PDA

View Full Version : Rosalita

Wuducynn
04-05-2008, 09:48 AM
One of my favorite minor characters and there needs to be a thread dedicated to chat about her. So here it is Folk o' the .Com. The Allie thread got me thinking, because I don't feel Allie loved Roland, but needed him because of loneliness and lust, what was Rosa to him or Roland to Rosa? With her, I think there really was some love blooming between them. Thoughts? Fuck-you's? Rants?

Letti
04-05-2008, 10:04 AM
May I ask a quite stupid question?

Darkthoughts
04-05-2008, 10:08 AM
I agree most heartily CK! I think had Rosie and Roland meet under different circumstances they'd be married with children. There was a mutual respect and some genuine emotion there.

Wuducynn
04-05-2008, 01:58 PM
May I ask a quite stupid question?

No.

Letti
04-05-2008, 02:01 PM
Oh great. :D

jayson
04-05-2008, 02:02 PM
I agree, Rosalita and Roland could have made a real and lasting love if they'd had more time together. It was nice to see Roland find love again after hearing his story to that point. Also, she sounded pretty hot.:dance:

Wuducynn
04-05-2008, 02:02 PM
I think had Rosie and Roland meet under different circumstances they'd be married with children. There was a mutual respect and some genuine emotion there.

Definitely. Didn't Roland at some point think that he could retire in Calla Bryn Sturgiss with her?

Wuducynn
04-05-2008, 02:05 PM
Oh great. :D

Letti, you KNOW you don't have to ask...since thats what this thread is for, right? ;)

Letti
04-05-2008, 02:10 PM
I know, Matthew. ;)
Ehhh... it's such a clumsy question but whenever I read about Rosalita this thing comes to my mind.
Have you every thought that Roalite might have been the lover of Callahan, too?

jayson
04-05-2008, 02:12 PM
i think in the callas, callahan considered himself a catholic priest again, and so would not have been with any woman

Letti
04-05-2008, 02:13 PM
Does it mean you have never thought of it because it's so obvious?

jayson
04-05-2008, 02:14 PM
no, it occurred to me, i just don't think it ever happened between the two of them. i don't think it's too obvious to question.

Wuducynn
04-05-2008, 02:15 PM
I know, Matthew. ;)
Ehhh... it's such a clumsy question but whenever I read about Rosalita this thing comes to my mind.
Have you every thought that Roalite might have been the lover of Callahan, too?

Thats not clumsy, I've thought of that before, but I don't think so. I just got the feeling that Callahan viewed her strictly as a friend from the way he acted towards her.

MonteGss
04-05-2008, 02:39 PM
I agree with CK and R_of_G, Callahan wasn't interested in Rosa and I didn't believe anything happened with them.

I also agree that Rosalita was hot. Also, that her relationship with Roland was very different than with Allie. There was much more of a connection for them, it wasn't just pity/loneliness/lust/guilt like it was with Allie.

Darkthoughts
04-06-2008, 03:11 AM
Was Rosa's husband still alive when Callahan first came to the Calla?

Wuducynn
04-06-2008, 08:24 AM
I don't remember either Wolves or Song saying anything about Rosalita's husband. Are there any mentions in the series?

obscurejude
04-06-2008, 08:25 AM
I'm pretty sure she mentioned his death at some point in Wolves. Yeah, almost positive.

Darkthoughts
04-06-2008, 08:39 AM
I thought the same Jude. Matthew, I'll have a look through Wolves tonight...can't see anything in the concordance though.

Jean
04-06-2008, 10:45 AM
With her, I think there really was some love blooming between them.

I agree most heartily CK! I think had Rosie and Roland meet under different circumstances they'd be married with children. There was a mutual respect and some genuine emotion there.
I don't know about married with children (have to force myself to imagine Roland happily married... and failed anyway), but I agree there was geniune emotion

Wuducynn
04-06-2008, 11:09 AM
I don't know about married with children (have to force myself to imagine Roland happily married... and failed anyway)

Yeah, it is hard to imagine that. But if it was to be with anyone I'd say it would be with Rosalita.

Jean
04-06-2008, 11:11 AM
absolutely

sarah
04-06-2008, 03:01 PM
Thanks for starting this thread, All_hail. I love Rosalita. She is my favorite "bit" character. I thought she rocked her part. I'm glad King put in a strong female for Roland to get it on with. Plus, she threw that plate like a MoFo. :lol:

Daghain
04-06-2008, 08:19 PM
I love Rosalita. I think she and Roland definitely had the "friends with benefits" thing going on, and maybe in different circumstances they could have had more. I definitely get that feeling.

Wuducynn
04-09-2008, 05:56 AM
Thanks for starting this thread, All_hail. I love Rosalita. She is my favorite "bit" character. I thought she rocked her part. I'm glad King put in a strong female for Roland to get it on with.

Definitely. :harrier: She is one of mine also. Up there with R.P. Sayre and The Rev. Harrigan. To me she seems like the anti-Alice. She was the exact opposite in almost every way.

Plus, she threw that plate like a MoFo. :lol:

You bet! :harrier: Although not even her was as good as Susannah. :harrier:

Jean
04-09-2008, 06:27 AM
To me she seems like the anti-Alice. She was the exact opposite in almost every way.
never thought if it that way... now do.

ZoNeSeeK
04-16-2008, 12:18 AM
Do you think King may have toyed with the idea of making her Ka-Tet? Or was Roland closed off from that forever, after Susan?

Wuducynn
04-16-2008, 05:37 AM
Do you think King may have toyed with the idea of making her Ka-Tet? Or was Roland closed off from that forever, after Susan?

Good question...I don't think King had any intention of it, no. In story, I don't think Roland had any plans of adding one else to his ka-tet, and I'm still iffy on whether Callahan was a member.

MonteGss
04-16-2008, 07:53 AM
Bound by purpose and the same goal.
Nope, doesn't sound like Rosa or Callahan fit into that category alongside Roland, Eddie, Jake and Susannah. :)

Jean
04-16-2008, 08:35 AM
you've listed those who were drawn through doors

That's what I would have done, too. But how about Oy, then?

MonteGss
04-16-2008, 08:45 AM
Not to get too off-topic (cuz I know how you dislike that Jean :) )....short answer is YES. Oy is because he is tied to Jake and does have the same purpose and goals as the rest of the tet.

If you want, we can further discuss it here (http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/showthread.php?t=2294). :)

Wuducynn
04-16-2008, 08:50 AM
Jean likes to get off topic when it serves his purpose. ;)

Matt
04-16-2008, 10:19 AM
Something about that lady rubbing the cat oil all over was very hot. I liked her a lot because Roland needed a woman like that.

I really wish he would have taken the opportunity to cry off with her.

Wuducynn
04-16-2008, 10:22 AM
Something about that lady rubbing the cat oil all over was very hot. I liked her a lot because Roland needed a woman like that.

Something? Try "everything"..

I really wish he would have taken the opportunity to cry off with her.

DT7 spoiler Maybe someday he will

Unfound One
04-16-2008, 10:24 AM
Hell yyyyyyeah....

Brainslinger
04-16-2008, 12:26 PM
Rosalita was an interesting character.

Yes there was a connection between her an Roland, but I'm not convinced they would have ever gotten together full time...

For some reason it bugged me that she turned out to be the best with the plate out of all the women(appart from Susannah). Silly, I just wish King had shared the 'special skills' out between the women. Also the fact that 'his lady' happens to be the most skilled... unknown to him...

Just a personal peeve though. I just find it irritating when one person so happens to be best at everything...

That seems pretty true to life though.

Wuducynn
04-16-2008, 03:44 PM
Typical European attitude...get irritated by someone because they stand out and are successful at so many things...

Wuducynn
04-16-2008, 04:03 PM
I guess you won't be delving into 'Atlas Shrugged' anytime soon Brainslinger.. ;)

ZoNeSeeK
04-16-2008, 07:59 PM
I didn't know that was exclusively a european attitude :)

AllHail, you've been extra sensitive to trans-atlantic attitudes lately. Are your teats sore and swollen? Hot flushes, dear? :) Do you want a lemon scented foot bath? I have a pumice.

Wuducynn
04-17-2008, 05:38 AM
Did you say something Josh? Cause I was busy machine-gunning random passerby's...

Unfound One
04-17-2008, 06:52 AM
:lol: The two of you crack me up...

Matt
04-17-2008, 08:39 AM
Rosalita was an interesting character.

Yes there was a connection between her an Roland, but I'm not convinced they would have ever gotten together full time...

For some reason it bugged me that she turned out to be the best with the plate out of all the women(appart from Susannah). Silly, I just wish King had shared the 'special skills' out between the women. Also the fact that 'his lady' happens to be the most skilled... unknown to him...

Just a personal peeve though. I just find it irritating when one person so happens to be best at everything...

That seems pretty true to life though.

I think a woman who is bold enough to basically tell Roland "why don't you sling me some dick" is a natural for the woman who would be bold enough to be the best at the plates.

Wuducynn
04-17-2008, 08:43 AM
I think a woman who is bold enough to basically tell Roland "why don't you sling me some dick" is a natural for the woman who would be bold enough to be the best at the plates.

Oh Matt. That was perfectly put. If I quoted folk, I would be quoting that.

MonteGss
04-17-2008, 07:41 PM
Hear, hear! Very well put and I couldn't agree more Matt! :thumbsup:

Wuducynn
04-17-2008, 07:43 PM
There's this hot actress that for the life of me I can't remember the name of, that I always think of when I read about Rosalita...

MonteGss
04-17-2008, 07:46 PM
Salma Hayek?

No, she isn't Rosalita but she is damned f*cking hot. :D

Wuducynn
04-17-2008, 07:48 PM
Noo, not her. Gods she is hot though isn't she? Shes a little too young for how I picture Rosalita..

MonteGss
04-17-2008, 07:50 PM
I agree completely, Rosa is older.
Can you think of any movie this person is in that I might be able to help you figure her out? I need a face for Rosa....:)

Wuducynn
04-17-2008, 07:50 PM
Its frustrating...I have to stop thinking about it and then it will come to me.

MonteGss
04-17-2008, 07:51 PM
Is she latina? That is how I picture Rosa...:D

Wuducynn
04-17-2008, 07:54 PM
Yep.

Unfound One
04-17-2008, 07:57 PM
Ahh I'm looking for an actress too... I swear I can see her in my head but I don't know what her name is.

MonteGss
04-17-2008, 08:09 PM
I'm wondering if we are all thinking of the same person....:lol:

Unfound One
04-17-2008, 08:14 PM
Yeah, probably.
Isn't that frustrating?

Wuducynn
04-17-2008, 08:14 PM
Watch, it probably is...

ZoNeSeeK
04-22-2008, 12:28 AM
Eva Mendez?

Erin
04-22-2008, 12:47 AM
I always pictured Rosalita in my head as being older, slightly overweight and while not stereotypically pretty, having a unique look about her with kind eyes.

I have no idea if I got this mental image from the books or what. I'm rusty on my Wolves of the Calla. I need to do a re-read stat on it. :orely:

Unfound One
04-22-2008, 12:53 AM
Eva Mendez is too young and sexy...
But that's close to how I see her. Just add on about 20 years and some weight - still sexy but not a hot young thang.

Wuducynn
04-25-2008, 03:49 PM
I always pictured Rosalita in my head as being older, slightly overweight and while not stereotypically pretty, having a unique look about her with kind eyes.

While I don't picture her as slightly overweight, I do picture the unique look with kind eyes. I've given up trying to find the actress I picture her as.