PDA

View Full Version : BSG--**possible spoilers**

Scoogs
04-21-2008, 06:41 PM
How can there be a TV forum with no Battlestar Galactica thread?

I've been hooked on the show since the mini-series aired and can't stop watching it. For a while, it was literally the only reason I had cable.

The original had it's own entertainment value (and high cheese factor), but the remake is such a huge upgrade/improvement that it's hard to believe they're based on the same idea.
It sucks that this is the final season, but I'm glad the writers are ending it on their own terms and not being cancelled like SciFi has a bad habit of doing.

If you aren't watching it, you should be. However, don't start watching the current season. Go back and start at the begining or you won't have any idea what the heck is going on.

OchrisO
04-21-2008, 06:44 PM
It is really an amazing show, and probably some of the best storytelling going on on TV right now. The last season has been awesome so far.

Daghain
04-21-2008, 08:08 PM
OMG, I LOVE this series! DBF and I have been hooked since day one.

Mattrick
04-21-2008, 10:36 PM
I HAVEN'T READ THIS THREAD YET, JUST POSTING. My brother got me into this show (whic I avoided as I tend to avoid 95% of all sci fi created) and I'm getting close towards the end of the second season.

I'm unsure of spoilers and as I'm not caught up yet I don't want to get spoiled on anything...like perhaps the identity of more scilons (that's right, I spell it that way, looks more artificial than cyclon...which reminds me of a washing mashine).

I do want to say that my favourite character is Gaiyus (or however it's spelt) is the best character on the show thus far.

Old Man Splitfoot
04-25-2008, 11:26 PM
I was wondering when and if a thread for BSG would show up; if you hadn't started this thread, I might have done so. I love this show. The week before the new season started, Sci Fi had some marathon going, and that's when I caught my first episodes, and I knew I had to go back to the begining and get caught up. Within two weeks, I watched the pilot mini series, all three seasons, Razor, and the Resistance webisodes, and frak do I ever love this show. I've never seen more than a couple seconds of the original, but now I don't think I could enjoy it at all. Starbuck as a guy? Pass.

None of my roommates watched it with me like they did Lost, since I was watching it online and none of them wanted to sit in front of the monitor for hours on end. So it's like my own private obsession. On one hand, I can't wait to see how things end, but on the other, I don't want it to end. But better to give it a definitive ending than let it just fade into cancellation and obscurity. As soon as my kicker check comes in, I'm picking up the first two seasons on DVD, for sure.

Scoogs
04-27-2008, 06:38 PM
Shop around for the Season 2 DVDs. There was a long break between the first and second half of the season, so they released them individually. Season 2.0 and Season 2.5, but they each cost about as much as a full season.

Old Man Splitfoot
04-28-2008, 04:25 PM
I had noticed that, actually. At first I thought Season 2.5 was just like an extended edition. That's pretty weak they didn't at least drop the price for the two volume deal, but I'm still willing to shell out the cash, 'cause season two had most of my favorite episodes.

Scoogs
04-28-2008, 05:54 PM
I think Amazon sells them as a 2-pack for a little bit less. Or at least they did a few months ago when I picked them up.

Old Man Splitfoot
04-29-2008, 01:22 AM
I've done some pricing around town, and Amazon is the fairest price I've seen so far. Only problem with that is, I'm impatient. I like immediate gratification. I'm almost willing to shell out the full price for both halves of season two because of this character flaw. But I figure if I can find the first season for a decent price somewhere in town, that should hold me over till Amazon can ship season two.