PDA

View Full Version : Fairy Tale *spoilers*

CyberGhostface
10-24-2022, 07:43 AM
What did people think of this?

To be honest I had a bit of a hard time getting through it. It took around a month for me to finish and I was able to get through IT in less than a week the first time I read it.

I think I was more interested in Charlie's relationship with Mr. Bowditch and Radar than any of the 'fairy tale' stuff. Once the focus went from that to saving the fantasy realm from evil it just felt kind of by the numbers. As far as recent books go I think 'The Institute' and even 'Billy Summers' were better.

To be clear this wasn't a bad book by any means but it's just not something I would rank highly against King's other books...

Merlin1958
10-24-2022, 09:40 AM
I really enjoyed it!!! At least it had a decent ending!! lol Seriously though, I really liked it.

Dead Man
10-27-2022, 05:39 AM
The first part of it was great. The “fairy tale” part was fine enough but it felt very much like a Way of Kings. You kinda knew where it was going too. That being said I still enjoyed it and I like the premise. This seems to be either a love or hate type book though as far as reviews. I know some who just loved it to death. Also others who thought it was trash. I thought it was good. Not as good of a fantasy as The Talisman which is a classic but still solid. It would be better than Eyes of the Dragon, except for the fact that Flagg is in eyes.

ratchet41
03-02-2024, 10:32 PM
1stly i'm shocked this doesn't have more posts! 2ndly i'm currently reading this and i'm on chapter #18 page #319 and as much as i love King he's my favorite author i'm having trouble getting through this damn thing and many seem to love this one so far i dunno why? but than i still have ways to go before i finish it

Honvie
03-03-2024, 04:33 AM
I'm impartial to this book but it pales in comparison with Imajica and Weaveworld. I miss King at his supernatural best.

ratchet41
03-03-2024, 03:48 PM
i haven't read those i do own Imajica on paperback but i've never gotten off my ass to actually read the damn thing lol and the other i've never read either, this book fucking FINALLY picked up with Charlie Getting caught it took it's sweet ass time i mean i don't expect action in every chapter but damn with him getting caught nearly #350 pages in you think that's long enough for him to pick up the pace? it is slowly getting better now but i'm holding any opinion off until i finish this book

St. Troy
03-03-2024, 04:30 PM
…it pales in comparison with Imajica and Weaveworld.

Most things do.

WeDealInLead
03-03-2024, 04:33 PM
Bottom 3 King. Not much else to say. I finished it because it's King. I forced myself to power through because of mindless loyalty.

ratchet41
03-03-2024, 08:11 PM
though i haven't finished it yet i don't think yet that it's his bottom 3 worst books

mattgreenbean
03-04-2024, 10:55 AM
I could easily see this being an ABC 2-part made-for-tv movie.
Part 1 Discovery
Part 2 The Other World

...if today were 20 years ago.

ratchet41
03-04-2024, 02:56 PM
that i agree with i can see this as a Tv Miniseries if it gets the right budget it could work if everything fell into place i mean, cast, script, director etc...

ratchet41
03-11-2024, 01:13 PM
i enjoyed this but my only gripe is that it took way to fucking long to get really good it was way to damn slow