd-A.jpg

Lot guy
06-23-2015, 02:48 PM
DTVI black taped spine, Grant reportedly only made a handful of this state.http://rs777.pbsrc.com/albums/yy59/mrfjstbhf/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zpszf3xghty.jpg~320x480

AKC
06-23-2015, 02:54 PM
Pricey. CARRIE Stephen King Advance Reader Copy CUSTOM traycase w/ Doubleday REVIEW note (http://www.ebay.com/itm/CARRIE-Stephen-King-Advance-Reader-Copy-CUSTOM-traycase-w-Doubleday-REVIEW-note-/311387210178?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item48801fc1c2)

http://thumbs3.ebaystatic.com/d/l225/m/mlcjV51SOf9oxH7PaYWEd-A.jpg

Auction ended.....