PDA

View Full Version : Shivering Isles or KOTN?

Mark
03-17-2008, 09:52 AM
So, i'm going away on thursday for about two weeks, and i'll have no xbox live, so nothing to amuse me, and i've only got the fighters guild to do on Oblivion. So i asked mum for a new game "No" she says. so i asked could i get some DLC for Oblivion and she said "As long as it's not over £30" so i said " 'k", so i was looking and i saw Shivering Isle's which is good for a whole new questline and achievements and i saw Knights of The Nine which i've heard is also good, so i'm in a bit of a dilemma, which should i get? And could you please state your reasons as to why that one?

CPU
03-18-2008, 04:38 AM
I'd go with the Shivering Isles if you can only get one of them. The Knights of the Nine is good, but it's a much, much, smaller addon than Shivering Isles.

The Shivering Isles on the other hand adds a land-mass about a 1/3 the size of what you have in the base game, and it adds a TON of quests, factions, items, etc.

So, bottom line, they're both worth the money, but if you are looking for something that will keep you occupied for more than a couple of days you definitely want to get Shivering Isles.

LordFrank
06-08-2008, 07:27 PM
Shivering Isles, by far.
KOTN has no additional achievements.
If you have any money left, get the Wizard's Castle - Frostcraig Spire (sp.).