PDA

View Full Version : So the Horn... hey, let's stop for a sec

Pages : 1 [2]

Doe
10-28-2010, 01:25 AM
I dont think He repeating his journey from the desert, well yes he is, but not exactly, I believe he is repeating his journey from Jericho Hill, I seem to remember (but correct me if im wrong) Roland always stated that his Quest and Obsession to reach the Dark Tower, started after Jericho Hill. So, I think that he started the quest from the desert, but his past was different, changed, due to the last loop in his quest changing him.

Brainslinger
10-28-2010, 10:15 AM
I think he always starts at the Mohain desert, but yes, it's likely his past was changed.* (Which isn't the same as saying he was sent back then.)

*Or just his memory, maybe. I like the idea his past itself was changed though. Roland does state in an earlier book that even the past is in flux in his world. (He doesn't use those exact words. I'm not sure 'flux' is in his vocabulary.)

pathoftheturtle
10-28-2010, 12:19 PM
...it's likely his past was changed.* (Which isn't the same as saying he was sent back then.) ...Fine distinction. I'm not so sure that's really different.

Albert Toledo
05-15-2017, 09:17 PM
Love the series and the ending.

I think the loop just shows the cross the gunslinger must carry for eternity. Death, but not for you gunslinger, never for you. He is destined to wander the path forever, being a good/white force in deadly opposition to the bad/red force. Roland is the Ying to the Yang and must always loop forever to protect us and he must grudgingly bear this heavy burden.

As for the Horn of Eld. That just shows that each level or life is different in some small way. I don't think the object is important just a glimmer of how and why there are many different realities. Also, on that note, I suspect the new Dart Tower movie is a continuation of the series. Instead of pissing us all off and not staying true to the series, King uses the next level/life to tell the saga. So when things aren't going the way they should according the books/Ka, the excuse is this is the next chapter in the loop. Don't be surprised when the movie starts off with Idris Elba holding the Horn of Eld.

Thanks for listening.