PDA

View Full Version : Sylvia Pittson

Xyph31
08-27-2008, 11:43 AM
First off, Hello everyone! I just registered today and this will be my first post. I am still reading the series so I'll be watching out for spoiler posts. I just finished reading Wizard and Glass, I should be picking up Wolves of Calla tomorrow.

Okay, so my questions. I got my cousin turned on to the Dark Tower series. I lent him The Gunslinger. When I asked him where he was in the book, he told me right after Roland killed everyone in Tull. He then started talking about Rolands meeting with Sylvia Pittson. Now I apologize before hand for not being the best reader out there, but I don't know if we interpreted the encounter differently or its just me.

What he got from the book was that Roland used his gun to stimulate Sylvia so he could get info on the Man in Black. She enjoyed it so much she couldn't help but to tell Roland. And when she climaxed it somehow killed the child in her. :wtf:

To him, this was the coolest thing ever. To me, I didn't get this at all. What I thought happened was Roland simply threatened to kill the child the Man in Black had given her. I hope someone can clear this up for me, thanks in advance. :rock:

Xyph31
08-27-2008, 11:56 AM
Dod, nevermind! I found my answer. He raped her with his father's gun.

Matt
08-27-2008, 11:56 AM
Great question. I believe it was simply shoving a blunt instrument up there that did it, but after years of thinking about it, I'm not even sure she was pregnant.

I've never heard of a climax killing a child or stimulation being some kind of truth serum but who knows, its an interesting way to look at it.

Welcome to the site, this thread may be merged as we have a ton of discussions going on Sylvia, she's a pretty popular bit character.

Letti
08-27-2008, 09:38 PM
Hey! Long days and pleasant nights.
Here is a thread about Tull and you can find lots of interesting post about Sylvia. You can see that there are points where the people don't agree at all. It's worth to read it:
http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/showthread.php?t=3342

cozener
09-25-2008, 05:25 AM
I don't know if Sylvia climaxed but I sure did.

BeDaN
09-25-2008, 05:54 AM
I always thought that the child was a demon hybrid and the Guns of Eld (being of the White) were used in the same way as Holy Water. . .Crucifix etc etc to a vampire. And that's what killed it.

Wuducynn
09-25-2008, 05:55 AM
She's all mine, Brad.

cozener
09-26-2008, 08:59 AM
What, you can't share? There's plenty of her to go around you know. Selfish fuck.

Wuducynn
09-26-2008, 11:16 AM
Yeah, that's how I roll.

cozener
09-26-2008, 11:52 AM
All I really want is to rub myself against her plump milky thigh. After that she's all yours.