PDA

View Full Version : Your New Pride and Joy!

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130

gsvec
01-07-2009, 06:54 PM
I used to see all of the Underwood/Miller books (both first eds and limiteds) on eBay quite frequently, but I don't remember any recent auctions.

herbertwest
01-08-2009, 04:02 AM
french poster of Children of the corn

when the movie was broadcasted in theaters, it was called HORROR KID (lol)
I dont collect poster, but this is the first i've seen, and was cheap so...

http://i10.ebayimg.com/01/i/001/26/6a/bc31_1.JPG

french male magazine with the monkey. This is the first part of the story, but apparently the second part have never been published...
I had a copy but not in great shape...

http://herbertwest1.free.fr/anthos/anthos/absous_24.htm

2 copies of "cracked monster party 25" with a spoof of the stand

http://herbertwest1.free.fr/BDs/1994%20-%20cracked%20monster%20-%20blow%20up%20the%20stand/cover.jpg

turtlex
01-08-2009, 04:22 AM
Does that ARC still have some argentinian dust inside? ;) I remember that someone told me that it was for a friend when I sent it, so maybe is that one :)

awe. now i'm going to cry some more. :: sniffles::

Don't cry for me, Argentina.

Sorry, had to be done.

wizardsrainbow
01-08-2009, 04:30 AM
Herbert-

I felt the need to edit out your image of the men's magazine. While I have no problem with it personally, it is site policy to not post pictures showing "private parts." (I know, insecure Americans). In addition, we have minors on the site, so that is why I editited the image.

Ari_Racing
01-08-2009, 04:37 AM
Don't cry for me, Argentina.

Sorry, had to be done.

LOL. I think I heard that here sometimes .... :P

herbertwest
01-08-2009, 05:14 AM
Herbert-

I felt the need to edit out your image of the men's magazine. While I have no problem with it personally, it is site policy to not post pictures showing "private parts." (I know, insecure Americans). In addition, we have minors on the site, so that is why I editited the image.

I didnt even think about it. My mistake

turtlex
01-08-2009, 03:15 PM
I don't have my digital camera handy, but I just got a slipcase for the The Gunslinger that I ordered from StephenKingCollector.com and I must say - it is just very cool and makes my third printing look even more awesome than it already is.

Sam
01-08-2009, 03:33 PM
You don't have the slipcover The Gunslinger came in?

bast_imret
01-08-2009, 04:12 PM
Do those slipcovers from thecollector fit the books with a brodart cover on, or do they have to be naked?

at_one
01-08-2009, 04:16 PM
Do those slipcovers from thecollector fit the books with a brodart cover on, or do they have to be naked?

Mine fit fine with brodart on....

turtlex
01-08-2009, 04:23 PM
You don't have the slipcover The Gunslinger came in?

I got the third printing of Gunslinger from Betts this past summer and it didn't come with a slipcase.

It fits just beautifully with the Brodart cover on it.

Mine too, it's very cool.

I'll take a picture as soon as I can.

Patrick
01-08-2009, 04:43 PM
Just chiming in that, yes, Tomas (The Collector) makes his slipcases with dustjacket protectors in mind, and that he really does do nice work.

herbertwest, congrats on your recent purchases.

turtlex
01-08-2009, 05:05 PM
For sure I am darned impressed with my little slipcase...

... being the newbie collector that I am, I didn't consider that the slipcase might NOT fit with the bookcover! Duh.

Big thumbs up from me!

carlosdetweiller
01-09-2009, 04:55 AM
I might have something pretty cool on the way. A deal is in the works. Stay tuned.

jhanic
01-09-2009, 05:21 AM
Bob, I wish you'd quit teasing us! The things you manage to obtain are always so fantastic! Now we'll all be eagerly waiting!

John

Mr. Rabbit Trick
01-09-2009, 05:56 AM
That's all our weekend plans out the window. We cannot go anywhere until Bob has revealed his latest grab! :(

wizardsrainbow
01-09-2009, 05:56 AM
I might have something pretty cool on the way. A deal is in the works. Stay tuned.

Like John said, if YOU think its cool, the rest of us will be knocked out cold. Keeping my fingers crossed for you. Let us know when you can.

Gris
01-09-2009, 06:37 AM
Not spectacular, but I never knew they came in hard cover to begin with, so YAY!

http://i2.ebayimg.com/03/i/001/28/e9/aca7_1.JPG

The Auction. (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&item=290287468522)

carlosdetweiller
01-09-2009, 06:38 AM
That's all our weekend plans out the window. We cannot go anywhere until Bob has revealed his latest grab! :(

Please feel free to resume weekend activities. It'll be at least a week before I get it. Still a few details to work out.

Pasiuk57
01-09-2009, 06:49 AM
Bob
a hint?
Proof?
Rare Edition?
Artwork?
Manuscript?

e_taylor
01-09-2009, 06:52 AM
Bob
a hint?
Proof?
Rare Edition?
Artwork?
Manuscript?

King in a cage? So you can force him to write what you want when you want and automatically have the original manuscript in your collection?? My guess is he pissed off Tabby!

herbertwest
01-09-2009, 07:20 AM
Cant wait to know what it is!

carlosdetweiller
01-09-2009, 07:24 AM
Bob
a hint?
Proof?
Rare Edition?
Artwork?
Manuscript?

Think "motorcycle edition of Skeleton Crew" and you'll be in the ballpark.

Patrick
01-10-2009, 12:25 AM
Bob
a hint?
Proof?
Rare Edition?
Artwork?
Manuscript?

Think "motorcycle edition of Skeleton Crew" and you'll be in the ballpark.

In the ballpark? So not that book, but something on par with it? Impressive.

Robert Jackson wants a unique King item put on the bibliographical record, "Here is the information on the 'motorcycle edition' or Conner's [the publisher's] 'personal check copy' of the Scream/Press Skeleton Crew:

KING, STEPHEN. Skeleton Crew. Scream/Press, [Santa Cruz]. 1985. Small folio. Bound in full black Morocco (goat skin) with silver stamping on the spine and front cover. With a tipped-in leaf in the back of the book with a holograph inscription by Jeff Connor which reads, 'This is Jeff Connor's personal check copy. One signature was reprinted and the poster reprinted as well. This is a one of one edition, hand bound in goat skin in Santa Cruz for promotional use. Jeff Connor publisher.' With an inscription by King which reads, 'For ______ owner of the world's only known "motorcycle edition" of Skeleton Crew. Stephen King 3/22/86.' "

Mr. Jackson goes on to say, "I don't know which of the signatures was later reprinted or why. I think the laid-in poster had to be reprinted because this one has the artist's name as 'I. K. Potter' [should read 'J.K. Potter']. I don't think it originally had a slipcase. The one currently in use is the same as [the slipcase for] the numbered version and is a little too large."

Our thanks to Mr. Jackson for adding, for the record, one more state to the growing number of states discovered for the Scream/Press edition of Skeleton Crew.

Nerak
01-10-2009, 06:02 AM
So, Bob, any more hints???

carlosdetweiller
01-10-2009, 05:43 PM
So, Bob, any more hints???

No. Only that it is one of a kind. But I'll post pics and a description as soon as I get it. Maybe by the end of next week.

Nerak
01-10-2009, 06:01 PM
meany

bast_imret
01-10-2009, 11:29 PM
can't wait to see it, Bob!

Patrick
01-11-2009, 02:13 AM
Who owns the prototype of The Regulators? Wasn't it one of a kind because of the number of bullets protruding through the box? Wasn't it in Gunkslinger's collection way back when (before he sold his King books)? My memory fades.

Brice
01-11-2009, 03:10 AM
Yes, I believe Mike had the 3 bullet prototype.

Gunkslinger
01-11-2009, 03:58 AM
Yes, I believe Mike had the 3 bullet prototype.

Yes, I had one of them, I do know who has the prototype now.

wizardsrainbow
01-11-2009, 04:32 AM
I know not with the Lettered prototype, but I own the S/L prototype (1 of 1)

http://www.thedarktower.org/gallery/data/519/medium/Regulators_Prototype_001.jpg

carlosdetweiller
01-11-2009, 06:18 AM
Who owns the prototype of The Regulators? Wasn't it one of a kind because of the number of bullets protruding through the box? Wasn't it in Gunkslinger's collection way back when (before he sold his King books)? My memory fades.

Your memory is good. The lettered prototype has three bullets rather than the four bullets in the finished edition. I bought it from Mike when he sold his King books.

But this isn't the new acquisition. I don't believe anyone has seen or heard of this one before. Hearing of its existence was certainly news to me.

To revisit, here are pictures (front and back) of the "three bullet prototype" alongside the "common" four bullet edition.

http://i204.photobucket.com/albums/bb54/carlosdetweiller/regulatorsletteredandprototype1.jpg

http://i204.photobucket.com/albums/bb54/carlosdetweiller/regulatorsletteredandprototype2.jpg

Gunkslinger
01-11-2009, 08:54 AM
This is one of the King books I miss.

The zippered Skeleton Crews.
The lettered Regulators.
The lettered Firestarter.
Salem's Lot deluxe #1.

At least it went to a good home.:thumbsup:

Patrick
01-11-2009, 01:27 PM
Thanks for the comments and for posting those photos, Bob. I never get tired of looking at the Lettered edition of The Regulators. I especially like the 4-bullet final design. I like that they moved the title to the side of the box as well.

Speaking of The Regulators, I had forgotten that Wiz owns the prototype of the S/L. Sweet!

... But this isn't the new acquisition. I don't believe anyone has seen or heard of this one before. Hearing of its existence was certainly news to me...
:excited:

e_taylor
01-11-2009, 02:18 PM
Heres my meager and unimpressive new pride and joy. I'm only mildly proud of it as I threw it together myself.

I was looking for a way to store my DT comics properly.

I was thinking a simple comic box, as such:
http://i41.tinypic.com/rvy4br.jpg
But, for some reason none of the comic stores in town sell them and online the shipping was a rip off ($15 minimum for a GD box).

So I decided to spend a little more and get a nice archival one offered from Brodart, as such:
http://i40.tinypic.com/106znu0.jpg
BUT, the measurements given from Brodart are the outside, not inside ones. So my comics didn't quite fit.

Then while I was at work it hit me. Use a crappy "photo box" that no one wants anyways! And sure enough it turned out great:

http://i42.tinypic.com/4ugs3r.jpg

http://i40.tinypic.com/2u59y68.jpg

Bagged and boarded they fit snuggly in, and by my estimation I'll be able to fit the whole DT comic franchise + extras just fine. Now they are less of an eye sore on the shelf too!

Patrick
01-11-2009, 02:36 PM
Looks good, Eric. I have a few of those standard cardboard comic storage boxes myself, but I was able to find them locally. My signed (Jae Lee and Joe Hill) comics (bagged and boarded, of course) I keep in a cardboard magazine holder that fits on the shelf. It's unimpressive but you can't see much of it anyway, and it only cost $3 at Staples.

gsvec
01-11-2009, 02:44 PM
I have some of the standard comic boxes, too, but I also bought fabric to cover them and make them a little more presentable! I also got some framed label holder things for the end so I can list what's in each of them. Once I get them covered (unfortunately not high on my 'to do' list right now!), I'll post some pics.

e_taylor
01-11-2009, 02:46 PM
Looks good, Eric. I have a few of those standard cardboard comic storage boxes myself, but I was able to find them locally. My signed (Jae Lee and Joe Hill) comics (bagged and boarded, of course) I keep in a cardboard magazine holder that fits on the shelf. It's unimpressive but you can't see much of it anyway, and it only cost $3 at Staples.

Thanks Patrick. To be honest, the comics aren't even overly important to me. I've got the hard covers with my DT books, and I'll get the hard covers of the Stand and any others - but I'm only getting the individual issues as reading/reference copies - and at this point only because I'm halfway there! But, I still wanted a nice way to store them.

mae
01-11-2009, 06:58 PM

I have the Grant slipccases, will they hold the books with Brodarts on? I somehow doubt it and I haven't gotten around to Brodarting them yet, saving them for last since they're still protected in the cases.

Patrick
01-11-2009, 07:37 PM

Mine fit fine with Brodart on....
I have the Grant slipcases, will they hold the books with Brodarts on? I somehow doubt it and I haven't gotten around to Brodarting them yet, saving them for last since they're still protected in the cases.
Are you talking about the DT books? Then, yes.

turtlex
01-12-2009, 03:44 AM
Eric - sweet idea with the photo box and all for your comics. I have mine in comic short-boxes and my CGC's are in specially sized boxes just for CGC that I get from bagsunlimited. My local comic shop has really been letting me down lately with not having supplies ( bags and boards and boxes ) in stock.

And carlos...those books with the bullets - incredibly cool !

herbertwest
01-12-2009, 07:46 AM
recieved an empty slipcase for the french DT comics :-)

Randall Flagg
01-12-2009, 11:04 AM
Received my Joe Hill Gunpowder books from PS Publishing. One S/L, one trade.

The Lady of Shadows
01-12-2009, 01:11 PM
my new pride and joy: the hungarian edition of 'salem's lot from ves'ka gan.
i'm really starting to get into these foreign editions. now i have the russian bag of bones and rose madder and the hungarian 'salems' lot. and god DAMN are they beautiful!

thanks ves! :couple:

Patrick
01-12-2009, 09:09 PM
Congrats, HW, T/S and RF.

Jerome, you might mention your receipt of the books and the s/l # in the Hill thread, if you are so inclined.

Randall Flagg
01-13-2009, 07:48 AM

Your memory is good. The lettered prototype has three bullets rather than the four bullets in the finished edition. I bought it from Mike when he sold his King books.

But this isn't the new acquisition. I don't believe anyone has seen or heard of this one before. Hearing of its existence was certainly news to me.

To revisit, here are pictures (front and back) of the "three bullet prototype" alongside the "common" four bullet edition.

http://i204.photobucket.com/albums/bb54/carlosdetweiller/regulatorsletteredandprototype1.jpg

http://i204.photobucket.com/albums/bb54/carlosdetweiller/regulatorsletteredandprototype2.jpg
How many of these prototypes were done? If more than one, do they have different check notations?
Any info would be helpful as Bob has graciously agreed that I can put this in our Collectible Catalog.

Cutter
01-13-2009, 07:52 AM
Yea, I finally got a new King item!

The UK Collectors Edition of Just After Sunset. #14

You know, sometimes it's just cool to get a different book at a cheap price without the signature. It looks good on the shelf, it's different, and it didn't cost a lot.

Gris
01-13-2009, 08:35 AM
Yea, I finally got a new King item!

The UK Collectors Edition of Just After Sunset. #14

You know, sometimes it's just cool to get a different book at a cheap price without the signature. It looks good on the shelf, it's different, and it didn't cost a lot.

Agreed. I got 2 of them. I like the way they look. And yes, cheap for something that is different than the norm.

Mr. Rabbit Trick
01-13-2009, 08:36 AM

Couldn't agree more. Congrats G.

jhanic
01-13-2009, 08:55 AM
I also agree. I've got two, one I opened (#156) and the other I'm leaving in the shrinkwrap, mainly because of the sticker that's on the front.

John

carlosdetweiller
01-13-2009, 09:18 AM
How many of these prototypes were done? If more than one, do they have different check notations?

To my knowledge only one three bullet prototype was done. It was listed for years on Barry Levine's website and his description said it was a unique book.

wizardsrainbow
01-13-2009, 09:46 AM
And for the S/L prototype that I own, it says 1 of 1 on the check, so I'd say one of each.

jhanic
01-13-2009, 09:49 AM
David, does your prototype differ from Bob's?

John

wizardsrainbow
01-13-2009, 10:25 AM
David, does your prototype differ from Bob's?

John

Yes, Bob's is the Winchester bullet Lettered version. The S/L is the Toy Box version. Here is what the listing by Barry Levin said at the time I purchased the book:

New York: Dutton & Co.Inc., 1996. Hard Cover in Fine Slipcase (Our Top Grade)/Not Issued in Dust Jacket. Prototype for First American Edition, Numbered State. Signed by Author's Pseudonym. This copy is the very first copy made. It was put together by hand to see how the production-run copies would look. This copy is different from all the other copies in the following ways: The author's name on the spine of the book is slightly off-center to the left (corrected for the production run) and the illustration for the lid of the box was affixed with cold glue (the production run being done with hot glue) and thus has a slightly different look. The tipped-in check is designated "PC" (which is the rarest state of the checks). A holograph note at the top of the check reads, "PROTOTYPE BOOK AND BOX 1/1". The check is signed by King using his Richard Bachman pseudonym. (Since Bachman is supposed to have passed away, an "old signed check" has been tipped into this book to provide an autograph). The book's box is designed to look like a box for a new toy car or truck. Fine in box (not issued in dust jacket). This is a one-of-a-kind prototype.

jhanic
01-13-2009, 11:35 AM
Thanks. I guess I had forgotten there were prototypes of both editions.

John

wizardsrainbow
01-13-2009, 12:26 PM
Barry got a nice price from both me and Gunkslinger at the time. The Lettered prototype was listed at $10,000 (as I recall) and the S/L at $2,000.

Gunkslinger
01-13-2009, 03:36 PM
When I sold my lettered Firestarter I talked to the buyer on the phone, he was from Salt Lake City, he asked me what else I had left and I told him about the lettered prototype, and he replied "Oh so you have one of them" Seems to imply there was more than one.

carlosdetweiller
01-13-2009, 04:52 PM
When I sold my lettered Firestarter I talked to the buyer on the phone, he was from Salt Lake City, he asked me what else I had left and I told him about the lettered prototype, and he replied "Oh so you have one of them" Seems to imply there was more than one.

I just got confirmation from Joe Stefko of Charnel House that there was only one "3 bullet prototype."

Gunkslinger
01-14-2009, 04:25 AM

I just got confirmation from Joe Stefko of Charnel House that there was only one "3 bullet prototype."

Perhaps there is a different prototype? Or this individual was under the same false assumption/idea that was here?

carlosdetweiller
01-14-2009, 04:53 AM

Perhaps there is a different prototype? Or this individual was under the same false assumption/idea that was here?

I don't know. You could get the definitive answer from Joe. I thought that is what I did?

Gunkslinger
01-14-2009, 05:16 AM
I don't know. You could get the definitive answer from Joe. I thought that is what I did?

I'm not debating you Bob, I'm just musing that this individual may have gotten his information from this thread.

http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/showthread.php?t=1125

carlosdetweiller
01-14-2009, 05:34 AM

I'm not debating you Bob, I'm just musing that this individual may have gotten his information from this thread.

http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/showthread.php?t=1125

I didn't see anything on this link except Jerome's description of the lettered edition and some pictures I sent him of one of my copies. If there was discussion of prototypes I didn't see it.

Are you hypothesizing that Charnel House may have done a 2 bullet or a 5 bullet prototype? I guess I am confused.

Oh, now I see that Jerome says there are "at least two lettered prototypes." I don't know where that came from. Maybe we could ask Jerome to verify or clarify?

Gunkslinger
01-14-2009, 05:54 AM
Oh, now I see that Jerome says there are "at least two lettered prototypes." I don't know where that came from. Maybe we could ask Jerome to verify or clarify?

Yes, that is what I was referring to. Jerome any ideas?

Randall Flagg
01-14-2009, 07:43 AM
I think it is my mistake, and should read "One lettered and one S/L prototype are known to exist".

The Lady of Shadows
01-14-2009, 01:48 PM
okay totally busting into the conversation here but as promised here are the pictures of my previous acquisitions. AND :excited: i got my first ever signed stephen king book today. because of the generosity of tippy4 i was able to make payments on it and i picked it up today. so here goes:

russian edition of bag of bones

http://i278.photobucket.com/albums/kk95/turtlesong/russian-bagofbones.jpg

russian edition of rose madder

http://i278.photobucket.com/albums/kk95/turtlesong/russian-rosemadder.jpg

hungarian edition of 'salem's lot (gift from ves'ka gan, my ka-sister)

http://i278.photobucket.com/albums/kk95/turtlesong/hungarian-salemslot.jpg

u.s. edition of bag of bones - SIGNED :excited: (and with a nifty dustjacket cover at no additional charge i might add!)

http://i278.photobucket.com/albums/kk95/turtlesong/us-bagofbonessigned.jpg

signature page

http://i278.photobucket.com/albums/kk95/turtlesong/us-bagofbonessignature.jpg

closeup of signature page

http://i278.photobucket.com/albums/kk95/turtlesong/us-bagofbonessignaturecloseup.jpg

yeah i know this is a long ass post and i'm a freak but OH MY GOD. my first ever signed stephen king book. and it's one of my favorite books ever!!!!!!! :excited: and i have it. :dance: right there on my book shelf beside the ARC and the 10th anniversary edition.

http://i278.photobucket.com/albums/kk95/turtlesong/smilies/faint.gif

turtlex
01-14-2009, 01:51 PM
turtlesong - WAY AWESOME !! Congratulations !!!!!!!

herbertwest
01-14-2009, 02:24 PM
really nice and unusual items, congrats!

Sam
01-14-2009, 03:32 PM
TRES COOL turtlesong!!!!! Tres Cool.

Chooch
01-14-2009, 03:39 PM
Look out ....turtlesong is totally hooked now :panic:

Congratulations on the very nice aquirments...

gsvec
01-14-2009, 03:52 PM
WTG turtlesong and a big :clap: to tippy for helping make it happen! I love this damned site. :wub:

jhanic
01-14-2009, 04:05 PM
Very nice, turtlesong! Congratulations!

John

e_taylor
01-14-2009, 06:50 PM
Congrats on the first of what will hopefully be many signed King books!

bast_imret
01-14-2009, 07:54 PM
Had a little present waiting for me on my doorstep today! My 2nd Edition Gunslinger (don't have a 1st . . . yet) signed and sketchy-doodled by Michael Whelan :dance:

http://www.thedarktower.org/gallery/data/500/IMG_7321.JPG

Close up of the sketchy-doodle. "Ka is a circle..."

http://www.thedarktower.org/gallery/data/500/IMG_7322.JPG

Chooch
01-14-2009, 07:57 PM
Sweeeet...Congrats!

e_taylor
01-14-2009, 07:58 PM
Had a little present waiting for me on my doorstep today! My 2nd Edition Gunslinger (don't have a 1st . . . yet) signed and sketchy-doodled by Michael Whelan :dance:

http://www.thedarktower.org/gallery/data/500/IMG_7321.JPG

Close up of the sketchy-doodle. "Ka is a circle..."

http://www.thedarktower.org/gallery/data/500/IMG_7322.JPG

Very nice! I'm looking forward to a similar surprise soon!

bast_imret
01-14-2009, 08:02 PM
Very nice! I'm looking forward to a similar surprise soon!

Oooo! Can't wait to see what it is! :drool:

gsvec
01-14-2009, 08:24 PM
Very very nice! And I love that it's in gold - tres cool. :thumbsup:

Fsmdr
01-14-2009, 08:27 PM
Very nice!. That is really cool. I'm jealous.

Patrick
01-15-2009, 12:43 AM
Congrats, turtlesong and bast!

turtlesong, who is the Dave that were you thanking?

bast, love that sketchy-doodle!

turtlex
01-15-2009, 01:49 AM
bast - Waaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyy cool !! Congrats on that !!!!!

jhanic
01-15-2009, 05:09 AM
Very nice, Bast!

John

carlosdetweiller
01-15-2009, 05:21 AM

That is REALLY nice. Congratulations. I think that is the largest "Ka is a circle" design I have seen him do.

Gris
01-15-2009, 06:31 AM
That's awesome

blg
01-15-2009, 07:40 AM
Very nice, congrats.

Cutter
01-15-2009, 08:30 AM
Nice bast, congrats!

Nerak
01-15-2009, 09:03 AM
http://img502.imageshack.us/img502/1551/sdc10746wh7.jpg (http://imageshack.us)
I wanted 2121, cause 21 is my number, and opened it to this!!!!
Guess it really is my number!

http://img178.imageshack.us/img178/849/sdc10750lp1.jpg
And a present from the Boss

Room 217 Caretaker
01-15-2009, 09:05 AM

Very cool. One of the GOLDEN TICKETS

:rock: I'm still dreaming of owning one of those.

Mulleins
Cumberland VA

Ari_Racing
01-15-2009, 09:13 AM
Congratulations!!!

So there 38 in 3998 copies? :P

Ari_Racing
01-15-2009, 09:14 AM
Wiz?

;)

turtlex
01-15-2009, 09:42 AM
Karen - Awesome !! Just .... Awesome !

CRinVA
01-15-2009, 09:49 AM
My newest acquisition just arrived like ten minutes ago - I just happen to be working from home today!

http://www.thedarktower.org/gallery/data/500/medium/LSOE_Large_.JPG

No Golden Tickets for me :arg: but I am now the proud owner of #1512 and #1513!

Looks good with my other DT books huh!

turtlex
01-15-2009, 09:51 AM
Looks VERY good. Congrats !

Ari_Racing
01-15-2009, 09:51 AM
Congratulations, Bob! :)

It looks great!

The Lady of Shadows
01-15-2009, 09:57 AM
bast, nerak and crinva congrats to you three. i'm filled with jealousy. no really, those are some awesome additions to your collections. :)

wizardsrainbow
01-15-2009, 10:01 AM
Wiz?

;)

My 7 copies have not even been shipped, yet. I'm kinda down about my chances...the odds are pretty bad.

turtlex
01-15-2009, 10:03 AM
Wiz - Don't you have the same chances as anyone? I mean, they mixed up the remarqued copies in with the others, so I'd say you need to think positive, mister!

Ari_Racing
01-15-2009, 10:08 AM
Wiz, I would bid you'll get one at least. You're the one that probably wants those remarques the most (I'd LOVE to get one, but I saw your collection of remarqued ones and well..numbers speak). :)
Good luck!

jhanic
01-15-2009, 10:09 AM
Congratulations, Karen!! That's great!

Bob, congratulations on yours too.

Since I've ordered a deluxe in addition to two AEs, I know I have a while to go yet.

John

Nerak
01-15-2009, 10:52 AM
I was very happily surprised by the gift. The boss is very nice.

I would love to say I hope you all get one, but since there is now only 27 left. The odds are getting lower. :(

wizardsrainbow
01-15-2009, 10:53 AM
Karen-

AWESOME! Just awesome. I love them, especially the crow. As some of you know, I own the DT VII Whelan remarque that has 4 crows sitting in a tree with a pocket watch hanging from a limb. I pleaded with the former owner of that remarque (a site member who now posts rarely) to sell it to me because my family crest on my mothers side has 4 crows on it. So, in a long-winded way, I'm telling you that I have a soft spot for crows.

And Bob, sorry, no Golden Ticket, but isn't it wonderful to finally have it in hand. What do you think of the artwork? I ADORE it, but then again, I kinda worship Michael's artwork. :drool:

And to those that offered me hope...THANKS, I needed that. You are right, I do have a chance, 7 of them actually!

Ari_Racing
01-15-2009, 10:54 AM
27 left

27? or 37? or 47? :(:(:orely:

By the way..can you take a larger pic? I would love to see the details! :)

carlosdetweiller
01-15-2009, 11:20 AM

Congratulations, Karen! So you have two books with a drawing in each? I'm not sure what the second book is. There is no number but a drawing of a crow? Is that a pc copy?

Nerak
01-15-2009, 11:21 AM
um, i can post a link to the site it's hosted on...

http://img90.imageshack.us/img90/4139/sdc10746je0.jpg

Ari_Racing
01-15-2009, 11:33 AM
SWEET!! THANKS!!

I WANT ONE!!! :(

bast_imret
01-15-2009, 12:23 PM
Wow, Karen! What a find! That number is definitely lucky for you.

Why 27 left though. Wiz said that Michael told him he did around 50 total.

Cloysterpete
01-15-2009, 01:01 PM
Here's Karen's, many thanks for posting these btw.

http://img90.imageshack.us/img90/4139/sdc10746je0.jpg

Nerak
01-15-2009, 01:34 PM
He said that he did 30, I thought he did....I am too lazy to go look...Wiz???

tippy4
01-15-2009, 01:45 PM
Last I heard it was 50ish.

Congrats Karen.

Two golden tickets for you.

I hate you.

p.s. I just sent Tomas from stephenkingcollector.com an email asking him if he is going to start a page on his site devoted to TLSOE remarques like he did with DT7....hope he does.

herbertwest
01-15-2009, 01:54 PM

wooow! Congrats Karen! Can we see bigger pictures? :excited:

And what is the present from the boss???

CRinVA
01-15-2009, 02:07 PM
Karen-

AWESOME! Just awesome. ....
And Bob, sorry, no Golden Ticket, but isn't it wonderful to finally have it in hand. What do you think of the artwork? I ADORE it, but then again, I kinda worship Michael's artwork. :drool:

And to those that offered me hope...THANKS, I needed that. You are right, I do have a chance, 7 of them actually!

Well to tell you the truth the artwork is simply amazing!

I must confess that I had other motives for purchasing two copies - I have three children in college right now and the 4th getting married. Money is tight to say the least. I was hoping beyond hope that I would get an awesome remarque and that I could use that copy and its increased value to purchase / bargain for another DT book. You see there are only two SK books that I do not have first editions and one in particular The Gunslinger I have wanted since I learned of its existence in the Pet Semetery First Ed HB. I just can't payout the going prices that I see for a First Gunslinger.

So, the wait / search continues and I will most likely sell on eof my AE editions. Not sure if I should hold on to it for a while or what - thinking about that now!

Anyway, David you have 7 shots at it - thats 3.5 times the chance that I had - I hope you get one of the golden tickets! :-)

Randall Flagg
01-15-2009, 02:14 PM
Anyway, David you have 7 shots at it - thats 3.5 times the chance that I had - I hope you get one of the golden tickets! :-)
Presuming there is no "cherry picking", and the drawings are "blindly" done before the books were numbered, each person that receives one has a 50/5,000 (roughly equals 1/1,00) chance of receiving a remarque.
Buying seven books gives one seven 1/000 chances.

bast_imret
01-15-2009, 02:20 PM
Here you go karen:

When I was with Michael and Audrey last weekend, I pressed again for more information on the remarques he did in some of the AE editions of LSOE. This information is as detailed as Michael can remember.

In total, he did close to 50 remarques.

About 30 of them were of the Man in Black and were actually painted into the books (photos again attached as an example).

Of the remaining 20 or so, some he did in pencil, some in pen and ink and a few in sepia ink. He did not say what images these other 20 were other than he did some skulls. No clue if he did any of the Little Sisters themselves or what. I can tell you (as I have seen the book and all the artwork) that his images of the Little Sisters are gruesome.

Nerak
01-15-2009, 03:35 PM
OOpsie, I knew there was a 30 involved in there somewhere! LOL Ok, so then there are 47 left.
I think Jay stands a good chance at getting one, since he's ordering 26 AEs! LOL

gsvec
01-15-2009, 04:08 PM
Huge congrats, Karen!! Like John, I know I have to wait since I ordered both, but I just can't wait!!

Sam
01-15-2009, 04:55 PM
Much congratulations Karen. Much congratulations indeed.

bast_imret
01-15-2009, 06:03 PM
So is Bob the only person to get his so far today?

Patrick
01-15-2009, 07:16 PM
Karen, congratulations on your two Whelan sketchy-doodled LSOEs. I'm very happy for you!

bast_imret
01-15-2009, 08:33 PM
Karen, congratulations on your two Whelan sketchy-doodled LSOEs. I'm very happy for you!

Yay, it's catching on :thumbsup:

Patrick
01-15-2009, 10:10 PM
;)

Gunkslinger
01-16-2009, 03:49 AM
Congrats Karen, very nice!

Ari_Racing
01-16-2009, 04:22 AM
Alright.

BOB, it's friday...any news about that new jewel you're going to receive?

carlosdetweiller
01-16-2009, 04:46 AM
Alright.

No. I'll check with the seller and see if he has shipped yet.

Gunkslinger
01-16-2009, 05:41 AM
Alright.

No. I'll check with the seller and see if he has shipped yet.

I don't even collect King anymore and I am intrigued.

tippy4
01-16-2009, 07:03 AM
Indeed!

I just received this...

http://img205.imageshack.us/img205/7157/f4131uj2.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

The seller was the same guy I got the FAITHFUL HAT (http://img125.imageshack.us/img125/4819/faithfulhatsj9.jpg) from.

Mr. Rabbit Trick
01-16-2009, 08:29 AM
Decided to start buying Lettered Editions. Just won this on eBay...

Skeleton Crew Lettered "C"

http://www.thedarktower.org/gallery/data/563/skel_let.jpg

Sam
01-16-2009, 08:34 AM
Damn nice dude.

jhanic
01-16-2009, 08:34 AM
Nice!!

John

Ari_Racing
01-16-2009, 09:15 AM
Very Nice!! Congratulations!

You can giveaway the S/L to me now! :D

blg
01-16-2009, 10:44 AM
These are two new additions that I'm very excited about. I've also decided I need to seek help for my addiction;)

The only 1st Ed. I was missing:

http://i719.photobucket.com/albums/ww198/billthree/carrie.jpg

I think this is a really cool book, #284:

http://i719.photobucket.com/albums/ww198/billthree/MoD.jpg

jhanic
01-16-2009, 11:07 AM
Congratulations, blg! Nice editions.

John

wizardsrainbow
01-16-2009, 11:13 AM
Decided to start buying Lettered Editions. Just won this on eBay...

Skeleton Crew Lettered "C"

http://www.thedarktower.org/gallery/data/563/skel_let.jpg

Nice book and I think you got a good price as well!

The Lady of Shadows
01-16-2009, 11:34 AM
*ahem*

step one - admit you are powerless and that your life has become unmanageable

step two - come to believe that a power greater than you can restore you to sanity

step three - make a decision to turn your will and life over to your higher power as you understand him/her

step four -

. . . .

wait a minute.

isn't stephen king god? so what's the problem?

:lol:

no offense to anyone in aa or any other 12 step program. please don't hang me up by my toes and steal my signed bag of bones. :panic:

oy-the-brave
01-16-2009, 03:31 PM
Here is my Wrightson painting framed, sorry it is so tough to get a decent pic without major reflections in the glass so the color is off on this one.

http://www.thedarktower.org/gallery/data/500/medium/wrightson1.jpg

oy-the-brave
01-16-2009, 03:33 PM
Here is the Bermejo cover with the preliminary drawing, it is neat to see the subtle changes between the preliminary and the finished cover.

http://www.thedarktower.org/gallery/data/500/medium/bermejo.jpg

carlosdetweiller
01-16-2009, 03:38 PM
Very nice additions to your art collection. I especially like the frame you chose for the Wrightson.

bast_imret
01-16-2009, 03:54 PM
Here is the Bermejo cover with the preliminary drawing, it is neat to see the subtle changes between the preliminary and the finished cover.

Man, I love all the detail in folds and fabric of his clothes that piece. Gorgeous.

Mr. Rabbit Trick
01-16-2009, 04:37 PM
Great stuff blg and oy. Congratulations.

Boy, this is a great thread. Hundreds of special collectors items in one place.

Fsmdr
01-16-2009, 05:09 PM
I love your frame work as well, Oy. The mat and the frame is an excellent color choice. Beautiful!.

The Lady of Shadows
01-16-2009, 07:55 PM
oy those are both magnificent. kudos to you my friend. :)

turtlex
01-17-2009, 02:23 AM

Oh.My.Goodness!!!!

This looks amazing - Just fantastic!

SOOOO AWESOME !!!

Great idea framing them together. Just superb and you know, wow!

You have just knocked my socks off.... I am now ... sockless.

Ari_Racing
01-17-2009, 11:05 AM
Congratulations!!

I received these goodies yesterday:

http://www.thedarktower.org/gallery/data/525/medium/100_6801.JPG

From L to R, Up to Down:

- He is Legend, ARC. The one that doesn't have the hole in the back.

- First Words HC. I made a mistake here...I thought it had the story "The thing at the bottom of the well". Which books contains that story? (besides, obviously, PP&T).

- Plymouth Belvedere to build. I checked the differences and man...it just looks like Christine! I had to buy it for only 9 dollars...

- Treachery and The Stand comics, numbers 3 & 4

- Cujo promotional pin and Hearts in Atlantis promotional metal dog tags. :) Been looking for these for a looong, long time.

- Two spanish books (One from Adrian Conan Doyle and one from Louis Pergaud)

- The Hollow Man. Signed limited edition #304. The first book signed by Dan Simmons that I have. :)

- Two ARCs of Drood, by Dan Simmons, with the letter from the publisher. :)

And signed by Richard Isanove:

http://www.thedarktower.org/gallery/data/525/medium/100_6807.JPG

Pretty cool stuff, isn't it?

Nerak
01-17-2009, 12:18 PM
Awsome Stuff Ari!!!!

Gunkslinger
01-17-2009, 01:17 PM
Nice catch Ari!

Gunkslinger
01-17-2009, 01:21 PM
Nice catch Mr. Rabbit Trick. I love the Skeleton Crew lettered. The smell of the leather is even better, as Roland LeBay would say, "Nothing smells finer, except for....... sorry I ain't going there.:)

Gunkslinger
01-17-2009, 01:23 PM
Oy,

You got quite the growing collection. How many King related art pieces so far? You have to realize that I've been out of the loop for a while.

turtlex
01-17-2009, 03:05 PM
Nice stuff, Ari, very nice !

jhanic
01-17-2009, 03:37 PM
Very nice, Ari!

John

Patrick
01-17-2009, 03:44 PM
Congratulations on all the great acquisitions the last couple days, everyone! Fantastic stuff (not just tippy's button)! Love the framed artwork, the 1st edition CARRIE, Ari's cornucopia of goods, etc.

Yesterday I received the 1st Edition of THE STAND :dance:

http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j158/JHPatrick/Books/SK-TheStand1st-1.jpg

I put more pics in my collection thread.

bast_imret
01-17-2009, 03:57 PM
did you buy it from Hutch?

Randall Flagg
01-17-2009, 04:02 PM
Nice stuff Ari. I too would love to find the dog tags.
Patrick, great looking copy of The Stand.

Ari, FYI a litle info on the Plymouth Fury/Belvidere, from http://www.allpar.com/history/christine.html:

In 1982 writer Stephen King completed a new horror novel called "Christine". It was about a 1958 Plymouth Fury (http://www.allpar.com/model/fury.html) that possesses its new owner, high school nerd named Arnie Cunningham.

In the book Mr. King makes several references to the 1958 Plymouthhttp://kona.kontera.com/javascript/lib/imgs/grey_loader.gif
(http://www.allpar.com/history/christine.html#) Fury that were not accurate. We have come up with some errors about the 1958 Fury that appear in the book:

Book: Christine is referred to as a four door.
Fact: The 1956-58 Furys only came in a two-door hardtop. It was not until 1959 you could get a four door Fury. Book: Christine is red and white.
Fact: The 1958 Fury only came in buckskin beige with gold trim. The 1958 Belvidere, the next model down, was available in toreador red and iceberg white, with silver trim. However, it is mentioned that she was a special order.

Patrick
01-17-2009, 04:21 PM
bast: Nope, another collector.

RF: Thanks. Interesting Christine info, too.

Chooch
01-17-2009, 07:35 PM
Very nice Ari...excellent aquirements (as usual, I dont know how you find this stuff)

Patrick, Very nice copy how would you grade?

Congrats to you both :drool:

Ari_Racing
01-17-2009, 09:59 PM
Thanks guys! And Jerome, thank you very much for the info about Christine! :)

Patrick
01-17-2009, 10:03 PM
Patrick, Very nice copy how would you grade?
Thanks, Chooch. Ah heck, with this edition of this book, I wouldn't try to hazard a guess. You can see more photos in my Book Collection thread, they're at the bottom of this page (http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/showthread.php?t=510&page=11). Feel free to post your opinion of the grade in there, I'd be interested to hear (from anyone or everyone). No risk of offense.

Ari_Racing
01-17-2009, 10:13 PM
Patrick, congratulations! :) Are you getting the slipcase, right?

Patrick
01-17-2009, 10:24 PM
Patrick, congratulations! :) Are you getting the slipcase, right?
Hell yes! I bought the book so I'd have an excuse to buy that lovely traycase. :lol:

oy-the-brave
01-17-2009, 10:25 PM
Oy,

You got quite the growing collection. How many King related art pieces so far? You have to realize that I've been out of the loop for a while.

Originals I have 3 Bernie Wrightson paintings from WoTC (2 from the Grant edition and the cover from the TP), 1 Phil Hale from DoTT, and the Alan M Clark cover to the S/L Complete Concordance (to be published some day). Then I have 2 remarques and 2 small drawings by Michael Whelan (plus all the DT prints).

Comic art I have 34 Jae Lee pages plus 3 variant covers by other artists and a commissioned drawing by David Yardin and 3 pieces from Zach McCain.

I don't have any non DT related King art.

Plus I have a really cool Michael Whelan original preliminary painting from Integral Trees by Larry Niven that I got from a really cool guy in a giveaway a while back, now that I think about it that guy may have started my art collecting (and cost me a lot of money:orely:).

Patrick
01-17-2009, 10:28 PM
Holy cow, Dave! That's a lot of art!

I must say it was quite an experience viewing your original Jae Lee pages that you were gracious enough to bring out to Vegas for the get-together last October.

Gunkslinger
01-18-2009, 05:24 AM
Oy,

Originals I have 3 Bernie Wrightson paintings from WoTC (2 from the Grant edition and the cover from the TP), 1 Phil Hale from DoTT, and the Alan M Clark cover to the S/L Complete Concordance (to be published some day). Then I have 2 remarques and 2 small drawings by Michael Whelan (plus all the DT prints).

Comic art I have 34 Jae Lee pages plus 3 variant covers by other artists and a commissioned drawing by David Yardin and 3 pieces from Zach McCain.

I don't have any non DT related King art.

Plus I have a really cool Michael Whelan original preliminary painting from Integral Trees by Larry Niven that I got from a really cool guy in a giveaway a while back, now that I think about it that guy may have started my art collecting (and cost me a lot of money:orely:).

That is very cool, Dave.

and by the way happy to be of help!:lol:

Sam
01-18-2009, 10:46 AM
The book loos horrible Patrick. You shouldn't have something looking that bad in your collection. Let me take it off your hands so your bookcase won't be soiled by it's presence.:P

Looks great dude. A little wear around the corners, but still in great condition from what I can see.

carlosdetweiller
01-18-2009, 10:58 AM
the Alan M Clark cover to the S/L Complete Concordance (to be published some day).

Some day. I've got a pen and ink drawing by Erik Wilson illustrating King's story "One For The Road" that is supposed to be published "some day" in LEGACIES by Cemetery Dance Publications. I've had the drawing framed and hanging in my basement for 9 years!

I wonder which of these two pieces will be published first? Maybe neither.

Patrick
01-18-2009, 11:02 AM
:lol: Thanks, Sam, I'll shove it in a big manila envelope and send it your way.

Dave and Bob, the book may not be released yet (ever?), but you've both got great artwork anyway.

e_taylor
01-19-2009, 07:30 AM
Won this for the equivalent of $80 US. :thumbsup:

http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&item=150320589293

Nothing super exciting - but I think I got a pretty good price.

jhanic
01-19-2009, 07:34 AM
That was a VERY good price!

John

inertia1215
01-19-2009, 08:06 AM

http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&item=150320589293

I'd be excited if I picked that up for soo cheap!! Congrats! Nice grab!

Randall Flagg
01-19-2009, 10:07 AM

As John said, that is a great price.

Patrick
01-19-2009, 10:36 AM
Congrats on a great deal, Eric.

Cutter
01-19-2009, 01:37 PM
awesome price Eric, congrats!

e_taylor
01-19-2009, 01:41 PM
Thanks guys - this is one of the very few bargains I've been able to snatch up!

Gunkslinger
01-19-2009, 01:42 PM
$80 for that! Awesome! Great snag!

tippy4
01-19-2009, 03:10 PM
Agreed.

Great price. I think I paid twice that for mine.

We need an emoticon that expresses envy!

turtlex
01-19-2009, 03:12 PM
Congrats, Eric. Sweet find.

Randall Flagg
01-19-2009, 03:32 PM

http://arnav.bookrum.com/wordpress/wp-content/plugins/moods/envious.gif

e_taylor
01-19-2009, 05:02 PM
Agreed.

Great price. I think I paid twice that for mine.

Tippy -

If its any consolation, its less of a bargain for me than it would have been six months ago when the Canadian dollar was doing so well.

Gris
01-19-2009, 07:02 PM
It might be silly, but I found what I believe to be Skolpadda...

http://allgris.dns4me.com:8085/books/Images%5Cskolpadda1.jpg

Sam
01-19-2009, 07:28 PM
Randall, that looks soooo much like Mr. Yuck!:panic:

NeedfulKings
01-19-2009, 09:05 PM
Nice grabs everyone!!!!

I came across this on my trip to Portland. It was sitting on the shelf with a $40 price tag and having not really researched the value, I thought I'd just get it.

Dark Tower: Drawing of the Three, Special Advance Readers Copy. Aside from the few shelf scratches, it's it great shape--no reading creases, etc.

http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i2/bookking/dt_com/DSCF5115.jpg

Patrick
01-19-2009, 11:14 PM
Nice, Bill! Congrats.

turtlex
01-20-2009, 01:49 AM
Nice, NeedfulKings...
... and Gris - I love that turtle !

Chooch
01-20-2009, 07:32 AM
Nice Bill...one I need..$40 good buy.

I can't see the turtle Gris

Gris
01-20-2009, 07:48 AM
Do you see it as an attachment here?

herbertwest
01-20-2009, 09:58 AM
Bob should soon recieve his unique item... :drool:

Nerak
01-20-2009, 09:59 AM
Craig, I want that turtle!!!

carlosdetweiller
01-20-2009, 10:02 AM

By the end of this week I am told.

It is being customized.

bast_imret
01-20-2009, 10:37 AM
I just want to receive my LSOEs :excited:

e_taylor
01-20-2009, 03:00 PM

It is being customized.

Customized you say? That makes me wonder even more!

Patrick
01-20-2009, 10:05 PM

It is being customized.
Hmmmm, in that case I'm guessing this item involves Michael Whelan.

at_one
01-22-2009, 01:31 PM
I scored this after a few days of searching....

and I paid less then $150, shipped.

http://www.thedarktower.org/gallery/data/616/medium/IMG_2643_Large_.JPG

I just got it in the mail today! :cool:

Mr. Rabbit Trick
01-22-2009, 01:36 PM
I scored this after a few days of searching....
and I paid less then $150, shipped.
I just got it in the mail today! :cool:

Congrats. Great price.

jhanic
01-22-2009, 01:38 PM
That was a great price! Congratulations!

John

tippy4
01-22-2009, 05:32 PM
Today I received a signed 1st edition of The Dark Tower 7. :nana:

http://img209.imageshack.us/img209/7074/picture075ql3.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

This is my first, (Stephen King) signed First Edition of any Dark Tower book.

I have a signed DT5, but it is a 2nd or 3rd printing.

bast_imret
01-22-2009, 05:35 PM
:excited: OMG, I just got an amazing suprise in the mail today, but I can't post pictures cause my wife has the camera! She gets back from Seattle in a couple hours though, so i promise pics sometime tonight. But you'll have to wait till then to find out what it is. I'm such a tease :evil:

Tippy, thats awsome! Congrats!

Nerak
01-22-2009, 05:37 PM
wait, it is tonight, post pictures!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

tippy4
01-22-2009, 05:39 PM
Damn you! You are a tease!

I smell a remarque!

jhanic
01-22-2009, 05:42 PM
Congratulations, tippy!

John

Patrick
01-22-2009, 06:12 PM
Congratulations, tippy!

bast, I look forward to your big "reveal" later.

bast_imret
01-22-2009, 06:18 PM
Congratulations, tippy!

bast, I look forward to your big "reveal" later.

ooo, kinky ;)

Chooch
01-22-2009, 06:52 PM
Sweet...Congrats Tippy...hope you get many more...

bast_imret
01-22-2009, 08:42 PM

I smell a remarque!

Close, but probably not the one you were thinking of. I was one of the AE + Other Books orders, so my LSoE's didn't go out with the first batch of shipments.

I recieved my copy of The Waste Lands from Ned Dameron today, and when I opened it I found this:

http://www.thedarktower.org/gallery/data/500/IMG_7329.JPG

Wow! :excited: Oy is my most favorite character in the series, and I love Ned's smiling, jovial version of him. Actually, I adore each artist's version of him, because they are all so different, but undeniably Oy. Here's my Whelan Oy remarque for comparison. Very different interpretation of King's description.

http://www.thedarktower.org/gallery/data/500/Oy_Remarque.jpg

So a little background info: in our most recent correspondence, I got on the topic of my favorite little billy bumbler, and Ned talked at some length about a primary inspiration for the character design, which I guarantee you is not at all what you think it would be. Aside from King's descriptions of Oy's animalistic stature and features (heavily inspired by his Corgi, Marlowe), Ned's influence for Oy's more humanized facial features was actually a very cute check-out girl from his local grocery store! He's got a semi-photographic memory, so he just stored the image of her cute smile away, and used it as a sort of caricature for Oy in a final study for the painting of he and Jake.

Here's a closer shot of the sketch and inscription.

http://www.thedarktower.org/gallery/data/500/IMG_7331.jpg

Ari_Racing
01-22-2009, 09:34 PM
ASTONISHING REMARQUE! :) Congratulations!!!!

The Lady of Shadows
01-22-2009, 09:58 PM
that is fantastic. congrats!

oy-the-brave
01-22-2009, 10:14 PM

I smell a remarque!

Close, but probably not the one you were thinking of. I was one of the AE + Other Books orders, so my LSoE's didn't go out with the first batch of shipments.

I recieved my copy of The Waste Lands from Ned Dameron today, and when I opened it I found this:

Wow! :excited: Oy is my most favorite character in the series, and I love Ned's smiling, jovial version of him. Actually, I adore each artist's version of him, because they are all so different, but undeniably Oy. Here's my Whelan Oy remarque for comparison. Very different interpretation of King's description.

So a little background info: in our most recent correspondence, I got on the topic of my favorite little billy bumbler, and Ned talked at some length about a primary inspiration for the character design, which I guarantee you is not at all what you think it would be. Aside from King's descriptions of Oy's animalistic stature and features (heavily inspired by his Corgi, Marlowe), Ned's influence for Oy's more humanized facial features was actually a very cute check-out girl from his local grocery store! He's got a semi-photographic memory, so he just stored the image of her cute smile away, and used it as a sort of caricature for Oy in a final study for the painting of he and Jake.

VERY VERY nice, such a fantastic remarque and story, congrats :thumbsup:

Nerak
01-22-2009, 10:55 PM
sweet!!

herbertwest
01-23-2009, 02:32 AM
that's really cool, congrats!!!

turtlex
01-23-2009, 03:20 AM
Awesome! Such a wonderful piece!

wizardsrainbow
01-23-2009, 04:33 AM

I smell a remarque!

I am INSANELY jealous. That is too cool for words. Just WOW!

jhanic
01-23-2009, 04:36 AM
Very, very nice, bas.

John

Gunkslinger
01-23-2009, 05:00 AM
Very nice!

carlosdetweiller
01-23-2009, 05:09 AM
Congratulations on the personalized book. Ned is really a nice guy and I'm glad it worked out for you.

Maybe I am missing something in your story but the check out girl at the grocery doesn't sound very attractive, does she?

idlewarnings
01-23-2009, 05:43 AM
Very nice, bast. Congrats.

Chooch
01-23-2009, 06:42 AM
Yes that is very nice bas...and we do really need a jealous icon cause I'd use it alot with items like this...Wow

Randall Flagg
01-23-2009, 06:44 AM
Maybe I am missing something in your story but the check out girl at the grocery doesn't sound very attractive, does she?
:P

Cutter
01-23-2009, 07:56 AM
Nice remarque, and personalized. A very nice treasure. :thumbsup:

Patrick
01-23-2009, 08:34 AM
That is FANTASTIC! Congratulations, bast!

Fsmdr
01-23-2009, 08:54 AM
Very cool. Thanks for posting. It's a treat to look at.

Nerak
01-23-2009, 09:53 AM
still waiting on Bob's surprise....

carlosdetweiller
01-23-2009, 11:18 AM
still waiting on Bob's surprise....

I missed the postman by a few minutes today and the box needs a signature for delivery. I'll have to go to the post office in the morning to get it. Not much has gone right for me today and this is just one more thing.

jhanic
01-23-2009, 11:27 AM
Aaaarrrrggghhhh!!!

I HATE it when that happens!

John

Nerak
01-23-2009, 11:36 AM
But, wait, it's still daylight in TX, GO NOW!!! waaahhhhhhh

Dammit, waiting bites, and it's not even my present! :lol:

wizardsrainbow
01-23-2009, 01:01 PM
You're all acting like a bunch of giddy children on Christmas morning <as Wiz hip checks all others out of the way so that he has a front row seat to this magic show>

carlosdetweiller
01-23-2009, 01:07 PM
You're all acting like a bunch of giddy children on Christmas morning <as Wiz hip checks all others out of the way so that he has a front row seat to this magic show>

It helps to live in a smaller town and to know several people (patients of mine) in the post office. I called and explained the situation and was told not to worry, as soon as the mail man returned they would call me and I could come pick it up.

My wife has gone to get the package. I can't drive today, having had a medical procedure that required short anesthesia. She should be back soon. Pictures up within a couple of hours.

carlosdetweiller
01-23-2009, 02:22 PM
I got a big box today from Joe Stefko of Charnel House. I am really pleased with the contents. I'll start off with some of the deal sweeteners and show the big item last.

Here are a couple of pieces of original art. I'm not sure what to do with these. I don't really think they are frame worthy but are certainly interesting items.

The first is J. K. Potter's original lettering for the top of the "toy box" for the numbered edition. (I thought Alan Clarke did the artwork but I guess Potter did the lettering).

http://i204.photobucket.com/albums/bb54/carlosdetweiller/regulatorsclarkeart.jpg

The second is a tiny drawing by Stephen Gervais of a radar dish that was not used.

http://i204.photobucket.com/albums/bb54/carlosdetweiller/regulatorsgervaisdish.jpg

e_taylor
01-23-2009, 02:31 PM
Here we go!! :panic:

carlosdetweiller
01-23-2009, 02:32 PM
Next up is a large box of proof pages. This is the proof that Joe Stefko was sent to work from for the book design. I've never seen this proof state before. I suspect it is somewhat rare but I really don't know. You can see how small that little drawing of the radar dish is at the top of the second picture.

http://i204.photobucket.com/albums/bb54/carlosdetweiller/regulatorsproofcoversheet.jpg

http://i204.photobucket.com/albums/bb54/carlosdetweiller/regulatorsproofloosepages.jpg

OK. Now I am going to try to take some good photos of a really neat book that I also got.

carlosdetweiller
01-23-2009, 03:01 PM
This is a unique copy of THE REGULATORS. Joe Stefko had this bound for his own personal use. He said he wanted to read a leather bound copy without having to deal with the bullets. He never got around to reading it, he said.

Handbound in purple leather with black stamping of title and bullet holes ravaging the front board. Raised bands on the spine with six compartments with a bullet hole in each.

http://i204.photobucket.com/albums/bb54/carlosdetweiller/regulatorsdesignercopy1.jpg

http://i204.photobucket.com/albums/bb54/carlosdetweiller/regulatorsdesignercopy2.jpg

The last of the PC checks is affixed to the front page with King signing as Bachman.

http://i204.photobucket.com/albums/bb54/carlosdetweiller/regulatorsdesignercopy3.jpg

Joe had a special "Regulators" checking account that all the business for this book was done from. He affixed one of these checks on the last page with details, provenance, etc.

http://img119.imageshack.us/img119/216/joestefkoregulalorcheckne9.jpg

Today hasn't been the best of days for me but it has certainly finished nicely. I am just really pleased to put this book in my collection.

shnnrc01
01-23-2009, 03:04 PM
truly one of a kind bob.amazing.

bast_imret
01-23-2009, 03:11 PM
Wow! That is awsome! I love the royal purple leather, makes those bullet holes really pop! I'll have to look at the pics at home though, viewing them on my blackberry isn't doing it justice.

Clacke
01-23-2009, 03:13 PM
Awesome! Congratulations, Bob.

blg
01-23-2009, 03:19 PM
Very nice.:thumbsup:

herbertwest
01-23-2009, 03:52 PM
really amazing!
Thanks for sharing bob!

Are they actual bullets holes??? :excited:

carlosdetweiller
01-23-2009, 03:58 PM
really amazing!
Thanks for sharing bob!

Are they actual bullets holes??? :excited:

Thanks for all the nice comments, everyone.

No, they don't go all the way through. Just black circles on the leather.

Patrick
01-23-2009, 05:01 PM
Bob, once again you manage to amaze and astound. That is a beautiful book, and so truly unique. Congratulations on acquiring both the book and the various proof items.

jhanic
01-23-2009, 05:09 PM
Beautiful, Bob! Congratulations on a great acquisition!

John

Ari_Racing
01-23-2009, 05:28 PM
Astonishing! :) Congratulations.

Hope the day wasn't too bad anyway :(

The Lady of Shadows
01-23-2009, 06:04 PM
i.
am.
in.
awe.

and wiz i have a bruise from that hipcheck you meanie. :P

Nerak
01-23-2009, 06:28 PM
Bob, that's wicked!!!

wizardsrainbow
01-23-2009, 06:36 PM
Ooooooo, Bob has a new toy! That is really a nice package. Congratulations.

gsvec
01-23-2009, 06:40 PM
Absolutely incredible, Bob!! You are the master of rare SK and I'm so happy your day ended on such a high note!

And I'm just catching up here - congrats Tippy on your signed first, and bast - that remarque is wonderful!!

bast_imret
01-23-2009, 06:58 PM
Alright, finally got home and on a computer again (stupid small blackberry screen).

Wow, amazing Bob. I love how Joe used The Regulators check to mirror King's limitation checks too. Truly one of a kind.

Thanks to everyone for the comments on the remarque. I'm still floating on cloud 9 from that surprise. Bob: To each his own :lol:

Mail man brought me another package today, but didn't deliver it, and left me a slip on the door instead :doh: Regrettably, I don't have any acquaintances in the post office, so I have to wait till the morning. It's either my books from Grant (Karen, did you guys use USPS or UPS?) or the Straub signed Grant Talisman I brought from Shibus. Either way, more pics in the morning :)

Cutter
01-23-2009, 07:47 PM
That is quite amazing Bob, words can't describe how cool that is. Congrats!

btw, I really like the cover font type and the multiple bullet holes. They should have used that cover for the Numbered Edition.

Fsmdr
01-23-2009, 08:41 PM
Wow!. That's absolutely worth the suspense. Truly amazing!.

turtlex
01-23-2009, 09:33 PM
Oh.My.Goodness!
That was certainly worth the wait !
Congratulations. Incredible item.
Thank you so much for sharing!

wizardsrainbow
01-24-2009, 03:43 AM
Bob-

I keep coming back to look at your pictures. I really like this item(s).

Now where on earth do you store this kinda stuff? This, the sportcoat King wore, etc.?

Gunkslinger
01-24-2009, 04:28 AM
That is very cool Bob, glad to see it in your collection, now you just need figiure a way to pry David's fingers off of his prototype.:P :orely:

carlosdetweiller
01-24-2009, 05:34 AM
That is very cool Bob, glad to see it in your collection, now you just need figiure a way to pry David's fingers off of his prototype.:P :orely:

There is one other item from THE REGULATORS that I would really like. Stephen Gervais had already sold one of the original illustrations he did for the book when I initially contacted him. It is the last one with all the skulls. He still had the other three and I bought those. I keep meaning to ask Stephen if he would try to contact that guy and see if he would be interested in selling. It would be nice to get them all back together again.

And thanks again to everyone for all the nice comments.

carlosdetweiller
01-24-2009, 05:42 AM
Bob-

I keep coming back to look at your pictures. I really like this item(s).

Now where on earth do you store this kinda stuff? This, the sportcoat King wore, etc.?

Interesting that you should ask. The answer, of course, is closets. The problem is that they are all full. We have so many Christmas decorations that I have had to rent off site storage for the past 7 or 8 years just to store them. It is climate controlled storage and the cost (around $100/month) really bothers me. I've also got quite a few framed prints and boxes of books stored over there.

This week a contractor is starting an addition to our house that is basically a 300 sq. ft. closet. We should finally be able to get everything under one roof with room to spare. But I'm sure that eventually we will find a way to fill it up too.

Randall Flagg
01-24-2009, 06:14 AM
Bob, it looks like Joe sold you the Regulators stuff-correct? I noticed the check he tipped in says 1/20/2009.
Now, can we add this under the prototype listing for The Regulators?:)

Mr. Rabbit Trick
01-24-2009, 07:01 AM

It's not a prototype. It's a custom binding.

carlosdetweiller
01-24-2009, 07:40 AM

It's not a prototype. It's a custom binding.

I would agree with that.