Brice
03-03-2010, 10:43 PM
I know, right?

Roehcai
03-04-2010, 02:38 AM
So.. new question? Leti is asking?

Ageless Stranger
03-04-2010, 04:44 AM
Yes, Monte passed the feather to her. I'm sure she'll ask when she sees the current posts.

Brice
03-04-2010, 06:08 AM
I just sent her a note. :)

Letti
03-04-2010, 11:58 AM
Whatwhatwhat?!?!?!?!
Oh..

If this is the answer that you're looking for, I pass the feather to pretty Letti. :):huglove: Thank you. :rose:

Okay, here you go: Once Roland looked for someone under their bed. Who was it?

Ageless Stranger
03-04-2010, 03:48 PM
I have a pretty good idea, but I don't have a question in mind. Monte??

Letti
03-04-2010, 10:21 PM
Monte is like a ghost (a good one). Don't wait for him. Just give it a go. :)

Ageless Stranger
03-04-2010, 10:24 PM

His mother, in her apartments. (I think) This was just before he shot and killed her.

Letti
03-04-2010, 10:44 PM

His mother, in her apartments. (I think) This was just before he shot and killed her.

Well done. Did you need to think about it? :)
Your turn.

Ageless Stranger
03-04-2010, 10:54 PM
Your turn.

Only a little. I was actually trying to think of a worthy question before giving an answer. Not sure I'll do that but here goes.

From the previous question: Where was his mother hiding at when he looked under the bed?

Letti
03-04-2010, 10:56 PM
Your turn.

Only a little. I was actually trying to think of a worthy question before giving an answer. Not sure I'll do that but here goes.

From the previous question: Where was his mother hiding at when he looked under the bed?

Behind the curtains?

Ageless Stranger
03-04-2010, 11:04 PM
Absolutely! You are the champion. :clap:

Letti
03-04-2010, 11:58 PM
Wow! I so rarely win. :dance: I am not good at remembering details.

My turn: Tell me minimum 3 examples when Roland gets to know the future.

Sickrose
03-05-2010, 01:45 AM
Okay here goes:

* The tarot card reading with Flagg in the Gunslinger - he gets to see who he will draw on the beach.
* The Pink grapefruit in Wizard and Glass - he learsn about Thunderclap (amongst other things)
* Ka-Shume in Dark Tower vii - he learns about a forthcoming death.

The last one might be cheating though.

Letti
03-05-2010, 02:42 AM
Okay here goes:

* The tarot card reading with Flagg in the Gunslinger - he gets to see who he will draw on the beach.
* The Pink grapefruit in Wizard and Glass - he learsn about Thunderclap (amongst other things)
* Ka-Shume in Dark Tower vii - he learns about a forthcoming death.

The last one might be cheating though.

I thought about exactly the same ones. Well done. :rose:

Sickrose
03-05-2010, 02:53 AM
Thanks - same wavelength huh :rose:

Okay:

When is the last time Susannah uses a term of endearment e.g 'sugar' towards Roland?

Letti
03-05-2010, 03:03 AM
Thanks - same wavelength huh :rose:

Okay:

When is the last time Susannah uses a term of endearment e.g 'sugar' towards Roland?

Before Eddie's death?

Ageless Stranger
03-05-2010, 04:09 AM
I remember the book saying: "That was the last time she used that or any other endearment" but can't remember exactly when. I agree with the fabulous Letti!:rose:

Sickrose
03-05-2010, 05:12 AM
Letti is almost there - and Ageless Stranger has the exact phrase I was thinking of but there is somehting more specific that happens or they do.....

Letti
03-08-2010, 07:06 AM
I don't feel I can get closer.

MonteGss
03-10-2010, 12:00 PM

Before Eddie's death?

Letti is almost there - and Ageless Stranger has the exact phrase I was thinking of but there is somehting more specific that happens or they do.....

The last time Susannah refers to Roland with endearment is when she calls him "Gilead" when inviting him to the ka-tet's final group hug, before Eddie's death.

Sad, spoilery and hopefully the correct answer. :)

Sickrose
03-10-2010, 12:38 PM
I had completely forgotten about this sorry!! Iwas thinking of when they share water when they feel Ka-shume afterwards when they are discussing what to do next the narrator notes how susannah never uses a term of endearment towards Roland again. They are in the cave above Algul.

I might have misremebered so I will pass the feather onto MonteGss

MonteGss
03-10-2010, 01:39 PM
Well, I guess I would say that the premise of the question is incorrect. Unless of course calling Roland "Gilead" rather than "sugar" are not the same sort of endearments. I assumed that they were since they are both nicknames out of love that Susannah uses towards Roland. She called him "Gilead" well after they felt ka-shume.
:)

MonteGss
03-10-2010, 01:50 PM
:(

"What's your plan?" Susannah asked him. She didn't call him sugar; never called him that or any other endearment ever again, so far as Jake was aware.

I guess "Gilead" is not a name of endearment. :(
How sad. :lol:

dori
03-10-2010, 05:15 PM
i think it is just after eddie's death, she never quite blamed roland but i believe she couldn't look at him in the same forgiving light again after her true love's death on the path of her dinh's obsession

Sickrose
03-11-2010, 05:24 AM
:(

"What's your plan?" Susannah asked him. She didn't call him sugar; never called him that or any other endearment ever again, so far as Jake was aware.

I guess "Gilead" is not a name of endearment. :(
How sad. :lol:

This is exactly the part I was thinking of which I thought was just after they shared water during the Ka-shume thing.

Sorry everyone, I was in work when I was trying to think of a question instead of working which is what i should have been doing :doh:

Brice
03-11-2010, 05:27 AM
Or it does say "so far as Jake was aware". It never says he doesn't and as that was through one character's recollections her calling Roland Gilead may indeed have been intended as a term of endearment. :)

MonteGss
03-11-2010, 09:10 AM
I've kind of lost the train to this question but I believe my answer was the most correct. It seems some may be confused as to the order of events...:confused:

However, since Susannah calling Roland "Gilead" does not fall into the category of a term of endearment then the answer to the current question:

can only be found before the phrase
, which takes place at the end of ka-shume, before Eddie's death.

Yeah. Wow. :lol:

Sickrose
03-15-2010, 02:21 AM
That is exactly what I was thinking of by the way. Consider the feather well earned and well and truly yours MonteGss :)

Lisey Landon
03-15-2010, 02:39 AM
Enter the SK/DT quiz for the chance to win an entry into the giveaway of your choice!
http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/showpost.php?p=493733&postcount=1

MonteGss
03-15-2010, 07:55 PM
Sorry, a two-parter:
Who said, "You make a gah-dam fine Monte Cristo?" Who was this said to?

Happy Trivia!

dori
04-15-2010, 07:29 PM
aaaaagh this question is driving me mad, i have heard it before, i keep thinking it is said to ted as the low men catch up with him in HIA but i checked it and can't find it, please somebody get it or my brain hole might just explode, and nobody wants to clean up that mess lol

Ageless Stranger
04-15-2010, 10:34 PM
I know. Monte locked this thread up. I have no idea what the answer is.

ladysai
04-16-2010, 03:00 AM
Sorry, a two-parter:
Who said, "You make a gah-dam fine Monte Cristo?" Who was this said to?

Happy Trivia!

I think the owner of the Leeville/Ft Lee Diner said it to Don Callahan. (in Wolves)
I cant remember the name of the diner's owner....

Ageless Stranger
06-04-2010, 08:52 PM
Um. If it's ok with everyone I'd like to post a new question. (since it's been close to two months since the last post.)

What was Alain Johns' Father's name? (including his nickname)

Letti
06-05-2010, 12:34 AM
Christopher Johns, his nickname was 'Burning Chris'

Ageless Stranger
06-05-2010, 09:58 AM
You say true Letti, I say thankya! :clap:

Darkthoughts
08-27-2011, 02:00 PM
Bumping this game with a new trivia question!

Which character is described as "Bryan Smith's litter-twin"?

Ageless Stranger
08-28-2011, 06:49 AM
Wow. I can't believe it's been more than a year since we posted here. Good question Darkthoughts. I hope someone can answer. I don't remember a Bryan Smith. :beat:

Darkthoughts
08-28-2011, 07:02 AM
I couldn't believe how long this thread had been dead for either - I used to love this game!