PDA

View Full Version : A few suggestions about bookmarking the new site

Cutter
05-20-2007, 03:20 PM
Just to note I wanted to bookmark the main page and what I get is "home" because that is the title of the home page. You guys want to name your titles in the html pages with thedarktower.org first, so people can bookmark your pages and have the page descriptions set up for them. Like "The Dark Tower.com Home Page".

Also another little cool thing to do is put an image in the address bar, like the gun, roses and tower picture. Just make it into an icon (ask me if you need it done). An icon is 16 x 16 pixels. And then put this between your head tags of the html code.

for example:
<link rel="shortcut icon" HREF="http://www.thedarktower.org/images/icon.ico">

then when people bookmark your site they'll get a description of what the site is along with an image. Kinda cool, huh?

anyway, I thought I would pass this on if you guys are interested, because right now it just says 'home' or 'door portal' for the pages when one tries to bookmark them.

Geoff

EDIT: btw, I should have put this into the questions thread. I tried to delete this thread, but couldn't. sorry.

Matt
05-20-2007, 04:27 PM
That's okay, I know right where to put that name but I hate to see them cut off. :lol: TheDarkTower.com in front of all the titles.

Sounds like you have some knowledge though--I like that. :D

Matt
05-20-2007, 04:41 PM
But...I found a compromise because you are right, its nice to have the right bookmark--should be good to go now.

Cutter
05-20-2007, 06:40 PM
But...I found a compromise because you are right, its nice to have the right bookmark--should be good to go now.

yep, now it works fine. :)

Yea, I just changed it for my bookmark, but I figured not everyone knew how to do it, so I thought I would post it.

thanks Matt!