PDA

View Full Version : Book Dealers-eBay sellers-dt.org buyers/sellers/ to Avoid like the Corona Virus

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7]

Cook
08-07-2019, 08:37 PM
It's a walking cat, so if you missed the joke I understand. That being said, if someone wants to make a point directly to me I will certainly respond unless that's also something that's against the rules here as well. There's more unwritten rules here than baseball.

So that would be a no then?
Or yes you didn't see yourself out?

knightmare
08-07-2019, 08:39 PM
It's a walking cat, so if you missed the joke I understand. That being said, if someone wants to make a point directly to me I will certainly respond unless that's also something that's against the rules here as well. There's more unwritten rules here than baseball.

I'm the troll here :)

Tommy
08-07-2019, 08:40 PM

Yeah, the cat confuses me too. More explanation needed, this is fascinating btw but I'm sure Brian would rather this was done elsewhere.....

peripheral
08-07-2019, 08:41 PM
Let’s continue this in the thread: “eBay sellers to avoid like the plague - and who are insightless with long-standing interpersonal difficulties dating back to adolescence..”

Tommy
08-07-2019, 08:42 PM
Let’s continue this in the thread: “eBay sellers to avoid like the plague - and who are insightless with long-standing interpersonal difficulties dating back to adolescence..”

Great idea!

knightmare
08-07-2019, 08:43 PM
A point to be made is that while you guys pile on there ARE folks here wondering why it has to be this way. They have their varied reasons for being here, I'm sure. None of them will speak up because they don't want the same treatment. Take a second and think about if that's the environment you want with an online forum. That's how Twitter is, and it's considered by many to be pretty toxic. As I said before, it's not my place to tell you how to act, I just know how I don't want to be treated. I'm not a martyr or anything, I simply don't mind if people dislike me because of some made up reason they decided to create before getting to know me. That's them taking poison hoping I get sick, like not forgiving folks.

Tommy
08-07-2019, 08:43 PM
Here we go!! Can the troll cat come over here now?

knightmare
08-07-2019, 08:44 PM

Please share your ebay ID and i'll gladly make it official. That way you don't have to PM me asking me to hook you up with deals like in the past.

Cook
08-07-2019, 08:45 PM

I'm the troll here :)

What exactly is it that your looking for right now? Seriously, why bother.
Sort of a lipstick on a pig kinda thing at this point...

knightmare
08-07-2019, 08:49 PM
You're right, I'm done (and this isn't to have last word). This went on longer than it should have and I want to personally apologize to CD and Brian for this thread being where it played out.

Jimimck
08-07-2019, 08:58 PM
Oh look...Brooks into it with another member of our community..shocked! All of us self proclaimed expert assholes. Good thing you have those “1k a day in sales” to use as a shield against the bullies ...wait...No one gives a shit?...Yeah, no one gives a shit.. This fantasy world that you live in where you are some victim on a crusade is comical. The reality is that you are an arrogant, insufferable troll ...but hey, the problem is with everyone else right?? Why dont you just do us all a favor and crawl back to whatever Koontz board you spawned from

Let me guess who this is....the guy who can't spell?

Let me guess who this is..the cunt that everyone hates?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FIHC

knightmare
08-07-2019, 09:00 PM
Please simply submit your reply as follows:

My ebay ID is [enter id here] as I do not want to ever be allowed to buy from an ebay store because of a forum where that person had a disagreement with someone.

--------------
I'll check in periodically to process these for you guys, cheers!

Tommy
08-07-2019, 09:04 PM
Well now you've given away your evil plan. I probably won't share my ebay ID with you, certainly not now. :evil:

I just buy on there anyway. :dance:

Kingfan24
08-07-2019, 09:04 PM
Doesn’t matter - mine was already blocked. Never had an interaction with you on eBay before and I’m blocked lol.

knightmare
08-07-2019, 09:09 PM
Well now you've given away your evil plan. I probably won't share my ebay ID with you, certainly not now. :evil:

Aw dang, I'll have to take your money in the future...my plan has failed. But...don't you want to avoid buying something you want from someone you don't know but there was friction with someone else with on a totally different site?

herbertwest
08-08-2019, 04:57 AM
Not sure what the heck happened in this thread... but ok.

jeffingoff
08-08-2019, 05:12 AM
Not sure what the heck happened in this thread... but ok.

It done blowed up.

I just want to know what FIHC means.

Tony Two-Cent
08-08-2019, 05:16 AM

Ha ha! So I'm not the only one! I even Googled it without success.

webstar1000
08-08-2019, 05:18 AM

Ha ha! So I'm not the only one! I even Googled it without success.

Me too. I have no idea what that means.

HONKYTONKSMASH
08-08-2019, 05:29 AM
[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

bdwyer19
08-08-2019, 05:49 AM
WOW! I’m just catching up on everything with this Brooks guy. I’ve already seen him get the boot on Facebook groups, and it looks like he’s losing customers here too. Didn’t take him long at all to make enemies. Good riddance!

St. Troy
08-08-2019, 08:56 AM

Aw dang, I'll have to take your money in the future...my plan has failed. But...don't you want to avoid buying something you want from someone you don't know but there was friction with someone else with on a totally different site?

Sounds like the boycott may have been poorly planned.

Patrick
08-08-2019, 11:05 AM
To summarize my understanding of what I’ve read both here and on FB:

This seller:

1. Lists items for sale for much higher than current market prices. Serious collectors find this a ridiculous practice.

2. Blocks a massive list of potential eBay buyers and cannot articulate the specific reason for at least one particular potential buyer. Serious collectors find this insulting.

3. Argues with other serious collectors, offending many of them while also taking offense himself. Others not directly involved in #1 and #2 appear to pile on. This all creates drama for everyone.

Here are my two questions:

Has this seller actually ripped anyone off? By either:
1. not delivering goods purchased,
2. delivered goods not as described, or
3. mailed collectibles in sub-par packaging?

Or are we avoiding the seller because we just don’t like him?

Garrell
08-08-2019, 11:21 AM
I only avoid him and commenting to his post because he was a jerk the only time I commented to one of his post. I cracked a joke about selling kids as a way to avoid parenting cost and he was extremely rude. It was an obvious joke (post is in the bookcase thread). I don't need the drama, so I avoid him.

lotuz
08-08-2019, 11:26 AM
I have no comment about anyone else's experiences, and no desire to join in the broader discussion/argument, but I will contribute my experiences:

1. I had previously purchased items off of eBay from this seller prior to the seller joining TDT. He has thousands of books in his eBay store and from what I have seen of it there are items that are (a) good bargains, (b) fair market prices, and (c) higher than market prices. I generally tend to purchase from groups (a) and (b) and I believe but don't fully recall if I've ever submitted an offer for an item in the (c) group. All items were well packaged and shipped in a timely manner and I had no issues.

2. I have since purchased items directly from this seller after connecting with him on this site and was very happy with my purchases. For one purchase, he sold the item to me for less than I offered because he thought it was a fairer price. Again, the items were well packaged and shipped in a timely manner and I had no issues.

Hunchback Jack
08-08-2019, 11:36 AM
I have also had positive experiences with knightmare on eBay, much the same as 1. described by lotuz, above. I was able to acquire a few long-sought after items at prices I was very happy with. They were very well packaged and arrived quickly.

Despite the drama here, I would still do business with him again if he offers something I'm looking for at a price we can agree on.

HBJ

Patrick
08-08-2019, 11:42 AM
I only avoid him and commenting to his post because he was a jerk the only time I commented to one of his post. I cracked a joke about selling kids as a way to avoid parenting cost and he was extremely rude. It was an obvious joke (post is in the bookcase thread). I don't need the drama, so I avoid him.
I remember that comment. As a parent, I thought it was funny.

Patrick
08-08-2019, 11:46 AM
I have no comment about anyone else's experiences, and no desire to join in the broader discussion/argument, but I will contribute my experiences:

1. I had previously purchased items off of eBay from this seller prior to the seller joining TDT. He has thousands of books in his eBay store and from what I have seen of it there are items that are (a) good bargains, (b) fair market prices, and (c) higher than market prices. I generally tend to purchase from groups (a) and (b) and I believe but don't fully recall if I've ever submitted an offer for an item in the (c) group. All items were well packaged and shipped in a timely manner and I had no issues.

2. I have since purchased items directly from this seller after connecting with him on this site and was very happy with my purchases. For one purchase, he sold the item to me for less than I offered because he thought it was a fairer price. Again, the items were well packaged and shipped in a timely manner and I had no issues.

I have also had positive experiences with knightmare on eBay, much the same as 1. described by lotuz, above. I was able to acquire a few long-sought after items at prices I was very happy with. They were very well packaged and arrived quickly.

Despite the drama here, I would still do business with him again if he offers something I'm looking for at a price we can agree on.

HBJ

I’ve never done business with him and have no immediate plans to, but I appreciate this feedback. Thank you.

Br!an
08-08-2019, 12:50 PM

HBJ

I’ve never done business with him and have no immediate plans to, but I appreciate this feedback. Thank you.

Here's a little more feedback.

I responded to an offering of a Joe Hill chapbook. We agreed on a price. Before I paid he said he actually had two chapbooks. I could have the second one also if I wanted it. I agreed.

I doubled the price I had agreed to for the first chapbook and sent him the money. He refunded me some money because he discounted the price due to the purchase of two books.

I paid using PayPal. I inadvertently failed to change the default selection to Friends and Family as agreed. (I swear it use to default to F&F and now it doesn't.) I offered to pay the fee that he was charged by PP. He refused.

I was very happy with the transaction. He was fair. The packaging was good. The shipping was quick.

I also happened to be the seller of a book he bought on eBay. That transaction went smoothly too.

Whatever other drama notwithstanding, I have no problem buying from or selling to him.

Tommy
08-08-2019, 01:26 PM
I haven't bought anything from him. My problem was how he presented himself in the Cemetery Dance forum. There were several better ways to address what was being asked of him and picked one of the worst ways to do it. I haven't mentioned his ebay ID but he is asking for mine to try and hurt me in some way. I only brought this discussion over here because it didn't belong over at the CD forum. I am not suggesting anyone should stop doing business with him if you like him, I'm just saying after what I've seen, I'll pass is all. Who knows? He has over 2000 blocked on ebay, I'm probably one of them already. RF seems to be one and I'm not sure he ever found out why he was blocked. Que sera sera....

Jimimck
08-08-2019, 09:51 PM
I've never dealt with him, but followed his quick career in the Rare & Collectible group on FB.

He was an arse. Rude, argumentative, and came across as an online troll just wanting to cause shit. I'm surprised the admin there let him stay as long as they did considering he was outright abusing one of them.

So he's blocked thousands of people on eBay, and by his own admission, reasons could vary from actually bad business dealings to he just didn't like the of someone's profile, he then joins a FB group filled with very active and knowledgeable King collectors and quickly alienates them and gets himself blocked after abusing an admin, and then comes here, carries on with the same belligerent attitude and accuses RF of inappropriate communication when called out on his shitty eBay practices.

He's clearly a people person

peripheral
08-09-2019, 06:39 AM
I've never dealt with him, but followed his quick career in the Rare & Collectible group on FB.

He was an arse. Rude, argumentative, and came across as an online troll just wanting to cause shit. I'm surprised the admin there let him stay as long as they did considering he was outright abusing one of them.

So he's blocked thousands of people on eBay, and by his own admission, reasons could vary from actually bad business dealings to he just didn't like the of someone's profile, he then joins a FB group filled with very active and knowledgeable King collectors and quickly alienates them and gets himself blocked after abusing an admin, and then comes here, carries on with the same belligerent attitude and accuses RF of inappropriate communication when called out on his shitty eBay practices.

He's clearly a people person

+ 1,000

Patrick
08-09-2019, 09:55 AM
Thanks for the feedback, friends. In no way do I want to discount nor dismiss his behavior, I just wanted to know whether he was actually ripping anyone off.

I’ll never understand why any seller would block well-known, respected collectors (and there appear to be a number of ‘em) and yet be unable to articulate any reason for doing so.

peripheral
08-09-2019, 11:49 AM
Thanks for the feedback, friends. In no way do I want to discount nor dismiss his behavior, I just wanted to know whether he was actually ripping anyone off.

I’ll never understand why any seller would block well-known, respected collectors (and there appear to be a number of ‘em) and yet be unable to articulate any reason for doing so.

Don’t look for rational explanations for his behaviour, then his behaviour begins to make sense :)

Randall Flagg
08-12-2019, 07:29 AM
Interesting that someone with the same IP address as knighmare just registered as user Randall Fag. They even used my crow avatar.

Br!an
08-12-2019, 07:31 AM
:wtf:

bdwyer19
08-12-2019, 07:35 AM
Wow!! That’s gutsy! Did you approve his registration?

Joe315
08-12-2019, 07:35 AM
Interesting that someone with the same IP address as knighmare just registered as user Randall Fag. They even used my crow avatar.

Hahaha. :emot-roflolmao:

jeffingoff
08-12-2019, 07:38 AM

Wait . . . is this Jerome? Or the Brooks guy? How diabolical if knightmare registered as RF, used the crow avatar, and then made this post his first post!

Also, knightmare was paid by the Clintons to kill Jeffrey Epstein.

I love conspiracy theories!

Seriously, what a ballsy move to try to register as the OWNER of the Forum. Really shows the type of person he is.

surly
08-12-2019, 08:01 AM
Hahaha!
You should approve it, if only to see how this all plays out.

Randall Flagg
08-12-2019, 08:04 AM
Hahaha!
You should approve it, if only to see how this all plays out.
I considered that, but decided to ban the user and the IP address (76.187.131.154)

Tommy
08-12-2019, 12:29 PM
So add homophobic and stalker to his long list of qualities. What a :Shithead emoji:

shaq
08-12-2019, 01:08 PM
Reminded me of the personality traits of the guy who did monthly book sets and screwed everyone over.

T-Dogz_AK47
08-12-2019, 01:11 PM
Reminded me of the personality traits of the guy who did monthly book sets and screwed everyone over.

Yeah I was thinking the same thing.

jeffingoff
08-12-2019, 01:14 PM
So add homophobic and stalker to his long list of qualities. What a :Shithead emoji:

Really?? I wasn’t aware he was a bigot on top of it all.

T-Dogz_AK47
08-12-2019, 01:20 PM

He tried to register a new account with the name "Randall Fag".

jeffingoff
08-12-2019, 01:48 PM

He tried to register a new account with the name "Randall Fag".

Oh holy shit I missed that! My brain read Flag. Wow! What an asshat.

ICry4Oy
08-12-2019, 01:53 PM
It's a little funny and a lot sad. Guy has some major anger issues and probably bi-polar off his meds.

Br!an
08-12-2019, 02:15 PM

Do you mean Nocturnal Reader's Box?

The social skills aspect seems similar.

The NRB guy was taking orders for items he knowingly couldn't deliver. He was screwing people over and robbing Peter to pay Paul. He was a criminal. That isn't the case with knightmare.

Randall Flagg
08-12-2019, 02:40 PM
It appears there are no complaints about transactions completed with knightmare, he just rubs some (not all) people the wrong way. Whoever registered the new derogatory account (I can't prove it but the facts are reasonably clear) obviously wants to be annoying. I was under the impression that knightmare was doing $1k a day in business. I would think that kind of book volume would keep a real businessman busy.

shaq
08-12-2019, 03:33 PM

Do you mean Nocturnal Reader's Box?

The social skills aspect seems similar.

The NRB guy was taking orders for items he knowingly couldn't deliver. He was screwing people over and robbing Peter to pay Paul. He was a criminal. That isn't the case with knightmare.

Hi Br!an, i was comparing to him, but I wasn’t referring to him ripping people off, sorry if that wasn’t clear, I was referring to his behaviours and highly emotional responses and mannerisms. Straight to red alert and defensive erratic posts.

I’d apologise to the guy if that was taken from my post, if warranted but stand by my comparison re mannerisms.

kingfan2323
08-12-2019, 05:39 PM
Interesting that someone with the same IP address as knighmare just registered as user Randall Fag. They even used my crow avatar.By the end of his first day here I could tell he was a weasel, shady, and a cry-baby. Fast judge of character and rarely wrong. Bye bye!

seeking: ANYTHING DT related #246
Ready Plyer One Sub Press S/L

TnTzDad
12-20-2019, 07:21 AM
Is eBay Zuber on this list? How many have bought from him and gotten what was advertised?

Tony Two-Cent
12-20-2019, 07:29 AM
Is eBay Zuber on this list? How many have bought from him and gotten what was advertised?

I have stopped buying from them after several unsatisfactory purchases. They seemingly have an extensive stock of books, but my purchases were always in way lesser condition than expected or the wrong item entirely. They use stock photos so you were never sure what you were going to get.

TnTzDad
12-20-2019, 07:36 AM

I have stopped buying from them after several unsatisfactory purchases. They seemingly have an extensive stock of books, but my purchases were always in way lesser condition than expected or the wrong item entirely. They use stock photos so you were never sure what you were going to get.

I remember reading a post a few months ago, that someone was waiting to receive a book from them and ended up getting a much lesser version. I guess I would expect their feedback to be much lower and end up banned with all the misleading sales. Thanks for the info!

ur2ndbiggestfan
12-20-2019, 08:47 AM
I will never buy from Zuber again. Bought one thing, received another.

kingfan2323
12-20-2019, 08:51 AM
I will never buy from Zuber again. Bought one thing, received another.We should call it the "Zuber Lesson" a lot of us learned it the hard way. Ha!

seeking: anything DT#246, Strange Weather (CD)

Br!an
12-20-2019, 01:53 PM
I bought The Long Walk from them, and it never arrived. They provided tracking that didn't show any movement. I ended up getting refunded after filing for one with eBay.

I never would have bought from them, but I didn't realize who the seller was when I bought it. It was a decent price and I jumped on it. Only after did I realize who it was. I hoped for the best. Unfortunately, the best from Zuber is that you get a refund.

lotuz
12-20-2019, 02:24 PM
I bought a title that was listed as the Centipede Press edition from them, and received a random paperback version of the same title. Wasn't a problem to get my money back. I have also bought several reading copies of books from them, because they were well-priced, and I had no issues with those (one wasn't the same edition as the picture but I didn't care).

Going forward, I won't buy any more rare or limited editions from them, but if they have a good price on a reading copy I'll order it.

vincent
03-15-2020, 12:29 AM
Pretty sure I'm getting scammed by someone on a FB group. I think it was either the "Constant Sellers" or "buy/sell/trade" one, probably the latter. Someone offered something like 15 old magazines for $50. I PM'd, asked how much plus shipping. He said $75, converted to 58 pounds, and he asked if I could do wire transfer, as he didn't have paypal. I said sure, had to call my bank twice to set up the international transfer, but did it all in one day. He was very quick to respond when it came to giving the details for the transfer, then when I sent him a screenshot of the transfer confirmation, he went a lot more quiet.

I messaged him and asked to let me know when the money had arrived, and when he could ship. I waited a whole week, then on Friday asked any news? He said relax, I'll let you know when I shipped. Again nothing, then yesterday morning I saw he had removed me from the FB messaging thread. I sent him another message, he said he must have pushed a wrong button, but that he mailed the stuff and it should arrive sometime late next week. "You're fine mate."

I'm still reluctant to start up the reporting to marketplace or to the admins of the group. Don't want to do that and then have a box show up next week. There's a bunch of red flags, I know: no paypal, stops communicating when the money is in the bank, tries to delete the conversation (unsuccesfully), stalls for time, no tracking number, no picture of the box...

Garrell
03-15-2020, 05:09 AM
I would report now. He has giving you more than probable cause.

Brian861
03-15-2020, 02:38 PM

Agreed. And who doesn't use PayPal now a days? Especially if you're going to be selling to folks over the web. One of the many reasons I find it hard to purchase items out of the forum and eBay. As far as collectibles go.

vincent
03-19-2020, 02:45 AM

Agreed. And who doesn't use PayPal now a days? Especially if you're going to be selling to folks over the web. One of the many reasons I find it hard to purchase items out of the forum and eBay. As far as collectibles go.

Thanks guys.

Saw that he blocked me on FB today, so there's no hope left that a box will show up at my house.

So here: I was scammed by Paul James Spittlehouse in the FB group "Stephen King/Horror Special/Limited Editions buy/sell/trade group"

BEWARE OF THIS MAN!

webstar1000
03-19-2020, 03:42 AM

Thanks guys.

Saw that he blocked me on FB today, so there's no hope left that a box will show up at my house.

So here: I was scammed by Paul James Spittlehouse in the FB group "Stephen King/Horror Special/Limited Editions buy/sell/trade group"

BEWARE OF THIS MAN!

Report that to an Admin ASAP... they will ban him for life.

vincent
03-19-2020, 03:50 AM

Thanks guys.

BEWARE OF THIS MAN!

Thx Kris, I did this morning, to Hans and Jason M

webstar1000
03-19-2020, 04:10 AM

Thanks guys.

BEWARE OF THIS MAN!

Thx Kris, I did this morning, to Hans and Jason M

That group started the King selling groups but started to die... I am still there but The ones that matter now and have any action are: Rare King (the one I manage) for the higher collectables, Constant Sellers for the lower end common stuff and Constant Readers for all things King related and James Mackenzie here runs that.. he has near a 100000 members. INSANE. I can barely cover the 3000 I have. LOL

The Library Policeman
03-19-2020, 04:32 AM
Sorry that happened to you, Vincent. Some people suck.

playdohman
03-19-2020, 05:50 AM

Thanks guys.

BEWARE OF THIS MAN!

He tried that with me a year or so ago. I forget which book he was selling but he was insisting on a wire payment and when I said no and offered a Paypal payment he cut off the conversation. He was adamant that it had to be a wire payment and had kinds of reasons why he could not do Paypal.

Brian861
03-19-2020, 06:09 AM

Thanks guys.

BEWARE OF THIS MAN!

Sorry as well, Vincent. And with a name like Spittlehouse, guy sounds greasy from the start.

Garrell
03-19-2020, 06:36 AM
I am gonna sell books under the name Saul Goodman.
Sorry to hear that Vincent.

vincent
03-19-2020, 07:35 AM
Thanks guys, it's nice to have this place to get things like these off your chest.

Right now I'm still imagining scenarios of getting back at the SOB, but I should just report, report, report as much as I can, and then clear it out of my head.

Does anyone know if anything at all happens when in a FB marketplace conversation you click "something's wrong" and report the seller as "scam" or "didn't receive anything"?

jeffingoff
03-19-2020, 07:46 AM
Thanks guys, it's nice to have this place to get things like these off your chest.

Right now I'm still imagining scenarios of getting back at the SOB, but I should just report, report, report as much as I can, and then clear it out of my head.

Does anyone know if anything at all happens when in a FB marketplace conversation you click "something's wrong" and report the seller as "scam" or "didn't receive anything"?

Is it at all possible that the magazines are on the way? Could this guy just be a horrible communicator? Not making excuses for him. It sure sounds like he's full of shit and sketchy as hell. I'm just looking for a reason to hope you didn't get screwed over. I think it's great of you to warn us about him.

vincent
03-19-2020, 08:16 AM

Is it at all possible that the magazines are on the way? Could this guy just be a horrible communicator? Not making excuses for him. It sure sounds like he's full of shit and sketchy as hell. I'm just looking for a reason to hope you didn't get screwed over. I think it's great of you to warn us about him.

I've been hoping the same thing, Jeff. And I will definitely post here if the magazines should show up. But there are so many red flags, the most blatant of which are that he removed me from the FB messenger conversation so that I couldn't bother him again, and then when I did send him a new message directly, he replied "The stuff got posted, I'd had a few beers last night and think I pressed some button by mistake, you're showing up alright on my messenger list mate but yesterday your picture in the little round circle was blank? But I assure you your parcel is on it's way and should be with you towards the end of next week, it's all good mate."

And then he blocked me completely. His FB account doesn't even show up if I search for his name on FB.

He does however have a second FB account under just "Paul Spittlehouse". Same guy, I recognize him from the picture. Shady as hell.

jeffingoff
03-19-2020, 08:20 AM

I've been hoping the same thing, Jeff. And I will definitely post here if the magazines should show up. But there are so many red flags, the most blatant of which are that he removed me from the FB messenger conversation so that I couldn't bother him again, and then when I did send him a new message directly, he replied "The stuff got posted, I'd had a few beers last night and think I pressed some button by mistake, you're showing up alright on my messenger list mate but yesterday your picture in the little round circle was blank? But I assure you your parcel is on it's way and should be with you towards the end of next week, it's all good mate."

And then he blocked me completely. His FB account doesn't even show up if I search for his name on FB.

He does however have a second FB account under just "Paul Spittlehouse". Same guy, I recognize him from the picture. Shady as hell.

Well, I'd say you've been more than fair. No seller should act like that. Sorry his name is where spit lives, but that doesn't get him out of living up to his end of the bargain. I hope your magazines show up and his blocking you is just because he's lazy or thin-skinned. But no matter what, people should know about this bad experience and avoid him. Unless his next move is to apologize and refund you.

jeffingoff
03-19-2020, 08:23 AM

Is this the guy?

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200319/67e7043d6a2c338915e109a40666ea41.jpg

vincent
03-19-2020, 08:25 AM
yep

jeffingoff
03-19-2020, 08:29 AM
yep

Seems Mark Jones of Behemoth Rare Books is a mutual friend. So yeah this guy obviously blocked you and didn't just take his profile down.

webstar1000
03-19-2020, 08:33 AM
yep

Seems Mark Jones of Behemoth Rare Books is a mutual friend. So yeah this guy obviously blocked you and didn't just take his profile down.

send Mark a note.

jeffingoff
03-19-2020, 12:12 PM
yep

send Mark a note.

Done

vincent
03-19-2020, 12:21 PM
Done

Thank you! Hans is going to block him from the FB group, and I've also started drafting a report on https://www.actionfraud.police.uk/, a UK police website to report internet fraud. Going to finish and submit that one soon.

Br!an
03-19-2020, 12:24 PM
Done

Thank you! Hans is going to block him from the FB group, and I've also started drafting a report on https://www.actionfraud.police.uk/, a UK police website to report internet fraud. Going to finish and submit that one soon.

:emot-flame:

jeffingoff
03-19-2020, 12:27 PM
Done

:emot-flame:

Mark Jones responded on FB and said he blocked him as well.

andyg75
03-19-2020, 12:39 PM
I found a Paul Spittlehouse on the Rare King Group on FB, so he’s gone from there too now

The Library Policeman
03-19-2020, 12:45 PM
Done

Good stuff, Vincent. Hope they can sort it out for you :thumbsup:

vincent
03-19-2020, 12:53 PM
Thanks everyone! That should make sure he can’t pull this off again in the King community.

And boy would my face be red if a box shows up tomorrow. But it won’t.

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

jeffingoff
03-19-2020, 12:56 PM
Thanks everyone! That should make sure he can’t pull this off again in the King community.

IF it shows up tomorrow, it's still his fault for shutting you out. He left you no choice. That's not how a responsible seller operates.

kingfan2323
03-19-2020, 01:04 PM
Do not FUCK with TDT.ORG Mafia!

Love it!

seeking: anything #246 Dark Tower

Brian861
03-19-2020, 01:28 PM
Do not FUCK with TDT.ORG Mafia!

Love it!

seeking: anything #246 Dark Tower

We are everywhere :evil:

Randall Flagg
03-19-2020, 03:23 PM
https://i.pinimg.com/originals/39/e5/0b/39e50b8c45c7b0d3dece74e391e8d568.png

Br!an
03-19-2020, 03:26 PM

IF it shows up tomorrow, it's still his fault for shutting you out. He left you no choice. That's not how a responsible seller operates.

Exactly!

vincent
03-20-2020, 12:16 AM
thanks again guys, who knew getting ripped off could be so much fun!

Ari_Racing
03-20-2020, 05:47 PM
Sorry to hear that, Vincent. :(

Roseannebarr
03-20-2020, 06:06 PM
Book Dealers-eBay sellers-dt.org buyers/sellers/ to Avoid like the Plague

This thread should be renamed for the next 90 days

Book Dealers-eBay sellers-dt.org buyers/sellers/ to Avoid like the Corona Virus. :rock:

Randall Flagg
03-20-2020, 06:13 PM

Book Dealers-eBay sellers-dt.org buyers/sellers/ to Avoid like the Corona Virus. :rock:

As you wish.

firemonkey66
03-20-2020, 06:56 PM

As you wish.

https://media.giphy.com/media/3o7aTnViCknp75le5a/giphy.gif

Great movie, maybe I'll watch it again while socially isolated:)

vincent
04-21-2020, 11:53 AM
Short update about Spittlehouse: I had filed a report on actionfraud.police.uk, and received a reply from them a few days ago:

"I am sorry to hear you have been a victim of crime. Thank you for taking the time to report to Action Fraud. Your report has been sent to the National Fraud Intelligence Bureau (NFIB) for review.

On this occasion, based on the information currently available, it has not been possible to identify a line of enquiry which a law enforcement organisation in the United Kingdom could pursue."

So that's that, Spittlehouse gets away with it. Oh well, lesson learned I guess, no biggie.

Brian861
04-21-2020, 12:02 PM
Short update about Spittlehouse: I had filed a report on actionfraud.police.uk, and received a reply from them a few days ago:

"I am sorry to hear you have been a victim of crime. Thank you for taking the time to report to Action Fraud. Your report has been sent to the National Fraud Intelligence Bureau (NFIB) for review.

On this occasion, based on the information currently available, it has not been possible to identify a line of enquiry which a law enforcement organisation in the United Kingdom could pursue."

So that's that, Spittlehouse gets away with it. Oh well, lesson learned I guess, no biggie.

Sorry to hear that, Vincent. He's a little, insufficient bug.

jeffingoff
04-21-2020, 12:04 PM

That's awful. Sorry to hear that! I really appreciate you letting all of us know and he's now a marked man thanks to you. Not much of a silver lining, I know.

Garrell
04-21-2020, 12:07 PM
Amazon sucks on delivery at this time due to COVID. Pre ordered If It Bleeds only to find out today that they expect it to get delivered May 20 :( Order cancelled.

Brian861
04-21-2020, 12:22 PM
Amazon sucks on delivery at this time due to COVID. Pre ordered If It Bleeds only to find out today that they expect it to get delivered May 20 :( Order cancelled.

Probably would have been banged up as hell too. Unless it was going to be your reading copy.

Garrell
04-21-2020, 12:24 PM
It was my one and only try at buying books on Amazon.

kingfan2323
04-21-2020, 12:35 PM

Probably would have been banged up as hell too. Unless it was going to be your reading copy.You do not like getting a book in a box 12 times bigger than the book without an ounce of packing material?

seeking: anything DT related #246

Brian861
04-21-2020, 12:39 PM

Probably would have been banged up as hell too. Unless it was going to be your reading copy.You do not like getting a book in a box 12 times bigger than the book without an ounce of packing material?

That always :rock:s

Brian James Freeman
04-21-2020, 01:00 PM
You do not like getting a book in a box 12 times bigger than the book without an ounce of packing material?

Hey, sometimes they also toss in a single Air Cushion or Air Pillow to keep the book company! :nana:

Brian

kingfan2323
04-21-2020, 01:03 PM
You do not like getting a book in a box 12 times bigger than the book without an ounce of packing material?

Hey, sometimes they also toss in a single Air Cushion or Air Pillow to keep the book company! :nana:

BrianThat made me laugh, Brian. Even more insulting than empty. I played a game with them once when I ordered Brother in Trade PB. Just kept ordering Prime and sending them back until I got a perfect copy.

Seven times did the trick.

Brian861
04-21-2020, 02:41 PM

Brian

I believe air cushions are the standard with them. They included one with my outdoor gate hardware that I ordered. Sure glad it keep all those solid metal pieces from getting broke :lol:

amd013
04-21-2020, 03:05 PM
Hmmm, mine is still marked as arriving on Thursday, but its status is not marked as shipped yet.

On mar 22, got notice new delivery date of apr 28,
On Apr 5 got notice there was a delay, and they would send new delivery date
On Apr 12, got notice new deliver date is apr 23.

website still indicates this date.

vincent
04-21-2020, 11:59 PM

Sorry to hear that, Vincent. He's a little, insufficient bug.

That's awful. Sorry to hear that! I really appreciate you letting all of us know and he's now a marked man thanks to you. Not much of a silver lining, I know.

Thanks guys!

amd013
04-24-2020, 08:58 AM
Hmmm, mine is still marked as arriving on Thursday, but its status is not marked as shipped yet.

On mar 22, got notice new delivery date of apr 28,
On Apr 5 got notice there was a delay, and they would send new delivery date
On Apr 12, got notice new deliver date is apr 23.

website still indicates this date.

Well, it actually shipped on apr 23, not arrived, scheduled to arrive on the 26th now.

Aremag
05-01-2020, 08:19 AM
Does anyone know if there is a way to block seeing a specific sellers items? There's this rare-book-cellar on ebay that spams a lot of tremendously overpriced King books every so often and I would love to just not be bothered to see them when he relists them. Unless Dreamcatcher 1/1s are $164.95 and I'm just being foolish.

TnTzDad
05-01-2020, 08:24 AM
Does anyone know if there is a way to block seeing a specific sellers items? There's this rare-book-cellar on ebay that spams a lot of tremendously overpriced King books every so often and I would love to just not be bothered to see them when he relists them. Unless Dreamcatcher 1/1s are $164.95 and I'm just being foolish.

:thumbsup: You are not alone on the thought about this "cellar".

playdohman
05-01-2020, 08:42 AM
Go under Advanced Search. Go to Sellers section, check box for "Only show items from:" and use drop down to select "Exclude" then put in the sellers IDs. I think you can enter more than one with a comma as the separator.

darkseer
05-01-2020, 08:47 AM
Does that mean, I won't have to see anymore Zubar items :)

Br!an
05-01-2020, 08:49 AM

You can't simply block him. You can use the advanced search function and run your search excluding that seller. Save the search and it will appear in your saved searches list effectively blocking the seller.

Aremag
05-01-2020, 08:55 AM
Thanks for the info!

Brian861
05-01-2020, 01:58 PM

That would be a crying shame.

darkseer
05-01-2020, 02:37 PM

That would be a crying shame.

:emot-roflolmao:

Johnny007
05-17-2020, 09:46 AM
Yesterday, for the first time ever, I requested a refund for a SK-related purchase from an eBay seller. It was inexpensive (less than $200 including tax and shipping) so I won't be torn up if I don't get a refund. But I am upset that I now have to go through hassle of repacking, make arrangements for posting the parcel and generally wasting my time because the seller was not honest with the description of the item. They had hundreds and hundreds of 100% positive remarks. So I trusted the seller.

They described a lot (MPP unsigned) as Near Mint to Mint and showed pictures that one would believe that the lot was actually as described. I was really excited to get this copy bc I needed the slipcase for one of my inscribed copies. But when I unwrapped the bubble wrap, I immediately noticed soiling on the bottom of the slipcase. The soiling was also present on the top. The corners were beginning to fray and one was already slightly torn. I was upset and angry. Did they think a buyer would overlook that? Or is that their understanding of a description of NM/M?

I've been fortunate in my eBay dealings to date. I've been happy that all of the SK books I've bought have been as advertised. But I just don't understand how anyone could try to pawn off a book like this and think they would be successful. I'll know within a week what the result will be. Hoping for the best but not holding my breath.

John

Randall Flagg
05-17-2020, 10:23 AM
I'm sure ebay will rule in your favor. Presuming they do, you can use ebay to print the shipping label (which when delivered to the seller triggers ebay to refund you).

Brian861
05-17-2020, 10:27 AM
The biggest hassle is returning the item but all my returns have been successful. I don't think you'll have a problem getting your money back.

firemonkey66
05-17-2020, 11:47 AM
Yesterday, for the first time ever, I requested a refund for a SK-related purchase from an eBay seller. It was inexpensive (less than $200 including tax and shipping) so I won't be torn up if I don't get a refund. But I am upset that I now have to go through hassle of repacking, make arrangements for posting the parcel and generally wasting my time because the seller was not honest with the description of the item. They had hundreds and hundreds of 100% positive remarks. So I trusted the seller.

They described a lot (MPP unsigned) as Near Mint to Mint and showed pictures that one would believe that the lot was actually as described. I was really excited to get this copy bc I needed the slipcase for one of my inscribed copies. But when I unwrapped the bubble wrap, I immediately noticed soiling on the bottom of the slipcase. The soiling was also present on the top. The corners were beginning to fray and one was already slightly torn. I was upset and angry. Did they think a buyer would overlook that? Or is that their understanding of a description of NM/M?

I've been fortunate in my eBay dealings to date. I've been happy that all of the SK books I've bought have been as advertised. But I just don't understand how anyone could try to pawn off a book like this and think they would be successful. I'll know within a week what the result will be. Hoping for the best but not holding my breath.

John

You’re lucky it’s only happened once, John! A lot of sellers on eBay don’t know how to accurately describe condition. I’ve had to return quite a few books over the years, and I DESPISE having to do it because of wrong, sloppy, or deceptive condition description. It is a hassle that’s 100% avoidable if the seller is honest and knows what they’re doing. But that’s one of the only benefits of eBay, if you get something that isn’t as described, eBay reliably sides with the buyer. I’ve never had eBay reject an ‘item not as described’ case. Of course, that’s also one of the problems with eBay from a sellers perspective. Nothing is worse than being honest and knowing what you’re doing, only to have some eBay scammer fuck you over by purposefully working the eBay buyer protection policies.

ur2ndbiggestfan
05-17-2020, 12:04 PM
As a co-ink-a-dental, I bought what was pictured as a signed Harlan Ellison book on E-Bay about a month ago, was sent an unsigned trade edition in a very flimsy package, had to wait three weeks (because of the virus slowdowns) for an ink cartridge for my printer to print a return label, although I was still well within the return window, printed the label, took the package to the post office last week, and had it put in my mailbox yesterday, although it was clearly addressed to the original sender!

Now I have to go back to the post office tomorrow to straighten it out all over again, and I have until the 20th to return it! It's less than 40 bucks, but what a hassle.

tippy4
05-17-2020, 01:19 PM

John

This is a sore subject to me.....especially if it is related to damage occurring due to poor packaging.

Many sellers think that when the have given you your money back....you are indemnified (hey kids....that's the secret word of the day)....but you are not. The hassle of filing the claim, sending pictures, repacking and shipping the book back...possibly a trip to the post office....and then tracking it and badgering them for your refund......all of which could have been avoided if they had either packed (or in your case) described the item correctly. ...is a waste of your valuable time.

I think ebay needs to implement a "Douchebag Penalty Fee" where the buyer gets paid $10 when this happens.

Sorry for the language folks....I'm in a snit today.

Randall Flagg
05-17-2020, 01:41 PM
No need to worry. Most members aren't offended. For the internet it's very tame.

Garrell
05-17-2020, 04:06 PM
Jerome’s avatar’s as of late are disturbing. The new one is also.

vincent
05-17-2020, 09:15 PM

John

This is a sore subject to me.....especially if it is related to damage occurring due to poor packaging.

Many sellers think that when the have given you your money back....you are indemnified (hey kids....that's the secret word of the day)....but you are not. The hassle of filing the claim, sending pictures, repacking and shipping the book back...possibly a trip to the post office....and then tracking it and badgering them for your refund......all of which could have been avoided if they had either packed (or in your case) described the item correctly. ...is a waste of your valuable time.

I think ebay needs to implement a "Douchebag Penalty Fee" where the buyer gets paid $10 when this happens.

A Frank Zappa reference always brightens my day!

Garrell
05-18-2020, 09:03 AM
Had an interesting one today. A book listed at $37.98 had a make offer button. I made an offer at $35. He later countered at $45. What the...?

Patrick
05-18-2020, 10:16 AM
Had an interesting one today. A book listed at $37.98 had a make offer button. I made an offer at $35. He later countered at $45. What the...?
Someone is unclear on the concept. :doh:

ELazansky
05-18-2020, 10:55 AM
I’ve seen these more and more lately. Instead of being a Buy it Now with a best offer option, it is an auction with a best offer. So if they start the auction at $35, you could offer $50 to get the seller to end the auction early. If they don’t accept, they will let the auction go hoping to make that amount or more.

kingfan2323
05-18-2020, 11:39 AM
I’ve seen these more and more lately. Instead of being a Buy it Now with a best offer option, it is an auction with a best offer. So if they start the auction at $35, you could offer $50 to get the seller to end the auction early. If they don’t accept, they will let the auction go hoping to make that amount or more.You could also make an offer for $2 and they can accept. The second someone bids the "best offer" option goes away.

Garrell
05-18-2020, 11:40 AM
I got his last one for starting bid and I bet it happens again, I will wait the six days :)

firemonkey66
05-18-2020, 01:31 PM
I had something similar happen a while back on a Stephen King book. It was an auction for a book that had already been listed a few times at the same 'too high' price with no bidders. So I offered a little less than the auction started at since it was obvious (to me, anyway) that it wasn't going to get a bid at the starting price. The seller counteroffered with something idiotic, like 200 dollars higher than the auction start price. I declined the counteroffer with a message that basically amounted to me laughing at him/her.

Brian861
05-18-2020, 01:49 PM
I like it when they counteroffer with a buck off the asking price. Helluva a deal to be had there :rolleyes:

Garrell
05-18-2020, 01:55 PM
I'll just use auction sniper and get it at asking price. He has relisted it a few times. It is what I did on his other item.

firemonkey66
05-18-2020, 02:24 PM
I like it when they counteroffer with a buck off the asking price. Helluva a deal to be had there :rolleyes:

Haha, ya what is that? I feel like if you put the 'best offer' option on your item, you need to be willing to accept at least 10% less than what you've listed the item for. Otherwise, what's the point? But just like you, I bump somewhat frequently into sellers that are basically insulted that I'm offering lower than the asking price; coming back with counteroffers that are like less than 1% different from the asking price. If you don't want to get reasonable offers via best offer, then don't offer the fucking option!

Brian861
05-18-2020, 02:31 PM

Haha, ya what is that? I feel like if you put the 'best offer' option on your item, you need to be willing to accept at least 10% less than what you've listed the item for. Otherwise, what's the point? But just like you, I bump somewhat frequently into sellers that are basically insulted that I'm offering lower than the asking price; coming back with counteroffers that are like less than 1% different from the asking price. If you don't want to get reasonable offers via best offer, then don't offer the fucking option!

Exactly! I'll usually start an offer around 70% or so of asking price for wiggle room. The sellers who aren't idiots realize this and a good deal can be had by all with a good counteroffer. But it definitely offends the hell out of others. Tools are only as good as the people using them.

vincent
03-20-2021, 01:10 PM
Here's a fun postscript to my experience last year of being scammed by a "Paul James Spittlehouse" on facebook. I just added this King inscription to my site signed & dated:

https://www.signedanddated.info/images/1993/3-6-93-GG-MatthewBarker.jpg

BEWARE OF THIS MAN!

wizardsrainbow
04-01-2021, 06:26 AM
AVOID:

Lenny Adamson - Marblehead MA
Sam Hanscom Salem MA
John Carr (also Salem MA)

Sam and John are same person I believe (at same Salem address)....I know I do biz basackwards and ship before payment (it is the Midwest boy in me and my character flaw to please people)...but I've been stiffed twice now (and not a small amount either)...99%+ of my customers are wonderful, but those mentioned above have disappeared without paying me.

bdwyer19
04-01-2021, 06:29 AM
That’s awful. Sorry to hear that happened David.

webstar1000
04-01-2021, 06:34 AM
AVOID:

Sam Hanscom Salem MA

Sam and John are same person I believe (at same Salem address)....I know I do biz basackwards and ship before payment (it is the Midwest boy in me and my character flaw to please people)...but I've been stiffed twice now (and not a small amount either)...99%+ of my customers are wonderful, but those mentioned above have disappeared without paying me.

FUCK. That drives me. Don't ship anything without payment... cause there is even dicks in the book world. I have checked the member list at Rare King and none of them are there... BUT A John Carr tried to join the group about a month or so ago from a new account. I will be watching brother

Ari_Racing
04-01-2021, 06:45 AM
I'm sorry to hear that, David. 😞

herbertwest
04-01-2021, 07:24 AM
AVOID:

Sam Hanscom Salem MA

I am very sorry for you David.
Any chance that somehow you can file a police report or something?

cit74
04-01-2021, 07:29 AM
AVOID:

Sam Hanscom Salem MA

David - would you ever consider asking buyers for 20-40% payment before shipping? any regulars who buy from you would most likely have no problems with this - we expect to pay the amount anyway...at least you would then have a payment or payment info as well and would help to weed out the baddies

Dolan
04-01-2021, 09:04 AM
AVOID:

Sam Hanscom Salem MA

I seriously would kick someones ass for David.

webstar1000
04-01-2021, 10:05 AM
AVOID:

Sam Hanscom Salem MA

100%

andyg75
04-01-2021, 10:34 AM
AVOID:

Sam Hanscom Salem MA

David - would you ever consider asking buyers for 20-40% payment before shipping? any regulars who buy from you would most likely have no problems with this - we expect to pay the amount anyway...at least you would then have a payment or payment info as well and would help to weed out the baddies

Personally, I would have no problem sending the money for the book once David has confirmed I’ve got it: the beautiful word ‘yours’ in an email, and then pay the shipping costs separately once he has created the label. Or paying in full once the label is created, and if you don’t pay within say 48 hours, the item is released back onto the page as available.

I know it’s a little more work, but at least you wouldn’t get stiffed by non-paying pricks

qzyksw
04-01-2021, 12:09 PM
AVOID:

Sam Hanscom Salem MA

Sorry to hear that. That is awful.

But I will assure you....if i would ever be able to win the ability to buy from you...I would more than happy pay you before shipment. Yes I think of buying from you as a contest and winning. Right now I am in the biggest loser category!!! :)

playdohman
04-01-2021, 01:37 PM
AVOID:

Sam Hanscom Salem MA

If the books are unique enough, rare or identifiable, let us know what they are and we can keep on eye out for them.

Dolan
04-01-2021, 02:56 PM
AVOID:

Sam Hanscom Salem MA

If the books are unique enough, rare or identifiable, let us know what they are and we can keep on eye out for them.

This is actually a great idea. We should have this items red flagged as stolen.

herbertwest
04-02-2021, 12:17 AM
But that book may not appear online for sale for years. Nor ever.
eg that Slinger that was *lost* in shipping on David

I guess that it's a lot easier to David to ship before payment, when dealing with dozens / hundreds of sells at a time, but it creates situation like this.
I would really encourage David not to send before having the money. And I think that this is absolutely fair. Most people do that, and there is no reason to get upset at that

OldCrow88
04-02-2021, 03:16 AM
Vicious part of me says: David has friends in many places, I'm sure if he doxxed the shipping addresses visits could be arranged. Fatalistic part of me heavy sighs and says this is why we can't have nice things.

DoctorZaius
04-02-2021, 03:48 AM
But that book may not appear online for sale for years. Nor ever.
eg that Slinger that was *lost* in shipping on David

I guess that it's a lot easier to David to ship before payment, when dealing with dozens / hundreds of sells at a time, but it creates situation like this.
I would really encourage David not to send before having the money. And I think that this is absolutely fair. Most people do that, and there is no reason to get upset at that

I agree. As a consumer, I am always willing to pay in order to have the goods sent to me. It seems to be the natural order of a purchase. Most do it that way here via PayPal F/F.

ajw2910
04-02-2021, 05:09 AM
It’s crazy how some folks are wired. I would never even think to have David ship without payment and then not pay. I haven’t been lucky enough (or fast enough) to get something from these consignments, but if it suddenly showed up my first thought would be “oh, I didn’t even pay yet, where do I send payment”. It may be a pain for him, but he needs to get money up front before sending product. That will keep these idiots from doing it again hopefully.

webstar1000
04-02-2021, 05:38 AM
It’s crazy how some folks are wired. I would never even think to have David ship without payment and then not pay. I haven’t been lucky enough (or fast enough) to get something from these consignments, but if it suddenly showed up my first thought would be “oh, I didn’t even pay yet, where do I send payment”. It may be a pain for him, but he needs to get money up front before sending product. That will keep these idiots from doing it again hopefully.

Agreed. I have never had him ship me a thing without his cash first. AND I make sure I pay him so Horst get charged fees. Damm near 3% or more on all platforms AND this guy operates at a 15% margin. Plus his storage, packing materials and time. Losing this money hurts when your margins are that low.

M_O_O_N
04-02-2021, 07:34 AM
Vicious part of me says: David has friends in many places, I'm sure if he doxxed the shipping addresses visits could be arranged...

3-7-77

Patrick
04-03-2021, 08:47 AM
AVOID:

Sam Hanscom Salem MA

100%
Occasionally I’ve shipped to other collectors that I don’t know really well as an act of faith while waiting for payment. I haven’t been burned and it really angers me that our brother David has. So save me a seat on the road trip, boys!

GenericEric
04-07-2021, 03:23 PM
You really have to be some sort of sociopath do that to someone. If karma exists, let it find them.

Dolan
04-07-2021, 06:13 PM
You really have to be some sort of sociopath do that to someone. If karma exists, let it find them.

But more so to a kind man. That's what pisses me off. Scam me. Cool, I get it. Don't scam him.

amd013
08-19-2021, 09:11 AM
Add davidmcdphotos on ebay to the list.

On Aug 4th I won an auction for a 1/150 Colorado Kid and an ARC for it. The seller was from Canada but it indicated international shipping.

Within a minute of winning the auction I went to pay for it and got an error that seller won't ship to Texas. The message indicated I could either change the address, or request a total from the seller. I tried to request the total but ebay said it could not send the message.

So I used the contact seller button and told him that I got the error message, and he replied back that he was "absolutely prepared to ship to Texas" and asked that I contact CS. He also suggested that I pay directly to his paypal account, but I felt nervous about that. I then contacted CS. They said there was an error on his end, that he forgot to check some box (I don't know the details, since I have never sold on ebay). They told me to ask him to cancel the order and set up a buy it now action for me, but since I got it for a good price I was affaid he might try to just start another auction.

I emailed him and suggested that I pay the paypal, but I still needed to know the shipping cost. He came back with a very hostile message. He claimed he called CS and they told him the error was on my end that I didn't set up my payment properly (It never got to payment, was still stuck on shipping address). He called me a deadbeat and a fraud and was going to video tape the packing so I couldn't claim it came damaged and . At this time the auction had ended only 9hrs earlier.

I contacted CS again (this time via chat so I could have a log of the conversation). The said that all he needed to do was send me a "manual invoice". I replied back and asked why he was being so hostile and gave him the info from CS and included screenshots of the error messages and the CS chat log.

He replied back the next night and apologized explaining he had been out of work for a year and others had scammed him. He said he would try to send the invoice in the morning (that would have been Aug 7). That is the last I heard of him. Sent a reminder about 3 days ago. Contacted CS again, and they just said I should cancel the item and look for another one.

I even tried to do him a favor. Although I won two books, I was only interested in one, and only bid what I was willing to pay for that one book, so I told him he could keep the ARC since I don't collect them.

So do you think I should cancel it, or just let it ride in case he finally responds?

Randall Flagg
08-19-2021, 10:03 AM
Cancel.

webstar1000
08-19-2021, 10:12 AM
Cancel. Im with RF.

Br!an
08-19-2021, 12:29 PM
Cancel

amd013
08-20-2021, 09:22 AM
thanks, I will cancel.

Anyone know how to cancel the item?

I only see :

Pay now button,
View seller's other items
More actions -> Request total
Mark as payment sent
Leave feedback
Contact seller
Return this item
I didn't receive it
View similar items
Sell this item
Save this seller
Hide item

namelessnpoor
08-20-2021, 10:54 AM
thanks, I will cancel.

I only see :

Pay now button,
Mark as payment sent
Leave feedback
Contact seller
Return this item
I didn't receive it
View similar items
Sell this item
Save this seller
Hide item

Not sure if you are using a mobile device, I have learned that some things can't be done unless you are in the full site and not the mobile version. Had the same issue trying to do some things on PayPal. Certain things were only avaliable on the full site

amd013
08-20-2021, 11:35 AM
thanks, I will cancel.

I only see :

Pay now button,
Mark as payment sent
Leave feedback
Contact seller
Return this item
I didn't receive it
View similar items
Sell this item
Save this seller
Hide item

Not sure if you are using a mobile device, I have learned that some things can't be done unless you are in the full site and not the mobile version. Had the same issue trying to do some things on PayPal. Certain things were only avaliable on the full site

After reading some FAQ's, sounds like only way is to contact seller and ask them to cancel. Seems stupid.

2ndGenFan
10-12-2021, 04:48 PM
I won an auction for the orange and yellow “leather bound” version of The Stand, sold by keifo_65, on 9/22. I remembered seeing that if I bid on the item, shipping would be delayed, so I wasn’t too concerned that it was taking awhile to ship. Two and a half weeks later, on 10/9, I was sent a refund.

Since the seller had never contacted me once, I was irritated and sent a snarky comment about how I’d at least be inclined to offer an explanation if I had to issue a buyer a refund. I got a reply that said, “Well you got your money back. Piss off.”

Now, sure, I probably opened myself up for that one...however, I’d be more inclined - as a seller - to be a bit more professional. For a $21 purchase (that I DID get back), I wasn’t screwed over or anything, but I thought I’d throw the name out there so that everyone’s warned before dealing with this person. Personally, I prefer to treat buyers the way I’d want to be treated.

herbertwest
12-11-2021, 12:01 PM
Anybody else that buyers should be aware of? :)

kingfan2323
03-08-2022, 04:16 PM
I did not think that a long time member here would steal from another member but unfortunately it has happened to me. In the interest of protecting other members I wanted to mention it. After receiving a book from him (Cook), that did not meet the F or NF criteria due to obvious fading/browning to the dustjacket, I promptly let him know and paid the post to return it. The member decided to refuse my refund and keep my money. He even said if I gave him $8 he would send the book back to me or "otherwise quit bothering me." Here is a pic below that I showed him to illustrate the obvious discoloration compared to my, already slightly browning copy. I Just simply wanted my money back and did not even hesitate to pay shipping on the return.

I ALWAYS want to make sure any buyer is happy with what I sell them so was obviously stunned by the theft. The book collecting world is tiny so trust and honesty is a big deal to most of us. Be careful on here and I think most of us assumed we had a safe buying space. Sad.
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20220309/734b7b8be76941b1294f662a390fd27d.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

kingfan2323
03-08-2022, 04:17 PM
I did not think that a long time member here would steal from another member but unfortunately it has happened to me. In the interest of protecting other members I wanted to mention it. After receiving a book from him (Cook), that did not meet the F or NF criteria due to obvious fading/browning to the dustjacket, I promptly let him know and paid the post to return it. The member decided to refuse my refund and keep my money. He even said if I gave him $8 he would send the book back to me or "otherwise quit bothering me." Here is a pic below that I showed him to illustrate the obvious discoloration compared to my, already slightly browning copy. I Just simply wanted my money back and did not even hesitate to pay shipping on the return.

I ALWAYS want to make sure any buyer is happy with what I sell them so was obviously stunned by the theft. The book collecting world is tiny so trust and honesty is a big deal to most of us. Be careful on here and I think most of us assumed we had a safe buying space. Sad.
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20220309/fb088a223855835bb8acc48e651bb81c.jpg

namelessnpoor
03-08-2022, 04:26 PM

Would help others to not be ripped off if we knew who the person was?

kingfan2323
03-08-2022, 04:27 PM

Would help others to not be ripped off if we knew who the person was?Indeed. It is In the message.

namelessnpoor
03-08-2022, 04:36 PM

Would help others to not be ripped off if we knew who the person was?Indeed. It is In the message.

Sure is...sorry. Read that thing twice and missed it twice.
Thank you.

Cook
03-08-2022, 05:17 PM
Lol,
It's not my fault that you're an ignorant rude dumbass, you should probably tell the whole story.. what a tool.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20220211/76d6fca3272da5a1273218f07bd8aa78.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20220211/c2be9abd3e81b9af29a12001c62835f6.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20220211/8ce9b64afbd11ee4c37ed990e4480d6a.jpg

Like I said, pay me for shipping and I will send you your book back, you own it.

kingfan2323
03-08-2022, 06:15 PM
Definitely told the whole story. More Pics above that show the fading I referred to . Helps illustrate my point. Perfect. Stealing money from a collector is the rough part. Like I said. Sad.

darkseer
03-08-2022, 08:25 PM
I've noticed some people can be more generous in the grading of a book. For myself if someone is unhappy with something I sell, I'll refund them.

kingfan2323
03-08-2022, 08:30 PM
I've noticed some people can be more generous in the grading of a book. For myself if someone is unhappy with something I sell, I'll refund them.Could not agree more. I want people to be happy with the book. I love knowing the new owner will cherish it. Definitely could not imagine stealing from a fellow collector.

GenericEric
03-08-2022, 08:43 PM
I don't get it, if you were willing to pay for return shipping why wouldn't he just refund you and then return the book? Seems like pretty common selling etiquette.

For whatever reason, if anyone has a problem with something I sold them I always try to work things out in civil manner. Assuming no details were left out, this is a pretty scummy thing to do.

kingfan2323
03-08-2022, 11:15 PM
I don't get it, if you were willing to pay for return shipping why wouldn't he just refund you and then return the book? Seems like pretty common selling etiquette.

For whatever reason, if anyone has a problem with something I sold them I always try to work things out in civil manner. Assuming no details were left out, this is a pretty scummy thing to do.Good point. And I actually did pay for shipping and send the book back. Then he ghosted me for two weeks after he got it. After 3 messages and emails found out he was stealing the money. Said I could send him $8 and he would ship the book I already showed as flawed back to me? Weird.

On a lighter note, Eric. You have obviously been doing the right things. It has been fun seeing you slowly gain the trust of collectors, treat people well, and sell a lot of books. Have heard good things. Congrats.

mmalling
03-09-2022, 03:36 AM

For whatever reason, if anyone has a problem with something I sold them I always try to work things out in civil manner. Assuming no details were left out, this is a pretty scummy thing to do.

I agree Eric, I understand "buyer beware", but as a (comparatively smalltime) seller myself I've been on both sides of this same situation. IMO not returning the book is just short-sighted. You may keep the money but loose out on many possible future deals. Just doesn't make sense.

Merlin1958
03-09-2022, 04:37 AM
Cook, is generally a solid seller in my experience. Very fair individual. I suspect there is more to the story than is relayed here.

kingfan2323
03-09-2022, 05:23 AM
Cook, is generally a solid seller in my experience. Very fair individual. I suspect there is more to the story than is relayed here.Fantastic that he has been generally a solid seller in your experience but does not change anything I have said. And your suspicion is not correct unfortunately. His only defense has been:

"Lol,

It's not my fault that you're an ignorant rude dumbass, you should probably tell the whole story.. what a tool."

And:

"Like I said, pay me for shipping and I will send you your book back, you own it."

Followed by more pics I sent him supporting the fading I claimed in the first place that to him, apparently is the "whole story" Confused on that.

That was his defense on another thread here.
Doesn't really sound like a fair individual.

I was not satisfied with book (for obvious reasons shown in pics), paid return shipping, sent it back to him, he has book (which i do not want), and has kept my money. All facts.

webstar1000
03-09-2022, 05:47 AM
Cook, is generally a solid seller in my experience. Very fair individual. I suspect there is more to the story than is relayed here.Fantastic that he has been generally a solid seller in your experience but does not change anything I have said. And your suspicion is not correct unfortunately. His only defense has been:

"Lol,

It's not my fault that you're an ignorant rude dumbass, you should probably tell the whole story.. what a tool."

And:

"Like I said, pay me for shipping and I will send you your book back, you own it."

Followed by more pics I sent him supporting the fading I claimed in the first place.

That was his defense on another thread here.
Doesn't really sound like a fair individual.

I was not satisfied with book (for obvious reasons), paid return shipping, sent it back to him, he has book (which i do not want), and has kept my money. All facts.

I have dealt with Cook many times. He is old school but always done me right. Saying this..... what I am seeing is flat out wrong. I sell A LOT of books. Many of you know this. FOR ANY REASON (and I dont care what it is) you can return a book. I took one back last week cause the girl didn't clic on the pics and see the damage... or read the whole post where it stated the issues... BUT I took it back. I even paid her shipping both ways. Why? She will come to me for life. Has thanked me profusely. Im at a loss here why Richard is doing this to you and I am saddened to ready it about a long time member and guy I have worked with many times. The mark of a great business / company is how they handle these issues. I pride myself in this and the others that do? Succeed as well. I hope this works out but at this point you are owed both book/shipping cost and a public apology.

Cook
03-09-2022, 06:38 AM
Sorry, I realized I forgot to post this here as well.

Lol,
It's not my fault that you're an ignorant rude dumbass, you should probably tell the whole story.. what a tool.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20220211/76d6fca3272da5a1273218f07bd8aa78.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20220211/c2be9abd3e81b9af29a12001c62835f6.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20220211/8ce9b64afbd11ee4c37ed990e4480d6a.jpg

Like I said, pay me for shipping and I will send you your book back, you own it.

kingfan2323
03-09-2022, 07:16 AM
Above pics definitely show issues well. Perfect. Extreme fading to jacket flaps. Slight fading to white areas of cover and back photo.

Just reasonably want refund.

Merlin1958
03-09-2022, 08:05 AM
For the record, just how many threads and posts do you intend to carry on about this issue? If Rich told you to fuck off I am sure it was for good reason. My own past dealings with you as a seller were not exactly pleasant. You can ve a bit harsh and unreasonable at times, dude.

kingfan2323
03-09-2022, 08:21 AM
For the record, just how many threads and posts do you intend to carry on about this issue? If Rich told you to fuck off I am sure it was for good reason. My own past dealings with you as a seller were not exactly pleasant. You can ve a bit harsh and unreasonable at times, dude.What specific incident are you referring to where i was not pleasant or reasonable? Must have not been very traumatic if you didn't mention it in your first uninformed post. Has Cook stated a good reason? He has had plenty of opportunity.
I put it on three threads. The buy/sell threads. To protect buyers from theft. Completely reasonable.

GenericEric
03-09-2022, 10:21 AM

For whatever reason, if anyone has a problem with something I sold them I always try to work things out in civil manner. Assuming no details were left out, this is a pretty scummy thing to do.Good point. And I actually did pay for shipping and send the book back. Then he ghosted me for two weeks after he got it. After 3 messages and emails found out he was stealing the money. Said I could send him $8 and he would ship the book I already showed as flawed back to me? Weird.

On a lighter note, Eric. You have obviously been doing the right things. It has been fun seeing you slowly gain the trust of collectors, treat people well, and sell a lot of books. Have heard good things. Congrats.

Thank you, I appreciate the kind words.

As for Cook, I'm just curious why you're not willing to refund his money if he wasn't satisfied with the purchase and he's already sent it back to you? You've yet to give a clear answer on this.

herbertwest
03-10-2022, 05:28 AM
Putting the selling/return/behavior discussion aside :

I am not really sure which of the two covers is faded. I guess it's the bottom one, that seem a bit more yellow.
If there was no picture of two DJ put next to each other, and/or I didn't have a copy, I would argue that I wouldn't have known if there was an issue with the DJ. And guessed that it could very well have been what the DJ of this book look like.

Which doesnt mean that the buyer cannot change his mind or want to return the book. A totally different subject IMO, especially since I don't believe that a first edition of this novel is particularly valuable

drewfin87
03-10-2022, 05:45 AM

I am not really sure which of the two covers is faded. I guess it's the bottom one, that seem a bit more yellow.
If there was no picture of two DJ put next to each other, and/or I didn't have a copy, I would argue that I wouldn't have known if there was an issue with the DJ. And guessed that it could very well have been what the DJ of this book look like.

Which doesnt mean that the buyer cannot change his mind or want to return the book. A totally different subject IMO, especially since I don't believe that a first edition of this novel is particularly valuable

I agree, was it a signed Tommyknockers? Or just a first edition? Because a first edition is worth like $15…Especially if you already have a copy, I don’t believe it is an issue to lose sleep over.

Cook
03-10-2022, 06:35 AM
I'll have time this weekend to respond to all the trashing & accusations, otherwise folks carry on.
(regarding the "TOMMY" heist)

kingfan2323
03-10-2022, 07:10 AM

Which doesnt mean that the buyer cannot change his mind or want to return the book. A totally different subject IMO, especially since I don't believe that a first edition of this novel is particularly valuable But we do have pics to compare which makes the issue obvious in this case. A seller may not think a dust jacket is damaged from fading/yellowing but if you find out it is, be humble and honest with the new information, and make it right. Right?

And regarding the value? It is the principal, obviously. https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20220310/7c543a2272268b34d313998ba63c8d2f.jpg

kingfan2323
03-10-2022, 07:15 AM

I agree, was it a signed Tommyknockers? Or just a first edition? Because a first edition is worth like $15…Especially if you already have a copy, I don’t believe it is an issue to lose sleep over.It wasn't $15. And it is the principal of the thing regarding getting ripped off .

kingfan2323
03-10-2022, 07:23 AM
I'll have time this weekend to respond to all the trashing & accusations, otherwise folks carry on.
(regarding the "TOMMY" heist)Why wait the weekend to simply state why you justify keeping my money? Should take one sentence. Sent me the book, I wasn't satisfied for obvious reasons, messaged you regarding issue, paid return shipping, sent book back, and you ghosted me and kept money. Those are the facts. You are refusing to pay me back because?

And it is not The "Tommy" Heist. It's money. You stole Money.

Tommy
03-10-2022, 07:38 AM
Oh don't drag me into this, I'm already depressed enough!! :panic:

darkseer
03-10-2022, 07:51 AM
:emot-roflolmao::emot-roflolmao::emot-roflolmao:

Merlin1958
03-10-2022, 08:16 AM
(regarding the "TOMMY" heist)Why wait the weekend to simply state why you justify keeping my money? Should take one sentence. Sent me the book, I wasn't satisfied for obvious reasons, messaged you regarding issue, paid return shipping, sent book back, and you ghosted me and kept money. Those are the facts. You are refusing to pay me back because?

Jesus Christ!!! You do go on don't you?? At this point, PM me an address and I'll send you the money just to get you to STFU!!! LOL

Cook
03-13-2022, 08:02 AM

Ok, below are the posts of our transaction:

02-02-2022 04:42 PM
(Bryan posted)
Hopefully I can get some help. SEEKING F or NF copies of
Different Seasons, Danse Macabre, and Tommyknockers (gold font) U.S. firsts.

02-03-2022 09:35 AM
(Cook posted) also (posted cover pic on DT.org)
Bryan,
I have an extra Goldleaf Font TommyKnockers NF (gold looks subdued thru dustjacket) it's real. PM offer if you want it, please let me know if you don't.
Thanks

02-03-2022 10:33 AM
(Bryan posted)
Hey Richard,
Hope you are well. Thanks for contacting me.. May I ask what flaws it has?
Thanks a lot,
Bryan

**(Cook posted)**
Bryan,
I sorta assumed you were "mostly" looking for a gold intact Jacket. yes? No?
The books themselves are really a dime a dozen. Nice gold intact jackets are whats hard to find
Anyways.. the book itself has no bumped corners, no stamps, stickers or writing of any kind, appears unread.. although I can guarantee that. (not the 1st owner)
Jacket has a brodart, appears undamaged thru brodart, gold looks exceptional.
In today's market I would grade as an overall NF.
Richard

02-03-2022 11:10 AM
(Bryan posted)
Cool. Can we do $35 shipped? I'm in California.
If that is ok I can send it p.p. What is your paypal email ?
Bryan Humphreys
XXX W. Xth St.
XXXXXX ca 95XXX

02-03-2022 12:10 PM
(Cook posted)
Bryan,
best I can do is 58 shipped.
I'm pretty sure they'll have some on ebay in the 35 range.
Richard

02-03-2022 11:13 AM
(Bryan posted)
I can do $58. P.P. ?
Thanks,
Bryan

So kingfan2323, exactly, how did I steal your money?

kingfan2323
03-13-2022, 08:16 AM
EASY
"Jacket has a brodart, appears undamaged thru brodart, gold looks exceptional."

Jacket is damaged. Not undamaged. Every honest person can see that.

* Buyer not satisfied with book, you should refund their money. *

You left out stuff and order is wrong. But doesn't matter..

I paid for return shipping and returned book to you and you refuse to refund me and are keeping my money. You are a thief. EVERY single objective, honest person can see that and deal with you at their own risk.

Cook
03-13-2022, 08:34 AM
EASY

You refuse to refund me. And to keep my money. You are a thief. EVERY single objective, honest person can see that and deal with you at their own risk.

"What stuff" "What Order is wrong" it does matter.

kingfan2323
03-13-2022, 08:43 AM
EASY

You refuse to refund me. And to keep my money. You are a thief. EVERY single objective, honest person can see that and deal with you at their own risk.

"What stuff" "What Order is wrong" it does matter.Well for starters. . . The message where you clearly admit the browning is an issue (attached pic). You are asking my hypothesis on what? Oh yeah. . . the clear browning/yellowing of dust jacket. No need to ask any opinion on what is clear to anyone or hypothesize on what makes white paper products turn brown. And the messages i sent to you for two weeks that you ignored and you kept the money and book. But this is what matters:

If a buyer is not satisfied, and returned book, then refund their money.

I paid for return shipping and returned book to you and you refuse to refund me and are keeping my money. You are a thief. EVERY single objective, honest person can see that and deal with you at their own risk.

Done.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20220313/5e2b72a23a5407125892791a71bf8808.jpg

Cook
03-13-2022, 09:15 AM
I wanted other opinions on the fading issue.
"I was the one" who asked "you" to post the pictures (all of them) on the site for discussion.
You immediately did not,
instead you very quickly sent the book back to me before any discussion. (see below)

02-11-2022 03:06 PM
(Cook posted)
Bryan,
I have no clue what you're talking about.. Browning??
Richard

(Bryan posted)
When white becomes brown. Pics attached.
Tracking number is:

You're trying to claim I intentionally knew there was a natural fading issue and tried to hide it.

I asked you a very pointed question at the beginning of all this (see post w/asterisks)

**(Cook posted)**
Bryan,
The books themselves are really a dime a dozen. Nice gold intact jackets are whats hard to find
Anyways.. the book itself has no bumped corners, no stamps, stickers or writing of any kind, appears unread.. although I can guarantee that. (not the 1st owner)
Jacket has a brodart, appears undamaged thru brodart, gold looks exceptional.
In today's market I would grade as an overall NF.
Richard

You didn't respond in any way to my question.

I have a question, maybe you can answer this one..
If the single most important thing to you was that the jacket be "absolutely white", why didn't you state that at the beginning when I asked:

I never in any of the conversation said:
"Hey Bryan,
Why don't I send you this book for your absolute final approval in case we missed anything"

kingfan2323
03-13-2022, 09:42 AM

Cook
03-13-2022, 10:05 AM

As I stated before, I will send you your book back when you send me a Postal M.O. for $5.08

Moving forward..
Jerome, if you feel I'm the wrong party here, then ban me for life.

Kingfan2323 (Bryan)
I will never ever for any reason, purchase this book back from you.
I will never ever send this book back to you until you send me shipping cost I mentioned above"

I will also put out another blanket offer to anyone who has purchased a book from me thru the DT.org website.
If any of you (other than kingfan2323) are unhappy with any purchase from me ever made thru the DT.org, send it back to me, I will refund what you paid me (excluding shipping)

I'm all done talking about this, please feel free to continue trash talking me.
Please feel free to send negative reps my way as well, cause frankly, I don't give a rats ass.

kingfan2323
03-13-2022, 10:11 AM

As I stated before, I will send you your book back when you send me a Postal M.O. for $5.08

Moving forward..

Kingfan2323 (Bryan)
I will never ever send this book back to you until you send me shipping cost I mentioned above"

I will also put out another blanket offer to anyone who has purchased a book from me thru the DT.org website.
If any of you (other than kingfan2323) are unhappy with any purchase from me ever made thru the DT.org, send it back to me, I will refund what you paid me (excluding shipping)

Please feel free to send negative reps my way as well, cause frankly, I don't give a rats ass.If a buyer is not satisfied, and returned book, then refund their money.

Joe315
03-13-2022, 12:41 PM
I had a similar situation wherein the pictures looked fine but when I got the book there was a stain on the top edge. I told the seller and he apologized and refunded my money. He did not deny there was a problem even though he did not notice the issue prior to the sale (and I do believe him, it wasn’t a very noticeable stain). I did tell the seller and asked for the refund before sending the book back.

Either way, Cook, you have to refund the money. Whether or not you knew about the staining is irrelevant. Kingfan isn’t happy and wants a refund. He sent the book back on his dime. Just give him the $50 and move on.

GenericEric
03-13-2022, 05:21 PM

Moving forward..

Kingfan2323 (Bryan)

Please feel free to send negative reps my way as well, cause frankly, I don't give a rats ass.

Honestly, saying something like this makes you look 1000x worse.

He wasn't satisfied with it and sent it back to you. Now you're refusing to refund him. Maybe you should give a "rats ass" if you plan on doing business with other people here or anywhere else for that matter. To me, all this looks like is you feeling insulted and won't refund him now out of pure stubbornness.

Merlin1958
03-13-2022, 05:48 PM

Moving forward..

Kingfan2323 (Bryan)

Please feel free to send negative reps my way as well, cause frankly, I don't give a rats ass.If a buyer is not satisfied, and returned book, then refund their money.

I had a similar situation wherein the pictures looked fine but when I got the book there was a stain on the top edge. I told the seller and he apologized and refunded my money. He did not deny there was a problem even though he did not notice the issue prior to the sale (and I do believe him, it wasn’t a very noticeable stain). I did tell the seller and asked for the refund before sending the book back.

Either way, Cook, you have to refund the money. Whether or not you knew about the staining is irrelevant. Kingfan isn’t happy and wants a refund. He sent the book back on his dime. Just give him the $50 and move on.

The DJ's "age" in some cases (as in this case) it is not "browning" in any way, IMHO but, I reiterate, PM me an address and I'll refund the $60 myself just so you'll STFU. BTW what you were seeking is a pristine copy IMHO. Of course, there are really no hard and fast definitions for the categories. Everyone interprets them differently when it comes down to it. You should have asked for Pics in advance.

I remain in, Richs' corner on this one but would be happy to send the cash just to put an end to the caterwauling!! LOL

Full disclosure: It will be a Bank of America issued check made out to you and must be cashed within 90 days from issuance. No refunds!!! lol

kingfan2323
03-14-2022, 05:06 AM
ANOTHER message from the person that said "I sure do go on" about the topic. Either an individual is being intentionally disingenuous or a complete idiot if they think this is about money.

ICry4Oy
03-14-2022, 08:14 AM

^^^^^THIS^^^^^

Merlin1958
03-14-2022, 10:11 AM
ANOTHER message from the person that said "I sure do go on" about the topic. Either an individual is being intentionally disingenuous or a complete idiot if they think this is about money.

WOW!! lol

Randall Flagg
03-14-2022, 10:33 AM
It appears this issue has become personal between the members. Richard, to offer a refund to any member who has ever bought a book from you, but deny a refund to kingfan2323 shows me you are very unhappy with kingfan2323 and this is now a personality clash, not a professional transaction.

Cook
03-14-2022, 12:19 PM
It appears this issue has become personal between the members. Richard, to offer a refund to any member who has ever bought a book from you, but deny a refund to kingfan2323 shows me you are very unhappy with kingfan2323 and this is now a personality clash, not a professional transaction.

I'm guessing I've sold probably 100ish books on this site, none have ever ask for a refund, and certainly no one has thrown unpleasant accusations or labeled me.
I'm still waiting for an answer to my one & only question I asked, but all I get back is misdirection and insults.
Sorry but it's a little more than a "clash"

kingfan2323
03-14-2022, 04:52 PM

^^^^^THIS^^^^^Any objective person would agree. Thanks.

Scoogs
04-23-2022, 08:55 AM
I had a non-King book set sell on eBay yesterday through a fixed price listing.
Buyer had to pay immediately, so no issue there.

Looking more closely, the buyer has zero feedback and just created their eBay account yesterday, before immediately making a $900 purchase.
I admit this makes me very skeptical since eBay makes it so easy for buyers to scam sellers.
Debating if I should cancel the sale.

andyg75
04-23-2022, 01:14 PM

^^^^^THIS^^^^^

Not that my opinion matters, but as an outsider looking in, I agree

Cook
04-23-2022, 07:28 PM

^^^^^THIS^^^^^

Not that my opinion matters, but as an outsider looking in, I agree

Little late to the show Andy... that ship has sailed.

Scoogs
04-25-2022, 07:35 AM
I had a non-King book set sell on eBay yesterday through a fixed price listing.
Buyer had to pay immediately, so no issue there.

Looking more closely, the buyer has zero feedback and just created their eBay account yesterday, before immediately making a $900 purchase.
I admit this makes me very skeptical since eBay makes it so easy for buyers to scam sellers.
Debating if I should cancel the sale.

Anyone else have thoughts on this situation? Worth the risk to ship them?

Randall Flagg
04-25-2022, 07:41 AM
If the buyer has paid, and you are shipping it with delivery confirmation, I say go for it.

mmalling
04-25-2022, 07:42 AM
If the buyer has paid, and you are shipping it with delivery confirmation, I say go for it.

Agreed, if the payment has been made to eBay the risk is minimal at this point... IMO

Br!an
04-25-2022, 11:00 AM
You can use USPS Signature Confirmation and Hold for Pickup. That will make the customer go to the Post Office and show ID to pick up the package.

DoctorZaius
04-25-2022, 07:16 PM

Agreed, if the payment has been made to eBay the risk is minimal at this point... IMO

I agree. I sold a $400 purse for my mother-in-law, and when the buyer complained it did not show, all I had to do was have ebay look at the delivery confirmation, and the sale was upheld. No issues whatsoever. One of the few times I was pretty happy with ebay.

yatrajee11
05-07-2022, 01:50 AM
I have a locked parcel locker that the USPS can leave things in, or they can leave me a "package waiting at the post office" note...or they can leave it outside my gate....unfortunately, sometimes they drop it over the gate. mobdro apk (https://get-mobdro.com/home/)

herbertwest
05-07-2022, 04:29 AM
Unusual first post.
Welcome I guess

Patrick
05-07-2022, 06:59 AM
I have a locked parcel locker that the USPS can leave things in, or they can leave me a "package waiting at the post office" note...or they can leave it outside my gate....unfortunately, sometimes they drop it over the gate.
Welcome! The postal service drops packages over your gate? Yikes. Is the gate locked?

shaq
05-28-2022, 12:36 PM
So I’m not sure where to put this, but figured it will end here.

Basically I bought 3 books from a prolific collector, after selling to them successfully over an 18 month period of decent comms.

2 of the books (Johnny Got his Gun, Blackwater numbered) have been delivered to the seller, and on 27th April, I received the message that they would be posted the next day and a copy of receipt would be sent. Replay to follow when complete.

Long story short, delivery of 2 books promised on 27th April, then nothing.

4 weeks, 4 messenger messages and 2 emails later, I get a very apologetic email saying none of my messages received and will contact me the next day as it was late…but not posted yet.

3 days later and nothing again.

I’m so desperate to put my faith in that person but after 2 more sent emails, my trust and faith is low.

But damn, I want those books, including a Replay that matches my old number.

This is an open letter requesting they provide proof of delivery or make arrangements to send my £1,000 (I’ll work out the exact £ later) back.

Randall Flagg
05-28-2022, 01:03 PM
That's an awfully long time.

shaq
05-28-2022, 02:31 PM
That's an awfully long time.

Yep.

T-Dogz_AK47
05-29-2022, 01:24 AM

Basically I bought 3 books from a prolific collector, after selling to them successfully over an 18 month period of decent comms.

2 of the books (Johnny Got his Gun, Blackwater numbered) have been delivered to the seller, and on 27th April, I received the message that they would be posted the next day and a copy of receipt would be sent. Replay to follow when complete.

4 weeks, 4 messenger messages and 2 emails later, I get a very apologetic email saying none of my messages received and will contact me the next day as it was late…but not posted yet.

I’m so desperate to put my faith in that person but after 2 more sent emails, my trust and faith is low.

This is an open letter requesting they provide proof of delivery or make arrangements to send my £1,000 (I’ll work out the exact £ later) back.

Please tell me that you paid for these books using PayPal "goods and services" and not "friends and family?"

shaq
05-29-2022, 01:54 PM

Please tell me that you paid for these books using PayPal "goods and services" and not "friends and family?"

No because the seller had paid f&f for about 60% of that prior with me. Never again though.

Anyway, still a work in progress. It hopefully will come good.

shaq
06-01-2022, 03:47 AM

No because the seller had paid f&f for about 60% of that prior with me. Never again though.

Anyway, still a work in progress. It hopefully will come good.

I now have a tracking number and delivery estimated as approx 12 days.

All should be good on this and will edit out my comments if needed RF.

shaq
06-10-2022, 02:52 AM
Panic over. Books are here.

Packaging was excellent, nothing was getting near those well protected books.

If you want me to delete my posts RF, let me know.

Br!an
06-10-2022, 03:06 AM
Glad it worked out.