PDA

View Full Version : Brandon Sanderson

fernandito
06-29-2022, 11:53 AM
How does this guy not have his own thread yet? We messed up man.

Anyway, I have a hankering for a meaty fantasy series. This guy has the Mistborn and Stormlight series; which one is better?

Kongo
06-29-2022, 01:44 PM
Brandon Sanderson is amazing. If you watch his live streams he's a huge nerd like us, and seems genuinely awesome. Most people would say start with Mistborn, but I started with Stormlight Archive. That series was one of the most satisfying reads I've ever had. I hold the series in high regard.

Also his writing input is unmatched. Guy is seriously crazy with how good and quick he can crank stuff out

fernandito
06-30-2022, 01:43 PM
I actually read his debut novel Elantris that same year it debuted (think it was like 2005, 2006ish). I remember finishing it and thinking 'this guy is going to be great one day'. I'm glad it worked out that way.

Stormlight has always caught my attention, I just wasn't ready for a sprawling saga at the time. But I am now. Guess I'll go with that.

Thanks!

Lurker
12-20-2022, 05:55 PM
I'm assuming Dragonsteel is his, and kudos to them on their publishing.

Nov.: "First up, we are happy to announce that pre-orders for The Alloy of Law and Shadows of Self leatherbound editions will open, with shipping in early 2023!"

Got my shipping notice today. Always nice to see something come out early.

(I've actual never read any Sanderson - but just started Elantris and now wonder why.)