PDA

View Full Version : Welcome to Derry: It prequel series on HBO Max

herbertwest
03-29-2022, 12:36 PM
“Welcome to Derry” – ‘IT’ Prequel Series Reportedly in Development at HBO Max
> https://bloody-disgusting.com/tv/3709055/welcome-to-derry-it-prequel-series-reportedly-in-development-at-hbo-max/

DoctorZaius
03-29-2022, 05:23 PM
That is some very interesting news. HBO's been pretty good of late - can't wait.

Merlin1958
03-29-2022, 06:41 PM
Here's hoping!!!

MikeDuke
03-30-2022, 10:10 AM
Man, I am still wishing for those director cuts of the movies, but I guess that will never happen. The series sounds great though. To bad I don't have HBO Max.

herbertwest
03-30-2022, 11:48 PM
Netflix, Disney+, HBO Max, Hulu, Peacock etc...
If people wants it all, it costs a fortune... may as well not bother with any and use the alternatives

Ari_Racing
04-09-2022, 06:08 AM
Andy Muschietti told me about this project back in 2020. It was driving me insane that it didn't move forward :)

bekzclz11
04-14-2022, 01:22 AM
According to Variety, HBO Max and Warner Bros. have announced the development of an It prequel series, titled Welcome to Derry. Andy Muschietti, the director of the two films in 2017 and 2019, will return to executive produce the series, alongside his sister Barbara Muschietti.

krnt.run (https://krnl.run)
myindigocard app (https://indigocard.ltd)

Ricky
04-25-2022, 12:29 PM
My new article is up at Collider about why this isn't the best idea: Why an ‘It’ Prequel Series Should Keep Pennywise’s Origins a Mystery (https://collider.com/it-prequel-series-pennywise-origins/)

Merlin1958
04-27-2022, 07:13 PM
My new article is up at Collider about why this isn't the best idea: Why an ‘It’ Prequel Series Should Keep Pennywise’s Origins a Mystery (https://collider.com/it-prequel-series-pennywise-origins/)

Pretty compelling article, Rick. Gotta agree with you on your several good points.

Ricky
04-28-2022, 03:02 PM
Thanks, Bill! Glad you enjoyed it. :)

mae
05-10-2022, 10:08 AM
I see HBO Max has added the 1990 It miniseries in HD. I didn't know it was remastered.

herbertwest
05-10-2022, 12:19 PM
I don't know about the US, but around 2003 or so, the french distributor did a brand new audio recording so that the quality was satisfying for DVD.
And the audio recording is not quite as scary as the original VHS IMO

CyberGhostface
05-11-2022, 02:29 AM
I see HBO Max has added the 1990 It miniseries in HD. I didn't know it was remastered.

There’s been a Blu-ray release for a few years now.

RichardX
05-11-2022, 08:14 AM

Demystifying Pennywise by filling in a lot of background material is the typical lazy Hollywood approach. There is no plausible explanation for Pennywise. That's part of what makes him interesting. To attempt to provide a narrative will make the story ludicrous. Sometimes vague is better to paraphrase Pet Semetery.

amd013
05-12-2022, 02:34 PM

It was released on Blu-ray in 2016:
http://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B01L3TCBMQ/ref=ppx_od_dt_b_asin_title_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Merlin1958
05-12-2022, 06:50 PM

Demystifying Pennywise by filling in a lot of background material is the typical lazy Hollywood approach. There is no plausible explanation for Pennywise. That's part of what makes him interesting. To attempt to provide a narrative will make the story ludicrous. Sometimes vague is better to paraphrase Pet Semetery.

While I don't think in a million years that they will incorporate this into the new series, Pennywise is from, Roland's world I believe is the general consensus of the constant readers and Dark Tower junkies. I believe, Dandelo is thought to be related to, Old Pennywise. Therefore, its a decent chance that IT (pun intended LOL) originally came from "Kas-Ga-Rey" (?) very near the tower itself. Incorporating that back story on how he came to dwell in, Derry would certainly provide a pretty good reason to the story.

However, since there is, IMHO little chance that they are smart enough to realize this angle or can legally portray it in film I don't really see where this series will have any worthwhile content. That's just MHO. Taking the "Losers" and the 2 30 year conflicts out and I don't see where they will do more than re-package the films basically.

mae
11-09-2022, 08:16 AM
https://variety.com/2022/tv/news/it-prequel-series-hbo-max-showrunner-jason-fuchs-brad-caleb-kane-1235427899/

Jason Fuchs and Brad Caleb Kane will serve as co-showrunners on the “It” prequel series currently in the works at HBO Max, Variety has learned exclusively.

The show, currently titled “Welcome to Derry,” was first reported as being in development in March. HBO Max has given the show a series production commitment. Exact plot details remain under wraps, aside from the fact that the show will serve as a prequel to the recent films “It: Chapter One” and “It: Chapter Two,” which were released in 2017 and 2019 respectively.

It was previously reported that Fuchs wrote the teleplay for the first episode of the series, based on a story he wrote along with Andy and Barbara Muschietti. Andy directed both of the new films, with Barbara having produced them. Fuchs was a co-producer on “It: Chapter Two.” Fuchs and Kane will executive produce along with the Muschiettis, with Andy being eyed to direct the series premiere. The Muschiettis executive produce under their Double Dream production banner. Warner Bros. Television is the studio, with WB having produced the two films.

Fuchs is primarily known for his work in features, having worked on the screenplays or stories for such big screen fare as “Wonder Woman,” “Pan,” “Ice Age: Continental Drift,” and “I Still See You.” He is repped by WME, Brookside Artists Management, Pangea, and Goodman, Genow, and Shankman.

Kane’s recent writing credits include shows like “Moonhaven” and “Tokyo Vice.” He has also written multiple episodes of shows like “Warrior,” “Black Sails” and “Fringe.” He is repped by WME and Gang Tyre.

The two new “It” films collectively grossed over $1.1 billion at the global box office upon their release, with the second film taking place 27 years after the events of the first, with a new adult cast taking over from the kids in part one. “It” was previously adapted into a two-part miniseries for ABC back in 1990, featuring Tim Curry’s iconic performance as Pennywise.

Bev Vincent
11-14-2022, 07:31 AM
HBO Max Exec Calls IT Prequel Series "Demented" (https://comicbook.com/horror/news/hbo-max-it-prequel-series-welcome-to-derry-demented/)

After the success of Warner Bros. two IT movies, new adaptations of Stephen King's classic novel, the horror franchise will be shifting to HBO Max for an upcoming TV show. Titled Welcome to Derry, the series has been described as a prequel, largely because as fans recall Pennywise the Clown was finally defeated at the end of IT: Chapter Two. Considering the fact that the entity's presence in the Maine town goes back thousands of years, emerging every 27 years to feed, there's plenty of events that the show can explore and according to one HBO Max exec it's going to include some "demented scares."

"We have been working with Jason Fuchs, Brad Caleb Caine, Andy Muschietti and Barbara Muschietti very closely," Sarah Aubrey HBO Max head of originals told Variety about Welcome to Derry. "They're so deep into this mythology and they have such a firm handle on the storytelling around these characters and also the demented scares that they're putting into things. Sometimes I'm, like, 'What's wrong with you?' Just all the wild ways they think up to terrify us. You'll be hearing more concretely about that development very soon... Andy is very involved in every bit of this, so that is the real recipe for success and for delighting fans."

Welcome to Derry could very well take place across hundreds of years, with the two IT movies previously considering showing some of these moments in the far past within the feature films. As fans know, these scenes were largely cut out of the movie, though teases to Pennywise's previous appearances in the town are teased in old photographs, newspapers, and drawings. A pre-clown version of the creature was even shot for the first IT movie but removed from the final cut of the movie.

"There was a scene we shot that was a flashback from the 1600s, before Pennywise," actor Bill Skarsgård previously revealed to Variety. "The scene turned out really, really disturbing. And I'm not the clown. I look more like myself. It's very disturbing, and sort of a backstory for what It is, or where Pennywise came from."

It's unclear if Skarsgård is in talks to reprise his Pennywise role for the upcoming HBO Max series, but with director Andy Muschietti and producer Barbara Muschietti both working on the show it seems like it could be a possibility.

herbertwest
02-04-2023, 04:34 AM
The series starts shooting in april !

http://www.liljas-library.com/article.php?id=7030

mae
02-08-2023, 06:49 AM
https://moviesr.net/p-hbo-max-series-welcome-to-derry-filming-schedule-officially-confirmed

The complete filming schedule for “Welcome to Derry,” the prequel series to the horror movie "It" has been officially revealed. The HBO Max series began pre-production on Jan 30, 2023.

Welcome to Derry will begin filming on May 1, 2023, in Toronto and will take around eight months to officially wrap up on December 21, 2023. The first season of the series is expected to have 8-10 episodes. Welcome to Derry is likely to release sometime in 2024.

Set in the 1960s, Welcome to Derry follows four kids in a town bordering an Air Force base with a mysterious "Special Projects" bunker, who search for a friend of theirs who disappeared mysteriously. The story centers on the origin story of Pennywise the Clown from the hit horror movie duology, "It" and It: Part Two. Based on the character created by Stephen King, Pennywise (It) is also the secondary antagonist of the Stephen King multiverse.

The origin of Pennywise is a secret, but as per the Dark Tower novels, it originated in an undiscovered void containing and surrounding our entire universe, another far-off universe referred to as the "Macroverse". Pennywise is a Glamour, a shape-shifting creature that has existed for billions of years. Because of its shape-shifting abilities and being from another universe, Its true name and species are also known as Deadlights, but few know this, which is why it's referred to as IT. A female spider appears to be in Its true physical form on Earth, living deep beneath the fictional town of Derry, Maine. Its real name is unknown. Although, several times in the novel, Pennywise calls itself by the name Robert “Bob” Gray. This may be an allusion to real-life child cannibal Albert Fish, who reportedly used the name "Robert Gray" as an alias.

It will be interesting to see if the show casts a shadow on the history of this creature as well. In the novels, Pennywise arrived on Earth in a massive cataclysmic event similar to an asteroid impact, landing in a location in North America that would eventually become Derry, Maine.

Andy Muschietti, the director of the two films, is also directing the pilot episode. Both Andy and Jason Fuchs have developed the story along with Barbara Muschietti, with Fuchs writing the script of the series.

The complete cast of the series has been kept under wraps. Bill Skarsgård played the role of Pennywise perfectly in both the "It" films. It is yet to be revealed if he is coming back to this iconic role or not.

Andy Muschietti is executive producing the series along with Barbara Muschietti and Jason Fuchs. Warner Bros. Television is the studio behind the series, with WB having produced the two hit movies.

"It" and "It: Part Two" collectively grossed over $1.1 billion at the global box office, with the second film taking place 27 years after the events of the first film with a new adult cast taking over from the kids in part one. “It” was previously adapted into a two-part miniseries in 1990 for ABC, featuring Tim Curry’s iconic performance as Pennywise.

herbertwest
02-08-2023, 06:56 AM
Interesting and probably true, but not sure what to think of this website.
It doesnt scream like a trustworthy website to me

Bev Vincent
02-23-2023, 11:35 AM
‘IT’ Prequel Series ‘Welcome To Derry’ Greenlit At HBO Max (https://deadline.com/2023/02/it-prequel-series-welcome-to-derry-greenlit-hbo-max-1235268924/)

HBO Max is expanding the world of Stephen King‘s IT with the drama series Welcome To Derry (wt) from Warner Bros. Television and developed for TV by filmmakers Andy Muschietti and Barbara Muschietti (IT, IT Chapter Two) and Jason Fuchs (IT Chapter Two, Wonder Woman).

Set in the world of Stephen King’s IT universe, Welcome To Derry is based on King’s IT novel and expands on the story established by filmmaker Andy Muschietti in the feature films IT and IT Chapter Two.

“I’m excited that the story of Derry, Maine’s most haunted city, is continuing, and I’m glad Andy Muschietti is going to be overseeing the frightening festivities, along with a brain trust including his talented sister, Barbara,” said King. “Red balloons all around!”

Jason Fuchs will write the teleplay for the first episode, based on a story by Andy Muschietti, Barbara Muschietti, and Fuchs. Fuchs and Brad Caleb Kane will serve as co-showrunners on the project. Andy Muschietti and Barbara Muschietti (through their Double Dream production company, which has an overall deal with WBTV), Fuchs, and Kane are executive producers. Andy Muschietti will direct multiple episodes of the series, including the first episode. The series is produced by HBO Max and Warner Bros. Television.

“As teenagers, we took turns reading chapters of Stephen King’s IT until the thick paperback fell to pieces,” said Andy Muschietti and Barbara Muschietti in a joint statement. “IT is an epic story that contains multitudes, far beyond what we could explore in our ‘IT’ movies. We can’t wait to share the depths of Steve’s novel, in all its heart, humor, humanity, and horror.”

Fuchs added, “To be able to return to the world of my all-time favorite horror novel and help build upon the singularly brilliant cinematic universe created by Andy and Barbara is more than the opportunity of a lifetime, it’s a dream come true— or, maybe more appropriately, a nightmare.”

Andy Muschietti and Barbara Muschietti are represented by WME and Johnson Shapiro Slewett & Kole. Fuchs is represented by WME, Brookside Artists Management, Pangea, and Bloom, Hergott. Kane is represented by Kaplan Perrone Entertainment and Johnson Shapiro Slewett & Kole.

herbertwest
03-30-2023, 07:56 AM
Seems like Bill SKarsgard may not be Pennywise : the shooting starts in a few days, and he is "currently not involved" with the project !

https://screenrant.com/it-derry-prequel-show-bill-skarsgard-pennywise-involvement/

herbertwest
03-31-2023, 02:07 AM
Any idea of who is the third person in this picture?
I feel like i've seen this head before, but can't quite figure out who that is... probably one of the producers of IT i guess... although I went through the list and didnt recognise him

https://www.instagram.com/p/ConrVjVrqJO/

CyberGhostface
03-31-2023, 06:21 AM
It's Paul D. Austerberry, he was a production designer for It: Chapter Two.

Also it's a real bummer that Skarsgard isn't coming back.

herbertwest
04-01-2023, 02:14 AM
Indeed, thanks !

mae
04-06-2023, 04:50 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eSo8hI9wDTo

mae
05-08-2023, 07:23 AM
https://bleedingcool.com/tv/welcome-to-derry-preview-image-teases-bloodline-with-it-films/

It was a little over a month ago that we got our first wave of casting news for Max's Welcome to Derry (current working title), stemming from Warner Bros. Television, filmmakers Andy Muschietti & Barbara Muschietti (It, It Chapter Two) and Jason Fuchs (It Chapter Two, Wonder Woman, Argylle). Now, director Andy Muschietti is sharing an official image from the production. In the Instagram post that you're about to see, we have a close-up of a door leading into a police station. On the door is written, "Clint Bowers/Chief of Police" (with the "F" smeared) – a last name that King fans are more than familiar with from both the novel and the films. From the big-screen perspective, we might be looking at a family connection between Clint and Butch Bowers (Stuart Hughes), a police officer featured in the films.

Set in the world of Stephen King's It, Welcome to Derry is based on King's It novel and expands the vision established by filmmaker Andy Muschietti in the feature films It and It Chapter Two. The streaming prequel series stars Taylour Paige (Beverly Hills Cop: Axel Foley), Jovan Adepo (Watchmen), Chris Chalk (Perry Mason), and James Remar (Oppenheimer). Now, here's a look at Andy Muschietti's Instagram post sharing the preview image as a heads-up that filming was underway:

"I'm excited that the story of Derry, Maine's most haunted city, is continuing, and I'm glad Andy Muschietti is going to be overseeing the frightening festivities, along with a brain trust including his talented sister, Barbara. Red balloons all around!" said King in a statement when the news was released. The Muschiettis added, "As teenagers, we took turns reading chapters of Stephen King's 'It' until the thick paperback fell to pieces. 'IT' is an epic story that contains multitudes, far beyond what we could explore in our 'It' movies. We can't wait to share the depths of Steve's novel, in all its heart, humor, humanity and horror." "To be able to return to the world of my all-time favorite horror novel and help build upon the singularly brilliant cinematic universe created by Andy and Barbara is more than the opportunity of a lifetime, it's a dream come true — or, maybe more appropriately, a nightmare," added Fuchs.

Welcome to Derry (wt) is produced by HBO Max and Warner Bros. Television. Fuchs will write the teleplay for the first episode, based on a story by Andy Muschietti, Barbara Muschietti, and Fuchs. Fuchs and Brad Caleb Kane will serve as co-showrunners on the project. Andy Muschietti and Barbara Muschietti (through their Double Dream production company, which has an overall deal with Warner Bros Television), Fuchs, and Kane are executive producers. Andy Muschietti will direct multiple series episodes, including the first one.

https://mlpnk72yciwc.i.optimole.com/cqhiHLc.IIZS~2ef73/w:auto/h:auto/q:75/https://bleedingcool.com/wp-content/uploads/2023/05/wtdcap-1.jpg

SystemCrashOverRide
06-02-2023, 12:25 PM
A lot of the principal shooting for "Welcome to Derry" is being shot on location in Port Hope, Ontario Canada. Which is quite close to me.

Last weekend I visited the town to spend a day and see what I could see. Turns out, the town's whole main drag worth of storefronts had been converted to look like vintage shops for filming - there were many mock police bulletins posted, along with plenty of "Town of Derry" signage. There were also a lot of vintage cars parked in a near by lot that I was able to get up close and personal with, including Derry Police Vehicles. There was even a building that had been converted to the Derry Police Station.

As an amateur photographer, I spent a number of hours running around and shooting just about everything I could. I'm a sucker for instant photography, so the majority of what I shot was in the form of Polaroids. If you know anything about Polaroid photography, or are curious about the specifics; I was shooting a variety of both 600 and sx-70 film (on an SX-70 Model 2 folding camera, as well as a Sun 660 AF Sonar). I haven't scanned them yet, so I don't have digital copies - but I did also take a slew of digital photos on my phone.

Is there an appetite from TDT community to see these? I imagine a lot of it could be considered spoilers, as the signage, posters, etc. could give away plot points, but at this time it's impossible to say.

If people are interested, I can post some of the digital shots I took, or perhaps link to an album where people can browse them. I can upload the Polaroids once they've been scanned.

Cheers,
Chase

Randall Flagg
06-02-2023, 03:52 PM
Feel free to post the pics.

Ari_Racing
06-02-2023, 07:13 PM
Yeah, pics more than welcome! :)
I met Andy Muschietti yesterday and he told me a couple of details about this first season. :)

SystemCrashOverRide
06-05-2023, 09:31 AM
Alright! With the green light from the big man himself and some enthusiasm from other board members...

SystemCrashOverRide proudly Welcomes you to Derry!

Strap in, because there's going to be a lot of photos. Forgive some of the angles, the reflections on the glass storefronts (in full sun) were turning the windows into mirrors.

I was also pretty beat from hours of running around with three camera bags - so many of these aren't the "best" shots, but hopefully, they give you some insight into the look and feel of the town.

Let's start with the storefront, shall we?

The Derry Press:

https://i.imgur.com/e74nK2Kl.jpg
The only photo I have of me on location ^

https://i.imgur.com/2wzXCuvl.jpg

Nan's Luncheonette:

https://i.imgur.com/m7tWlcbl.jpg https://i.imgur.com/ArgVwgRl.jpg

Goodman Grocers:

https://i.imgur.com/gpMssiol.jpg

Quality Meats:

https://i.imgur.com/6YfkPHwl.jpg

The Derry Grill:

https://i.imgur.com/0BIEYvFl.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/0pNaU5Yl.jpg

Palmer's Photography:

https://i.imgur.com/yVw61Egl.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/MWIL4Pdl.jpg
(Can you spot the lone Polaroid Camera? Bonus points if you know the model)

Laura Lee's Clothing Store:

https://i.imgur.com/CNLmPIil.jpg

The Dry Cleaners:

https://i.imgur.com/sdSlJbHl.jpg

Brook's Bakery:

https://i.imgur.com/8eGUs6ml.jpg

Tony's Barber Shop:

https://i.imgur.com/mLgeNzil.jpg

GE Modern Appliances:

https://i.imgur.com/fPNkDS5l.jpg

Halston Hobbies:

https://i.imgur.com/Qw1IkGVl.jpg

Jade of the Orient Chinese Restaurant:

https://i.imgur.com/QYGX1X3l.jpg

Greenberg's Music Centre:

https://i.imgur.com/ZtGvtD8l.jpg

The Derry Board of Trade:

https://i.imgur.com/ubPs5f2l.jpg

Danielle's Decorating:

https://i.imgur.com/V6uqweil.jpg

Keene's Drugs:

https://i.imgur.com/zV5VJoKl.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/pQGyN4Vl.jpg

A few obscured storefronts, Peterson's, Vivian Floral, and Marshall's Lighting (Obscured):

https://i.imgur.com/BHQ06Ixl.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/xiaIwpbl.jpg
Note - I don't believe this car was part of the production, just a local out for a Sunday cruise in their classic Ford.

-----------

Let's move on to some cool signage, posters, flyers, and police bulletins shall we?

Keene's Drugs:

https://i.imgur.com/Y2771Ovl.jpg

"Derry Complete Vacationland"

https://i.imgur.com/xlRSOk0l.jpg

A full-size Oldsmobile billboard (Rocket out of the ordinary!)

https://i.imgur.com/Y50lYLNl.jpg
Note the date of 1962.

Big Johnny Moran Auto:

https://i.imgur.com/jN2KSSGl.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/ZUnAHr4l.jpg

"Derry's #1 Trusted Mechanic!"

https://i.imgur.com/ILPFzJJl.jpg

City of Derry Public Auction:

https://i.imgur.com/zMzZADBl.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/3E229LWl.jpg

Grand Opening at the drive-in:

https://i.imgur.com/j8QGnfDl.jpg

STOP Police Search Area, by ordinance of the chief of the Derry Police:

https://i.imgur.com/guSSCUal.jpg

Public Notice: Theatre Closed until further notice:

https://i.imgur.com/0xzrqVOl.jpg

“Public Notice

-Theatre Closed Until Further Notice-

ATTENTION: Residents of Derry

We regret to inform you that Capitol Theater, located within our beloved community, will be temporarily closed until further notice. This closure is an imperative step taken by the Derry Police Department in response to an ongoing investigation into a serious incident. In order to ensure a thorough examination of the premises, we have requested immediate closer of Capitol Teather.

We understand the disappointment and inconvenience this may cause to our valued community members, especially those who had planned to enjoy a movie screening or engage in other activities at the theater. However, it is essential that we conduct a meticulous investigation to uphold public safety and maintain the integrity of our town.

The Derry Police Dept. remains committed to protecting the integrity of our town and
service our community. We apologize for any inconvenience caused and assure you that we are working diligently to resolve the situation as quickly and efficiently as possible.

-SORRY FOR THE INCONVENIENCE-

Thank You

Derry Police Department

Township of DERRY 1962,
DERRY MAINE
POLICE DEPARTMENT”

MISSING SALLY VAN:

https://i.imgur.com/LXTIWPxl.jpg

“MISSING

SALLY VAN

OF DERRY, MAINE

Missing from her home in derry, Maine, since 6:00 P.M. 31st October, 1959.

Sally Van. 3 years, 2ft. 6 ins. Proportionate build, brown eyes, brown hair, wearing white dress, white shoes. Persons having any information are requested to call Derry Police.”

MISSING JOEY BEELICH & GIRLS and WOMEN WANTED:

https://i.imgur.com/eYL0HTel.jpg

“MISSING

INFORMATION WANTED AS TO THE WHEREABOUTS OF

JOEY BEELICH

OF DERRY, MAINE

Description

Age, 20 months 

Weight, 27-30 lbs.

Height, 29 inches

Hair, brown

Eyes, blue

Complexion, light

Any information telephone the Derry Policy Department.”

HAVE YOU SEEN THIS BOY - Colin Woods? & MISSING PETER BOHDAL:

https://i.imgur.com/kA5vZngl.jpg
-Note his favourite toy?

“HAVE YOU SEEN THIS BOY?

COLIN WOODS missing from his home in Derry, Maine. Since 7:00 P.M. January…

Last known location - Booth Avenue, Derry, Main. Also goes by: WOODY, GREEN EYES, B…

80 Pounds. If you are in possession of any information regarding the whereabouts…

Please communicate with the police. Don’t Hesitate! Anyone with information should…

If found or for any tips please call the Derry Police Missing Persons Department”

"MISSING

Information wanted as to the whereabouts of
PETER BOHDAL of Derry, Maine

This child went missing in central Derry, Maine, between 6-8 P. M. On Tuesday, August 9, 1960.

DESCRIPTION

Age, 7 years

Weight, 50-60 lbs.

Height, 40 inches

Hair, red

Eyes, dark green

Complexion, light

Deep dimple in center of chin

Dressed in black pilot type cap. blue corduroy jacket. blue pants, blue tennis shoes

Any information telephone the Derry Police Department.”

---------
And now onto the cars!

https://i.imgur.com/UsWv3HIl.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/IXIceBVl.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/ffXs6z9l.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/JofDdSql.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/BcYrPZul.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/SynZup1l.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/dXWBF4Dl.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/yI3JAjHl.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/J9F0tAyl.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/8OVISEHl.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/kZyRnLRl.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/MCBnCAll.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/aZNcNDsl.jpg
That GRILL!

https://i.imgur.com/ssNSIcil.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/ZzM9N2Fl.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/yMSK7ITl.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/hyyD5Osl.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/gR8AFU2l.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/TfUpLpXl.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/760foh4l.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/Kb1JN9al.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/2fCcjaCl.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/x3EQqzjl.jpg
Almost looks like the grill of a Fury, doesn't it?!? Alas, I believe it's a debadged 59' Ford Fairlane.

While I did take a fair number of digital shots, these were all mostly a last-minute afterthought.
The polaroids I captured of the day have other locations not shown here (such as the Derry Police Department), as well as other signs and cars. Scanning Polaroids is tricky due to the prints being highlight reflective, so it may be a while until I can share those.

I hope you enjoyed this little walking tour of the Derry set pieces!
Cheers,
SystemCrash

St. Troy
06-05-2023, 10:10 AM
Any clue on an air date?

herbertwest
06-05-2023, 10:43 AM
Likely at the end of 2024, on MAX (formerly known as HBO Max)

Randall Flagg
06-05-2023, 11:41 AM
Superb photos.
Thanks for taking the time to post.

SystemCrashOverRide
06-05-2023, 12:00 PM
Superb photos.

Thanks, Jerome - it took some time to get that post together. Happy to hear that it was appreciated!

St. Troy
06-05-2023, 01:54 PM
Likely at the end of 2024, on MAX (formerly known as HBO Max)

Thanks.

herbertwest
06-05-2023, 11:58 PM
Cool pix !

SystemCrashOverRide
06-06-2023, 12:45 PM
Cool pix !

Thanks Herbertwest!

Garrell
06-06-2023, 06:15 PM
Awesome photos. Thank you.

Lilja
06-07-2023, 06:40 AM
Superb photos.

Thanks, Jerome - it took some time to get that post together. Happy to hear that it was appreciated!

Thanks for posting! Please post more if you have.

Lilja

Ari_Racing
06-12-2023, 03:18 AM
Great pics! Thanks for sharing!
I met Andy Muschietti 10 days ago and he told me they've just filmed a scene at Secondhand Rose. :)

Herbie_Marsten
09-13-2023, 08:55 PM
I saw Max did a documentary of Pennywise and the original IT 2 episode show / TV movie. Was interesting. Looking forward to "Welcome to Derry"

herbertwest
09-14-2023, 07:22 AM
Is it "Pennywise the story of IT" ?

Herbie_Marsten
09-14-2023, 09:23 AM
Yes, That is correct

Bev Vincent
11-02-2023, 11:26 AM
‘Welcome To Derry’ Pushed To 2025 By HBO (https://deadline.com/2023/11/the-white-lotus-welcome-to-derry-2025-1235590828/)

Honvie
11-02-2023, 07:14 PM
Awesome photos! Thanks for sharing!!

St. Troy
11-04-2023, 01:06 PM
2025, wow. No rush at all.

Bev Vincent
12-06-2023, 01:03 PM
A few seconds of footage (starting at about the 1:35 mark)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X6yoTKa58Qw

CyberGhostface
12-08-2023, 11:15 AM
If it's more than one season then the kids are going to be noticeably older once the second rolls around.

mae
04-15-2024, 10:38 AM
Some new behind the scenes photos have dropped:

https://wjbq.com/behind-the-scenes-welcome-to-derry-it-photos/

Sal Stoutheart
04-24-2024, 04:16 PM
Can't wait!!