PDA

View Full Version : Point and Click Adventures

B Rag
08-15-2008, 09:38 AM
This is a thread devoted to those fun and captivating point-and-click adventure games! They aren't as popular as they once were, but there are still a number of great ones being made that can be downloaded online.

One of my absolute favorite games is Maniac Mansion. In it, the mad Dr. Fred Edison is being controlled by an evil, slimey, purple meteor, which is bent on world domination. He's kidnapped a teenage girl named Sandy, and it's up to her boyfriend, Dave, and two of his friends to save her. However, they have to make their way through a mansion full of bizarre inhabitants to find their way into the secret lab. There are multiple endings, depending on what you do.

Rjeso
08-15-2008, 10:06 AM
My favorite was always Broderbund's game Koala Lumpur:Journey to the Edge. Worth checking out if you like puzzle and logic games. :) It's been years since I've played, though - it might be easier to figure out than I remember it being...

B Rag
08-15-2008, 10:47 AM
I don't think I've ever heard of that one. I wonder if it's available for download anywhere?

razz
08-15-2008, 12:27 PM
Attack of the Graske. tachnically i guess it's one of them.

Heather19
08-15-2008, 03:44 PM
Is Maniac Mansion and old one? I vaguely remember playing a game that sounds similar to that when I was younger. Is it available online somewhere?

B Rag
08-15-2008, 04:39 PM
Yeah, it's pretty old - late 80's, I believe. I first played it on an old computer that someone gave us. (Really old, it didn't even have color!)
It's hard to find the original one, but Maniac Mansion Deluxe is a very close remake. You should be able to find it online.

B Rag
08-15-2008, 07:18 PM
:P I just started a new game of Maniac Mansion and beat it... it was sweet.

Unfound One
08-15-2008, 11:05 PM
Myst and Riven.
I used to absolutely LOVE these games!

LadyHitchhiker
08-16-2008, 03:26 AM
I love

Quest for glory
sam and max
space quest
starship titanic

and many more..

I LOVE POINT AND CLICK!!!!!

B Rag
08-16-2008, 05:33 AM
:wub: Is there anything I love that you don't?

Heather19
08-16-2008, 05:43 AM
Yeah, it's pretty old - late 80's, I believe. I first played it on an old computer that someone gave us. (Really old, it didn't even have color!)
It's hard to find the original one, but Maniac Mansion Deluxe is a very close remake. You should be able to find it online.

Thanks, I found it. That really brings back memories. I remember playing that game all the time when I was little.

LadyHitchhiker
08-17-2008, 06:35 AM
:wub: Is there anything I love that you don't?

Let's hope not... :huglove:

LadyHitchhiker
08-17-2008, 06:36 AM
My brother would love Invader Zim to be made into a point and click adventure...

B Rag
08-17-2008, 07:46 PM
I bet that would be pretty cool. Unfortunately, though, I "missed" Invader Zim - I didn't have cable when it was on.

Say, isn't there some kind of RHPS adventure game?

CPU
08-18-2008, 04:37 AM
I played just about all of the Sierra adventures back in the 80's and early 90's. Loved them!

Recently the wife and I have played through Siberia (1 & 2), as well as Dracula:Origin - which is awesome by the way, just last week. There's been something of a resurgence of point-and-click adventures over the last couple of years, but they don't have nearly the market share they used to.

We're really looking foward to Dracula 3: Path of the Dragon (http://www.microids.com/en/catalogue/50/dracula-3-the-path-of-the-dragon.html) which releases next week.

cru
11-12-2008, 08:58 PM
i love flash games and free online games. i waste most of my work day on some of these. awesome, right?
if anybody has any faves, the link should definitely be posted here.

the new one ive been hooked on:
riff master2 from shockwave (http://www.shockwave.com/gamelanding/riffmaster2.jsp) pretty much guitar hero on your keyboard..

enjoy!:excited:

SigTauGimp
11-12-2008, 09:12 PM
http://www.isketch.net It's basically like online Pictionary...I've been hooked on this since 2002. It's a very friendly atmosphere, and pretty easy to get the hang of. If anyone ever decides to try it out, look me up...the name is SigTauGimp. :excited:

And damn it, cru...I had just decided to retire from the GH games, and now I'm sucked right back in. :beat:

Heather19
11-19-2008, 05:35 PM
I used to play isketch all the time. Pictionary is one of my favorite games.
One of my new favs is filler. Quite addicting. http://www.freearcade.com/Filler.flash/Filler.html

Fall of Gilead
11-19-2008, 09:47 PM
My absolute faves were on the NES. Shadowgate, The Uninvited, and Deja Vu.