PDA

View Full Version : Subterranean Press discussion thread

Pages : 1 2 3 [4]

The_Antiquarian
06-13-2019, 10:20 AM
So does anyone know who are the first four individuals that acquired Roman Numeral Edition I - IV? Camelot does not have the info. Does anyone know their actual whereabouts?

Randall Flagg
06-13-2019, 10:25 AM
So does anyone know who are the first four individuals that acquired Roman Numeral Edition I - IV? Camelot does not have the info. Does anyone know their actual whereabouts?

Third rock from the sun...

Lot guy
06-13-2019, 10:27 AM
Camelot received one of the first 4, in the "wait is over" newsletter it stated

The_Antiquarian
06-13-2019, 10:34 AM
I thought the statements by Bill and news from Camelot state that the first four numerals went to folks who will never dispose of their copies until their “death (something like that), which all happened prior to Camelot getting ahold of six books. Then roman numeral V - VIII were sold to collectors, with the remaining IX and X held by Camelot as their retirement fund/the vault. To sum it up, we know exactly who holds V - X, but we have no info on who holds the first four.

Am I correct?

Correction: An individual by the name of Matt F* holds copy IX so I guess Camelot holds two of the leftovers from six. V, VIII, and IX are taken by collectors (can’t tell which other one got purchased).

Lot guy
06-13-2019, 10:40 AM
I thought the statements by Bill and news from Camelot state that the first four numerals went to folks who will never dispose of their copies until their “death (something like that), which all happened prior to Camelot getting ahold of six books. Then roman numeral V - VIII were sold to collectors, with the remaining IX and X held by Camelot as their retirement fund/the vault. To sum it up, we know exactly who holds V - X, but we have no info on who holds the first four.

Am I correct?

I can say with certainty IX is in my hands not Camelot not sure what numbers they kept. Direct from Camelot newsletter:
The Wait Is Over!
Here Are the Details
You Have All Been Waiting For!

Our initial announcement called this a "previously unknown" state of this book. We forgot some people on the internet take things too literally. Common sense would tell you that if it exists, someone has to know about it, it had to be made and handled by someone, in fact we've know about it since it was produced as we were lucky enough to be one of the four copies originally distributed.

The_Antiquarian
06-13-2019, 10:41 AM
I can say with certainty IX is in my hands not Camelot not sure what numbers they kept. Direct from Camelot newsletter:
The Wait Is Over!
Here Are the Details

Our initial announcement called this a "previously unknown" state of this book. We forgot some people on the internet take things too literally. Common sense would tell you that if it exists, someone has to know about it, it had to be made and handled by someone, in fact we've know about it since it was produced as we were lucky enough to be one of the four copies originally distributed.

Ah! You are the great Matthew F* from thr FB group :)

Lot guy
06-13-2019, 10:44 AM
The Wait Is Over!
Here Are the Details

I'll take that, shit wife doesn't even call me the great Matthew but I might have to have my Son start referencing me in that fashion as he can still be molded at his young age, ha.
Thanks Arnold

Merlin1958
06-13-2019, 12:13 PM
The Wait Is Over!
Here Are the Details

I'll take that, shit wife doesn't even call me the great Matthew but I might have to have my Son start referencing me in that fashion as he can still be molded at his young age, ha.
Thanks Arnold

I always thought of you as "Matt the great & Terrible" F******, but that's just me. lol BTW, I'm still waiting for my signed copy of "Sleeping Beauties", Mr Great!!!! lol lol lol j/k

Lot guy
06-13-2019, 12:40 PM
The Wait Is Over!
Here Are the Details

Thanks Arnold

I always thought of you as "Matt the great & Terrible" F******, but that's just me. lol BTW, I'm still waiting for my signed copy of "Sleeping Beauties", Mr Great!!!! lol lol lol j/k
Thanks Bill, that would be because you had me send it to UK back from in 2017. On 12/9/2017 I received an email saying received many thanks?

Lot guy
06-13-2019, 01:00 PM
Sorry Bill, I missed the JK part at the end, ha.

St. Troy
06-14-2019, 07:42 AM
The leather on the book is BLACK Leather...

Were different colors made? They looked blue in this post:

http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/showthread.php?15704-Subterranean-Press-discussion-thread&p=1150476&viewfull=1#post1150476

...which seemed to be confirmed in this one:

It looks blue in the photos, but it's actually black, isn't it?

Quite striking, bold, simple design.

No, It's very Blue. Alec and I agreed on "Cornflower Blue' :)

Just curious.

Lot guy
06-14-2019, 08:49 AM
The case is a cornflower blue, book is black leather

Hunchback Jack
06-14-2019, 12:59 PM
The endpapers are clad in this unusually colored material:

http://www.thedarktower.org/gallery/data/1013/The_Dress_viral_phenomenon_.png

... designed by the artist Yanni (aka Laurel).

;)

HBJ

Patrick
06-14-2019, 03:05 PM
The endpapers are clad in this unusually colored material:

http://www.thedarktower.org/gallery/data/1013/The_Dress_viral_phenomenon_.png

... designed by the artist Yanni (aka Laurel).

;)

HBJ
That should settle all questions.

Randall Flagg
06-14-2019, 04:15 PM
Not really.
Who's Yanni?

NiceM
06-14-2019, 09:54 PM
Not really.
Who's Yanni?

Laurel? Sorry couldn't resist. No idea either :)

Hunchback Jack
06-14-2019, 10:24 PM
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_dress
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yanny_or_Laurel

OldCrow88
06-15-2019, 02:01 AM
So what you're saying is the endpapers are white with gold trim? :D

Joe315
06-15-2019, 04:55 AM
So what you're saying is the endpapers are white with gold trim? :D

No, blue with black trim

knightmare
07-07-2019, 05:53 AM
I almost never run "sales" because in my mind collectibles only go up in value.

With that, I'm done with what I consider to be the stale Subterranean Press and almost all my Subterranean Press listings are marked down 20%, can be had off ebay for even less. There's some interesting titles.

Just click here: Subterranean Listings (https://www.ebay.com/sch/m.html?_odkw=&_ssn=readwhiteandblue&item=303213887888&_osacat=0&_from=R40&_trksid=m570.l1313&_nkw=subterranean&_sacat=0)

Includes Ready Player One Lettered (it's Bill's copy), NOS4A2 Lettered, Red Rising Series Limited & Lettered with rights, Thumbprint lettered, Complete Borne Lettered, Interworld Trilogy Lettered, Iron Druid Limited & Lettered with rights and some other interesting titles.

I'm going to clear them off my shelves to invest in others likes Suntup that put thought into making each edition unique.

NiceM
07-07-2019, 09:11 AM
Was hoping you’d list the books of Bavel lettered😁

knightmare
07-07-2019, 09:20 AM
Was hoping you’d list the books of Bavel lettered😁

Sorry don't have them...I've got it almost all listed. I've already done a couple of sales and they can tell you I have offered good deals. Feel free to make an offer or ask. I frankly just want this stuff gone.

NiceM
07-07-2019, 09:26 AM
Pierce Brown lettered trilogy sold?

knightmare
07-07-2019, 09:33 AM

Not yet. Other than Gme of Thrones has most watchers...with that I will give you a no profit price albeit I bought it for a pretty penny...pm me

NiceM
07-07-2019, 09:58 AM

Not yet. Other than Gme of Thrones has most watchers...with that I will give you a no profit price albeit I bought it for a pretty penny...pm me

Thanks for the offer sir, but Ill sit this one out Im afraid. Saving up for now. I havent read the books yet but fell in love with Tommy Arnold covers. Didnt see the trilogy in your listing from that link so thats why I wondered if someone already snapped them up. Or is that 4295 listing also yours? Different seller name though.

knightmare
07-07-2019, 10:12 AM

Thanks for the offer sir, but Ill sit this one out Im afraid. Saving up for now. I havent read the books yet but fell in love with Tommy Arnold covers. Didnt see the trilogy in your listing from that link so thats why I wondered if someone already snapped them up. Or is that 4295 listing also yours? Different seller name though.

No problem and that isn’t me.

knightmare
07-07-2019, 10:17 AM
I see who you’re talking about. Small seller and somehow hasn’t gotten the 3rd book yet?

NiceM
07-07-2019, 10:40 AM
I see who you’re talking about. Small seller and somehow hasn’t gotten the 3rd book yet?

The listing pretends to be for all 3. However no pictures of the 3rd indeed now that you mention it

knightmare
07-07-2019, 10:43 AM
Who knows, I’ve only interacted with them once where they acted like it was a complete inconvenience to look up the number on a limited edition.

At least with this, if it’s legit, it would have to be part of 26. Knowing the letter is another matter.

Hunchback Jack
07-07-2019, 11:17 AM
That other listing has been up and renewed since before the third book was released. Hence no pics as they haven't updated it.

NiceM
07-07-2019, 11:47 AM
That other listing has been up and renewed since before the third book was released. Hence no pics as they haven't updated it.

Sloppy at these price levels

knightmare
07-07-2019, 12:09 PM

Sloppy at these price levels

Agreed, I updated mine the day I got it which was a month ago

knightmare
07-08-2019, 08:31 AM
I'm about to relist all the SubPress stuff at only what it costs to recoup my costs and the fees associated.

If you see anything you like I can go without fees unless paypal is charging them for F&F now.

knightmare
07-18-2019, 09:29 AM
Letter J of Red Rising trilogy for 4 grand (what I paid) plus cost of whatever shipping you would like. Newest one just announced (and more to follow), you would be able to buy it direct at cost. Let me know if interested.

http://i64.tinypic.com/2vxepli.png

knightmare
07-18-2019, 11:18 AM
Letter J of Red Rising trilogy for 4 grand (what I paid) plus cost of whatever shipping you would like. Newest one just announced (and more to follow), you would be able to buy it direct at cost. Let me know if interested.

http://i64.tinypic.com/2vxepli.png

Liquidating it all: Subterranean Auctions at Cost (https://www.ebay.com/sch/readwhiteandblue/m.html?_armrs=1&_from=R40&_sacat=0&_nkw=subterranean&rt=nc&LH_Auction=1&_trksid=p2046732.m1684)

SOLD

Lurker
08-07-2019, 07:58 PM
Does anyone know what Jeff was charging for RPO slipcase for the Subpress edition? Thanks.

Hunchback Jack
08-08-2019, 07:41 AM
I paid 12.95 GBP for mine a few years back. Might be a bit more now, but that should be the ballpark.

HBJ

Lurker
08-08-2019, 10:38 AM
Thanks!

Hunchback Jack
08-08-2019, 10:58 AM
Thanks!

You're welcome. There are black and purple variants of the case, and they both look great. I was concerned the purple case would look a little cheesy, but it actually suits the colour scheme of the dustjacket really well.

HBJ

NiceM
08-12-2019, 04:12 AM
Full throttle up for order today. I just can’t find a good reason why the lettered edition has to be almost ten times as expensive as the limited. No extra art. Remarque by Dave McKean worth such a premium? I think i’m skipping this.

Munnecom
08-12-2019, 04:41 AM
I got a copy of the numbered edition. Does anyone know if McKean is signing too?

Kingfan24
08-12-2019, 04:44 AM
Lettered sold out. Unbelievable. I don’t even think I’m getting the limited.

WeDealInLead
08-12-2019, 04:46 AM
If money's an issue (and at $175 for a book without a slipcase it just might be), there's also the option of getting it on layaway from Camelot.

Kingfan24
08-12-2019, 04:52 AM
If money's an issue (and at $175 for a book without a slipcase it just might be), there's also the option of getting it on layaway from Camelot.

Money definitely is not the issue - the issue is it’s going to be a standard sub press book. It’s 8x8, no slipcase. Seems like a money grab to me.

NiceM
08-12-2019, 04:53 AM
Limited does come with slipcase. For this edition I think the limited has the best value. I can’t see where the 1500$ go towards without extra art or different paper / printing. Must be some extraordinary binding material. When the pictures arrive of the lettered I might regret my decision as it was up for sale for several minutes. That doesnt come close the 29 second sell out for Use of Weapons

WeDealInLead
08-12-2019, 04:58 AM
I see. I read only the email SP sent out last week. Maybe I didn't see the part about the slipcase. $175 seems a little more reasonable now.

Hunchback Jack
08-12-2019, 06:06 AM
The Lettered at $1500 will probably be like the lettered for NOS4A2 - leather-bound or silk-bound slipcase, leather-bound embossed book, hand sewn binding, plus the additional Remarque. The lettered of Silence of the Lambs was $1500, and it still stands as one of the finest productions SubPress has done. I imagine Full Throttle will also be something pretty special.

I passed on the Full Throttle lettered - I don't currently have any Hill Lettereds, and don't plan to start collecting them - but I will pick up a numbered. It's a bit pricey at $175, but this indicates it will have some of the features of a "deluxe" numbered - heavier paper, two-color printing, slipcase, etc.

HBJ

lotuz
08-12-2019, 10:55 AM
The Lettered at $1500 will probably be like the lettered for NOS4A2 - leather-bound or silk-bound slipcase, leather-bound embossed book, hand sewn binding, plus the additional Remarque. The lettered of Silence of the Lambs was $1500, and it still stands as one of the finest productions SubPress has done. I imagine Full Throttle will also be something pretty special.

I passed on the Full Throttle lettered - I don't currently have any Hill Lettereds, and don't plan to start collecting them - but I will pick up a numbered. It's a bit pricey at $175, but this indicates it will have some of the features of a "deluxe" numbered - heavier paper, two-color printing, slipcase, etc.

HBJ

I agree. The standard lettereds are all pretty much the same, but once they hit the $500 price point, they start to get really nice. But they're still always described the same way!

"26 signed specially bound copies, housed in a custom traycase"

I'm assuming they do this to keep their creative options open...

There was at least one other title besides Silence of the Lambs (which I agree is perhaps their finest effort) that was $1500 - the lettered Smoke & Mirrors, which goes for more than double that now and has the coolest traycase.

ur2ndbiggestfan
08-12-2019, 11:38 AM
Of the few Sub Press lettereds I have, I think I like the one for DANGEROUS WAYS by Jack Vance the best.

lotuz
08-12-2019, 12:01 PM
Of the few Sub Press lettereds I have, I think I like the one for DANGEROUS WAYS by Jack Vance the best.

You have a pic of that in your collection thread? I know you finally scored the lettered Blood's A Rover and if you like Dangerous Ways better than that, then I gotta see!

mikeC
08-12-2019, 12:12 PM

Money definitely is not the issue - the issue is it’s going to be a standard sub press book. It’s 8x8, no slipcase. Seems like a money grab to me.

There’s a slipcase and I would think Dave McKean isn’t cheap.

ur2ndbiggestfan
08-12-2019, 12:38 PM
I'll take a picture of the Vance book.

NiceM
08-12-2019, 10:36 PM

HBJ

I agree. The standard lettereds are all pretty much the same, but once they hit the $500 price point, they start to get really nice. But they're still always described the same way!

"26 signed specially bound copies, housed in a custom traycase"

I'm assuming they do this to keep their creative options open...

There was at least one other title besides Silence of the Lambs (which I agree is perhaps their finest effort) that was $1500 - the lettered Smoke & Mirrors, which goes for more than double that now and has the coolest traycase.

Thanks guys, that will push me to buy a future lettered over the 1000$ mark from Subpress if I’m really into the book. The lack of extra details in the description is indeed what made me doubt.

Patrick
08-13-2019, 05:59 AM
I’m looking forward to seeing your Lettered Editions when this is released. Personally I ordered the Numbered edition. I’m good with the $175 price tag on that one.

louis2003b
09-10-2019, 02:39 PM
Is it just me or has Subpress been on fire 🔥? Every book looks incredible and they are signing amazing authors. Very excited to read Gideon the Ninth!

Hunchback Jack
09-10-2019, 03:37 PM
Yeah, they have some amazing books coming out between now and January, and have some incredible announcements coming that Bill has already teased online.

Can't wait for Fire & Blood, The Labyrinth of the Spirits, and Use of Weapons to all land on my doorstep. And Jemisin, Gibson and Willis to be pre-ordered later this year.

HBJ

The_Antiquarian
11-18-2019, 01:12 AM
Hello fellow collectors!

A new venue for all rare books aficionados to meet, discuss, and share our passion for all works by the modern day literary god, George RR Martin is open!

George RR Martin Rarities (https://www.facebook.com/groups/472004276741162/)

This is the very first Facebook group (or second, according to Pat Robinson) solely dedicated to sharing news, buying, selling, and trading of rare books by George RR Martin and everyone is welcome to join. We already have several of the most established and well-respected rare books super-collectors amonst our ranks including Rebecca Dornsife, Pat Robinson, Yegor Malinovskii, and Pekka Poutanen!

Emulating the much venerated Stephen King Rare Editions group by Kris Webster, our Group will focus solely on collecting rare books including 1) limited & lettered editions, 2) 1sts, 3) signed, 4) proofs/Arcs, and 5) original illustration artworks featured on GRRM's works.

An all new up-to-date compilation of wish list/sales list is also available in the group, so if you are looking for a book to complete your matching set or have rare books for sale, please join the group!

The_Antiquarian
11-18-2019, 01:19 AM
New releases are coming out soon! Windhaven limited and the Book of Magic are already out.
Lettered edition of Windhaven and the Book of Maginc will be released soon.

Since Subterranean Press is the sole publisher of GRRM's limited edition works atm, I figured it would be a perfect time for you guys to join the party as well :)

NiceM
11-18-2019, 02:10 AM
New releases are coming out soon! Windhaven limited and the Book of Magic are already out.

Since Subterranean Press is the sole publisher of GRRM's limited edition works atm, I figured it would be a perfect time for you guys to join the party as well :)

Awesome initiative Arnold, the day I joined was already fruitful as Yegor pointed out Marc Simonetti's limited prints and I was able to pick up the single print Iron Throne. Can't wait to frame it!
Keep up the good work. I might even copy it for Malazan if you don't start that ;)

best,
Maurice

The_Antiquarian
11-18-2019, 10:06 AM
Awesome initiative Arnold, the day I joined was already fruitful as Yegor pointed out Marc Simonetti's limited prints and I was able to pick up the single print Iron Throne. Can't wait to frame it!
Keep up the good work. I might even copy it for Malazan if you don't start that ;)

best,
Maurice

Greetings Maurice,

Thank you very much for the encouragement and I am more than thrilled to know that you are able to add Simonetti's print amongst your collection! Although it's only been a week, I have received a wealth of knowledge from fellow members as well and I am already on a lookout for books that I got to know, once again, thanks to the members.

The Malazan group would be a huge boon to all book collectors! I get the feeling that the prospective pool of members will nearly be identical to those in GRRM group :)

See you around Maruice!

Hunchback Jack
11-18-2019, 10:33 AM

Not to mention Fire & Blood. I expect that will be one incredible production from SubPress.

The_Antiquarian
11-19-2019, 08:55 AM

Not to mention Fire & Blood. I expect that will be one incredible production from SubPress.

Oh absolutely! Supposedly, the lettered edition of Fire & Blood is going to be the most lavish GRRM work ever produced by Subterranean! I am very excited :)

Hunchback Jack
12-09-2019, 01:33 PM
The S/L of William Gibson's Burning Chrome went on sale this morning. It looks like they are planning something big for it - oversized, two colour printing and illustrations, etc. Hopefully we get some colour tipped in illustrations as well, although that's not mentioned in the description.

Only 350 numbered and 26 lettered. I will say that it is a bit pricey for a 200-odd-page book, but I hope that means SubPress are making it a top-tier release.

https://subterraneanpress.com/burning-chrome

HBJ

louis2003b
01-07-2020, 11:40 AM
If anyone is looking for three body problem lettered

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F13 3296283556

NiceM
01-07-2020, 12:02 PM
If anyone is looking for three body problem lettered

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F13 3296283556

Your listing Louis?

louis2003b
01-07-2020, 02:03 PM
Yes sir.

NiceM
01-07-2020, 02:09 PM
Hope you make a good sale m8! Very very pricey, but beautiful books! If someone really wants them then price is no issue. Some crazies in this world buy lettered Malazans as well :)

George at C-Springs
02-06-2020, 05:58 PM
Just received a PayPal message that Subterranean has sent me a refund. There's no message or explanation provided, but it can only be for Joe Hill's Full Throttle … my assumption would be that they oversold it. Disappointing.

kingfan2323
02-06-2020, 06:55 PM
Just received a PayPal message that Subterranean has sent me a refund. There's no message or explanation provided, but it can only be for Joe Hill's Full Throttle … my assumption would be that they oversold it. Disappointing.If that's the case . . . Weird. It's not like it was flying off the shelf.

jeffingoff
02-06-2020, 06:57 PM
Just received a PayPal message that Subterranean has sent me a refund. There's no message or explanation provided, but it can only be for Joe Hill's Full Throttle … my assumption would be that they oversold it. Disappointing.If that's the case . . . Weird. It's not like it was flying off the shelf.

And there are still copies available on the SubPress site.

jeffingoff
02-06-2020, 07:00 PM

Oh well unless you’re talking about the lettered editions of course. In which case that is crappy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

George at C-Springs
02-06-2020, 07:19 PM
Just received a PayPal message that Subterranean has sent me a refund. There's no message or explanation provided, but it can only be for Joe Hill's Full Throttle … my assumption would be that they oversold it. Disappointing.

If that's the case . . . Weird. It's not like it was flying off the shelf.

Oh well unless you’re talking about the lettered editions of course. In which case that is crappy.

Mystery solved, and I humbly change my comment from "disappointing" to "Kudos!". Looks like I ordered it last August when it was first announced and then, not remembering that at all, ordered it again a few days ago. The refund was the second order, which SP correctly identified as a mistake (it helped that I added exactly the same number request to both orders) and cancelled.

So thank you SP!

kingfan2323
02-06-2020, 08:05 PM
Whew! Good to hear. Make sure you do not order a third!

ur2ndbiggestfan
02-07-2020, 06:44 AM
Sub Press once sent me a box of FREE books because one of their titles had been delayed for about a year. Can't beat that. And, one time, one time ONLY, they stuck a proof in a box in which I'd ordered one of their Bradbury titles for a friend, so of course I had to give the proof to my friend.
Anyway, that's what I call CUSTOMER SERVICE!

jsmcmullen92
02-10-2020, 08:26 PM
Sub Press once sent me a box of FREE books because one of their titles had been delayed for about a year. Can't beat that. And, one time, one time ONLY, they stuck a proof in a box in which I'd ordered one of their Bradbury titles for a friend, so of course I had to give the proof to my friend.
Anyway, that's what I call CUSTOMER SERVICE!Man think if other publishers did this. They would have no books left

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Hunchback Jack
02-11-2020, 10:20 AM
A blast from SubPress past! Saints, by Orson Scott Card, lettered edition, letter E/15.

I thought I'd share a few pics, as I'd never seen this edition before.

http://www.thedarktower.org/gallery/data/930/35B4D2A5-A4A4-4D27-B828-A531ED1B0CC7.jpeg

http://www.thedarktower.org/gallery/data/930/9D1C61BE-DB81-47BD-B122-29DFD2B32D61.jpeg

http://www.thedarktower.org/gallery/data/930/E7AAED2A-86C7-4547-94D8-B8DF894BCD22.jpeg

More pics in my non-King collection thread (http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/showthread.php?21564-Hunchback-Jack-Collection-non-King&p=1183966&viewfull=1#post1183966).

HBJ

jeffingoff
02-11-2020, 10:22 AM
WOW! That's heavenly! (see my pun? I put a pun there)

Randall Flagg
02-13-2020, 12:43 PM
Looks gorgeous.

peripheral
02-13-2020, 12:49 PM
That looks incredible!

Garrell
02-13-2020, 01:22 PM
Very nice edition!!!

Anubis2347
02-25-2020, 06:39 AM
For Sale:
The Wool Trilogy
Hugh Howey
Subterranean Press
Signed Numbered (matching number set) in the slipcase offered by Camelot Books.
Books and slipcase are all in Fine Unread condition.

If a member here buys it I will throw in the Rainbow Colored Arc's for Wool.

PM me if interested.

ladysai
03-26-2020, 07:17 AM
FREE E-book (in US) from SubPress!

https://twitter.com/SubPress/status/1242786315986493442?s=20

stroppygoblin
04-28-2020, 08:31 AM
Does anyone know if the PC copies of this included the tray case? Also any ideas on the numbers of PC's created?

Asking for a friend.

webstar1000
04-28-2020, 08:39 AM
Does anyone know if the PC copies of this included the tray case? Also any ideas on the numbers of PC's created?

Asking for a friend.

I cannot say for sure Simon BUT I did hear that somwhere... NO case issues for the left over PC copies. I have no idea how many there were either.

kingfan2323
05-06-2020, 04:55 PM
For Sale: Boy'Life S/L SOLD!

Also open to trade or trade+$ for
Stephen King S/L
And other titles (pm me if interested)
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200507/d665ddc9dd5486b50e95a814211f34f8.jpg

seeking: anything DT related #246

louis2003b
06-09-2020, 07:01 AM
Good Day,
I have partnered with Yegor Malinovskii to display his amazing photography on my website. If you have a moment I highly recommend taking a look at the Gallery page if you want to see beautiful photographs of gorgeous books. Would love to hear any opinions or improvements I can make on my forum page. Thanks!
https://www.harperwildeco.com/gallery

GenericEric
07-08-2020, 12:53 PM
Full Throttle had been out of stock for a few weeks now, but 2 days ago all sudden there was a quantity of 25 available.

I check again today and it says there's 39 available. I don't know if it's vendors canceling pre-orders or what it is, but that's a lot to become available again over the course of 2 days.

Garrell
07-08-2020, 01:32 PM
Just wish they would be finished and ship at some point.

burgerhicks80
07-08-2020, 01:45 PM
For Sale:
The Wool Trilogy
Hugh Howey
Subterranean Press
Signed Numbered (matching number set) in the slipcase offered by Camelot Books.
Books and slipcase are all in Fine Unread condition.

If a member here buys it I will throw in the Rainbow Colored Arc's for Wool.

PM me if interested.

pm sent

Hunchback Jack
07-08-2020, 02:49 PM

They've had trouble with their slipcase makers shutting down because of COVID. All their un-cased titles have shipped on time, but slipcased titles are delayed. A lot of lettered editions are also delayed due to no traycases.

SubPress are usually great about keeping to their original schedules; this is very unusual for them.

HBJ

GenericEric
07-16-2020, 07:26 AM

Just got the email that they just started shipping. I figured it had to be close.

Kingfan24
07-20-2020, 08:14 AM
Have some sub press books up for sale if anyone is interested!

Themis files signed limited matching set (#187) - all fine condition - $185 shipped in the US
Locke and Key - Keys to the Kingdom signed limited (#47) - $160 shipped in the US
The Dark Forest and Death's End Matching #'s (308) - $420 shipped in the US
The Scar (#219) and Iron Council (#117) - $325 shipped in the US.

Pictures available upon request!

Brian861
07-20-2020, 10:44 AM
Have some sub press books up for sale if anyone is interested!

Themis files signed limited matching set (#187) - all fine condition - $185 shipped in the US
Locke and Key - Keys to the Kingdom signed limited (#47) - $160 shipped in the US
The Dark Forest and Death's End Matching #'s (308) - $420 shipped in the US
The Scar (#219) and Iron Council (#117) - $325 shipped in the US.

Pictures available upon request!

That's a great price for Locke & Key.

Nemoh21
07-20-2020, 07:15 PM
I can’t really seem to find one for sale anywhere but if anyone is willing to part with a numbered copy of stories of your life and others by sub press please message me. I’m interested in a copy if you have one

George at C-Springs
07-21-2020, 08:57 PM
The new Full Throttle by Joe Hill showed up on my doorstep yesterday.

http://www.thedarktower.org/gallery/data/500/medium/20200721_225148.png

Dolan
07-22-2020, 02:39 AM
NICE! I got my shipping notification yesteday.

Brian861
07-22-2020, 05:18 AM
Congrats! No notice here yet.

Garrell
07-22-2020, 04:23 PM
No notice here yet either

Br!an
07-23-2020, 06:44 AM
:nope:

BadHatHarry
07-23-2020, 09:58 AM
Anyone know when Burning Chrome is being shipped?

lotuz
07-23-2020, 01:08 PM

As of like 2 weeks ago it was at the printer still and they had to redo the endpapers because they weren't up to spec so my guess is not for awhile yet (whether that is 3 months or next year I have absolutely no clue).

Ben Eads
07-23-2020, 03:03 PM
The new Full Throttle by Joe Hill showed up on my doorstep yesterday.

http://www.thedarktower.org/gallery/data/500/medium/20200721_225148.png

George,

Got my copy today! Yay! I'm comparing my signature sheet to yours, and it looks like the beginning of the signatures cannot be seen due to them being so close to the inside of the book. Can you confirm this? Thank you!

https://i.imgur.com/EE8ScHmh.jpg

GenericEric
07-23-2020, 03:31 PM
I love what they've done with that edition. Still waiting on my shipping notice!

Ben Eads
07-23-2020, 04:00 PM
Here is an updated photo of the full signature page. Looks like everyone's copy is a little like mine. The copy above has more text to the right. Cannot even see the full J in Hill's name, nor Dave's. I still cannot fathom how this got past production at Sub Press. Very disappointed.

https://i.imgur.com/Gn4Tr7Qh.jpg

GenericEric
07-23-2020, 05:23 PM
Not sure why they chose to have the signature lines all the way to the left of the page. Something like that could have been easily avoided.

Looks like when they got tipped in some came out unscathed while others got partially cut out.

Ben Eads
07-23-2020, 06:03 PM
Not sure why they chose to have the signature lines all the way to the left of the page. Something like that could have been easily avoided.

Looks like when they got tipped in some came out unscathed while others got partially cut out.

Yep. I'll email the press shortly. They're good about these things. Wish me luck!

BadHatHarry
07-23-2020, 08:33 PM

As of like 2 weeks ago it was at the printer still and they had to redo the endpapers because they weren't up to spec so my guess is not for awhile yet (whether that is 3 months or next year I have absolutely no clue).

Awesome. I guess. Thanks for the update - that’s one of the few non-King / Suntup books I’ve ordered recently.

Ben Eads
07-24-2020, 06:01 AM

Yep. I'll email the press shortly. They're good about these things. Wish me luck!

Just heard back from Bill at Sub Press. He's looked over a lot of copies and each one is like mine: The signature sheet cuts off a part of the Joe's first name as well as Dave's. Said he couldn't do anything about this. So, if you ordered a copy, be prepared. Sigh...

Joe315
07-24-2020, 07:19 AM
At least they didn’t take a sharpie to the slipcase because of a price change.

Ben Eads
07-24-2020, 07:24 AM
At least they didn’t take a sharpie to the slipcase because of a price change.

True!

MLG
07-24-2020, 08:13 AM

Just heard back from Bill at Sub Press. He's looked over a lot of copies and each one is like mine: The signature sheet cuts off a part of the Joe's first name as well as Dave's. Said he couldn't do anything about this. So, if you ordered a copy, be prepared. Sigh...

My sopy is schedule for delivery today. I personally have no issue with how the signature sheet is tipped in.

George at C-Springs
07-24-2020, 08:16 AM
George,

Got my copy today! Yay! I'm comparing my signature sheet to yours, and it looks like the beginning of the signatures cannot be seen due to them being so close to the inside of the book. Can you confirm this? Thank you!

Yeah, same here for McKean's signature; Hill's is just clear because he curled up on his J.

Ben Eads
07-24-2020, 08:22 AM

My sopy is schedule for delivery today. I personally have no issue with how the signature sheet is tipped in.

It is a beautiful book. I love what they did with making it wider. Love the artwork too. It gels very well.

Ben Eads
07-24-2020, 08:23 AM
George,

Yeah, same here for McKean's signature; Hill's is just clear because he curled up on his J.

Thanks for the heads up. =)

Garrell
07-24-2020, 08:33 AM
Still no shipping order, not happy

Ben Eads
07-24-2020, 08:40 AM
Still no shipping order, not happy

Maybe COVID19 is slowing things? Shoot them an email. Their customer service is good.

Garrell
07-24-2020, 08:42 AM
I just did because they show no order even though I paid for it and have an order number from them.

Ben Eads
07-24-2020, 09:59 AM
I just did because they show no order even though I paid for it and have an order number from them.

That's odd. Please keep us posted.

Dr. Dawg
07-24-2020, 10:17 AM

That's odd. Please keep us posted.

I don't have a shipping notice yet either. I assume that they are just working through the orders...

subpress
07-24-2020, 11:09 AM
Hey all,

Not around here much, but figured I should chime in about Full Throttle.

Shipping this one is taking far longer than anticipated. For precautionary reasons, we have only had one shipper in the warehouse this week, instead of two. We're currently interviewing to hire a third shipper, to get us up to our full complement.

World circumstances, as well as staying in contact with our attorneys to make certain we're in compliance with our governor's executive orders, and maintaining best practices for our employees, have really thrown a monkey wrench in the speed at which we're able to get books out the door. When you add the fact that postal services are not performing optimally, it adds up to a near perfect storm.

Thanks to everyone for their patience, as we adjust to constantly shipping conditions.

Best,

Bill

PS. If you have further questions or concerns, please shoot me an email at subpress@gmail.com.

MLG
07-24-2020, 01:20 PM
Received mine today and really like how it turned out. Fits well on the shelf next to The Weight of Words. I initially did not like the art but it has grown on me. Side note the signatures are fully visible on mine.

Ben Eads
07-24-2020, 02:29 PM
Received mine today and really like how it turned out. Fits well on the shelf next to The Weight of Words. I initially did not like the art but it has grown on me. Side note the signatures are fully visible on mine.

Nice! The art had to grow on me too. Now it's one of my favorites. Glad to hear your signatures are fully visible.

George at C-Springs
07-24-2020, 03:02 PM
Like the book despite the sig page issue; the shape and weight struck me right away as different, and I like different. Love the art too. Nice publication.

Ben Eads
07-24-2020, 03:20 PM
Like the book despite the sig page issue; the shape and weight struck me right away as different, and I like different. Love the art too. Nice publication.

Exactly! I love how SP did something different. And, after reading through it a little, it really brings more to the stories. An atmosphere.

Garrell
07-24-2020, 06:05 PM
They emailed me back quickly and they are getting to them.

Brian861
07-24-2020, 06:07 PM
They emailed me back quickly and they are getting to them.

I can't remember if I ordered direct or through a third-party :doh: Nothing in my email folders but I know I ordered this thing, maybe.......

GenericEric
07-24-2020, 06:20 PM
I was kinda late with my pre-order. I didn't order until June 1st.

So I'm sure it'll still be a little while before they get to me.

louis2003b
07-24-2020, 06:21 PM
There are still a couple Full Throttles limited editions available on the preorders page. I imagine prices will go up on them once they are in hand

https://www.harperwildeco.com/product-page/full-throttle-by-joe-hill

burgerhicks80
07-27-2020, 09:53 AM
#ISO All clear by Connie Willis #402

Munnecom
07-30-2020, 09:22 AM
#%*^!

Nemoh21
08-06-2020, 08:12 AM
Anyone here able to grab a copy of the crippled god this morning from subpress? I see it sold out in like 15 minutes

Hunchback Jack
08-06-2020, 08:27 AM
Wow, that's amazing. The earlier volumes in the series used to be available for weeks.

Black Miau
08-06-2020, 12:45 PM
Anyone here able to grab a copy of the crippled god this morning from subpress? I see it sold out in like 15 minutes

Was a Lettered Edition available? I fell asleep.

Nemoh21
08-06-2020, 01:01 PM

Lettered was available for maybe 5 minutes?? I don’t i was checking out with the numbered and by the time I was done it was sold out. But there was at least some available.

Black Miau
08-06-2020, 08:40 PM

Lettered was available for maybe 5 minutes?? I don’t i was checking out with the numbered and by the time I was done it was sold out. But there was at least some available.

damn!

Ricky
08-07-2020, 01:46 PM
After being stuck in DC for a few days, my copy of Full Throttle finally made it to my local post office. Now, let's see when it actually gets to my house. Our mail delivery has been incredibly spotty since Corona.

Splync
08-07-2020, 02:38 PM
After being stuck in DC for a few days, my copy of Full Throttle finally made it to my local post office. Now, let's see when it actually gets to my house. Our mail delivery has been incredibly spotty since Corona.

Best of luck and may you hopefully have a full signature!

Dolan
08-09-2020, 06:11 PM
Anyone selling a copy of Silence of the Lambs lettered by SubPress? I'm looking.

swintek
08-10-2020, 12:34 PM

Anyone have a pic- or can point to one on FB- of this issue? Mine seems fine, but would be curious to see how bad some of these are.

Splync
08-10-2020, 12:35 PM
Anyone selling a copy of Silence of the Lambs lettered by SubPress? I'm looking.

There's one on eBay for 2k. No idea if that's a good price or not though...

Br!an
08-10-2020, 01:38 PM

Anyone have a pic- or can point to one on FB- of this issue? Mine seems fine, but would be curious to see how bad some of these are.

There are pics earlier in the thread. https://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/showthread.php?3727-Subterranean-Press-discussion-thread&p=1209449&viewfull=1#post1209449

swintek
08-10-2020, 02:52 PM

There are pics earlier in the thread. https://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/showthread.php?3727-Subterranean-Press-discussion-thread&p=1209449&viewfull=1#post1209449

Oh. Embarrassed to have missed that- one page back! Thanks. Eh', this doesn't appear too big a deal to me. Mine's a little like those and thought it was fine. More importantly- the book is astoundingly beautiful. My favorite book of the year so far (But, I'm currently looking at the Centipede box on my bar with the Falling Angel set in, and Suntup's RED DRAGON en route- so- Big Books still in the running!).

mikeyw
08-11-2020, 05:39 AM
Ive managed to end up with 2 copies of the Limited Edition Joe Hill Full Throttle - I ordered one and my wife bought me one as a present not knowing i'd already bagged one...! So, especially if you are in the UK I would love for it to find a new home. The lovely guys at Sub will take it back for a credit but seems a shame to shell out alot to ship it back if there are UK or Euro fans who might like it - sealed and still boxed!!!

Ricky
08-11-2020, 08:49 AM
Got my copy of Full Throttle today! I like the "wide" design of the book and the feel of the DJ. Very cool. My copy does not have the signature issue that some have said. The edges of my slipcase are frayed, though, with some of the threads loose and peeling away, so I e-mailed them to see about a possible replacement. Fingers crossed.

Ricky
08-11-2020, 02:40 PM
In a matter of minutes, Sub Press responded to my e-mail, told me to keep the old slipcover, and confirmed that they'll send me out a replacement one. And it was shipped today. Extremely happy with such a positive and painless customer service experience!

swintek
08-11-2020, 03:39 PM
Nice! Glad Bill's taking care of it so swiftly. And glad also that you like the square design- me, too. I gather some folks might be a little weirded out by it at first, but I welcome it. Especially on a book so artfully designed from the ground up. I still say it's in the running for the coolest book of the year, so far.

GenericEric
08-11-2020, 04:22 PM
In a matter of minutes, Sub Press responded to my e-mail, told me to keep the old slipcover, and confirmed that they'll send me out a replacement one. And it was shipped today. Extremely happy with such a positive and painless customer service experience!

Mine has that same problem with the threads coming loose. I'll email them about it too.

GenericEric
08-17-2020, 08:41 AM
Just got my replacement slipcase for Full Throttle today. They were very fast with taking care of this and shipping it out.

SubPress has great customer service.

Brian861
08-17-2020, 09:12 AM
Just got my replacement slipcase for Full Throttle today. They were very fast with taking care of this and shipping it out.

SubPress has great customer service.

Great to know they took care of you, Eric.

BadHatHarry
08-31-2020, 08:12 AM
Looks like Burning Chrome is shipping this week. Super excited about that!

GenericEric
08-31-2020, 04:01 PM
I've been wanting to get The Wolf's Hour for quite some time now, but was unwilling to pay $500+ for one. I hadn't seen any copies of it below $500. Most were in the range of $550-$750

Decided to check ebay again and there just so happened to be one for $375 so I didn't hesitate. He also had the limited edition of Mister Slaughter for $90 but I was a few seconds too slow on that one.

I'm glad I was able to finally get The Wolf's Hour at a pretty good price though.

Hunchback Jack
08-31-2020, 05:01 PM
He had a bunch of the Matthew Corbett S/Ls for sale, most for list or under. They were great deals, whoever got them. Thanks for the heads up.

HBJ

GenericEric
09-01-2020, 11:01 AM
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Robert-McCammon-Swan-Song-Signed-Limited-Hardcover-Ed-in-Slipcase/174417588015?hash=item289c192f2f:g:vf8AAOSwPllfTn1 f

If anyone is looking for the limited edition Swan Song here's one for $375. Cheapest I've seen in a long time.

Anubis2347
10-13-2020, 06:32 AM
Anyone interested in the below:

Subterranean Press - Signed and Numbered limited edition
Carlos Ruiz Zafon
Shadow of the Wind
Angel's Game
Prisoner of Heaven
The Labyrinth of the Spirits

All books are like new (unread) and the dust jackets are protected by a mylar protector.

If interested please PM me your best offer.

BigJoeHillfan
10-14-2020, 06:35 PM
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Robert-McCammon-Swan-Song-Signed-Limited-Hardcover-Ed-in-Slipcase/174417588015?hash=item289c192f2f:g:vf8AAOSwPllfTn1 f

If anyone is looking for the limited edition Swan Song here's one for $375. Cheapest I've seen in a long time.

Sold for $250. Seller must have lowered the price. Good deal!!

GenericEric
10-14-2020, 07:09 PM

Sold for $250. Seller must have lowered the price. Good deal!!

Seller ended up selling it to me bundled with a matching number of Boy's Life for $600.

That same seller also sold an S/L of Mister Slaughter for only $90 bucks! That's a crazy deal considering one sold on ebay not that long ago for over $500.

I have a feeling he didn't do his research before listing that one. Someone got a hell of a deal.

lotuz
10-19-2020, 08:21 AM
Teaser: an overdue photo-essay collab should be coming up soon...

You can probably guess which book :wink:

lotuz
10-19-2020, 10:32 AM
Hello everybodeeeeeee!!

Today I’d like to talk a lot about Full Throttle, the lettered edition of which was put into the world recently by Subterranean Press.

This book got a lot of hype when it was released a couple of weeks ago (for a very good reason!) but I feel like to some extent the book itself got lost in all the talk about one particular page – missing the forest for a tree, as it were. And it really is a very nice production. So, to remedy this, let’s take a holistic look at this edition, with much-needed (and greatly appreciated) photography from ym2000. I think these pictures do it more than enough justice but it’s a recent favorite of mine, so here are some words about it:

As always, we’ll start on the outside and work our way in.

First – the traycase. Without question, the first thing you notice with this case is the interesting and VERY bold color scheme. Teal and orange are not necessarily two tastes that you might want to taste together… But, I have to say: it works. On two levels, actually! First: the colors are both specific callbacks to themes in the interior design and the stories themselves, so using them as the main design colors was both brave and honest to the rest of the material.Second: tying these colors together aesthetically is no small feat, and they get a handy assist in the form of some world-class hand-marbled endpapers.

https://i.imgur.com/GaQRHbI.jpg

The traycase is teal, with orange leather spine labels, and there was an excellent decision to use black cloth for the sides and fore-edge of the case. Teal or orange would have really pushed it and it might have been too much. The black tones it down a little – every piece matters!

https://i.imgur.com/Bg1kMy8.jpg

Inside the traycase is another great feature, made even better by the interesting dimensions of the book: the remarque! The McKean remarques are duotone, (mostly) black and (some) teal, matching the interior design of the book. There is a raised frame of sorts built into the case, keeping the remarque and book separated (though it never hurts to add a thin, acid-free barrier such as glassine, of your own). Given the boldness of the colors on the traycase and book, this was a better feature than the more common marbled interior front board, I think. It’s a neat way to have a remarque included that is actually displayable! And because of the dark colors it doesn’t compete with, or overdo, the book it faces.

https://i.imgur.com/Df1HD6K.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/0201jfK.jpg

Onto the book itself!

The first notable element is the shape (which is the same as the numbered). It’s an unusual trim size – any square, not just this particular size – not just for Sub Press, but for most of the small genre presses. And for most presses in general, it turns out! Square books just aren’t very common. Most books that don’t fit the standard proportion are books that simply rotate it 90 degrees and are deeper than they are tall. Maybe there is a collectible sub-genre that has a lot of them? It’s a common size in toddler books, the ones with the thick cardboard pages, at least, and probably somebody collects those. But for those who don’t recognize the name “Sandra Boynton” square books are probably a very small percentage of your collection… Anyway – different! Notable!

The second thing you notice is the color and design –the colors are the same orange and teal from the traycase, but with more orange here as the leather component of a quarter leather binding design. And – absolutely the right call, hands down – no dustjacket on this one.

https://i.imgur.com/qiRnvGr.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/okazSPN.jpg

Now, where do these colors come from? I mentioned at the beginning that I think they’re very intentional colors that come from different elements and needed a deft design to harmonize. The teal started somewhere with the first iteration of the book – the cover of the US first edition is done in duotone black and teal on a tan background. The numbered Sub Press edition leaned into a teal palette pretty heavily, as does the interior of the lettered edition. Some with bluer or greener hues, and some bang-on (like the marbled endpapers). And this is a harder color to catch an honest glimpse of in photographs! In all of the previous photographs of this, the teal has looked too light to me, the orange a bit, too – much more washed out than in person. So THANK YOU ym2000 for bringing these true colors to light here!

https://i.imgur.com/6v4LEY7.jpg

The orange took me a minute. I didn’t recognize it at first. I thought it was a bold combination, that it was tied together well (by a specific element we’ll talk about in a minute), but I didn’t quite understand. Then it hit me - the orange is from the Harley-Davidson logo! I’m sure the actual RGB color combination is like trademarked proprietary Harley-Davidson property or something but this is close enough to be a clear homage, and to tie in just perfectly with the strong bike motif. This was a risky, but very clever choice! Admirable!

There’s another element here that deserves some attention, a small black stamp on the front board. This stamp, combined with the luxurious leather (more on this later) really harkened back to another Sub Press classic to me: the lettered Silence of the Lambs. Same super-soft leather (different palette and half-bound), but a nice, relatively simple, single-color stamp. It’s is a small building block that brings the books together and adds an extra touch to the boards without in any way detracting from the other pieces.

https://i.imgur.com/cKgvXJp.jpg

When you do pick up the book, you can start to appreciate the materials. Earlier I noted the quarter leather binding. What I didn’t include, because we were more focused on color choice and shape in that paragraph, was that this is a wonderfully soft leather – excellent quality. A leap above and beyond the leather in the standard lettered releases and fully justifying an extra digit on the price tag. Calf leather, maybe? I don’t think it’s goatskin, because of the texture (though I could be, and often am, wrong!). But – wow – is it soft... And it’s a relatively thick book, quarter-bound, so the heft combined with the texture makes it very nice to hold, especially if you have big enough hands that you can comfortably support the spine.

I’m going to do something I normally don’t do – post the same picture again – but before I was talking about the colors, and this time try to focus your attention on the leather. Check out the grain!

Now – let’s open it up and check out the interior!

The most important part of the interior, in terms of the aesthetics of this book, are the magnificent hand-marbled endpapers. These are superior works of art on their own – and they should be, given that they were produced by the premier English marbler Jemma Lewis and imported.

https://i.imgur.com/PUQc4vQ.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/Mz67g7N.jpg

This particular type of marbling (Turkish, or something very similar, like Dahlia) serves this book perfectly. Some types of marbling involve the use of combs or swirling to mix the colors, and most of these types end up with a color distribution that is relatively evenly spread. Take out any square centimeter and you are likely to see all the colors involved. The bouquet pattern on the lettered Red Dragon from Suntup Editions is a good example of this. But the Turkish pattern allows for large globular chunks of the primary color, in this case teal, to stay intact, while the secondary colors swirl around it.

https://i.imgur.com/Pb9K78P.jpg

The teal in these endpapers connects the exterior to the interior and makes this a much more cohesive concept. The red, yellow, black, and white, which make up the secondary swirls, give us a wider palette of oranges, some lighter than the Harley-Davidson orange, some darker, and the black gives us another connection to the interior of the book and the art, which do not feature the orange. I’ve seen lots of great uses of marbled paper recently, but this one is notable for how well it ties the interior and exterior elements together – it’s a necessity, in my opinion, for making this book stand out the way it does.

https://i.imgur.com/A9Z45kL.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/HDiupNM.jpg

As we move further into the interior we see a nice pictorial limitation page – always a treat:

https://i.imgur.com/D2dCZsR.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/X2KyVhH.jpg

And some great interior art!

https://i.imgur.com/lpwsd0A.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/opHBw5p.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/8BtWYA1.jpg

Then, there are very neat story headers – abstract additions of color that sometimes reach down into the text:

https://i.imgur.com/uiJesTA.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/lA8s8Mf.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/Gp7Qbr6.jpg

Before we talk about the final piece here, let’s pause a moment for a bibliographic note: this is a short story collection. As is typical for short story collections (in the King family at least), many of these stories have been previously published in various magazines and collections, and a few had not. Two of the stories were written with a collaborator. It is with this other collaborator that Subterranean Press pulled off a magnificent surprise: a bonus signature sheet in the lettered edition only! This was not announced in advance, nor during production, nor even in the shipping notice. It only came to light as the lucky buyers received their books! And it might not have been nearly as widely known, until Camelot Books received their copies and sent out news to their extensive email list. This, of course, started a stampede from King collectors to try to track down copies, as King’s signature has become more and more elusive in the last years.

https://i.imgur.com/VwW5VZ6.jpg

I’ll end with this note: this was simply a beautiful gesture and a wonderful gift that Sub Press provided to the pre-order purchasers, unlike anything else I’ve heard of recently (the only similar thing I can think of is some Suntup Edition books that had materials and designs upgraded after the fact at no extra cost to the buyers). If this had not been included, the book would have still held up excellently, given the design, remarque, and fantastic materials. If this had been stated in advance, it would have sold out immediately and could have commanded a much higher price. And it most certainly would have ended up almost exclusively in the hands of King collectors. Whereas, in this case, it was a generous gift to Sub Press customers who dropped $1500 based on the strength of the lettered releases at this price point and the fans of the author alone. Now, I certainly don’t begrudge the King collecting community descending on this book so quickly and intensely - it’s what they collect! And it’s a very pretty book! But make no mistake: this was a gift, a very generous one, to a small subset of 26 Sub Press collectors. May Bill and crew reap their proper karmic rewards!

Thank you, Bill!

:clap::clap::clap:

webstar1000
10-19-2020, 10:53 AM
Hello everybodeeeeeee!!

Today I’d like to talk a lot about Full Throttle, the lettered edition of which was put into the world recently by Subterranean Press.

This book got a lot of hype when it was released a couple of weeks ago (for a very good reason!) but I feel like to some extent the book itself got lost in all the talk about one particular page – missing the forest for a tree, as it were. And it really is a very nice production. So, to remedy this, let’s take a holistic look at this edition, with much-needed (and greatly appreciated) photography from ym2000. I think these pictures do it more than enough justice but it’s a recent favorite of mine, so here are some words about it:

As always, we’ll start on the outside and work our way in.

First – the traycase. Without question, the first thing you notice with this case is the interesting and VERY bold color scheme. Teal and orange are not necessarily two tastes that you might want to taste together… But, I have to say: it works. On two levels, actually! First: the colors are both specific callbacks to themes in the interior design and the stories themselves, so using them as the main design colors was both brave and honest to the rest of the material.Second: tying these colors together aesthetically is no small feat, and they get a handy assist in the form of some world-class hand-marbled endpapers.

https://i.imgur.com/GaQRHbI.jpg

The traycase is teal, with orange leather spine labels, and there was an excellent decision to use black cloth for the sides and fore-edge of the case. Teal or orange would have really pushed it and it might have been too much. The black tones it down a little – every piece matters!

https://i.imgur.com/Bg1kMy8.jpg

Inside the traycase is another great feature, made even better by the interesting dimensions of the book: the remarque! The McKean remarques are duotone, (mostly) black and (some) teal, matching the interior design of the book. There is a raised frame of sorts built into the case, keeping the remarque and book separated (though it never hurts to add a thin, acid-free barrier such as glassine, of your own). Given the boldness of the colors on the traycase and book, this was a better feature than the more common marbled interior front board, I think. It’s a neat way to have a remarque included that is actually displayable! And because of the dark colors it doesn’t compete with, or overdo, the book it faces.

https://i.imgur.com/Df1HD6K.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/0201jfK.jpg

Onto the book itself!

The first notable element is the shape (which is the same as the numbered). It’s an unusual trim size – any square, not just this particular size – not just for Sub Press, but for most of the small genre presses. And for most presses in general, it turns out! Square books just aren’t very common. Most books that don’t fit the standard proportion are books that simply rotate it 90 degrees and are deeper than they are tall. Maybe there is a collectible sub-genre that has a lot of them? It’s a common size in toddler books, the ones with the thick cardboard pages, at least, and probably somebody collects those. But for those who don’t recognize the name “Sandra Boynton” square books are probably a very small percentage of your collection… Anyway – different! Notable!

The second thing you notice is the color and design –the colors are the same orange and teal from the traycase, but with more orange here as the leather component of a quarter leather binding design. And – absolutely the right call, hands down – no dustjacket on this one.

https://i.imgur.com/okazSPN.jpg

Now, where do these colors come from? I mentioned at the beginning that I think they’re very intentional colors that come from different elements and needed a deft design to harmonize. The teal started somewhere with the first iteration of the book – the cover of the US first edition is done in duotone black and teal on a tan background. The numbered Sub Press edition leaned into a teal palette pretty heavily, as does the interior of the lettered edition. Some with bluer or greener hues, and some bang-on (like the marbled endpapers). And this is a harder color to catch an honest glimpse of in photographs! In all of the previous photographs of this, the teal has looked too light to me, the orange a bit, too – much more washed out than in person. So THANK YOU ym2000 for bringing these true colors to light here!

https://i.imgur.com/6v4LEY7.jpg

The orange took me a minute. I didn’t recognize it at first. I thought it was a bold combination, that it was tied together well (by a specific element we’ll talk about in a minute), but I didn’t quite understand. Then it hit me - the orange is from the Harley-Davidson logo! I’m sure the actual RGB color combination is like trademarked proprietary Harley-Davidson property or something but this is close enough to be a clear homage, and to tie in just perfectly with the strong bike motif. This was a risky, but very clever choice! Admirable!

There’s another element here that deserves some attention, a small black stamp on the front board. This stamp, combined with the luxurious leather (more on this later) really harkened back to another Sub Press classic to me: the lettered Silence of the Lambs. Same super-soft leather (different palette and half-bound), but a nice, relatively simple, single-color stamp. It’s is a small building block that brings the books together and adds an extra touch to the boards without in any way detracting from the other pieces.

https://i.imgur.com/cKgvXJp.jpg

When you do pick up the book, you can start to appreciate the materials. Earlier I noted the quarter leather binding. What I didn’t include, because we were more focused on color choice and shape in that paragraph, was that this is a wonderfully soft leather – excellent quality. A leap above and beyond the leather in the standard lettered releases and fully justifying an extra digit on the price tag. Calf leather, maybe? I don’t think it’s goatskin, because of the texture (though I could be, and often am, wrong!). But – wow – is it soft... And it’s a relatively thick book, quarter-bound, so the heft combined with the texture makes it very nice to hold, especially if you have big enough hands that you can comfortably support the spine.

I’m going to do something I normally don’t do – post the same picture again – but before I was talking about the colors, and this time try to focus your attention on the leather. Check out the grain!

Now – let’s open it up and check out the interior!

The most important part of the interior, in terms of the aesthetics of this book, are the magnificent hand-marbled endpapers. These are superior works of art on their own – and they should be, given that they were produced by the premier English marbler Jemma Lewis and imported.

https://i.imgur.com/PUQc4vQ.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/Mz67g7N.jpg

This particular type of marbling (Turkish, or something very similar, like Dahlia) serves this book perfectly. Some types of marbling involve the use of combs or swirling to mix the colors, and most of these types end up with a color distribution that is relatively evenly spread. Take out any square centimeter and you are likely to see all the colors involved. The bouquet pattern on the lettered Red Dragon from Suntup Editions is a good example of this. But the Turkish pattern allows for large globular chunks of the primary color, in this case teal, to stay intact, while the secondary colors swirl around it.

https://i.imgur.com/Pb9K78P.jpg

The teal in these endpapers connects the exterior to the interior and makes this a much more cohesive concept. The red, yellow, black, and white, which make up the secondary swirls, give us a wider palette of oranges, some lighter than the Harley-Davidson orange, some darker, and the black gives us another connection to the interior of the book and the art, which do not feature the orange. I’ve seen lots of great uses of marbled paper recently, but this one is notable for how well it ties the interior and exterior elements together – it’s a necessity, in my opinion, for making this book stand out the way it does.

https://i.imgur.com/A9Z45kL.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/HDiupNM.jpg

As we move further into the interior we see a nice pictorial limitation page – always a treat:

https://i.imgur.com/D2dCZsR.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/X2KyVhH.jpg

And some great interior art!

https://i.imgur.com/lpwsd0A.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/opHBw5p.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/8BtWYA1.jpg

Then, there are very neat story headers – abstract additions of color that sometimes reach down into the text:

https://i.imgur.com/uiJesTA.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/lA8s8Mf.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/Gp7Qbr6.jpg

Before we talk about the final piece here, let’s pause a moment for a bibliographic note: this is a short story collection. As is typical for short story collections (in the King family at least), many of these stories have been previously published in various magazines and collections, and a few had not. Two of the stories were written with a collaborator. It is with this other collaborator that Subterranean Press pulled off a magnificent surprise: a bonus signature sheet in the lettered edition only! This was not announced in advance, nor during production, nor even in the shipping notice. It only came to light as the lucky buyers received their books! And it might not have been nearly as widely known, until Camelot Books received their copies and sent out news to their extensive email list. This, of course, started a stampede from King collectors to try to track down copies, as King’s signature has become more and more elusive in the last years.

https://i.imgur.com/VwW5VZ6.jpg

I’ll end with this note: this was simply a beautiful gesture and a wonderful gift that Sub Press provided to the pre-order purchasers, unlike anything else I’ve heard of recently (the only similar thing I can think of is some Suntup Edition books that had materials and designs upgraded after the fact at no extra cost to the buyers). If this had not been included, the book would have still held up excellently, given the design, remarque, and fantastic materials. If this had been stated in advance, it would have sold out immediately and could have commanded a much higher price. And it most certainly would have ended up almost exclusively in the hands of King collectors. Whereas, in this case, it was a generous gift to Sub Press customers who dropped $1500 based on the strength of the lettered releases at this price point and the fans of the author alone. Now, I certainly don’t begrudge the King collecting community descending on this book so quickly and intensely - it’s what they collect! And it’s a very pretty book! But make no mistake: this was a gift, a very generous one, to a small subset of 26 Sub Press collectors. May Bill and crew reap their proper karmic rewards!

Thank you, Bill!

:clap::clap::clap:

WOW. Great review and one I would love to own my man:)

herbertwest
10-19-2020, 11:50 AM
Stunning pictures and great review!
I wondered who discovered the signature first, and if all the buyers of the lettered opened the books when recieved or if some people may not have heard about King's signature if it wasn't revealed !

Br!an
10-19-2020, 12:49 PM
Beautiful book.

Garrell
10-19-2020, 01:11 PM
Best looking book they have done, I have the GE and it is also beautiful!!!

kingfan2323
10-19-2020, 09:16 PM
Thanks a lot for the review (that does not seem a strong enough term for what you do), Tim.

Beautifuly done and seems like a great book.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

shaq
10-20-2020, 03:43 AM
I love those reviews and that is a phenomenal looking book

jon10g
10-20-2020, 06:17 AM
Fantastic!

MikeDuke
10-20-2020, 06:31 AM
Agree. An awesome review. Like always. Plus the book looks like a great production.

jeffingoff
10-20-2020, 06:40 AM
Your reviews are even better than owning the book. It's a master class in book appreciation. Thank you!

cit74
10-20-2020, 06:57 AM
Anyone willing to part with Sub Press the Blade itself?

GenericEric
10-20-2020, 09:05 AM
Subterranean Press really knocked it out of the park with both editions of Full Throttle. Thank you for that great review!

Black Miau
10-20-2020, 05:32 PM
Fantastic Review! Awesome Pictures!

richardsrarebooks
10-20-2020, 06:08 PM
Any idea when the grab bags will be shipping? We were told this week.

lotuz
10-23-2020, 10:12 AM
Thanks for the kind words, everybody :)

And another shout out to ym2000 for greatly improving my words by allowing me to accompany them with his pictures!

I'm not sure what's next but I'm really enjoying these and hope to do another one or two before the year is out.

Br!an
10-23-2020, 11:06 AM
Thanks for the kind words, everybody :)

And another shout out to ym2000 for greatly improving my words by allowing me to accompany them with his pictures!

I'm not sure what's next but I'm really enjoying these and hope to do another one or two before the year is out.

I appreciate both of your efforts. These are professional level reviews. Kudos! :thumbsup:

herbertwest
11-03-2020, 03:51 AM
Does anyone have the Subterranean Press limited edition of "Stephen King Goes to the Movies"?

Thanks

RichardX
11-03-2020, 07:10 AM
Looking forward to reading the new CJ Tudor book which has apparently shipped. Her prior books were entertaining.

webstar1000
11-03-2020, 07:11 AM
That MurderBots release yesterday... anyone get in on that? Sold out in minutes.

Stockerlone
11-03-2020, 07:22 AM
Does anyone have the Subterranean Press limited edition of "Stephen King Goes to the Movies"?

Thanks

Yes...

jeffingoff
11-03-2020, 07:42 AM
Looking forward to reading the new CJ Tudor book which has apparently shipped. Her prior books were entertaining.

You’re a far more forgiving reader than I.

Hunchback Jack
11-03-2020, 09:33 AM
That MurderBots release yesterday... anyone get in on that? Sold out in minutes.

I saw the announcement but didn’t go for it. I don’t know the author or her work, so I left it for those who do.

webstar1000
11-03-2020, 09:36 AM

I saw the announcement but didn’t go for it. I don’t know the author or her work, so I left it for those who do.

I have heard such good things... I got it. $150 was cheap I thought.

RC65
11-03-2020, 09:42 AM

I did, but it was a total impulse buy, which definitely isn’t like me. I hadn’t even heard of the series until Subterranean’s email last week, but I’ve really, really been in the mood for accessible, thrilling, humor-tinged sci-fi with humanity and heart — and I’ve exhausted Scalzi’s offerings — and this seemed to fit the bill perfectly, based on the many reviews I read. If I don’t like it it should be pretty easy to flip.

lotuz
11-03-2020, 02:44 PM

I did, but it was a total impulse buy, which definitely isn’t like me. I hadn’t even heard of the series until Subterranean’s email last week, but I’ve really, really been in the mood for accessible, thrilling, humor-tinged sci-fi with humanity and heart — and I’ve exhausted Scalzi’s offerings — and this seemed to fit the bill perfectly, based on the many reviews I read. If I don’t like it it should be pretty easy to flip.

I love this description of Scalzi's stuff and feel the same way! And I also hope that MurderBots fits the bill :)

kingfan2323
12-14-2020, 09:19 PM
ALL 5 BOOKS ARE READY TO SHIP NOW
$1400
THREE BODY PROBLEM Sub Press
Three Body Problem
Dark Forest
Death's End
Supernovo Era
The Redemption of Time https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20201215/e0c0de601ab8aae90214dc312ccd94eb.jpg

GenericEric
01-09-2021, 03:36 PM
This beautiful edition of A Little Hatred by Joe Abercrombie arrived today!

https://i.imgur.com/zLgqgAZ.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/BeMq0Xi.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/G8P7zDO.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/XwGQQQy.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/FXHmrxd.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/y7stRxR.jpg

GenericEric
01-18-2021, 09:17 PM
For Sale: Heart-Shaped Box Deluxe Edition 2nd Printing from Subterranean Press. SOLD

PM if interested. PayPal F&F. Price includes shipping within US. International shipping at cost.

kingfan2323
01-29-2021, 06:20 PM
If anyone has BURNING CHROME #183 I would love to trade. I, ironically enough, have #182. Thought it would be cool if it matched my Neuromancer Number. Would Appreciate the help. Thx

GenericEric
01-31-2021, 06:39 PM
For Sale: Swan Song Subterranean Press Signed Limited Edition #90/500 ***$475***

Brand New unread condition . Price includes shipping within US. International shipping at cost. Payment via PayPal

Hunchback Jack
01-31-2021, 07:01 PM
If anyone has BURNING CHROME #183 I would love to trade. I, ironically enough, have #182. Thought it would be cool if it matched my Neuromancer Number. Would Appreciate the help. Thx

I checked my copy, but don’t have that number, I’m afraid.

kingfan2323
01-31-2021, 07:18 PM

I checked my copy, but don’t have that number, I’m afraid.So cool you checked! Thanks. My mini-collecting dream is to have someones number to help them out.

JeremyM
02-01-2021, 11:02 AM
Anyone here happen to have both a numbered and lettered 'Burning Chrome'? Curious as to differences & quality of the lettered vs numbered - same paper on both? Bonded leather on the binding? Appreciate any insight folks might have.

chrise
02-01-2021, 05:28 PM
Anyone here happen to have both a numbered and lettered 'Burning Chrome'? Curious as to differences & quality of the lettered vs numbered - same paper on both? Bonded leather on the binding? Appreciate any insight folks might have.

They're both really nice, in my opinion, but SubPress did a really nice job upgrading the lettered.
The page block is the same, but the lettered is quarter bound in high quality leather and hand-marbled paper.

GenericEric
02-04-2021, 04:47 PM
For Sale: Full Throttle Subterranean Press Limited Edition #227. Signed by Hill and the artist Dave McKean. ***$250***

Brand New unread condition. PM if interested. PayPal F&F. Price includes shipping within US. International shipping at cost. SOLD

burgerhicks80
02-08-2021, 06:40 AM
Doomsday Book by Connie Willis available now limited to 350 signed copies. a great Scifi novel. and the first of a series

Hunchback Jack
02-08-2021, 06:58 AM
A landmark novel. Lettered edition sold out in about 7 minutes.

burgerhicks80
02-08-2021, 07:04 AM

also a Hugo,Nebula and locust award winner!

Hunchback Jack
02-08-2021, 07:05 PM

Only 12 copies of the numbered left!

burgerhicks80
02-09-2021, 05:56 AM

Only 12 copies of the numbered left!

how do you see how many copies are left?

Ari_Racing
02-09-2021, 06:10 AM
You add a lot of copies to your cart and try to proceed with the purchase. It'll show you.

burgerhicks80
02-09-2021, 06:59 AM
You add a lot of copies to your cart and try to proceed with the purchase. It'll show you.

got it! only 6 copies left BTW

GenericEric
02-12-2021, 09:36 AM
https://subterraneanpress.com/pc-sale

SubPress PC sale still going on right now. Ends tomorrow I think.

Anubis2347
02-20-2021, 11:47 AM
Also for sale...

Subterranean Press - THE SHINING - gift edition.
Book and slipcase are in like new condition.

If interested message me and i'll send more pictures.
https://pics.cdn.librarything.com//picsizes/8f/18/8f18fa0035dd19e636b2f677841434c41716b42_v5.jpg

averagegatsby
02-21-2021, 11:14 AM
I'm really sorry if this is the wrong place to ask, but I have a query: generally, is there much difference between a lettered edition and a numbered edition besides the quantity available and the clamshell box? For example, I'm really interested in the Gentleman Bastard series, but I can't seem to see what the difference is between the lettered and numbered.

Br!an
02-21-2021, 05:52 PM
I'm really sorry if this is the wrong place to ask, but I have a query: generally, is there much difference between a lettered edition and a numbered edition besides the quantity available and the clamshell box? For example, I'm really interested in the Gentleman Bastard series, but I can't seem to see what the difference is between the lettered and numbered.

Sometimes the only difference is the designation. Usually the lettered will use more premium techniques and materials, e.g hand marbled endpapers, higher quality paper stock, letterpress printing, additional content and/or signatures, additional artwork, etc..

I can't answer your specific question as regards the Gentleman Bastard series. However, you can certainly expect the books to be in line with other Subterranean editions. A quick query to SubPress will probably provide your answers.

Merlin1958
02-21-2021, 07:09 PM

Generally, $1,000-$4,000 and the limitation. LOL

Hunchback Jack
02-22-2021, 06:25 PM
I’ve never seen a SubPress release where the only difference between the lettered and numbered releases was the traycase. There is almost always a difference in both binding and boards - even if the dustjacket is the same - and often a difference in paper stock.

The one exception is that they have done chapbook or broadsheet releases where the difference is just the designation. But those are exceedingly infrequent.

averagegatsby
02-24-2021, 01:59 PM

Sometimes the only difference is the designation. Usually the lettered will use more premium techniques and materials, e.g hand marbled endpapers, higher quality paper stock, letterpress printing, additional content and/or signatures, additional artwork, etc..

I can't answer your specific question as regards the Gentleman Bastard series. However, you can certainly expect the books to be in line with other Subterranean editions. A quick query to SubPress will probably provide your answers.

Thank you very much for your answer, it's nice to know that the lettered editions tend to use more premium techniques. I've had a chat with someone on this forum and they did a thorough job of explaining the differences between the lettered and numbered.

averagegatsby
02-24-2021, 02:02 PM

Generally, $1,000-$4,000 and the limitation. LOL

Ha, $1,000 - $4,000 is being generous when you look at the Malazan series!

averagegatsby
02-24-2021, 02:07 PM
I’ve never seen a SubPress release where the only difference between the lettered and numbered releases was the traycase. There is almost always a difference in both binding and boards - even if the dustjacket is the same - and often a difference in paper stock.

The one exception is that they have done chapbook or broadsheet releases where the difference is just the designation. But those are exceedingly infrequent.

Thank you very much for your response. You're right, I had a conversation with someone from this forum and they explained the differences to me in quite some depth. I wasn't too sure as they weren't quite clear on their website what the specific differences were but I'm glad I know now.

becca69
02-24-2021, 02:22 PM
Here are some photos of a lettered and numbered of the same book to show differences. Price point matters in SP editions. A $300 lettered will be much different than a $750+ lettered.
Some differences are cloth binding vs. leather, solid endsheets vs. marbled, traycase vs. slipcase. Hope this helps.

https://i.postimg.cc/P547dZPD/IMG-1170.jpg (https://postimg.cc/8774H7dk)
https://i.postimg.cc/hGt5vjd5/IMG-1171.jpg (https://postimg.cc/cvPm5dTR)
https://i.postimg.cc/jSK9VvdK/IMG-1172.jpg (https://postimg.cc/F7WG3yLn)
https://i.postimg.cc/GpgSyCPh/IMG-1174.jpg (https://postimg.cc/hJx0kN3H)
https://i.postimg.cc/QN2wmh2F/IMG-1175.jpg (https://postimg.cc/7bNKY8Y4)

averagegatsby
02-24-2021, 02:36 PM
Here are some photos of a lettered and numbered of the same book to show differences. Price point matters in SP editions. A $300 lettered will be much different than a $750+ lettered.
Some differences are cloth binding vs. leather, solid endsheets vs. marbled, traycase vs. slipcase. Hope this helps.

https://i.postimg.cc/P547dZPD/IMG-1170.jpg (https://postimg.cc/8774H7dk)
https://i.postimg.cc/hGt5vjd5/IMG-1171.jpg (https://postimg.cc/cvPm5dTR)
https://i.postimg.cc/jSK9VvdK/IMG-1172.jpg (https://postimg.cc/F7WG3yLn)
https://i.postimg.cc/GpgSyCPh/IMG-1174.jpg (https://postimg.cc/hJx0kN3H)
https://i.postimg.cc/QN2wmh2F/IMG-1175.jpg (https://postimg.cc/7bNKY8Y4)

Oh wow, there appears to be a drastic difference! Thank you very much for sharing.

becca69
02-24-2021, 02:41 PM
No problem. All of their lettered editions will be different but the price point dictates how much different. :Money emoticon:

averagegatsby
02-24-2021, 02:47 PM
I kinda wish I never asked now. I'm now no longer content with my signed Folio Society Farseer Trilogy and I now want the Subterranean Press lettered edition. What have I gotten myself into, haha.

becca69
02-24-2021, 02:59 PM
I kinda wish I never asked now. I'm now no longer content with my signed Folio Society Farseer Trilogy and I now want the Subterranean Press lettered edition. What have I gotten myself into, haha.

Then I won't suggest you come on over to Suntup either.

averagegatsby
02-24-2021, 03:06 PM

Then I won't suggest you come on over to Suntup either.

:lol1:

I genuinely laughed out loud. One day I'll win one of their lettered lotteries, (I hope)!

Hunchback Jack
02-24-2021, 09:30 PM

Yeah, that kind of happens. Those books are gorgeous.

kingfan2323
03-01-2021, 02:37 PM
Does anyone know of any slipcase(s)for Altered Carbon #'ed set? Thx

kingfan2323
03-18-2021, 10:53 AM
Thought I would share a very nice set with a new slipcase.

For those interested in custom slipcases, Patrick Heffernan is great to work with.
https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=4079166438784576&id=100000737794630
Click on SLIPCASES in the heading to check out some of his stuff. https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20210318/dc2be4d78e9fdf23b67a62f8a92f899e.jpg

ISO: anything DT related #246

kingfan2323
04-11-2021, 11:35 AM
Sold

BURNING CHROME
from the author of Neuromancer
Subterranean Press
$220

Shipping in the U.S. only included
p.p. f&fhttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20210411/3d2a0ba4ea64c6df9dc7faf40d964f97.jpg

kingfan2323
05-12-2021, 04:10 PM
FOR SALE:

SUBTERRANEAN PRESS BOOKS

Boy's Life and Swan Song MATCHING NUMBERS -* $1300

silence of the lambs LETTERED EDITION- $1700

p.p. f&f.* Shipping included.* U.S. buyers only.** All three books in fine condition. https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20210513/35c2f60d8c296bce4e766b5229a1ffd7.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20210513/edc2b488a66017a215a70260b0abae1a.jpg

GenericEric
05-12-2021, 05:54 PM
Anyone have pre-orders they're willing to sell of The Ten Thousand Doors of January By Alix E. Harrow and The Kingdom of Gods By N. K. Jemisin? PM me if you do. Thanks.

Sol3rSystem
11-02-2021, 05:53 AM
Anyone selling Burning Chrome by William Gibson or Engine Summer by John Crowley?

webstar1000
11-02-2021, 05:56 AM
Full lettered set of the Red Rising. Matching letter and rights. $5400 shipped

kingfan2323
12-18-2021, 02:56 PM
Price Drop

Sub Press (signed/numbered editions):
The Martian w/slipcase $275 SOLD
Ready Player One w/slipcase. Corner dent to slipcase. Book fine. $385
Silence of the Lambs (not signed by Harris as issued) - $350
Summer of Night - $220 SOLD
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20211218/c3dee66a4b51245960320dbba528d58b.jpg

JeremyM
12-30-2021, 01:23 PM
I see that Sub Press announced an edition of 'Lovecraft Country' by Matt Ruff. Will have illustrations by David Palumbo - who I think is a great choice here. Not sure about the multi-column layout planned though. As a novel I thought it started stronger than it ended, but may still look to pickup a copy.

mcbanick
01-09-2023, 07:26 AM
Sub Press (signed/numbered edition):
Ambergris $300

BigJoeHillfan
03-27-2023, 02:54 PM
A long shot, but I figured i would ask. I have a Jim Butcher "Death Masks" S/L that is missing the dust jacket. Just checking to see if anyone would have an extra to sell me or know where i might find one. Asked Bill at Sub press and they no longer have any.

I do have 2 unfolded Joe Abercrombie " Best Served Cold" S/L dust covers I would trade if anyone is interested.
I also have unfolded dust covers for "Nova" by Samuel R. Delany,
Elric Volume 7 "The Dreamthief's Daughter", and
"Childgrave" by Kenneth Greenhall.

Gina

Randall Flagg
03-27-2023, 05:36 PM
A long shot, but I figured i would ask. I have a Jim Butcher "Death Masks" S/L that is missing the dust jacket. Just checking to see if anyone would have an extra to sell me or know where i might find one. Asked Bill at Sub press and they no longer have any.

I do have 2 unfolded Joe Abercrombie " Best Served Cold" S/L dust covers I would trade if anyone is interested.

Gina
I wish you the best of luck, but it might be easier (expensive) to find the S/L with DJ intact. Odds that someone other than the publisher (who says they have none) has a spare DJ are slim.

BigJoeHillfan
03-27-2023, 06:55 PM

Gina
I wish you the best of luck, but it might be easier (expensive) to find the S/L with DJ intact. Odds that someone other than the publisher (who says they have none) has a spare DJ are slim.

That's what I figured, but I figure it never hurts to ask. Somehow I ended up with several extra dust jackets and figured maybe someone else had too.

BigJoeHillfan
05-11-2023, 08:08 AM
I had another idea. Would it be possible for someone that has the S/L Death Masks to scan the cover and send me the .pdf. I would pay you for your effort. I could then go to a print shop and have it printed. It wouldn't be perfect, but I would have a cover for the book. If I put it in a broadart cover it might look passable on my shelf.
Just a thought. If anyone could scan the cover I would be grateful.

Gina

BigJoeHillfan
05-15-2023, 05:44 PM
I had another idea. Would it be possible for someone that has the S/L Death Masks to scan the cover and send me the .pdf. I would pay you for your effort. I could then go to a print shop and have it printed. It wouldn't be perfect, but I would have a cover for the book. If I put it in a broadart cover it might look passable on my shelf.

Gina

Can anyone help me?

cit74
05-16-2023, 01:58 PM
I do not own a copy - sorry

BigJoeHillfan
05-23-2023, 04:42 PM

Gina

Can anyone help me?

Please.............

Joe315
02-29-2024, 11:36 AM
I don't know when this was announced, but I just learned of it today:

Preorder for Wylding Hall by Elizabeth Hand, shipping in May:

https://subterraneanpress.com/hand-wh-ps/

I see no detail about size or features (there is a cover/dust jacket illustration, which isn't bad); perhaps SP doesn't typically provide that.

$60 for signed/slipcased limited (100 copies) edition, $35 for trade hardcover (no slipcase). Both editions have the dust jacket.

Most horror I've read over the last decade has been short on genuine creepy factor; I recommend Wylding Hall to everybody because it delivers on that.

Although I'm tempted, I likely won't pick this up as I already have PS Publishing's (unsigned) edition of Wylding Hall (https://www.pspublishing.co.uk/wylding-hall-hardcover-by-elizabeth-hand-2015-2753-p.asp) and see nothing compelling design-wise here (I am open to arm-twisting if someone has more detail).

This is edition from PS publishing.

St. Troy
02-29-2024, 12:17 PM
This is edition from PS publishing.

Pish posh!