PDA

View Full Version : **View the Board with New Skin**--Works in all versions!!

Matt
07-18-2008, 07:48 AM
Hello all.

At the extreme bottom left of your screen you will find a drop down to choose skins. The new one is "Default 3.7"--fell free to look at it if you like.

I would love if a few people could change over and have a look at it. Not much different except the profile page. Its pretty cool, go under member list and have a look at anyone.

We left a new feature in there called "comments". You will see it, its so folks can leave a comment on your profile. We may or may not leave it, if its abused at all, its gone.

Also, in the welcome box upper right, you have "your notifications" now that is a drop down for PM's and comments.

Someone could check other browsers like Safari to see if its good to go for me. :huglove:

Known issues:

-None of the cmps blocks work on the site pages (stuff like "random image") because they were all a style template I added to the old one manually, obviously not in the new one. :(

Have a look, post problems in here.

Ricky
07-18-2008, 08:08 AM
Weirdness Matt. I'm viewing the 3.7 skin right now. All I have to say is WOW. :rofl:

I do like the profile comments section!

Matt
07-18-2008, 08:23 AM
Yep, its always been a worlds of wonder skin, we just tweaked it for our uses.

Lee
07-18-2008, 08:58 AM
I like it alot. :) Thanks Matt!

I noticed the country flags are gone..

jayson
07-18-2008, 11:24 AM
Seems to be working fine in Safari Matt.

I like the large names. :)

Rjeso
07-18-2008, 01:13 PM
I like tohe general look of the tweaked skin you guys made, the darker background is nicer than the lighter one - much less stark-looking. However, the user profile options for visitors are kickass. I usually prefer functionality over looks, but I guess I've made it this long without being able to comment on people's homepages and I really like the old look.

*switches back to the old style*

Daghain
07-18-2008, 03:39 PM
I am not seeing this "your notifications" thing. Is is maybe because I have no new PM's?

ETA: Love the new profile page, bigger names is ok but I think it would look better if they were bold or something (but you now how I am LOL).

Matt
07-19-2008, 07:57 AM
I like tohe general look of the tweaked skin you guys made, the darker background is nicer than the lighter one - much less stark-looking. However, the user profile options for visitors are kickass. I usually prefer functionality over looks, but I guess I've made it this long without being able to comment on people's homepages and I really like the old look.

*switches back to the old style*

Its actually the same exact thing Rjeso, just an updated version. :thumbsup:

Country flags, got it Lee, thank you.

Matt
07-19-2008, 04:48 PM
I changed the title of this thread. The upgraded skin now works in all browser versions.

The site will soon change to it permanently. :cool:

Still have a couple of bad smilies though. <_<

William50
07-19-2008, 04:51 PM
I am loving this. Great job dude! http://www.mysmiley.net/imgs/smile/sign/sign0011.gif (http://www.mysmiley.net)

Rider_of_Discordia
07-19-2008, 07:19 PM
Nice crisp borders ... but the same lovely butterscotch flavour! I like it!

obscurejude
07-19-2008, 09:14 PM
Matt, great job. :thumbsup: My only complaint is that if someone has a big name, All_Hail_The_Crimson_King for example, its the same font size as the rest and makes the thread lopsided.

Darkthoughts
07-20-2008, 03:13 AM
I like it, I'm always up for something new :cool:

mia/susannah
07-20-2008, 03:22 AM
i like this new version. Thanks Matt

alinda
07-20-2008, 03:58 AM
Count my oppinion as :thumbsup: Good job bossman :D

turtlex
07-20-2008, 05:04 AM
I like the new version, too.
Great job, Matt.

Matt
07-20-2008, 06:40 AM
Matt, great job. :thumbsup: My only complaint is that if someone has a big name, All_Hail_The_Crimson_King for example, its the same font size as the rest and makes the thread lopsided.

I put the font down a bit for the usernames, its the same now as it was before.

Hopefully that fixes the problem, and thanks everyone. :wub:

This whole thing wasn't exactly by choice, it had to be done. :lol:

The Lady of Shadows
07-20-2008, 05:31 PM
wow. nice clean borders between posts. a total overhaul of the member profile page. a way for comments (and not just member comments) to be posted. statistics and mini statistics (and a much easier way to catch people viewing "who's online" HA!).

it looks really cool. nicely done matt, very nicely done. :clap:

obscurejude
07-20-2008, 06:35 PM

I put the font down a bit for the usernames, its the same now as it was before.

Hopefully that fixes the problem, and thanks everyone. :wub:

This whole thing wasn't exactly by choice, it had to be done. :lol:

Well done Matt. :thumbsup:

Matt
07-21-2008, 01:32 PM
Thanks you guys, I'm trying very hard to get the dang mood manager back as we speak.

Everyone will be required to change to this skin as soon as I'm done tweaking it.

Míchéal
07-23-2008, 06:13 PM
I like it...

The Lady of Shadows
07-23-2008, 08:13 PM
i really like it in ie 6.0 (i love the black outlines on everything - i know, that makes me weird!).

Daghain
07-23-2008, 08:42 PM
Just the fact that you like ANY Microsuck product makes you weird. :lol:

The Lady of Shadows
07-23-2008, 09:00 PM
oh yeah. like i'm gonna go out and buy an apple or a mac or something and then have to rebuy all the software that i already own because it's not mac compatible. i don't think so. can you say i'm too cheap? :lol:

besides, i can fix a windows based system with my eyes closed (yeah, almost literally) so why should i switch? it's easy to keep it running. and i refuse to switch to vista (which is the devil). :P

but that doesn't change the basic fact that yes i am insane. :)

Daghain
07-23-2008, 09:20 PM
Vista IS the devil.

Which is why you should switch to a Mac. :lol:

Daghain
07-23-2008, 09:20 PM
Vista IS the devil.

Which is why you should switch to a Mac. :lol:

The Lady of Shadows
07-23-2008, 09:27 PM
says the lady who posts everything twice. :rofl: :fairy:

Daghain
07-23-2008, 09:32 PM
That's a MICROSUCK board error, missy. :lol:

The Lady of Shadows
07-24-2008, 12:16 PM
:P

Brice
07-25-2008, 07:54 AM
besides, i can fix a windows based system with my eyes closed (yeah, almost literally) so why should i switch?

That would be because windows is an inferior product that fucks up more and you've HAD to learn to fix it on a regular basis. :P If you'd get a mac you might not need to learn all that

Daghain
07-25-2008, 07:56 AM
:thumbsup:

What Brice said. :lol:

Patrick
07-25-2008, 03:29 PM
Thanks for all your constant work on improving the site, Matt. The new skin is nice enough, but can we make the black borders around every post go away?

Matt
07-25-2008, 04:10 PM
You have to upgrade to the new version of Internet Explorer to make them go away, they only appear in that browser (old version). :couple:

Nerak
07-25-2008, 05:22 PM
Thanks you guys, I'm trying very hard to get the dang mood manager back as we speak.

Everyone will be required to change to this skin as soon as I'm done tweaking it.

and just how do we do that?

Patrick
07-25-2008, 07:55 PM
You have to upgrade to the new version of Internet Explorer to make them go away, they only appear in that browser (old version). :couple:Thanks, Matt. It must be my IE link at work, because everything looks fine here at home using Firefox. :)

Matt
07-26-2008, 05:11 AM
Yep, it was the same with me at work. I upgraded it but I'm not sure if I was supposed to :lol:

Karen: I have the new skin as the default now. :couple: So you are on it.

herbertwest
07-27-2008, 01:42 AM
hmmmm: am not really keen of the new skin, and the little thing that does annoy me is that everytime i sign off/on, the new skin is on, and i do disable it...

anyway to actually choose the skin we want?

Jean
07-27-2008, 01:47 AM
talking about those wonderful, wonderful yellow folders - can't we make our other blue folders, those that stand for subforums, yellow too? that would be superb!

Matt
07-27-2008, 09:17 AM
hmmmm: am not really keen of the new skin, and the little thing that does annoy me is that everytime i sign off/on, the new skin is on, and i do disable it...

Sorry man, this skin is an upgrade. Its not a choice.

Upgraded board means upgraded skin, we have to stay current. :thumbsup:

The new skin is "on" now when you sign in because its a default for the board. As we move forward, many of the upgraded add ons will no longer work with the old skin.

(this has already happened with moods)

Matt
07-27-2008, 09:18 AM
talking about those wonderful, wonderful yellow folders - can't we make our other blue folders, those that stand for subforums, yellow too? that would be superb!

That is actually a little piece of paper that is either white or blue depending on if there are posts in there. Much bigger challenge to change those than the simple image that represents the folders at the top.

Its not something I can mess with right now. :couple:

Jean
07-27-2008, 09:20 AM
http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k291/mishemplushem/Facilitation/bear_sad.gif

maybe someday...

::hopeful bear::

Letti
07-27-2008, 09:36 AM
Matt, wow man. We are getting prettier and prettier. Thank you. *hug*

Jean
07-27-2008, 09:42 AM
We are getting prettier and prettier.
well, at least you definitely are!

Letti
07-27-2008, 09:44 AM
We are getting prettier and prettier.
well, at least you definitely are!

*laughs* You couldn't miss it, could you? *kiss*

Jean
07-27-2008, 09:46 AM
http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k291/mishemplushem/Facilitation/bear_wub.gifhttp://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k291/mishemplushem/Facilitation/bear_wub.gifhttp://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k291/mishemplushem/Facilitation/bear_wub.gif

Daghain
07-27-2008, 07:36 PM

Am I on crack, or weren't they white and blue before?

The Lady of Shadows
07-27-2008, 08:54 PM
besides, i can fix a windows based system with my eyes closed (yeah, almost literally) so why should i switch?

That would be because windows is an inferior product that fucks up more and you've HAD to learn to fix it on a regular basis. :P If you'd get a mac you might not need to learn all that

do we have a fuck you smilie? you know, like the thumbsup smilie. . .only not? :wtf:

Am I on crack, or weren't they white and blue before?

oh, and daggers? yes, you're most definitely on crack. see: all answers regarding mac vs. pc for details. :lol:

Daghain
07-27-2008, 09:17 PM
Bitch. :lol:

Jean
07-27-2008, 09:40 PM
Irish Dawn: yes, they always used to be blue, and it always got on the bear's nerves... When they just appeared, I said that they looked like poor people's robes in squalid hospitals, which only caused unseemly hilarity within the community. But, since nobody but the bear seems outraged by them, let them be!

The Lady of Shadows
07-28-2008, 12:48 AM
Bitch. :lol:

you can't see me but i am holding out my invisible skirts and curtsying to you ever so sweetly. :P

herbertwest
07-28-2008, 07:54 AM

Sorry man, this skin is an upgrade. Its not a choice.

Upgraded board means upgraded skin, we have to stay current. :thumbsup:

The new skin is "on" now when you sign in because its a default for the board. As we move forward, many of the upgraded add ons will no longer work with the old skin.

(this has already happened with moods)

oki dook'

Daghain
07-28-2008, 08:19 AM
turtle: :lol:

Brice
07-28-2008, 12:03 PM

do we have a fuck you smilie? you know, like the thumbsup smilie. . .only not? :wtf:

No we don't. :cry:

I do though. http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t173/fatuhiva/flipa.gif

The Lady of Shadows
07-28-2008, 08:08 PM
daggers - thought you'd appreciate that. :)

brice - fucking show off :lol:

gsvec
07-28-2008, 09:02 PM
http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e73/gsvec/Misc%20Pics/funny-1.png

The Lady of Shadows
07-28-2008, 10:33 PM
:rofl:

+++++++++++++++++++++

IMAGES! i can post them!

VIDEOS! i can share them!

HAPPINESS!! i have got it!

woohoo!

:nana: :nana: :nana: :nana: :nana: :nana: :nana:

matt you're a fucking genius. i know i've already said this but it totally needed repeating! :rock: :rose:

Jon
07-28-2008, 11:15 PM
Thank you Matt.