PDA

View Full Version : Anniversary Ideas--Matt and Dora's 10th

Matt
07-24-2008, 07:03 AM
Hey everyone--we're looking for ideas.

We're celebrating our 10th wedding anniversary on 8/9/08. We're looking for ideas on what to do. So throw anything you have out here.

Couple of things to remember:

We have about 800.00 to blow
We live in rural Colorado
We want to be alone
We're already going to Vegas in October
Our house is already a mountain lodge with a fireplace

Its hard for sure.

The most popular idea we have right now is buying a Wii and getting drunk at the house alone. :lol:

CPU
07-24-2008, 07:19 AM
I recommend naked frolicking, lot's of naked frolicking.
Here's why:

It's free (except for the "accessories" :drool:)
You don't have to leave the house.
The two of you will be alone (unless you don't want to be :ninja:)

Matt
07-24-2008, 07:23 AM
Yep, naked Wii is top of the list right now. :lol:

Ricky
07-24-2008, 07:25 AM
We're celebrating our 10th wedding anniversary on 8/9/08. We're looking for ideas on what to do.

Couple of things to remember:

We have about 800.00 to blow

I say you buy a nice S/L Stephen King book and you and Dora can take turns looking at it. Sounds perfect to me!

Matt
07-24-2008, 07:28 AM
Dora would LOVE that. :lol:

Ricky
07-24-2008, 07:29 AM
I know, that's why I suggested it. I already asked Dora and she's like, OMG I would totally like, love that! :rofl:

Matt
07-24-2008, 07:39 AM
It sounds very romantic for sure. :rolleyes:

Mr. Rabbit Trick
07-24-2008, 07:43 AM
Whatever you decide on, make sure its you and dora alone. No kids or grand kids.

Its time to remind yourselves you are a couple, not just mum and dad.

Congratulations to you both.

Brice
07-24-2008, 07:47 AM
The most popular idea we have right now is buying a Wii and getting drunk at the house alone. :lol:

...but...but, we were ALL gonna' come over to help y'all celebrate. :(

Yep, naked Wii is top of the list right now. :lol:

...and this just furthur solidifies the idea.

Matt
07-24-2008, 07:49 AM
Whatever you decide on, make sure its you and dora alone. No kids or grand kids.

Its time to remind yourselves you are a couple, not just mum and dad.

Congratulations to you both.

Thanks man, its a wonderful thing for us.

That's why its so hard to figure out something. I was going to fly her to San Diego and go to Sea World but that includes...people. :beat:

And would have been a little more than 800.00 :lol:

Brice
07-24-2008, 07:51 AM
So just save the money for something y'all want and savor the alone with the other 1,769 of us time at home. :D

Matt
07-24-2008, 07:52 AM
That's exactly what I was thinking. The rough part is making it fun for Dora.

I would be cool with laying on the couch and watching Deadliest Catch all day. :lol:

I'm kidding about that but I want to make sure its not another "stay at home" day because we do that all the time.

Brice
07-24-2008, 07:53 AM
That's exactly what I was thinking. The rough part is making it fun for Dora.

I would be cool with laying on the couch and watching Deadliest Catch all day. :lol:

I'm kidding about that but I want to make sure its not another "stay at home" day because we do that all the time.

You didn't click on the spoiler, did you? :unsure:

Matt
07-24-2008, 08:07 AM
I didn't...but that would be one hell of a party. :rock:

alinda
07-24-2008, 09:07 AM
Yeah ! Party @ Matt & Dora's !!! j/k
Congratulations you two :D

http://www.theempress.com/ecards/postcard-anniversary.jpg
Whatever you decide to do, I hope it's wonderful> Y'all deserve some pampering!

Tiffany
07-24-2008, 09:32 AM
Happy (early) Anniversary!

I don't really have any fantastic ideas for you, I'm sorry to say. Ever tried body paints? Head candy?

Google "intimate head candy." It's a bit racy...maybe NSFW. Any concerts going on in your area?

Why NOT buy a S/L Stephen King book, read to her a little bit and then....you know.

Matt
07-24-2008, 09:42 AM
Hmmm...that's a damn good idea. Something erotic at the house. :orely:

Thanks Tiff :wub:

Tiffany
07-24-2008, 09:45 AM
It might not be anything too different for you. I know y'all are still crazy in love and when you remain crazy in love, it's apt to make you adventurous.

Anyway, those candy things are pretty spectacular. Seriously. And I love when I can talk my fella into reading to me. It doesn't take long before I'm throwing the book across the room and then....well, you know. :nana:

The Lady of Shadows
07-24-2008, 11:05 PM
interesting how tiffany put that horny little nana in there. . . :lol:

well, i'm not sure about the whole colorado thing. i was going to suggest a nice weekend at the overlook but, well, that might not be such a good idea. :scared:

so. how bout this instead:

++the traditional 10th anniversary gift is tin or aluminum (which is supposed to represent how a successful marriage needs to be flexible and durable and how it can be bent without being broken).
++modern is diamonds (no explanation needed here).
++the gemstone is diamond or blue sapphire.
++the color is silver or blue.
++the flower is daffodil (representing joy, cheerfulness, and happiness).

so. you plan to stay at home. unplug the phone (you have a cell for emergencies, right?). plan a picnic for her at your favorite spot in the area (or in your living room if it's too hot or raining or whatever). you can get all the foods at a local shop or something if you don't want to prepare them yourself but make sure they are all good and romantical (yes, that is a word). strawberries, chocolate, champagne, brie (however it's spelled), whatever.

take that money and buy her a diamond and/or blue sapphire ring or bracelet or necklace. make sure it's in a wonderful box with a bow and everything. then put that box in another box. and wrap that box in tinfoil (also known as aluminium foil). be sure in the card you explain the significance of the aluminium foil or she'll think you've lost it. which, let's face it you probably have but that's neither here nor there. :)

then if you have money leftover buy her two dozen daffodils (they should still be in season) and buy the two of you a really nice daffodil print for your living room.

take everything with you to the picnic. let her unwrap it all there.

then go home and spend the rest of the time in bed.

:fairy:

Matt
07-25-2008, 01:05 PM
Wonderful suggestions, thanks so much turtle. :couple:

After much deliberation, we are going to go to the Chipeta Sun Lodge and Spa (http://chipeta.com/) in beautiful Ridgeway Colorado.

We got the Summer Romance package which includes a massage, tub in the room and dinner. Can't wait!!

I'll send this thread off to the clearing soon. Thanks everyone, you were all a huge help.

The Lady of Shadows
07-27-2008, 09:17 PM
oooooooooooh.

a tub in the room. sounds nice. :rose:

and just for fun -------> :nana:

Mr. Rabbit Trick
07-27-2008, 11:55 PM
Sounds great Matt. Enjoy.

Matt
07-28-2008, 12:17 PM
Thanks you guys, off to the clearing this goes.