PDA

View Full Version : The DC Film Universe

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Ricky
07-25-2009, 06:39 AM
Gary Oldman confirmed at Comic-con that the next Batman will be filmed in 2010.

Woot!

fernandito
07-27-2009, 11:25 AM
I'd wait for an official statement from either a WB exec or Nolan himself. Oldman also 'confirmed' that there would be a Dark Knight - based video game for the PS3 and Xbox360 , and uh ... <_<

Ricky
07-27-2009, 11:33 AM
Darn that Oldman! :arg:

John Blaze
07-27-2009, 06:08 PM
do they know who's directing the next one yet?

Ricky
07-28-2009, 06:38 AM
Not yet, Nolan's still not sure if he wants to do the third one.

John Blaze
07-28-2009, 09:24 AM
i hope he does, I'd hate someone to fuck up all his hard work.

fernandito
07-28-2009, 09:38 AM
I read an interview where Chris's brother , Johnathan said that he's pretty sure that Chris still wants to do a 3rd film, but that he needs time to collect himself ... Ledger's death had a very deep impact on him.

Ricky
08-26-2009, 06:11 AM
Next Batman Movie to be Fully Shot in IMAX?
Source: Ain't It Cool News
August 25, 2009

"Ain't It Cool News has posted an interesting rumor saying that Christopher Nolan and Warner Bros. Pictures could be planning to shoot the follow-up to The Dark Knight completely in IMAX format:

The THIRD chapter of Christopher Nolan's Caped Crusader's saga could very well be FULLY shot in IMAX, not IMAX Digital - but the beautiful, stunning IMAX that we saw pieces of THE DARK KNIGHT in.

Now this is something that I'm sure a lot of you will feel is a no-brainer. Nolan blew us away with the IMAX sequences in that film - but it was a very tough process to work in. Mainly due to the limitations of how many available real IMAX rigs there are. Not only that, but lenses had to be created, adapted and god forbid one broke down. Part of the reason that Nolan went forward with INCEPTION first - besides taking a creative break from the cape and cowl adventures... was possibly to create a few new IMAX cameras made to his specs. Once again - the cost of shooting an entire feature film on IMAX... the stock, the time it takes to reset, to load, to move the cameras... Well... it is daunting, but as Nolan proved with DARK KNIGHT - the difference is stunning.

We'll have to wait and see if this does indeed happen."

This will be interesting to see how it develops in the future.

fernandito
08-26-2009, 10:25 AM
Has Nolan himself confirmed that he will be back to direct Batman 3? :orely:

Can you provide us with the direct link, Ricky?

Ricky
08-26-2009, 10:49 AM
Sure thing Feev:

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=58373

At this point, I'm thinking that the IMAX situation and Nolan directing is purely speculative. However, it's still interesting to theorize about nonetheless.

fernandito
11-17-2009, 07:20 AM
Batman 3 Decision Due in January?
Nolan and co rumoured to give offical update on sequel.
by Orlando Parfitt, IGN UK

UK, November 17, 2009 - Some news that we missed last week about a little-known comic-book movie franchise called Batman.

Batman On Film reports that director Christopher Nolan and studio Warner Bros. will officially announce their plans for Batman 3 in January.

Their scooper told the site: "The longer we don't hear a Nolan/B3 announcement in 2010, the less likely it is that the director will return."

We've heard so many rumours and counter-rumours about Batman 3 over the past year, so here's hoping BOF's source is true, and that 2010 brings some kind of official news about the project.

turtlex
11-17-2009, 07:22 AM
I wonder if Nolan not coming back has anything to do with the general feeling that it's going to be near impossible to top TDK ?!?

John Blaze
11-17-2009, 07:33 AM
i hope not, because it IS gonna be nearly impossible to top TDK, but that doesn't mean it would be a bad movie. I love the direction Nolan has taken the franchise in, and I want him to hang around. :(

cozener
12-13-2009, 07:55 PM
I just got through watching Dark Knight again and it got me thinking about the future of this particular iteration of Batman. Here's my fear...

Nolan, since he didn't kill off the Joker in Dark Knight, might have planned to use him again...possibly even in the next movie. My fear with this is that because the actor who played him died and Nolan and/or the powers that be is afraid of the backlash of using another actor, is going with a different story all together. This might throw off the whole rhythm. If this is the case I think they really need to go ahead and get someone else to play that part. Someone on here way back said that they didn't think that anyone else should play the Joker ever. This seems silly to me. It's worse than that. It's wrong.

Ok...so Ledger did a great job with the character...then died. If you're building a house and your contractor dies you don't change the floor plan. You replace the contractor. There are other actors that could play this part. Johnnie Depp, for example, could play this part and do it well. (I'm sure there are others but he strikes me as the best candidate and probably the only person that could pull it off) I don't think it would be disrespectful or wrong in any way if the original plan was to bring back the Joker.

Another issue I'm thinking about here is that, to me, the Joker is an integral part of Batman. And when I say Batman I mean his character and his world. To ignore that because of a misguided sense of respect for the dead makes Ledger's death even more tragic to me because it cheats Nolan's iteration of Batman...the best iteration thus far, out of the villain that, I think, is a big part of defining Batman. The Joker truly is the the yin to Batman's yang.

I'm sure there are those that would disagree with the idea that someone else should play the Joker but think about why. Ask yourself why it is you really think that Nolan should shelf this character.

turtlex
12-14-2009, 04:06 AM
This might get me flamed, not sure, but IMO - there's no way in the world anyone could top Ledger's Joker. Ever. And, I think, it would be career suicide to try. At least any time soon, while the performance is still so fresh in everyone's memory. It was a defining moment, for both Ledger and the Batman franchise.

I've never been so high on Nolan, and wouldn't hate to see the series move onto a new director. A fresh perspective might be a good thing. There's no announcement yet that he'll be back for the next chapter.

( don't get me started on Bales, his Batman whisper still drives me to the brink of tossing the television out the window )

Batman has tons of evil villians and bad-guys. Pick another one and go with it - let them be truly evil ( which is why the Joker works so well ) and let the Bat deal with that, along with his angst.

candy
12-14-2009, 04:45 AM
oh pam, contraversial!!! :P

well, i won't start on the bale thing again, as we have had that discussion before:huglove:i still say your wrong:wtf:

Pam i agree with you in regards to the joker, its too soon. Coz, honey, i can see exactly what you are saying in regards to not getting rid of the joker character, and i don't see why they would have too. BUT...... there is also a whole slew of bad asses that batman fought against and if you bring the joker back for the next film then not only will you get comparisons through out the whole of the film - which would take away from anything that the film did. but you are also in danger of the franchise becoming the batman and joker franchise.

personally, i love Bale as batman and i am far more interested in seeing how he would react with other villians, and how the character would continue to be shaped. but thats just my 2p worth

by all means if the franchise lasts long enough, bring the joker back at a later stage. but for now there are other nemisis (s?) for him to fight

Spencer
12-14-2009, 06:11 AM
Johnnie Depp, for example, could play this part and do it well.

Noooooo! :panic:

cozener
12-14-2009, 06:53 AM
there's no way in the world anyone could top Ledger's Joker. Ever.

Its not about topping it.

And, I think, it would be career suicide to try.We wouldn't be talking about this if Ledger hadn't of died. In fact, if Ledger had lived and demanded too much money to reprise the role or just refused to do it we'd be debating who the best person would be to fill in. We wouldn't even be considering the idea that no one should play the role again. But no, the guy died. So now there's this false sense of elevation for him and the role of the Joker...that its something golden and pristine that should never be sullied by the hands of someone else. I strongly disagree. Before this movie came out and his death Ledger was considered a good actor...but not a great one. Also, I believe that Ledger's dying had at least a little to do with him winning the Oscar. Not saying he didn't deserve it. He did. But every nominee deserved it. If he hadn't of died we'd be on here bitching about the fact that he didn't win instead of pondering why he did.

On the other hand, you could be right for the most part...most actors couldn't pull it off without doing at least some damage to their careers. This was one of the reasons I suggested who I suggested.

Noooooo! :panic: :lol: C'mon...the guy's a great actor. Its not like it would be Jack Sparrow in a purple suit. But if not Depp...who would you suggest? Or are you in the NOBODY EVER camp...

you get comparisons through out the whole of the film - which would take away from anything that the film did. Ok now this is probably the best argument not to do it. I didn't think about that. But I do think it could be overcome...especially by the folks that are really into Batman.

but you are also in danger of the franchise becoming the batman and joker franchise. I'm ok with that simply because I don't see that many more movies being made in this particular line of films.

personally, i love Bale as batman and i am far more interested in seeing how he would react with other villians, and how the character would continue to be shaped. Yeah...he does have other villains but like I said, my fear is that Nolan had not planned to use any of them...that he had every intention of bringing back the Joker and the fact that he can't might throw off the whole story arc he had lined up and screw up the next movie. I don't know that thats the case but I don't think he was planning on using other Batman villains. Bringing back Two Face is an option though. It isn't explicitly said that he died at the end of Dark Knight.

by all means if the franchise lasts long enough, bring the joker back at a later stage. but for now there are other nemisis (s?) for him to fight Sure there are but not all of them will translate into Nolan's world as well. I'd hate to see Penguin here. I don't think Catwoman would do well either. But there are some lesser known villains that might do well...Deadshot comes to mind. Mr. Zsasz, Hugo Strange, Black Mask...perhaps a combination of villains (or an amalgam) Maybe bring back Ra's al Ghul. (the dude never dies)

Whatever they do...for the love of god...DO NOT put Robin in this world.

candy
12-14-2009, 07:56 AM
Whatever they do...for the love of god...DO NOT put Robin in this world.

oh lord, just imagine:doh: no, better idea is not too:wtf:

turtlex
12-14-2009, 07:56 AM

How could it not be? I don't think anyone could even come close.

And, I think, it would be career suicide to try.We wouldn't be talking about this if Ledger hadn't of died. In fact, if Ledger had lived and demanded too much money to reprise the role or just refused to do it we'd be debating who the best person would be to fill in. We wouldn't even be considering the idea that no one should play the role again. But no, the guy died. So now there's this false sense of elevation for him and the role of the Joker...that its something golden and pristine that should never be sullied by the hands of someone else. I strongly disagree. Before this movie came out and his death Ledger was considered a good actor...but not a great one. Also, I believe that Ledger's dying had at least a little to do with him winning the Oscar. Not saying he didn't deserve it. He did. But every nominee deserved it. If he hadn't of died we'd be on here bitching about the fact that he didn't win instead of pondering why he did.

On the other hand, you could be right for the most part...most actors couldn't pull it off without doing at least some damage to their careers. This was one of the reasons I suggested who I suggested.

Hmmm. I'm totally going to disagree with this. :lol: Okay, here we go, my friend - I love this stuff. :lol:

Sincerely, there's no "false sense" of anything where this performance is concerned. He nailed it. He became the Joker. No one else can touch it. Word was leaking from the set long before Heath passed that this was a huge performance and would bring accolades. Then we lost Heath. The part speaks for itself, regardless of his death, not because of it.

Actors don't have to be Great in order to be great or perfect in a roll. It just so happened, Heath is great as the Joker. Is he a great actor, in general - probably not. He made some real dogs. He also turned in an amazing performance in Brokeback Mountain ( like the film or not, the desparation he conveyed was palpable ).

I disagree about the Oscar thing... only because, again, there was a lot of buzz long before Heath passed. And not all noms deserved it - frankly, I thought RDJr being nominated for Tropic Thunder was a joke. And not a good one.

I'm gonna duck a bit here again, because I happen to think that Johnny Depp is one of the most over-rated actors of our generation. He has made some good movies, but he's made just as many ( if not more ) really bad ones. My opinion, for sure - I know some folks think he's great ( probably for the same reasons I think he's horrible - I give you...any of those Pirate movies! ).

flaggwalkstheline
12-14-2009, 08:39 AM

How could it not be? I don't think anyone could even come close.

Hmmm. I'm totally going to disagree with this. :lol: Okay, here we go, my friend - I love this stuff. :lol:

Sincerely, there's no "false sense" of anything where this performance is concerned. He nailed it. He became the Joker. No one else can touch it. Word was leaking from the set long before Heath passed that this was a huge performance and would bring accolades. Then we lost Heath. The part speaks for itself, regardless of his death, not because of it.

Actors don't have to be Great in order to be great or perfect in a roll. It just so happened, Heath is great as the Joker. Is he a great actor, in general - probably not. He made some real dogs. He also turned in an amazing performance in Brokeback Mountain ( like the film or not, the desparation he conveyed was palpable ).

I disagree about the Oscar thing... only because, again, there was a lot of buzz long before Heath passed. And not all noms deserved it - frankly, I thought RDJr being nominated for Tropic Thunder was a joke. And not a good one.

I'm gonna duck a bit here again, because I happen to think that Johnny Depp is one of the most over-rated actors of our generation. He has made some good movies, but he's made just as many ( if not more ) really bad ones. My opinion, for sure - I know some folks think he's great ( probably for the same reasons I think he's horrible - I give you...any of those Pirate movies! ).

I sidagree with what ya said about depp
yeah the pirates movies are stupid but they don aspire to be anything except light entertainment and depp was great in em
I think he's one of the best actors maybe ever, one of the few cultual icons who has films the everyone can like, that rare popular artist/actor that remains awesome despite mainstream success
i mean cmon
YouTube- fear and loathing in las vegas hitchhiker
so cool:excited::harrier:

turtlex
12-14-2009, 08:48 AM
We should flip threads if we're going to talk Johnny Depp...

... but for every Fear and Loathing, I can name a Secret Window. For every Ed Wood, a Don Juan DeMarco.

cozener
12-14-2009, 08:49 AM

How could it not be? I don't think anyone could even come close. That statement, to me, is absolutely ridiculous.

Sincerely, there's no "false sense" of anything where this performance is concerned. He nailed it. He became the Joker. No one else can touch it. Word was leaking from the set long before Heath passed that this was a huge performance and would bring accolades. Then we lost Heath. The part speaks for itself, regardless of his death, not because of it. Again...its not about how he nailed it or didn't or if someone else could do it as well. My point is that just because someone played a role well does not mean that no one else can play that role well. In fact, someone else might just be able to do it just as well even if it isn't the same.

Actors don't have to be Great in order to be great or perfect in a roll. Who says they do?

I disagree about the Oscar thing... only because, again, there was a lot of buzz long before Heath passed. And not all noms deserved it - frankly, I thought RDJr being nominated for Tropic Thunder was a joke. And not a good one. I forgot about Tropic Thunder...

I don't think we can know for sure how much of a role Ledger dying played in him getting that Oscar...this is just my theory. I think it did. I think there's a lot of hype surrounding it because he died. And I think that because he died people are overprotective of this particular role.

I'm gonna duck a bit here again, because I happen to think that Johnny Depp is one of the most over-rated actors of our generation. He has made some good movies, but he's made just as many ( if not more ) really bad ones. My opinion, for sure - I know some folks think he's great ( probably for the same reasons I think he's horrible - I give you...any of those Pirate movies! ). And to turn what you said above around...just because an actor puts out some bad performances doesn't mean he's a bad actor. But if we're talking opinions here (and thats all we're working with after all) great or not...I still think if anyone can pull off playing the Joker in a way similar to Ledger it would be him. I think he could structure the performance in such a way as to act it very much the way Ledger did. The only foreseeable issue there is that his ego might not allow him to mimic another actor's performance.

EDIT: Oh I missed this post...

No Batman 3 for Nolan?
Report claims threequel not a given for the director.
by Jim Vejvoda

June 16, 2009 - Although the conventional wisdom has been that Christopher Nolan would be back to direct Batman 3 after helming his next film, Inception, the rumor mill now suggests that Nolan's involvement with the sequel to The Dark Knight might not be a given after all.

A trusted industry source for Batman-on-Film claims that it is going to take a herculean effort on the part of Warner Bros. to sell Nolan on doing a third Bat-film, confirming an old rumor that the studio has indeed compiled a short list of replacement candidates. So why is Nolan reportedly iffy on directing the film?

"The death of Heath Ledger in January of 2008 rocked Mr. Nolan hard. So hard that Chris was convinced that TDK was going to be it for him and Batman on film," according to BoF's source, adding that the Joker was envisioned as the villain in the third film.

The source also informed the site that BoF is "correct in reporting that (Nolan) is developing story ideas with [Jonathan Nolan] and David Goyer, but it will be until AT LEAST 2012 before we see the Caped Crusader back [in theaters]. And that is only an EARLY ESTIMATE at best right now. They are even saying it might not be until 2013."

BoF's source went so far as to say that, as of now, there is no story for Batman 3 It that's true than I'm doubly keen on them finding another actor to play Joker and IN the next movie. They should stick with the original plan.

flaggwalkstheline
12-14-2009, 11:27 AM
anyway EVERYBODY knows that Jack Nicholson was the best joker

right?

cozener
12-14-2009, 12:38 PM
I know you're just joking but he really would have been great if he hadn't have been fat and old. As it was Michael Keaton could have made a better Joker. I don't mean that as a slam to Jack. I really think Keaton could have been a good Joker considering his age, condition, and his comedic history. (and he's still my favorite Batman) But Jack was past his prime. The Joker is far too athletic of a role for an overweight man in his 50s. He was good. Nicholson is always good even if he is pretty much always playing himself. But that performance was no where near the level of greatness that Ledger's performance was.

Of course, we're talking about two very different approaches to Batman here...Burton's comic book style to Nolan's gritty, real world perspective.

turtlex
12-14-2009, 12:55 PM
Oh, okay. Well, I'm all about being ridiculous. :lol:

pathoftheturtle
12-14-2009, 02:19 PM
...Its not about topping it.
...On the other hand, you could be right for the most part...most actors couldn't pull it off without doing at least some damage to their careers. ...So it IS about topping it.
That's your whole point here, right? You know that it is, and you don't like it. Like it or not, that's Hollywood. Worse, any actor willing to take the risk would be, practically by definition, one that the studio would not be willing to risk a budget on. It is quite a situation, alright.

Spencer
12-14-2009, 03:39 PM

Noooooo! :panic: :lol: C'mon...the guy's a great actor.

I would disagree vehemently with that statement. :lol:

cozener
12-14-2009, 05:36 PM
Oh, okay. Well, I'm all about being ridiculous. :lol: I don't mean to be pointed, I just think that the idea that only ONE person can play a particular role is outlandish and frankly, it makes me think that you're overly sentimental about this particular actor and his final role. (yes I know about the other movie but other actors had to step in and finish it...hey...one of them being Johnny Depp!)

...Its not about topping it.
...On the other hand, you could be right for the most part...most actors couldn't pull it off without doing at least some damage to their careers. ...So it IS about topping it.
No...it isn't. How are you getting that? If the next performance tops Ledger's thats ok but ideally, it would be best to simply match it...to try and make the performance as much like Ledger's as possible but NOT out of respect for Ledger as much as a respect for the continuity of the character. If it isn't quite as good or it isn't exactly the same but still serviceable thats just fine by me too. As long as it doesn't suck...and I seriously doubt that Nolan would allow that...I'm ok with someone else playing the Joker if the original intent was to continue a Joker story line. Now that Ledger's dead they have to scrap the whole arc? That just seems crazy to me.

That's your whole point here, right? You know that it is, and you don't like it. Like it or not, that's Hollywood. Again, no...it isn't my point. And I'm not sure what you mean. Are you saying that the next actor who plays the part will have the goal of doing a better Joker than Ledger whether I approve of them coming at the role with that attitude or not? Are you saying I didn't like Ledger's performance and I think someone needs to come along and show us just how the Joker needs to be played? What exactly do I know here?

Now, that said, initially I didn't take to this Joker the same way many of you did but the reason for that was because I didn't see what the model of this Joker was (the graphic novel Arkham Asylum's Joker & The Dark Knight comic series) I was mired down in a more comicbook style Joker. But after my second viewing of TDK I was totally onboard because Ledger's Joker fits Nolan's Gotham to a T. For some reason, I didn't appreciate that at first AND I'd read Arkham Asylum years ago so I'm not sure why I didn't make that connection. So don't think this is about me hating on Ledger or his Joker. Hell, I voted for him to be the BMCOAT.

Anyway, an actor that did play this part would have to be a very well respected and well known actor, IMO, to avoid...or at least afford...the backlash that they MIGHT get if they assumed that role. Personally, I wouldn't hold it against any actor that took up this mantle. Would you? If so, why?

turtlex
12-15-2009, 04:06 AM
Without a doubt I am overly sentimental about Heath, but not about the Joker.

His performance as the Joker is what it is, and time alone will prove that.

And I would argue, long and hard over this :
I just think that the idea that only ONE person can play a particular role is outlandish. I'm sure thousands of people can play a role, but pretty much, they'd suck at it.

And really, tell me who else could have played... say, Michael Corleone, and done it as good as Pacino.

Some roles were simply made by the actor who played them... and then they should be left well enough alone.

cozener
12-15-2009, 05:25 AM
We'll just have to agree to disagree on that point because I don't see any role, including Michael Corleone or anyone else you'd care to name, as being exclusive to one actor. Is it an ideal situation? No. I'd much prefer to see Ledger back as the Joker. But this isn't possible. But instead of changing the original plan with this story arc or ending the story where it is I'd rather see them go ahead with a new actor. (and it still boggles me that someone could think that no one else in the entire world could play that role well) Sure, things might be just fine with a redone story...even great. But it might not be. Even Nolan himself gave serious thought to just walking away from it rather than change things around to compensate for the loss of Ledger.

fernandito
12-15-2009, 06:07 AM
Alright, here we go ... (rolls up sleeves)

While it's true that Ledger made the character of the Joker his own, saying that no one else should play the Joker just doesn't seem right to me. As someone else mentioned, it's not about topping Ledger, but by doing justice to the persona/character of the Joker the way Ledger did. Nolan and Micheal Caine have both given strong hints that the Joker was/is to be an integral part of Batman 3, and on those grounds alone, the Joker needs to be recast. The relentless mind games and sheer chaos that Joker put the citizens of Gotham through had such an impact that it would be ludicrous to simply 'kill' him off for the third film. It would be unfair for Nolan to have to radically alter his original version ... I'm sure it's not what Heath would have wanted. There is an ocean of talent out there, I'm sure there is at least one actor that can provide for the character the way Ledger did.

On a side note - I remain convinced that the reason Nolan cast Joseph Gordon Levitt in his new movie Inception is a sort of try-out to see if he's ready to take on a such a demanding role as is the Jokers. Mark my words :fairy:

Brice
12-15-2009, 06:17 AM
I'm not really opposed to someone else portraying the joker. With that said I feel bad for the actor who inevitably is gonna' be compared to Ledger, but I guess they'll no that going in. And I can't think of a single actor who can pull the role off with the charm and intensity of Ledger, personally. This isn't saying it shouldn't be done, but I really think whoever takes it on now has some big shoes to fill. The best advice they can be given...ignore what Heath has done as much as possible and try to make the character their own. If they TRY to be like Ledger's joker they will fail miserably. Honestly I think a complete unknown should be used for it if anyone.

fernandito
12-15-2009, 06:23 AM
The best advice they can be given...ignore what Heath has done as much as possible and try to make the character their own. If they TRY to be like Ledger's joker they will fail miserably.

I agree wholeheartedly.

Brice
12-15-2009, 06:30 AM
:thumbsup: I'd have guessed as much. Ideally they'll find an actor who didn't even see the dark Knight, IMO.

turtlex
12-15-2009, 06:48 AM
:grouphug: I'm going to step quietly away from this now, because as Coz said - we're going to have to agree to disagree. I just think some things should be left well enough alone.

However, I would like to say ... mark my words - You'll wish they never attempted to re-cast the Joker when it's Keanu Reeves or Ryan Reynolds attemping, and ruining, the next Batman pic. :P

Melike
12-15-2009, 06:52 AM
I would prefer someone else to play Joker, instead of killing the character. Ledger's Joker is awesome. But, Joker, himself is a legend for me. He was standing there before Heath Ledger, so he shall exist after him.

candy
12-15-2009, 07:15 AM
However, I would like to say ... mark my words - You'll wish they never attempted to re-cast the Joker when it's Keanu Reeves or Ryan Reynolds attemping, and ruining, the next Batman pic. :P

:wtf::rofl:fucking love it!!!!:wtf:

fernandito
12-15-2009, 07:17 AM

This won't happen if Nolan is at the helm of the third film. Nolan chooses actors that he deems worthy of the roles ... I remember there was a similiar angry outcry from Bat-fanboys (myself included) when it was announced that Ledger would be taking the reins of the Joker, and look how that turned out.

turtlex
12-15-2009, 07:19 AM

This won't happen if Nolan is at the helm of the third film. Nolan chooses actors that he deems worthy of the roles ... I remember there was a similiar angry outcry from Bat-fanboys (myself included) when it was announced that Ledger would be taking the reins of the Joker, and look how that turned out.

:wub: For your sake, and everyone else here, I hope you're right.

Brice
12-15-2009, 08:11 AM
Tom Hanks has been cast as the next Joker.

Yeah, I'm just fuckin' with y'all. :P

turtlex
12-15-2009, 08:16 AM
Maybe as the Joker's Dad !

Brice
12-15-2009, 09:17 AM
:lol:

Stephen Wright?

cozener
12-15-2009, 09:37 AM
Maybe they should just bring back Jack Nicholson... :nana:

Seriously, on the idea that the next actor who plays the Joker should not let Ledger's performance influence him. I wonder how much of Nolan's direction we saw in Ledger's performance. Was Ledger's Joker more Nolan's Joker than it was Ledger's? If that's the case, the next Joker might end up acting a lot like Ledger's Joker whether that actor wants him to or not. Nolan might not give the guy much room to do his own thing.

And good luck finding an actor that didn't see TDK :lol:

Brice
12-15-2009, 09:37 AM
Wait! Another thread gave me this idea...Pauly Shore. :rofl:

pathoftheturtle
12-15-2009, 11:11 AM
If someone did try to emulate Ledger and it turned out to be anything other than a complete miserable failure, then, IMO, that would qualify as an incredible acting feat in its own right. So, to be accepted and applauded, the next guy will either have to pull off acting even greater than Heath's, or else pull off acting even greater than Heath's. Get it?

Micheal Caine
Did you mean: Michael Caine (http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&rls=com.microsoft:*&ei=YtsnS5fuD4nqMa7JkYwM&sa=X&oi=spell&resnum=0&ct=result&cd=1&ved=0CAYQBSgA&q=Michael+Caine&spell=1)Michael Caine (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000323/)

http://answers.yahoo.com -- Why do so many people incorrectly spell Michael as "Micheal"? (http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20061123153313AAyFED5)

cozener
12-15-2009, 11:53 AM
If someone did try to emulate Ledger and it turned out to be anything other than a complete miserable failure, then, IMO, that would qualify as an incredible acting feat in its own right. So, to be accepted and applauded, the next guy will either have to pull off acting even greater than Heath's, or else pull off acting even greater than Heath's. Get it?
Yeah...I just don't agree.

Joker, himself is a legend for me. He was standing there before Heath Ledger, so he shall exist after him. Yep...that's pretty much how I see it.

Spencer
12-15-2009, 12:00 PM
the Joker when it's Keanu Reeves

:o The WOAHker.

turtlex
12-15-2009, 01:18 PM
the Joker when it's Keanu Reeves

:o The WOAHker.

:rofl:

Mark
12-15-2009, 03:38 PM
What I seem to be seeing here is people thinking that Ledger was the best actor ever for the Joker. This isn't the case. Seriously, you might think it relys A LOT on the Actor, but it doesn't. As long as Nolan finds a good enough impersonist, it isn't hard to do the Jokers make-up, and the screen writers and Nolan just have to give extra help into making a new Joker. Given enough time, some of us could probably do it. It's better than forgetting about the third film/ recasting. The Joker doesn't even need a big role. Have him as a background Villain, and have Zachary Quinto as The Riddler being the main Villain :ninja:

Melike
12-15-2009, 10:14 PM
What I seem to be seeing here is people thinking that Ledger was the best actor ever for the Joker. This isn't the case. Seriously, you might think it relys A LOT on the Actor, but it doesn't. As long as Nolan finds a good enough impersonist, it isn't hard to do the Jokers make-up, and the screen writers and Nolan just have to give extra help into making a new Joker. Given enough time, some of us could probably do it. It's better than forgetting about the third film/ recasting. The Joker doesn't even need a big role. Have him as a background Villain, and have Zachary Quinto as The Riddler being the main Villain :ninja:

:o Quinto as The Riddler?!!! You're awesome. :D

fernandito
12-16-2009, 06:08 AM

I think you are gravely mistaken, it has A LOT to do with the actor. Ledger would barricade himself in a hotel room for days at a time, and keep a diary .... as The Joker ! I doubt few (if any) actors are willing to dedicate themselves to a role the way he did. Sure, the way Nolan envisioned the Joker played a pivotal role in the final outcome, but it was Ledger's intensity and devotion that made the character what it was.

ICry4Oy
12-16-2009, 06:22 AM
Ledger would barricade himself in a hotel room for days at a time, and keep a diary .... as The Joker ! I doubt few (if any) actors are willing to dedicate themselves to a role the way he did.

Have to disagree here. Sean Penn is notorious for doing things that way. Look at what Christian Bale did to his body for that one movie where he was anorexic looking. Plenty of others who completely changed their lifestyle and bodies, etc.

I have to wonder if all of this love for Ledger's Joker would be as intense were he still alive.

Don't get me wrong. I enjoyed his performance very much, I just don't think it's that big a deal to have someone else portray Mr. Joker. Heck, I have more of a problem with all the different Batman actors.:arg:

But wtf do I know, I liked Ledger more in Brothers Grimm than in Batman.

fernandito
12-16-2009, 06:28 AM
I don't have a problem with someone else playing the Joker, I actually made an argument in favor of that in the previous page.

My disagreement stemmed from Mark's statement that the actor doesn't make the character what he is, something I severely disagree with.

cozener
12-16-2009, 07:37 AM

I think you are gravely mistaken, it has A LOT to do with the actor. Ledger would barricade himself in a hotel room for days at a time, and keep a diary .... as The Joker ! I doubt few (if any) actors are willing to dedicate themselves to a role the way he did. Sure, the way Nolan envisioned the Joker played a pivotal role in the final outcome, but it was Ledger's intensity and devotion that made the character what it was.I would agree. Whoever they pick has to be able to devote himself completely to this role and deliver it with intensity. They can't go into it thinking that it's easy because there's already a template to follow.

Yes, I still believe they should model their performance on Ledger's but it isn't as simple as just going in their thinking "Well, I saw TDK and I can just act like that Joker". I've done a little acting, stage work in college, and just "acting insane" isn't as easy as it looks. In fact, having to follow that model is going to make it more difficult, not easier.

DoctorDodge
12-16-2009, 08:48 AM
Meh, just get John Simm to do an american accent, he'll be fine!

He was doing the whole manic, insane thing a whole year before Heath did, after all!

Mark
12-16-2009, 08:53 AM
I don't have a problem with someone else playing the Joker, I actually made an argument in favor of that in the previous page.

My disagreement stemmed from Mark's statement that the actor doesn't make the character what he is, something I severely disagree with.

I didn't mean to annoy you Feev, I understand what you're trying to say, but I never found Method acting brilliant, but thats just my opinion. Obviously the actor who replaces Ledger has to be decent, he can't just be a run of the mill man off of the street, but the point I was making is that it wouldn't necessarily be a bad thing if it was at least a decent actor and the Director and Screenwriter did enough with him. I personallly just see an actor as a messenger for the Screen Writers. Just me though. I resepct where you're comnig from and I know the devotion he put into it, I personally don't see it THAT necessary.

cozener
12-16-2009, 10:56 AM
I personallly just see an actor as a messenger for the Screen Writers. Just me though. Oh I agree with that. Its the reason I dredged this debate up in the first place. They're interchangeable in my opinion. But so is the piece of art you have hanging up over your couch. If you're not careful when picking a replacement it can look great but still change the whole atmosphere of your living room.

Mark
12-16-2009, 11:40 AM
I personallly just see an actor as a messenger for the Screen Writers. Just me though. Oh I agree with that. Its the reason I dredged this debate up in the first place. They're interchangeable in my opinion. But so is the piece of art you have hanging up over your couch. If you're not careful when picking a replacement it can look great but still change the whole atmosphere of your living room.

Ah yes, I understand now what you mean. I still personally believe Ledger was good, but nothing that isn't do-able by someone else.

pathoftheturtle
12-16-2009, 02:41 PM
For that matter, why get another painting when you could have a photograph? Perhaps all actors should be replaced by CGI. [/sarcasm]

cozener
12-16-2009, 04:14 PM
You think that isn't going to happen? That's in the mail, path. We might even see it in our lifetimes.

Not sayin' I approve and I don't mean to add to your woes. I'm just sayin'.

http://blogs.ocweekly.com/navelgazing/Hudsuckers9.jpg

:D

fernandito
02-13-2010, 10:46 AM
From IGN.com -
----

Batman 3

Release Date: Unknown, possibly 2012
Development Status: Well, January came and went and with it, no news regarding whether or not Christopher Nolan would return to helm the next installment in the Batman franchise. Word 'round the campfire is, however, that David Goyer (fresh from being let go from TV series FlashForward) will work on the story with the director's brother and co-writer of TDK, Jonah Nolan. Moreover, that Jonah Nolan has already turned in a first draft of Batman 3: Please Release This Movie Now! to the studio.

It's expected that most of the main cast will return, including Christian Bale as Batman, Gary Oldman as Commissioner Gordon, and Michael Caine as Alfred. No villains have been confirmed for the third movie, though plenty of casting rumors have swirled about. They range from the intriguing (Johnny Depp or David Tennant as Riddler) to the absurd (Cher as Catwoman). Michael Caine recently dispelled the Depp as Riddler rumor, and until the film begins true pre-production we don't imagine any announcements will be made.

We're still waiting on whether or not Nolan returns to the franchise.
Warners is giving Nolan time to finish work on his next film, Inception, while also tapping him to serve as a "godfather" for a reboot of their Superman franchise. Nolan is said to have found a "good idea" for Batman 3, which is currently being scripted by his brother Jonah and David Goyer. Warners is expected to make a formal announcement on their DC Movies slate in the coming weeks.

Ricky
02-13-2010, 11:27 AM
(Cher as Catwoman)

And that's when I'll stop watching.

Brice
02-14-2010, 06:19 AM
Cher as Batman?

Ricky
04-30-2010, 02:32 PM
"Batman 3 Release Date Announced
April 30, 2010

Share Warner Bros. has set a release date of July 20, 2012 for Batman 3.
At the time of this news, director Christopher Nolan has been working on the story with screenwriter David Goyer since at least the beginning of this year. Nolan is doing this while wrapping work on Inception which intends to boggle our minds on July 16.

Per comments previously made by Nolan, Batman 3 is intended to be the final film in his envisioned Batman trilogy that will complete his story. All the core characters seen in Batman Begins and The Dark Knight are expected to return.

If Batman 3 does arrive in the summer of 2012 barring any scheduling changes, it will be entering what is turning out to be an incredible array of big action films. The season starts with Marvel's The Avengers on May 4, then moves to the sci-fi reworking of Battleship on May 25, then J.J. Abrams' Star Trek 2 on June 29, and Sony's Spider-Man reboot in 3D on July 3. Oh, and the sequel to G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra could (though unconfirmed) arrive in July or August as well."

:excited:

fernandito
06-06-2010, 07:08 AM
The Joker Will Not Return
Batman 3 villain speculation continues.
June 4, 2010

Director Christopher Nolan has said that the Joker will not be returning in Batman 3 or any other subsequent bat-films as long as he's helming the franchise. From the latest issue of Empire Magazine:

"'No,' says Nolan emphatically and unhesitatingly. He resists elaborating simply because, quite understandably, he says, 'I just don't feel comfortable talking about it.'"

Nolan's Dark Knight incaration of the Joker was portrayed by Heath Ledger, who won a posthumous Academy Award for his performance in the film.

With The Clown Prince completely out of the running for the next installment, the question remains as to who will be the villain in Batman 3.

Do you sympathize with Nolan's decision or would you like to see more Joker right away? Sound off in the comments below.

Odetta
06-06-2010, 07:29 AM
It has to be that way. No Ledger, no Joker

fernandito
06-06-2010, 07:34 AM
The thing is, the Joker left such an irrefutable dent on the psych of Gotham's citizens, it would be ludicrous not to include him in the third film.

Heather19
06-06-2010, 07:51 AM
I can't imagine having someone else play him though, especially right away. Would you want another actor to take over the role Feev?

Brice
06-06-2010, 08:01 AM
It has been decided, Emo Phillips has been cast as the Joker

Ricky
06-06-2010, 11:17 AM
I understand Nolan's choice of not including the Joker in the upcoming film, however, I don't think he should exclude the possibility of including him 100%. Last I heard, there was quite a fit of unused Joker footage left on the cutting room floor. If they could find a way to make it work, that would be awesome. Just a cameo, something along the lines of Scarecrow in TDK.

Odetta
06-07-2010, 06:12 AM
NO LEDGER, NO JOKER!!!!

Empath of the White
06-07-2010, 07:06 AM
I don't think Ledger's passing should rule out the appearance of Joker in BB3. IF the character is necessary for the story the Nolans and Goyer want to tell, recast. If not, don't add him in just because fans want him in. That's what happened with Venom in Spider-Man 3.

pathoftheturtle
06-07-2010, 07:17 AM
I think that not including the Joker can work. I agree, though, that if they did want to use him, it'd be alright to recast... just not Topher Grace.

fernandito
06-07-2010, 07:44 AM
I can't imagine having someone else play him though, especially right away. Would you want another actor to take over the role Feev?

Why not ? There is an ocean of talent out there , I'm sure there's someone out there that can do for the Joker what Ledger did.

I don't think Ledger's passing should rule out the appearance of Joker in BB3. IF the character is necessary for the story the Nolans and Goyer want to tell, recast. If not, don't add him in just because fans want him in. That's what happened with Venom in Spider-Man 3.

Agreed. I remember reading an interview not too long ago (I think the link is buried somewhere in the previous pages of this thread) where Nolan stated that Ledger and the Joker were a part of the vision he had for Batman 3. If this is the case, he needs to recast the role.

pathoftheturtle
06-07-2010, 08:06 AM
Not necessarily. It wouldn't be right for him to let events limit his creativity, but there's no good in being narrow-minded. They just need to be wise about new directions.

turtlex
06-07-2010, 08:44 AM
The thing is, the Joker left such an irrefutable dent on the psych of Gotham's citizens, it would be ludicrous not to include him in the third film.

Well, there's no saying they won't mention him, or make reference to him, just that he won't be in the film as a character, right?

fernandito
06-10-2010, 06:29 PM
Riddle Me This
When is an Inception co-star like a Batman 3 villain?
June 9, 2010

When is an actor like a Batman 3 villain? When he's also in Christopher Nolan's new movie, Inception.

Movieline points out a report at their sister site, Hollywood Life, that claims Joseph Gordon-Levitt is Nolan's "first pick" to play the Riddler in Batman 3.

"Chris really dug Joseph [as an actor]," the site's purported insider claims. "There was a joke at first between them [on the set of Inception] that Joseph wanted to read for Batman 3 and things heated up as filming continued."

The site's source continued, "It's not 100% confirmed that he's getting [the role of The Riddler] but there's certainly talk about it. Joseph is definitely on the short list."

The rumor mill first churned out Joseph Gordon-Levitt's name in relation to Batman 3 as a possible replacement for the late Heath Ledger's Joker, but Nolan recently dismissed the idea of recasting the role and said the Joker will not return in any sequels.

If he is indeed cast as the Riddler -- that is if the Riddler is even the villain in Batman 3 -- then it wouldn't be Gordon-Levitt's first turn as a comic book villain. He played Cobra Commander in last summer's G.I. Joe: Rise of Cobra.
SHARE THIS ARTICLE

Empath of the White
06-10-2010, 07:49 PM
The Riddler...could be interesting. He'll certainly be quite a change from the chaos of the Joker in TDK. People in the webs say he's a good villain for Nolan to work with. In the incarnations of the Riddler I've seen--BTAS, Forever, the Hush comic, as well as The Long Halloween and Dark Victory and Joker--he seems like he could be interesting. At the same time, in all the aforementioned titles, it felt as if he were lacking something...in BTAS I recall him being involved in a sci-fi heavy plot. In TLH and DV he was pretty much a rat, and I didn't care for the younger take on the character in Joker.

Perhaps he could be trying to understand why Batman does what he does. What drives him in his war on crime? Or perhaps he has some sort of inferiority complex that leads to the developement of a mindset where he believes that only the intelligent deserve to live.

I imagine Nolan will come up with something interesting for the character. Or maybe Riddler isn't the villain...for all we know, he could go and announce that Prometheus is the villain! That'd be one out of the left field.

Finally, is anyone else in the minority that doesn't want Catwoman in the movie? If Nolan feels a love interest is needed, Andrea Beaumont aka The Phantasm could be interesting. She's got ties to the mob and has an interesting costume and backstory. I suggested this on another site and was pretty much e-drawn and quartered.

fernandito
07-27-2010, 09:02 AM
Confirmed !?!?

The Riddler announced as Batman 3 villain
Joseph Gordon-Levitt a prime candidate for The Riddler.

The Riddler has been announced as the villain of the third instalment of the Batman series from a studio casting grid.

The last movie in the franchise, The Dark Knight, was a big success with The Joker as the antagonist played by Heath Ledger. In the 1995 classic ‘Batman Forever’ directed by Joel Schumacher, The Riddler was played by Jim Carrey.

Joseph Gordon-Levitt has been a rumoured candidate for the role after his association with director Christopher Nolan, having worked together recently in Inception. But there are still speculations of the 29 year old to be playing the role, as the film producers want the age range for the character to be 35-45.

Batman 3 will be released in 2012, followed by Superman. Reports also say that Batman 3 could be shot entirely in IMAX.

Source. (http://dailyconvo.com/the-riddler-announced-as-batman-3-villain/11604/)

DoctorDodge
07-27-2010, 10:33 AM
I'm still being completely unreasonable and just hope that David Tennant gets to play the Riddler. Don't get me wrong, I love everything I've seen JGL in, but David Tennant was born to play a role like the Riddler!

And Tennant fits the age range perfectly! Fingers crossed!

Ricky
07-27-2010, 10:55 AM
Not sure how I feel about JGL being The Riddler. :orely:

fernandito
07-27-2010, 11:10 AM
I for one am thrilled to see what JGL can bring to the character if this does come to fruition. This role could do for him what The Joker did for Ledger, may he rest in peace.

fernandito
08-03-2010, 11:38 AM
Leonardo DiCaprio & Tom Hardy Join Joseph GordonIn The Riddler Competition
Posted by Admin Tuesday, August 3, 2010 9:14 AM

With Christopher Nolan behind the next "Batman" movie, taking part in the film could be a dream for every performer. Words on the street are, Leonardo DiCaprio, Tom Hardy and Joseph Gordon-Levitt who have worked with him in "Inception" are longing to star in untitled Batman 3 project.

The three actors are allegedly battling to play The Ridder in "The Dark Knight" sequel. Comic Book Movie, which obtains the information from an inside source, reports that Warner Bros. allows Nolan to hire one of the actors because of the extra publicity and attention it would bring to the movie as they were praised for their performances in "Inception".

While DiCaprio and Hardy are just added to the list of potential depicter of the movie's villain, Levitt has been linked to the role for quite some time. His status was just listed as "interested" on the list which reportedly mentioned The Riddler as a character which will appear in the upcoming film.

Christopher Nolan is expected to return to the directing seat of "Batman 3" which script is being written by Jonathan Nolan and David S. Goyer. Warner Bros. has secured July 20, 2012 slot for the U.S. release.

As of late, Leonardo DiCaprio was said deciding not to star in untitled Viking project which will be produced by Mel Gibson. The "Titanic" star, however, is on board for producing Catherine Hardwicke-directed thriller "Red Riding Hood".

Tom Hardy, who is possibly best known for playing the title role in British film "Bronson", is set to take a lead role in "Mad Max: Fury Road". He additionally will co-star Reese Witherspoon and Chris Pine in "This Means War".

Joseph Gordon-Levitt, in the meantime, has landed roles in such films as "500 Days of Summer" and "G.I. Joe: Rise of Cobra". He is currently in production for "Premium Rush" and will be soon seen in "Hesher" in which he stars as the title character.

Source. (http://celebrityhollywoodgossips.blogspot.com/2010/08/leonardo-dicaprio-tom-hardy-join-joseph.html)

Ricky
08-03-2010, 11:40 AM
Hmmm....interesting article. Why couldn't Nolan throw Ellen Page into the mix too? :lol:

John Blaze
08-05-2010, 02:27 AM
I love JGL as well, but I'm not sure about him as the Riddler. That being said, I don't like any of the names thrown up there. IDK, maybe they can cast me in it instead, I'd like that. :P

turtlex
08-05-2010, 02:50 AM
Let's see Nolan do something bold like cast a woman as the Riddler?

ETA: Which, I guess, is kind of what Ricky suggested. :blush:

Ricky
08-05-2010, 06:53 AM
Only, I was being sarcastic. :lol:

Now, I bet Oprah could pull it off. Please welcome BRUCE WAYYYYYYNEE!

fernandito
08-05-2010, 11:08 AM
I love JGL as well, but I'm not sure about him as the Riddler. That being said, I don't like any of the names thrown up there. IDK, maybe they can cast me in it instead, I'd like that. :P

Have you seen Inception ? Tom Hardy is a beast in that movie. He has definitely has the acting chops required to pull it off, maybe he just needs to slim down a little.

turtlex
09-02-2010, 07:08 AM
TDK hits 1 Billion Worldwide Gross -
Worldwide: $1,001,921,825

fernandito
09-02-2010, 07:17 AM
A film about a billionaire makes a billion dollars. Nice :)

turtlex
09-02-2010, 07:20 AM
Kinda poetic.

fernandito
09-02-2010, 07:26 AM
Imagine those billion dollars just happen to get stolen by a guy wearing one of these

http://www.yourprops.com/norm-485a8a6eea920-Dark+Knight,+The+%282008%29.jpeg

:rofl:

John Blaze
09-02-2010, 07:11 PM
aahhhh!

fernandito
06-06-2012, 11:47 AM
A thread to discuss Christopher Nolan's trilogy capping Batman film, TDKR !

A few images / articles / clips to wet your respective appetites

Images

Bane
http://www.cinemablend.com/images/news/31084/The_Dark_Knight_Rises_Spot_Delivers_New_Footage_13 37824245.jpg

Characters for the film
http://www.flicksandbits.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/the-dark-knight-rises-wallpaper.jpg

Bane and his army.
http://www.flicksandbits.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/bane-the-dark-knight-rises-wallpaper.jpg

Showdown.
http://www.flicksandbits.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/batman-bane-the-dark-knight-rises-poster-wallpaper.jpg

Trailers / TV Spots

The Dark Knight Rises Trailer #3 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g8evyE9TuYk)

The Dark Knight Rises Trailer #2 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XXAzGGX2tpw)

The Dark Knight Rises TV Spot #6 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dMz6mI4ySsI)

The Dark Knight Rises TV Spot #3
(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R2QAiugnhFo&feature=endscreen&NR=1)

I can't believe that we're only a month away from this ! I'm stopping by the IMAX theater near my house this monday (tickets go on sale) and reserving my spot for opening day!

Please note that once the film is out, I will add a *spoiler* tag to the thread so that those who watch it can come in here and discuss it freely without having to hide the spoiler portion of their posts.

Emily
06-06-2012, 12:01 PM
I have purposely not watched a single trailer for this yet. I've always wanted to do this with a movie I really wanted to see. The suspense is fuggin killing me.

fernandito
06-06-2012, 12:09 PM
I KNOW ME TOO

I'm taking that day off work to watch it! I don't want anything (i.e 'work') getting in the way of that epic day hahaha

DoctorDodge
06-06-2012, 12:20 PM
Feev, as the resident Batman fan on this board, any comic recommendations to give us, for fans of the Nolan trilogy, any recommendations comic wise we should check out? I've just started thinking about this, since I started reading Knightfall, and Bane looks set to be a really fucking awesome villain, and unlike Batman & Robin, seems to be not just another heavy thug but possibly Batman's intellectual equal. He's basically his Moriarty: a villain specifically designed to be awesome enough to either kill or at least destroy the hero in some crucial way. So any recommendations to make to us non-comic readers?

fernandito
06-06-2012, 01:09 PM
Oh absolutely! Apart from the aforementioned Knightfall, which is part of a trilogy

Knightfall 1 - Broken Bat (http://www.amazon.com/Batman-Knightfall-Part-One-Broken/dp/1563891425/ref=sr_1_2?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1339016538&sr=1-2)
Knightfall 2 - Who Rules The Night (http://www.amazon.com/Knightfall-Rules-Night-BATMAN-KNIGHTFALL/dp/B001TMZ1Q6/ref=sr_1_2?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1339016616&sr=1-2)
Knightfall 3 - Knights End (http://www.amazon.com/Batman-Knightfall-Part-Three-KnightsEnd/dp/1563891913/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1339016660&sr=1-1)

You can also scope out Batman vs Bane which was just released this year, it seems that this comic was created specifically for those planning on watching that wish to know a bit more about Bane's origins

Batman vs Bane (http://www.amazon.com/Batman-Versus-Bane-Chuck-Dixon/dp/1401233775/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1339016722&sr=1-1)

And although he isn't the specific focus of this story, he has some very cool scenes in No Man's Land.

No Man's Land (http://www.amazon.com/Batman-Mans-Land-Greg-Rucka/dp/0671774557/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1339016938&sr=8-1)

Ricky
06-06-2012, 01:58 PM
Thanks for the separate thread, feev! I am getting excited as well. I've seen all the trailers and the majority of TV spots, but staying away from spoilers and theories.

Hopefully I'll post my pics. from the Tumbler Tour here some time this week.

DoctorDodge
06-06-2012, 01:58 PM
Just to let you know feev, they seem to have re-released the whole Knightfall saga into 2 large paparback volumes, which makes it a little more convenient and economic to get the whole story, really.

Knightfall Vol. 1 (New Edition) (http://www.amazon.com/Batman-Knightfall-Vol-Chuck-Dixon/dp/1401233791/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1339019986&sr=1-1)

Knightfall Vol. 2 (New Edition) (http://www.amazon.com/Batman-Knightfall-Vol-2-Knightquest/dp/1401235360/ref=bxgy_cc_b_text_b)

fernandito
06-06-2012, 02:40 PM
Thanks for the separate thread, feev! I am getting excited as well. I've seen all the trailers and the majority of TV spots, but staying away from spoilers and theories.

That's good practice. I wish I hadn't seen the prologue, but dammit the curiosity was just way too much for me! I think I know it by memory now, that's how many times I've seen it :lol:

It's probably the greatest intro to an action movie villain ever.

Hopefully I'll post my pics. from the Tumbler Tour here some time this week.

Nice! I'll look out for those.

Just to let you know feev, they seem to have re-released the whole Knightfall saga into 2 large paparback volumes, which makes it a little more convenient and economic to get the whole story, really.

Knightfall Vol. 1 (New Edition) (http://www.amazon.com/Batman-Knightfall-Vol-Chuck-Dixon/dp/1401233791/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1339019986&sr=1-1)

Knightfall Vol. 2 (New Edition) (http://www.amazon.com/Batman-Knightfall-Vol-2-Knightquest/dp/1401235360/ref=bxgy_cc_b_text_b)

Oh snaps I hadn't seen those! In that case you're better off getting them.

Also, for those who haven't - you should check out The Dark Knight Returns (http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_ss_i_0_18?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=the+dark+knight+returns&sprefix=the+dark+knight+re%2Caps%2C364). I know that the film is going to borrow a lot of elements from this graphic novel.

Ricky
06-06-2012, 02:47 PM
That's good practice. I wish I hadn't seen the prologue, but dammit the curiosity was just way too much for me! I think I know it by memory now, that's how many times I've seen it :lol:

It's probably the greatest intro to an action movie villain ever.

Ahh! :excited:

See, I don't need to see the prologue or spoilers: you're the spoiler guniea pig, getting me excited for the movie without me knowing any plot details! :lol:

fernandito
06-06-2012, 02:50 PM

Glad to be of service!

Brice
06-06-2012, 03:01 PM
Oh, Christopher Nolan did a Batman movie?

fernandito
06-06-2012, 03:19 PM
Yeah, not many people have heard of it though. Just keep it on the lowdown, don't want it to get too mainstream.

Brice
06-06-2012, 03:24 PM
I understand...cause then Nolan would become a sellout if people started liking his movie.

fernandito
06-06-2012, 05:34 PM
You got it.

Merlin1958
06-06-2012, 11:28 PM
You got it.

LOL!!!!

fernandito
06-07-2012, 07:09 AM
Batman expert Will Brooker notes the graphic novels that he believes The Dark Knight Rises will draw the most inspirtation from (you will notice that the ones I recommended are on there :D). Be aware that the bottom portion of the article is his hypothesis as to what Bruce Wayne's ultimate fate in the film will be.

Clues From The Comics About Batman's Fate In The Dark Knight Rises. (http://io9.com/5916489/clues-from-the-comics-about-batmans-fate-in-the-dark-knight-rises/)

Ricky
06-07-2012, 08:05 AM
The running time for TDKR is...

2 hrs. 45 mins.!! :excited:

fernandito
06-07-2012, 08:15 AM
If it ran for 3 hours and 45 minutes it wouldn't be enough for me :lol:

Bring it! MY BODY IS READY.

Heather19
06-07-2012, 09:03 AM
Oh my gosh that's long.

fernandito
06-07-2012, 09:04 AM
Oh my gosh that's long.

That's what she said.

Heather19
06-07-2012, 09:25 AM

DoctorDodge
06-07-2012, 09:30 AM
"Come at me, bro."http://www.flicksandbits.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/batman-bane-the-dark-knight-rises-poster-wallpaper.jpg

Just thought I'd give it a more fitting name.

alkanto
06-07-2012, 09:35 AM
I am getting so excited to see this movie...I haven't seen any trailers or previews, either, with the exception of the last 30 sec of the trailer before the Avengers.

The best part about it? I'm going to see it in London :excited:

fernandito
06-07-2012, 09:37 AM

Nice touch! A few more images

http://www.movieviral.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/TDKR-Poster-6.jpg

http://www.movieviral.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/TDKR-Poster-4.jpg

Ricky
06-07-2012, 10:25 AM
So who's doing midnight showings? I don't know if I can make it (plus, the crowds! the crowds!) :lol:

AMC is going to do a BB and TDK showing back-to-back leading up to TDKR at midnight. Locations haven't been announced yet, but I'm keeping my eye out.

fernandito
06-07-2012, 10:42 AM
Heather - Here is an extreme close up of Bane so that you can really appreciate the level of detail on his mask

http://www.aceshowbiz.com/images/news/dark-knight-rises-new-bane-photo.jpg

So who's doing midnight showings? I don't know if I can make it (plus, the crowds! the crowds!) :lol:

AMC is going to do a BB and TDK showing back-to-back leading up to TDKR at midnight. Locations haven't been announced yet, but I'm keeping my eye out.

All of the July 19th midnight showings are sold out everywhere here in LA! They've been sold out since February.

Heather19
06-07-2012, 10:47 AM
Thanks Feev! That's pretty interesting mask but very creepy at the same time :lol:

Ricky
06-07-2012, 01:45 PM
FINALLY getting around to posting some pics from the Tumbler Tour last week. These were the actual ones used in the films. :D

For security, he was texting way too much. Gave me time to find his weak spot and touch the Bat-pod. :lol:

http://i46.tinypic.com/1e44s5.jpg

http://i45.tinypic.com/skyu50.jpg

http://i45.tinypic.com/11ukniu.jpg

The Tumbler is LOUD. But the horn has got to be the dinkiest thing I've ever heard. There's a reason why you never see Batman using it in the movies. :lol:

I have a video of the guy driving/revving it up, but it's not uploading properly.

http://i48.tinypic.com/x2wh3m.jpg

http://i48.tinypic.com/i2lhcw.jpg

The "seat" does NOT look comfortable at all.

http://i45.tinypic.com/p4prr.jpg

Me risking jail time for the first time of the day:

http://i46.tinypic.com/snyk4w.jpg

Some cool trivia:

Tumbler costs $2,000,000
Bat-pod costs (if I remember correctly) $750,000
Inside the Tumbler was 114 degrees. It does NOT have AC.

fernandito
06-07-2012, 01:52 PM
Very nice, Rick ! I knew inside of the Tumbler was hot, but I didn't think it was 114 degrees hot! No wonder Bale complained about headaches hahaha.

And yeah, the seat for the pod doesn't look the least bit comfortable.

Heather19
06-07-2012, 01:55 PM
Where's the rest of you Ricky?

alkanto
06-07-2012, 03:35 PM
Where's the rest of you Ricky?

My thoughts exactly.... :lol:

Ricky
06-07-2012, 04:30 PM
I do have some pics of me with it. Should I post them? :D

Heather19
06-07-2012, 04:33 PM
I do have some pics of me with it. Should I post them? :D

Uhmmm, do you even have to ask?! :D

Ricky
06-07-2012, 04:36 PM
I might. But it's on my phone so I'll have to e-mail it to myself first. :lol:

Here's a few more until then:

http://i46.tinypic.com/121zvgw.jpg

http://i50.tinypic.com/b6avth.jpg

I got one of the shirts she's holding along with keychains and posters.

alkanto
06-07-2012, 05:57 PM
So...who is the poor guy who gets to stand in the blazing heat in a batman costume, probably not moving or talking much? :lol:

Seriously, Ricky, those pics are really cool. I want to see them, now...

Ricky
06-08-2012, 07:30 AM
So...who is the poor guy who gets to stand in the blazing heat in a batman costume, probably not moving or talking much? :lol:

Umm...it's Christian Bale. Duh! Can't you tell?

Heather19
06-08-2012, 07:57 AM
Ricky! I came running in here thinking you posted a certain pic!

fernandito
06-08-2012, 12:05 PM
Sorry UK'ers (James), no midnight screenings for TDKR in the UK!

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/nailbiter111/news/?a=61254

DoctorDodge
06-08-2012, 12:44 PM
Sorry UK'ers (James), no midnight screenings for TDKR in the UK!

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/nailbiter111/news/?a=61254

http://www.gifsoup.com/view7/2488460/malcolm-tucker-reaction-o.gif

Oh well. It's not like there's gonna be any midnight screenings for the other comic book movie I'm looking forward to, so I'm not too bothered.

Bethany
06-08-2012, 06:42 PM
OMG! RICKY HAS AN ARM!!!!!!!!!

Empath of the White
06-08-2012, 08:40 PM
I've been thinking about how a certain character could be involved. Warning, this could be a pretty big spoiler.

This is how I'd like to see the League tied to Bane.

Ra's Al Ghul leads the League against Bane's home town and destroys it for whatever reason. Bane's father was a League target; later an older Bane returned to join the League. He was accepted in, and participated in a mission that resulted in the fire that nearly incapacitated him.

He used the League's resources to create his anesthetic as well as the apparatus. During the course of his research to create the gas, Bane sowed dissent in the League. Finally, after gathering enough followers to his cause--from within the League and without (among those towns and cities targeted by the League)--Bane defected, taking a large number of the LOS with him.

Later, when Talia gathered reports about Bane's activities, she and the LOS members left reunited and traced his schemes to their culmination in Gotham City. Thus she traveled to Gotham and infiltrated Wayne Enterprises. Here she hoped to convince Bruce to resume his father's endevours on behalf of Gotham's citizens.

This would make it harder for Bane to gather followers from Gotham's downtrodden and incite revolution. This appears to succeed, until Bane gathers evidence against Gotham's police force that would implicate Dent in the murders Batman took credit for.

Thus, Talia is forced to supply Bane with WE Tumblers etc. in order to get into his good graces, in hopes of being able to assassinate him and either retake the League or execute those who followed Bane.

fernandito
06-09-2012, 08:45 AM
Very, very good theory Empath ...

Ricky
06-11-2012, 10:11 AM
The theater I go to is having the AMC Dark Knight trilogy on July 19th, but I can't decide if I want to go! I'm all for watching them all back-to-back, but I religiously stay away from movies on opening night to avoid stupid people and rowdy crowds.

fernandito
06-11-2012, 10:20 AM
JUST BOUGHT MY TICKETS FOR THE MIDNIGHT SHOWING!!

Merlin1958
06-11-2012, 06:11 PM
JUST BOUGHT MY TICKETS FOR THE MIDNIGHT SHOWING!!

Very, very cool!!!!! Enjoy!!! Be sure to post a "review"!!!!

fernandito
06-15-2012, 09:50 AM
I will, Merlin!

Also, check out this latest TV spot you guise! :D

New TV Spot (http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/MarvelFreshman/news/?a=61777)

Brice
06-17-2012, 08:45 PM
I don't think all of us combined could STOP feev from posting his review. LOL

Empath of the White
06-19-2012, 06:08 AM
New trailer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ASQqjK47c04

fernandito
06-19-2012, 07:17 AM
jaysus ... my mind ... i can't even .... I CAN'T WAIT

Ricky
06-19-2012, 07:21 PM
NEW trailer? :o

Before I watch, does it feature any clips that may be spoilery?

Empath of the White
06-20-2012, 05:26 AM
Nothing spoilery at all. :) I read that there's an embargo on reviews that's going to be lifted on June 29th. Between that date and the 20th, I'm going cold turkey on this.

Something interesting I noticed from some spy videos taken during filming is that Gary Oldman had a few scenes in winter Gotham with Marion Cotillard. In the trailer where you see some of Bane's mercs firing on a walkway spanning a large, crowded room, you can see JGL and Marion Cotillard's character shrinking into the shadows..

fernandito
06-20-2012, 08:14 AM
Yeah, the trailers has given some pretty strong clues as to how things will play out ...

In one of the TV spots, we see Catwoman (I heard she's never referred to as such during the film, wtf?) is seen backing away slowly from prison style bars, a look of regret on her face...

In this latest trailer, Batman backing is looking across those very same bars with a look of dumb realization on his face, and we see Bane slowly sneaking of behind him. I'm guessing Catwoman will help Bane lure Bats out at the beginning of the film so that he can have him all to himself.

fernandito
06-20-2012, 08:41 AM
PS -

WE'RE ONLY ONE MONTH AWAY !

beam*seeker
06-20-2012, 09:20 AM
Is this going to follow the KnightFall story?

fernandito
06-20-2012, 10:25 AM
It's not going to follow it verbatim, but yes it will be heavily influenced by it.

Merlin1958
06-20-2012, 12:04 PM
It's not going to follow it verbatim, but yes it will be heavily influenced by it.

Where's the best place to get a cliff notes on this "Knightfall" story? I don't mind spoilers and it may help get me through the NEXT FREAKING MONTH!!!!

fernandito
06-20-2012, 12:43 PM
Batman : Knightfall (storyline)
(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Batman:_Knightfall)

It also touches upon the stories leading up to it. Shouldn't take more than 10 minutes to read. Enjoy! :)

Merlin1958
06-20-2012, 12:47 PM
Batman : Knightfall (storyline)
(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Batman:_Knightfall)

It also touches upon the stories leading up to it. Shouldn't take more than 10 minutes to read. Enjoy! :)

Thanks, Feev!!!

fernandito
06-20-2012, 12:51 PM
No worries sir!

Also, just came across this on IGN:

The Dark Knight Rises : What's the Harvey Dent Act ? (http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/06/20/the-dark-knight-rises-the-harvey-dent-act)

fernandito
06-25-2012, 09:06 AM
A letter from Lucius Fox to Bruce Wayne expressing his concern about a possible interference from the Board of Directors ...

-----
Dear Bruce,

I hope this letter finds you well. Although I would have liked to have had this conversation with you personally, Alfred tells me I am better off writing as you are not receiving any visitors at the moment. That being the case, I’ll do my best to detail what I feel is becoming a situation within the company.

It’s a given that in the current economic climate our investors have become increasingly concerned about how their money is being spent. As such, our own profitability is being judged and analyzed, particularly by the Board itself. In the past, we haven’t given them any reason to worry as both our earnings and spending have been consistent. This allowed us the autonomy to dedicate resources to Wayne philanthropic programs as well as our own R&D endeavors. But over the past five quarters, our earnings have been on the downtrend. Meanwhile, our R&D spending has been on an astronomical uptrend. And as the black grows fainter around the entire company, I am being put into a position where I have to answer certain questions, particularly about your energy project.

No one is going to dispute the fact that innovation is key to our growth and success. It’s a mainstay of our business, which is all the more reason why the Board has begun to scrutinize our R&D budget and set their sights on your machine. Since they don’t know exactly what you’re up to, all they understand is a vast amount of capital is being spent on something they now deem as fruitless – quest for clean energy. Herein lies the problem.

The last time we spoke, you expressed your reluctance to move the project forward and initiate the next phase of trials. I understand your argument as to why. But if you want the company to continue to fund your efforts, I think it is time we give the Board more than just the overview they already have, enlightening them on what this project will mean to Gotham if you are successful. On a personal note, I’d also like to let them know that with age, Bruce Wayne has decided to fill his father’s shoes, using Wayne Enterprises and all its resources to readily and reliably support our city.

Nothing bad can come from this, Bruce. But if you decide not to address the issue at hand, I am not sure how long I can keep the Board at bay. Making matters more difficult is your absence. I am assuming you have your reasons for it and it is not my job to question those, but I fear that if you are going to drop off the radar for an extended period of time, we may risk another Bill Earle situation. I can see a couple [of] Board Members already maneuvering to build influence around the table, most notably John Daggett, who I feel is the last person we want to engage in a power struggle.

When I agreed to take on this role I knew full well what the job and our agreement entailed. I am also well aware of your preferred ways of handling all matters relating to Wayne Enterprises However, I must tell you that we are quickly approaching a set of circumstances that will unfortunately call for a change if we do not address the Board. Change in most instances is not a bad thing, but in this regard I am worried. I’m sure you consider my pessimism to be just another part of my charm. That may be the case, but let’s remember: you didn’t hire me for my charm.

I look forward to hearing from you.

With luck it will be in person.

Regards,
Lucius Fox

Source (http://batman-news.com/2012/06/25/theres-trouble-wayne-enterprises-the-dark-knight-rises/).

beam*seeker
06-27-2012, 05:40 AM
It's not going to follow it verbatim, but yes it will be heavily influenced by it. YES!!!

A letter from Lucius Fox to Bruce Wayne expressing his concern about a possible interference from the Board of Directors ...

-----
Dear Bruce,

I hope this letter finds you well. Although I would have liked to have had this conversation with you personally, Alfred tells me I am better off writing as you are not receiving any visitors at the moment. That being the case, I’ll do my best to detail what I feel is becoming a situation within the company.

It’s a given that in the current economic climate our investors have become increasingly concerned about how their money is being spent. As such, our own profitability is being judged and analyzed, particularly by the Board itself. In the past, we haven’t given them any reason to worry as both our earnings and spending have been consistent. This allowed us the autonomy to dedicate resources to Wayne philanthropic programs as well as our own R&D endeavors. But over the past five quarters, our earnings have been on the downtrend. Meanwhile, our R&D spending has been on an astronomical uptrend. And as the black grows fainter around the entire company, I am being put into a position where I have to answer certain questions, particularly about your energy project.

No one is going to dispute the fact that innovation is key to our growth and success. It’s a mainstay of our business, which is all the more reason why the Board has begun to scrutinize our R&D budget and set their sights on your machine. Since they don’t know exactly what you’re up to, all they understand is a vast amount of capital is being spent on something they now deem as fruitless – quest for clean energy. Herein lies the problem.

The last time we spoke, you expressed your reluctance to move the project forward and initiate the next phase of trials. I understand your argument as to why. But if you want the company to continue to fund your efforts, I think it is time we give the Board more than just the overview they already have, enlightening them on what this project will mean to Gotham if you are successful. On a personal note, I’d also like to let them know that with age, Bruce Wayne has decided to fill his father’s shoes, using Wayne Enterprises and all its resources to readily and reliably support our city.

Nothing bad can come from this, Bruce. But if you decide not to address the issue at hand, I am not sure how long I can keep the Board at bay. Making matters more difficult is your absence. I am assuming you have your reasons for it and it is not my job to question those, but I fear that if you are going to drop off the radar for an extended period of time, we may risk another Bill Earle situation. I can see a couple [of] Board Members already maneuvering to build influence around the table, most notably John Daggett, who I feel is the last person we want to engage in a power struggle.

When I agreed to take on this role I knew full well what the job and our agreement entailed. I am also well aware of your preferred ways of handling all matters relating to Wayne Enterprises However, I must tell you that we are quickly approaching a set of circumstances that will unfortunately call for a change if we do not address the Board. Change in most instances is not a bad thing, but in this regard I am worried. I’m sure you consider my pessimism to be just another part of my charm. That may be the case, but let’s remember: you didn’t hire me for my charm.

I look forward to hearing from you.

With luck it will be in person.

Regards,
Lucius Fox

Source (http://batman-news.com/2012/06/25/theres-trouble-wayne-enterprises-the-dark-knight-rises/).

Not to be Captain Obvious or anything, but Lucius is the awesomeness. I can't decide if this movie can live up to the epic fucking greatness I have envisioned in my head for it?

fernandito
06-27-2012, 08:11 AM
Well that's the challenge, innit? Not to get so hyped up to the point that it would be impossible for the film to meet those lofty expectations.

They're making it very, very tough for us though, aren't they ? It's hard not to squeeee a bit with all of these awesome images/tv spots/trailers.

DoctorDodge
06-27-2012, 08:14 AM
And the quality of the previous two films. Of course, unlike Prometheus, this definitely has a better chance of matching as close to those expectations as possible. Mainly because, unlike Scott, Nolan hasn't spent ten years making fairly, but not totally, "meh" movies. They have, in fact, generally been bloody brilliant. Yeah, this is gonna be awesome.

alkanto
06-27-2012, 08:23 AM
Found these amazing pics on tumblr. Advertising done right!
http://i677.photobucket.com/albums/vv139/declarationDRC/batday.jpg
http://i677.photobucket.com/albums/vv139/declarationDRC/batnight.jpg

fernandito
06-27-2012, 09:11 AM
And the quality of the previous two films. Of course, unlike Prometheus, this definitely has a better chance of matching as close to those expectations as possible. Mainly because, unlike Scott, Nolan hasn't spent ten years making fairly, but not totally, "meh" movies. They have, in fact, generally been bloody brilliant. Yeah, this is gonna be awesome.

Yup. And besides, Nolan has always had a very clear idea of how he was going to end the series .. whereas Scott took the 'let's throw stuff on the wall and see what sticks' approach.

Found these amazing pics on tumblr. Advertising done right!
http://i677.photobucket.com/albums/vv139/declarationDRC/batday.jpg
http://i677.photobucket.com/albums/vv139/declarationDRC/batnight.jpg

I'm loving it!

Brice
06-27-2012, 08:35 PM
For Ferny:

http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t173/fatuhiva/batmangif.gif

fernandito
06-28-2012, 08:03 AM
Oooooh! That will be a nice addition to my gif collection.

:thumbsup:

Brice
06-28-2012, 10:20 AM
Stolen from someone's tumblr. :D

beam*seeker
06-28-2012, 04:01 PM

Good point. With the KnightFall material, it would be hard to make this bad, but its F**king Hollywood after all.

Empath of the White
06-28-2012, 05:15 PM
In the Empire magazine from November 2011, the interview with either Chris or Emma stated that they had this story pinned down as of Fall-Winter 2008. As far as Hollywood making things bad--REALLY bad, like halfassing realism with more fantastic elements--look at Dragonball Evolution. So it does happen, but I think WB is confident about giving Chris creative control after The Dark Knight and Inception.

So did anyone check out that Rykin website? Seems like they've got something Bane could be interested in...

fernandito
06-29-2012, 07:17 AM
...but I think WB is confident about giving Chris creative control after The Dark Knight and Inception.

True, but that doesn't mean they haven't tried to weasel in a few things. They wanted Nolan to shoot TDKR for a 3D release, but he was vehemently against it.

They also wanted him to cast DiCaprio as The Riddler. He's the third most popular villian behind Joker and Two Face, but Nolan said "LOL NOPE".

Ricky
06-29-2012, 06:49 PM
Does anyone have any idea of the score's title that plays in the Nokia trailer? I love it and can't remember it matching any samples I've listened to.

OchrisO
06-29-2012, 07:02 PM
...but I think WB is confident about giving Chris creative control after The Dark Knight and Inception.

True, but that doesn't mean they haven't tried to weasel in a few things. They wanted Nolan to shoot TDKR for a 3D release, but he was vehemently against it.

They also wanted him to cast DiCaprio as The Riddler. He's the third most popular villian behind Joker and Two Face, but Nolan said "LOL NOPE".

Hollywood interference aside, I would actually really like to see a movie of the Hush story arc with DiCaprio as The Riddler, where he is a bit more dark, manipulative and insane at times.

mtdman
06-30-2012, 03:22 PM
Does anyone have a general cliff's notes plot on this movie yet? I can't find much of anything besides random speculation.

fernandito
07-02-2012, 01:58 PM
Does anyone have any idea of the score's title that plays in the Nokia trailer? I love it and can't remember it matching any samples I've listened to.

Have you tried browsing the youtube comments? There's usually one or two users that post stuff like that up.

Hollywood interference aside, I would actually really like to see a movie of the Hush story arc with DiCaprio as The Riddler, where he is a bit more dark, manipulative and insane at times.

I would love to see a modern day interpretation of The Riddler. Hopefully he won't be reduced to a Joker rehash like in Batman Forever.

Does anyone have a general cliff's notes plot on this movie yet? I can't find much of anything besides random speculation.

All we have at this point is speculation and a few snippits of clues from the Nolan brothers. We do know that this will be more of a 'war film' whereas TDK was more of a crime film.

Ricky
07-02-2012, 03:58 PM
I think I did look through the comments, feev, but didn't see any track listings.

As for the "war" angle of the film, I'm really hoping that it's done well, rather than a series of fights and explosions and riots. I guess that's the pessimistic side of me coming out since we really don't have too many plot details to go on just yet to judge how the film's going to be structured.

fernandito
07-03-2012, 08:28 AM
The Dark Knight Rises official runtime : 164 minutes. (http://collider.com/the-dark-knight-rises-runtime/177214/)

mtdman
07-03-2012, 09:57 AM
I have a hard time getting up for this movie. I did like the first movie, but not the 2nd. Not a real fan of what Nolan has done with the franchise overall.

Merlin1958
07-03-2012, 07:29 PM
I have a hard time getting up for this movie. I did like the first movie, but not the 2nd. Not a real fan of what Nolan has done with the franchise overall.

I mean no offense whatsoever, but you must be like the only American movie-goer that feels this way!! Plus, odd that you would post in a DKR thread...

To each his own of course!! Keep on trucking!!!

mtdman
07-04-2012, 07:12 AM

I mean no offense whatsoever, but you must be like the only American movie-goer that feels this way!! Plus, odd that you would post in a DKR thread...

To each his own of course!! Keep on trucking!!!

I didn't say I wasn't interested, just not really getting too hyped up for it. As a batman fan I'm interested in what the plot of the movie is. The Knightfall series in the comic was pretty good, I'd like to see the movie follow that. And yeah, I know I'm not typical with my opinion on the last movie. But I thought the first movie was fabulous.

Ricky
07-06-2012, 07:50 AM
The Dark Knight Rises Production Notes (http://www.thedarkknightrises.com/downloads/TDKR_productionNotes.pdf)

fernandito
07-06-2012, 07:57 AM
I was reading those last night. Couldn't help myself. :blush:

fernandito
07-06-2012, 07:59 AM
Also, Empire online is doing a TDKR countdown. Everyday they're adding a new article - they can range from production notes to the previous films, to Q&A sessions with the actors. It's set up in an awesome calendar like format.

Check it out. (http://www.empireonline.com/features/darkknighttrilogy/)

Ricky
07-06-2012, 08:22 AM
I didn't think the production notes were too spoilery, so no need to feel shame, feev. Now, watching the prologue on the other hand... :lol:

The Empire countdown is cool. I was just reading a couple articles.

Anyone doing a Batman Begins and The Dark Knight re-watch before the 20th? Maybe we could organize one on the site if anyone's interested?

fernandito
07-06-2012, 08:35 AM
I'm so down. I was going to watch BB on Wednesday and TDK on Thursday leading up to the big day, but I'm definitely on board for a rewatch if others are interested.

Ricky
07-06-2012, 12:12 PM
Ah, that's what I was thinking of doing too. This will be the first time I've been to a movie on opening day since...I can't even remember.

fernandito
07-06-2012, 12:16 PM
I went to the midnight showing of TDK back in 2008. The show started at 12:20, ended at roughly 3 a.m, and then I went home, slept for two hours, and got up for work :lol:

The only reason I'm not watching this opening night (Thursday going on Friday) is because there are no more IMAX tickets for that show and there is NO way I am not watching this in IMAX.

Ricky
07-06-2012, 12:19 PM
Yeah, as much as I would love to do that (aside from stupid crowds), I would be nervous that I'd fall asleep. My local AMC is doing a Dark Knight trilogy leading up to TDKR at midnight on the 19th. Starts at 6:00pm and probably ends at 3:30am. I don't think there's enough Starbucks in the world. :lol:

Ricky
07-06-2012, 06:18 PM
All right guys, which one? I'm torn.

http://www.amazon.com/Comics-Knight-Rises-Teaser-T-Shirt/dp/B006DUMZHM/ref=sr_1_9?ie=UTF8&qid=1341627467&sr=8-9&keywords=the+dark+knight+rises+shirt+hot+topic

http://www.amazon.com/Comics-Knight-Rises-Legend-T-Shirt/dp/B008413BF8/ref=pd_sbs_a_1

Merlin1958
07-07-2012, 01:48 PM
#1 definitely. I ordered one as well!!!

fernandito
07-07-2012, 07:22 PM
I'll be getting the Bane one, I already have plenty of Batman shirts.

Plus, Bane is the shit :)

Ricky
07-08-2012, 07:03 AM
I like how it has the title of the movie, whereas the teaser shirt doesn't.

Merlin1958
07-08-2012, 07:21 AM
AICN has a new featurette for viewing!!!!

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/56837

Ricky
07-08-2012, 08:23 AM
I'm going to try to restrain myself.

sgc1999
07-08-2012, 08:57 AM
So is the title like, inspired by his morning wood?

Ricky
07-08-2012, 01:20 PM
I've just been reading non-spoiler reviews from critics who went to advance screenings, and I haven't read one negative thing. Everyone's saying that everything comes together well and that the music, the acting, the story, etc. is all phenomenal. And that it blows The Dark Knight out of the water. If that's the case, I think our minds are going to explode. I am getting really excited. :excited:

For anyone interested, there's a pretty good non-spoiler collection of critic opinions Here (http://www.nolanfans.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=33&t=10680).

Empath of the White
07-08-2012, 02:33 PM
I've read some of the same stuff, Ricky. Over on SuperHeroHype two of the users who attended a screening assured me that Nolan does Bane justice. This was really reassuring, after Someone named Devin Faraci broke the news that Talia Al Ghul is in the movie and Bane is her muscle. He reported on Ledger being cast as the Joker back before it was officially announced, so he's likely legit.

There's a 13 minute making of featurette out now; that prison we see in the 2nd theatrical trailer with all the stairs, where Bruce asks that old guy "what does it mean?", has some kind of fluid on its lowest level. There's also a quickie of a bald child in prison. Speculation is that this is actually Talia, as actress Joey King had filmed some scenes bald.

As far as shipping goes, I'm Bruce Wayne/Miranda Tate all the way. :D

eeZee
07-08-2012, 02:46 PM
This movie is going to be ridonk. I am likewise wary of the treatment Bane will receive but I trust Nolan to get it done right.

Ricky
07-08-2012, 03:23 PM
Must...not...click...spoilers. :panic:

Merlin1958
07-09-2012, 12:45 AM
Must...not...click...spoilers. :panic:

Go for it, Ricky. You know you want to!!!!! In the end what will it spoil? Nothing will compare to the "First viewing"!!! And you WILL see it twice (at least, right?)

:belial:

Ricky
07-09-2012, 08:42 AM
Oh, I definitely want to click the spoilers, but why ruin it when I'm thiiiiiiis close? I've stayed away from spoilers, speculation, theories, everything. :)

And provided it's good, there's a very high chance that I'll be seeing it twice. I saw The Dark Knight twice and Inception three times in the theater. I guess we'll see!

fernandito
07-09-2012, 12:00 PM
Some of those non-spoiler reviews have made me very happy .................................................. ..... in my pants.

In all honesty though this has only increased my anticipation for the film even more, if that's physically possible. The next ten days are going to be HELL.

fernandito
07-09-2012, 03:17 PM
How Charles Dickens' 'A Tale of Two Cities' inspired the script for 'The Dark Knight Rises' (http://www.geeksofdoom.com/2012/07/09/how-charles-dickens-a-tale-of-two-cities-inspired-script-for-the-dark-knight-rises/)

fernandito
07-10-2012, 09:22 AM
Christopher Nolan says he will not produce 'Justice League' or reincarnated Batman films. (http://www.geeksofdoom.com/2012/07/10/christopher-nolan-says-he-will-not-produce-justice-league-or-reincarnated-batman-films/)

Merlin1958
07-10-2012, 04:46 PM
This is way cool and I am like so there!!!

http://www.harkinstheatres.com/darkknight.aspx

Ricky
07-10-2012, 06:16 PM
That's a pretty good price, I'd say. My theater is doing the same thing on the 19th. $25 for regular, $40 for IMAX.

Ricky
07-11-2012, 04:49 PM
So what showtime is everybody going to?

Merlin1958
07-11-2012, 04:56 PM
So what showtime is everybody going to?

IDT there is too much choice. 6pm gets you to the Midnight release.

fernandito
07-12-2012, 09:22 AM
I'm doing the 7/20 - 10 A.M Matinee - IMAX showtime.

All 7/19 midnight IMAX showtimes were sold out months ago, and this was the first showing after that. I already asked for that day off weeks ago :)

Ricky
07-12-2012, 11:46 AM
My shirt came today! :excited:

It's the theatrical poster one. With Bane and the broken mask.

Merlin1958
07-12-2012, 03:41 PM
My shirt came today! :excited:

It's the theatrical poster one. With Bane and the broken mask.

Big time Congrats, Ricky!!!

:biggrin1:

Ricky
07-12-2012, 03:42 PM
Clearly this is a monumental occasion in my life. :lol:

And as of right now, I believe I'm going to the 11:40am IMAX on 7/20. Woo!

Merlin1958
07-12-2012, 03:45 PM
Somehow I managed to get tix for the 7/19 marathon!! Probably will only make TDK & TDKR, but what the hey??? Cool!!!

Ricky
07-12-2012, 03:52 PM
Make sure you get plenty of coffee in you, Bill.

Merlin1958
07-12-2012, 03:56 PM
Make sure you get plenty of coffee in you, Bill.

Oh, I'm taking a serious nap before showtime!!!

Sucks getting old!!!! LOL My main concern is having to pee too much!!! LOL LOL

Empath of the White
07-12-2012, 05:49 PM
IDK about that coffee; you don't wanna have to go to the RR too much. :P Spoilers are out there now, guys. I've been avoiding them like the plague. Supposedly the ending has been leaked. I was thinking about Bane's possible origins. This is totally speculation, based off the pics of him with the picture of Harvey Dent.

If some sort of corrupt bureaucracy is responsible for Bane's incarceration in a Pena Dura-esque place as a child, then it sort of makes him a mirror to Bruce Wayne. As a child, Bruce had his innocent worldview shattered when Chill killed his parents. If Bane were placed in a hellhole like Pena Dura, then he probably witnessed plenty of brutal prison feuds, and perhaps suffered from abuse from an older inmate.

Both would have a reason to be disgusted with any regime they percieve as being rife with corruption. The difference between these two is likely going to be in how the deal with it. Maybe this is part of what brings Bane to Gotham; the Harvey Dent coverup. I hope there's more; as I said, this is all speculation.

Edit: Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand. Apparently Dave Letterman spoiled something big.

Ricky
07-12-2012, 06:21 PM
Spoilers seem to be cropping up even on the non-spoiler section of Nolan Fans. I guess we have to be very careful until the 20th. Seems like they have a habit of sneaking up in places where you wouldn't think.

fernandito
07-13-2012, 06:52 AM
I'm going to be avoiding a lot of the forums I normally visit until the 20th. IMDB should be a no fly zone as well. We've come too far dammit.

Oh, and

ONE MORE WEEK !

Ricky
07-13-2012, 07:48 AM
Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand. Apparently Dave Letterman spoiled something big.

Yeah, I was watching last night and I really couldn't tell if he was being serious or not, even though he played it off as a joke. And Anne looked mortified once he said it.

fernandito
07-13-2012, 07:51 AM
I'm going to be avoiding a lot of the forums I normally visit until the 20th. IMDB should be a no fly zone as well. We've come too far dammit.

Oh, and

ONE MORE WEEK !

Fuck yeah! That's awesome!

Ricky
07-13-2012, 08:13 AM
I don't know if I've ever posted these, but since there's ONE MORE WEEK, I guess it's appropriate:

(Spoilered for size)

http://i48.tinypic.com/1zqwjug.jpg

http://i50.tinypic.com/9rrluv.jpg

fernandito
07-13-2012, 08:17 AM

Oh, and

ONE MORE WEEK !

I KNOW RIGHT !??!

Merlin1958
07-13-2012, 08:19 AM

Oh, and

ONE MORE WEEK !

True Dat!!!!

Ricky
07-13-2012, 10:50 AM
Wait, what movie are we talking about?

Merlin1958
07-13-2012, 11:44 AM
Wait, what movie are we talking about?

Why, "the new Spider-Man" of course!!!!

:tongue1:

fernandito
07-13-2012, 11:58 AM

IWasSentWest
07-13-2012, 01:23 PM
im getting that itch. one week.

Ricky
07-14-2012, 02:35 PM
Got my tickets for 7/20 11:40am IMAX! :excited:

However, I am a bit nervous. It's the first IMAX showing of the day, and I had planned on getting there an hour to an hour and a half early (per the manager's suggestion) but the girl at the ticket counter said to get there by 8:30am. I have no idea what to believe. Thoughts?

How early is everyone going to be in line before your showing starts?

fernandito
07-16-2012, 07:25 AM
I have assigned seating, sooooo I'll be there 10 minutes before the movie starts :cool:

TDKR is currently sitting at a 94% fresh rating over at Rotten Tomatoes. 15/15 positive reviews. Off to a good start ...

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/the_dark_knight_rises/

fernandito
07-16-2012, 12:15 PM
97%!! :excited:

Ricky
07-16-2012, 12:43 PM
Oh...Oh my...m-my God. Do you...do you think it could get to...98%?!

fernandito
07-16-2012, 01:48 PM
We can only hope, Ricky ... we can only hope ...

(hopeful, teary eyed glance into the horizon)

Ricky
07-16-2012, 04:25 PM
I think it's great how there are so many positive reviews. I think out of the 20ish that I've seen published so far, only two have been negative. And one was from the AP, so... :lol:

And there's a Batmobile "through the years" type documentary on CW at 8:30pm EST if anyone's interested. I'll be watching. :D

Empath of the White
07-16-2012, 06:52 PM
The only negative reviews I've read seem disappointed that this isn't The Dark Knight, Part II. That's fine in my book; I'm looking forward to how Nolan manages to convince us that Bane is a villain after the uprising.

Ricky
07-16-2012, 07:28 PM
That's what I've read, too. What I like about Nolan's series is that each film is different (BB vs. TDK) but maintains the same tone, so I'm looking forward to see how TDKR is both different from the others while bringing the trilogy to a nice close.

Empath of the White
07-18-2012, 06:51 AM
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/07/18/limbaugh-bane-dark-knight-rises_n_1681716.html

fernandito
07-18-2012, 07:15 AM
http://theinsanityreport.com/home/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/sisko-facepalm.jpg

Ricky
07-18-2012, 01:22 PM
TDKR has been officially released in Australia. Be careful around the net, guys!

fernandito
07-18-2012, 02:20 PM
Oh shit. I might have to go on an internet blackout for the remainder of the day today/tomorrow.

It's currently sitting at 86% on Rotten Tomatoes. 101 positive reviews and 16 negative. Pretty damn good ratio I say !

alkanto
07-18-2012, 02:24 PM
Yeah, I've already blacklisted any possible tags on tumblr. Tumblr is a very hard place to be, when big releases like this come out

Ricky
07-18-2012, 02:26 PM
I'm finding it very hard to resist the urge to go on Nolan Fans, search for reviews, etc.

2 days! :panic:

fernandito
07-18-2012, 02:49 PM
Yeah, that's the best approach. Just avoid the reviews, don't let them skew your preconceived notions in either direction.

It's too late for me in that regard, unfortunately. I'm staying as spoiler free as I can though until Friday!

Ricky
07-18-2012, 02:51 PM
Crap, feev. NOW you decide to stay spoiler-free? Mr. Prologue Watcher. :lol:

fernandito
07-18-2012, 02:56 PM
:blush:

I tried dammit, I tried! The Dark Side of the Force-esque pull of the prologue was too much for me haha. That's the only really spoilerific thing I saw, however. Honest! I thankfully haven't been exposed to any other heavy plot points.

Ricky
07-18-2012, 02:59 PM
There, there. Why do we fall, feev? :rofl:

TDKR has also premiered in the UK! Spoilers are out there!

mae
07-18-2012, 05:35 PM
Did you all see this coolness?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HSgpu0aGKG8

Ben Staad
07-18-2012, 05:37 PM
I have avoided anything and everything to do with this movie. Can't wait to see it.

Empath of the White
07-18-2012, 06:34 PM
@The Rotten Tomatos score: What if I told you that on another forum, people are crying "Threequel Curse!"

Also, a trustworthy user on SHH who saw it today said there was a lot of stunned silence with some standing ovations after the movie ended.

Ricky
07-19-2012, 02:45 PM
FIVE sold out midnight showings at my theater tonight! Holy crap. And there's 20+ showtimes tomorrow.

beam*seeker
07-19-2012, 03:02 PM
sqeeeee!!!

anyone catching a midnight show???

fernandito
07-19-2012, 03:07 PM
BAH GAWD THE ANTICIPATION IS KILLING MEH

Merlin1958
07-19-2012, 03:21 PM
There's early reviews on Ain'titcoolnews website

Ricky
07-19-2012, 03:26 PM
Finishing my re-watch tonight. Batman Begins last night, The Dark Knight shortly. :D

Yaksha
07-20-2012, 12:23 AM
Oh. My. Fucking. God. Epic. Nerdgasm. Heaven.

alkanto
07-20-2012, 01:38 AM
Someone on my FB newsfeed might have spoiled this movie for me...if what they said is true, I swear to god I will drive to their house and murder them in their sleep....

Randall Flagg
07-20-2012, 01:02 PM
FYI, all posts regarding the Colorado tragedy have been moved here :
http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/showthread.php?15721-Violence-Pop-Culture-modern-society-Is-there-a-correlation&p=715603#post715603
This thread should be for actual discussion of the movie.
TIA.