PDA

View Full Version : Funniest Dark Tower moments ***SPOILERS***

Wuducynn
05-15-2007, 12:56 PM
What are the funniest moments in the Dark Tower saga for everyone? The funniest for me is the "Lemons" scene in Song of Susannah when Eddie is telling Calvin about how his brother didn't think software was a good investment. It makes me laugh, fit to split, aye! :rofl:

sarah
05-15-2007, 02:12 PM
Right now I'm listening to the Drawing of the Three and I'm just cracking up at Eddie. The way he talks to Roland has me laughing out loud.

Matt
05-15-2007, 02:18 PM
I have laughed hard at those exchanges too. Just the way he teases him all the time about being a machine.

I know they grew, but I missed that kind of stuff in the last three.

And Henry was just an idiot wasn't he? :lol:

pol
05-15-2007, 04:57 PM
I agree, the interactions between Roland and Eddie in early books are memorable...I think this interaction even enhanced their relationship as they grew closer.

MonteGss
05-16-2007, 09:06 AM
Anytime Roland thinks of astin. There is a scene in DT7 when he says it like a sigh and with such emotion like "aah, astin." Roland can be pretty funny too.

LadyGan
05-16-2007, 05:28 PM
Eddie in the early books was great.

I got a kick out the whole bumhug thing.

sarajean
05-20-2007, 10:04 AM
"Oh, I can't," he said, clutching his trousers and smiling a huge broad smile that felt like a scream trying to get out of his skin. "That pesky thing fell off last week, that did."

sheemie to rhea, wizard and glass

ZoNeSeeK
05-20-2007, 11:37 PM
I have to get the audiobooks!

Erin
05-21-2007, 01:18 PM
I personally laughed out loud several times when Jake and Oy switch bodies.

Bethany
05-22-2007, 01:49 PM
"Oh, I can't," he said, clutching his trousers and smiling a huge broad smile that felt like a scream trying to get out of his skin. "That pesky thing fell off last week, that did."

One of my favorites, too.

Spencer
05-22-2007, 06:26 PM
Johnny Cash. Without question.

VolsToTheWall
05-22-2007, 10:11 PM
I agree, the interactions between Roland and Eddie in early books are memorable...I think this interaction even enhanced their relationship as they grew closer.

Yeah, I love the early back and forth banter between Eddie and Roland. So much funny stuff there.

One funny scene which always cracks me up on my re-reads is when Roland drinks the Pepsi that Eddie bought him. Roland: "My God! It's sweet!" I can just picture that so well in my mind. Really, I just love all of Roland's interactions with things he doesn't understand from our world, lots of humor to be had.

Oshia
05-23-2007, 03:14 AM
In the early books when he referes to "Ka" as "Kaka (poopoo)".

Ahh, I thought about reading the series again, but I may get the audio books instead, give my eyes a rest.

*edit*

"He" being Eddie of course! :D

Ruki
05-23-2007, 03:59 AM

i was listening to that at work last week and i laughed so hard i ended up bent over holding my stomach and hardly breathing, two people came over to see what was wrong and that just made me laugh harder.

AJ
05-23-2007, 06:50 AM
The Sammich Scene in 7.

"I'd prefer a sauce that didn't look so much like come myself"

and "Let's go, I'll eat my come and cheese sandwich while I drive"

Cuthbert Allbad
05-31-2007, 06:31 AM
I liked when Oy intro'd himself in Calla.....Oy, Eld, Thankee!!

Matt
05-31-2007, 10:23 AM
:lol:

That was another great part for me too.

Wuducynn
06-01-2007, 05:06 AM
The Sammich Scene in 7.

Another funniest moment of the saga! :rofl:

SON-OF-WAYNE
06-04-2007, 04:58 PM
Ha Ha Ha I was going to say the Sammich scene also, Some times Roland was so clueless.

Frunobulax
06-05-2007, 08:54 AM
Come and cheese sandwich is the funniest scene for me, too.

Matt
06-05-2007, 11:01 AM
I don't know, the "bumhug" jokes had me laughing quite a bit as they went on. :lol:

Jean
06-05-2007, 11:14 AM
I was laughing like mad when, after those Calla people sitting in the back of the room started hail-marying, -

"Bag it," Callahan snapped. "Save it for Sunday."

Maybe it was me being Catholic and him being a Catholic priest, or maybe it's because I was so very wound up emotionally, bursting with some almost ecstatic gratitude having recognized my favorite character, my long-lost Father from 'Salem's Lot in the Old Fella, - but it struck me as about the funniest thing I've ever heard.

Frunobulax
06-05-2007, 11:27 AM
Bumhug....hehe.

nyy3723a
06-07-2007, 06:38 AM
Tuter Fish always gave me a chuckle.

sarah
01-28-2008, 08:19 AM
for some reason, I was laughing out loud when Callahan was describing the jail scene when he hit bottom. The way Stephen King wrote it had me in stitches. My hubby asked me what was so funny, as I was in histarics, and I tried to explain but couldn't. Sometimes stuff that isn't supposed to be funny just is.

jayson
01-28-2008, 08:22 AM
Oy pissing on Blaine's carcass is always a good one for me, as is the scene where Oy says "fuck."

Wuducynn
01-28-2008, 08:34 AM
Ohhh I love it when an old thread gets revived..especially one of mine.
Oy saying "fuck" and Mrs Tassenbaum's reaction had me laughing for a good two or three days afterwards.

jayson
01-28-2008, 08:56 AM
absolutely, oy is funny, but mrs. tassenbaum's reaction makes the whole scene.

Storyslinger
01-28-2008, 10:19 AM
absolutely, oy is funny, but mrs. tassenbaum's reaction makes the whole scene.

Without a doubt

Ruthful
01-28-2008, 11:03 AM
The Sammich Scene in 7.

That scene was riotously funny. There are so many hilarious scenes throughout the course of this series that you could probably devote several different threads to exploring them in full detail. Some of the scenes that unfold in flashbacks have an ingrained, dark, caustic humor to them, but the dialogues between Eddie and Roland are great as well.

Wuducynn
01-28-2008, 11:06 AM
"Lemons"

jayson
01-28-2008, 11:12 AM
"Lemons"

since reading that part, i have used that joke a lot. i liked one more glimpse at the great sage and imminent moron, henry dean.

Wuducynn
01-28-2008, 12:56 PM
i liked one more glimpse at the great sage and imminent moron, henry dean.

Same here and thats a much more accurate description of him. :thumbsup:

R.F.
01-28-2008, 01:02 PM
Not really one of the funniest moments, but I got a kick out of the Gawdbomb dude.

My vote for funniest would have to go to the come and cheese.

Letti
01-28-2008, 01:37 PM
Not really one of the funniest moments, but I got a kick out of the Gawdbomb dude.

He did rock. Sometimes he seemed to be insane and after that to be a genious...

Wuducynn
01-28-2008, 01:40 PM
He was nutty, but in a good way.

jayson
01-28-2008, 02:12 PM
He was nutty, but in a good way.

he was a very authentic new yorker, which is another way of saying what CK said

R.F.
01-28-2008, 03:11 PM
You know, there would have been some pretty "nutty" characters had the story visited New Orleans...

jayson
01-28-2008, 03:15 PM
perhaps had katrina happened while he was writing it, he'd have leaned that way. like i've said before, as a native new yorker,I think the Rose proves what I have always believed, that NYC is the center of the universe.

Malficeus
01-28-2008, 03:18 PM
when eddie went through customs in the airport in The Drawing of the Three and his reaction to their 'search'

R.F.
01-28-2008, 03:18 PM
It would be funny to read King's take on how characters from New York and New Orleans would interact. Hell, even I have a hard time understanding some of the people down here.

jayson
01-28-2008, 03:19 PM
i could see it being a place where the tet could easily meet some folken to shoot.:shoot:

R.F.
01-28-2008, 03:21 PM
Gangmembers, maybe... Though there IS quite a lot of Southern Hospitality down here.

Also, another of my favorite funny moments: How did the dead baby cross the road?

Wuducynn
01-28-2008, 04:41 PM
It would be funny to read King's take on how characters from New York and New Orleans would interact. Hell, even I have a hard time understanding some of the people down here.

Interesting considering that New Orleans has had a big influx of New Yorkers over the past fifty or so years, to the point where a lot of natives have a combination of a NY accent and cajun. Which I noted to a native one time when I visited New Orleans. He told me that makes sense because of the amount that moved from NY to New Orleans.

R.F.
01-28-2008, 04:46 PM
CK, I wasn't aware of the New York influence. Of course, New Orleans has been influenced by quite a few different people over the years.

Wuducynn
01-28-2008, 04:51 PM
Yeah, same with most big cities.. another funny moment was when Dinky tells Finli to shove his book where it doesn't shine...I got a good laugh at that.

jayson
01-28-2008, 04:53 PM
Yeah, same with most big cities.. another funny moment was when Dinky tells Finli to shove his book where it doesn't shine...I got a good laugh at that.

i was just so glad to see dinky again. he was hilarious, and ted describing dinky was even funnier. too bad eddie and dink didn't get more time together. they'd have had a blast.

Wuducynn
01-28-2008, 05:02 PM
i was just so glad to see dinky again. he was hilarious, and ted describing dinky was even funnier. too bad eddie and dink didn't get more time together. they'd have had a blast.

Yeah, you could tell they were both on the same Heavy Sarcasm About Everything wavelength and talk about some funny stuff between them if they had hung out more.

sarah
01-28-2008, 07:45 PM
When Sayre is telling Mia that she gets to keep the chap for five years and Detta Walker says..."dass raht, darlin, dass raht," she cackled, "he won't come in yo' mouf or get it in you' hair!"

:rofl: Oh boy does detta have a way with words. :rofl:

MonteGss
01-28-2008, 08:04 PM
I just read that part as I was looking through SoS poking around for an answer to Daghain's trivia question. That part is hysterical. :lol:

Storyslinger
01-29-2008, 09:26 AM
I love the part in SoS, when Eddie and Roland me King and he says

"It's against my religion to insult men carrying guns."

LadyHitchhiker
02-01-2008, 08:26 AM
I love the part where Roland keeps calling it a tooterfish sandwich....

And actually ROland's reaction to the first door was hysterical too.

BillyxRansom
03-16-2008, 07:52 AM
"Why did the dead baby cross the road? It was stapled to superflu."

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

MonteGss
03-16-2008, 07:54 AM
This thread already exists my friend. :)
Look or do a Search before you create a thread. :)
:cool:
I am sure a mod can take care of it for you though....it's no biggie! :)

MonteGss
03-16-2008, 07:58 AM
Damn....I know it is around here someplace. I've posted in it before. Now I can't seem to find it though....
Hmmm.

Jean
03-16-2008, 08:00 AM
when in doubt, Monte, ask Jeeves.

I mean, of course, ask the bear!

the merge was successful

http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k291/mishemplushem/Facilitation/bear_cool.gif

MonteGss
03-16-2008, 08:01 AM
Yep, here it is:

http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/showthread.php?t=280&highlight=funny

MonteGss
03-16-2008, 08:01 AM
I knew I wasn't crazy. :)
As always...you are super :cool: Jean.

BillyxRansom
08-08-2008, 09:11 AM
REVIVING THREADS YAY

Okay, before having to return Wolves to a friend because his father owned it and suddenly decided it wasn't okay for me to borrow it, I read a scene in which the ka-tet goes todash. I forget if it's the first or second time, but I think it was the second because they had been following Jake to the rose. Anyway, there is a part where they are crossing the street, and Roland pretty much puts his hand out to a bunch of cars who are approaching and says, "Stop, in the name of Gilead!" or something to that effect.

I don't know why, but that line had me laughing so hard, still does.

Jean
08-08-2008, 09:33 AM
talking about Wolves, here's one of my personal favorites:

The image of the Man Jesus was in profile, and Roland was glad. Had He been facing him full on, the gunslinger wasn't sure he could have done his morning business without closing his eyes, full though his bladder was. Strange place to put a picture of God's Son, he thought, and then realized it wasn't strange at all. In the ordinary course of things, only Rosalita used this privy, and the Man Jesus would have nothing to look at but her prim back.

BillyxRansom
08-08-2008, 11:05 AM

The image of the Man Jesus was in profile, and Roland was glad. Had He been facing him full on, the gunslinger wasn't sure he could have done his morning business without closing his eyes, full though his bladder was. Strange place to put a picture of God's Son, he thought, and then realized it wasn't strange at all. In the ordinary course of things, only Rosalita used this privy, and the Man Jesus would have nothing to look at but her prim back.

This is actually rather creepy to me. I lol'd either way, though.

BillyxRansom
08-08-2008, 11:18 AM
I love the part where Roland keeps calling it a tooterfish sandwich....

And actually ROland's reaction to the first door was hysterical too.

I don't have the Drawing of the Three anymore! So I can't go back and look.. :(:(:(

The Lady of Shadows
08-08-2008, 11:22 AM
oy saying fuck. mrs. tassenbaum asking "young man did that animal just say fuck?"

Letti
08-08-2008, 12:46 PM

Yeah, it's strange... and still... so good and natural at the same time.
I did love reading this part.

kirin
08-09-2008, 12:45 PM
rolands interpretations of some of our words fotografs, and astin stuff like that tickled me

Empath of the White
08-14-2008, 09:47 PM
Oy calling for silence in Wolves of the Calla and "Johnny Cash" in The Drawing of the Three, as well as Detta's reaction to Eddie and Roland...when she was thinking they were jacking each other off. Just seemed kinda random. Actually I find most of Detta's parts kinda funny for some reason. :wtf:

Letti
08-14-2008, 11:27 PM
Oy calling for silence in Wolves of the Calla and "Johnny Cash" in The Drawing of the Three, as well as Detta's reaction to Eddie and Roland...when she was thinking they were jacking each other off. Just seemed kinda random. Actually I find most of Detta's parts kinda funny for some reason. :wtf:

You are lucky in this case because many people find her annoying.
I like her as well. :) However sometimes it's damn hard to understand her (for me at least).

Wuducynn
08-15-2008, 02:51 PM
when she was thinking they were jacking each other off.

This is a big spoiler here shhhhhhhhhhh

Detta was right!

Brainslinger
08-16-2008, 03:43 PM
One of the funniest bits in the books for me:

"I guess I'll live." He looks at Roland expressionlessly. "You'll never know how close it was a couple of times, though. Once I took one of your guns and put it against my head. Cocked it, held it there for awhile, and then took it away. Eased the hammer down and shoved it back in your holster"....

"What stopped you pulling the trigger?"

"Well, this is the only pair of pants I've got," Eddie says. "At the last second I thought that if I pulled the trigger and it was one of those dud shells, I'd never get up the guts to do it again ... and once you shit your pants, you gotta wash 'em right away or live with the stink forever. Henry told me that. He learned it in Nam. And since it was nighttime and Lester the Lobster was out, not to mention all his friends -"

But the gunslinger is laughing, laughing hard, although only an occasional cracked sound actually escapes from his lips. The Drawing of the Three: SHUFFLE

The Lady of Shadows
08-17-2008, 01:20 PM
:lol:

oh man, i had forgotten all about him calling the lobstrosities "lester the lobster"

sarah
08-18-2008, 09:23 AM
:rofl: yeah, that is some classic eddie stuff right there. :lol:

lipgloss_and_revolver
08-24-2008, 07:26 PM
The come and cheese sandwich always cracked me up. :lol: And pretty much eveything Eddie said.

VastOne
08-24-2008, 07:52 PM
"that store bought pussy is always over rated by the younger generation"

Susannah Dean Best heard on the audio book of W & G

Brian
09-17-2008, 12:31 AM
I got a pretty good laugh when Jake flips out on that taxi driver that almost hits Oy:thumbsup:

Wuducynn
09-20-2008, 10:54 AM
I got a pretty good laugh when Jake flips out on that taxi driver that almost hits Oy:thumbsup:

Hell yeah, and how Reverend Harrigan deals with that taxi driver made that scene even funnier.

Jackie
09-20-2008, 05:10 PM
I just find it hilarious how Roland couldn't pronunce Aspirin:rofl:

Jackie
09-20-2008, 05:12 PM
Oh wait i forgot!!

the funniest: When Eddie told Roland to buy him a sandwich and he bring it back and says "I would prefer to have something that looks a little less like cum on my popkin"

:rofl:

RandoofGilead
09-23-2008, 10:14 AM
Oh wait i forgot!!

the funniest: When Eddie told Roland to buy him a sandwich and he bring it back and says "I would prefer to have something that looks a little less like cum on my popkin"

HA HA! That was great! You never expect to hear Roland come up with a comical line like that but that came out of nowhere. Then again, how much of it was meant to be a joke?

Jackie
09-24-2008, 03:36 PM
Oh wait i forgot!!

HA HA! That was great! You never expect to hear Roland come up with a comical line like that but that came out of nowhere. Then again, how much of it was meant to be a joke?

Nah, I think he was kind of serious about it because he never saw/had mayonnaise before

klobbrus
07-27-2009, 06:16 PM
Greetings.

I like the scene when Eddie was being interrogated by the customs agents when he first met Roland. He says something like:

I was afraid to look down and see his finger sticking out my cock!

Also when he is being searched by Balazars man, he said something like:

If i'd known, I would've wiped with a chair leg!

EvaH
07-27-2009, 08:01 PM
From The drawing of the three.

Fat Johnny reached down, and as he grasped the wallet he farted loudly and screamed. With faint amusement the gunslinger realized he had mistaken the sound of his own fart for a gunshot and his time of dying had come.

GirlGoneNineteen
07-30-2009, 09:10 AM
From W&G:
"Oh, Christ. I left the world I knew to watch a kid try to put booties on a fucked-up weasel. Shoot me, Roland, before I breed. "

ola
07-30-2009, 11:23 PM
When Roland gets really excited about the "Shooters Bible" and how cheap bullets are, that one cracked me up.

dbarkan
08-12-2009, 10:45 AM
One of the funniest moments for me is what Roland thinks when he gets his fingers eaten by the Lobstrosity. I was sort of taken aback that it happened, because I had come to think of him as invincible, and it was very sudden. So my thoughts were "Wait..he loses his fingers? Doesn't he have six more books to journey through?"

Roland's thought (while he is still fighting the monster): I forsee serious problems ahead.

It was perfect timing, understatement of the year. Hopefully others were able to laugh at it too, might just be my twisted sense of humor.

Reviarc
08-18-2009, 02:24 PM
Maybe I'm an extremely fucked up individual but I recently just got a kick out of The Gunslinger.

When Jake is pushed in front of the car, SK describes his genitals getting squashed, his back being broken, etc. but Bama's only wondering how bad he's skinned his knees and the perfect, crustless sandwiches Ms. Gretta Shaw made for him in his backpack.

That was funny but Marten spitting a bunch of times right in the face of a murked dude (Nort) was also pretty cool.

Ok yes, I'm an extremely fucked up individual.

Brice
08-19-2009, 03:40 AM
Well, it would be rude to argue.

turtlex
08-19-2009, 03:43 AM
:wtf:

Antares
11-01-2009, 08:11 AM
I find it hilarious when Stephen King encounters Roland and Eddie and he just runs away.

Then the whole sandwich and mayo scene... :rofl: But I always think it's funny, when Roland has to deal with things of Eddie's (our) world.

Another funny scene is when Jake exchanges minds with Oy... I've never read the english version of the books, but the way Oy aka Ake talks is extremely funny.

Some scenes between Roland and Rosalita make me laugh. :P

and so on and so on

Wuducynn
11-02-2009, 11:29 AM
Another funny scene is when Jake exchanges minds with Oy... I've never read the english version of the books, but the way Oy aka Ake talks is extremely funny.

It's damn funny in English too. :thumbsup:

pinkymcfatfat
12-13-2009, 12:34 AM
Anything involving sandwiches.

Sickrose
12-13-2009, 02:10 AM
In Wolves of the Calla when Roland goes todash in New York - his observations are pretty funny. How everyone walks across the road the road when the 'Dont Walk' sign is on and how he thinks that he is good at adapting and if he lives in New York long enought he would be walking across the road when the 'Dont Walk' light is on and holding his middle finger up at Tac sees.

Also when he first sees seomone doing this to a taxi he says somehting like I imagine it doesnt mena long days and pleasant nights!

The whole pasage is funny.

Letti
12-13-2009, 02:13 AM
We must admit Roland has a very good sense of homour.

stone, rose, unfound door
12-19-2009, 11:57 AM
Too bad he doesn't know it.

Letti
12-19-2009, 10:49 PM
Too bad he doesn't know it.

That makes it even funnier. ;)

Malice
12-21-2009, 08:06 AM
Although I laugh at pretty much anything that Eddie says or does I think the hardest I have laughed was at the beginning of W&G on how he deals with the pain that is blaine. And also in WOTC the argument between Roland and Callahan had me laughing...said argument can be found in my signature. But there are to money funny moments on Eddie and Rolands behalf to choose just one.

Delah
01-23-2010, 08:27 AM
When Roland and Oy are chasing Jake through the tunnels under Lud and they get to the door leading into the cradle of the Grays, Roland closes his eyes to "see" through Jake's eyes and get an idea of what's going on in the room.

"Ake," Oy whispered, as if reminding Roland that this was neither the time nor the place to take a nap.

I love the humor here, and Oy's single mindedness.

Jean
01-23-2010, 11:17 AM
yes, I loved that, too!

when I was retelling the story to my mother, at that moment she laughed and said, "You made it up yourself!" - I had to swear it was in the text.

jwill
01-26-2010, 02:11 AM
From W&G:
"Oh, Christ. I left the world I knew to watch a kid try to put booties on a fucked-up weasel. Shoot me, Roland, before I breed. "

i thought this was the funniest thing id ever heard

i also liked when Eddie was talkin about ka and Roland called it Kaka causing eddie's, jake's, and susannah's jaws to drop

Savvy
01-26-2010, 02:35 AM
this was the first time Roland made the joke on purpose:clap:

saxy555
02-05-2010, 12:02 AM
I can't buy a can of tuna at the store without saying "tooter fish" in my brain and chuckling. I get some weird looks. My daughter and I both call it that when we talk to each other (yes she's a huge SK-DT fan too).

And of course "bumhug" and Jake's reaction to the word every time Eddie said it. :wtf:

Letti
02-10-2010, 01:18 PM
My daughter and I both call it that when we talk to each other (yes she's a huge SK-DT fan too).

And how great is that?
Welcome to the site. :rose:

Roehcai
02-10-2010, 03:50 PM
I seriously have to reccomend the audiobooks. It enhances so many parts, and is fun to hear their 'voices'. Roland's trouble with our words are quite funny at times. The mayo-sandwhich scene is quite amusing, but prior to it, Eddie asks roland to repeat 'hoagie' before letting him go get it, and the way says back 'hoggie' in audio had me cracking up.

I will have to agree with others on here too, though, with many of what thay said: Jake and Oy switching bodies, oy saying 'fuck', and many of Eddie's antics, etc.

krisagon
08-14-2010, 07:48 AM
My fav bits in the order I can think of them:

1) Any and all references to the GAWD BOMB guy
2) When the old guy in Calla Sturgis refers to going #2 as "shooting dirt"
3) When Dandelo is talking about his photo of the DT and he says "Well who do you think took it? Ansel Fucking Adams?"

starla
09-08-2010, 07:34 AM
I think the pharmacist's reaction to being held up for Keflex is hilarious. :)

tufagon
10-28-2013, 11:40 AM
yes a great quote such controlled understatement t:cowboy:

Jonny Five
11-01-2013, 07:06 PM
My daughter cracked up when I played her the audiobook scene with Callahan getting that "pancake of warmth" that says he "just shot the chocolate", but I'm split three ways between Gasher on the bridge (toddle off to hell on the same handcart), Roland telling off Jack Andolini (all that asslicking only makes him uglier) and of course Eddie & Roland's “salommy sanditch.” scene (hoggie.)

Jonny Five
11-01-2013, 07:16 PM
Oh wait... "Man Jesus, she even sounded like a donkey." George Guidall reading that whole first section of Calla with the description of Son-of-a-Bitch is a relaxed riot, with the "yer-buggers" and the "never think its", and the deadpan farmer spite of the old people calling it "Loose Ground". Epic fun

Deaf&Dumb
05-16-2014, 12:15 PM
Tuter Fish always gave me a chuckle.

This. Very much this. I'm not one to show much, if any, emotion while reading, but Tuter Fish gets me still. I even write it on my shopping lists.

Honkymofo
09-21-2014, 10:12 AM
There are a lot of hilarious moments. Here are a couple of my favorites;
When Roland says "What's wrong, do you see your sister's bum?"

Roland on the benefits of smoking: "Eddie, if one waits until the lungs are fully formed, tobacco prolongs life, not shortens it. It's the reason why in Gilead everyone smoked but the very poorest, and even they had their shuckies, like as not. Tobacco keeps away ill-sick vapors, for one thing. Many dangerous insects, for another. Everyone knows this."

Honkymofo
09-21-2014, 10:20 AM

Roland on the benefits of smoking: "Eddie, if one waits until the lungs are fully formed, tobacco prolongs life, not shortens it. It's the reason why in Gilead everyone smoked but the very poorest, and even they had their shuckies, like as not. Tobacco keeps away ill-sick vapors, for one thing. Many dangerous insects, for another. Everyone knows this."

Honkymofo
09-21-2014, 10:24 AM

ka-tetcast
09-28-2014, 10:12 PM
I love Eddie's terrible jokes in The Waste Lands!

Gnagsta
10-31-2014, 10:11 PM
I constantly call people "bumhugs" lol

Xerrand
06-27-2015, 08:28 AM
Johnny Cash. Without question.

When he gets it wrong at the very end and the answer actually is Johnny cash :lol: I was n bits laughing

rockthecasbah
10-23-2015, 12:16 AM
The scene in W&G in which Rhea gets knocked off the seat of her pony cart. Shoes flying straight up!

rockthecasbah
10-24-2015, 10:44 PM
For me it was when Rhea's horse started too fast and she was thrown backwards with her feet in the air.

rockthecasbah
10-30-2015, 12:51 AM
For me it had to be in IV when Rhea's horse starts quickly and throws her back with her legs in the air. Nice slapstick.

Mister_Oy
11-17-2015, 10:47 AM
Gotta be Oy saying F*** and Mrs Tassenbaum's reaction :)

otherjr1
09-21-2016, 03:49 AM
I'll always love Cuthbert calling his horse 'Glue Boy'.