PDA

View Full Version : The Dark Tower Football Pick Contest **RULES OF PLAY**

NeedfulKings
08-21-2008, 06:07 PM
Please take a minute to read these simple rules. It's a VERY easy contest to play, but VERY hard to win! :evil:

1. Each week, we will start a new thread with the games for that week. Simply pick the winners of all games prior to the deadline indicated (usually one hour prior to the first kick-off for that week). Note: Some weeks will have Thursday, Saturday and Sunday games.

2. If you fail to make your picks for the week, you will be assessed the lowest overall score for that week, minus 1 point. If you only miss a Thursday or Saturday game and get your Sunday picks in, those missed games will just count as losses.

3. Bonus Point! Each week I will post a stat such as rushing yards for player X or passing yards for player Z. that we all will guess on. The closest to the actual number (high or low) will earn a bonus point (one loss will be converted to a win). This is purely optional and your record will not be penalized if you don't guess a number. **I may take a vote after about 4 weeks to see if this is still a popular feature**

4. I'll post the cumulative win/loss records each week until the end of the post season (Super Bowl). At that time, we will award 4 prizes:

1st Place
2nd Place
3rd Place
Last Place **

**Eligibility of the coveted Last Place prize requires you to participate each week. If you miss a week you may become ineligible.

HAVE FUN AND THANKS FOR PLAYING!

This thread will be archived and a link will be placed on each Weekly thread.

Jon
08-21-2008, 08:25 PM
Will the bonus be who is the closest or exact? No one wins without being exact?

razz
08-21-2008, 08:30 PM
Can i assume you will be posting the results of the games too? not just our points
and if so
will it be in that weeks thread or the next weeks?

gsvec
08-21-2008, 08:33 PM
3. Bonus Point! Each week I will post a stat such as rushing yards for player X or passing yards for player Z. that we all will guess on. The closest to the actual number (high or low) will earn a bonus point (one loss will be converted to a win). This is purely optional and your record will not be penalized if you don't guess a number. **I may take a vote after about 4 weeks to see if this is still a popular feature**

:lol: Been a rough couple of days for ya, Jon. :beat: Sending goodmind!!

NeedfulKings
08-21-2008, 08:44 PM
Jon, you'll win if you get exact. :) :) :)

Jon
08-21-2008, 08:57 PM
And I'm SOBER!!!

:facepalm:

Rjeso
08-22-2008, 11:10 AM
can more than one player have the same guess for the Bonus Point? I put down my answer before seeing that Mr. Mulder had posted the same guess for passing yards. Can we both have 315 yards, or do I have to change my guess?

razz
08-22-2008, 11:13 AM
And I'm SOBER!!!

:facepalm: (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V2CyQUjBIKA&feature=related)

i know this isn't the destro the picture above you game, but
http://www.forumammo.com/cpg/albums/userpics/10071/picard-no-facepalm.jpg

NeedfulKings
08-22-2008, 11:18 AM
can more than one player have the same guess for the Bonus Point? I put down my answer before seeing that Mr. Mulder had posted the same guess for passing yards. Can we both have 315 yards, or do I have to change my guess?

Hmmm, I don't think I'd worry about that at the moment. There's the chance that there could already be more than one winner (ex. If someone guesses 320 and someone else guesses 300 and the answer is 310).

Pick with your gut. You'll rise with Mr. Mulder or fall with him. ;)

We'll be out of town most of the weekend, but I'll try and check in periodically to answer any other questions.

Have a great weekend!

Bill

Randall Flagg
08-24-2008, 09:00 AM
I would also presume that one can change their picks and bonus guess right up till when the picks are locked.

jayson
08-24-2008, 09:54 AM
I would also presume that one can change their picks and bonus guess right up till when the picks are locked.

after the way favre looked last night, i may want to go higher.8)

NeedfulKings
08-24-2008, 10:56 AM

Correct