PDA

View Full Version : Picture this: a Time Lord in the Dark Tower series

razz
04-24-2008, 01:34 PM
-

OchrisO
04-24-2008, 01:40 PM
The Doctor only ever rends the fabric between worlds/dimensions once, though, and it ends up being a one way trip for Rose, and she can't come back. :P

razz
04-24-2008, 01:51 PM
think about it. the dark tower series takes place in the distant (very distant) future. when humanity is almost back where it started. but it cant be too far in, as the doctor experienced both the end of the world, as well as the end of the universe. so theoretically, the Doctor could travel to the time period of the Dark tower, or simply find a doorway from his world, and use the tardis and his sonic screwdriver to travel through.

OchrisO
04-24-2008, 02:52 PM
Only if The Doctor exists on the same level of the Tower as Roland does, or even if it is the same level as one of the few that Roland visits, though, which is unlikely, since our world is assumedly the world where Sai King exists, only Roland only briefly visits, and The Doctor presumably exists in our level of the Tower. Sorry to be the crusher of dreams. :P

Wuducynn
04-24-2008, 03:28 PM
Yeah, Mid-World isn't a very distant future...its another universe that is similar to our own, but is on a different time-line and everything.

razz
04-24-2008, 04:59 PM
while it's improbably on so many levels, it is still, if only vaguely, possible

Wuducynn
04-24-2008, 05:05 PM
Oh yeah. Its a cute concept. I think Walter and/or Los would tire of The Doctor and he would be done for, but its an interesting idea.

mia/susannah
04-24-2008, 05:05 PM
I don't think that would happen though. Not in our world anyway

razz
04-24-2008, 05:13 PM
one can dream though, one can dream...
*plays slow dramatic music as the camera pans out and fades*

Woofer
04-25-2008, 03:40 AM
The Doctor only ever rends the fabric between worlds/dimensions once, though, and it ends up being a one way trip for Rose, and she can't come back. :P

^ what he said. But it would be cool to see that interaction. I think Roland would see the sonic screwdriver and The Doctor's equivalent to his guns of the Eld. You know, given the hinky nature of time in Roland's world, he could now be close to The Doctor's age.

razz
04-25-2008, 05:39 AM
he's 903 years old, and still makes his own bread!!!
*laughes maniacly*