PDA

View Full Version : Bud or Brew?

Syd Barrett
06-13-2008, 10:29 PM
A casual question. Do you prefer the buzz of drunkenness (sic?), or the high of...well, being high?

Personally, I honestly prefer being drunk. Dunno why. I reckon because being high makes me all in touch with the world, whereas being drunk makes me all out of touch with the world. And I do drugs to be OUT of touch with the world.

Oh, and, marijuana is a social drug; and I hate people. I can drink alone, and, bonus points, most people refuse to hang out with me because they think I'm an alky! Score!

Of course, being high DOES make Cheaters slightly more fun to watch...but, oh well.

fernandito
06-13-2008, 10:34 PM
Ask a moderator to help you make this into a poll. :D

Why drink and drive when you can smoke and fly? :D

Syd Barrett
06-13-2008, 11:09 PM
Dude, are you a mod? (Wait, I thought you were a mod or something...?)

Darkthoughts
06-14-2008, 01:49 AM
No, Feev is just special :D

I am though, poll added ;)

I voted brew. I used to prefer getting stoned, but these days it spins me out most of the time - too much stuff on my mind. With drinking its a predictable state.

Letti
06-14-2008, 02:16 AM
Let's go the to pub Syd Barrett or wherever you want to. ;)

OchrisO
06-14-2008, 02:39 AM
No, Feev is just special :D

I am though, poll added ;)

I voted brew. I used to prefer getting stoned, but these days it spins me out most of the time - too much stuff on my mind. With drinking its a predictable state.

I prefer smoking because it generally makes me not give a shit about all of the stuff on my mind, while alcohol makes me think about all of the stuff on my mind and get depressed.

tamez
06-14-2008, 02:41 AM
what feeve said. ;)

Ves'Ka Gan
06-14-2008, 12:38 PM
Well, its been a long time since I've been able to smoke weed. But I have always preferred drinking. Pot makes my head feel heavy and makes me feel sluggish. I didn't mind it when I did it, but I never did it very often.

I like drinking because I'm still very much "me" outspoken, outgoing, happy, goofy...I can be social and do whatever.

cozener
06-15-2008, 08:26 AM
I prefer bud. I think, overall, its better for you. It certainly has less calories. You also don't get the liver damage or the hangovers you do from alcohol.

But I disagree that mj is a social drug. Usually it makes me antisocial in a way, especially if I get completely baked. I can't think of things to say, I don't follow conversations well, sometimes I get paranoid. Alcohol is way more social for me. In fact, I refer to it as "social lubricant". If I know I'm going to be around people I'd rather drink.

Girlystevedave
06-15-2008, 04:18 PM
Pot..hands down.
While alcohol is fun occassionally, smoking has never: given me a headache, made me sick, or left me feeling 'off balance' the next day. To a certain extent, alcohol changes people...Pot just enhances IMO.

William50
06-15-2008, 04:32 PM
Pot Pot Pot all day. I have never been drunk because I am only 14, but I have had my share of weed. :thumbsup:

educatedlady
06-15-2008, 04:36 PM
I would usually say bud but since we started brewing our own beer at our house I've become a bigger fan of brew.

That and brew won't get me in trouble during my job search. :)

William50
06-15-2008, 04:53 PM
And bud will?

educatedlady
06-15-2008, 06:22 PM
Yea, because I won't job search. I lose my desire to search for a job when I smoke.

Ves'Ka Gan
06-15-2008, 07:32 PM
Pot Pot Pot all day. I have never been drunk because I am only 14, but I have had my share of weed. :thumbsup:

Yeah, don't drink because god forbid you do anything illegal or that may have long term effects...

ATG
06-15-2008, 07:34 PM
Yea, because I won't job search. I lose my desire to search for a job when I smoke.

I heard that!
Is that two guys kissing in your avatar?

My eyes! mY EYES!

educatedlady
06-15-2008, 07:38 PM

I heard that!
Is that two guys kissing in your avatar?

My eyes! mY EYES!

It is. Two guys from my favorite TV show. :)

lophophoras
06-17-2008, 03:44 AM
I was prone to do both on top of everything else I was partaking in.

Can't do any of it now after my rehab stay.

:-P

William50
06-17-2008, 03:48 AM

Yeah, don't drink because god forbid you do anything illegal or that may have long term effects...

I don't think pot has long term effects... does it? :scared:

cozener
06-17-2008, 04:16 AM
Even if you can debunk the anti-mj propaganda we're subjected to one cannot deny that smoking the stuff can have long term effects on your lungs at the very least. Eating it is another story.

William50
06-17-2008, 04:31 AM
I dont smoke it that much. Maybe when there is a party that all my friends are at. But that's about it. Whenever I do smoke it, my asthma acts up.

ZoNeSeeK
06-17-2008, 11:14 PM
Both, depending on the situation! But would definitely choose brew over bud the majority of the time as personally its much more sociable and conducive to having a great night, if it was a choice between one or the other. Weed i've only ever seen the appeal in combination with other drugs or if i want to make sure i get to sleep fine. Being sleepy isn't my idea of action-packed fun.

But all drugs cause long term damage from ongoing heavy or problem use. Weed isn't somehow magically exempt from this and our biology hasn't somehow evolved to coexist peacfully with weed without any conflicts. Inhaling any form of smoke is damaging to your lungs and there has been plenty of research lately linking heavy cannabis use with increased potential to develop a psychotic disorder, just like every single other drug that directly interferes with your brain chemistry.

I don't have anything against drugs whatsoever and have consumed plenty in my time and probably will in the future (in moderation, kids!), but just be realistic about what you're doing and identify whether what you're reading is actual fact or just wishful thinking, and if Tim from The Concerned Hemp Movement is really qualified to comment on years of research from teams of scientists who actually know a thing or two about their chosen fields. Anything in moderation! Except heroin.

cozener
06-18-2008, 06:10 AM
Absolutely, all things in moderation as the saying goes.