PDA

View Full Version : Peoples best traits

Ka-tet
05-09-2008, 01:21 PM
Okay so what do you like about certain people? what do you belive to be good about them?

And they dont have to be from this site.

Letti: Thinking up those questions that just really make you dig deep into that bank of kowlege that you hold.

Mark: For being the only person away from this site to give me a good discussion.

Arthur Heath
05-09-2008, 04:00 PM
I just posted in another thread about the obscurity of the internet allowing people to be complete jackasses, which wouldn't happen in reality, as they could/would reap the repercussion of being an ass.
The fine folks here a welcoming, genuine, caring and interested in the going ons of other peoples lives.
So I thank you guys, you rock!:couple:

She-Oy
05-09-2008, 04:07 PM
I enjoy wit and sarcasm. Of course one needs to know how and when to use those two endearing things, but when they do and if it's correctly done...I find it genius.

Jean
05-09-2008, 10:06 PM
sense of humor covers a multitude of sins

Daghain
05-10-2008, 09:11 AM
:thumbsup:

Amen, brother!

MonteGss
05-10-2008, 09:14 AM
I enjoy Letti's smokin hotness.

The same applies to Darkers, Daggers, maerlyn and sarajean. :wub:

Daghain
05-10-2008, 09:14 AM
:wub:

obscurejude
05-10-2008, 09:24 AM
Jayson: metaphysical aspirations concerning the Dark Tower.

CK: interesting conversations and forcing me to be precise because he's so nit picky.

Monte: for making cogent twinner theories.

Brice: for putting the "king" in Burger King.

SJ: for being a lovely friend and DT enthusiast.

Letti: for putting it in my head that all Hungarians must be infinitely kind for producing one such as her.

Darkers: makes me want to skip over the pond more than ever.

Daggers: being a great manager and letting us in on the life of Pixel.

Bruno: helps me to loosen up and avoid wearing pink shirts.

Bethany: a ray of sunshine, no matter the weather (emotional or otherwise).

Cozener: for questioning King's role in Song.

I'm sure they're others, but I'll add them later.

jayson
05-10-2008, 09:25 AM
sense of humor covers a multitude of sins

i think it's among the most important qualities in a person. i like people who have a sense of humor both about themselves and about things in general. laughing at things is am effective means of eliminating stress.

jayson
05-10-2008, 09:27 AM

thanks Ryan:)
i enjoy your insatiable insquisitiveness. you are always coming up with more questions, each more interesting than the last.

MonteGss
05-10-2008, 09:48 AM
I want to add these:

R_of_G, obsurejude, CK:
You guys fucking rule! I love hard-core DT Junkies! (even if you're all wrong about the talisman and twinners :lol: )

jayson
05-10-2008, 09:51 AM
Right back at you Monte. You and Matthew are in a class all by yourselves with the trivia. :thumbsup:

MonteGss
05-10-2008, 09:52 AM
That is very kind, my friend. :thumbsup: :cool:

jayson
05-10-2008, 09:52 AM
and you don't even "cheat" with a Concordance. :evil:

obscurejude
05-10-2008, 09:54 AM
Agreed Monte, you rule as well sir. :thumbsup: Very thankful for the DT junkies. The series is more alive than ever for me, and it is due in large part, to the three of you.

MonteGss
05-10-2008, 09:55 AM
As CK would say....I think we're having an Oprah moment. :cry: :lol:

obscurejude
05-10-2008, 09:57 AM
:cry: :lol:

Ka-mai
05-10-2008, 10:12 AM
Never thought I'd say this, but, I like Zone's complete lack of appropriate behavior, his brutal honesty, and the way he just won't stop asking about my sex life (or lack thereof). :lol: It all makes me laugh more than it makes me want to dip my brain in bleach, and that's what counts.

MonteGss
05-10-2008, 10:16 AM
So...are you going to share those intimate moments with us, or not? :lol:

Ka-mai
05-10-2008, 10:18 AM
:lol: Not. Sorry. Unless one day I feel very generous or very drunk, in which case I'll regret it because you guys will bust on me for months after.

I know how you people work. :ninja:

MonteGss
05-10-2008, 10:24 AM
At least you're learning....
:lol:

Jimmy
05-10-2008, 04:48 PM

CK: interesting conversations and forcing me to be precise because he's so nit picky.

Monte: for making cogent twinner theories.

Brice: for putting the "king" in Burger King.

SJ: for being a lovely friend and DT enthusiast.

Letti: for putting it in my head that all Hungarians must be infinitely kind for producing one such as her.

Darkers: makes me want to skip over the pond more than ever.

Daggers: being a great manager and letting us in on the life of Pixel.

Bruno: helps me to loosen up and avoid wearing pink shirts.

Bethany: a ray of sunshine, no matter the weather (emotional or otherwise).

Cozener: for questioning King's role in Song.

I'm sure they're others, but I'll add them later.

Jimmy : is always patient when I don't mention him in huge lineups of names, even though I don't know him and he doesn't know me.

LadyHitchhiker
05-10-2008, 05:25 PM
Linda for being an outstanding woman and an outstanding friend, for listening to me bitch about stuff I probably can't change, and rejoicing with me about stuff we don't want to change.
Letti for getting my sense of humor and making me want to win the lottery to travel and see her.
Jean for being the most intelligent and sweet guy I may have ever met on here...
Milissa and Nerak for being so supportive and patient with me.
Mokona (or whatever name Rosered's going by now) for always being excited to see me.
Monte who takes Scully so I can take Mulder.... :D
Jean Candice for really showing me just how interesting people can be.
Frunobulax where you are for inspiring me.
Ck and Jon for bringing out my naughty side.
Girlystevedave for being supportive and silly and smart.
David for making me laugh everytime I eat hot dogs.
Feverishparade for changing my vision of zorro forever.
B_Rag for making me laugh no matter how bad the day is.

This is just the beginning..........

LadyHitchhiker
05-10-2008, 05:26 PM
But what I love above all things is

Zaniness (which means a sense of humor and creativity)
Selflessness
A love for animals
Understanding...
Depth.

MonteGss
05-10-2008, 05:51 PM

Scully's so hot. :D

mia/susannah
05-10-2008, 05:56 PM
I love the people of TDT.com.

Matt and facilitators, managers and everyone for starting this site.

Jean, who is a very sweet, shy, intelligent and am sure is a very handsome man.
Letti, very smart and sweet and a bueatiful woman
ladyhitchhiker, sweet and very supportive
Alinda, great person, very nice and supportive
Bethany, a ray of sunshine
Girlystevedave, very sassy
CK, smartass but a very good one,please don't take that wrong, meant in a good way
Monte, very handsome and a good man
Obscurejude, great man with lots of talent.

I cannot name everyone, but all the members of this site is very much appreciated. I love the sense of humor that goes with the site.

obscurejude
05-10-2008, 08:09 PM
Milissa for simply being a wonderful addition to the site. :huglove:

obscurejude
05-10-2008, 08:11 PM
I can't believe I forgot everyone's favorite bear:

I sincerely appreciate Jean, for his intelligence, sensitivity, and topic redirect skills.

ZoNeSeeK
05-11-2008, 06:05 PM
Never thought I'd say this, but, I like Zone's complete lack of appropriate behavior, his brutal honesty, and the way he just won't stop asking about my sex life (or lack thereof). :lol: It all makes me laugh more than it makes me want to dip my brain in bleach, and that's what counts.

I do it all for the children :P

fernandito
05-12-2008, 05:16 AM
I thought you did it all for the nookie? the nookie?

Mark
05-13-2008, 07:52 AM
Dean:(ka-tet) for the same reason he stated about me
Letti: See everyone else
Brice: He's funny, cool, intelligent, and reminds me of Back to the Future
Feev: a gamer, like m'self, and a funny guy
Jean: For being a pretty brilliant person bear
Girlystevedave: for giving me 5000 beam bucks, liking back to the Future and Coookies.

Everyone else, i love you, these are just who leaped to mind first

alinda
05-13-2008, 08:29 AM
Everyone that I've encounter here is fine example
of what humans should aspire to. You have all been
thoughtfull and insightful, funny and kind.Generous
and above all loving to each other, and to me. I
find it nearly overwhelming some days.You've
brought me to tears, and touched my very soul
with your tenderness. You've caused me to experience
liquid expelling from my nostrils, and on more than one
occasion fear loosing my job for laughing like a lunatic
on the nursing station where I'm supposed to be viewed
as a professional. I really think your all terrific! Thanks
just for all you do, thanks for being YOU!

Mark
05-13-2008, 10:07 AM
I love Alinda's ability to:

Laugh like a lunatic
Make her last line of her speech rhyme
Make me feel special.
WE WUV YOU ALINDA :huglove: :huglove:

Jean
05-13-2008, 10:22 AM
Everyone that I've encounter here is fine example
of what humans should aspire to. You have all been
thoughtfull and insightful, funny and kind.Generous
and above all loving to each other, and to me. I
find it nearly overwhelming some days.
precisely what I was going to say

I hope to be able to expand one day, because there are quite a few people (as well as animals and other creatures) to whom I would love to dedicate separate posts... and I would like to start before their number exceeds one thousand... only don't know whether it should be here or in that other appreciation thread - are they alike, or is there any difference?

so far, Big Furry Bearhugs! http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k291/mishemplushem/Facilitation/0134-bear.gifhttp://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k291/mishemplushem/Facilitation/0134-bear.gifhttp://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k291/mishemplushem/Facilitation/0134-bear.gifhttp://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k291/mishemplushem/Facilitation/0134-bear.gifhttp://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k291/mishemplushem/Facilitation/0134-bear.gifhttp://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k291/mishemplushem/Facilitation/0134-bear.gifhttp://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k291/mishemplushem/Facilitation/0134-bear.gifhttp://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k291/mishemplushem/Facilitation/0134-bear.gifhttp://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k291/mishemplushem/Facilitation/0134-bear.gif

Unfound One
05-13-2008, 04:26 PM
Matt for being a cheeseball and an all-around excellent person for creating this home.
Ryan for being a friend and deep thinker, and for making me question.
Jayson for appreciating and introducing me to new music, and sharing his wisdom and talent.
Daggers for being omnipresent in every thread and for Pixel pictures.
Brice for sticking up for what's right and sleeping during the day.
Letti for being beautiful and having a glowing personality to match.
Bruno for sending a book/saving me money and keeping the boards alive at 4am.
Matthew for being the sweetest asshole I know.
Monte for hating hints and loving DT trivia threads.
Feev and Amanda for providing hours of endless Person Above You entertainment.
Jean for bringing happiness and flowers wherever he treads.
Linda for being a dear-heart. Always.
Milissa for preparing delicious meals and being such a sweetheart.

fernandito
05-13-2008, 04:35 PM
Feev and Amanda for providing hours of endless Person Above You entertainment.

Pleasure to be of service!

(Insert non-existing 'bow' smilie here)

ZoNeSeeK
05-13-2008, 10:55 PM
I thought you did it all for the nookie? the nookie?

I did.

And then came the children.

Matt
05-14-2008, 01:56 PM
Matt for being a cheeseball and an all-around excellent person for creating this home.

Its people like you that make it work SJ. Thanks so much for everything you do and those amazing eyes. :wub:

alinda
05-14-2008, 02:01 PM
*sniff sniff* see what i mean? :)

jayson
05-14-2008, 02:46 PM
it's a pleasure to be your friend SJ, and not just because you're always ready to talk music with me, but because you're always ready to talk about anything with me and everyone else. :) you're a true ray of sunshine.

LadyHitchhiker
05-14-2008, 04:08 PM

Scully's so hot. :D

:cool:
Mulder's so hot he sets me on fire...

LadyHitchhiker
05-14-2008, 04:09 PM
Ck for making me dream of Randall Flagg in leather pants for some strange reason.... Hmmmmmmm....

And for caring about my thoughts and my opinions... :wub:

Woofer
05-14-2008, 04:23 PM
As so many others have said, I love everyone on thedarktower.org - for different reasons, of course. If nothing else, I love that you love The Dark Tower. :cool:

alinda
05-14-2008, 04:32 PM
:wub: yeah, there's always that. :D

Matt
05-15-2008, 01:11 PM
That giving trait.

To everyone who gave of themselves for our Fund Raiser--no matter how you did it. :wub:

Unfound One
05-15-2008, 01:18 PM
Its people like you that make it work SJ. Thanks so much for everything you do and those amazing eyes. :wub:

it's a pleasure to be your friend SJ, and not just because you're always ready to talk music with me, but because you're always ready to talk about anything with me and everyone else. :) you're a true ray of sunshine.

:blush: :huglove:

LadyHitchhiker
07-27-2008, 07:40 AM
I love the way that Letti always knows what to say to make me feel special.

B Rag
07-27-2008, 09:00 AM
B_Rag for making me laugh no matter how bad the day is.

:D Thanks!

Let's see...

There's LadyHitchhiker, of course! Lots of fun, funny, and shares my love for Person Below You Game, among other things!
I'm a big fan of Cozener, because he's the only one who can make a thread exciting enough for me to check before the Person Below You Game!
Jean and Letti both come to mind; I don't really talk to them much, but when I do they're always very very friendly, and I've seen a lot of great posts by them.
Lefty Writer and Ed Toren! I don't even know if Ed Toren's on this site, but back when I first started to get active on .net, they were some of the first people I talked to. Both very funny and friendly!

Those are the first ones that I can think of.

Jean
07-27-2008, 09:15 AM
I don't really talk to them much
no, alas, you don't - I wish you did, and I hope you will! http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k291/mishemplushem/Facilitation/0134-bear.gifhttp://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k291/mishemplushem/Facilitation/0134-bear.gifhttp://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k291/mishemplushem/Facilitation/0134-bear.gif

B Rag
07-27-2008, 09:34 AM
I'd be glad to! Though it'd be easier if you spent more time in Odd's Lane...

Jean
07-27-2008, 09:44 AM
as soon as you make my day consist of at least 48 hours instead of only 24

(I know that you can, come on, just do it! http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k291/mishemplushem/Facilitation/bear_wink-1.gif)

B Rag
07-27-2008, 09:50 AM
I think I might be able to, but then you'd have to do everything at half speed.

Jean
07-27-2008, 09:54 AM
that's easy! I have to sleep half the year anyway

(if you told me I had to do everything twice as quick, that would be a problem)

B Rag
07-27-2008, 10:05 AM
Hehe. Still, maybe it'll all be easier if I just find more time to spend in Dixie Pig...

Jean
07-27-2008, 10:09 AM
http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k291/mishemplushem/Facilitation/0134-bear.gifhttp://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k291/mishemplushem/Facilitation/0134-bear.gifhttp://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k291/mishemplushem/Facilitation/0134-bear.gif

Jon
08-04-2008, 12:14 AM
In general, those with patience. I display boundless patience at work but I cannot seem to bring that trait home.

And (All Hail,) Matthew's ability to wear women's lingerie and still be confident in his manhood.

Wuducynn
08-04-2008, 06:20 AM
And (All Hail,) Matthew's ability to wear women's lingerie and still be confident in his manhood.

:lol: :thumbsup:

jayson
08-04-2008, 06:26 AM
Where are the pictures you promised me Matthew? :lol:

LadyHitchhiker
08-06-2008, 01:31 PM
I :wub: men in fishnets... Me-ow!

alinda
08-06-2008, 02:24 PM
I think the very best trait of humans is compassion.

LadyHitchhiker
08-06-2008, 02:31 PM
Empathy is an excellent trait
but a sense of humor is way up there for me still.

B Rag
08-06-2008, 05:10 PM
I agree; I can't imagine being friends with someone that can't make me laugh. I guess if I could have an intelligent, stimulating conversation with someone, that might make up for it... but what are the odds of that? :P

alinda
08-06-2008, 06:17 PM
:rofl:

LadyHitchhiker
08-08-2008, 03:26 AM
I like intelligent stimulating conversations but if they don't have any humor in them, odds are I will be bored... :( And they have to be understanding, too, so that's why humor and empathy is important.

Girlystevedave
08-08-2008, 09:23 AM
For me: If someone can make me laugh until I'm in tears or my stomach hurts, then they have won me over. :)

Jean
08-08-2008, 09:27 AM
For me: If someone can make me laugh until I'm in tears or my stomach hurts, then they have won me over. :)
I have a friend (a lady) who has a little problem, when she laughs very hard she can't hold - you know. Well, the best reward for my clumsy ursine attempts at witticisms is when she says, "Shut up, or I'll pee myself!"

(does that count?)

Girlystevedave
08-08-2008, 09:30 AM
:lol: I'd definitely say that counts.

The Lady of Shadows
08-08-2008, 11:14 AM
I have a friend (a lady) who has a little problem, when she laughs very hard she can't hold - you know. Well, the best reward for my clumsy ursine attempts at witticisms is when she says, "Shut up, or I'll pee myself!"

(does that count?)

oh god that definitely counts! :lol:

LadyHitchhiker
08-12-2008, 01:06 PM

Have I won you over yet? ;)

B Rag
08-12-2008, 04:12 PM

What if I make you cry and hurt your stomach, but it's unrelated to the laughing?

B Rag
04-08-2009, 09:10 AM
I like this thread. BUMP!

Brice
04-08-2009, 09:16 AM

What if I make you cry and hurt your stomach, but it's unrelated to the laughing?

Then I show up on your doorstep for a little one on one counseling. :angry:

:P

AlishaRiley
04-08-2009, 03:25 PM
Oh, this thread's nice. :wub:

Everybody who has made me feel welcome on this forum, and for letting me into their online home - that's a nice trait to have. :P
Humour, kindness, and there's always somebody there to cheer me up when I'm feeling a little down. Thanks, guys. :grouphug:

DoctorDodge
04-08-2009, 03:37 PM
Oh, this thread's nice. :wub:

Everybody who has made me feel welcome on this forum, and for letting me into their online home - that's a nice trait to have. :P
Humour, kindness, and there's always somebody there to cheer me up when I'm feeling a little down. Thanks, guys. :grouphug:

You took the words right out of my mouth, Alisha. Out all the forums i've been on, this is undoubtedly one of the nicest. I think it has something to do with how relaxed people are allowed to be in their discussions, and yes, i am mostly referring to the fact that whenever i swear in a post (which is a LOT) i've never been censored! :D

But really, it's entirely down to the people on this board, so thanks to y'all, guys! You're all truly fucking A, AND fucking B! (Fucking brilliant - decided ages ago that the uk needed a more "british" expression to use! :lol:) :grouphug:

Brice
04-08-2009, 03:54 PM
:grouphug:

Now that y'all mention it we are pretty fuckin' amazing. :lol:

Unfound One
04-08-2009, 09:37 PM
I like us too. :)

LadyHitchhiker
05-23-2011, 04:57 AM
Here's a few... Yes, I'm resurrecting this thread because it deserves it!

Jon:

We talk about anything and everything and for some reason he still likes me and wants to talk to me. :wub: He makes me laugh when I feel down, and lets me feel angry without feeling guilty about it, and makes me laugh. We can talk about serious or silly stuff... and I always feel better having talked to him.

And Jean:
who always makes me feel beautiful and intelligent..

Candy:
For always being there, a laugh or a cry; she's there if I really need her.

Letti:
For having an enormous enough heart to always see the positive in me.

Bethany:
For her gentleness and sass

candy
05-23-2011, 05:18 AM
:huglove: always lady, always

LadyHitchhiker
05-23-2011, 05:21 AM
And I'm always there for you! I hope you know that! :)