PDA

View Full Version : Stupid games we play

Jon
09-03-2008, 10:50 PM
I play many stupid games. But lately, my brother and I take our old trucks that we haul limbs and debris across our property to be burned, and race them. We race them in a very different way than most rednecks. You see, he and I both have large tracts of land and we both have 1/4 mile tracks (dirt) we use to race ATV's and motorcycles.

Now...we get in our old thruks and race with the following rules.
1. You must wear a lap and shoulder seat belt.
2. You can only look through your digital camera's LCD monitor.

3. You may look at rearview mirros but only through your digital camera's LCD monitor

4. Keep the optical zoom at 5X or less. (This makes clear sight diffdifficult when you are riding in a bumpy old truck ,on a bumpy old track, being bumped by another bumpy old truck.)

5. If you leave the track you must return to it right away. (This often leads to collisions in the driver's door.)

6. You cannot bump your opponent into the creek. (My brother lives along the same creek as I, but a few miles upstream.)

6. You MAY bump your opponent into trees along the creek's bank.

7. After the race, you must help your opponent repair his truck, physically and financially, to a state where the truck can still haul brush and debris across the tract to a burn pile.

It's GREAT fun. I only do it sober. I have only been hurt once. In that same incident, repairs had to be made to my driver's door. That is the only real repair ever made. Sometimes we have to bend a fender away from a tire but that is not considered a repair. A flat tire is not considered a repair so we have to think about protecting our tires while racing. This adds a bit of saftey to the racing.

I want to hear of the stupid games my fellow .net members play.

Matt
09-04-2008, 06:17 AM
.com members. :thumbsup:

I used to play "monster on the stairs" with my kids until one of them kneed me in the nuts.

cozener
09-04-2008, 08:19 AM
My brother and I used to take a pair of socks, stuff one sock into the other, using the outer sock as a handle...it was like a soft mace. We used pillows as shields (stuck our arms up the cases to hold onto them) then we'd beat the hell out of each other. Great fun, that.

My oldest son likes to play a game that he refers to as "kick". This is basically where both of us are on the bed, he runs at me with the intent to do me bodily harm, and I body slam him down on the bed. :lol: He loves it. As soon as I get home from work, every day, I get the, "Can we kick?!" The youngest one just wants me to lay on the bed so he can flop over me. Not sure what he gets out of that but ah well, as long as he's happy.

Jon
09-05-2008, 12:08 AM
My brother and I used to take a pair of socks, stuff one sock into the other, using the outer sock as a handle...it was like a soft mace. We used pillows as shields (stuck our arms up the cases to hold onto them) then we'd beat the hell out of each other. Great fun, that.

My oldest son likes to play a game that he refers to as "kick". This is basically where both of us are on the bed, he runs at me with the intent to do me bodily harm, and I body slam him down on the bed. :lol: He loves it. As soon as I get home from work, every day, I get the, "Can we kick?!" The youngest one just wants me to lay on the bed so he can flop over me. Not sure what he gets out of that but ah well, as long as he's happy.

Soon, and sooner than you think, the last game will be dangerous to you, Coz!

cozener
09-05-2008, 03:06 PM
Already there :lol: Little bastard tagged me last week but good . I think he wants to make sure there are no more siblings to contend with.

Wuducynn
09-05-2008, 03:08 PM
Do yourself a favor

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/f/f1/Protective_cup.jpg/350px-Protective_cup.jpg

Ricky
09-05-2008, 03:23 PM
My oldest son likes to play a game that he refers to as "kick". This is basically where both of us are on the bed, he runs at me with the intent to do me bodily harm, and I body slam him down on the bed. :lol:

Oh God. My sister and I used to do the exact same thing when we were little, only instead of the bed it was the couch. We both stayed at opposite ends (we had a wraparound couch) and then charged at each other trying to knock each other off. :lol:

Now for the kicker, instead of calling it "kick", we called it, "Wanna piece of me?" :rofl:

cozener
09-05-2008, 03:46 PM
Do yourself a favor

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/f/f1/Protective_cup.jpg/350px-Protective_cup.jpg Oh I like that...sleek, comfortable...but I think I'd prefer a metallic blue.

Wuducynn
09-05-2008, 04:25 PM
Picky little bitch

Ka-mai
09-05-2008, 06:07 PM
My friends and I used to play a game we called "hangar" that may or may not be known by others.

Basically you get all the balls on a pool table, and instead of getting them in the pockets with sticks, you use your hands to push them as hard as you can to the opposite side of the table and try to get them in the pockets. Person/team with the most balls in the other side's pockets wins. This sounds kind of stupid until you realize with all the speed, ricocheting and how damn hard a billiards ball is, everyone came away with severely bruised knuckles and there was a lot of cursing going on.

It rocked. :thumbsup:

Jon
09-06-2008, 04:04 AM
My friends and I used to play a game we called "hangar" that may or may not be known by others.

Basically you get all the balls on a pool table, and instead of getting them in the pockets with sticks, you use your hands to push them as hard as you can to the opposite side of the table and try to get them in the pockets. Person/team with the most balls in the other side's pockets wins. This sounds kind of stupid until you realize with all the speed, ricocheting and how damn hard a billiards ball is, everyone came away with severely bruised knuckles and there was a lot of cursing going on.

It rocked. :thumbsup:

W called it "Bloody Knuckles."

It was fun.

Ricky
09-06-2008, 07:04 AM
we called "hangar"

We called it "Bloody Knuckles."

We calld it "Pool without sticks". :lol:

Ka-mai
09-06-2008, 02:47 PM
:lol: Sweet, I'm glad we weren't the only stupid people doing this.

Ricky, you and your friends got really creative, didn't they? :P

Ricky
09-06-2008, 02:49 PM
I know, right? :lol:

Ka-mai
09-06-2008, 02:58 PM
Every time I look at the name of this thread, I get a Good Charlotte song stuck in my head. The first lyric was "all these games we play, you're messing with my head."

Pity me.

TLC
09-06-2008, 07:29 PM
I used to play Pool without sticks too! ouch!