PDA

View Full Version : Holly

ratchet41
04-05-2024, 05:47 PM
i dunno if there is a thread for this already i don't see one which is strange considering it's his new one. i finished reading end of watch the other night and just last night i think i just started this i'm only on page 83 thus far.

so what is everyone's else's opinion of it? if there's already a thread for this my apology you can delete this or merge it i don't mind

Curly
04-05-2024, 10:24 PM
Hated it. I will not read it again like I normally do with King books.

ratchet41
04-05-2024, 10:31 PM
so far i don't hate it as i posted somewhere tonight someone said it's King's Worst book i said really? i don't think it is i'm enjoying it thus far but than it's still way to early for me to say how much i love or how much i hate it. i think it's one of his books where it has mixed opinions some really loved it and some really hated it. though the old couple as i posted elsewhere made me think of that x-files episode that Mulder and Scully get kidnapped if i recall it was an X-mas episode as well

craigobau
04-05-2024, 11:32 PM
I’m halfway through and stopped reading about 3 months ago. It started good, but for me, the twists and turns in the storyline were cliched, predictable and in some cases, absurd.

I will finish it, but only because I don’t like leaving books unfinished.

This is the second time since starting reading SK in the late 1970s that I’ve struggled to finish one of his books (the first was Fairy Tale).

ratchet41
04-06-2024, 11:23 AM
yeah i did struggle for awhile with Fairy tale that book had such a slow burn for such a long ass time that i walk faster going to the bathroom than the pace of that book went for me i realized it wasn't till about page 330 until it started to get good i had liked the relationship with the neighbor though. there's plenty of King books i have started i need to finish and it's not because it's me struggling it' s just sometimes i lose interest and yes there have been some books of his i did end up having to go back and finish them and sometimes i did end up loving it.

ratchet41
04-14-2024, 12:01 AM
it took me forever to find an avatar and i dunno if i'm gonna keep this one but it'll do for now i got tired of not having one

CyberGhostface
04-14-2024, 02:14 PM
Thought it was decent. The cannibal couple were pretty fun villains.

ratchet41
04-25-2024, 10:41 PM
yeah they were it was different than the norm that he would normally write