PDA

View Full Version : Letti

Letti
08-24-2008, 02:19 PM
Hey,
it's me – Letti.
My whole name is Nikolett Szűcs. In fact here in Hungary we use it this way: Szűcs Nikolett, - first comes the family name and after that the first name. :)
I have a little brother who is 10 years old, and a 26-year-old sister. Both of them are very close to me and I am lucky to have such great siblings. My parents are divorced but they are good people with mistakes I notice in myself day by day.

I was born on the 17th January 1986 in Budapest, which is the capital city of Hungary. Yeah, it's a capital city but it's such a small country that sometimes I feel I live in the middle of nowhere.

I don't really know what I should write about my childhood... I was a lonely kid with lots of fantasy friends and fears. My biggest dream was to be accepted by others and to be a grown-up.

When I was about 16 years old with lots of hard work I reached the lowest point of my life. I failed at almost every subject in school (but I didn't give a damn about it), my teachers hated me and my parents were sure like hell that I would become a big no one.
In fact that's how I handled stress.
That's when I met my Moon (you might have heard a lot about) who saved my life in every way it's possible. He took my hand and he showed me that people could make a difference they could keep their spine if they wanted to. So I started to learn very hard again, I left my friends (who were my classmates and could never forgive my betrayal so they attacked me whenever they could during the last years of my school years) but I found new, true ones.
My whole world turned up side down because of Him.
My parents wanted to tear us apart because he was (and is) much older than me so we went through hell to make them accept our relationship. When we were just about to give up after 2 years of bloody fighting my dad realised they could do nothing so he found the way to peace.
Now I can say that me and my Moon have been together for 7 years.

When I was about 18 (some months before my final exams) a friend of mine asked if I would like to teach English. I had no degree but she knew me so she thought I could stand and be true as a teacher. I cried NO immediately, without any hesitation.
She had been chewing my ears for a week... and she could convince me somehow. Incredible.
I got a fake piece of paper from a doctor that I showed to my headmaster and so I didn't have to go to lessons on Tuesday and Thursday mornings. I got up at 5 o'clock on those mornings to go to the other side of the city (with hardly bearable stomach-ache – I was damn stressed) to teach the first class of my life.
I didn't go to university after school because I wanted to meet real life... and I met it so much that I didn't go to universe at all.
It means I have been teaching more than 4 years.

At that time there was no language school we were just teaching but year by year we became bigger and bigger and we had to realise that we had founded a fast growing language school.
Now we have more than 10 teachers and we are teaching from our own books.
I have been living alone for more than a year with a gerbil and a dwarf rabbit. I work and when I have a little free time I try to spend it with my loved ones. My biggest dream is to have a little house in the country with ducks and chickens. With peace in my heart and with the hand of my loved one my shoulder.

I am the boredom myself. Believe me. :D

And here is a pic of me. :rolleyes:
http://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p237/Lettike/me/hbj012.jpg

William50
08-24-2008, 02:28 PM
I have never seen a bad picture of you! http://www.mysmiley.net/imgs/smile/love/love0029.gif (http://www.mysmiley.net)

Letti
08-24-2008, 02:40 PM
I have never seen a bad picture of you! http://www.mysmiley.net/imgs/smile/love/love0029.gif (http://www.mysmiley.net)

Yeah, because I show just the acceptable ones. :D

Ricky
08-24-2008, 03:01 PM
Question time, Letti!!

If you could own any material item in the world, what would it be?
What is your favorite Stephen King book?
What is your favorite food item?
What's the worst thing you think that you've ever done?
What is your favorite Stephen King item that you own?

The Lady of Shadows
08-24-2008, 03:30 PM
hi letti! ::waves::

if you could change one thing in your life what would it be?
how much older than you was your moon when you first met?
what is your biggest accomplishment?
what is your biggest failure?
is it mandatory to learn english in hungary or did you decide to learn it on your own?
how long have you had alex and how much does he weigh now?
do you believe in soulmates?

turtlex
08-24-2008, 03:50 PM
Thank you for sharing and being open.
It's a gift.
It's a pleasure to know you.

sarah
08-24-2008, 04:50 PM
Hi Letti :couple: It is so good to know you better than when we first met over a year ago. :rose: Thank you for all your support and help in Mid World.

What is your favorite English word and why?

Who is your fictional hero?

What is your favorite color and flower?

How did you find tdt.net and what led you to tdt.com?

:rose::rose::rose::rose::rose::rose:

gsvec
08-24-2008, 04:59 PM
Hi, Letti! :D

What was your first King book and how did you come by it?

Have you ever been outside Hungary and, if so, when/where did you go?

Where is the one place you'd like to visit some day that you haven't?

Who is your idol?

Do you ever regret not going to university?

Daghain
08-24-2008, 06:02 PM
Yay, a Letti thread!

Do you prefer to read the DT books in English or Hungarian? Why?

If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be?

Peanut butter or Nutella?

If you could have any pet you wanted, what would it be?

Any plans to travel to the US?

What's your favorite number?

Jean
08-24-2008, 09:24 PM
Will you post a Moon's photo?

Where is that dancing bear??? I miss him so much. Can you somehow link me to him, so maybe I can post him from time to time?

Are you afraid of the dark?

Jon
08-24-2008, 09:32 PM
Hi Letti

Thank you for being in my life and the lives of so many others.

What sort of music do you listen to?

Have you ever needed money badly or quickly and sold a prized possession...if so, what was the item...and do you regret selling it so you could have the other item you bought with the proceeds?

Letti
08-24-2008, 09:36 PM
Hi there Ricky! :D
Question time, Letti!!

If you could own any material item in the world, what would it be?
I think books.

What is your favorite Stephen King book?
The Dark Tower. No question.

It's called Brassói, it's a really good Hungarian food.

What's the worst thing you think that you've ever done?
Worst?
There was a girl in high school who had no teeth.. but she was always smiling. So I had some bad years when I was about 13 I wanted to show the world that I couldn't be hurt anymore so I hurt others. I mean their soul.
So me and my friend made always fun from that girl.. because she always seemed so happy and cheerful and brave.
It doesn't make it any better but when I realised how horrible I was I became kind to her and we became pals. She burnt into my memory because she forgive me so easily that my shame became even bigger.

What is your favorite Stephen King item that you own?
Maybe the book I got from Jerome. It's The Dark Tower and the cover is as beautiful as possible.

Letti
08-24-2008, 11:36 PM
hi letti! ::waves::
if you could change one thing in your life what would it be?
You mean my recent life or past?
If we are talking about the present I would like to give excellent health to my Moon.
If we are talking about the past I would like to give a much nicer childhood to my mom.

how much older than you was your moon when you first met?
He is over 40 now.
(this is the point where people start to faint *smiles*)
Anyway when people see us together they don't get surprised but if they get the numbers... :rolleyes:

what is your biggest accomplishment?
Once a homeless came to me and when I couldn't give him money because there wasn't any on me he told me he might die anytime but as long as he lived he would never forget my beautiful eyes.

what is your biggest failure?
I am jealous. It's like a sickness... I can't stand it.

is it mandatory to learn english in hungary or did you decide to learn it on your own?
If you can't speak English here in Hungary you are lost so in school children must learn languages (but sadly most of them can't speak it when they leave school because many of the teachers aren't teachers at all).
For my part I learnt German, Latin and English but I can speak only English.
Anyway now English is love.

how long have you had alex and how much does he weigh now?
He is 7 months old now and I bought him when he was about 2 months old. He stayed some weeks at my mom with my little brother, but they got bored of him... so we have been together in happiness for almost half a year.
He is 2,3 kg now. :D I do hope he won't grow anymore.

do you believe in soulmates?
Hmmm, it depends on what you mean by that. I think I do.

Jean
08-24-2008, 11:44 PM
I have googled it... looks like something my wife might love, too... plenty of meat...

Do you prefer meat to fish/seafoods or poultry?

Pork, beef, or mutton?

Letti
08-25-2008, 01:09 AM
Hi Letti :couple: It is so good to know you better than when we first met over a year ago. :rose: Thank you for all your support and help in Mid World.

Thank you. :blush: You are way too kind.
I do love Mid-World. It's my pleasure to be there.

What is your favorite English word and why?

Let me think... there are many. And I am in love with expressions.
Let me tell you some..
tear
fear
word
world
... there are so many others. I could put a dictionary here. :D
I love the way they sound, I love their meanings, I love the feeling in them.

Who is your fictional hero?

I am not fond of heroes so much. I prefer simple people who make big things, they are my heroes. So I have a quite different meaning of hero in my mind. But if I had to choose a favourite hero I would say Roland.. however he isn't a superman, either. :)

What is your favorite color and flower?

My favourite colour is orange. Because even if I feel down it can make me feel happy. As a kid I used to wear only black and brown clothes because I was afraid to put on anything else but orange found me any day and I started to wear it whenever I could.
Red roses are my favourite flowers and I am in love with snowdrops.

How did you find tdt.net and what led you to tdt.com?
:rose::rose::rose::rose::rose::rose:

First I tried to find some Hungarian sites where I could talk about my favourite series but all of them were empty or full of aggressive people who thought they were gods and they were right about everything.
When I found DT.net I didn't dare to write anything so I read some posts and that was all.
I knew the translator of the Hungarian DT books via email and he suggested posting on DT.net because he said it was hopeless to find fans with real thoughts here in Hungary.
(Anyway his beautiful is Susan many of you know her and she is the only Hungarian person I can talk to about these amazing boosk.)
So I pulled myself together and I sent my first post on DT.net..

And this site... Brice told me that I should come here and I came. :)

Letti
08-25-2008, 01:12 AM
It's a gift.

Thank you. *smiles widely*
Anyway after some weeks of hesitation I started to use the bookmark you sent me. Whenever I look at it I feel happy. So thanks a lot. :rose:

turtlex
08-25-2008, 02:55 AM
It's a gift.

Anyway after some weeks of hesitation I started to use the bookmark you sent me. Whenever I look at it I feel happy. So thanks a lot. :rose:

A couple more are headed your way, to your new address. No need to worry about using them. That's what they are for. And you're very welcome.

Darkthoughts
08-25-2008, 03:09 AM
Letti :huglove:

How did you find out about Fatu Hiva - and what do I need to do to find out about it too?

Do you hope to live with your Moon one day, or are you both happy in your own space?

What's your favourite time of day?

Letti
08-25-2008, 03:29 AM
Hi, Letti! :D

What was your first King book and how did you come by it?

Hi there lovely one.
Oh my... I think it was Christine and I have no idea how I found my way to it.

Have you ever been outside Hungary and, if so, when/where did you go?

I have been to Spain, France, Turkey, Egypt, Italy, Tunisia, Slovakia, Bulgaria... I have been all around in Europe and I have been to Africa in some countries.
But there are so many more I dream about. For example the USA.

Where is the one place you'd like to visit some day that you haven't?

The USA, hands down.

Who is your idol?

I don't really have an idol.. there are so many types of men and women I find hot.
But usually handsome tall man over 30 with brown hair and brown eyes with some beard and life and wings in their eyes can catch me.

Do you ever regret not going to university?

No, not even for a moment.

Letti
08-25-2008, 03:41 AM
Yay, a Letti thread!

Do you prefer to read the DT books in English or Hungarian? Why?

Daghain, so good to see you. :wub:
In English!!! That's how King wrote them that's how there were born and there are lots of jokes and words you can't really put into Hungarian. And the slangs... for example the way Detta talks. You can try your best you can't give it back in Hungarian.
And I love this language so much that it's ammmazing to read this book in English.

If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be?

Maybe in the USA in a little town.

Peanut butter or Nutella?

Nutella but I try to avoid it as much as possible.. it's a witch. :D

If you could have any pet you wanted, what would it be?

A dog. I love dogs so much. But I live in a flat so I keep small pets. But one day I have my own dog.. or more.

Any plans to travel to the US?

Whenever I have the time the money I will go immediately. I hope I will get the visa.

What's your favorite number?

and 13

Letti
08-25-2008, 03:50 AM
Will you post a Moon's photo?

Hi there, Jean. *hugs*
I will try my best to find one. You can count on me.

Where is that dancing bear??? I miss him so much. Can you somehow link me to him, so maybe I can post him from time to time?

Shame on me I don't find it... it must be somewhere in the memory of my computer but I couldn't find it last time when I was looking for it.
But I will give it another try.
I miss it, too.

Are you afraid of the dark?

No, not at all. I fear things I can see.

Hi Letti

Thank you for being in my life and the lives of so many others.

Don't spoil me.. *hug*

What sort of music do you listen to?

I listen to everything I find good (how surprising) but usually I prefer music from the past. These DUMDUM songs aren't my cup of tea.

Have you ever needed money badly or quickly and sold a prized possession...if so, what was the item...and do you regret selling it so you could have the other item you bought with the proceeds?

I am not good at selling things so nothing similar has happened to me.

Letti
08-25-2008, 04:35 AM
I have googled it... looks like something my wife might love, too... plenty of meat...
Shall I give you the recipe? ;)

Do you prefer meat to fish/seafoods or poultry?

I love them both and they are way too different still too good to be able to choose.
But maybe fish/seafoods.

Pork, beef, or mutton?

It doesn't matter as long as it's meat. :D

It's a gift.

A couple more are headed your way, to your new address. No need to worry about using them. That's what they are for. And you're very welcome.

*faints* Thanks a million. You can be sure I will love them with all my heart and after some weeks I will (might) dare to use them.

Letti :huglove:

How did you find out about Fatu Hiva - and what do I need to do to find out about it too?

Lisa. :wub: I wish I could hug you in person.

Fatu Hiva is a good story.
I used to have a very good friend who I still miss every day. I haven't seen her for more than 4 years and I still see her day by day in the streets.. but I always have to realise that just my mind is playing with me.
We were really close to each other and we knew each other way too much. Our friendship ended because of my friend's boyfriend who wanted to own my friend way too much an was incredibly jealous of me.
Fruzsi had to choose.. and she chose her love. I can't blame her, I might have done the same.
So this girl was (and is) one of the most amazing, unique, interesting and valuable people I have ever met.
She was the one who was in love with Thor Heyerdahl and Fatu Hiva and she asked me to read his books because they meant the world to her. The sad thing is that I wasn't interested in this topic at that time.. In fact I started to read Thor Heyerdahl's books about his amazing (and so incredible) journeys because I missed Fruzsi so much. I wanted to get her back a little.. so I started to read her favourite books.
The first book I read by him was Aku-Aku, it's about the joruney he had on the Easter Islands. It's an incredible book.
The second one was Fatu Hiva... I fell in love with forever. It's so hard to believe it's a true story but it is.
We - me and my friend, Fruzsi - could never talk about Hatu Fiva however she showed me the way.

There is a club I started on Facebook, it's called Fatu Hiva and you can find lots of information about the island and about the book as well.

Do you hope to live with your Moon one day, or are you both happy in your own space?

I do. From the bottom of my heart.
We don't live together because our life is way too stressful and we wouldn't like to risk too much. It's not easy to live together with someone and if your life is a big hole of stress it's not the best decision to start to live together.
And he is a very hard personality... to tell you the truth I am not sure at all that we could live together easily.
But I do hope that we will some time and the first thing I will hear in the morning will be his breathing.

What's your favourite time of day?

nights
lovely nights

Spencer
08-25-2008, 05:33 AM
I like Letti.

She is hot.

She is sexy.

She is kind.

She is wonderful.

:wub:

jayson
08-25-2008, 06:06 AM
Hello Letti.

Firstly let me say that it is a pleasure to know you. You have always been very kind to me and I always look forward to reading your posts. You are a beautiful person, inside and out.

Ok, now on with the questions...

I do know that you play guitar.

How long have you played?

Do you play any other instruments?

If you could learn to play any instrument that you cannot already, which one would you most like to learn?

What do you like to play when you play your guitar (I mean - are there specific songs you like to play? Do you just play whatever you feel like playing? etc).

Do you sing?

Do you have a favorite band/artist?

If you could see any band/artist (past or present) live in concert, who would you most like to see?

That is all I can think of for now. Thanks for taking the time to answer questions. :)

alinda
08-25-2008, 06:17 AM
Letti, your story is as haunting as your beauty, I will have to think of what questions I can put to you. The answers you are sharing open up a whole other aspect of my love
for you. Amazing young woman, truely!:huglove:

ManOfWesternesse
08-25-2008, 06:24 AM
Hi Letti :huglove:

I have no questions for you really, just wanted to say hi, and to say how great it's been to talk to you for years now on the DT sites. May it go on for many years more. :wub:

alinda
08-25-2008, 06:25 AM
Hear Hear!!:rose:

sarah
08-25-2008, 07:34 AM
Letti, thank you so much for sharing so much of yourself in this thread. :rose:

wizardsrainbow
08-25-2008, 11:30 AM
Already well onto page 2 and it's still the first day.

Letti, I have to say that you are one of the loveliest, most kind and most optimistic people I have ever run across. Thanks for bringing a smile to my face so many times!

So, now my questions...

1) Which do you like more, sunrises or sunsets?

2) Does religion play an important role in your life?

3) What is your favorite beverage?

4) How do you manage to be so cheerful all the time?

Thanks Letti!

alinda
08-25-2008, 11:36 AM
Will you ever sing to me again? Please?:fairy:

BillyxRansom
08-25-2008, 12:20 PM
I don't necessarily have any questions for you Letti (I wonder if that is unfortunate or not? Hmm) but I will say this: from the few times I have talked to you on the boards, I realized that you are one of the most respectful/respectable people I've ever had the pleasure of talking with. The most prominent thing, to me, about speaking with you is how amazingly conversational you are. There's a lot I can say, but I don't want to go overboard.

Thank you for just being you, Letti. I've read some of your posts, and they truly give me joy. Great to have you here, and I feel fortunate to have been given the chance to read your posts. You truly do :rock: :huglove:

And you're beautiful! :rose:

Arthur Heath
08-25-2008, 12:30 PM
No particular questions either. Just wanted to say that you are quite possibly one of the most genuine persons I have come in contact with, thanks!

alinda
08-25-2008, 02:03 PM
I have one Letti, have you and the rose & Susan met yet?

Letti
08-25-2008, 02:05 PM
Oh my... guys... what has happened here? *smiles widely* Would you like to see me fainting? I will soon if you keep sending such spoiling and lovely posts. :)
Thank you for being so kind to me... I mean I do say thank you. All of you.

Letti
08-25-2008, 02:16 PM
Hello Letti.

Firstly let me say that it is a pleasure to know you. You have always been very kind to me and I always look forward to reading your posts. You are a beautiful person, inside and out.

Thank you. It's always great to meet your posts, my friend so keep posting. :rose:

Ok, now on with the questions...

I do know that you play guitar.

How long have you played?

If only I could say I can play on it... I could play some songs but I haven't been practising for years... so I think I have fogrotten everything.
Anyway I had such a horrible teacher I didn't learn much from him.

Do you play any other instruments?

No, I don't.

If you could learn to play any instrument that you cannot already, which one would you most like to learn?

guitar
guitar
and the guitar

What do you like to play when you play your guitar (I mean - are there specific songs you like to play? Do you just play whatever you feel like playing? etc).

I played some light love songs.. Hugarian ones. With lots of feelings in the lyrics but with easy rhythm.

Do you sing?

Oh, I do. Late in the evening in the street.. during having shower. Whenever i feel like but I tried not to be heard by others. :)
Anyway I can't.

Do you have a favorite band/artist?
My favourite artist is János Bródy and here you can listen to my favourite song by him:
YouTube - Bródy János - Földvár felé félúton
The way he can sing and play on the guitar... it's so much over everything I can put into words.

If you could see any band/artist (past or present) live in concert, who would you most like to see?
Him, János Bródy.

That is all I can think of for now. Thanks for taking the time to answer questions. :)

It was my pleasure. :D

Letti
08-25-2008, 02:26 PM
Already well onto page 2 and it's still the first day.

Letti, I have to say that you are one of the loveliest, most kind and most optimistic people I have ever run across. Thanks for bringing a smile to my face so many times!

You have just made me speechless... so I jump to your questions. :couple:

So, now my questions...

1) Which do you like more, sunrises or sunsets?
Sunsets.
Because I prefer nights to mornings. At night the mistakes of the world can be hidden under the duvet of dark and everything seems so perfect.

2) Does religion play an important role in your life?

Good quetion. I believe in God and it gives me much.
But I don't go to church.. I don't talk to my belief and I hardly ever pray. Usually I say thanks to God when I catch a bus I am sure I miss... I often say thanks for small things... but I keep forgetting to be thankful for the biggest gifts of my life.
I am not a good religious person but I have peace with my belief.

3) What is your favorite beverage?
Beer and tequila.

4) How do you manage to be so cheerful all the time?
I am just lazy.
I mean it. It's so easy to be kind to others. And when they smile at you it gets even easier.

Letti
08-25-2008, 02:28 PM
Whenever you want me to. *smiles foxily*

Yeeeeeeeeeessssssssssssssssss! We spent more than 6 hours together and it flew away so quickly. We had no camera today but we will tomorrow.

alinda
08-25-2008, 02:33 PM
I like that song too Letti , what is it about?
Which is better to travel your city the bus or train?
How long a travel do you have each day to work?
Have you ever traveled long on a train, did you like it?

Letti
08-25-2008, 02:33 PM
Spencer, Linda, Brian, mearlyn, BillyxRansom, Arthur Heath... I don't quote your posts because if I read them again I will get speechless. It's really hard to find words after such care and kindness. It's like being hugged by many good people and you are just standing there and you don't know where to run who to hug back.
Thank you for thinking such nice things about me... I don't deserve it but I am eating my words. *smiles* Thanks.

alinda
08-25-2008, 02:35 PM
Whenever you want me to. *smiles foxily*

Yeeeeeeeeeessssssssssssssssss! We spent more than 6 hours together and it flew away so quickly. We had no camera today but we will tomorrow.

::dies happy::

I am so glad you got to meet, I look forward to the photos very much!

LadyHitchhiker
08-25-2008, 03:27 PM
Alright time for qustions

what size shirt do you wear?

What are your two favorite colors?

What was your favorite dream that you had

and in turn your worst nightmare?

Are you working in your dream job?

Would you come see me if you had money?

What animal have you always wanted but don't have room for?

Do you want to have children?

What's your sign?

When's your birthday?

What's your favorite season?

Do you like it hot or cold?

Do you know I miss you when I don't get to see you for a while?

When I get a girl kitty can I name her Letti?

If you faint may I revive you?

I'm sure I will have more later :wub:

Remember, you are a star that brightens my dark skies...

LadyHitchhiker
08-25-2008, 03:28 PM
alright so I see that January 17th is your birthday... so I'm still not sure what sign that is but I'm thinking capricorn?

alinda
08-25-2008, 03:30 PM
Wow, I want to know the answers to them as well.
Are you ready for some more flowers my dear to brighten up your new room?

Hi Lizzy!:huglove:

LadyHitchhiker
08-25-2008, 03:32 PM
Hi Linda!!!!

Have you met people who are jealous because they are not llama-ladies?

LadyHitchhiker
08-25-2008, 03:32 PM
Do you still loff the hoff?

Letti
08-25-2008, 10:18 PM
Alright time for qustions

what size shirt do you wear?
Here we use letters most of the time.. you know from S to XXL and I can't really tell my size because I buy clothes in lots of different sizes, it's quite disturbing because it means I always have to try on everything.. I guess the reason for this thing is that China has no idea about sizes.
Sometimes I laugh how small I can get into and sometimes I feel I could cry because of the size of the shirt... :)

What are your two favorite colors?
orange

What was your favorite dream that you had
I loved my dreams where I knew I was dreaming so I ran to the people in the street to kiss them and I flew all around the city. There was a period in my life when I always knew I was dreaming and I did great things all the time.

and in turn your worst nightmare?
It's a damn long nightmare.
Let me tell you just the end of it.
Me and my friends arrived at a sea. It had a beautiful pink colour and it looked as peaceful as possible. My friends ran there immediately to have a wash to look into it... but when they looked into the water they saw how they would die AND they had that type of death in some seconds. One of them saw that a row would kill her and she got one into her back immedaitely.
I went to the water as well and when I looked into it I saw an incredibly big and strong man with a stick in his hand hitting me to death...
And imagine it's just the end of the story. It was a damn long too vivid nightmare.

Are you working in your dream job?
I never ever wanted to be a teacher, when I was about 17 I wanted to become a psychologist. :rolleyes: But I love teaching from the bottom of my heart.

Would you come see me if you had money?
Yes, if I had money AND time.

What animal have you always wanted but don't have room for?
A dog.
It's hard to live without a loving dog.

Do you want to have children?
Yes, two.

What's your sign?
Capricorn

What's your favorite season?
Spring
and then fall

Do you like it hot or cold?
I can bear cold much better than hot.
In winter people keep asking me if I am okay in my light T-shirt when they are wearing a big pullover. Sometimes they look at me as if I was carrying a dead horse on my back.

Do you know I miss you when I don't get to see you for a while?
I hope so. :wub:

When I get a girl kitty can I name her Letti?
You can name anything Letti. :D

If you faint may I revive you?
Of course.

Hi Linda!!!!

Have you met people who are jealous because they are not llama-ladies?
No, I haven't. I guess they can hide their feelings very well.

Do you still loff the hoff?
Lots. :D

ManOfWesternesse
08-26-2008, 05:13 AM
......Sometimes they look at me as if I was carrying a dead horse on my back.

:lol: - that one hit me on the funnybone!

Letti
08-26-2008, 05:37 AM
......Sometimes they look at me as if I was carrying a dead horse on my back.

:lol: - that one hit me on the funnybone!

That's the way they look at me. I mean it. Sometimes I put on a pullover just not to be stared at so much. :)

Randall Flagg
08-26-2008, 06:42 AM
What is your preferred sleeping position?

For you last meal you chooses an appetizer, an entree, a dessert and a non-alcoholic beverage. What are they?

Where is the wildest place you have made whoopi?

Right or left handed?

Can you juggle?

Picture of your "moon"?

Letti
08-26-2008, 01:31 PM
What is your preferred sleeping position?

Jerome! Thank you for asking.
On my belly hugging my blanket.

For you last meal you chooses an appetizer, an entree, a dessert and a non-alcoholic beverage. What are they?

Huhh.. let me see.
appetizer - some kind of light soup with meat

entreet - brassói:
http://image.hotdog.hu/_data/members3/235/431235/images/brassoi_2.jpg

dessert - mákos guba (Hungarian poppy seed bread pudding):
http://www.pestiside.hu/entry_images/makos_guba_makos_guba.jpg

non-alcoholic beverage: cold green tea

Where is the wildest place you have made whoopi?

As I have said I am kind of a boring person so I can't tell you anything that wild... we played (I guess you know what I mean...) at many interesting places but we didn't get to that part.

Right or left handed?
right

Can you juggle?
I can't but I try it quite often. :D

Picture of your "moon"?
Now I am gonna check my pictures files. If I find one I will show it in some minutes.

Letti
08-26-2008, 01:37 PM
Okay, here is a pic of Him. He is not with me but someone else :) but it's luck that I could find a pic of him at all so I show you this one.

Moon
http://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p237/Lettike/Szivecske.jpg

alinda
08-26-2008, 01:40 PM
Soulful, and we cant even see his eyes. But I feel his warmth by the way he is holding that young woman. His kindness is showing. ( its reflecting also in her joy)

Letti
08-26-2008, 01:45 PM
I am sorry I can't show a better one (it's a miracle I can show one at all). But yeah, I feel you can feel his personality in the picture... but it might be just my fantasy as well. :)

alinda
08-26-2008, 01:50 PM
No, I can feel it. absolutely.

Jean
08-26-2008, 10:15 PM
dessert - mákos guba (Hungarian poppy seed bread pudding):
http://www.pestiside.hu/entry_images/makos_guba_makos_guba.jpg
bears want this!!! do you know how to make it?

Letti
08-26-2008, 11:50 PM
You will get hooked on it. :D Are you sure you would like to give it a try?

ManOfWesternesse
08-27-2008, 12:18 AM
So that's your Moon. It's good to be able to put a face to him. Thanks Letti.

Jean
08-27-2008, 12:29 AM
yes, yes, please, please!!!

http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k291/mishemplushem/furry/dlphot3.jpg

Jon
08-27-2008, 12:53 AM
Yes Brian, it was nice to see the face of such a lucky man.

Letti
08-27-2008, 01:45 AM
My pleasure.
It's strange noone ever askes why I call him this way. I guess people can get used to it easily. :)

Letti
08-27-2008, 01:49 AM
yes, yes, please, please!!!

http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k291/mishemplushem/furry/dlphot3.jpg

Okay, I will try to find it in English. If I don't manage I will translate it with pleasure. :rose:

Darkthoughts
08-27-2008, 02:44 AM
I think your Moon has something of Roland about him, very soulful looking man :thumbsup:

ManOfWesternesse
08-27-2008, 02:57 AM
...It's strange noone ever askes why I call him this way. I guess people can get used to it easily. :)

First, yes I'm so used to seeing ".. my Moon..." for a long time that I just automatically think of him that way now.
Second, in truth I often wondered where the name came from, but figured it was probably something too private to ask about.

Matt
08-27-2008, 04:09 AM
I assumed it was a description of the relationship between the earth and the moon.

How the earth needs it very badly. But I could be way off.

turtlex
08-27-2008, 04:16 AM
I assumed it was a description of the relationship between the earth and the moon.

Wow, that is really deep for so early in the morning.

Letti
08-27-2008, 06:21 AM
I think your Moon has something of Roland about him, very soulful looking man :thumbsup:

Thank you. The thing is that he does remind me of Roland sometimes. He has big knowledge he can influence people easily because his words always have meanings and they sound so true. But he is very different from Roland because he is the most unselfish human-being I have ever met in my life.
I might sound like a girl in love *smiles* but all the people who know him say the same.

...It's strange noone ever askes why I call him this way. I guess people can get used to it easily. :)

First, yes I'm so used to seeing ".. my Moon..." for a long time that I just automatically think of him that way now.
Second, in truth I often wondered where the name came from, but figured it was probably something too private to ask about.

No, it's that private at all. :D
I am happy to know that you are used to it. I mean I don't notice when I call him this way and sometimes I have to realise that people don't get who I am talking about.
And I am afraid that people think I call him this way because it sounds cool or something...
To sum up his nick name was SneakingMoon in a chatroom where we first met (what a big story ;)). That's it.

Wow, it sounds so beautiful. In fact he usually calls me Letti (he gave it to me) but time to time he calls me "Sun" or "Sunny".

cozener
08-27-2008, 07:13 AM
Have you ever read Dune and if not, why the hell not?

What about DT attracts you the most?

Do you think I look at all like Bruce Willis and if so, does this make me hot to you?

Many last names mean something. Does your last name have a meaning in Hungarian? It certainly means something in English but I'm trying hard not to crack any jokes.

Why do you want ducks and chickens? Do you want to raise them to eat or just as pets? If for food, how do you like your duck prepared? If as pets, what makes them better then, say, chinchillas or maybe iguanas?

Do you have a least favorite literary genre? If so, is there at least one book you like from it?

You seem to like bears. How do you feel about otters?

Jean
08-27-2008, 08:19 AM
or if you did make it through it, what lent you the sterngty, patience and gift of perseverance?

alinda
08-27-2008, 08:31 AM
Letti, darling your always so open with us its hard to ask the things
you have still inside. Your one of the most unguarded people I've ever met.
Thank you for sharing even more with us.
By the way, your moon as you call him is a very fortunate man indeed!

Letti
08-27-2008, 10:03 AM
No, I haven't read it yet. There are so many books I would like to read and it's one of them. If only I had more time to read.
Whenever I start it I let you know if I like it or not.

What about DT attracts you the most?

The characters. I love them so so so much. There are much more than characters anyway.

Do you think I look at all like Bruce Willis and if so, does this make me hot to you?
Darling, *smiles widely* you don't look like Bruce Willis but it doesn't mean you are not hot.
Moreover, usually I am not crazy about people who look like Bruce.. his inside makes his outside so smoking hot. Yes, he has a nice body I would like to hug but anyway he isn't a big deal. But his personality... his foxy smile... his talent... that's what touched me. Even if it sounds silly.

Many last names mean something. Does your last name have a meaning in Hungarian? It certainly means something in English but I'm trying hard not to crack any jokes.
It means: the victory of peasants.

Why do you want ducks and chickens? Do you want to raise them to eat or just as pets?
I love birds a lot. It doesn't matter if it's a beautiful white dove or a simple duck, they all look so nice. I might be insane but when I watch ducks swimming on the surface of a lake I feel so calm and happy.
Andway I don't know if I ate them or not (I don't think I could)... maybe I would keep them for their eggs.
One thing is sure I wouldn't like to keep many of them. Just some with other animals as well.

If for food, how do you like your duck prepared?
Hm, duck is not my favourite meat but I like it. As long as it's not way too spicy it can come. :)

If as pets, what makes them better then, say, chinchillas or maybe iguanas?
I wouldn't keep them as pets... but I wouldn't eat them either. I would (I hope I will) keep them to give life to my yard.

Do you have a least favorite literary genre? If so, is there at least one book you like from it?

I love everything that's good. In fact I don't have a favourite literary genre, either.

You seem to like bears. How do you feel about otters?
They are amazing! I love them. They are so smart and clever.

alinda
08-27-2008, 10:09 AM
I would (I hope I will) keep them to give life to my yard.

Letti, you make the most simple sentence sound like poetry!! :rose:

Letti
08-27-2008, 10:11 AM
Letti, darling your always so open with us its hard to ask the things
you have still inside. Your one of the most unguarded people I've ever met.
Thank you for sharing even more with us.

By the way, your moon as you call him is a very fortunate man indeed!

It's good to know that you think of me this way... most of my friends find me very closed. :rose:
I have never answered so many questions in my life... it feels new and good. Because you are good people.

I hope my Moon feels the same way... time to time. :D

Letti
08-27-2008, 10:12 AM

I am a good faker. ;) *kiss*

alinda
08-27-2008, 10:16 AM
:huglove: Letti, why are you so hard on yourself?
Now there is a question you need not answer
you do not seem to know how beautiful you are
We should tell you more often...over & over!!:rose:

BillyxRansom
08-27-2008, 10:47 AM
Spencer, Linda, Brian, mearlyn, BillyxRansom, Arthur Heath... I don't quote your posts because if I read them again I will get speechless. It's really hard to find words after such care and kindness. It's like being hugged by many good people and you are just standing there and you don't know where to run who to hug back.
Thank you for thinking such nice things about me... I don't deserve it but I am eating my words. *smiles* Thanks.

You're welcome. And yeah, you definitely do deserve it. :)

BillyxRansom
08-27-2008, 11:03 AM

This is good. Very good. Actually, this is pretty much exactly what I was thinking a few minutes ago. Here, I can even point directly to the sentence that made me feel that way:

[quote=R_of_G;235730]
The way he can sing and play on the guitar... it's so much over everything I can put into words.

See the bold part; that part is specifically what I thought of. It's such a beautiful sentence to me, for some reason. It's really strange (to me), but it seems to me that almost anyone whose first language is NOT English, (but they can speak the language - whether it be their second or even third language), speak the English language in a much more fluid and poetic manner than someone born and raised in the US.

...That might be because a lot of Americans are rednecks. Meh.

Rjeso
08-27-2008, 11:14 AM

Hear, hear!

ETA: I completely agree with you, Billy. Non-native speakers seem to have a feel for the language that native speakers lack. I think the sentence structure differences between languages might have something to do with it too. Regardless of the reason, yes, they do have a poetic flow that our sentences do not.

Letti
08-27-2008, 11:27 AM
I am sitting here in my comfortable chair staring at the screen and I think: Are these people talking about me?!?!
*smiles*
Thank you for all the kindness. I will melt at the end of the week. :)

Rjeso
08-27-2008, 11:29 AM
Of course we speak of you, Letti! This is the "Letti" thread, you know. ;)

alinda
08-27-2008, 11:30 AM
we are melting each day you are here....
man its gonna get pretty messy soon with all this melting :wtf:

Rjeso
08-27-2008, 11:31 AM
*gets a mop and ice cube trays, so that we can freeze ourselves back into solid beings*

alinda
08-27-2008, 11:33 AM
:wtf::wtf::wtf::wtf::wtf::wtf::wtf: I love you !:wtf::wtf::wtf::wtf::wtf::wtf::wtf:

Letti
08-27-2008, 09:11 PM
*gets a mop and ice cube trays, so that we can freeze ourselves back into solid beings*

tricky :huglove:

Nerak
08-28-2008, 09:36 AM
so HI!!! :huglove:

I have to make the comment that I think it's cute that you call him Moon and he calls you Sun. You complete each other.

And you can tell he's got something special about him just by looking at that picture. What a way to hold someone!!!

Anywho...

What is your favorite childhood memory?

Can you ride a bike?

Do you like ice cream? Favorite flavor?

If you could be an animal, what would you be?

Do you like the rain?

Have you ever been in the ocean?

What time is it right now where you are?

Favorite holiday?

Favorite article of clothing?

Have you ever had your hair really long?

ok, I think I am done!

Hugs to you!! :couple:

Letti
08-28-2008, 09:55 AM
so HI!!! :huglove:

I have to make the comment that I think it's cute that you call him Moon and he calls you Sun. You complete each other.

And you can tell he's got something special about him just by looking at that picture. What a way to hold someone!!!

thank you :blush:

Anywho...

What is your favorite childhood memory?
I will need more time to think about this one.
I will answer it later.

Can you ride a bike?
Yes, I can and I love it a lot.

Do you like ice cream? Favorite flavor?
I am not really fond of ice cream. Time to time I eat it but I don't have a favourite one.

If you could be an animal, what would you be?
a tiny bird

Do you like the rain?
I am in love with rain and I love walking in it.

Have you ever been in the ocean?
No, I haven't.

What time is it right now where you are?
It's 7.45 pm so I can leave my office soon.

Favorite holiday?
My answer will be quite strange. My favourite holiday is Christmas however I hate it. I mean I love it and hate it a lot at the same time.

maybe scarves

Have you ever had your hair really long?
As a kid it was incredibly long. People stopped me in the street to tell my mom how beautiful my long blond hair was.
Around the age of 12 I got tired of it and I cut it.

ok, I think I am done!

Hugs to you!! :couple:

Thank you for asking. :rose:

Nerak
08-28-2008, 05:51 PM
thanks for answering....I await your favorite childhood memory answer! :nana:

Spencer
08-28-2008, 05:54 PM

I loved it when she sang Happy Birthday to me. :wub:

Letti
08-28-2008, 09:35 PM
thanks for answering....I await your favorite childhood memory answer! :nana:

I kept thinking about it and I thik the summers at Lake Balaton. My uncle had a little restaurant there and me and my sister lived and slept in a little tent. But it was so great. We could eat anything we wanted in my uncle's restaurant and every summer we met new people we made new friends..
I felt so free there. Nobody knew me, nobody teased me. When I was a kid I had to wear glasses (horrible ones) but there at Lake Balaton I didn't wear them and I felt so amazing without them.
I painted my nails orange they looked terrible but I loved them sooo much. :D I would have never dared to do that at home..
Summers at Lake Balaton. They were so good.

I loved it when she sang Happy Birthday to me. :wub:

I guess that's the only song I can sing correctly. :D

ManOfWesternesse
08-29-2008, 12:24 AM
Can you ride a bike?

A related one: Do you still Rollerblade? & Do you have special parks for it, or do you just do it in the streets etc...

Letti
08-29-2008, 12:36 AM
Can you ride a bike?

A related one: Do you still Rollerblade? & Do you have special parks for it, or do you just do it in the streets etc...

Yes, I do. That's one of best things of the universe. :wub:
This summer was quite busy so last time I had time to do it was at the beginning of the summer but I am planning to do it next week. It makes me so relaxed.
We don't really have parks for it (we have parks but the quality of the roads are horrible) but if you are not a beginner you can practise in the parks. But you need to have some experience.
And it's good to do it on bicycle roads but they are quite crowded all the time so I prefer peaceful parks with their roads which are full of holes. :D

Darkthoughts
08-29-2008, 01:55 AM
My answer will be quite strange. My favourite holiday is Christmas however I hate it. I mean I love it and hate it a lot at the same time.

I think I know what you mean, my answer would be the same. Christmas is exciting because there's such a build up to it, so much preparation and the best part is seeing the faces of your friends and family when they open their gifts...but it can also be an anti-climax, there can be arguments (inevitable when anyones family is forced to spend an entire day together :lol: )
You're glad when it's over and sad to see it go.

Were these your thoughts too?

Letti
08-29-2008, 02:52 AM

I think I know what you mean, my answer would be the same. Christmas is exciting because there's such a build up to it, so much preparation and the best part is seeing the faces of your friends and family when they open their gifts...but it can also be an anti-climax, there can be arguments (inevitable when anyones family is forced to spend an entire day together :lol: )
You're glad when it's over and sad to see it go.

Were these your thoughts too?

Absolutely.
Not to speak of the fact that it's damn hard to find or find out really good presents. The people get mad in the streets, they are aggressive and they could kill you for a Christmas tree. :rolleyes:
Before Christmas I always feel the soul of this beautiful holiday got lost... it's burried under stress and useless expensive presents.
But when I see the faces of my loved ones and I feel I could give them some joy wrapped in paper I change my mind... and I feel the spirit of Christmas again.

Darkthoughts
08-29-2008, 02:55 AM
:couple:

ManOfWesternesse
08-29-2008, 02:59 AM
Amen to that Letti - well answered.

Hornet of Death
08-29-2008, 03:54 PM
Thanks for helping me with my little posting problem, Letti. It's good to be here.

Ah, MoW is also here. Long time ...

Letti
08-29-2008, 09:07 PM
Thanks for helping me with my little posting problem, Letti. It's good to be here.

Ah, MoW is also here. Long time ...

My pleasure, amazing to have you here. Good to see you posting.

Hornet of Death
08-30-2008, 05:05 AM
Yeah and I will definetly stay. Need back my 5000+ post count.:evil:

Daghain
08-30-2008, 09:41 AM
Eh, we don't care much about post count around here. :lol:

Welcome to the site! Put up your feet and enjoy yourself! Any friend of Letti's is a friend of mine :)

alinda
08-30-2008, 11:53 AM
HoD good to seee you here welcome!! ((hug))

letti, good job!!:)

Letti
08-30-2008, 11:57 AM
letti, good job!!:)

Thank you for your care and for your great questions.
I have never answered so many questions during a week. :D

Nerak
08-30-2008, 01:19 PM
Letti,

Sounds like a GREAT memory!

Hornet of Death
08-30-2008, 03:39 PM
@Daghain
I don't care either. Was just a mentioning of how much time I spent on the .net forums once.

@alinda
Thanks. Feels really good to be with you all again.

@all
And now back on topic. This is Letti's thread. :rose:

Odetta
09-01-2008, 05:40 AM
LETTI! :wub:

I am so sorry I was on vacation when it was your week, would you still answer a few questions from me? *bats eyelashes*

What is the most embarrassing thing that has ever happened to you?

Where is the most exotic location you have ever travelled to?

Do you own a car? What is it?

Do you have a favorite sport to watch or play?

Letti
09-01-2008, 05:49 AM
Odetta darling! As soon as I get home I will answer your answer with the biggest pleasure. :)

Letti
09-02-2008, 04:03 AM
LETTI! :wub:

I am so sorry I was on vacation when it was your week, would you still answer a few questions from me? *bats eyelashes*

What is the most embarrassing thing that has ever happened to you?

It's not easy to choose because as I kid I always got into embarrassing situations.
Once when I was about 9 or 10 I was travelling home by bus after school. Two big teenager girls were standing next to me. They were very loud and they seemed to have lots of self-confidence. I was always afraid of such girls so I didn't dare to look at them.
But they were so damn loud (they were screaming and laughing) that I looked at them for a second. One of them noticed it (meh) and turned to me immedaitely. She was eating some ice-cream so she asked:
- Would you like some? - and she pushed the ice-cream to my face.
- No, thank you. - I said as quietly as possible.
Then she said: - Good, you shouldn't eat ice-cream at all because you are sooo faaat.
And the whole damn bus heard it.
I still can hear her voice. :rolleyes:

Where is the most exotic location you have ever travelled to?
I think Egypt. That country is full of secrets and enigmas.

Do you own a car? What is it?
No, I don't. I don't have a driving license either but I would like to get it when I have time.

Do you have a favorite sport to watch or play?
To watch: sumo
To play: basketball

thank you for the questions :rose:

Darkthoughts
09-02-2008, 06:06 AM
Then she said: - Good, you shouldn't eat ice-cream at all because you are sooo faaat.

Letti, if only we could have been with you all those years ago...that girl would have been wearing that ice-cream!! :angry:

Letti
09-02-2008, 06:11 AM

Letti, if only we could have been with you all those years ago...that girl would have been wearing that ice-cream!! :angry:

Thank you, dear Lisa. I should have done that... (if only I could go back in time to that day) but I needed some more years to dare to protect myself.

Darkthoughts
09-02-2008, 06:15 AM
:couple: I know what you mean, if people were rude to me (up until not long ago) I never had the nerve to stick up for myself.

CRinVA
09-08-2008, 09:34 AM
As we say here in the USA I am a day late and a dollar short.

Letti, I just finished reading this entire thread and have been tryin got think what on earth could I possibly add to what has already been said. Of all the poeple here at dt.com I think it is you that I would really like to meet the most! We have only had a couple of conversations but they have impressed me. You are honest, outright, forthcoming, innocent, kind and above all selfless.

On the CRinVA Happy Birthday thread you said "Miss you" I guess because I do not post all that often! I wanted to say thank you personally but I guess on the threads will have to do as I do not see myself in Hungary anytime soon!

So in keeping with what this thread is all about I have two questions:

(1) If you could sit and have dinner with anyone in history (they must be dead) who would it be and why?

(2) If you could sit and have dinner with anyone today (alive) who would it be and why?

Thanks for being who you are! You make dt.com a much better place to visit! :-) Not that it's a bad place, just that it's oh so much better when you are here! :-)

Letti
09-08-2008, 10:04 AM
As we say here in the USA I am a day late and a dollar short.

Letti, I just finished reading this entire thread and have been tryin got think what on earth could I possibly add to what has already been said. Of all the poeple here at dt.com I think it is you that I would really like to meet the most! We have only had a couple of conversations but they have impressed me. You are honest, outright, forthcoming, innocent, kind and above all selfless.

Hi there my dearest Constant Reader! *hugs you long* Thank you for all the kind words. Reading your words is like being hugged.

On the CRinVA Happy Birthday thread you said "Miss you" I guess because I do not post all that often! I wanted to say thank you personally but I guess on the threads will have to do as I do not see myself in Hungary anytime soon!

Yeah, I try to catch you whenever you are around.
And don't forget... whenever you visit Hungary I will be waiting at the airport with a huuuge smile on my face and and even bigger hug in my pocket. :rose:

So in keeping with what this thread is all about I have two questions:

(1) If you could sit and have dinner with anyone in history (they must be dead) who would it be and why?

It's not easy at all because the more I respect someone the more I am afraid of them. Because if I could meet them I would feel like a pebble next the the highest mountain... or candlelight close the Sun.

I would like to meet my favourite poet, László Nagy. He gave me so much. He taught me that it doesn't matter how sick the surface of the world is still it's a beautiful world. And when you feel all the beauty is lost all you need to do is to knee down and let yourself be amazed by the way the grass is growing.
I know it doesn't sound very original but that's the truth.
If only I could say thank him.

(2) If you could sit and have dinner with anyone today (alive) who would it be and why?

It's even harder... *keeps thinking*

I think I would like to have dinner with my Moon. Without talking about work... without talking about mistakes... without thinking of problems. Just being together.
It would be dream-like.
Even if it sounds silly.

Thanks for being who you are! You make dt.com a much better place to visit! :-) Not that it's a bad place, just that it's oh so much better when you are here! :-)

Thank you for taking your time to read this thread. It means sooo much you have no idea.

CRinVA
09-08-2008, 12:51 PM
And a smile on my face!

hm....now where are those tickets to Hungary! :-)

Patrick
09-29-2008, 04:08 PM
Hi Letti,

What books from your childhood would you like to share with your own children someday?

Letti
09-30-2008, 01:09 AM
Hi Letti,

What books from your childhood would you like to share with your own children someday?

Hi there!
It's a Hungarian book called The 7-headed Fairy. It's an amazing book full of love and wonder. There are truely lovely and funny short stories in it.

Darkthoughts
10-01-2008, 12:39 PM
What would you love (as gifts) for Christmas?

Jean
10-01-2008, 10:16 PM
what was the last present you made to your brother?

Letti
10-01-2008, 11:26 PM
What would you love (as gifts) for Christmas?

You won't like my answer at all. It's not romantic. I have been dreaming of laptop for long.. but I don't think I will get or buy one in the near future.
Anyway I can be happy with anything if I see care and love in it.

what was the last present you made to your brother?

Hm, we made bead-animals together this summer. I made a snail that looked quite clumsy but my little brother loved it a lot so I gave it to him. Later I gave him an bead-elephant as well.

Thank you for the questions, my friends. :couple:

Patrick
10-01-2008, 11:33 PM
Hi Letti, :couple:

Please ask yourself a question (as though this were someone else's thread).

Then answer it.

Darkthoughts
10-02-2008, 04:45 AM
No Letti, I wasn't disappointed by your answer :D I meant what thing you wanted, as in posessions so your answer was cool :thumbsup:

My laptop is second hand and still really great - do you have anywhere near you where you could get a second hand one...its much cheaper!

Letti
10-02-2008, 12:24 PM

Then answer it.

Eh, it's not easy at all.
What's the nicest part of the human body?
The hand.

Thank you for the good question, Patrick.. I mean me. :D

No Letti, I wasn't disappointed by your answer :D I meant what thing you wanted, as in posessions so your answer was cool :thumbsup:

My laptop is second hand and still really great - do you have anywhere near you where you could get a second hand one...its much cheaper!

The second hand ones aren't much cheaper and if you are not lucky they might be so used and old that you can use them just for some months.
You made me curious... how much is a used laptop (that's not on the death row) over there?

Patrick
10-02-2008, 03:21 PM

Then answer it.Eh, it's not easy at all.
What's the nicest part of the human body?
The hand.

Thank you for the good question, Patrick.. I mean me. :D
You're welcome... er... Thank you.

LadyHitchhiker
10-04-2008, 03:17 PM
Can I be just like you when I grow up?

Letti
10-04-2008, 11:03 PM

Nope.
We love and need you as you are. :couple:

Darkthoughts
10-05-2008, 06:27 AM
You made me curious... how much is a used laptop (that's not on the death row) over there?

Well ours was Ł270 and it's wireless and had windows xp and various bits and bobs on it. We've had it about 2 years now, the battery is pretty much kaput, meaning you can only use it when its plugged into the mains as it won't charge up...but I love it - it's waaaaaaaay better than my old desktop ever was.

Brice
10-05-2008, 07:28 AM
Will you go get a big box and mail yourself to me, already? Please?

gsvec
10-05-2008, 09:17 AM
That reminds me of a song I used to teach to my first graders around Valentines Day! I'm Gonna Mail Myself to You by Woody Guthrie. Letti, you could learn this one! :D

I'm gonna wrap myself in paper
I'm gonna dot myself with glue
Stick some stamps on top of my head
I'm gonna mail myself to you

I'm gonna tie me up in a red string
I'm gonna tie a blue ribbon too
Climb up inside my mailbox

When you find me in your mailbox
Cut the string and let me out
Wash the glue from off my fingers
Stick some bubblegum in my mouth

Wash the glue from off my head
Fill me up with ice cream sodas
Tuck me into a nice warm bed.

I'm gonna mail myself to you!

turtlex
10-06-2008, 06:44 AM
Letti -

Where does your "a tiny bit like earth" sig originate from? I love it.

Letti
10-06-2008, 07:06 AM
Letti -

Thank you for asking.
It has been said to me by my Moon. :blush: In Hungarian but I translated it to English.

Letti
10-06-2008, 07:11 AM

Well ours was Ł270 and it's wireless and had windows xp and various bits and bobs on it. We've had it about 2 years now, the battery is pretty much kaput, meaning you can only use it when its plugged into the mains as it won't charge up...but I love it - it's waaaaaaaay better than my old desktop ever was.

If only I was better at computers... I am afraid of buying a used one. If they sold me a cow instead of a laptop I might not notice it. :rolleyes.
One day I will have one. *keeps dreaming*

When I learn how to wrap myself nicely. I can't wrap the easiest things either. :D (You can't get me in an ugly wrap, can you?)

sarah
10-06-2008, 07:12 AM
letti, if you could transport yourself anywhere at this exact moment, where would you go and why?

What is your first movie memory?

Favorite beer? I know I should know this but I'm drawing a blank.

oh and :couple:

Brice
10-06-2008, 07:13 AM

You've ignored my request. :cry:

That reminds me of a song I used to teach to my first graders around Valentines Day! I'm Gonna Mail Myself to You by Woody Guthrie. Letti, you could learn this one! :D

I'm gonna tie me up in a red string
I'm gonna tie a blue ribbon too
Climb up inside my mailbox

Cut the string and let me out
Wash the glue from off my fingers
Stick some bubblegum in my mouth

Wash the glue from off my head
Fill me up with ice cream sodas
Tuck me into a nice warm bed.

I'm gonna mail myself to you!

I've never heard of this, but I love it.

Letti -

Thank you.
It has been said to me. :blush:

And whoever said it was wise indeed.

Letti
10-06-2008, 07:41 AM
Check it above, Brice darling. :)

turtlex
10-06-2008, 09:02 AM
Letti -

Where does your "a tiny bit like the earth" sig originate from? I love it.

Thank you for asking.
It has been said to me by my Moon. :blush: In Hungarian but I translated it to English.

Awwww. I absolutely love it... and now that I know it was a personal conversation, that really explains why I couldn't find it when I searched the web :)

Thanks, it's very sweet.

alinda
10-06-2008, 09:09 AM
Letti do you know how much we all love you? :wub:

have you ever seen a ghost? Do you believe in them or are they just
make believe from stories to you? :onfire:

Letti
10-06-2008, 09:30 AM
letti, if you could transport yourself anywhere at this exact moment, where would you go and why? oh and :couple:

Your hugs are priceless. :rose: :couple: :rose:

Two places come to my mind.
Fatu Hiva
aaand...
New York

I think I would choose Fatu Hiva after some seconds
just to feel the sand under my feeth..
just to hear the silence of the palmtrees and the never-ending whispering song of the ocean...
just to convince myself that it does exist.

But I am sure I would hesitate between New York and Fatu Hiva for some seconds because (it might sound very silly) the USA seems as far and as dream-like to me sometimes as that tiny island Fatu Hiva. So I would like to see New York for very very similar reasons. So many friends of mine live in the USA.. it would be great to see it truelly exists.

What is your first movie memory?

Let me think... I remember a night when my parents were watching Terminator and I was not allowed to watch it so I was sent into my room. But my room was next to theirs and when they got into the story a lot and they didn't give a damn about me I opened the door of my room -carefully- a tiny bit and I could peek out... and I was scared like hell from what I saw. :lol:

Favorite beer? I know I should know this but I'm drawing a blank.
Heineken. Hands down.

Letti -

Where does your "a tiny bit like the earth" sig originate from? I love it.

Thank you for asking.

Awwww. I absolutely love it... and now that I know it was a personal conversation, that really explains why I couldn't find it when I searched the web :)

Thanks, it's very sweet.

Thank you for noticing it. Really. I was said it on a very hard day in a very anti-romantic situation and it hit me a little... in a good way.
I am happy to see that it can touch others as well. Thank you.

Letti do you know how much we all love you? :wub:

have you ever seen a ghost? Do you believe in them or are they just
make believe from stories to you? :onfire:

Dearest! *kisses*
No, I haven't.
Do I believe in them? Hm... yes and no at the same time. I don't think that people become ghosts after death and they walk up and down in spooky houses just to scare the crap out of us... I think when we die we don't waste more time here... or not this pitiful way. Humans (or the things that we become) must have some other business than that after death.
I hope it makes some sense.

alinda
10-06-2008, 09:38 AM
Yes indeed, I have BIG plans for the "afterlife" I can tell you!!
:rock:Right after I pick up that giant cosmic payday check!:wtf:

Letti
10-06-2008, 09:40 AM
Yes indeed, I have BIG plans for the "afterlife" I can tell you!!
:rock:Right after I pick up that giant cosmic payday check!:wtf:

We should print it on a T-shirt:

I have BIG plans for the "afterlife".

:wtf:

alinda
10-06-2008, 09:44 AM
Good idea. Your certainly prone to having alot of good ideas.
Have you ever invented something but just lacked the $ to produce that
wonder upon the world?:)

Letti
10-06-2008, 09:52 AM
Good idea. Your certainly prone to having alot of good ideas.
Have you ever invented something but just lacked the $ to produce that
wonder upon the world?:)

What a good question. Thank you
Let me think... hmmm.. invent is a hard word. But I had lots of ideas I couldn't do because of the lack of money.
For example
I found out the suprise candle. It's a candle that has a gift inside. When you look at it it looks like a normal ordinary candle but when you light it you must wait patiently... and when the flame gets to the bottom of the candle you can find your secret gift there. It can be a little message in a tiny bottle or a marble.. or a ring, or a medal.. anything. When you give it to someone you can tell them the secret... or you can keep it for yourself so they can get really surprised when they find their present in the candle.
Whenever I say it to someone they say I should start to produce it immedaitely.

Once I made one for my Moon. There was a bead inside the candle. A moon-shaped bead. But he had no heart to light it so he doesn't know that the candle hides.
More exactly I told him he should light it when he feels really lonely so he can find a mate in the flame.. but he tells me he has never felt so lonely.

alinda
10-06-2008, 09:59 AM
:couple: You are a treasure, I am sure having you in his life he will not get that lonely ever!:couple:

Letti
10-06-2008, 10:02 AM
:couple: You are a treasure, I am sure having you in his life he will not get that lonely ever!:couple:

I hope so... he is a real loner. I hope I could throw loneliness out of the window of his life.

Brice
10-08-2008, 01:35 AM
Check it above, Brice darling. :)

Oh! :blush:

When I learn how to wrap myself nicely. I can't wrap the easiest things either. :D (You can't get me in an ugly wrap, can you?)

I think I'll hardly care about what you're wrapped in or if you're wrapped, so you can just mail me you now. :couple:

all your own questions:

Hey, may I bomb you with some Fatu Hiva questions?

Will you ever reread this book?

Who was your favourite character? (I know all of them are real people.)

Favourite part?

Did you ever think of living on an island before this book?

Could you imagine Thor as your friend?

What's the book on your shelf next to Fatu Hiva?

Would you have gone with him on the Kon-Tiki expedition (you know when they sailed 4,300 miles (8,000 km) by raft from Peru to the Polynesian islands) if he had invited you?

and other questions...

When did you drink Heineken last time?

Do you like crosswords?

Why do people watch TV instead of reading books?

*sits down with a big happy smile on his face* :couple:

Letti
10-09-2008, 12:07 AM
Hey, may I bomb you with some Fatu Hiva questions?

Will you ever reread this book?

Of course! I would be rereading it all the time if there weren't so many good books out there.

Who was your favourite character? (I know all of them are real people.)

Tahia-Momo's step dad, the old ex-cannibal
I felt so much wisdom and power in him.

Favourite part?

It might be the hardest question. Maybe when Thor and Liv spent those fabulous days with Tahia-Momo and the old cannibal.
But discovering Fatu Hiva was ammmazing as well.
Oh damn the whole book is my favourite. :D

Did you ever think of living on an island before this book?

Not really. :)

Could you imagine Thor as your friend?

I think I could be interesting and strong enough for him but of course he would be an amazing friend.

What's the book on your shelf next to Fatu Hiva?

*goes to the shelf*
There are my two loved books by him. Aku-Aku and the Kon-Tiki expedition. Fatu Hiva is between them.

Would you have gone with him on the Kon-Tiki expedition (you know when they sailed 4,300 miles (8,000 km) by raft from Peru to the Polynesian islands) if he had invited you?

If I didn't have so much responsibility on my shoulders I would say yes. Right now I couldn't.

and other questions...

When did you drink Heineken last time?

Maybe a month ago but I didn't drink much because I gave my beer to my friend. She drank them all.

Do you like crosswords?

I like them but I have no patience for them. So I take my time with them once in a blue moon.

Why do people watch TV instead of reading books?

Because the book of their life didn't bang them on the head. I am sure if once you meet the wonder of reading you can't stop.

Thank you for asking.
Good questions. ;) *laughs*

alinda
10-09-2008, 03:43 AM
Weird question, where is the most unusual place you've been to?

Letti
10-09-2008, 03:48 AM
Unusual? What do you mean by that? Most special? Like... the queen's toilet or something like that? :D

alinda
10-09-2008, 04:29 AM
Yes, that would qualify. I mean most out of your ordinary.

Brice
10-09-2008, 04:30 AM

If I didn't have so much responsibility on my shoulders I would say yes. Right now I couldn't.

Well, how about with me then? ;) Would you go with me right now?

alinda
10-09-2008, 04:33 AM
Only if Linda can come along (in Letti voice):couple:

Brice
10-09-2008, 04:36 AM
:lol:

Brice
10-09-2008, 04:36 AM
What is the cruelest thing you've ever done?
What is the kindest thing you've ever done?
What is the cruelest thing ever done to you?
What is the kindest thing ever done for you?

Tiffany
10-09-2008, 07:11 AM
:o I've never been in here, either. ><

What's your first/earliest memory?
Favorite fruit?
Is there a culture that you find the most fascinating?
Favorite smiley?
What's the most exhilirating thing you've ever experienced?
Are you superstitious?
What's at least one way you indulge and pamper yourself?

Letti
10-09-2008, 09:42 AM
Weird question, where is the most unusual place you've been to?

When I was in Egypt first time we could enter one of the pyramids.
It was really strange to be inside the pyramid. You felt the age.. the history over your head still you could feel that the most of magic got lost because of the tons of tourists and researchers who looked at it as an exciting exhibition.

Well, how about with me then? ;) Would you go with me right now?

You know me. First responsibilities... then dreams. Believe me if I could I would try to live a much more easy-going life and I will one day. But right now there are too many things to do.
When I am reading about Thor's incredible life (I am reading his biography these days) his kids and wife often come to my mind. At Christmas he wasn't at home with them, he was in another country (in the USA) and he was chasing his dreams.
I admire this man but I don't envy his children.
I have no kids no family but there are so many things around me I must care about.
It wouldn't be me if I gave up everything for my dream.
*hugs you long*

Only if Linda can come along (in Letti voice):couple:

I would never say such a thing.
I would say: Linda must come along.

What is the cruelest thing you've ever done?

I behaved quite evil around the age of 13 or so. I had been hurt so much before that then I changed my mind and I realized if I was the one who hurt others they wouldn't hurt me.
There was a girl, her name was Ann. She had some missing teeth in the front and she wore horrible clothes but she was always smiling and laughing.
My best friend, Tom couldn't stand her. Tom was a really handsome guy but he had lots of problems with himself (he was gay and he couldn't handle it) so he couldn't tolerate if he saw that someone was happy as she was.
We hurt this girl. A lot. Day by day.
Usually I wasn't the one who did it but I was there and I never stopped him and time to time I helped him. We told such horrible things to her... and we didn't quit because she was an amazing actress and she never showed her fragile side to us and it pissed off Tommy even more.
When I could get rid of Tom (he was my only and best friend from the age of 7) I didn't hurt this girl anymore. I looked at her with shame in my eyes... because I saw fear in hers. She didn't understand why my behavior changed so she might have thought it was just a trap.. or I don't know.
Later we became pals. (long story how) When she was smiling at me and when she waved hello whenever we met I felt I was the most disgusting creature in the world. And the same thought came to my mind all the time: "If she could forgive you, you should be able to do it."
But I couldn't.

I am sorry it got this long but it's in nutshell. I couldn't make it shorter.

What is the kindest thing you've ever done?

Once I met a homeless girl in the street. She was selling pencils. I didn't buy anything from her because I was rushing to my friend who had been waiting for me at the Burger King. When I got in and sat down the girl's face didn't want to leave my mind. It was winter and she was standing outside in slippers. I was sure if I gave her money her parents would spend it on alcohol. I discussed it with my friend and went out to her to invite her for a lunch. She could choose anything and we bought her some extra muffin.
Somehow I met this girl again and again in the street accidentally. When I had no money on me I gave her my food. An apple... a bar of chocolate. Or money when I had. She started to trust me and she told me about her school... about her classmates... about her life. We never talked much. I could never give her any real help... but it was good to see that she felt I was interested in her and she trusted me.
We became unique to each other... we met 4 or 5 times. I haven't seen her for years.
Not a big thing I know. Shame on me I have no good stories for this question.

What is the cruelest thing ever done to you?

Once when I was getting undressed (around the age of 10) before gymnastics lesson at school one of my classmates looked at me and cried out: "Jesus Christ, you are a mutant!"
You might know that my parents are cousins (they tried to hide this thing from me but of course someone from the family told me it behind their backs) and I was afraid that I was a mutant. As a kid... I didn't know much about these things.
So when this classmates of mine cried it out I got sure I was a mutant.

What is the kindest thing ever done for you?

That my Moon noticed me. I know it's not an action but it's the biggest and kindest thing ever done for me.
I was no more but a lost lonely little wall-flower nobody cared about. But he saw the... woman and the chance in me.

Letti
10-09-2008, 09:53 AM
what a long post
cry your pardon sais :rolleyes:

Tiffany
10-09-2008, 09:59 AM

Favorite fruit?
Favorite smiley?
Are you superstitious?

Are my questions bad? :(

Letti
10-09-2008, 10:58 AM
Nooooope! I had to leave my office so I had no time to answer them.
But now I am at home and I can. *kiss*
Cannot wait to think of them. :rose:

Letti
10-09-2008, 11:18 AM
You didn't miss much still it's good to see you here. :)

Snow. Lots of snow.

Favorite fruit?
It's not easy to choose.
Orange, kiwifruit, grapefruit. But I love them all.

I love reading about tribes. Long lost and vanished tribes and cultures. Tribes from the Polynesian islands.. from the rainforests.. from the middle of the desert.
And Asia. It's so different from Europe and the USA. It looks much richer and truer. But they are getting farther and farther from their roots. Really sad.

Favorite smiley?
from here this one: :couple:

my boring answer: to feel being loved.

jeans

Are you superstitious?
Not really but there are things I am careful with. :D

cookies
I should say NO much more often to them. :rolleyes:

Tiffany
10-09-2008, 11:29 AM
:rock: and :rose: Thank you, lovely lady!

(I love jeans, too).

Letti
10-09-2008, 11:35 AM
:rock: and :rose: Thank you, lovely lady!

(I love jeans, too).

Thank you for asking.
Thank you for listening.

Ruthful
10-09-2008, 12:27 PM
Way too late to this thread, but here goes:

Would you want to teach English in any other countries? If so, which ones?

gsvec
10-09-2008, 03:15 PM
Letti, what heartfelt and thought provoking answers to Brice's tough questions! What a lovely, lovely lady you are!
http://i163.photobucket.com/albums/t316/wistfulvista/icons/toyou.gif

LadyHitchhiker
10-12-2008, 10:52 AM

Nope.
We love and need you as you are. :couple:

You just warmed my heart all over again!!!! :fairy:

Brice
10-14-2008, 01:25 AM
:D

If you could ask one question from God (if there is any) what would it be?

Letti
10-14-2008, 01:26 AM
noooooooo :panic:

Brice
10-14-2008, 01:27 AM
See the dangers of being inquisitive? :P

Darkthoughts
10-14-2008, 12:53 PM

What are your favourite names? (Boy and girl).

MonteGss
10-14-2008, 11:01 PM
Who do you think is the more sensual kisser? Susan Delgado or Susannah Dean?

(NOTE: this is not a question about who you would rather kiss or who is your favorite character) :P

Letti
10-15-2008, 04:21 AM
Way too late to this thread, but here goes:

Would you want to teach English in any other countries? If so, which ones?

Hm, I think if I went to another country to work and live there I wouldn't teach. I would do something else.

:D

If you could ask one question from God (if there is any) what would it be?

Ehhh... how could you ask my own question from me?
I have been thinking about it for long and lots of questions came to my mind but some of them were too deep some of them were too cheep so I think I would ask how He is. This single question could give an answer to many things.

What are your favourite names? (Boy and girl).

Don't laugh..
boy: Roland
girl: It's much harder. I don't really have a favourite girl name. In English maybe Bead.

Who do you think is the more sensual kisser? Susan Delgado or Susannah Dean?

(NOTE: this is not a question about who you would rather kiss or who is your favorite character) :P

I don't think I can give an answer to this question. Both are full of emotions.
If I must choose I say Rosalita. :P

MonteGss
10-15-2008, 08:22 AM
Rosa!! I think I like that answer better anyway. :)

LadyHitchhiker
10-16-2008, 04:31 PM
Who is your favorite fictional character outside of the dark tower series?

Sam
10-16-2008, 06:04 PM
If you were to sell your soul for something, what would it be?

Letti
10-16-2008, 08:44 PM
Who is your favorite fictional character outside of the dark tower series?

Maybe Jareth from Labyrinth. But I will think about it.

If you were to sell your soul for something, what would it be?

For my Moon's health. He deserves a much better and healthier life.

Thank you for asking. :rose:

The Lady of Shadows
10-17-2008, 01:43 PM
is alex trying to seduce that bear, kill that bear, or turn that bear into a vampire (a la bunnicula)? :lol:

Sam
10-17-2008, 03:47 PM
I can understand that completely Letti. I wish I couldn't, but I do.

Apparently, my soul isn't worth that much.

LadyHitchhiker
10-18-2008, 04:33 AM
How many times have you read the dark tower series?

Letti
10-20-2008, 03:23 AM
is alex trying to seduce that bear, kill that bear, or turn that bear into a vampire (a la bunnicula)? :lol:

(Don't tell it anyone but the bunny is loving the bear. ;))

I can understand that completely Letti. I wish I couldn't, but I do.

Apparently, my soul isn't worth that much.

Your soul's worth much. I am sure about it.

How many times have you read the dark tower series?

I have read it three times.
Twice in Hungarian.
Once in English - it's my last reread I am doing it right now as well. I am at the end of the Calla.

Darkthoughts
10-21-2008, 01:55 AM
I just noticed, in my diary, that this Thursday is marked as Proclaimation Day in Hungary. What is that about?

Brice
11-01-2008, 04:56 AM
*looks at thread title*

Is Ka really very greedy? ;)

Letti
11-10-2008, 01:47 PM
*looks at thread title*

Is Ka really very greedy? ;)

Yeah, it is.
Just like me. ;)

I just noticed, in my diary, that this Thursday is marked as Proclaimation Day in Hungary. What is that about?

It was october 23, am I right?

Hungarian Revolution of 1956:
Hungarian Revolution of 1956 was a spontaneous nationwide revolt against the Stalinist government of Hungary and its Soviet-imposed policies, lasting from 23 October until 10 November 1956.
It started as a peaceful day... and it finished with lots of blood in the street.

Darkthoughts
11-10-2008, 01:49 PM
That's very apt that you should reply today then!

Letti
11-10-2008, 01:58 PM
Yes, I am good at timing. ;)
Sadly we didn't get any help from outside (and we were way too weak and littlr) so we failed.