PDA

View Full Version : Robot Gift Suggestions

Woofer
06-10-2008, 07:26 PM
To clarify: I am seeking ideas for gifts that are about robots and not for robots. Smart asses. :P

My friend, the fellow Cthulhu nut, loves robots. Her birthday is coming up very soon, and I want to get her something robot-related. I'm looking for something different. She has a ton of robot figures and models, from Gort in The Day the Earth Stood Still to Marvin's incarnation in the movie version of The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy. She also has a lot of robot books, such as How to Survive a Robot Uprising. So... suggestions?

dori
06-10-2008, 07:49 PM
What about an albumn by girl electro band Robots in disguise? They are great.

John Blaze
06-10-2008, 10:58 PM
Bender.

there's bender dolls out there, seriously.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Futurama-Bender-Robot-tin-toy-wind-up_W0QQitemZ300232454542QQihZ020QQcategoryZ20909QQ ssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

nothing like an alkie robot to make someone smile.

Woofer
06-11-2008, 04:15 AM
Hmmm, I like both of those. Keep the suggestions coming! I'm going to consult with my other coworker, Red-Headed Devil, and decide since I still have a couple of days before I have to order.

JohnBlaze, I really like that you can change Bender's expression. She could set him up to leer at any female robots in her collection! :rofl: