PDA

View Full Version : Your favourite book of the series?

Pages : [1] 2

Letti
05-28-2007, 01:08 PM
It's another question I can't get bored with.
It's not easy to pick but if I must I say WaG.

OchrisO
05-28-2007, 01:09 PM
Wolves of the Calla, by far.

Letti
05-28-2007, 01:12 PM
OchrisO, oh man you are quick. :D I have just opened the poll. :)

Jean
05-28-2007, 01:14 PM
Wolves of the Calla, by far.
same. Not by far, though. Some time ago I would have probably voted for The Waste Land, and before that for The Drawing. At the moment, though, it's Wolves.

fernandito
05-28-2007, 01:47 PM
The Gunslinger, without question. The introduction of Roland, the massacre at Tull, the slow mutants, the palaver at the end with the man in black, it's all there. :)

Chassit
05-28-2007, 01:50 PM
The Gunslinger, without question. The introduction of Roland, the massacre at Tull, the slow mutants, the palaver at the end with the man in black, it's all there. :)

Took the words right out of my mouth. :cool:

XIX

fernandito
05-28-2007, 01:52 PM

Took the words right out of my mouth. :cool:

XIX

AND the fight with Cort. :thumbsup:

Chassit
05-28-2007, 02:01 PM
Indeed, we cannot forget David.

XIX

Erin
05-28-2007, 02:29 PM
Wizard and Glass. I was just crazy about that book. Next favorite would be The Drawing of the Three.

Amata
05-28-2007, 03:38 PM
Wolves definately... although TDoTT comes close.

Rjeso
05-28-2007, 03:44 PM
Yeah, can't pick one. :P

VolsToTheWall
05-28-2007, 08:24 PM
It's hard for me to pick just one. I always have a hard time with these "which is your favorite?" questions where you have to pick just one, but if I have to select just one, I'll go with W&G like I always do with this question. I love them all though, and like to think of them as just one big book, though it is hard to do that, with the time gaps between the writing and publication of them and all.

Rjeso
05-28-2007, 08:29 PM
Not picking one was an option, Toast. Just sayin.'

B Rag
05-28-2007, 08:33 PM
The Waste Lands.
Got my favorite character, the Tick Tock Man. Also has lots of good parts with Jake, and Blaine is pretty interesting.

VolsToTheWall
05-28-2007, 08:35 PM
True, but I don't just go for the easy cop out like you Slice. ;) I like to stay true to the question and answer, even though it's a hard choice.

Wuducynn
05-29-2007, 05:59 AM
Like others have mentioned this one is very hard for me, but I've thought about it and The Dark Tower is mine. I love them all though, it's just that The Dark Tower inches above the others because of the so many amazing moments in it that really touch me deeply.

Matt
05-29-2007, 08:07 AM
For me, it was W&G. Before the end of the story it was always DotT and that book will always stand out as the best of the writing in the series.

However, after what we know now, I think this one is my favorite because it stands outside the controversial ending. :D

And that is why I like it best, not to mention, I am a sucker for true love. :wub:

Rjeso
05-29-2007, 08:20 AM
True, but I don't just go for the easy cop out like you Slice. ;) I like to stay true to the question and answer, even though it's a hard choice.

ZING!

Anyway, I've only read through once, I'd rather be a bit more intimate with the series before I pick a favorite. Before, I was swept up in the story and didn't care of there were weak spots. This time I can read with a slightly more critical eye this time and with a better sense for which book is the strongest and which one I like the most.

Hannah
05-29-2007, 08:28 AM
The Drawing of the Three

There are close seconds, but this was the one that hooked me in and made me read the rest of the series.

Matt
05-29-2007, 08:29 AM
Poor Song of Suze. :lol:

Wuducynn
05-29-2007, 08:29 AM
Anyway, I've only read through once, I'd rather be a bit more intimate with the series before I pick a favorite. Before, I was swept up in the story and didn't care of there were weak spots. This time I can read with a slightly more critical eye this time and with a better sense for which book is the strongest and which one I like the most.

That's really sensible of you, good attitude. Too many just jump to a conclusion about it I think. :cool:

VolsToTheWall
05-29-2007, 11:19 PM

That is a good point Slice, so I'll have to cut you some slack on this one. ;) After you complete your re-read let us know which your favorte is.

Letti
05-30-2007, 03:53 AM

:rolleyes:

:D

I loved it but it's not my favourite.

Jean
05-30-2007, 04:10 AM

:rolleyes:

:D

I loved it but it's not my favourite.

it's one of my four favorites! Only I couldn't find any way to make the poll reflect it. http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k291/mishemplushem/Palaver/cry_hamster.gif

funky dredd
05-30-2007, 04:29 AM
Wizard and Glass.

towerguard
05-30-2007, 05:05 AM
Wizard and Glass. I liked reading about Cuthbert, and the Eyebolt fight was really cool and not overdone like the final battle in WoTC. I think I might have enjoyed it more because I've come to realize I really didn't like Eddie or Susanah very much... :lol:

Which is why TDotT is my least favorite book.

She-Oy
05-30-2007, 08:26 AM
TDotT is my pick...probably because that's when all the major players of the series came into the picture...things really starting moving. I actually liked Suze in TDotT...it wasn't until the last 3 books she started riding my nerves...

Letti
05-30-2007, 08:30 AM
Wizard and Glass. I liked reading about Cuthbert, and the Eyebolt fight was really cool and not overdone like the final battle in WoTC. I think I might have enjoyed it more because I've come to realize I really didn't like Eddie or Susanah very much... :lol:

Oh man I have never read such an opinion before. :scared:

Wuducynn
05-30-2007, 11:04 AM
For me it goes

DT7

Wolves of the Calla

Song of Susannah, Wastelands and Wizard and Glass

The Gunslinger and Drawing of the Three

On the other hand, I love them all, they're my favorite books by far.

Jean
05-30-2007, 11:08 AM
For me it goes

DT7

Wolves of the Calla

Song of Susannah, Wastelands and Wizard and Glass

The Gunslinger and Drawing of the Three

On the other hand, I love them all, they're my favorite books by far.

well, maybe someone makes a separate thread for the rating of all the seven books (then these our posts will be merged there), but so far it's fine here... my order is:

Wolves, The Waste Lands and The Drawing
Song of Susannah
DT7
The Gunslinger and Wizard and Glass

Wuducynn
05-30-2007, 11:12 AM
This whole time I thought Wolves was your top favorite Jean!

Jean
05-30-2007, 11:14 AM
it is. I voted for it, didn't I?

Wuducynn
05-30-2007, 11:29 AM
Oh the way you have it listed in your post is

"Wolves, The Waste Lands and The Drawing"

So I took that to mean that they are equally your top favorites.

Jean
05-30-2007, 11:32 AM
yes, they are! But if I have to choose one, it's Wolves. I hope, however, I will never have to in any other place than here. http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k291/mishemplushem/Facilitation/bear_grin.gif

towerguard
05-30-2007, 03:10 PM

Oh man I have never read such an opinion before. :scared:

:lol:

I totally Ron Paul'd Letti....

Wuducynn
05-30-2007, 03:18 PM

I totally Ron Paul'd Letti....

Yeah except with Letti she really hadn't heard of your opinion before.. :lol:

Frunobulax
05-30-2007, 06:42 PM
Book I--the original one. It IS the book that started this insane crackhead-like addiction to the series.

Matt
05-31-2007, 10:22 AM
W&G is still up by a nose!!

RmRem
06-09-2007, 03:47 PM
I'd say The Waste Lands, If not for any other reason then everything in that book was so desperate and vital.

-Rem

fernandito
06-09-2007, 03:49 PM
I'd say The Waste Lands, If not for any other reason then everything in that book was so desperate and vital.

-Rem

I think that's WL's biggest virtue: once the pace picks up, it never lets up.

Wuducynn
06-09-2007, 09:14 PM
W&G is still up by a nose!!

What is this a contest?

Matt
06-10-2007, 05:09 AM
There is a poll, I am competitive by nature. :D

Wuducynn
06-10-2007, 06:53 AM
Well what are the prizes then?

MonteGss
06-12-2007, 02:11 PM
BOOOO to Wizard and Glass.

I haven't voted yet...I'm almost done with my audio of DT5, I'll vote when I finish. I have a feeling I know what it is already though.

Matt
06-13-2007, 10:14 AM
Well what are the prizes then?

The prize is the book knowing it is favorite. :lol:

I could send SK another book mark I guess.

Letti
06-14-2007, 11:02 AM

I haven't voted yet...I'm almost done with my audio of DT5, I'll vote when I finish. I have a feeling I know what it is already though.

Can it change??

MonteGss
06-14-2007, 04:57 PM

Can it change??

No, my dear, I don't think it will. :)
I really don't think my listening to DT6 or DT7 will change my what my favorite is. Seven, might..........someday.

Letti
06-15-2007, 08:00 AM

Can it change??

No, my dear, I don't think it will. :)
I really don't think my listening to DT6 or DT7 will change my what my favorite is. Seven, might..........someday.
:huglove:

Wuducynn
06-15-2007, 11:10 AM
Letti will love you to death and THAT will change your mind for you! :D

MonteGss
06-15-2007, 05:14 PM
Yes....
She is, afterall, the DT Princess. :wub:
(one of them anyway :))

NeedfulKings
06-15-2007, 06:17 PM
I voted that I can't pick. So, me and RJ shall stand as one! :p

Honestly, having almost finished my 2nd time through, I love and hate certain parts of each book. I think King outdid himself with DotT and the first half of The Waste Lands. But, alas, that's 2 books.

W&G is a great story and I love the young ka-tet, but it's not my fave. I'd be split between Gunslinger, DotT, SoS, and The Dark Tower.

That's today's menu. Check back again tomorrow. ;)

Wuducynn
06-15-2007, 08:32 PM
She is, afterall, the DT Princess. :wub:
(one of them anyway :))

Yes, and so are you Monte... :wub:

Wuducynn
06-15-2007, 08:38 PM
I voted that I can't pick. So, me and RJ shall stand as one! :p

Honestly, having almost finished my 2nd time through, I love and hate certain parts of each book. I think King outdid himself with DotT and the first half of The Waste Lands. But, alas, that's 2 books.

W&G is a great story and I love the young ka-tet, but it's not my fave. I'd be split between Gunslinger, DotT, SoS, and The Dark Tower.

That's today's menu. Check back again tomorrow. ;)

http://i104.photobucket.com/albums/m168/Los_The_Red/CK3.jpg

YOU WILL CHOOSE DT7 BILL!!! YOU WILL!!!!

NeedfulKings
06-16-2007, 10:12 AM
:cyclops: :cyclops: :cyclops: :cyclops:

Nothing like a bit of pressure there, Crimson!!!

:pirate:

Wuducynn
06-16-2007, 10:57 AM
No pressure!

fernandito
06-16-2007, 11:26 AM

The only thing you're missing from that no-pressure post is the EEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!

Letti
06-17-2007, 03:22 AM

The only thing you're missing from that no-pressure post is the EEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!

This "EEEEEEEEEEE" thing is one of those things that make me read the last book very quickly. :lol:

alinda
06-17-2007, 06:14 AM
Letti, You do have the book do you not? Because I am
thinking of sending you one with the next bouquet of
flowers!!:huglove:

Letti
06-17-2007, 01:31 PM
Letti, You do have the book do you not? Because I am
thinking of sending you one with the next bouquet of
flowers!!:huglove:

Oh girl... I have no words.. anyway I have the book, yes I do it. Shame on me I bought it long time ago and you can see... I am not over it yet.

You are an angel and even the idea makes my heart fly.
Thank you, Linda. :rose:

Dandelo
06-19-2007, 02:42 PM
Gotta be Wolves.

Pere Callahan was the f'n man, dude.

I still listen to Elton John's Someone Saved My Life Tonight and think of the Book 5 version of the tet.

The Orizas? Rad.

Roland dancing the commala?? Oy taking a bow???

Oh...anyone else imagine Rosalita as bangin' hot?

Plus other than poor old Benny Slightman and Eisenhart (what was her first name again?), everybody survives...I like that. Preperation baby.

Matt
06-19-2007, 02:52 PM
There is a tag up there for spoilers if you want to use it Dandelo

just like this

Wuducynn
06-19-2007, 03:35 PM
There is a tag up there for spoilers if you want to use it Dandelo

just like this

Liar

Mordred Deschain
06-25-2007, 05:46 PM
I actually have to say, the Gunslinger (original, not revised not re-edited..etc)
2nd would be Wizard and Glass, for Rolands story and the... well, the villian at the end.

Patrick
06-26-2007, 04:26 PM
In order:

W&G

The Gunslinger

Drawing of the Three

WotC

Wastelands

Dark Tower

Song of Susannah

Note: I voted for The Gunslinger instead of W&G, so maybe my subconscious is trying to tell me something.

Wuducynn
06-27-2007, 05:47 AM
No one asked for your opinion Patrick! Why don't you go hang with your boyfriend Joe Hill!? http://thedarktower.net/forums/html/emoticons/fuck.gif

Letti
06-27-2007, 09:02 AM
No one asked for your opinion Patrick! Why don't you go hang with your boyfriend Joe Hill!? http://thedarktower.net/forums/html/emoticons/fuck.gif

Oh sorry AllHail but I did some days ago in person.. :P

Patrick
06-27-2007, 09:46 AM
No one asked for your opinion Patrick! Why don't you go hang with your boyfriend Joe Hill!? http://thedarktower.net/forums/html/emoticons/fuck.gifOh sorry AllHail but I did some days ago in person.. :P

AllHail:
http://gallery.elvado.de/albums/structure/USER-RELATED/stfu/yoda-stfu.jpg

Letti: :huglove:

MonteGss
06-27-2007, 09:52 AM
No one asked for your opinion Patrick! Why don't you go hang with your boyfriend Joe Hill!? http://thedarktower.net/forums/html/emoticons/fuck.gifOh sorry AllHail but I did some days ago in person.. :P

AllHail:
http://gallery.elvado.de/albums/structure/USER-RELATED/stfu/yoda-stfu.jpg

Letti: :huglove:

:rofl:
Awesome pic!

Wuducynn
06-27-2007, 10:40 AM
Patrick, that picture made my day! :rofl: :rofl:

Wuducynn
06-27-2007, 10:48 AM
Patrick has beers waiting for him up here in MA whenever he gets out here to New England, and a cigar on top of that just for posting that great picture. :lol:

VolsToTheWall
06-27-2007, 04:30 PM
Patrick has beers waiting for him up here in MA whenever he gets out here to New England, and a cigar on top of that just for posting that great picture. :lol:
Don't fall for his tricks Patrick. He tried this on me once, and if it wasn't for that one window in his basement he accidently left unlocked, I'd still be trapped. ;)

Matt
06-27-2007, 04:44 PM
Rookie mistake :ninja:

Wuducynn
06-28-2007, 10:50 AM
Don't fall for his tricks Patrick. He tried this on me once, and if it wasn't for that one window in his basement he accidently left unlocked, I'd still be trapped. ;)

You're still not over that are you?

VolsToTheWall
06-28-2007, 07:49 PM
You're still not over that are you?
The therapist just isn't helping, I must admit. :cry:

Mordred Deschain
06-28-2007, 07:50 PM
YOu guys are cracken me up! :0

Patrick
06-28-2007, 11:43 PM
As long as the beer is an ale and the cigar comes with a match, I'll be fine in the basement. :thumbsup:

What the hell was the question again?

Wuducynn
06-29-2007, 06:07 AM
What the hell was the question again?

What is your favorite Penthouse Pet?

Oh and the ale served at my home is Old Speckled Hen and the cigars are Rocky Patel Vintage 1990s. Hows that?

Jean
06-29-2007, 06:49 AM
http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k291/mishemplushem/Facilitation/backtotopic.gif http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k291/mishemplushem/Facilitation/thank_you-1.gif

Patrick
06-29-2007, 01:25 PM
What the hell was the question again?What is your favorite Penthouse Pet?

Oh and the ale served at my home is Old Speckled Hen and the cigars are Rocky Patel Vintage 1990s. Hows that?

I'm in.

http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k291/mishemplushem/Facilitation/backtotopic.gif http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k291/mishemplushem/Facilitation/thank_you-1.gif
Despite all the things I love about the book, especially the whole Eddie Dean story, the reason that DRAWING OF THE THREE does not rank higher on my list is that I found the Detta character to be highly annoying. I know that SK later explains that she is talking like somewhat of a caricature, but still.

Erin
07-02-2007, 10:23 AM
I'm with you on that Patrick. Detta is the only part of the series I really didn't like.

Letti
07-02-2007, 11:14 AM
Detta annoying?
I didn't mind "listening" to her however sometimes when I was reading i in English it was not easy to understand her. :lol:

Matt
07-02-2007, 11:16 AM
I thought the difference in her speech (while detta/odetta) really illustrated the idea that they were literally two different people.

She is my least favorite of the katet but I can understand why she was the way she was.

Letti
07-02-2007, 11:21 AM
She is not my favourite, either but somehow now I see Odetta in her... and that's why her character is interesting enough for me that she can't be annoying to me.

Vertigo
07-08-2007, 11:33 PM
Definitely The Gunslinger; I like it even more than The Stand!

Matt
07-09-2007, 06:42 AM
:o

I guess we can still be friends Vertigo :lol:

Letti
07-09-2007, 11:01 AM
:o

I guess we can still be friends Vertigo :lol:

You have a golden heart.

Letti
07-09-2007, 11:02 AM
Definitely The Gunslinger; I like it even more than The Stand!

Would you let us know why you like it so much? I am interested in it a lot. *nods*

Vertigo
07-10-2007, 11:43 PM
Uh oh, what I do? Heh.

Uh, lemme think. The Gunslinger is the most removed King book. It's his purest fantasy, and I've always thought his fantasy was better than his horror. It's also his most poetic; I can't think of another story quite like it (well, except for Eyes of the Dragon, but Gunslinger is about a hundred times more mature, naturally).

Uh, the Stand of course being my bet for second best King book ever.

Letti
07-11-2007, 12:07 PM
Thank you for the answer. I see. And I must agree this book is really poetic.

Darkthoughts
07-12-2007, 01:06 PM
My re-read is upto The Dark Tower now, and I must say that surprisingly I think I may go with Wolves of the Calla as my favourite. Drawing of the Three and The Waste Lands are amazing because of the bonding of the ka-tet, but Wolves is such a stand out example of story telling. And I love the Pere's tales of his todash turnpikin' days.

Jean
07-12-2007, 10:49 PM
My re-read is upto The Dark Tower now, and I must say that surprisingly I think I may go with Wolves of the Calla as my favourite. Drawing of the Three and The Waste Lands are amazing because of the bonding of the ka-tet, but Wolves is such a stand out example of story telling. And I love the Pere's tales of his todash turnpikin' days.
Agree with every word! Exactly: Wolves as [probably] favorite, with Drawing and The WL as very close seconds. http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k291/mishemplushem/Facilitation/0134-bear.gif

Letti
07-13-2007, 09:31 PM
Anyway the longer time Roland and his ka-tet are in my life the less I feel I have a favourite book at al.

Jean
07-14-2007, 10:16 AM
i voted for Wizard and Glass although i really like The Gunslinger

that's how W&G got its sky-high rating!

Letti
07-14-2007, 11:30 AM
i voted for Wizard and Glass although i really like The Gunslinger

that's how W&G got its sky-high rating!

Sky-high??? :D

Wuducynn
07-14-2007, 11:31 PM
Yeah 11. Compared to poor old DT7.. me being the only one who voted for it so far... :( I find it surprising that I'm the only one. I know a lot of folk have problems with the ending but jeeze louise! :lol:

Letti
07-15-2007, 12:26 AM
Yeah 11. Compared to poor old DT7.. me being the only one who voted for it so far... :( I find it surprising that I'm the only one. I know a lot of folk have problems with the ending but jeeze louise! :lol:

I haven't finished the last book yet so I might join your little club. ;)

Darkthoughts
07-15-2007, 06:59 AM
I'm halfway through with my reread of DT7 right now and even though I enjoyed it first time round (I didn't dislike the ending...but I found myself picking holes in various aspects of it) I'm enjoying it more second time round. Actually, enjoying isn't the right word - perhaps appreciating would be better. You can see the final outcomes being foreshadowed when you reread it and it helps them to make more sense. Plus the whole bit of SK writing himself in to the story doesn't jar me this time, infact I kinda like it - he's self depreciating and egotistic in all the right measures :P

MonteGss
07-23-2007, 03:19 AM
I've finally voted. I finished my listen of the DT and my results are based on that and all my times reading the series. Wolves is definitely the best one. :) For shits and giggles, here is my order:

Wolves
Waste Lands
Dark Tower
Drawing
Wizard
Song
Gunslinger

Letti
07-23-2007, 11:31 AM
I've finally voted. I finished my listen of the DT and my results are based on that and all my times reading the series. Wolves is definitely the best one. :) For shits and giggles, here is my order:

Wolves
Waste Lands
Dark Tower
Drawing
Wizard
Song
Gunslinger

I am happy to know it. :rose:

Wuducynn
07-23-2007, 11:45 AM
I am happy to have an image of Monte shitting and giggling... So Letti are you still in the process of reading DT7? Or did you give up because you can't stand to have the series end?

Letti
07-23-2007, 11:48 AM
I am happy to have an image of Monte shitting and giggling... So Letti are you still in the process of reading DT7? Or did you give up because you can't stand to have the series end?

I feel you love me. Am I right?
I haven't touched DT7 for a year. I think I read the first 10 pages when I bought the book. I know I am insane but what can I do?

Wuducynn
07-23-2007, 11:59 AM
Of course I love you! :D I think you'll have to switch your vote from "I can't choose just one" to DT7 if you ever finish it! :thumbsup: ;)

Letti
07-23-2007, 12:00 PM
I haven't read DT7 yet (as you know9 but I love it already. And I mean it.

MonteGss
07-23-2007, 03:28 PM
I am happy to have an image of Monte shitting and giggling...

Funny!! I am glad I could give you that image! :)

Wuducynn
07-23-2007, 03:45 PM
I am glad I could give you that image! :)

I bet you are and right before lunch back then too! Fucker!! Now before this last reading what was your favorite of the series?

Jean
07-23-2007, 09:53 PM

Wolves
Waste Lands
Dark Tower
Drawing
Wizard
Song
Gunslinger

I am happy to know it. :rose:

and how happy I am! One more vote for Wolves!http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k291/mishemplushem/Facilitation/0134-bear.gif

Wuducynn
07-24-2007, 05:46 AM
Wolves is a close #2 for me. Man, I REALLY love that book. Well I REALLY love the whole series...so I REALLY, REALLY love Wolves.

Wuducynn
07-24-2007, 05:48 AM
My list goes like this...

The Dark Tower

Wolves of the Calla

Song of Susannah - Wastelands

Wizard and Glass

Drawing of the Three - The Gunslinger

MonteGss
07-30-2007, 06:21 PM
Now before this last reading what was your favorite of the series?

CK...my favorite was always Wolves! As soon as I read it I loved it. The Waste Lands was always really high up there as well. DT7 is great too, of course. Sometimes my least favorite changes...sometimes Wizard and Glass falls down there.

Mordred Deschain
07-30-2007, 06:42 PM
Gunslinger and Wizard

I do have to say Wolves for the final fight scene.

I'm all about the gun play

Wuducynn
07-30-2007, 08:27 PM
CK...my favorite was always Wolves! As soon as I read it I loved it. The Waste Lands was always really high up there as well. DT7 is great too, of course. Sometimes my least favorite changes...sometimes Wizard and Glass falls down there.

Oh okay cool. :thumbsup:

Cutter
08-02-2007, 07:51 AM
No love for The Dark Tower, only one vote :( *sniff*

Although I voted for The Waste Lands, Jake's story and Lud were both highlights. Just the build up to Blain was just damn cool, in my opinion. Anyway, I thought Lud was the best city or location and is one of the reasons why I like this book the best.

My favorites, in order from best to worst:
The Waste Lands
The Dark Tower
Wizard & Glass
Wolves of the Calla
The Gunslinger
The Drawing of the Three
Song of Susannah

the top five are all great, but the bottom two I find a bit rough to read. Especially the Lobster thingies, it seems like I read 400 pages on just those lobster thingies.

Wuducynn
08-02-2007, 08:12 AM
No love for The Dark Tower, only one vote *sniff*

I know, I'm the proud one vote. Forget that, look at poor Song of Susannah! My third favorite of the series!

Letti
08-03-2007, 11:12 AM
No love for The Dark Tower, only one vote *sniff*

I know, I'm the proud one vote. Forget that, look at poor Song of Susannah! My third favorite of the series!

Matt
08-03-2007, 11:25 AM
Wizard and Glass is still the favorite :rock:

Letti
08-03-2007, 11:29 AM
Wizard and Glass is still the favorite :rock:

In my heart, too. I am just rereading it. Susan and Roland have just met. :wub:

Matt
08-03-2007, 11:35 AM
Same here, I can't wait to get to it on the re read. :wub:

Wuducynn
08-03-2007, 11:41 AM
Interesting to look at the results of the exact same poll over at the Official SK message board -

Poll choices Votes Statistics
The Dark Tower I: The Gunslinger 4 [9.09%]
The Dark Tower II: The Drawing of the Three 11 [25.00%]
The Dark Tower III: The Waste Lands 7 [15.91%]
The Dark Tower IV: Wizard & Glass 10 [22.73%]
The Dark Tower V: Wolves of The Calla 1 [2.27%]
The Dark Tower VI: Song of Susannah 1 [2.27%]
The Dark Tower VII: The Dark Tower 10 [22.73%]

Matt
08-03-2007, 11:42 AM
Wow, those are pretty close.

Letti
08-03-2007, 12:02 PM
Interesting to look at the results of the exact same poll over at the Official SK message board -

Thank you for the information. Do you know how many people have voted there?

Wuducynn
08-03-2007, 12:04 PM

It lists the number of votes in the poll.

Letti
08-03-2007, 12:07 PM

It lists the number of votes in the poll.

Oh yes, now I see. Cry your pardon, sai. :wub:

Matt
08-03-2007, 12:09 PM
Looks like just a few more than we have, that's pretty sweet

MonteGss
08-03-2007, 08:10 PM
Mark this post everyone! One year from now, Wolves of the Calla will officially be voted TheDarkTower.com's favorite book. I know it will win in the end. :lol:
BOOOOO to Wizard and Glass! :)

Wuducynn
08-03-2007, 08:21 PM
Watch Monte go on a recruiting drive to do it too :rolleyes:

MonteGss
08-03-2007, 08:24 PM
;)

Cutter
08-06-2007, 07:47 AM

AllHail is trying to get some respect with those 10 votes for The Dark Tower, lol I can't blame you, though, it is good. :)

Anyway surprising The Drawing of the Three is beating out Wizard & Glass, even though it's not my favorite, I understand well and good it's usually the most popular book of the series.

Wuducynn
08-06-2007, 08:25 AM
Guthrie, I have no respect, and I like to keep it that way, so I won't bother going to look for any.. ;) I can't say I'm surprised by the numbers on DOTT because it's extremely popular.

Jean
08-06-2007, 08:39 AM
Guthrie, I have no respect, and I like to keep it that way, so I won't bother going to look for any.. ;)
Too late, AllHail, too late...

I am surprised - not to say shocked - at what Wolves got.

Wuducynn
08-06-2007, 08:48 AM
Too late, AllHail, too late... Nooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!

I am surprised - not to say shocked - at what Wolves got.

Same here...though that poll wasn't started too long ago, so give it some months and I'll post an update on it and compare it to this one..same goes with this one. Also, you have to compare the population of each message boards. The Official SK Message Board has several thousand members and this one has a couple of hundred and how many have voted as a total. Not many have voted in either of the polls.
So what it comes down to is right now neither poll is very representative of Dark Tower fandom.

Matt
08-06-2007, 08:50 AM
Ours will be soon

MWAHAHAHAHAH!!

*chokes*

Daghain
08-06-2007, 08:53 AM

Mordred Deschain
08-06-2007, 04:53 PM
Soon as someone makes those kick ass t shirts!

Letti
08-10-2007, 08:21 AM
I wouldn't mind if my favourite didn't get any more votes... who cares? I know how I feel and that's all.

Wuducynn
08-10-2007, 08:25 AM
I wouldn't mind if my favourite didn't get any more votes... who cares? I know how I feel and that's all.

I care, because if enough folk choose Wizard and Glass as their favorite or Wolves of the Calla then I'm going to have to change my opinion...it's magic how a little poll can work like that.
Seriously, though. I just love the whole series. They are my favorite books and I can't get enough of them.

Letti
08-10-2007, 08:26 AM
At the moment I have no idea if you were serious above or not, Matthew.
Can this poll change your opinion? I can't imagine it so I think you're kidding.

Wuducynn
08-10-2007, 08:27 AM
I can't imagine it so I think you're kidding.

BINGO!

Letti
08-10-2007, 08:28 AM
How smart I am. Wow. :D

Mordred Deschain
08-11-2007, 07:14 AM

I care.

Letti
08-11-2007, 07:40 AM

I care.

We are different. That's why this amazing place exists. :D

Harrald
09-22-2007, 01:47 PM
The Gunslinger. With the Wastelands a close second. The first book brought me into a whole new world (like The Stand) and opened up new lines of thought for me. I liked the crossing between worlds thing. I guess part of it was I liked Jake too since his return is in the Wastelands.

Matt
09-24-2007, 07:25 AM
That was my reason for loving Wastelands too. And it wasn't just Jake coming back, but Roland having to save him from Ticky.

Storyslinger
09-24-2007, 07:27 AM
My favorite part of Wastes besides the above is Oy, he's just so damn loveable

hisDudeness
12-25-2007, 03:37 PM
The Gunslinger is by far the best book in the series.
I feel that King sarted to slack after the first book.
Dont get me wrong. I like the whole series,but the orignal mystic and suspence is unbeatable.

Matt
12-26-2007, 01:48 PM
Dang!

I was hoping I could agree with you in this thread too :lol:

no dice

Wuducynn
12-26-2007, 06:33 PM
Wow, one other person who has participated in the poll agrees with me!

hpr7
01-03-2008, 01:24 PM
The last book (the dark tower) is fantastic

Letti
01-03-2008, 01:26 PM

Indeed.

Matt
01-03-2008, 01:27 PM

It really is, it is the one that is most frequently discussed here for sure.

Wuducynn
01-03-2008, 02:43 PM

Strongly agreed. Welcome to the site, Hpr7.

Jon
01-12-2008, 01:38 AM
The Drawing of the Three always gets my imagination flowing...almost as much as The Stand.

Wuducynn
01-12-2008, 03:59 AM
Jon's favorite book of the Dark Tower series is The Stand.

CyberGhostface
01-12-2008, 06:40 AM
Hard to pick. I chose Wolves of the Calla, although I was considering DotT or TWL.

Jean
01-12-2008, 11:09 AM
Hard to pick. I chose Wolves of the Calla, although I was considering DotT or TWL.
I always was under impression we were antipodes; now I find out we're Twinners??? http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k291/mishemplushem/Facilitation/bear_hmmm.gif

Dud-a-chum?
01-14-2008, 01:45 PM
Anyone who remembers me from .net knows the book that I absolutely hate of this series, and also which one I love the most, but I am surprised that SoS hasn't gotten any votes yet. It's number 4 on my total favorites list, and is leaps and bounds beyond the monsterosity known as WotC.

Wuducynn
01-14-2008, 02:15 PM
Anyone who remembers me from .net knows the book that I absolutely hate of this series, and also which one I love the most, but I am surprised that SoS hasn't gotten any votes yet. It's number 4 on my total favorites list, and is leaps and bounds beyond the monsterosity known as WotC.

Head over to the "Your Order of the Series" thread that I made and let us all know your preferred order.

cozener
01-17-2008, 05:59 AM
W&G for me. But Drawing of the Three is a damn close second.

Woofer
01-24-2008, 03:50 PM
I couldn't pick because my favorite changes with my mood. Except for W&G. That's never my favorite. I just... I don't read King for the love stories. I wanted less Susan, more gunslinger stuff. More Cuthbert and Alain! More Jonas (god I love to hate him)!

:cowboy:

Storyslinger
01-29-2008, 09:59 AM
The Gunslinger; Unrevised

LadyHitchhiker
02-04-2008, 03:54 PM
Drawing of the Three got me addicted so it's the one.

HanzouNorak
02-04-2008, 07:29 PM
The Dark Tower hands down

devo133
02-18-2008, 09:29 PM
Wizard and Glass. The coming of age story of 3 boys sent out East to fend for themselves and become men. That scene where they took down hundreds of fighters with slingshots, very cool. And teenage romance!

KO1
02-20-2008, 12:37 AM
Each novel added its own twist on the story, so its very difficult to chose a favorite.

But if I had to I'd go with Drawing of the Three.

MonteGss
02-20-2008, 12:42 AM
Wow. The results to me are so surprising. That many more people liked Wizard and Glass? Wow. It was just too much of a "break" from the ka-tet for my liking.

Oh yeah, and I can't stand Susan.

KO1
02-20-2008, 12:44 AM
Wizard and Glass was almost a side story. I mean it did play into the greater story of course, but it did through me a bit.

But it was a very good never the less

Erin
02-20-2008, 01:42 AM
Wow. The results to me are so surprising. That many more people liked Wizard and Glass? Wow. It was just too much of a "break" from the ka-tet for my liking.

Monte, I think we disagree on absolutely everything (Juliette Lewis...FOREVAAARRR!)

But I still love 'ya. :D :D :D

John Blaze
02-20-2008, 04:02 AM
Wizard and Glass. I was just crazy about that book. Next favorite would be The Drawing of the Three.

Exactly how I feel.

MonteGss
02-20-2008, 01:15 PM

Monte, I think we disagree on absolutely everything (Juliette Lewis...FOREVAAARRR!)

But I still love 'ya. :D :D :D

Hmmm. Yes, we may have to do something about that. I cannot allow this to happen again Erin. Please....I am always right. :D :evil:

Oh, I bet we can agree that your dog Gimli is super-cute....as is his master. :wub:

John Blaze
02-20-2008, 03:17 PM
I'll jump on that wagon...

Wait, that sounded dirty.....

Girlystevedave
02-21-2008, 06:21 PM
I have to say The Gunslinger. The first time I read it, I re-read it about three times the same weekend. First time reading it, I liked it, but felt like I wasn't taking it all in (the language and all). So, I re-read it because I was determined to really fall in love with it, which I did. There are just so many layers to that one story: The brief glimpse of Roland's youth, the introduction to Jake, the talk with the Man in Black. I knew I was going to be addicted to the series when I closed the book. No story has every left me with such a feeling of wonder and anxiousness. It's definitely the most beautiful story of them all. And, as I said in another thread, it has become almost poetic to me now.

Letti
02-22-2008, 12:00 AM
Yes, the Gunslinger really is poetic.
I wish I could get a not revised version in English. I will hunt it down some time. :)

Ka-tet
02-23-2008, 01:36 PM
It has to be WAG for me. Aside from loving the story and how the book was played out, i feel it really helped me understand roland.

Seymour_Glass
04-17-2008, 04:50 PM
I'm such a noob, I'm still reading Wolves for the first time. But it's shaping up to be my favorite so far.

Wizard and Glass: loved the beginning, loved the ending, but it really took too much time in between. I didn't care about the characters in the flashback (besides Roland and Cuthbert) until the last possible moment. Then I was roused and heartbroken in about 150 pages, which is not a lot.

The Waste Lands: Awesome. My favorite that I have finished. Awesomeness.

The Drawing of the Three: Loved it. Got kinda tired of Detta, but I like how it all worked out. Loved meeting Eddie and Jack Mort.

Gunslinger: Magically Poetical. Nuff said.

FatherofRoland
04-17-2008, 06:55 PM
I guess Wizard and Glass was probably my fastest read as I was engrossed in the flashback story and the love story between Roland and Susan, since you know it is going to end horribly but I was still hoping. It is fun to read something about his past as Roland keeps alluding to it. This is the book that gives you a real glimpse into it. I am always frustrated with gunslinger movies or stories where they are always talking about the old days and the story is about the last time or when everyone is old. I always want to see or hear about the old times.

The Waste lands was a very excellent book. The story with Blain was very exciting. I might have liked that better than WaG. WaG was sort of separate from the rest so difficult to compare

Wuducynn
04-17-2008, 07:07 PM
Poor lonely Song of Susannah. I still don't get why its not someone's favorite. I love it along with the rest..

FatherofRoland
04-17-2008, 07:12 PM
Song of Susannah just felt like the beginning of The Dark Tower VII. It was a fine book with a very important piece of the story. But I really felt like it was only separate so that The Dark Tower wasn't too huge of a book.

MonteGss
04-17-2008, 08:17 PM
Only 5 for DT7? That is surprising too, imo! CK, I'm sure one of them is yours...

Wuducynn
04-17-2008, 08:18 PM
You're damn right one of them is mine. It is surprising to me also...on the SK message board it's neck and neck with Wizard and Glass...interesting.

Wuducynn
04-17-2008, 08:19 PM
I have a hard enough time choosing "best of" in the Dark Tower saga anyway, because I love the whole series so much.

MonteGss
04-17-2008, 08:21 PM
Make me barf....Wizard and Glass. :lol:
That will always be last (or 2nd to last) on my list. :D
In case you've forgotten, my favorite is Wolves, followed by Waste Lands.

Jean
04-17-2008, 10:03 PM
I'm such a noob, I'm still reading Wolves for the first time. But it's shaping up to be my favorite so far.

Wizard and Glass: loved the beginning, loved the ending, but it really took too much time in between. I didn't care about the characters in the flashback (besides Roland and Cuthbert) until the last possible moment. Then I was roused and heartbroken in about 150 pages, which is not a lot.

The Waste Lands: Awesome. My favorite that I have finished. Awesomeness.

The Drawing of the Three: Loved it. Got kinda tired of Detta, but I like how it all worked out. Loved meeting Eddie and Jack Mort.

Gunslinger: Magically Poetical. Nuff said.
I could have written it myself... every word of the above quotation (except that I finished the series, of course)...

::greatly surprized::

http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k291/mishemplushem/Facilitation/bear_unsure.gif

obscurejude
04-17-2008, 10:04 PM
Jean, good to see you. :thumbsup: I hope you say that about one of my post someday.

Letti
04-17-2008, 10:08 PM
Jean, I know that you would like to think that you are a real loner but you aren't. I mean we all have a bit of Jean inside and time to time it comes up.

I am glad to se new opinions in the thread. Thank you, FatherofRoland and Seymour_Glass.

Jean
04-17-2008, 10:21 PM
I am not a loner! Bears are gregarious animals!
Or... er... are they?... well, maybe it's only that this particular bear loves you my dear friends so much...
http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k291/mishemplushem/Facilitation/0134-bear.gifhttp://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k291/mishemplushem/Facilitation/0134-bear.gifhttp://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k291/mishemplushem/Facilitation/0134-bear.gif

obscure: we usually discuss such subtle things where any verbatim agreement is hardly possible... although we mostly agree in the essential

now I wonder what Seymour_Glass will say when he has read DT6 and 7!

Letti
04-17-2008, 10:28 PM
I am sure Seymour_Glass will love those book as well. The one who can love the Wolves will love the end as well.

Wuducynn
04-18-2008, 05:27 AM
I mean we all have a bit of Jean inside and time to time it comes up.

"We" all do?

sarah
04-18-2008, 07:01 AM
Make me barf....Wizard and Glass. :lol:
That will always be last (or 2nd to last) on my list. :D
In case you've forgotten, my favorite is Wolves, followed by Waste Lands.

**is barfing along with you**

My first read of W&G was fantastic. I loved it, but for some reason I've never been able to fully read it since. I've read the first and last parts several times and I've skimmed the middle a couple of times but as for a straight read, I've only done that once. :unsure:

My favorite (of the moment) is The Wastelands.

MonteGss
04-18-2008, 08:53 AM
It is always a hard choice for me maerlyn, between Wolves and Waste Lands. I think it may be the Fadda that pushes Wolves to the top for me. Waste Lands though is much higher than the remaining five novels though. :D

Erin
04-18-2008, 09:05 AM
I'll be doing another re-read this summer. I think it will be interesting to see if Wizard and Glass remains my favorite. It seems to fall out of people's number one spot after a few re-reads.

Wuducynn
04-18-2008, 10:18 AM
It is always a hard choice for me maerlyn, between Wolves and Waste Lands. I think it may be the Fadda that pushes Wolves to the top for me. Waste Lands though is much higher than the remaining five novels though. :D

*cough* not a true Dark Tower fan *cough*

Fall of Gilead
04-18-2008, 10:28 AM
DT 7. Definitely.

Wuducynn
04-18-2008, 10:29 AM
*High-fives the FOGster*

Letti
04-18-2008, 11:59 AM
I loved (and do love) W&G so much that I was sure nothing could change it... but when I finished the series I had to change my mind. DT7 is my favourite.

Jean
04-18-2008, 10:27 PM
I loved (and do love) W&G so much that I was sure nothing could change it... but when I finished the series I had to change my mind. DT7 is my favourite.
I hope you edited your vote in the poll accordingly?

Letti
04-19-2008, 12:22 AM
As I remember yes, I did. :)

sarah
04-20-2008, 07:24 AM

*cough* not a true Dark Tower fan *cough*

:rofl: :rofl:

Monte, I liked WotC but I didn't love it enough to make it even close to my number one. When I first read it, I was so absorbed with the story of Callahan and the Calla, but it didn't do much for me as a reread. I felt the same with W&G. Any story line that has to do with Eddie and Roland and Jake and Susannah and Oy, I can't put the book down. I love the Ka-Tet. I love to read about them and eventhough I know the other characters are important to the story, I just don't enjoy reading about them over and over like I do with the others.

pathoftheturtle
04-27-2008, 06:52 PM
The Waste Lands
...I love them all though, and like to think of them as just one big book, though it is hard to do that, with the time gaps between the writing and publication of them and all.Yeah. I think about the reality as much as the fantasy, and both hinge around TWL.

Wuducynn
05-05-2008, 03:11 PM
I don't think of them as all one big book, but I do love them all, and they to me are all one big story.

ladysai
05-05-2008, 05:06 PM
(pathoftheturtle)
Yeah. I think about the reality as much as the fantasy, and both hinge around TWL.

This is sooo true for me, too!
The journey of the story's creation is a massive part of the whole DT experience for me.
I would think that anyone who loved Waste Lands after reading it when it was first published would say much the same thing. The waiting was was the hardest part
(heh, Tom Petty)
but, it was also the uncertainty of the story...would it get finished? Would the writer change and therefore change the story?
(people have been known to change as they age)
The whole experience of getting from the Waste Lands to Dark Tower IV publication dates was a quest in itself.
:)

glm
05-05-2008, 05:15 PM
Definately The Dark Tower 7.

Jean
05-05-2008, 10:21 PM
the more new members join us and vote, the more the results of this poll remind me of the picture we used to have at .net: W&G definitely winning... and alas, Wolves falling further and further behind

http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k291/mishemplushem/Facilitation/bear_sad.gif

Letti
05-05-2008, 10:23 PM
For my part I don't mind if my favourite doesn't get many votes. Moreover. :D

Jean
05-05-2008, 10:32 PM
no, but still, still... I've just looked at what The Waste Land is getting, and was rather shocked. I thought it was one indisputable masterpiece.

Letti
05-05-2008, 10:34 PM
Popular choices usually aren't the best. (of course I do think W&G is a marvellous book but it's not my favourite from the series)

MonteGss
05-06-2008, 12:47 AM
the more new members join us and vote, the more the results of this poll remind me of the picture we used to have at .net: W&G definitely winning... and alas, Wolves falling further and further behind

http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k291/mishemplushem/Facilitation/bear_sad.gif

I too, find this very disappointing Jean. :(

Letti
05-06-2008, 12:54 AM
But why? Are you disappointed or why? Why is it upsetting?

MonteGss
05-06-2008, 12:58 AM
Letti dear.....you must know how I feel already. :)

Wolves and Waste Lands are such phenomenal books and in my opinion are a lot better than Wizard. It is very surprising so many people seem to disagree.

Letti
05-06-2008, 01:11 AM
I know how your feel about the books but I don't really understand why you two find it sad. Since I finished the series, my favourite book is the last one and it doesn't have many votes at all, moreover just look at it. It has just 8 votes and one of them is mine. But I don't mind it at all. I feel it's an incredibly good but, it's deep complex and it doesn't know limits but if it doesn't get more votes I won't be upset.

Wuducynn
05-06-2008, 05:56 AM
Results of polls don't matter to me in the slightest. I love what I love and whether something is winning a popularity contest or not doesn't effect that.

Jean
05-06-2008, 11:25 AM
Results of polls don't matter to me in the slightest. I love what I love and whether something is winning a popularity contest or not doesn't effect that.
it goes without saying, doesn't it? I meant rather a different angle. I am surprized and not very happy that such a lot of my good friends feel so differently about something as really important as those books. It's not like one loves strawberry shake and another chocolate shake, it's something that is very closely connected to how one's mind and soul work, and yes, I'd rather my friends loved Wolves and TWL. It would be easier for us to understand each other, for one thing.

Wuducynn
05-06-2008, 11:31 AM
it goes without saying, doesn't it? I meant rather a different angle. I am surprized and not very happy that such a lot of my good friends feel so differently about something as really important as those books. It's not like one loves strawberry shake and another chocolate shake, it's something that is very closely connected to how one's mind and soul work, and yes, I'd rather my friends loved Wolves and TWL. It would be easier for us to understand each other, for one thing.

I wish it did go without saying, but for some it doesn't. I agree that the Dark Tower series is important and should be. I don't see having strong differences in opinions between books as that important for me. Monte doesn't like Wizard and Glass and I love it. You, Jean, don't like The Gunslinger, from what I remember. I love The Gunslinger...in fact I LOVE all the books, just DT 7 and Wolves a little more than the rest.

pathoftheturtle
05-06-2008, 11:38 AM
Popular choices usually aren't the best.Essentially true. Isn't that sad?

Really, though, it's not a matter of feeling sorry for ourselves. On one level, we feel sorry for those who don't get to share our feelings.

(pathoftheturtle)
Yeah. I think about the reality as much as the fantasy, and both hinge around TWL.

This is sooo true for me, too!
The whole experience of getting from the Waste Lands to Dark Tower IV publication dates was a quest in itself.
:):thumbsup: I recall distinctly the moment that I first saw W&G at the bookstore. If I'd had a slug horn... lol

Besides that, though, the blurry line of fantasy and reality is integral to tDT. The ending of tWL is a true apex of the series, yet Jake's French leave is even more key.

Letti
05-06-2008, 11:59 AM
It's a damn good and long series. All the books rock. That's why our opinions are different. They must be.
That's all (for me).

glm
05-06-2008, 03:06 PM
Damn, I can't believe how many people voted for SoS.

Wuducynn
05-06-2008, 03:27 PM

Yeah, stunning isn't it? I've met folk who consider it their favorite of the series, so they are out there.

glm
05-06-2008, 03:50 PM

Yeah, stunning isn't it? I've met folk who consider it their favorite of the series, so they are out there.

I don't really see how it can be somebodies favorite really. It just had too much action and not really any time to digest it. But they probably have their reasons why.

Wuducynn
05-06-2008, 03:54 PM
"Too much action" now there's a first. Since I love all the Dark Tower series as my favorite books, it could have been my favorite, because of so many things, but DT 7 is above it for so many reasons. I really have a hard time choosing to be honest. But DT 7 edges them all out.

glm
05-06-2008, 05:13 PM
"Too much action" now there's a first. Since I love all the Dark Tower series as my favorite books, it could have been my favorite, because of so many things, but DT 7 is above it for so many reasons. I really have a hard time choosing to be honest. But DT 7 edges them all out.

Didn't really mean "too much action" in that way. I just meant that it had a lot of action, but not a lot of digestion time. And I didn't really have any trouble choosing DT 7 as my favorite of the series. It's just great, and it really plays with your emotions.

John_and_Yoko
05-09-2008, 12:35 AM
I voted for Song of Susannah both because it is my current favorite (so far--I'm only 2/3 of the way through it), and because I noticed NO ONE has voted for it.... :(

My opinion may well change, but I figured I'd better vote first and give Volume VI a vote before such a thing happened....

Jean
05-09-2008, 12:46 AM
http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k291/mishemplushem/Facilitation/bear_thumb.gifhttp://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k291/mishemplushem/Facilitation/bear_thumb.gifhttp://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k291/mishemplushem/Facilitation/bear_thumb.gif

Letti
05-09-2008, 12:49 AM
Let us know if you change your mind, John.

ManOfWesternesse
05-09-2008, 12:54 AM
DT VII - The Dark Tower.

Wuducynn
05-09-2008, 05:35 AM
I voted for Song of Susannah both because it is my current favorite (so far--I'm only 2/3 of the way through it), and because I noticed NO ONE has voted for it.... :(

My opinion may well change, but I figured I'd better vote first and give Volume VI a vote before such a thing happened....

Well finally we've got a vote for SOS! :thumbsup:

John_and_Yoko
05-09-2008, 03:19 PM
Let us know if you change your mind, John.

Sure, I plan to, if it happens, but my vote stays where it is. :)

Wuducynn
05-09-2008, 03:20 PM
I love SOS. But I love all the Dark Tower books.

John_and_Yoko
05-09-2008, 03:25 PM
I love SOS. But I love all the Dark Tower books.

Me too. Right from the start, they've been my favorite Stephen King books. :)

Wuducynn
05-09-2008, 03:26 PM
I go a little beyond that, they're my favorite books. Period. :)

John_and_Yoko
05-09-2008, 03:29 PM

Amen to that. :) A true neverending story if ever there were one.

Seymour_Glass
05-09-2008, 03:57 PM
I finished Wolves of the Calla the other day. It was my favorite so far.

Wuducynn
05-09-2008, 03:59 PM
Quite a cliff-hanger ending hunh? :thumbsup:

Seymour_Glass
05-10-2008, 06:21 AM
Yeah. Good thing I had Song of Susannah sitting right next to me when I finished.

sarah
05-10-2008, 08:13 AM
Yes. I also like that Song starts off quick and keeps a good pace.

Wuducynn
05-10-2008, 08:15 AM
Yeah, Sarah has a good point. Song of Susannah is a very fast paced book. So much so that, I view it as the fastest paced book in the series. A lot happens that you might want to stop to digest.....if you can. :)

John_and_Yoko
05-10-2008, 12:34 PM

Amen to that. :) A true neverending story if ever there were one.

Okay, not trying to argue, but I'm not really sure I see why that's a spoiler....

*hasn't finished the series*

Wuducynn
05-10-2008, 02:25 PM
You just said you hadn't finished the series so you wouldn't know why its a spoiler. ;)

riknofx
05-31-2008, 10:49 PM
Yeah this is a day to day ? for me. The book that sold the story for me was the Drawing of the... but it was really cool to read seven cause all the years later and connections with other books open up and grab ya. I'm kinda in denial that it's done but still am waiting to hear about the next "three sisters" short or something. I will always love connecting the dots with the new books he does though. Sorry for babbling.... im new.... :shoot:

hoin1585
06-04-2008, 01:46 AM
I chose The Drawing of the Three .

Ves'Ka Gan
06-04-2008, 12:53 PM
Its a tough tie between the Drawing and the Wastelands. I picked the Wastelands because it's the first tiem we meet the Ka-Tet as a whole. It's where I start feeling like the DT books are more than books and the characters are more than words on paper.

fernandito
06-04-2008, 01:00 PM
Damn, W&G is kicking ass and taking names.

The Lady of Shadows
06-05-2008, 05:11 PM
well, at least i'm winning this poll. :)

i'm rereading w&g right now. god i love that book! :excited:

Jean
06-06-2008, 01:42 AM
Its a tough tie between the Drawing and the Wastelands.
it is. That's just another reason why I finally picked Wolves.

Duck
06-19-2008, 04:46 PM
I went for Wolves of the Calla, although it was a tough decision. But just loved that whole story Roland dancing the Commalla, Andy, the Wolves, the Orizas, and you find out so much more about the tower and how it all works in this book, after the deviation of Wizard and Glass.

The Lady of Shadows
06-20-2008, 03:21 PM
well, i'm rereading the whole series as you know. i'm 2/3 of the way through The Dark Tower now and wishing i could change my vote.

i'm crying through this whole book and just. . . .

damn.

that's all i have to say.

MonteGss
06-20-2008, 08:46 PM
108 voters in this thread. 38 in the fight scene thread.
Unbelievable.
:rolleyes: :lol:

So many for the weakest book too. ;)

Letti
06-21-2008, 12:29 AM
It's an old ooold thread. :)

MonteGss
06-21-2008, 07:16 AM
Yes Letti....you have proved my point and I say thankya! :D

The Lady of Shadows
06-21-2008, 11:15 AM
108 voters in this thread. 38 in the fight scene thread.
Unbelievable.
:rolleyes: :lol:

So many for the weakest book too. ;)

you know, if i wasn't seriously considering changing my vote i might take offense at that there riposte! :lol: :shoot: :lol:

MonteGss
06-21-2008, 11:38 AM
I call it like I see it, my dear. :)
Wolves #1. :cool:

The Lady of Shadows
06-21-2008, 11:43 AM
oh. well. that explains everything!

but that's okay, i still think you're special. in a little yellow bus kind of way. :fairy:

MonteGss
06-21-2008, 11:59 AM