PDA

View Full Version : A BIG FAT DO OVER! Best Fight Scene. THE FINAL VOTE!!!

sarah
05-30-2008, 10:28 PM
Hello all you voters out there. I think someone was voting while I moved the older thread to the clearing today and their vote didn't show up when I was looking it over.

In light of the tie, I am doing a do over.

The top three votes in to be voted on in the final run are:

The Dixie Pig
Roland Taking down Tull
The Fight at the Gas Station

Thank you for casting your vote again.

:rose:

Brice
05-30-2008, 10:35 PM
It's not important if they were voting for anything other than Tull. :D

Letti
05-30-2008, 10:46 PM
Oh, my favourite is among them. Great.

Unfound One
05-30-2008, 11:38 PM
Fight at the Gas Station.
Definitely.

obscurejude
05-30-2008, 11:39 PM
I'm torn between Dixie and the Gas Station (the only part in my SOS that still remains :)) I need to think about it over the weekend.

Letti
05-30-2008, 11:41 PM
I'm torn between Dixie and the Gas Station (the only part in my SOS that still remains :)) I need to think about it over the weekend.

Gas Station ;)

obscurejude
05-30-2008, 11:43 PM

Gas Station ;)

We'll see. I just love the pere. Its a hard one... The gas station was great.

Letti
05-30-2008, 11:44 PM
Take your time, dear. :)

razz
05-31-2008, 03:51 AM
wow. last time I saw the last thread, dixie pig was winning. now it ain't got any votes.

fernandito
05-31-2008, 06:46 AM
:)

Brice
05-31-2008, 06:49 AM
...and what might you have voted for Feev??? :lol:

Matt
05-31-2008, 06:50 AM
We have discovered that polls are delicate things. If they are editied or moved while someone is voting, it does not record.

And since these are so popular, its happened a few times. :lol:

but all is fixable as you can see.

I'm really glad the gas station is up this time, it isn't Eddies naked gunfight but its probably number two for me.

Maybe I just like seeing Eddie and Roland fighting together most of all. I always felt like the two of them could storm Blue Heaven and the Tower beyond all by themselves.

fernandito
05-31-2008, 06:51 AM
^^

That's one mystery you don't need the Scooby Doo gang to solve, eh?

:evil:

ladysai
05-31-2008, 07:37 AM
GAS STATION!

MonteGss
05-31-2008, 08:52 AM
Gas Station.

Two real Gunslingers fighting...along with great commentary!

blackrose22
05-31-2008, 09:08 AM
This was so hard as each of the fights scenes are so fantastic. But went with Tull in the end.

Matt
05-31-2008, 09:24 AM
Neck and neck!!

MonteGss
05-31-2008, 09:28 AM
If Tull wins....I'll be so disappointed. :(

But only for a little bit.... because that "fight" was cool too. :)

jayson
05-31-2008, 09:38 AM
Adding in the Gas Station made it a bit more difficult to choose, but I am still going with the Dixie Pig. Roland and Eddie at the Gas Station was exciting, but I knew they'd be able to handle it. Jake and Callahan were a different story altogether, especially the way Jake handled himself in the kitchen holding his ground one Oriza plate at a time.

MonteGss
05-31-2008, 09:44 AM
Adding in the Gas Station made it a bit more difficult to choose, but I am still going with the Dixie Pig. Roland and Eddie at the Gas Station was exciting, but I knew they'd be able to handle it. Jake and Callahan were a different story altogether, especially the way Jake handled himself in the kitchen holding his ground one Oriza plate at a time.

I respect your decision sai Friend. I personally just enjoyed a fight with two Gunslingers against all odds more than I liked the others, which only had one. :) :thumbsup:

jayson
05-31-2008, 09:52 AM
if it were just the gas station or Tull I'd be with you Monte. of course we all know that Jake is my favorite King character, so getting to read about his handiwork at the Pig was a big payoff for me. killing robots in Wolves is one thing, but his stand in the kitchen, now that's one tough little mother.

MonteGss
05-31-2008, 09:55 AM
that's one tough little mother.

Agreed!!! :thumbsup: :cool:

Jake, for me though, is third as my favorite behind Roland and Eddie. :)

Jean
05-31-2008, 10:37 AM
I can't believe Dixie Pig is losing!

::deeply shocked bear::

alinda
05-31-2008, 10:41 AM
Jean! Your safe! :D Good to see you!
Do you see there had to be a re-do
the poll was tied...Glad you made it.

Daghain
05-31-2008, 01:54 PM
It was between the gas station and Tull, but I had to go for Tull.

Arthur Heath
05-31-2008, 02:13 PM
I just put us Gas Statoin lovers one vote closer. It was tough choosing between Dixie and Gas station but I do so loves me some Eddie kicking ass at his peak of gunslinging!

Mark
05-31-2008, 02:59 PM
I voted Gas Station, because Tull didn't seem too much of a fight to me, more of a slaughter. The Dixie Pig also didn't seem like a fight to me, it was good, but it seemed more like an extended death rather than a full on fight, The Gas Station was full fighting, bullets shot from both sides, and, as Monte said, it's two real gunslingers fighting, not a gunslinger child and a redemed priest.

mia/susannah
05-31-2008, 05:41 PM

I totally agree with you. The gas station fight did make it harder but I had to stick with Dixie Pig. jake was really great in that fight.

Jean
05-31-2008, 11:22 PM
I have a suspicion, namely, that those who voted for Dixie Pig would vote for Gas Station if those two were tied. I would suggest making such a poll if we see that Dixie has fallen desperately behind (which is a shame), because otherwise the results won't really be representative

Frunobulax
06-01-2008, 12:00 AM
THE DIXIE MUTHAFUCKIN' PIG
Best fight scene in any of the books--period. If I must explain, you're missing the point and the whole idea by a quadrillion miles.

Jean
06-01-2008, 12:05 AM
Fruno, as it so often happens, has summed up in one line what I have been trying to convey in scores of lengthy posts

Brice
06-01-2008, 12:08 AM
I'll be closing this thread now since Tull is winning. :P

If anyone wants to vote for Tull PM me and I'll reopen it long enough for you to vote. :rofl:

alinda
06-01-2008, 01:55 AM
:nope:

fernandito
06-01-2008, 09:00 AM
:dance:

Brice
06-01-2008, 09:01 AM
I thought you'd like that Feev. :rock:

alinda
06-01-2008, 09:08 AM
I was hoping for a simple 2 way split the tie,

ladysai
06-01-2008, 09:15 AM
I wont mind at all if the gas station scene loses to the Dixie Pig scene...
but, TULL?!
PFFT!
~moons the Tull lovers~

Matt
06-01-2008, 09:41 AM
I think the Pig is splitting the Gas Station votes like an Independent. :lol:

Gas Station!!

For all the reason stated above and more.

alinda
06-01-2008, 09:43 AM
never did like politics, or polls...

Letti
06-01-2008, 09:48 AM
What about opening a new thread and poll just with the Gas station option? ;) It would solve all our problems. :D

jayson
06-01-2008, 09:52 AM
What about opening a new thread and poll just with the Gas station option? ;) It would solve all our problems. :D

better yet, let's take out the "target practice at Tull" and let the two real fights fight it out.

*ducks Feev's gunfire*

Ves'Ka Gan
06-01-2008, 10:07 AM
I voted for the Dixie Pig, because I felt like there was so much more suspense and it was really interesting to see how everything came together (fell apart...) and I loved seeing Jake really kick butt!!

Although...I think taking down Balazar was my real favorite. Before it's even mentioned, I had found respect for Eddie for fighting his ass off while his ass was bare!

alinda
06-01-2008, 12:26 PM

better yet, let's take out the "target practice at Tull" and let the two real fights fight it out.

*ducks Feev's gunfire*

:scared: :panic: :scared: :panic: :scared: :panic: :scared: :panic: :scared:

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahah ahahahhahahaha!
:clap: Now THAT was funny!!

DettaDelgado
06-01-2008, 02:37 PM
Tull. It was the first time I saw Roland draw his guns, and it left an impression, slaughtering a town like that.

MonteGss
06-01-2008, 02:38 PM
I think the Gas Station was just a better fight considering the circumstances and who Eddie and Roland were fighting. It was Roland against some dim-witted hicks with pitchforks (who admittedly did put up a decent fight) in Tull. It was serious kick-ass action against heavy caliber mobsters at the Station. Tull was cool and everything but I am still scratching my head how it is a better "fight scene" than the Station.
My two cents. :)

fernandito
06-01-2008, 03:24 PM
Yep, still in the lead.

MonteGss
06-01-2008, 03:31 PM
:lol:

The Lady of Shadows
06-01-2008, 03:56 PM
wtf? i'm gone for a day and you guys go all twilight zone on me! :panic:

you know in the real world the dixie pig is winning because all those gas station votes really belong there. you know that, right? :lol:

sarah
06-01-2008, 04:53 PM
I am ending this Poll on Wednesday June 4th. just fye. :D

ladysai
06-01-2008, 07:52 PM
I think the Gas Station was just a better fight considering the circumstances and who Eddie and Roland were fighting. It was Roland against some dim-witted hicks with pitchforks (who admittedly did put up a decent fight) in Tull. It was serious kick-ass action against heavy caliber mobsters at the Station. Tull was cool and everything but I am still scratching my head how it is a better "fight scene" than the Station.

I agree completely.
And love your sig, too.
:kiss:

Jean
06-01-2008, 11:21 PM

but seriously, let's make the Very Final poll of Tull vs. Dixie Pig. Please. It's the only way to make the result convincing - read the posts, and you will see that those who voted for Gas would all have voted for DP, and against Tull.

alinda
06-02-2008, 04:08 AM
How many licks does it take to get to the center
of a Tootsie Pop? The world may never know :D

Tiffany
06-02-2008, 05:18 AM
Dixie Pig all the way.

I do love the gas station but Jake's my favorite character and that scene made my heart pound.

mia/susannah
06-02-2008, 05:40 AM
I still say Dixie Pig. I don't see Tull as much of a fight. It was a exciting scene don't get me wrong but not much of a fight. The Gas station fight was a very good fight. I loved it. But Jake really proved himself at the Dixie Pig

sarah
06-02-2008, 06:40 AM

but seriously, let's make the Very Final poll of Tull vs. Dixie Pig. Please. It's the only way to make the result convincing - read the posts, and you will see that those who voted for Gas would all have voted for DP, and against Tull.

another poll? a tull vs dixie poll? Is that what everyone wants? I'll move this into the clearing and start it over if that is what you all want. Post your answers here. If not, this will still stand as the final vote.

fernandito
06-02-2008, 08:39 AM
This as the final vote!

:innocent:

Woofer
06-02-2008, 08:55 AM

I love Tull. I love that Tull is named after Tull. Dixie Pig was awesome, and Oy performed admirably. But my vote goes to the gas station as well.

"The truck slid by the store with a majestic lack of speed."

Brice
06-02-2008, 08:56 AM
Quick, Sarah! Close it before they catch up. :panic: :panic: :panic:

ladysai
06-02-2008, 09:08 AM
Noooooo! Dont close the poll! :panic: :panic: :panic:

fernandito
06-02-2008, 09:18 AM
No more O.T!

Close it! Close it!

alinda
06-02-2008, 10:42 AM
I must say it intriques me ....because with out
DP in the running, I too think Tull wouldnt stand
a chance as "the best fight scene".

Just wish this process of voting felt as if there were some merit
to it, other than dividing our little group to war over
which war was better. *shrug* You know my vote
only curiousity will bring me back when the voting is done.

Brainslinger
06-02-2008, 12:20 PM
I don't count Tull really as to me it was more of an execution than an actual fight. Ok, there were enough people to be a hazard, even for a gunslinger, but even so.

It was difficult to choose between the last two. As a scene I preferred the Dixie Pig, and if the poll was "Which was your favourite scene?" that's t he one I would have chosen. However, since we're judging fight scenes I chose the gas station.

That being said, I think Callahan and Jake were in as much, if not more danger than the other two, and it was as much of a battle, at least of wills as much as anything, but for an old fashioned shoot-em-up I think the gas station wins.

Oh and people big up Jake in the Dixie pig, but it was Callahan who owned that one I reckon. At least the part in the dining room, although Jake did some cool plate stuff later.

The Lady of Shadows
06-02-2008, 12:24 PM
come on DIXIE PIG people. we are almost there. show those tull people that a massacre (however well deserved it might be) is not a fight. and that jake knows how to stand and be true!!!!!
:) :rose: :clap: :shoot: :scared: :couple: :unsure:

Ves'Ka Gan
06-02-2008, 06:23 PM
It looks like Dixie Pig is gaining ground..... :D

MonteGss
06-02-2008, 07:35 PM
I don't think we should have another vote...I think the winner of this one will be enough. I do think the poll/thread should be open longer though....I mean, there are only 37 votes right now. Is this enough? That's a rather small amount of people from this big site. I know we can't get everyone to vote but 37 seems awfully small.

(yes, feve, this is only a ploy for the gas station to gain more ground...mwhahaha) not really though, i meant what i said. :)

ladysai
06-02-2008, 08:33 PM
It's a good idea, Monte. Let's allow more time for more people to vote.

The fact that it is also a good ploy is just a lucky coincidence.

obscurejude
06-02-2008, 08:53 PM
I really can't decide between the Dixie Pig and the Gas Station. I guess I'm not going to vote. I just can't decide and the poll closes tomorrow.

ManOfWesternesse
06-03-2008, 05:44 AM
Voted Gas Station. Hard choice between that and Dixie Pig. Still can't believe Tull is featuring up there with these two.

sarah
06-03-2008, 06:48 AM
I don't think we should have another vote...I think the winner of this one will be enough. I do think the poll/thread should be open longer though....I mean, there are only 37 votes right now. Is this enough? That's a rather small amount of people from this big site. I know we can't get everyone to vote but 37 seems awfully small.

(yes, feve, this is only a ploy for the gas station to gain more ground...mwhahaha) not really though, i meant what i said. :)

Ok. :)

Poll to close on Friday June 6th

Brice
06-03-2008, 06:52 AM
Nope, sorry. Today is the day the poll was to end and Tull already won. :P :P :P

Edit: ok, it was tomorrow, but anyone else clearly would have voted for tull.

fernandito
06-03-2008, 07:28 AM

How many more votes can be possibly get in by friday? 8? 9? 10? So if we get 10 more votes, you won't consider it a 'small amount'?

MonteGss
06-03-2008, 07:56 AM

How many more votes can be possibly get in by friday? 8? 9? 10? So if we get 10 more votes, you won't consider it a 'small amount'?

I actually agree with you feve. That's all we'll probably get, 8-10 more. No, I don't think 40 something votes is enough, imo. I will personally still consider it a small amount. I'd have the vote stay open even longer...but I'm not the boss. :)

I just don't think I can take a poll seriously when only 4% of members actually voted..that isn't representative of our faithful DT Junkies.
Anyway...it looks like Tull is going to pull through so that's cool! They are all super-cool scenes. :cool:

fernandito
06-03-2008, 07:59 AM
Dude, even if you left this poll open for another month you still won't get the kind of votes youre lookign for. There are , what, 1,300 + members here? How long would it take for us to even get 100 votes on here?

MonteGss
06-03-2008, 08:03 AM
Dude, even if you left this poll open for another month you still won't get the kind of votes youre lookign for. There are , what, 1,300 + members here? How long would it take for us to even get 100 votes on here?

My friend...all I'm saying is that I'm personally not satisfied with a paltry 4%....if you are, awesome! Really...the final outcome is really saying that of the 50 or so dedicated message board members...(insert winner) wins the award for best fight scene.

I don't understand why it would be such a deal to leave it open, that's all. I mean, if there are not hits on it..no new posts...that is one thing but if the thread and the voting remains active...why not leave it open?

fernandito
06-03-2008, 08:08 AM
Alrigiht, let's leave it until friday so we can get those other 6 votes in , that ought to boost up the percentage considerably.

MonteGss
06-03-2008, 08:09 AM
:rolleyes:

*sigh*
It's like you didn't even read what I wrote man. :lol:

sarah
06-03-2008, 10:25 AM

My friend...all I'm saying is that I'm personally not satisfied with a paltry 4%....if you are, awesome! Really...the final outcome is really saying that of the 50 or so dedicated message board members...(insert winner) wins the award for best fight scene.

I don't understand why it would be such a deal to leave it open, that's all. I mean, if there are not hits on it..no new posts...that is one thing but if the thread and the voting remains active...why not leave it open?

ok :couple:

I will not close this poll. I will leave it open until it becomes less active.

Matt
06-03-2008, 10:51 AM
And there we have it folks. :rock:

ladysai
06-03-2008, 10:55 AM
I will not close this poll. I will leave it open until it becomes less active.

Thank you.:huglove:

Arthur Heath
06-03-2008, 11:37 AM
This is an extremely tight race. Great poll Mearl, much thanks!

Ves'Ka Gan
06-03-2008, 12:44 PM
It IS a tight race...it's making me want to race through my re-read to get to the Gas Station fight and the Dixie Pig!! *Deep breaths* *pacing self*

The Lady of Shadows
06-03-2008, 02:24 PM
may i remind you all that the dixie pig rules.

thank you for your attention.

love,
turtlesong

fernandito
06-03-2008, 02:31 PM
[/straight jacket for turtle]

mia/susannah
06-03-2008, 02:56 PM
I am with turtlesong, Dixie Pig Rules!!!

Ves'Ka Gan
06-03-2008, 03:24 PM
If I had pom poms, I'd be jumping up & down saying "DIX-IE PIG! DIX-IE PIG!"

Gimme a "D"!...

what? No takers..?

fernandito
06-03-2008, 03:28 PM
[/STRAIGHT JACKETS ALL AROUND!]

Hell, I'll take one too.

razz
06-03-2008, 03:36 PM
[/STRAIGHT JACKETS ALL AROUND!]

Hell, I'll take one too.

can i have one?

Arthur Heath
06-03-2008, 03:38 PM
You can have mine as I like to run freely as a maniac.
Anyhoo, back to topic.

The Lady of Shadows
06-03-2008, 04:15 PM
[/straight jacket for turtle]

feev, feev, feev. everybody knows that you can't straight jacket a turtle. we just slip right out again. :)

besides, you know that deep down in your heart of hearts you want the dixie pig to win. come on, admit it. you're among friends. say it with me - i, feverishparade, want the dixie pig to win.

there, don't you feel better now that you've let your real feelings come out? :clap:

Odetta
06-03-2008, 04:18 PM
Tull...

(all of you who feel otherwise can bite me)

sarah
06-03-2008, 05:07 PM
Tull...

right on girl!

Matt
06-03-2008, 05:11 PM
the logging truck rolled over as the bullets flew

If having the only Gunslingers, lobster bait of the past (best) gunfight and cool old man with a boat isn't enough, that should be.

Gas Station!

Also, folks who are hoping to get more votes should totally put a link in their sig like Maerlyn did. :rock:

MonteGss
06-03-2008, 05:28 PM
Good idea Matt! (and maerlyn)

The Lady of Shadows
06-03-2008, 05:28 PM
Tull...

really? hmmmm. any particular place in mind or is it open to discussion? :lol:

wizardsrainbow
06-04-2008, 07:28 AM
I guess I am a purist at heart and have an affinity for the first book....Roland kicks serious butt in Tull. I would like to see him reload and reload with the spent shell casings burning the tips of his fingers.

fernandito
06-04-2008, 07:29 AM
I guess I am a purist at heart and have an affinity for the first book....Roland kicks serious butt in Tull. I would like to see him reload and reload with the spent shell casings burning the tips of his fingers.

Poetry to my ears!

:excited:

Brice
06-04-2008, 07:32 AM
:clap:

Tiffany
06-04-2008, 07:54 AM
"Will you?" Jake asked the Pere, meaning Will you stand. Will you fight. Will you kill.
Low men, vampires, those killer beatles, the smell of roasing flesh, Roland's voice commanding Jake from Callahan's mouth.....Jake put their numbers at 100 and it was only himself, the Pere and Oy!!!

Come on!

:shoot:

CRinVA
06-04-2008, 08:19 AM
Tull for sure! :-)

fernandito
06-04-2008, 08:26 AM
Good man Crinva! Good man! :D

obscurejude
06-04-2008, 08:32 AM
You know what, I just realized how indelible of an impression Tull makes on the reader. It sticks with you for the rest of the series and puts everything related to Roland in perspective, including later fight scenes. One of the appeals of the gas station is that he is with someone else, but that is appreciable (for me) because of Tull and its solitariness.

I voted Tull.

jayson
06-04-2008, 09:32 AM
Jake put their numbers at 100 and it was only himself, the Pere and Oy!!!

Come on!

:shoot:

I couldn't agree more. Also, as Monte pointed out earlier, the enemy at the Dixie Pig were capable of putting up a much greater fight than the folken of Tull. Tull was a very exciting moment, and like Ryan said, it is definitely a defining moment for Roland, but as far as a "fight" goes, the Dixie Pig was more unpredictable and exciting.

Tiffany
06-04-2008, 09:40 AM
I couldn't agree more. Also, as Monte pointed out earlier, the enemy at the Dixie Pig were capable of putting up a much greater fight than the folken of Tull. Tull was a very exciting moment, and like Ryan said, it is definitely a defining moment for Roland, but as far as a "fight" goes, the Dixie Pig was more unpredictable and exciting.

Werd to yo' mutha.

fernandito
06-04-2008, 10:02 AM
Tull is the best because it was more intense, more action packed, and it was the most memorable.

Tiffany
06-04-2008, 10:17 AM
Tull is the best because it was more intense, more action packed, and it was the most memorable.

Yo' mutha. Werd. :rock:

Odetta
06-04-2008, 10:46 AM
Tull...

really? hmmmm. any particular place in mind or is it open to discussion? :lol:

there's always room for discussion! :ninja:

The Lady of Shadows
06-04-2008, 12:02 PM
you know, the thing about tull is roland knew it was a trap. he fucking knew it and he stayed anyway. he didn't gain anything there. he didn't come across any great and wonderous knowledge. he didn't find new weapons, make any new discoveries, draw anyone. . .

he ate, he fucked, he massacred.

he knew it was a trap and he stayed anyway. he even told himself he should leave and he stayed anyway. that's not a battle, that's not a heroic fight, that's a fucking massacre.

and i swear to gan, the first person who says ka to me is going to get shot.

so, odetta, you know snapping turtles are reputed to hold on to whatever they bite until sunset. . . .

Girlystevedave
06-04-2008, 12:05 PM
he didn't gain anything there. he didn't come across any great and wonderous knowledge. he didn't find new weapons, make any new discoveries, draw anyone. . .

he ate, he fucked, he massacred

I'd say he accomplished something. :dance:

fernandito
06-04-2008, 12:06 PM
So what if he knew it was a trap? That doesn't make the battle any less amazing.

KA

Arthur Heath
06-04-2008, 12:14 PM
I would describe amazing as overcoming a great obstacle. Roland backpedaling, shooting what may as well be slow mutants is no great obstacle. Hell feeve, you could pull that off.
Gas station for life!

Matt
06-04-2008, 12:14 PM
If Gas Station doesn't win, I'm shutting down the board. :lol:

<---kidding :ninja:

fernandito
06-04-2008, 12:25 PM
I would describe amazing as overcoming a great obstacle. Roland backpedaling, shooting what may as well be slow mutants is no great obstacle. Hell feeve, you could pull that off.
Gas station for life!

You think avoiding 57 people with knifes and pitchforks is easy? Roland is a Gunslinger, he's not Neo in the Matrix where he can keep track of everybodys movements. And if it was such an easy battle, then why is that the only battle in which he sustained injuries?

ladysai
06-04-2008, 12:27 PM
If sustaining injuries defined a 'battle', then the lobstrosities kicked major ass.

Tiffany
06-04-2008, 12:27 PM
Gas station for life!

You think avoiding 57 people with knifes and pitchforks is easy? Roland is a Gunslinger, he's not Neo in the Matrix where he can keep track of everybodys movements. And if it was such an easy battle, then why is that the only battle in which he sustained injuries?

100 MONSTERS against one kid, an old man and a billy-bumbler! :panic: :panic: :panic:

The Lady of Shadows
06-04-2008, 12:28 PM
he didn't gain anything there. he didn't come across any great and wonderous knowledge. he didn't find new weapons, make any new discoveries, draw anyone. . .

he ate, he fucked, he massacred

I'd say he accomplished something. :dance:

you would. :lol:

So what if he knew it was a trap? That doesn't make the battle any less amazing.

KA

:shoot: :shoot: :shoot: :shoot: :shoot: :shoot: :shoot:

If Gas Station doesn't win, I'm shutting down the board. :lol:

<---kidding :ninja:

hannah and aaron won't let you (they voted dixie pig like all sane people!). :)

fernandito
Why, how clever of you!

Arthur Heath
If sustaining injuries defined a 'battle', then the lobstrosities kicked major ass.

If you where not going to say it, I was.

fernandito
06-04-2008, 12:31 PM
Yeah, Yeah, Yeah. Counter my other points, amigo.

ladysai
06-04-2008, 12:34 PM
Knives and pitchforks can be avoided with much greater ease than bullets and runaway log trucks can be avoided.

Arthur Heath
06-04-2008, 12:36 PM
Yeah, Yeah, Yeah. Counter my other points, amigo.

What other point? That Roland in no Neo? I think we can both agree on that.

fernandito
06-04-2008, 12:37 PM
Knives and pitchforks can be avoided with much greater ease than bullets and runaway log trucks can be avoided.

Tell that to Roland!

:cyclops:

fernandito
06-04-2008, 12:37 PM
20 VOTES!

ladysai
06-04-2008, 12:38 PM

Tell that to Roland!

:cyclops:

I'm certain he could recognize the difference without me pointing it out.
He is a gunslinger after all, and knows quite well how dangerous guns are, as opposed to how dangerous pitchforks can be.;)

fernandito
06-04-2008, 12:46 PM
I'm certain he could recognize the difference without me pointing it out.
He is a gunslinger after all, and knows quite well how dangerous guns are, as opposed to how dangerous pitchforks can be.;)

Okay, okay, let me rephrase something - Fending off a pissed off mob might be easier than fending off bullets, but it is not easy.

Seen?

ladysai
06-04-2008, 12:48 PM
None of the fights in the poll were easy.
I'm merely pointing out that Tull was easier than the Gas Station.
Savvy?

Girlystevedave
06-04-2008, 12:49 PM
Was it 'easy' or did Roland just make it seem easy because he is such a good fighter?

Ves'Ka Gan
06-04-2008, 12:49 PM

Now, Turtlesong, we seem to agree on a lot of things, and I definitely voted Dixie Pig--but where do you get off calling me sane? Hmm?:panic:

fernandito
06-04-2008, 12:52 PM
I'm merely pointing out that Tull was easier than the Gas Station.

Isn't that the exact same thing I typed up there? :)

Was it 'easy' or did Roland just make it seem easy because he is such a good fighter?

Could be... :orely:

The Lady of Shadows
06-04-2008, 12:56 PM
Why, how clever of you!

http://i278.photobucket.com/albums/kk95/turtlesong/kissmyasscolor.jpg

and i mean that with all the love i can muster in my little turtle heart. :P

fernandito
06-04-2008, 12:57 PM
You know just the right things to say :wub:

The Lady of Shadows
06-04-2008, 01:20 PM

Now, Turtlesong, we seem to agree on a lot of things, and I definitely voted Dixie Pig--but where do you get off calling me sane? Hmm?:panic:

cry your pardon!

Arthur Heath
06-04-2008, 01:59 PM
The poll is like politics and religion; lots of opinionated comments which are are unable to swing voters to their side of thinking.

fernandito
06-04-2008, 02:01 PM
That's a nice analogy, I like that!

Here, have a gold star.

Ves'Ka Gan
06-04-2008, 02:05 PM
I think that's as close to the truth as we are going to get. I have all sorts of reasons for my choice...but I doubt a single one is going to convince a Tull voter to think I'm right.

However, like most religious talking heads, I still feel the need to spread my line of thinking!

So COME ON! The Dixie Pig has it all, good action, character development, suspense...people with rat heads!

Matt
06-04-2008, 02:28 PM
Me and Dora stand together at the Gas Station. :rock:

The Lady of Shadows
06-04-2008, 02:40 PM
i'd like to hear from dora herself if you please sai. not that i don't trust you but. . .

well, i don't trust you. :lol:

Tiffany
06-04-2008, 03:20 PM
*brandishes the skolpadda*

You all want to change your votes to Dixie Pig.

Arthur Heath
06-04-2008, 03:39 PM

OOWWW. Oh, wait, is it a Tiffany brand?

Tiffany
06-04-2008, 03:43 PM

OOWWW. Oh, wait, is it a Tiffany brand?

*waves skolpadda around some more*

Noooo, it's a Harry Winston and you are beginning to wonder how you ever voted for anything other than Diiiiixiiiiiieeee Piiiiiiig

Arthur Heath
06-04-2008, 03:51 PM
Sorry, I just don't trusts anyones judgment who voted for anything other than the gas station.

Tiffany
06-04-2008, 03:54 PM
Ah well, fuckall, I tried.

(I only know who the hell Harry Winston is because I googled "top luxury jewelry brands.")

The Lady of Shadows
06-04-2008, 04:16 PM
and a damn fine effort it was tiffany. :couple:

Tiffany
06-04-2008, 06:24 PM
and a damn fine effort it was tiffany. :couple:
Thanks! I gave it a shot.

:clap: Dixie Pig!!!

How the hell is it losing to Tull? The gas station I can understand but Tull?!

The Lady of Shadows
06-04-2008, 06:27 PM
you know, technically we're not losing to tull. because our votes got split into two with the gas station. so we should have our votes WITH the gas station votes.

so in the real world, we're winning.

this is a different level of the tower.

Tiffany
06-04-2008, 06:29 PM
you know, technically we're not losing to tull. because our votes got split into two with the gas station. so we should have our votes WITH the gas station votes.

so in the real world, we're winning.

this is a different level of the tower.

I like this reasoning. :couple:

Ves'Ka Gan
06-04-2008, 06:35 PM
I was going to sacrifice a goat so that the Dixie Pig would win, but then I didn't have one, and it turns out when you ask people in Baltimore City where you can buy a goat...they think you mean some new drug they haven't heard of....

The Lady of Shadows
06-04-2008, 06:38 PM
I was going to sacrifice a goat so that the Dixie Pig would win, but then I didn't have one, and it turns out when you ask people in Baltimore City where you can buy a goat...they think you mean some new drug they haven't heard of....

:rofl:

that's okay. just put a link in your sig. tell all your friends. and pm matt (a lot) to go and edit the votes or you'll spam him (he's the lord high commander and all that, he should be able to do that). j/k :lol:

fernandito
06-04-2008, 07:35 PM
Yup, still ahead.

:fairy:

obscurejude
06-04-2008, 08:20 PM
Yup.

Darkthoughts
06-05-2008, 10:05 AM
What the...?

Ok, I've been really rubbish and haven't paid attention to the fight poll :blush:...but why isn't the fight against the Wolves a contender? Thats the best by far!

fernandito
06-05-2008, 10:15 AM
What the...?
Ok, I've been really rubbish and haven't paid attention to the fight poll :blush:

That's what happens when you keep drunkingly logging in to the site! :cyclops:

Why isn't the fight against the Wolves a contender? Thats the best by far!

It was eliminated in a previous round when it went head to head with the Gas station scene, I believe... Maer sent the previous threads to the clearing , you can check them out there.

sarah
06-05-2008, 10:35 AM
What the...?
Ok, I've been really rubbish and haven't paid attention to the fight poll :blush:

That's what happens when you keep drunkingly logging in to the site! :cyclops:

Why isn't the fight against the Wolves a contender? Thats the best by far!It was eliminated in a previous round when it went head to head with the Gas station scene, I believe... Maer sent the previous threads to the clearing , you can check them out there.

It was and I did and you can.

thanks feevie :D

fernandito
06-05-2008, 10:39 AM
"Anytime."

[/Predator]

The Lady of Shadows
06-05-2008, 11:33 AM
:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Matt
06-05-2008, 11:41 AM
Maerlyn created a whole bunch of threads and the ones above had the most votes out of all of them. This is the "thrilla in Manilla" to see which comes out on top.

Personally, I consider Eddies naked gun fight the best but it didn't make it to this heat.

EDIT--that was late, I should have refreshed. :lol:

sarah
06-05-2008, 11:51 AM
Eddie naked was some cool stuff. I loved that scene too, Matt.

Ves'Ka Gan
06-05-2008, 11:54 AM
:cry: I'm not liking the current stats AT ALL! Come on Dixsie Pig people! Unite!!

I knew I should have sacrificed that goat...anyone have suggestions for a good False Idol to worship till the vote is over? Billy Idol maybe?

The Lady of Shadows
06-05-2008, 01:52 PM
hey now. you know that billy idol got his look from spike. :lol:

maybe if you sacrificed feev? :unsure:

fernandito
06-05-2008, 01:59 PM

You could do that, but then you'd be depriving this mb from it's most abundant source of awesomeness and lime jokes.

Mark
06-05-2008, 02:11 PM
C'mon Gas Station!!

Ves'Ka Gan
06-05-2008, 02:19 PM

You could do that, but then you'd be depriving this mb from it's most abundant source of awesomeness and lime jokes.

Is that an Anansi Boys reference or am I missing something completley?:cyclops:

fernandito
06-05-2008, 02:26 PM

Is that an Anansi Boys reference or am I missing something completley?:cyclops:

No, that's all me baby..all me...

:fairy:

Ves'Ka Gan
06-05-2008, 02:34 PM
Well, then wouldn't be the first time I was missing something!

Back on topic: VOTE DIXIE PIG OR I WILL BE FORCED TO SACRIFICEE FEEV, THEREIN DEPRIVING THIS MESSAGEBOARD OF ITS MAIN SOUCE OF AWESOMENESS AND LIME JOKES!

DO YOU THINK I'M KIDDING?? DO YOU WANNA FIND OUT?!:shoot: :harrier:

alinda
06-05-2008, 02:35 PM
You don't want to be Roland's 58th victim, do you?

Hahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahaahhaahahahaahah aahaahahahaaha

Girlystevedave
06-05-2008, 02:35 PM
Jeez...why is this thread still open anyway. Let's just close it so all those non-Tull voters can stop wailing in their misery. :)

Girlystevedave
06-05-2008, 02:37 PM
Back on topic: VOTE DIXIE PIG OR I WILL BE FORCED TO SACRIFICEE FEEV, THEREIN DEPRIVING THIS MESSAGEBOARD OF ITS MAIN SOUCE OF AWESOMENESS AND LIME JOKES!

Let's see you try ...:evil:

The Lady of Shadows
06-05-2008, 02:42 PM

i will pay you $5000 beam bucks if you put that in your sig until the voting closes. (sorry feevie, i still love you). i am not kidding.

Ves'Ka Gan
06-05-2008, 02:53 PM
Done. And not just for the beam bucks. But because it's way better than my old Dixie Pig sig anyway, and like Feev or not...this is serious business!

fernandito
06-05-2008, 02:59 PM
I don't mind, that's f'n hilarious :lol:

P.S - You misspelled source there chief. :fairy:

Ves'Ka Gan
06-05-2008, 03:05 PM
I've never claimed the ability to type legibly...

And did you think that maybe I was implying that I was "souced" when I wrote it? It's possible, I'm a Marine--we were born in a bar!

*off to edit embarrassing typo now...thanks, Feev.*

sarah
06-05-2008, 03:09 PM

i will pay you $5000 beam bucks if you put that in your sig until the voting closes. (sorry feevie, i still love you). i am not kidding.

I will pay you 7500 beambucks if you take it out and keep it out. :)

Plus an additional 1000 beam bucks if you put a link in your sig that says VOTE TULL :lol:

alinda
06-05-2008, 03:12 PM
Isnt this illegal in 48 states? :lol:

The Lady of Shadows
06-05-2008, 03:16 PM
you're assuming feev has friends in that many states? :lol:

sarah
06-05-2008, 03:16 PM
no one threatens to take out my feevie <_<

Ves'Ka Gan
06-05-2008, 03:17 PM

maerlyn

Plus an additional 1000 beam bucks if you put a link in your sig that says VOTE TULL :lol:Wow...this is getting dirty!! Good thing I like it that way!:cool:

No deal Maerlyn.

Can't even say it was tempting.* My allegiance stands with the Dixie Pig!

*it did make me laugh audibly though.

Ves'Ka Gan
06-05-2008, 03:19 PM

He said it was okay!

Although I'm inclined to believe he meant having it in my sig & not actually carrying it out...close enough for government work though...

sarah
06-05-2008, 03:19 PM
so are you going to take me up on my offer?

Plus an additional 1000 beam bucks if you put a link in your sig that says VOTE TULL :lol:

Ves'Ka Gan
06-05-2008, 03:22 PM
ah, my response is on page 7, Maerlyn.

sarah
06-05-2008, 03:35 PM

Wow...this is getting dirty!! Good thing I like it that way!:cool:

No deal Maerlyn.

Can't even say it was tempting.* My allegiance stands with the Dixie Pig!

*it did make me laugh audibly though.[/quote]

ooops sorry, I scrolled right past this.

well if you change your mind about the 7500 let me know. :fairy:

Ves'Ka Gan
06-05-2008, 03:42 PM
I'm a US Marine...not a mercenary. (the money is better as a mercenary--but money without honor is just paper! or in this case...virtual paper?)

sarah
06-05-2008, 03:50 PM
*shrug* ok then

The Lady of Shadows
06-05-2008, 04:37 PM
I'm a US Marine...not a mercenary. (the money is better as a mercenary--but money without honor is just paper! or in this case...virtual paper?)

not virtual at all. think of what you can do with $5000 beam bucks. you'll be a gold member. your very own personalized title for life. a larger sig, a larger picture. go to the beam bucks store (http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/showthread.php?t=1389) thread and see.

Ves'Ka Gan
06-05-2008, 04:52 PM
Oh, I know what I can do with it...:excited:

my point with the comment was that Maerlyn's beam bucks would be worthless to me. I only want beam bucks I can spend & still sleep at night!

The Lady of Shadows
06-05-2008, 05:14 PM
Oh, I know what I can do with it...:excited:

my point with the comment was that Maerlyn's beam bucks would be worthless to me. I only want beam bucks I can spend & still sleep at night!

i now love the marines again. :)

Woofer
06-05-2008, 05:20 PM
hey now. you know that billy idol got his look from spike. :lol:

This Spike?
http://www.silverstormbengals.co.uk/images/spike_and_tyke.jpg

If I put VOTE TULL in my sig, will I get 7500 beam bucks? Look! I did!

The Lady of Shadows
06-05-2008, 05:30 PM
aw, see woofer. i just left you something in the castle and you go and do this? :lol:

love the jethro in your sig. that's too funny.
and no you git, this spike:

http://i278.photobucket.com/albums/kk95/turtlesong/spike.jpg

Woofer
06-05-2008, 05:55 PM
Hehehe. Yeah, I knew which Spike, but isn't it funny to think of that^ Spike influencing Billy Idol? I was going to photoshop that, but I got lazy. :unsure:

A present?! FOR ME?! *wolfhugs* Thankee sai! *dashes off to see*

P.S. Click the VOTE FOR JETHRO TULL link. ;)

The Lady of Shadows
06-05-2008, 07:30 PM
ummm. it's not a link?

Ves'Ka Gan
06-05-2008, 09:37 PM
The thing below it is a link, but it just brings you back here...so I am a little befuddled.

Jean
06-06-2008, 01:19 AM
Now it's 22 for tull and 33 (15 + 18 ) againts it. As I said, I am sure that those who voted Gas Station would have voted DPig if Gas Station wasn't available

Yes, as many have already noted, Dixie Pig is winning; which is only fair because it (as many have already noted, too) is the very point of the book.

Woofer
06-06-2008, 02:28 AM
ummm. it's not a link?

Rats, I should've noticed no underline. I got an error when I first added it, and I had to edit it. I guess I edited out the link. Oh well. It WOULD have taken you to a page to vote on rock and roll stuff.

The thing below it is a link, but it just brings you back here...so I am a little befuddled.

Yeah, that one's right. Operator error on the woof's part.

Hey! It's hard to type with these:
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/4/49/DogDewClawTika1_wb.jpg/120px-

MonteGss
06-06-2008, 06:03 AM
If Gas Station weren't an option, my vote would be for Tull.
Tull isn't as good as GS, but it was better than Dixie Pig. :)

*edit*
I encourage those of you with signature links in to this vote to post in all other forums and threads so those people that tend to shy away from Dark Tower threads ( :unsure: ) will see the link and hopefully vote. :)

fernandito
06-06-2008, 06:33 AM
:lol: :wub:

If Gas Station weren't an option, my vote would be for Tull.
Tull isn't as good as GS, but it was better than Dixie Pig. :)

Jean
06-06-2008, 07:01 AM
exceptions confirm the rule

or else, why wouldn't the Tull partisans support my idea of that final two-option poll?

sarah
06-06-2008, 07:04 AM
Now it's 22 for tull and 33 (15 + 18 ) againts it. As I said, I am sure that those who voted Gas Station would have voted DPig if Gas Station wasn't available

Yes, as many have already noted, Dixie Pig is winning; which is only fair because it (as many have already noted, too) is the very point of the book.

Yes, I admit that I should have waited a bit longer to start this poll so that there would only be two to vote for. But it is too late now, and I'm getting the consensus that this should still stand as the last vote.

and, a big happy bear birthday jean! :couple:

Brice
06-06-2008, 07:10 AM

This kind of argument will win elections in some places. :lol:

Jean
06-06-2008, 07:13 AM
why is it too late??? is there any Dark Authority looming over you I don't know about???

Brice
06-06-2008, 07:24 AM

So, am I wrong in thinking if she'd have said she'd send you $7500.00 in US dollars that you'd change your sig? :lol:

sarah
06-06-2008, 07:39 AM
why is it too late??? is there any Dark Authority looming over you I don't know about???

:lol: no there isn't.

a couple of pages back this was discussed and well most people said they would prefer to leave it alone and not put a time ending on this poll.

So what I'm getting from you is that you would like a Tull/Dixie Pig vote off?

I'm willing.

EDIT:

I could just move this whole thread to the clearing and bring back the other two polls and let them sit awhile before doing a final vote.

hmmmm

Jean
06-06-2008, 07:45 AM
yes, yes, please!

::bearclap of bearpaws::
::bearjump up and down impatiently::

alinda
06-06-2008, 07:45 AM
This sounds good to me ......2 way, win or loose fellas :ninja:

sarah
06-06-2008, 07:47 AM
yes, yes, please!

::bearclap of bearpaws::
::bearjump up and down impatiently::

ok.

let me see how I can do this fair and square....

thread closed for a bit... pm me with questions. :)

Jean
06-06-2008, 07:47 AM
just another thread, I think, DP versus Tull; I don't believe any of those who have already been taking part would be surprized

...and just imagine, if DPig loses (which won't happen, but if), you'll be able to tell me "Well, what did I say?" all my life...

Matt
06-06-2008, 07:52 AM
How is it DP if DP is losing this vote? :lol:

Like in third place.

sarah
06-06-2008, 07:52 AM
since the other two polls were close, I'm going to open them back up for a couple of days and keep this one closed until further notice.

Jean
06-06-2008, 07:56 AM
How is it DP if DP is losing this vote? :lol:

Like in third place.

because those who voted for Tull voted for Tull, and those who voted for Gas Station were mostly hesitating between that and DP, and would have voted for DP if there had been no Gas Station option; there are exceptions, but the main spirit of posts I've read was just that. (or else... remember how Bush Jr. was elected the first time? no voting system guarantees against faults, so the spirit has to be heeded, too, not only the figures)

Matt
06-06-2008, 08:14 AM
Okay, I can see that but I think the same could be said if DP wasn't there, all the votes would have gone to the Gas Station. :lol:

But I'm just being the devils advocate--I'm cool with whatever Sarah decides to do with it. :grouphug:

sarah
06-06-2008, 08:15 AM
Thanks.

I think I'll just reopen the other two poll threads and let those speak for themselves.