PDA

View Full Version : Breaking Bad - Better Call Saul - El Camino *spoilers*

Pages : [1] 2 3

Arthur Heath
04-18-2008, 11:48 AM
Holy S#!T this is an insane show. After downloading this first season and watching the pilot I was hooked within the first 2 minuets.
Bryan Cranston (Malcolm In The Middle dad) plays a chemistry teacher who has developed lung cancer and has had to take up a second job at a car wash for extra income to support his (pregnant) wife and teenage, crippled, child.
To make a long story short he hooks up with an old student who is a known meth cook. They team up, using the students first hand knowledge of cooking and Cranstons knowledge of chemisty and resources stolen from the school to create super pure meth which is cooked in a mobile home in the desert.
It doesnt take long for all hell to break loose and a domino affect takes place rippling through all aspects of his life.
Its an intense show on AMC (American Movie Channel) of all channels. Check it out....

Hannah
04-18-2008, 04:20 PM
I love this show! Aaron got me hooked on it after one episode. My only complaint is that it seems like they're never playing a new episode on AMC. I also watch the show after Breaking Bad, Mad Men.

Arthur Heath
04-21-2008, 05:05 PM
Mad Men, havent heard of it being I downloaded Breaking Bad...Whats the gist?

Still Servant
04-22-2008, 03:39 PM
Well, at least I'm not alone. I preached about the awesomeness of this show a few months back and got mostly blank stares. It's good to see some people watching it.

Hannah, the first season of breaking bad is over. They are just airing the reruns.

The scene that hooked me on this show and made me realize that they are for real and they're not going to pull any punches is the scene in the basement with the drug dealer. If you've seen the episode, you know what I'm talking about.

I've been looking for a pic with Cranston wearing that black hat and sunglasses for my avatar but I can't find one.

Hannah
04-26-2008, 12:27 PM
So Mad Men is about advertising execs in the early 60s. It's pretty decent.

I came into this show around episode 2, and the part where he dissolves the dude in the bathtub is what got me hooked. :lol: Then the part where he goes to Tuco's to get his money back and gets all crazy ... that scene was awesome.

So do we know when Breaking Bad is coming back on?

http://mt.blogs.amctv.com/breaking_bad_photos/Ep7_01%20BB%28Episode106%29Stills219.jpg

Arthur Heath
04-26-2008, 12:35 PM
I cant wait for the DEA brother in law to learn that its Cranston cooking the cooking and supplying the town with the drugs.

Hannah
04-26-2008, 02:28 PM
oohhh he'll be in so much shit. :lol:

tippy4
05-17-2008, 02:04 PM
Damn this show is good.

I could not get into Mad Men...but Breaking Bad is one of the best shows I have seen.

I could really see this show lasting three or four seasons. Great characters.

Arthur Heath
05-19-2008, 09:16 AM
When are we supposed to get new episodes?

Still Servant
04-15-2009, 04:53 PM
Do we have any new people watching this great show?

You know once this show is over, you're all going to go running out to buy the dvds.

I say just start watching it now and save yourself some cash. It might just be the best show on TV.

tippy4
04-18-2009, 05:51 PM
Agreed.

Although I am not sure that the second season is turning out as good as the first season did.

mae
07-20-2011, 07:59 PM
I searched and I'm surprised there's no thread on this series. The new season just started and the reason I'm posting (aside from the fact that it's one of the best series ever) is that they showed a quick shot of Stephen King's Everything's Eventual paperback (alas) during the episode. Thought that was cool.

Ben Staad
07-21-2011, 04:14 AM
I saw this as well (although I didn't remember which book) and thought that it may have been a "tip of the hat" to Mr. King. Does anyone have any thoughts on the season premiere? Myself I enjoyed it but didn't feel it was a good premiere for new viewers. To me it had the intensity that this show is known for but it just didn't have any "BIG" moments. The big moment was kind off somber and moved to slow for me. To me this episode was like a emotional shrug and sigh before someone going back to work (does this make sense to anyone?).

deadohsky
07-21-2011, 03:50 PM
I liked the nod to King as well. One of the best current shows on along with Dexter IMO. It was a fantastic episode. I definitely see what you mean Ben, but personally, i don't mind. To me, this is the type of show that really needs to be seen from the start. As evidenced by this episode, you would have missed a huge amount by starting here.

Merlin1958
07-21-2011, 04:05 PM
I recently caught up on the previous season's just prior to the Premiere. Seems to me that the intesity builds in this show throughout each season. So I'm going with the flow for now and am not totally disappointed so far. These guys are ingenious TV storytellers!!!

Seymour_Glass
07-24-2011, 08:55 PM
I'm nine episodes into season two, and holy shit.

Still Servant
07-25-2011, 03:51 PM
I could have sworn there was a Breaking Bad thread around here somewhere. I remember discussing the show with a few people here in some thread. I love Breaking Bad. It's easily my favorite show on TV right now.

The first episode of this season was amazing. I can't wait to see what's in store.

Seymour_Glass
07-25-2011, 06:47 PM
I'm trying like hell to catch up.

Ben Staad
10-08-2011, 06:25 PM
Anyone beside me excited about the season finale tommorow? I wasn't really digging this season until the last three episodes and now I'm loving BB all over again.

Bev Vincent
10-09-2011, 06:07 AM
Yes! Tonight's the night. My favorite character is Saul -- I get a big kick out of him whenever he shows up.

Ben Staad
10-09-2011, 07:45 AM
Yes! Tonight's the night. My favorite character is Saul -- I get a big kick out of him whenever he shows up.

Saul is excellent. He is everything I think of when I imagine a lawyer :)

Merlin1958
10-09-2011, 04:58 PM
Yeah, I'm hyped to see the finale tonight!!!

Great show, but it's gotta be starting to come to an end. They are just getting a little too close to the vest with some of the story lines. Walter looks to be almost done either by Gus or finally Hank.

Ben Staad
10-09-2011, 05:07 PM
Well I for one can't wait. I think Skyler may be the ace in the hole in some way or another.

Ben Staad
10-10-2011, 06:34 PM

Great show, but it's gotta be starting to come to an end. They are just getting a little too close to the vest with some of the story lines. Walter looks to be almost done either by Gus or finally Hank.

Did ya watch it!!!??? I recorded it last night and just watched it tonight. All I can say is WOW!

Merlin1958
10-10-2011, 09:44 PM

Did ya watch it!!!??? I recorded it last night and just watched it tonight. All I can say is WOW!

Yeah, I did not see that coming!!! At least I was surprised they went there Killing off Gus. Now I'm dying to see where this is going next season. I'm sure there will be Cartel related repercussions. Somebody is always poised to take the boss' place!!!

Ben Staad
10-11-2011, 03:00 AM

Yeah, I did not see that coming!!! At least I was surprised they went there Killing off Gus. Now I'm dying to see where this is going next season. I'm sure there will be Cartel related repercussions. Somebody is always poised to take the boss' place!!!

Well I certainly figured someone was going to bite the bullet I just didn't know who. I was thinking the same as you about next season except I'm pretty sure we are finally going to find out alot more about the past of Gus and who his daddy his!

Ummmm...I'm not sure how I put my reply into your quote but I did.

Rjeso
12-28-2011, 12:55 PM
I only just started the second season of BB, but oh my God, this show is mindblowing. I love it so, so much.

ur2ndbiggestfan
12-28-2011, 04:29 PM
I've seen the first 3 seasons and I think it's one of the best shows on TeeVeeIsion. But I never watch broadcast TV so I have to wait to rent the DVDs. I'm looking forward to season 4.

DoctorDodge
02-20-2012, 03:13 AM
I just might start watching this very, very soon. I've heard a lot of good things about it from feev, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I'll enjoy it.

Heather19
02-20-2012, 07:00 AM
I just might start watching this very, very soon. I've heard a lot of good things about it from feev, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I'll enjoy it.

I hope you enjoy it! I finished season 1 and am a couple episodes into season 2. I still haven't found that great moment yet. I feel like I'm missing something. But I plan to continue on. And as an added bonus Feev is going to watch Dead Like Me in return. That should make you happy DD :D

DoctorDodge
02-20-2012, 07:03 AM
I just hope this would encourage him to finally finish series 5 of Who. (I know it's on Netflix instant now, feev, so you have no excuse! :P)

Hannah
02-20-2012, 08:52 AM

I hope you enjoy it! I finished season 1 and am a couple episodes into season 2. I still haven't found that great moment yet. I feel like I'm missing something. But I plan to continue on. And as an added bonus Feev is going to watch Dead Like Me in return. That should make you happy DD :D

We just finished season 2, Heather. I think there are some great moments in season 2. One episode, in particular, made me cry a little. Now, that happens pretty easily for me (damn these female hormones!) but it was a pretty powerful episode. I think season 2 was when I finally got sucked in to it.

Heather19
02-20-2012, 08:53 AM
Excellent!

DoctorDodge
03-20-2012, 05:16 AM
Watched the first 2 episodes of Breaking Bad last night. Really grim stuff, but surprisingly funny at times. It's interesting to see that it isn't, as I thought it was going to be, a show about the day to day problems of running a meth lab, but more how one mistake made in the first episode just leads to another and another and another as the show goes on. It really is great viewing, to see an ordinary man's life just get progressively worse and worse. Will try and watch more when I can.

Oh, and also, nice to see a character in tv who has special needs but isn't flat out retarded or has psychic powers or a hidden wisdom because they "see things differently" bullshit. Seriously, whenever I see a character who's clearly a special needs character, the above stereotypes are all I ever see in tv and hollywood. It's nice to see something a little bit more closer to reality in seeing a teenage character who's as smart and stupid as everyone else around him, he's just got extra problems to deal with in his life that most people are lucky enough to deal with.

Darkthoughts
03-21-2012, 12:32 AM
Do netflix do a free trial? I really want to watch this but can't find any "watch online" links that work.

DoctorDodge
03-21-2012, 12:51 AM
Yep, a one month free trial. That's how I started watching it.

Darkthoughts
03-21-2012, 01:22 AM
Cool, I didn't want to properly sign up as I already pay for lovefilm - but that's perfect.

DoctorDodge
03-21-2012, 02:06 AM
Cool, I didn't want to properly sign up as I already pay for lovefilm - but that's perfect.

Me too, unfortunatly I didn't watch too much of it before my trial was up, but what I did see I really liked. The first series is only 7 eps long, too. I'll probably look out for the dvd.

Of course, you know what show has top priority over this one, don't ya? ;)

Darkthoughts
03-21-2012, 09:31 AM
Yeth marthter! :D

DoctorDodge
03-21-2012, 09:36 AM
http://i44.tinypic.com/4lodow.jpg

Awesome, Lisa!

fernandito
08-06-2012, 03:09 PM
*BUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUMP*

Anyone else still watching this!?

DoctorDodge
08-06-2012, 03:15 PM
Still need to watch season 2, feev. I'll let you know the instant I get round to watching it, though.

Ben Staad
08-06-2012, 03:40 PM
*BUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUMP*

Anyone else still watching this!?

Yes! Still love it and curious where this season is going. Fixing to crank up episode four (?) from the DVR tonight.

Bev Vincent
08-06-2012, 03:44 PM
The scene between Walt and Skyler was amazing. It's all downhill from here, methinks.

Merlin1958
08-06-2012, 07:46 PM
She's gonna try and kill Walt. Don't ya think?

At this jumcture, I sure wouldn't close my eyes when she's home!!!! LOL

Bev Vincent
08-07-2012, 02:09 AM
I think anything's possible in this final season. I just wish they weren't splitting it into two pieces of eight, making us wait until 2013 for it all to wrap up.

fernandito
08-07-2012, 12:36 PM
I have a feeling that Walter is going to cause - either directly or indirectly - Skyler's death.

skyofcrack
08-07-2012, 01:17 PM

We know from the first episode of the season that he's on the road by himself a year later from the birthday we just saw (51st) on his birthday (52nd) at Denny's with his cancer back and looking for someone with a big gun. Unless Skyler follows him, I think he'll be safe from her.

Ben Staad
08-07-2012, 03:19 PM
Great episode this Sunday. Me and my wife do not see eye to eye on the whole Walter and Skyler issue...fun discussion ensued.

Merlin1958
08-08-2012, 07:13 AM

We know from the first episode of the season that he's on the road by himself a year later from the birthday we just saw (51st) on his birthday (52nd) at Denny's with his cancer back and looking for someone with a big gun. Unless Skyler follows him, I think he'll be safe from her.

Oh I know. I said she will try to kill him or manuever some one else into position to do it.

Hannah
08-08-2012, 12:08 PM
I think anything's possible in this final season. I just wish they weren't splitting it into two pieces of eight, making us wait until 2013 for it all to wrap up.

What? Nooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

Aside from that depressing news. I actually, for the first time watching this show, felt a little bad for Skylar in the last episode. I knew her crazy was an act, and I can't blame her for wanting to get her kids out of there before something happens.

fernandito
08-08-2012, 12:47 PM
I think her character gets a lot of unjustified hate. Her reactions are perfectly reasonable when taking into consideration the kind of shit Walt has put the family through.

I mean, they sent a pair of fucking hitmen to their house. What if Jr. and Holly were home? Or if Gus had made good on his promise to destroy his family?

Hannah
08-09-2012, 11:06 AM
She actually is totally justified in most of the things she does, but because Walt is the protagonist of the story we see everything through his eyes. And this means that since she's always trying to fuck up his game we all end up hating her. I can't tell you how many times I said "poor Walt." in season 1 when Skylar was being all annoying and controlling. Plus, why did the poor guy have to work two jobs while she hung out at home?

Brice
08-11-2012, 07:25 AM
I keep finding myself reading Amanda's quote in Feev's sig as a response to the first part of his sig now. :lol:

fernandito
08-13-2012, 07:44 AM
:lol: ^

OT : wow. wow wow wow wow wow. I think we can never have a light hearted moment in BB again after last night's episode. I think this is going to be the fulcrum by which the rest of the season hangs on. My question is, who will take this harder : Jesse, or Walt? Neither? Both?

skyofcrack
08-13-2012, 07:58 AM
E.P.I.C. They might as well start writing their acceptance speeches now. Not just for this season. Best TV Show EVER.

Bev Vincent
08-13-2012, 08:14 AM
Definitely Jesse. He already has direct experience with that sort of thing before. I think Walt has lost his soul completely. But the dude was following their orders. No one else can ever know about this, they told him. Ever.

fernandito
08-13-2012, 08:30 AM
Definitely Jesse. He already has direct experience with that sort of thing before.

True. I just wish they would show Walter suffering the psychological repurcussions for a change. Maybe since the innocent bystander in this case was a child, it will make think about what Skyler said, that their children are never really safe.

Bev Vincent
08-13-2012, 09:19 AM
Jesse is turning into the good guy, in a lot of ways. The conscience. He wouldn't let Mike kill Lydia. He's been coming up with the big ideas (magnet, train robbery). He's becoming Walt -- before Walt became Heisenberg.

Hannah
08-13-2012, 09:55 AM
last night's episode almost made me cry.

i think jesse will take it harder. i totally never thought of it that way, Bev, but I think you're right. Jesse is the conscience.

Merlin1958
08-13-2012, 11:04 AM
last night's episode almost made me cry.

i think jesse will take it harder. i totally never thought of it that way, Bev, but I think you're right. Jesse is the conscience.

Yeah and it's looks as if Walt wants to be the new "Gus".

Ben Staad
08-15-2012, 05:14 PM
Wow! It took all my willpower not to peek in this thread until I watched Sundays episode on the DVR. Fantastic show had me tense the whole 40 minutes or so. Ending was crazy, sad, and poignant. The acting (and writing) is so damn good and I could just feel Skylers sadness through the screen.

skyofcrack
08-15-2012, 05:36 PM
I have to post this in case I turn out to be right. :D What if Jesse has flipped and the watch he gave Walt was actually given to him by Hank with a recording/tracking device in it?

Merlin1958
08-15-2012, 09:18 PM
I have to post this in case I turn out to be right. :D What if Jesse has flipped and the watch he gave Walt was actually given to him by Hank with a recording/tracking device in it?

Very good theory!!! Could be "spot on" or at least something very close to the truth!!! That' what will get Walt in the end. The Truth, IMHO

fernandito
08-16-2012, 07:11 AM
Funny you mention that, I always thought there was something a little funny about Jesse giving Walt that watch ... wouldn't be surprised if there ends up being something more to that.

Ben Staad
08-16-2012, 07:14 AM
That is an awesome thought about the watch. They made a point of Walt showing of the watch before he bugged Hanks office. Also, Jesse was the one with the computer that they were listening to Hank via the bug. Maybe they are setting up the ground work that Jesse is a mastermind.

Merlin1958
08-16-2012, 10:07 AM
That is an awesome thought about the watch. They made a point of Walt showing of the watch before he bugged Hanks office. Also, Jesse was the one with the computer that they were listening to Hank via the bug. Maybe they are setting up the ground work that Jesse is a mastermind.

The way they are going so far, with Walt getting drunk on power and Jesse having the conscience that could very well be the case!!

Ricky
08-19-2012, 04:08 PM
I want to look through this so bad. Started Season 3 today. Oh my God. :panic:

fernandito
08-20-2012, 08:07 AM
Jeez, how good was last night's ep? Holy hell.

It's obvious that Walter invited Jesse over and gave him the Grey Matter sob story and let him see how much of a wreck his family is because he knows Jesse is a very emotional being, he's manipulated him into giving Walter a chance to come up with an alternate plan.

Also, I'm fairly certain that Mike is going to bite the dust sometime in the next 2 eps. His story arc is reminiscent of Robert De Niro's character in 'Heat' where he lets his emotions override his senses and 'that one last job' was his undoing.

Walter frying the both the restraint and his wrist with the electrical chord was amazing. Now we know that he's not above physically hurting himself to get what he wants.

Gat damn I can't wait to see what the show has in store next week.

Bev Vincent
08-20-2012, 08:58 AM
It's absolutely impossible to feel any sympathy for Walt any more. He's turned into a monster. Jeez, he'll even burn himself for his nefarious schemes. I have to say, when they were cutting up the motorcycle, all I could think of was them subsequently dismembering the body. I sure hope Mike doesn't get done in -- he's my favorite character, with Saul a close second. I wonder if the tarantula bottle is going to figure into things -- Todd shouldn't have kept an incriminating souvenir.

fernandito
08-20-2012, 09:35 AM
(Bev - you don't have to mark your spoilers in here. I went ahead and removed the tag from your post.)

It's absolutely impossible to feel any sympathy for Walt any more. He's turned into a monster. Jeez, he'll even burn himself for his nefarious schemes. I have to say, when they were cutting up the motorcycle, all I could think of was them subsequently dismembering the body.

Yeap, Walter is a beast in human clothes at this point. Did you see Jesse's face when he heard Walt whistling to himself? That face said it all.

I sure hope Mike doesn't get done in -- he's my favorite character, with Saul a close second. I wonder if the tarantula bottle is going to figure into things -- Todd shouldn't have kept an incriminating souvenir.

Well, no one saw him (as far as we know) pick up that tarantula so I don't think it can be traced back .. I felt like that scene was to show Todd's , er I don't know, obsession? Fascination? Immaturity? I could be wrong though.

Bev Vincent
08-20-2012, 09:40 AM
Glass holds fingerprints. It reminds me of the watch Coover took from Loretta's father's body in Justified. Taking souvenirs is never a good idea!

Yeah, Walt had just said he hadn't been sleeping, but the whistling sure made that sound like a fairy tale. I like how assertive Jesse has become this season. He may still call him "Mr. White," but he's become his own man. I think Mike had a lot to do with that.

I also doubt the theory someone espoused recently that Jesse is working undercover and that the watch he gave Walt is bugged. If that were the case, Hank would know that Walt's involved and thus far he's clueless. Something would have come up on the bug in Hank's office.

Supper at the White household -- most awkward meal ever!

fernandito
08-20-2012, 10:00 AM
Agreed on Jesse - you can see it in his eyes and in his demeanor, he's no longer that fragile (well not as fragile anyway) ragdoll he was in the earlier seasons. He still lets his soft spot for Mr. White get in the way sometimes, but he's definitely much more assertive this season. I doubt the Jesse of earlier seasons would have had the guts to side with Mike in the buyout decision.

That dinner scene was amazing in it's awkwardness. The tension was so thick you could cut it with a knife.

Bev Vincent
08-20-2012, 10:59 AM
I could barely stand to watch it, which is true of most interactions between Walt and Skyler this season.

skyofcrack
08-20-2012, 12:19 PM
I also doubt the theory someone espoused recently that Jesse is working undercover and that the watch he gave Walt is bugged. If that were the case, Hank would know that Walt's involved and thus far he's clueless. Something would have come up on the bug in Hank's office.

If this pans out to be true, I'm guessing that Vince would save the reveal for the end of this story arc. Maybe the last scene in Ep8 will show Hank giving Jesse the watch. Who knows.

It looks like they buried the kid but dissolved the bike in acid. That seems odd. I'm sure the police will find the body and the fingerprints on the jar.

fernandito
08-20-2012, 12:20 PM
What makes you think they buried the kid? The implication was that they were going to dissolve him with acid as well. The dismantling the bike segment was a hint of what they might possibly have to do to the kid as well ...

Hannah
08-20-2012, 01:52 PM
I was a little bit confused about what he was doing in a pile of dirt in the first place ... that was odd. It seemed to be inefficient.

I loved last night's episode. Walt has completely lost viewer sympathy at this point. I was scared for Jesse that Walt was going to do something to him when Jesse said he wanted out too. And poor Jesse, getting manipulated again by Walt at dinner. Walt is only nice or fatherly towards Jesse when he is trying to manipulate him, and Jesse should have caught on to that by now. But the look Jesse gave when Skylar was like, "Oh did he tell you about my affair?" Priceless.

I thought right away that Todd saving the tarantula in the jar was bad. Like Bev said, you never keep souvenirs. It never ends well.

I'm very disappointed that Mike didn't restrain Walter better, or just knock him out or something. He should know that Walter is more resourceful than that.

Bev Vincent
08-20-2012, 01:58 PM
I was a bit confused about the body in the dirt, too. Maybe they buried him in dirt for transport so if they got pulled over a dead body in the back wouldn't be so conspicuous. I'm pretty sure Walt was preparing a hydrofluoric acid barrel for the kid, too, at the end.

fernandito
08-20-2012, 02:22 PM
Correct, they hid his body and the bike in the dirt in case they got pulled over by the cops.

They couldn't very well just put it in the passenger seat now could they? :lol:

Ben Staad
08-20-2012, 05:55 PM
I could barely stand to watch it, which is true of most interactions between Walt and Skyler this season.

Agreed. Very hard to watch. The last few episodes have managed to twist my stomach in knots and that is a hard thing to do.

Merlin1958
08-20-2012, 08:03 PM
Not for nothing, Bev but for a writer you seem to spend way too much time watching TV!!!! Go write some shit!!! You're good, no? LOL LOL LOL

Just kidding around!!

Bev Vincent
08-21-2012, 03:13 AM
Where do you think I get some of my best ideas from?!

Hannah
08-21-2012, 08:48 AM
Correct, they hid his body and the bike in the dirt in case they got pulled over by the cops.

They couldn't very well just put it in the passenger seat now could they? :lol:

This is something I probably would have noticed had I not been playing zombie tsunami on my phone for the first few minutes of the show. :unsure:

Still Servant
08-21-2012, 05:58 PM
Yeah, they dissolved the kid in acid. It was a call back to one of the most famous scenes on Breaking Bad, when they dissolve the guy in the bath tub and it falls through the floor.

Walt whistling shortly after seeing the news report about the kid is just chilling. I've always been in Walt's corner, but it's getting harder and harder. It's also pretty lonely there because I think I'm one of his last supporters.

fernandito
08-22-2012, 08:20 AM
One of the shows greatest strengths is seeing our once protagonist slowly crawl toward the other end of the spectrum to become the villian. It's quite amazing.

If you watch an episode of the first season and watch an episode now Walt is almost a completely different person.

Merlin1958
08-22-2012, 05:30 PM
One of the shows greatest strengths is seeing our once protagonist slowly crawl toward the other end of the spectrum to become the villian. It's quite amazing.

If you watch an episode of the first season and watch an episode now Walt is almost a completely different person.

Couldn't agree more!!

fernandito
08-27-2012, 10:08 AM
I KNEW IT! I knew Mike was going to die. I had no idea it would be by Walter's hand though.

At this point, Walt is in complete villain mode. If there was any vintage of sympathy from me, it's gone after yesterday. It was great that after he shot Mike, he completely reverted back to Walter White mode ... helpless, lost, in over his head ... he's truly lost all sense of direction now.

Bev Vincent
08-27-2012, 10:55 AM
Dammit that makes me mad. I really liked Mike. And for Walt to kill him and then say "Oops, I could have gotten that info from Lydia," well that just burns my chaps. Poor guy -- had to abandon his granddaughter in the park. "Just let me die in peace."

fernandito
08-27-2012, 11:43 AM
Not only that, she will never get to see the money that her grandfather worked so hard (killed for) to get, although I suppose that's not too bad considering it's all blood money ...

Bev Vincent
08-27-2012, 11:50 AM
I was wondering if there might be a chance that one box might be off the radar since the lawyer wasn't adding any new money to it when he was caught. It was already full to the brim.

TCCBodhi
08-27-2012, 11:58 AM
I think that particular box is safe (for the moment anyway). Walt is gone. Even HE is going by Heisenberg now, even if we did get a glimpse of Walter at the end. I lost all hope of redemption for Walter at the end of last season with the closeup of the patio. I think at this point, it is just whether Jesse (and Skylar) can avoid getting sucked down., or if Jesse's going to be able to "Break Good". Remains to be seen, but I have a feeling that's where we're headed with birthday #52.

Ben Staad
08-27-2012, 05:12 PM
Wow...Very sad to see Mike out of the picture. Walt is just reacting now with no planning and no long term goals. He is trying to hold on so hard to the only thing left in his life. Very sad to see someone so likeable degenerate into such a unfeeling, uncaring, individual.

Merlin1958
08-28-2012, 06:04 PM
Wow...Very sad to see Mike out of the picture. Walt is just reacting now with no planning and no long term goals. He is trying to hold on so hard to the only thing left in his life. Very sad to see someone so likeable degenerate into such a unfeeling, uncaring, individual.

Can't help thinking, much along the lines of Gus' transition in a way. Personality wise that is.

fernandito
08-29-2012, 08:06 AM
I can't help but feel that the fact that Walter 1) openly admitted to being Heisenberg to such dangerous people, and 2) admitted to being directly responsible for Fring's death is a very ominous sign for both himself and Jesse.

TCCBodhi
09-03-2012, 01:27 PM
What a bloodthirsty episode. The visit between Walt and Jesse had me on the edge of my seat. How far has this moved that Jesse knew it had to be Walt, and that he had to make a trip to the other room first. Does anyone think that the ricin is going to eventually find a use, accidental or not? Is the cancer back? Can we wait nearly a year for the rest? :(

Ben Staad
09-03-2012, 02:44 PM
Great episode and awesome ending. Hanks mind will be grinding through W.W. now. He is like a bulldog.

Ben Staad
09-03-2012, 02:46 PM
I can't wait to see where this is heading however I wish they would have spent more time with Walt and Skyler. I'm curious where their relationship is as of the last scene of yesterdays finale.

Merlin1958
09-03-2012, 05:32 PM
Looks like the end will be with Walt in cuff's. Then again, who knows, right?

Great show!!!!

Bev Vincent
09-04-2012, 02:04 AM
Finally, Hank wakes up! Now he'll know what his boss experienced by missing the fact that Gus was dirty. Those were the nastiest prison stabbings I've ever seen--especially the first one. Ow.

What's Jesse going to do with all that money? Was a time Walt wouldn't give him his due because he was sure (and he had good reason) that Jesse would kill himself with drugs. Of all the characters, I have the hardest time figuring out how Jesse is going to play into the final 8. Poor old Marie has turned from being the kooky kleptomaniac into the voice of reason. Loved the scene in the storage locker!

Why are they making us wait?!

Ben Staad
09-04-2012, 03:44 AM
I'm wondering if/how much remorse and responsibility Hank may feel over the prisoners death. Very cold blooded, graphic, and violent way to die for all of them.

Bev Vincent
09-04-2012, 06:01 AM
I'm not sure Hank feels any remorse -- I think he feels frustrated that their only lead to Mike is gone.

Merlin1958
09-04-2012, 11:42 AM
I am chagrined, but what was the book and W.W. reference? Somehow I missed it, I mean I realize that Hank is now "on to" something, but I failed to connect the dots. My bad!!! Help???

Ben Staad
09-04-2012, 11:51 AM
I am chagrined, but what was the book and W.W. reference? Somehow I missed it, I mean I realize that Hank is now "on to" something, but I failed to connect the dots. My bad!!! Help???

I'm not sure what the book was (poetry maybe?) but I think it was given to Walter from the murdered chemist/meth cook. The same initials were writing in the journal that this same meth cook was keeping and subsequently Hank had as crime scene evidence. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Merlin1958
09-04-2012, 11:53 AM

I'm not sure what the book was (poetry maybe?) but I think it was given to Walter from the murdered chemist/meth cook. The same initials were writing in the journal that this same meth cook was keeping and subsequently Hank had as crime scene evidence. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Ahhhh, Yes it was "Gale's" book, right? Thanks, Tim!!!!

fernandito
09-04-2012, 12:02 PM
What a great (midway) finale!

I have to admit that I'm about irritated at the way the writers decided to write Hank's discovery. Walter had been very meticulous up til that point in dealing with loose ends, are you telling me he'd leave something so obviously incriminating just lying around? I understand that some plot device was needed to move the show forward in it's intended direction, but that felt a bit sloppy to me.

I too am having a difficult time deciphering how Jesse will factor into the final 8.

Did anyone else think that something was going to happen to poor little Molly during that final segment? It seemed like something bad was going to happen to her based on the emphasis placed on her during the cook out scene. Thankfully nothing came of it.

Merlin1958
09-04-2012, 12:04 PM
Personally, I think Jesse will end up walking away from it all. IMHO

Bev Vincent
09-04-2012, 12:06 PM
The book was Leaves of Grass by Walt Whitman - To WW from GB (Gale Betticker)

Merlin1958
09-04-2012, 12:07 PM
The book was Leaves of Grass by Walt Whitman - To WW from GB (Gale Betticker)

Thanks, Bev!!! You are "Da Man"!!!!

fernandito
09-04-2012, 12:14 PM
Also - I fucking loved Hank's flashback of Walter saying "you got me" as the realization dawns on him. That was awesome.

Merlin1958
09-04-2012, 12:15 PM
Also - I fucking loved Hank's flashback of Walter saying "you got me" as the realization dawns on him. That was awesome.

Yes it was!!!

TCCBodhi
09-05-2012, 03:11 PM

I have to admit that I'm about irritated at the way the writers decided to write Hank's discovery. Walter had been very meticulous up til that point in dealing with loose ends, are you telling me he'd leave something so obviously incriminating just lying around? I understand that some plot device was needed to move the show forward in it's intended direction, but that felt a bit sloppy to me.

Well, Walt has been getting sloppier all season. They are no longer the meticulous controlled cooks. The train robbery had an awful lot of dirt fall into the tank, the water was diluting it at the same time, which the earlier Walt NEVER would have allowed. That he is getting sloppier in other aspects of evidence doesn't really surprise me too much.

Great episode though.

Hannah
09-07-2012, 01:10 PM
Those were the nastiest prison stabbings I've ever seen--especially the first one. Ow.

How many prison stabbings have you seen, Bev? :P

I haven't commented for a couple of week so I just have to say: Mike. :cry:

Merlin1958
09-07-2012, 01:13 PM
And here I thought Mike would make it!!! R.I.P. Mike!!!

EXPLORER
09-07-2012, 03:09 PM

Did anyone else think that something was going to happen to poor little Molly during that final segment? It seemed like something bad was going to happen to her based on the emphasis placed on her during the cook out scene. Thankfully nothing came of it.

YES>>> I was just waiting for some mishap with her too. This show draws your attention to the point you are always on the edge assuming something could happen.... by writers design.

Brice
09-08-2012, 09:54 AM
Those were the nastiest prison stabbings I've ever seen--especially the first one. Ow.

How many prison stabbings have you seen, Bev? :P

Clearly you don't know of Bev's secret double life.

Bev Vincent
09-08-2012, 12:28 PM
How many prison stabbings have you seen, Bev?

Brice
09-08-2012, 12:56 PM
*Bev grabs his shank*

mae
09-08-2012, 02:39 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=djaLf6bgFuU

Ben Staad
09-08-2012, 06:12 PM
That is an excellent compilation. I've watched this show from the beginning and this video really made me realize, truly see, the transformation of Walters character. Good stuff.

tippy4
09-24-2012, 08:31 PM
So I was watching The Walking Dead Season 2 on DVD this weekend, and there is a scene in an episode where Daryls offer T-Dog some antibiotics from Meryl's stash. Inside of this big Ziploc bag are several prescription bottles along with at least a pound of Walt's blue meth, so it got me thinking that Breaking Bad and The Walking Dead take place in he same universe, but at different times.

In Breaking Bad, the years is approximately 2008, but since we know Walt makes it to his 52nd birthday, it may go to 2009.

In The Walking Dead, the year is approximately 2010.

So, all of that being said, I think Breaking Bad should end with the start of The Zombie Apocalypse.

Tatts4Life
09-26-2012, 04:40 AM
A little before season 5 started the wife and I finally got started with watching the show. We got lucky that we could record all of season 5 so we wouldn't miss any episode. This show is fucking awesome. I hate that we now have to wait until next summer for the rest of the show.

Merlin1958
09-26-2012, 09:40 PM
A little before season 5 started the wife and I finally got started with watching the show. We got lucky that we could record all of season 5 so we wouldn't miss any episode. This show is fucking awesome. I hate that we now have to wait until next summer for the rest of the show.

Tell me about it!!!!! Welcome to the fold!!!!

Tatts4Life
09-27-2012, 12:41 PM
My newest addiction is Doctor Who. Starting from the 2005 season and have the newest season recording on the DVR.

But back to breaking bad, I would love to have a third of that pile of money Skylar should Walt. I bet that is close to a billion dollars if not more.

Brice
10-06-2012, 07:46 PM
Okay, a few days ago I began watching this show. I'm now at the end of season 4 and ready to start up my own international meth operation.

Merlin1958
10-09-2012, 11:49 AM
Okay, a few days ago I began watching this show. I'm now at the end of season 4 and ready to start up my own international meth operation.

Make sure you get Walt's recipe for the "Blue Meth"!!!

:razz:

Ka-mai
10-14-2012, 12:02 PM
So I FINALLY got to see the last episode of season 5.

It was sloppy the way Hank found out, but Walt's been getting sloppy. He went and bought two luxury cars in one day, after buying one and lighting it on fire for the fun of it. He's not acting like a rational human being.

I really hope Jesse survives all of this. I was pissed as hell that Mike the consummate survivor got killed by Walt the doofus.

I don't know if this has been discussed or not, but Walter White - Walt Whitman... more than just the initials. Is that supposed to mean something?

fernandito
10-15-2012, 08:47 AM
Yeah, he has been getting sloppy, but I still think it's a bit clunky the way the writers chose to clue Hank in. It's splitting hairs a bit, but eh ...

And Walt might be a doofus but he's pretty much a wolf in human skin at this point. He's past the point of no return and Mike paid the price for underestimating his ruthlessness.

Merlin1958
10-15-2012, 10:14 AM
Yeah, he has been getting sloppy, but I still think it's a bit clunky the way the writers chose to clue Hank in. It's splitting hairs a bit, but eh ...

And Walt might be a doofus but he's pretty much a wolf in human skin at this point. He's past the point of no return and Mike paid the price for underestimating his ruthlessness.

Off Topic: Seriously dude, that new Avatar is really freaking me out!!!! And that ain't easily done!!!

:excited::excited::excited:

tippy4
10-27-2012, 05:06 PM

I guarantee there will be redemption for Walter.

No doubt he will die in the end (most likely the cancer will return), but in the end, he will redeem himself.

Merlin1958
10-27-2012, 05:09 PM

I guarantee there will be redemption for Walter.

No doubt he will die in the end (most likely the cancer will return), but in the end, he will redeem himself.

Yeah, I can see that. Maybe not the "Cancer", but he ain't long for the world. Jesse will be the new "Kingpin" IMHO!!! However. maybe a "kinder & gentler" Kingpin!!! LOL LOL

tippy4
10-28-2012, 02:03 PM
Nah...Jesse is out of the business.

He may get dragged back in temporarily before the show ends (to help Walter), but he does not have the stomach for it long term.

Merlin1958
10-28-2012, 05:37 PM

He may get dragged back in temporarily before the show ends (to help Walter), but he does not have the stomach for it long term.

You're probably right, but I just thought a character reversal might be in store for him. It would be a cool twist for the show especially considering Walt's reversal.

Bev Vincent
10-29-2012, 02:05 AM

I agree. If there is going to be redemption for any character on this show, it will be for Jesse, assuming he makes it out alive. He's been through hell, but he has come out the other side a better man, with a far better moral compass than the one he started with.

I can't see any way they can honestly give Walt redemption after what he's become. After what he's made others become. Disappearing is probably the best he can do at the end, but I suspect death is the end for him.

fernandito
10-29-2012, 07:33 AM
Yeah, I suspect redemption is in the cards for Jesse too. At this point he is so far and beyond removed from Walter's line of thinking, that I'd be surprised if Jesse doesn't actively play a role in Walter's downfall by the end of the show.

Merlin1958
10-29-2012, 09:03 AM
Yeah, I suspect redemption is in the cards for Jesse too. At this point he is so far and beyond removed from Walter's line of thinking, that I'd be surprised if Jesse doesn't actively play a role in Walter's downfall by the end of the show.

I hear you guys, but it just seems too predictable for a show like this. Don't ya think? Guess I'm hoping the writer's have got one more surprise up their sleeve.

DoctorDodge
05-26-2013, 02:00 PM
FINALLY all caught up. I really liked the ending of the first half of season 5. I especially liked at how it happened when Walter was finally trying to go straight and get his life back on track. I was surprised that the flash-forward at the beginning of season 5 wasn't hinted at more, but that just leaves me more keen to seeing how it ends.

Ka-mai
05-26-2013, 03:09 PM
Awesome.

I'm pretty sure Walt is past redemption, but I have hope for Jesse. I mean, Walt might do something "good" at the end, but I don't think it will in any way change who he's become or make up for what he's done.

DoctorDodge
05-26-2013, 03:55 PM
Jesse is a wonderful parallel to Walter. I absolutely love how both started out as opposites, mostly for comic relief, and are now still opposites but for completely different reasons. Whereas as Walter has gone from a pretty decent, ordinary guy who wants to make sure his family are looked after to a man who's obsessed with having his own empire and being in complete control, no matter what the cost, Jesse has gone from someone who was a bit of a dumb loser to a smart, intelligent guy who wants to escape the dark path that he and Walter made while he still can and get his life sorted out. I definitely agree that Jesse has a lot more chance for redemption than Walt has, that's for sure.

fernandito
08-05-2013, 12:24 PM
Bumping this in anticipation of Sunday night ...

:)

DoctorDodge
08-05-2013, 12:48 PM
I'm just so glad Netflix UK is only making me wait a day to watch the ep! So eager to watch and discuss it with you guys this time! :D

Merlin1958
08-07-2013, 03:56 PM
Sunday is so far off!!! LOL

DoctorDodge
08-07-2013, 04:44 PM
Just be glad it's only Sunday you have to wait until. I have to wait an extra whole day!!! lol

Merlin1958
08-07-2013, 05:07 PM
Just be glad it's only Sunday you have to wait until. I have to wait an extra whole day!!! lol

True. I can feed ya some "spoilers" if you'd like!! LOL

Bev Vincent
08-08-2013, 02:24 AM
Monday night, Myth Busters is going to have Vince Gilligan and Aaron Paul while they test out the acid-in-the-bathtub scene and the mercury fulminate one. Acids and explosions!

mae
08-08-2013, 08:47 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oDqGAUvWKkU

Bev Vincent
08-08-2013, 09:04 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ovlK-WXJ-pQ

DoctorDodge
08-08-2013, 12:14 PM
That Honest Trailer was brilliant! XD Hysterical to watch!

fernandito
08-08-2013, 12:18 PM
JUST A FEW MORE DAYS!!!!! !!111LKJASLKGJA;LKGSJ

Merlin1958
08-08-2013, 02:09 PM
JUST A FEW MORE DAYS!!!!! !!111LKJASLKGJA;LKGSJ

I know right???? Thanks for those refresher's. They were great!!

gsvec
08-08-2013, 05:29 PM
Only 3 more days!!!!! :panic:

Merlin1958
08-11-2013, 04:19 PM
Only 3 more days!!!!! :panic:

Almost there!!! :panic::panic::panic:

DoctorDodge
08-12-2013, 05:25 AM
Watched it this morning. Holy crap, that was brilliant! Loved both the flashforward at the start and the final scene - I was especially surprised at how quickly Hank directly confronted Walter, but considering that there's only 8 episodes left, I suppose the pace needs to be a pretty fast one. "Tread lightly." Damn, I'm glad that Netflix UK are putting the episodes up not even a day after the US broadcast! :D

fernandito
08-12-2013, 07:21 AM
Loved the premiere. I liked all of the foreshadowing and throwbacks to the previous seasons, but the first and last 10 minutes were icing on the cake. I can't wait to see how it all eventually leads to the 'Heisenberg' graffiti on the walls.

I don't think Walt will be facing off against Hank and the FBI as I originally thought. I think it might be against the gangsters that he made a pact with shortly before leaving the industry. Lydia says that the quality of the stuff dropped to 60%, I can't imagine they're too happy about that.

Maybe Hank becomes a victim of that crossfire?

Bev Vincent
08-12-2013, 08:03 AM
Did anyone else find Badger's Star Trek story a little familiar?

fernandito
08-12-2013, 08:05 AM
I'm not too familiar with Star Trek so I kinda lost him after a bit. I started texting til he finished talking lol. What was familiar about it?

Bev Vincent
08-12-2013, 09:56 AM
It's "The Revenge of Lard Ass Hogan" (The Body/Stand by Me) in space!

EXPLORER
08-12-2013, 10:15 AM
Did anyone else find Badger's Star Trek story a little familiar? Yes I noticed that too.... However was actually watching Jesse more to figure what he was thinking/planning.

fernandito
08-12-2013, 10:18 AM
Idk why but for some crazy ass reason I thought Jesse was going to whack Badger and Skinny Pete lol.

DoctorDodge
08-12-2013, 11:28 AM
Idk why but for some crazy ass reason I thought Jesse was going to whack Badger and Skinny Pete lol.

I'm so glad it wasn't just me! :lol:

Merlin1958
08-12-2013, 03:59 PM
Wow!!! Is Walt an ultimate bad-ass now or what? Couldn't believe he threatened Hank, a freaking DEA Big wig, right there in the garage!!!!

His huevo's es mucho grande!!!!

Tatts4Life
08-12-2013, 05:36 PM
Anybody watching Talking Dead? kind of sucks that that it's only a 30 minute show.

Merlin1958
08-12-2013, 05:48 PM
Anybody watching Talking Dead? kind of sucks that that it's only a 30 minute show.

Yeah, but they did have (and will have) Gilligan on it. Julie Bowen is a "Breaking Bad" freak!!! LOL She was very insightful. Of course you are referring to "Talking Bad" correct?

Ka-mai
08-12-2013, 08:01 PM
Did anyone else find Badger's Star Trek story a little familiar?

YES. Thank you.

Pretty much what everyone else has said. I'm surprised they made the confrontation that early on. I loved it. I spent pretty much the entire episode going "poor Hank!"

On another note, showed my dad the pilot tonight. I'll get him hooked soon. :P

fernandito
08-13-2013, 12:31 PM

I think it's because last season, there's an episode where Walt is knocking on Jesse's door and he hesitates to open up, then he disappears from view for a few seconds before finally deciding to let him in. Once Walt is gone, it's revealed that Jesse went to retrieve his gun.

Wow!!! Is Walt an ultimate bad-ass now or what? Couldn't believe he threatened Hank, a freaking DEA Big wig, right there in the garage!!!!

The last ten minutes of that episode where some of the best of the entire season. When he said "tread lightly" I could feel the hairs on my arm stand up.

Chris Hardwick gets on my facking nerves.

Merlin1958
08-13-2013, 03:35 PM

I think it's because last season, there's an episode where Walt is knocking on Jesse's door and he hesitates to open up, then he disappears from view for a few seconds before finally deciding to let him in. Once Walt is gone, it's revealed that Jesse went to retrieve his gun.

The last ten minutes of that episode where some of the best of the entire season. When he said "tread lightly" I could feel the hairs on my arm stand up.

Chris Hardwick gets on my facking nerves.

Personally, I really like the "Say my name" line, but yeah, that was some intense shit!!!

I really liked the way they started the episode with the FF and then went into such intense plot lines. Really got my rethinking my prediction for the show's ending. Brilliant!!

Ka-mai
08-14-2013, 08:14 AM
Just watching him lie to Jesse about Mike.... :panic: Walt's such an asshole. I think I need to rewatch the episode.

Jesse and Hank need to reconcile and form a support group for people who have been fucked by Heisenberg. If, you know, anyone's still alive in 7 episodes.

Bev Vincent
08-14-2013, 10:54 AM
Hmmm...I wonder if Hank will turn Jesse and use him against Walt. That could be interesting.

fernandito
08-14-2013, 02:22 PM
That's a popular theory that's floating around^

Some people even went as far as to say that it's Jesse that's Walt is looking for with that massive assault rifle.

DoctorDodge
08-14-2013, 02:41 PM
I think my favourite theory regards Walt making up the number "52" in the first flash-forward, picking up a habit that Skyler usually does on his birthdays. When does Walter usually pick up other people's habits?

fernandito
08-14-2013, 02:51 PM
Implying that Skyler is dead?

He does seem to have a devil may care attitude in those flash forward, doesn't he? Also, if you pay attention in the diner scene in Season 5.0, he uses Skylar's maiden name as his last name.

DoctorDodge
08-14-2013, 02:54 PM

Or even killed by him. It would be the final, perfect irony if, after getting into the business to "protect his family", he accidentally or deliberately kills at least one of them.

fernandito
08-14-2013, 03:28 PM
You know, I would fucking love if that happened actually.

DoctorDodge
08-14-2013, 04:29 PM
I thought you would. I think we're both fans of twists of extreme dramatic irony, especially in the truly great, tragic epics like MacBeth, The Godfather and Breaking Bad. Here's to hoping that Walter will make a truly horrendous mistake that will destroy what little remains of his soul!

http://img.pandawhale.com/54546-Cheers-Toast-gif-OLQT.gif

Merlin1958
08-15-2013, 08:23 AM
http://www.aintitcool.com/node/63694

Ka-mai
08-15-2013, 08:56 AM

He does seem to have a devil may care attitude in those flash forward, doesn't he? Also, if you pay attention in the diner scene in Season 5.0, he uses Skylar's maiden name as his last name.

I'm just impressed someone knew Skyler's maiden name.

Loving the theories, guys. Keep 'em coming!

Ricky
08-15-2013, 11:48 AM
Just saw this. I haven't looked through the last view pages (started Season 5 last night) so I don't know if it's been posted already:

http://popwatch.ew.com/2013/08/14/breaking-bad-walt-jesse-romance/

:lol:

DoctorDodge
08-15-2013, 12:17 PM
:lol::rofl:

fernandito
08-15-2013, 01:50 PM
I thought you would. I think we're both fans of twists of extreme dramatic irony, especially in the truly great, tragic epics like MacBeth, The Godfather and Breaking Bad. Here's to hoping that Walter will make a truly horrendous mistake that will destroy what little remains of his soul!

Yeah, I like that. The way the show is structured a fall from grace style ending would suit it perfectly. "Pride cometh before the fall". Damn, that would be awesome. I don't think he'd inadvertently kill his children, the show is dark but that would be a different level altogether ... although they did shoot a kid point blank in the face so who knows? Damn, that would be all kinds of fucked up.

How about Walter being the last man standing? It would be the ultimate irony for him to be the last person left alive when the original purpose behind his plunge into the drug world was to take care of his family with the knowledge of his impending doom.

I'm just impressed someone knew Skyler's maiden name.

Loving the theories, guys. Keep 'em coming!

Lol, well I didn't know who the name belonged to right off the bat. When I heard it I knew that there was something more behind it, no way it could have been just a fleeting comment so I looked it up and found out that it was her maiden name.

Just saw this. I haven't looked through the last view pages (started Season 5 last night) so I don't know if it's been posted already:

http://popwatch.ew.com/2013/08/14/breaking-bad-walt-jesse-romance/

:lol:

:rofl:

DoctorDodge
08-15-2013, 03:45 PM

Yeah, I like that. The way the show is structured a fall from grace style ending would suit it perfectly. "Pride cometh before the fall". Damn, that would be awesome. I don't think he'd inadvertently kill his children, the show is dark but that would be a different level altogether ... although they did shoot a kid point blank in the face so who knows? Damn, that would be all kinds of fucked up.

How about Walter being the last man standing? It would be the ultimate irony for him to be the last person left alive when the original purpose behind his plunge into the drug world was to take care of his family with the knowledge of his impending doom.

Fuck yeah, that'd be fucking brilliant! Whatever happens over these next 7 eps (I just had to start watching it on a weekly basis just when it was ending :cry:), I'm sure gonna enjoy it!

Btw, just watched this...this piece of fantastic fucking awesomeness. You know how you see an actor play a character in a show, and they play it so well you become convinced that's how they must be like in real life only to discover they're the complete opposite? As you can see...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_SEL27xiJGQ

...that's definitely not true in Aaron Paul's case! :lol:

fernandito
08-16-2013, 06:47 AM
Also, what do you make of the ricin?

I think we can all agree that the ricin is BB's version of Chekhov's Gun. They just have to use and with the way they've been emphasizing it you know it's going to play an important role.

I'm thinking that at the end of the show he will have two loose ends to tie up. One he'll tie up with the that fucking anti air-craft rifle, the other with the ricin. For the first he'll go somewhere where's about to storm the castle, possibly the lair Lydia's henchmen. For the second meeting he'll take the ricin, and it will be with someone he's not sure if he'll have to kill or not. I'm betting Jesse.

Damn, I love theorizing. Whatever happens though I know it's going to be a great ending.

tippy4
08-16-2013, 02:49 PM
I love the Anrgy Hank Avatar Doctor Dodge.

DoctorDodge
08-16-2013, 03:04 PM
Cheers, tippy. I noticed Fernando had gone with Walter as a theme, and my first instinct was Jesse. But after what the ending of season 5 part 1 promised us, the idea of using Hank instead was impossible to resist. I'm so glad that the first episode of the second half lived up to that promise with that awesome confrontation scene.

Ka-mai
08-16-2013, 04:09 PM
:rofl: I can't stop watching the The Price is Right clip.

Now I'm just imagining Walter inviting the family over for a barbecue and ricin-ing all of them.

OR he'll pull a Thinner and make Jesse a delicious pie that Skyler feeds to the kids by accident. Although I think by this point Jesse is wary enough to not eat anything Walt gives him.

tippy4
08-17-2013, 08:05 AM
I really thought for sure that the reason they kept showing you the ricin in the electrical outlet over and over is that there was going to be a spark/short circuit, and that the ricin would burn, turn into a gas, and kill Skyler and the baby.

Ka-mai
08-17-2013, 06:33 PM
I just showed my dad the second episode and he made me turn it off. :( He was really creeped out by the whole thing because he's worked in a funeral home before and I guess started remembering how disgusting the bodies can get if left for a couple days.

I'm desperately trying to figure out how to get around this issue, but there's so much body disposal in this show it might be a lost cause. :cry:

Edit: Now he's saying he was disturbed by how Walt and Jesse descended into corruption and they couldn't stop what was happening to them. Considering that's literally the entire show, I think this is a lost cause. :(

Tatts4Life
08-18-2013, 01:09 PM

Yeah, but they did have (and will have) Gilligan on it. Julie Bowen is a "Breaking Bad" freak!!! LOL She was very insightful. Of course you are referring to "Talking Bad" correct?

LOL yeah that's what I meant.

DoctorDodge
08-18-2013, 05:09 PM
I just showed my dad the second episode and he made me turn it off. :( He was really creeped out by the whole thing because he's worked in a funeral home before and I guess started remembering how disgusting the bodies can get if left for a couple days.

I'm desperately trying to figure out how to get around this issue, but there's so much body disposal in this show it might be a lost cause. :cry:

Edit: Now he's saying he was disturbed by how Walt and Jesse descended into corruption and they couldn't stop what was happening to them. Considering that's literally the entire show, I think this is a lost cause. :(

Damn, that's a shame. It is a pretty intense, dark show at times, and I can imagine it being not quite for everyone. The funny thing is, the first season is probably in some ways the lightest out of all the seasons. Then again, it might be more difficult to watch at times because Walt is also at his most sympathetic, and you do feel sorrier for him in his earlier eps than his later ones. Like the protagonists of Polanski movies, he starts out as primarily a victim who has a lot of shit happen to him (unlike Polanski protagonists, half of it at least comes down to at least one bad choice, so there's at least a logical reason for some of it).

fernandito
08-19-2013, 07:54 AM
Last night's episode was intense as all hell. I felt like I didn't get a chance to catch my breath up until the midway point. I hope last night's EP made it crystal meth clear that Skyler is in it with her husband, for better or for worse.

The writers hinted that the final episode of the series would share parallels with the pilot. I watched it over the weekend and noted a couple things :

1. In the pilot when we're introduced to Hank, the very first interaction between Hank and Walt occurs as they're marveling over Hank's handgun. Could it be that the last scene between these two will involve a weapon as well?

2. Walter blackmails Jesse and threatens to turn him in unless Jesse helps him cook the meth. Could Jesse be the one doing the blackmailing at the tail end?

Merlin1958
08-19-2013, 03:59 PM
Last night's episode was intense as all hell. I felt like I didn't get a chance to catch my breath up until the midway point. I hope last night's EP made it crystal meth clear that Skyler is in it with her husband, for better or for worse.

The writers hinted that the final episode of the series would share parallels with the pilot. I watched it over the weekend and noted a couple things :

1. In the pilot when we're introduced to Hank, the very first interaction between Hank and Walt occurs as they're marveling over Hank's handgun. Could it be that the last scene between these two will involve a weapon as well?

2. Walter blackmails Jesse and threatens to turn him in unless Jesse helps him cook the meth. Could Jesse be the one doing the blackmailing at the tail end?

Could be. If I recall, Gilligan mentioned parallels to "Scarface" in Talking Bad". Maybe that's Walt's last hurrah? There's a thousand reasons to argue against me, but I have this nagging feeling the "Ricin Krispies" are headed Jesse' way in the end.

Lydia is not long for the world in the coming battle with the Aryans and Czech's.

You heard it here first!!! LOL LOL

Ka-mai
08-19-2013, 05:32 PM
I just saw >this (http://www.buzzfeed.com/robinedds/breaking-bad-easter-eggs-that-will-blow-your-mind)< on Buzzfeed and it made everything Feev was saying come together for me. I get it now! Yes, I need it spelled out.

And Skyler is toast. Sorry, Skyler.

Yeah, when Hank was talking to Skyler and she wanted an attorney and she wanted to leave, I was thinking, "why doesn't he get it?" His entire career is based off reading people and catching criminals, and he can't figure out that she does not want to testify. Pull it together, Hank.

I'm super excited to see Hank and Jesse talk next week. I was so pissed when they cut it there, I started yelling at the tv.

Merlin1958
08-19-2013, 05:35 PM
I just saw >this (http://www.buzzfeed.com/robinedds/breaking-bad-easter-eggs-that-will-blow-your-mind)< on Buzzfeed and it made everything Feev was saying come together for me. I get it now! Yes, I need it spelled out.

Yeah, when Hank was talking to Skyler and she wanted an attorney and she wanted to leave, I was thinking, "why doesn't he get it?" His entire career is based off reading people and catching criminals, and he can't figure out that she does not want to testify. Pull it together, Hank.

I'm super excited to see Hank and Jesse talk next week. I was so pissed when they cut it there, I started yelling at the tv.

I hear ya, but it's "Family". The place where "Hank" takes off his badge and gun and relaxes. You've gotta factor that in I would think.

Bev Vincent
08-19-2013, 05:57 PM
Yeah, I figure he just couldn't accept that Skyler could side with a monster.

Ka-mai
08-20-2013, 05:56 AM
But I would hope after realizing that he has no idea who Walt is, that he would start to realize that maybe he knows nothing about Skyler, either. Fool me once, etc.

Tatts4Life
08-20-2013, 05:56 AM
WTF!? only 6 episodes left. These last episodes are packed too.

fernandito
08-20-2013, 07:30 AM

I saw a variation of that on a different website, but it didn't include the Skyler - breakfast bit.

Now the only question is ... is it only Skyler that bites the dust? What about the kids?

Ka-mai
08-20-2013, 02:03 PM
That depends. Are the writers sadistic enough to kill off a disabled teen and a baby? I'm thinking Walter Jr. survives. I mean, he seems like he's not in the house ever anyway (during the last episode I was wondering if they entirely forgot about him) so he'll probably be at Lewis' if things go wrong.

I'd like to hope Holly survives, but considering she never leaves the playpen, it seems somewhat unlikely.

Of course, I'm operating on the assumption that there will be a problem inside the house, such as a gassing or assassination. If it's outside the house, all bets are off.

DoctorDodge
08-20-2013, 02:16 PM
Are the writers sadistic enough to kill off a disabled teen and a baby?

Considering what the writer's have done so far, including having someone as likeable and sympathetic as Gayle killed by one of the main protagonists, plus poison a child, I really wouldn't put it past them.

Btw, what does everyone think of Lydia arranging an attack and cold blooded murder of Wolverine and his gang? I'm definitely curious about the direction that particular storyline is heading, especially when it collides with Walter and Hank. Interesting to see Todd again, too.

Ka-mai
08-20-2013, 02:19 PM
Ugh, you're right. But I want SOMEONE to survive this mess.

I just about died when I saw Lydia wore Christian Louboutins to a desert execution. :rofl: I kind of love her just because she's ridiculous. But yeah, I have no idea where that's going to go.

DoctorDodge
08-20-2013, 02:22 PM
Ugh, you're right. But I want SOMEONE to survive this mess.

I just about died when I saw Lydia wore Christian Louboutins to a desert execution. :rofl: I kind of love her just because she's ridiculous. But yeah, I have no idea where that's going to go.

Agreed. A character like that could've easily come across as seriously fucking annoying, but for some reason, she's incredibly likeable, even if she isn't exactly sympathetic at the best of times.

Ka-mai
08-20-2013, 02:33 PM
Exactly. I think she's my favorite out of the extremely limited list of female characters on this show. (By the way, why are all the women in this show some kind of crazy? The only one who doesn't seem crazy is Andrea, and her whole character development is "I'm a mom who used to do drugs." Not that interesting.)

fernandito
08-20-2013, 02:50 PM
I think Lydia is hot. I'd do nasty things to her. The fact that she's Scottish makes her that much hotter.

Gimme :heart:

http://img.ibtimes.com/www/data/images/full/2012/06/29/284886.jpg

http://www.trbimg.com/img-520d6fec/turbine/redeye-laura-fraser-talks-breaking-bad-lydia-t-002/525/499x525

DoctorDodge
08-20-2013, 02:58 PM
I think Lydia is hot. I'd do nasty things to her. The fact that she's Scottish makes her that much hotter.

Amen, bro! :D

Tatts4Life
08-21-2013, 08:58 AM
6 episodes left :(

Merlin1958
08-24-2013, 04:35 PM
What in the hell have they in store for us this week? Anticipation is killing me!!!!

:orely:

Bev Vincent
08-25-2013, 05:50 AM
An interesting op-Ed piece in yesterday's NY Times by Anna Gunn about how many people hate her character, Skyler.

Tatts4Life
08-25-2013, 11:36 AM
I know we as viewer are supposed to hate Walter White and like Skylar. For me it's completely opposite.

Ka-mai
08-25-2013, 04:21 PM
Wow, she has some great points. I'd like to see her/hear from her more in the future. I don't understand putting character hatred on the actor. For example, I HATE Pete in Mad Men. But I would never assume the actor is like that.

While I find Skyler totally annoying, I want her to run. I wish she had sided with Hank. She has two children to think about!

I hope they make it out of this, but I seriously doubt they will.

Merlin1958
08-25-2013, 09:49 PM
Wow, she has some great points. I'd like to see her/hear from her more in the future. I don't understand putting character hatred on the actor. For example, I HATE Pete in Mad Men. But I would never assume the actor is like that.

While I find Skyler totally annoying, I want her to run. I wish she had sided with Hank. She has two children to think about!

Actually, her two children are precisely who she is thinking of. If they get busted no care for them and the money goes away one way or the other. She may have had a chance to run before Walt buried the cash.

I so called the big Hank moment, just not the way it would be delivered. During the premiere I told my wife, "He's in it with Walt up to his eyeballs, he just doesn't know it yet". Brilliant move on Walt's part!!! I'm now thinking that Jesse' days may be numbered as we already know he doesn't light a match. One thing I could use some help on. I seem to recall that Walt poisoned Brock, but with another form of poison, right? Plus Jesse' ricin is in the outlet, right? I realize lifting the ricin off Jesse was more Walt "working him", but the rage seemed a little overboard. Maybe I am just getting a little desensitized.

Great episode!!!

Bev Vincent
08-26-2013, 02:15 AM
Whoa, was that ever intense! From the most awkward double date ever, to Jesse, Jesse and more Jesse. Looks like he's finally awake again.

fernandito
08-26-2013, 08:00 AM
That confession tape. Oh boy, that confession tape. Walter White is a a sociopath and a completely despicable human being. And yet ... part of me can't help but hope he makes it out of this alive. Only a show of this caliber can spawn that kind of moral conundrum in you.

I thought at first that it was Jesse that was going to spray 'HEISENBERG' on the wall, but in the flash forward the house doesn't look burned down, only abandoned. I'm thinking Flynn will interrupt Jesse and Jesse will advice Flynn to talk to his dad and make him explain everything.

Bev Vincent
08-26-2013, 08:18 AM
Yeah, I take it from the previews that he doesn't get to strike a match. I loved that he finally called Walt on his BS in the desert scene. Is there any chance Walt was being sincere when he hugged Jesse?

The bit with the cigarette box was a little (okay, a LOT) subtle -- a lot of people didn't get what he was talking about, in part because the heavy bodyguard's involvement with the ricin cigarette was never fully explained.

Dan
08-26-2013, 03:50 PM

Actually, her two children are precisely who she is thinking of. If they get busted no care for them and the money goes away one way or the other. She may have had a chance to run before Walt buried the cash.

I so called the big Hank moment, just not the way it would be delivered. During the premiere I told my wife, "He's in it with Walt up to his eyeballs, he just doesn't know it yet". Brilliant move on Walt's part!!! I'm now thinking that Jesse' days may be numbered as we already know he doesn't light a match. One thing I could use some help on. I seem to recall that Walt poisoned Brock, but with another form of poison, right? Plus Jesse' ricin is in the outlet, right? I realize lifting the ricin off Jesse was more Walt "working him", but the rage seemed a little overboard. Maybe I am just getting a little desensitized.

Great episode!!!

You are right about the poisoning. At the very end of the 4th season you will recall that Jesse told Walt that the poison ended up being a berry from a plant (can't recall the name). The last scene is a zoom in of the same plant in Walt's backyard. It also was alluded to in the beginning when Walt was spinning the gun and the last spin landed on the plant.

Merlin1958
08-26-2013, 04:15 PM

Great episode!!!

You are right about the poisoning. At the very end of the 4th season you will recall that Jesse told Walt that the poison ended up being a berry from a plant (can't recall the name). The last scene is a zoom in of the same plant in Walt's backyard. It also was alluded to in the beginning when Walt was spinning the gun and the last spin landed on the plant.

That was what immediately came to my mind, the plant out by the pool. So how does Jesse immediately make the lifting of the ricin, Walt's link to poisoning, Brock? I know I am forgetting something, just can't put my finger on it.

Dan
08-26-2013, 04:31 PM
Other than the fact that they stated in the start of season 5 that it was lifted at Saul's office, the only other clues were from the latest episode. As Bev stated, it wasn't all that clear. In fact, I watched the scene twice to see what I missed. What I concluded is that when Jesse pulled out the cigarettes and started searching for the pot he realized that it was taken while at Saul's. Knowing that, he put two and two together while looking at the cigarettes and realized the same thing happened previously with the ricin cigarette.

Merlin1958
08-26-2013, 04:34 PM
Other than the fact that they stated in the start of season 5 that it was lifted at Saul's office, the only other clues were from the latest episode. As Bev stated, it wasn't all that clear. In fact, I watched the scene twice to see what I missed. What I concluded is that when Jesse pulled out the cigarettes and started searching for the pot he realized that it was taken while at Saul's. Knowing that, he put two and two together while looking at the cigarettes and realized the same thing happened previously with the ricin cigarette.

Yeah, I got all that as well, but just feel like I still am missing something that pissed off, Jesse so much. This is too good a show to let a detail like that slip, so either I didn't miss something from previous episode's or it is yet to be revealed.

Dan
08-26-2013, 04:47 PM
Maybe, Jesse has become an emotional wreck the last few episodes. He also freaked out enough to want to kill Walt and helped kill Gus when he thought that each of them were responsible. His character is also a drug addict that sometimes uses and sometimes doesn't. I just think he is tired of getting pushed around and played by everyone. He clearly loved that kid and the whole incident was what set into motion his departure from them. Maybe he thinks if Walt hadn't done this then he would still be with her and the kid and that they would be one big happy family.

Then again, it is just a television show.

Merlin1958
08-26-2013, 04:53 PM
Maybe, Jesse has become an emotional wreck the last few episodes. He also freaked out enough to want to kill Walt and helped kill Gus when he thought that each of them were responsible. His character is also a drug addict that sometimes uses and sometimes doesn't. I just think he is tired of getting pushed around and played by everyone. He clearly loved that kid and the whole incident was what set into motion his departure from them. Maybe he thinks if Walt hadn't done this then he would still be with her and the kid and that they would be one big happy family.

Then again, it is just a television show.

Very true!! LOL LOL It's just that I have been obsessed trying to predict the next installment in the story!! LOL

fernandito
08-27-2013, 07:31 AM

Yeah, I got all that as well, but just feel like I still am missing something that pissed off, Jesse so much. This is too good a show to let a detail like that slip, so either I didn't miss something from previous episode's or it is yet to be revealed.

Yeah, there wasn't anything concrete, it was more like Jesse having an epiphany. He always had his suspicions that Walter was somehow involved with Brock. Now that he knows that Walt lied about killing Mike, and that Walt has been manipulating him for his own gains from the start, he's having a moment of clarity. When Saul admits that he had the weed lifted off of him in the same manner that the ricin was lifted off of him, Jesse puts two and two together.

I admit it's not exactly bullet proof, but Vince Gilligan is a notorious stickler for details so I'm assuming this will be touched upon next episode.

Bev Vincent
08-27-2013, 08:45 AM
This is brilliant: Hank and Marie watch the VMAs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=8UUD3zyu7Ek

Merlin1958
08-27-2013, 08:10 PM
Predictions, folks!!! What are you seeing as the results of the last 5 episodes? Where is "Tippy" when you need him? LOL LOL LOL

fernandito
08-28-2013, 07:10 AM
Prediction 1 : Skyler (and possibly Jr. and Molly too) will die.
Prediction 2 : In the end it will come down to Walter vs Jesse.

Dan
08-28-2013, 09:31 AM
My prediction is that Walt going to end by taking the ricin himself.

fernandito
08-28-2013, 09:55 AM
Purposely or inadvertently?

Dan
08-28-2013, 10:28 AM
My prediction is not based on anything, just my own thoughts and ideas. I think he will do it himself. I hope I'm wrong, but it's just a prediction.

Merlin1958
08-28-2013, 05:36 PM
My prediction is that Walt going to end by taking the ricin himself.

I think that is a very good call.

DoctorDodge
08-29-2013, 01:40 PM
Ok, after a couple of days bing watching on Sopranos and the Wire, just watched this week's ep, and fucking fuck me, that was a fucking awesome ep! I mean...fuck!

Ok, 3 points:

1. Bloody hell, Walt was seriously fucking evil this ep. This isn't just because of the "confession", although I must admit, that definitely had the highest shock factor to it. It was when he was telling Jr. that his cancer was back, that it wasn't anything serious, that he had to stay positive...just to make sure that he didn't go to his aunt and uncle's house and find out the truth. What really made it pretty fucking twisted was adding, "Now you run along to aunt Marie's", knowing full well that his son would say no because of the cancer. Walt's made a number of horrible decisions, but manipulating your own son like that...it might not be the lowest he's sunk, but it's definitely a new fucking kind of low. The "confession" was just the icing on the cake of pure fucking evil (I'm thinking black liquorice cake here). Brilliant, brilliant lie, though. He really knew how to damage his own brother-in-law in every possible way.

2. Just when you thought BB couldn't match the awkward brilliance of last year's dinner with Walt, Skyler and Jesse...we had that particular double date. Now I've had awkward family meals out before, but never to the extent of one of the family wishing that the other would kill themselves and another with the kind of held back but obvious rage like he found out that Jar Jar Binks would be the main hero in the Star Wars sequels or that Ben Affleck was gonna be playing Batman (yeah, I know, but I couldn't resist). Thank you BB for giving us more brilliant awkwardness.

3. Jesse's realisation. Just when I thought this episode couldn't squeeze in any more "HOLY SHIT!!!" moments, then comes the moment with the cigarette. Jesse realising that Walt did poison a child so early on in this final run really shows the kind of fast pace we're having. I can't wait to find out what happens next.

Brice
08-29-2013, 01:57 PM
I've never been one for predicting what's gonna' happen in a book or show or anything like that. I'll simply leave it at how much I am truly enjoying this.

Ka-mai
08-29-2013, 04:08 PM

Yes, but she's been conned by Walt, or herself, into thinking this is going to work out for them. Realistically, there is no way in hell her kids are getting that money, and she should have taken them to safety before things went to shit. She's just deluded. Her kids are better off alive than dead with some barrels full of cash.

Holy shit I cannot wait to see how this goes. :lol:

I know this isn't a terribly interesting point, but where the hell do they keep Holly? She's not with Marie, she's not at the car wash, she's apparently not doused in gasoline at the house.

I seriously doubt Walt was sincere with Jesse. Or Junior, for that matter. His every move is calculated to work in his favor. Probably the only person he's genuine with is Holly because she's too young to be manipulated, but he is using her to manipulate others (oh, think of my children!), so I don't give him a lot of credit there. Even when he's let Skyler in to his plan, he won't tell her where the money is. I'm pretty sure he's a pure sociopath at this point.

Bev Vincent
09-05-2013, 02:12 AM
Jeffrey Deaver posted this on Twitter -- he noticed one of his novels on Hank & Marie's bookshelf. The first three books on the upper shelf caught my eye...

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BTWtAzYCQAArfmy.jpg

fernandito
09-05-2013, 08:57 AM
Cool picture, Bev!

Ok, how the hell are we not talking about last Sunday's ep? Is Walt really going to pull the trigger on Jesse (so to speak)?

The confession video between Jesse and Hank ... powerful stuff.

Bev Vincent
09-05-2013, 09:41 AM
I'm more interested to hear Jesse's plan. He's come up with some surprisingly good ones in recent years. Yo, magnets, bitches! Also intrigued that it is now Skyler advocating for killing and Walt taking the opposite position.

I'm a little miffed that Gomez is there all of a sudden, without a scene showing how Hank broke the news to him. That would have been an awesome scene.

Ka-mai
09-06-2013, 05:39 AM
I agree with everything you said. All of a sudden, Gomez! And he's just sitting there like no big deal. I can't wait to see what Jesse comes up with. He's really smart when his ass is on the line. :P

It's getting really exciting to see how Skyler and Hank are being dragged down with Walt, morals-wise. I'm starting to wonder if anyone's getting out of this alive. Marie will probably survive, on virtue of being fucking annoying and useless most of the time. :lol:

Bev Vincent
09-06-2013, 06:13 AM
I liked the way Marie stepped up, though, once she understood the situation Hank was in.

fernandito
09-06-2013, 06:30 AM
I'm more interested to hear Jesse's plan. He's come up with some surprisingly good ones in recent years. Yo, magnets, bitches!
Yeah, me too. What do you make of "I'm going to hit you where you really live"? At first I thought he was talking about his family, but then I thought to myself ... what if it's not his family, what if what Jesse is after is tearing down the legacy of Heisenberg?

Also intrigued that it is now Skyler advocating for killing and Walt taking the opposite position. Yup, she has been dragged into the same moral wasteland as Walter. She's been corrupted after her prolonged exposure to him.

I'm a little miffed that Gomez is there all of a sudden, without a scene showing how Hank broke the news to him. That would have been an awesome scene.

All of a sudden, Gomez! And he's just sitting there like no big deal.
Honestly, the Gomez thing didn't bug me at all. I mean, it would have been cool to have seen it, but I'm glad that screen time went towards advancing the plot.

Marie will probably survive, on virtue of being fucking annoying and useless most of the time. :lol:

I liked the way Marie stepped up, though, once she understood the situation Hank was in.
I found Marie to be ungodly annoying, but I developed a deep respect for her after she basically told Hank that she was sticking around no matter what.

Merlin1958
09-06-2013, 07:10 AM
Jesse, will use the "skin-head's" to retaliate with Walt through "Todd" IMHO Beating Walt, to the punch, even though Walt has already contacted them.

johnsmith87
09-06-2013, 02:27 PM
A copy of "Everything's Eventual" was also shown in Gayle's living room a few seasons back. Clearly some of the writers are King fans.

tippy4
09-07-2013, 04:33 PM

I had the same thought.

Likewise...I would have liked to have seen the scene where Hank told Marie.

Jesse, will use the "skin-head's" to retaliate with Walt through "Todd" IMHO Beating Walt, to the punch, even though Walt has already contacted them.

Jesse hates Todd because he shot that kid after the train heist....and Todd probably is not a big Jesse fan after he punched him in the face.

Todd on the other hand likes Walt, because Walt taught him a skill, and made him and his Uncle quite rich one would assume.

Merlin1958
09-07-2013, 06:25 PM

I had the same thought.

Likewise...I would have liked to have seen the scene where Hank told Marie.

Jesse hates Todd because he shot that kid after the train heist....and Todd probably is not a big Jesse fan after he punched him in the face.

Todd on the other hand likes Walt, because Walt taught him a skill, and made him and his Uncle quite rich one would assume.

Yes, you are right. I realized as much soon after I posted. It was a "knee-jerk" reaction to the "Bald-Guy" scene. I have revised my thoughts as follows. Jesse, will recall a forgotten link (maybe through a "Mike" acquaintance) to the cartel's and utilize them against, Walt. Hank, will then be able to bag two birds with one stone. Figuratively.

FWIW, glad to have your insights back in this thread, Rick!!! Missed you!

Ricky
09-07-2013, 07:44 PM
Finally all caught up! :panic:

Glad to see I wasn't the only one that didn't totally understand how Jesse was able to link Walt to Brock's poisoning, and Saul and Huell back to the ricin lift. I think it would've been a more identifiable and "holy crap!" moment if Huell taking the ricin cigarette was actually seen rather than just mentioned verbally.

I thought at first that it was Jesse that was going to spray 'HEISENBERG' on the wall, but in the flash forward the house doesn't look burned down, only abandoned.

I had the exact same thought process.

And in regard to the flash-forwards, I'm not totally convinced that the destruction of the White house is as terrible as Gilligan and Co. might want us to believe. Think back to S2 (it was 2, right?) with the pink teddy bear scenes: suited lab guys surveying the White house, Walt's glasses in an evidence bag (with Walt nowhere to be seen), sheet-covered bodies, etc. All pointed to Walt being found out, but ended up being the aftermath of the plane crash that Walt inadvertently caused. So, what if Walt just packed up the family and put them somewhere "safe", leaving the house to ruins? What if they sold the house? Claimed bankruptcy (lame, but anything's possible)? Really, the only thing hinting to any possible White family/cartel danger is the 'Heisenberg' on the wall (which is either condemnation or praise) and Carol's shock (and horror?) at seeing Walt before her.

Bev Vincent
09-08-2013, 04:20 AM
I'm pretty sure there were DEA signs at the house.

Question: what was the CD or DVD that Jesse left on the dash of his car? Walt picked it up, and it seemed significant.

Dan
09-08-2013, 07:32 AM
Question: what was the CD or DVD that Jesse left on the dash of his car? Walt picked it up, and it seemed significant.

Good question! I had same thought, although no guesses to its meaning.

Bev Vincent
09-08-2013, 08:00 AM
I found this explanation:

The more significant disorientation came from the fact that the episode was bisected into halves covering the same period of time but from different points of view. First, we pick up at the previous cliffhanger from Walt’s eyes. What happened to Jesse? It actually seemed like the show meant to answer this question at the end of the cold open, when Walt finds that compact disc on Saul’s dashboard. Was I the only one who assumed the disc was Walt’s “confession” tape, left by Hank as a fuck-you token after picking up Jesse? I can’t imagine the show’s meticulous writers didn’t expect some people would think that. Later, when the second half of the episode switches to Jesse’s POV, we learn that Hank did in fact intervene (aren’t you proud at me for not gloating about my insanely brilliant prediction last week?), but that the CD was just a cocaine-snorting surface. So the viewer’s left untangling a whole web of false impressions.

needfulthings
09-08-2013, 09:54 PM
Why is it in shootouts NOBODY CAN HIT SHIT? LOL

Bev Vincent
09-09-2013, 02:15 AM
So they can have three more episodes!

What a wild ending. I never saw that coming at all. I wonder how it will resolve. They didn't even show video from next week's episode, just older clips to keep from hinting at who will survive.

fernandito
09-09-2013, 07:31 AM

Good question! I had same thought, although no guesses to its meaning.

I think Jesse was snorting off of it, don't think it had any meaning beyond that.

So they can have three more episodes!

What a wild ending. I never saw that coming at all. I wonder how it will resolve. They didn't even show video from next week's episode, just older clips to keep from hinting at who will survive.

I knew Uncle Jack would show up from the moment Walt said 'don't come', but it was still a very tense scene. Walt yelling for everyone to stop and being utterly helpless in the backseat of a car is a nice contrast to Heisenberg's calm and collected demeanor when dealing with threats.

Tatts4Life
09-09-2013, 11:39 AM
Oh I knew the uncle was gonna show up too. That was a great ending. I'll be surprised if somebody doesn't die.

Bev Vincent
09-09-2013, 12:01 PM
That phone conversation between Hank and Marie...pretty ominous, if you ask me.

fernandito
09-09-2013, 01:19 PM
Pretty sure Gomie is done for.

I'm thinking that Jesse will be kidnapped and forced to cook (remember that Walt announced him as his equal when it comes to cooking) and Walt will come out of hiding to save him and attempt to redeem himself.

Merlin1958
09-09-2013, 02:24 PM
Pretty sure Gomie is done for.

I'm thinking that Jesse will be kidnapped and forced to cook (remember that Walt announced him as his equal when it comes to cooking) and Walt will come out of hiding to save him and attempt to redeem himself.

Agreed, Gomie will bite dust. Jesse may not survive either. Pretty sure some how Hank will survive and of course Walt.

Bev Vincent
09-09-2013, 02:54 PM
The one thing that makes me suspect Hank will survive is that Dean Norris was on the set right up to the end and went straight from the finale to SC for Under the Dome. But that might have been misleading.