PDA

View Full Version : Poll - How Do You Read Your Posts?

The Lady of Shadows
06-05-2008, 09:24 PM
inquiring minds want to know. okay, really just i want to know. :)
the person above you game, the person below you game, and the destroy the picture above you game were confusing for me in the beginning because of how i have my threads set up.

i read my posts from newest to oldest. i start at the bottom of the page and scroll up. so i want to know - how do you read your posts? linear - oldest first? linear - newest first? threaded? hybrid? some other random way?

Ves'Ka Gan
06-05-2008, 09:35 PM
I read linear--oldest to newest...however in general, as a rule, I don't follow time or trees. The forum is an exception...

Jean
06-05-2008, 10:57 PM
"Other (i go my own way, i don't follow time or trees)"

Letti
06-05-2008, 11:06 PM
That depends. Really. Usually from the oldest to the newest but it can be absolutely hectic.

obscurejude
06-06-2008, 12:19 AM
Everything is Jewish for me, so from right to left.

Woofer
06-06-2008, 03:42 AM
That depends. Really. Usually from the oldest to the newest but it can be absolutely hectic.

What she said.

Odetta
06-06-2008, 06:22 AM
other

Brice
06-06-2008, 06:33 AM
Okay, first I'll just say that was just mean whoever voted for her to crawl back into her shell. Then I'll just say you kinda' had it coming by making it an option for the poll. :lol:

Generally, I read every post chronologically from newest to oldest. That way it's easy to keep up with what's currently going on and catch up on any older posts simultaneously (at least for me). I do skip around some if it's a thread I'm particularly interested in at the moment or if it's one with a conversation I was having (and I happen to remember). If I know i was having a conversation with someone I'll also do a search of my own name and can usually keep track of them that way.

Jean
06-06-2008, 06:59 AM
Every morning, I go to Fac/Man forums first of all and see if there's anything urgent there. Often they lead to post in other threads, so I read them. Then I quickly go through End-World and Manhattan Restaurant, reading only a few posts and marking the rest as read. Then I go to Keystone Tower to see what's new. Only then I carefully go through all of the Keystone Rose (my primary responsibility); after that, through Mid-World, almost as carefully. That's it; then, for the rest of the day, I only click New Posts and see what has been added.

Brice
06-06-2008, 07:01 AM
Every morning, I go to Fac/Man forums first of all and see if there's anything urgent there. Often they lead to post in other threads, so I read them.

I do this also first. I just left it out.

fernandito
06-06-2008, 07:18 AM
My Post-checking method varies depending on the amount of posts there are. If the total amount of new posts is less than 3 pages, I check newest to oldest. If it's more than 3 pages, I check oldest to nowest. And sometimes I just check them randomly - Posts that I'm interested in, members I'm stalking at the time etc. :fairy:

ladysai
06-06-2008, 07:38 AM
I click on 'view new posts' and start viewing on the last page, and work my way to the most recent posts.
I like it that way, since the 'new post' list can change quickly.
:)

Daghain
06-06-2008, 09:11 AM
I first check Towerpedia! for recent changes, then read the Manager/Facilitator threads. After that I check the Restaurant, then work my way from top to bottom of the page. Sometimes I skip around at that point, but I always check Towerpedia!, the management threads, and the Restaurant before I do anything else. :)

And some threads I rarely, if ever, read. :panic:

Girlystevedave
06-06-2008, 07:53 PM
I go oldest to newest, but if there are a lot of unread posts on one page, I will sometimes scroll through quickly, just stopping on ones I'm interested in. This way, I can reduce my 'unread post' list quicker. Maybe another ocd habit of mine. :unsure:

Darkthoughts
06-07-2008, 04:12 AM
I start at the top of the board normally and click on each thread I want to read.

Sometimes I'll back track though the thread, if as Brice said, I was in a conversation or if the conversation/discussion looks interesting. Sometimes I'll just read the current page.

Then if theres threads left unread in that particular forum, that I don't want to read I click "Mark all threads as read"...I guess thats my TDT.com OCD :lol:

Brice
06-07-2008, 04:56 AM
My OCD is that I still must read every single post...even if the subject holds no particular interest for me. :lol:

Darkthoughts
06-07-2008, 05:08 AM
I've weened myself out of that one :lol:

Brice
06-07-2008, 05:15 AM
I doubt I ever will. :D

fernandito
06-07-2008, 05:41 AM
My OCD is that I still must read every single post...even if the subject holds no particular interest for me. :lol:

Youre f'n crazy dude!

:rofl:

Brice
06-07-2008, 07:01 AM

Youre f'n crazy dude!

:rofl:

More than you can even imagine. :lol:

The Lady of Shadows
06-08-2008, 02:11 PM
Everything is Jewish for me, so from right to left.

me too! :lol:

Okay, first I'll just say that was just mean whoever voted for her to crawl back into her shell. Then I'll just say you kinda' had it coming by making it an option for the poll. :lol:

i wanted at least one off the wall option. it was either this or something about who was keeping track of how we were reading our posts (you know like the men in black or something. maybe i should change it so that people can vote for more than one option?) :rofl: :panic:

i'm so happy. people are voting in my poll. :)

Daghain
06-08-2008, 03:16 PM
You didn't know the can-toi were monitoring how you read your posts? Tsk tsk. :lol:

The Lady of Shadows
06-08-2008, 03:39 PM
shhhhhh. they're watching you. :ninja:

razz
06-08-2008, 05:25 PM
i wear last year i went to cedar point and people in yellow raincoats kept following me. that's why i read my posts starting with the oldest.

ManOfWesternesse
06-10-2008, 02:54 AM
Voted 'Newest to Oldest' as that is the basic method I'd use. But in truth it varies a lot.

LemurJones
06-10-2008, 11:32 AM
Whatever the default forum setting is for reading posts, I use that.

I mainly don't actually read a whole lot of posts, though. I check threads I've posted in, I skim the titles of everything else, and whether I've posted anything new or not I go and dick around in the arcade a bit.

The Lady of Shadows
06-27-2008, 02:07 PM
i am asking the bear to mark this thread as closed and move it to the clearing as of today. thank you for voting.

Arthur Heath
06-27-2008, 02:22 PM
I picked go back to your shell for no reason other than I thought it was a funny option.:evil:

Hannah
06-27-2008, 05:41 PM
There's no reason to close this thread. It can run its course like a normal thread. :D