PDA

View Full Version : A review of The Dark Tower

John_and_Yoko
06-06-2008, 08:54 PM
Please don't get upset that there is no review here. I don't mean for this to be spam, I just didn't know where to post it, and I'm the sort that needs clarification before doing anything so rash. Feel free to move/delete/lock/whatever this thread if it's not in keeping with the intent of the forums....

I've written a 13-page review of The Dark Tower, and it DEFINITELY contains spoilers. That's part of the reason why I'm not posting it here (yet)--the other being that it is so long, but unless given feedback by which I could cut it down it reads better to have the whole thing up at once (rather than break it into parts, in other words).

As far as the spoilers go, I read the forum requirements with regard to those, and there are too many in my review not to just mark the whole thread as a "spoiler" thread (many of the spoilers relate directly to the points I make--it's about the series as a whole, not about each individual volume put together).

But the requirements didn't say anything about making a whole "spoiler" thread in this particular forum, which is also why I haven't posted it here yet. If I knew people here, I might have PM'd this, but I don't (I'm new here)--plus this way I might be able to get more than one person's advice.

At any rate, this review was mostly a cathartic exercise, as I haven't been able to get The Dark Tower out of my mind since I finished it--not that I'd WANT to, understand, but I'm currently reading IT, and it makes it somewhat hard to pay attention to a new book when the old one is still weighing so heavily on your mind....

But it is the result of having read the whole saga, summarized it in my mind, and thought and thought about it. Some of it is rehashing what others have said about it, some of it is conclusions I've come to on my own, but I think it's pretty good (albeit verbose).

Anyway, what does everyone think...?

Mattrick
06-06-2008, 09:26 PM
I think you should post it in the DT7 forum with a big MASSIVE SPOILERS tag on the topic title and you should be fine.

John_and_Yoko
06-06-2008, 09:29 PM
I think you should post it in the DT7 forum with a big MASSIVE SPOILERS tag on the topic title and you should be fine.

Okay, thanks, I'll do that. Sorry to clutter this one up with false advertising....

:blush: