PDA

View Full Version : March Madness: Dark Tower NCAA Tournament Challenge

NeedfulKings
03-06-2022, 07:48 PM
I'm creating a thread we can reuse in coming years - new link below. Selection Show will be March 17. Brackets will lock March 21st at the start of the first game (excluding the "First Four").

As with previous years, first and second place trophies are at stake. Click this link here:

https://fantasy.espn.com/games/tournament-challenge-bracket-2024/group?id=1b6165ae-5c7e-3e69-b3de-d6cb45369bb1

You can create an entry and rejoin Palaver Gunslingers now - button that says Create a Bracket Now! You can do everything but fill in the bracket, so remember to come back after the matchups are set!

If you're new to the group Palaver Gunslingers, the password to join is roland.

GET IN THE GAME!

Garrell
03-07-2022, 09:03 AM
In it as usual

Lurker
03-07-2022, 03:36 PM
Clicked on rejoin and nothing happened?

NeedfulKings
03-07-2022, 04:10 PM
Clicked on rejoin and nothing happened?

It automatically rejoined me. I might have hit "next" on that part. It's like a 4-step process - name the entry, join group, invite friends, fill in bracket.

Lurker
03-07-2022, 04:46 PM
I get this when I click on the link -
https://i.ibb.co/bKnhnch/Men-s-Tournament-Challenge-1.png (https://ibb.co/Nyzhzch)

click on group directory - goes to this page
https://i.ibb.co/YkFKRK6/Men-s-Tournament-Challenge-page-2.jpg

click on rejoin and goes back to this page
https://i.ibb.co/bKnhnch/Men-s-Tournament-Challenge-1.png (https://ibb.co/Nyzhzch)

Tried with Edge Explorer Google Chrome...

NeedfulKings
03-07-2022, 08:24 PM
Did you hit the big blue button that says Create a Bracket Now? That is what took me into the 4-part setup sequence.

Lurker
03-08-2022, 04:54 AM
Um, no.

Did now and it worked! I would have never thought to try filling in a bracket before trying to join. Thanks!

NeedfulKings
03-08-2022, 12:45 PM
Um, no.

Did now and it worked! I would have never thought to try filling in a bracket before trying to join. Thanks!

Good exercise - it's not intuitive that you can create a bracket, but not create a bracket, so I added instructions to the first post. :) Thanks for helping and for joining!

NeedfulKings
03-13-2022, 06:51 PM
Brackets are LIVE! Get in the game!!! https://fantasy.espn.com/tournament-challenge-bracket/2022/en/group?groupID=14700

Merlin1958
03-13-2022, 07:09 PM
Monday, morning. I'm exhausted!!! lol

RUBE
03-13-2022, 07:41 PM
I don't know if I am going to do a bracket this year. I am really pissed about their selection process at the moment.

ajw2910
03-14-2022, 07:59 AM
I’m in

Merlin1958
03-14-2022, 10:22 AM
Done!! Go Zags!!!

Randall Flagg
03-15-2022, 04:05 PM
I think I got my picks in.

NeedfulKings
03-15-2022, 07:31 PM
I think I got my picks in.

Yeah, me too. My fate is doom. Or my doom is fate? Either way, go team!!!! :)

NeedfulKings
03-16-2022, 06:52 PM
I don't know if I am going to do a bracket this year. I am really pissed about their selection process at the moment.

My beef with selection is the First Four. It should only be teams vying for a 16-seed. Having 2 teams playing for an 11 or 12 seed tells me that ALL of those teams would be in the Dance if the First Four didn't exist. Either stop the play-in games or make them all 16s.

Merlin1958
03-17-2022, 10:20 AM
And, Michigan draws first blood!!!!! Yes!!!!

My bracket is still perfect!!! lol lol

Randall Flagg
03-17-2022, 10:24 AM
Something is goofy. I have zero picks as dt,org1, but my bracket as dt.org2 is complete, but isn't listed amongst the group.

Merlin1958
03-17-2022, 11:35 AM
Something is goofy. I have zero picks as dt,org1, but my bracket as dt.org2 is complete, but isn't listed amongst the group.

"Goofy shit" for a goofy motherfucker!!! LOL At least nothing involved a "vagina". lol

2-0!!! Woo Hoo!!! lol lol Fucking, Memphis better not fuck up!! lol :panic::panic::panic:

NeedfulKings
03-17-2022, 11:57 AM

I'm fine honoring this pick for the sake of the contest. Any objections? https://fantasy.espn.com/tournament-challenge-bracket/2022/en/entry?entryID=61903210

BedOfRoses
03-17-2022, 11:59 AM

I'm fine honoring this pick for the sake of the contest. Any objections? https://fantasy.espn.com/tournament-challenge-bracket/2022/en/entry?entryID=61903210

No objections and glad to see you in the contest! :thumbsup:

Merlin1958
03-17-2022, 01:36 PM
IOWA, first to fall!!! lol :pullhair::pullhair:

Merlin1958
03-17-2022, 02:15 PM
Is it me, or does, Gonzaga seem to have an endless stream of talented, 7 ft tall Caucasian guys? Sometimes 2 at a time!!! lol It's like they have a patent or something!! lol lol

Is this thing on????? :wtf:

This an audience or an oil painting???? :wtf:

I'll be here all weekend...................................:emot-flame:

Merlin1958
03-17-2022, 08:40 PM
Well, we had some excitement today, huh?

Where the hell is St. Peter's and who let them in? lol lol

Merlin1958
03-18-2022, 08:52 AM
And so, day 2 is firmly underway!!!! Here we go again!!!

Feel like I'm talking to myself here......................................... lol

Garrell
03-18-2022, 10:00 AM
I am listening…

Merlin1958
03-18-2022, 10:20 AM
I am listening…

LOL Mostly blow outs so far today. There's plenty of ball to come though. :dance:

Merlin1958
03-18-2022, 10:27 AM
Purdue's Edey looks like the 7'4" bastard child of Quentin Tarantino & Oren-Ishi!! LOL

So, nobody has a theory regarding, Gonzaga and 7ft tall white guys? lol

Side note: So far the best "March Madness" commercial belongs to, AT&T and Coach K, IMHO. lol

Merlin1958
03-18-2022, 10:41 AM
Yale and Purdue are duking it out a bit on TBS I think.

It's bad enough without them throwing in duplicate "-1" channels on Directv. lol

Merlin1958
03-18-2022, 12:27 PM
So, anyone else glued to their couch or favorite seat at the Pub? lol

Not many surprises so far except for perhaps, Miami. Knew I shoulda gone ACC on that pick!!! lol

Curious about that, Va. Tech game. Should be interesting. VT was hotter than hell at the end there. Good chance for an upset IMHO

Merlin1958
03-18-2022, 12:36 PM
Has, Bill waded in regarding the Boss' entry yet? Be a shame if he was locked out. Must be someway we can recognize his lame ass bracket!! :lol1:

Trojan's are mounting a comeback!!!

NeedfulKings
03-18-2022, 12:44 PM
Well, we had some excitement today, huh?

Where the hell is St. Peter's and who let them in? lol lol

I always heard St. Peter was at the pearly gates and is the one who lets people in! :)

NeedfulKings
03-18-2022, 12:50 PM

Has, Bill waded in regarding the Boss' entry yet? Be a shame if he was locked out. Must be someway we can recognize his lame ass bracket!! :lol1:

I did in post #20. I tried to PM his as well, but his messaging is closed. I'm tracking the big guy!!!!

Merlin1958
03-18-2022, 01:23 PM

I did in post #20. I tried to PM his as well, but his messaging is closed. I'm tracking the big guy!!!!

Oh, cool. Way to go, Bill.

How bad is he doing? lol

VT game is a tight affair just as I thought it would be. Typical March basketball so far.

Merlin1958
03-18-2022, 01:30 PM
Can USC pull one outta their "Arse" with 31 secs to go??????? Down by 4?????

Correction: 32.6 secs and now down by 1 pt. :sharepopcorn:

NOPE!!! lol But damn if they didn't tie it up first before losing to 2 FT's lol

Merlin1958
03-18-2022, 01:46 PM
Well, onto my next potential pitfall, ND/Ala. Normally I root for, ND but they really didn't show me much during the season other than a few flashes. Shows what I freaking know, right? lol ND up by 5 beginning of 2nd half. LOL

Somebody is saving this running commentary, right? I'll need it as a resume when I try and replace, Kenny Smith. LOL Am I the only one that hates that guy? He always looks pissed off and gives, Chuck such a hard time. Maybe it's just me, but it feels disrespectful. Not for nothing but he wasn't anywhere near the player, Barkley was in his day, IMHO :emot-flame:

EDIT: You gotta be one tough bastard growing up with a last name of "Mutts"!! lol VT is hanging in there sofar in 2nd half.

NeedfulKings
03-18-2022, 02:27 PM
Well, onto my next potential pitfall, ND/Ala. Normally I root for, ND but they really didn't show me much during the season other than a few flashes. Shows what I freaking know, right? lol ND up by 5 beginning of 2nd half. LOL

I know we have several Tide fans as well as Golden Domers. Trying to avoid going to confession and being dealt a number of Our Fathers, I picked ND.

That said, my fears only get me to the second round. Even the big guy upstairs would be hesitant to take an 11-seed into the 3rd round. ;)

Merlin1958
03-18-2022, 02:45 PM

I know we have several Tide fans as well as Golden Domers. Trying to avoid going to confession and being dealt a number of Our Fathers, I picked ND.

That said, my fears only get me to the second round. Even the big guy upstairs would be hesitant to take an 11-seed into the 3rd round. ;)

I hear that, my brother!! lol

Garrell
03-18-2022, 03:14 PM
Too much to overcome with Shackleford’s injury.
Mason Gillis on Purdue is a family friend.

Merlin1958
03-18-2022, 03:15 PM
"Cockburn"??? Really??? I'm not saying a word..................................:wtf::wtf:

Merlin1958
03-18-2022, 03:16 PM

Cool. They looked great today!!!!

NeedfulKings
03-18-2022, 03:41 PM

With Kentucky out of the way, Purdue should be favored to duke it out with Baylor in the Elite Eight.

We had a family member in the tourney way back when Rick Majerus took the mighty St. Louis Billikens to the Dance in 2012. Very exciting moment!

Merlin1958
03-18-2022, 05:18 PM
Well, DUKE cruised to victory. Man, still can't wrap my head around no Coach K next year.

Who's taking over? Gonna cuta dent in recruiting I would imagine.

Take care, Coach K. You were DA MAN!!!!

Merlin1958
03-18-2022, 05:49 PM
Illinois better sacrifice a goat to the basketball Gods for that win!!! :shoot:

Merlin1958
03-18-2022, 09:34 PM
Phew, heckuva couple days and damn if I ain't in it so far. Now comes the rounds that separate the men from the boys!!!

Go Zags!!!!!!!!

Garrell
03-19-2022, 07:06 AM
I seem to be done already.

NeedfulKings
03-19-2022, 10:04 AM
If Baylor loses this game, which it looks like they will, my bracket is toast.

Merlin1958
03-19-2022, 10:05 AM
I seem to be done already.

Man, ANYTHING can and may happen in this thing. lol

Well, Baylor showing some signs of life after that bullshit flagrant on Manek of N.C. Regardless, I think we can stick a fork in, Baylor saving a bonafide miracle. lol Tar Heels are straight up "schoolin'" the bears!!!

UNC first into "Sweet Sixteen"!!!

Randall Flagg
03-19-2022, 10:11 AM
I have Baylor in my final 4, so if they lose, things look grim.

Merlin1958
03-19-2022, 10:12 AM
If Baylor loses this game, which it looks like they will, my bracket is toast.

I have them going to the Elite Eight but that's it. Fuck me if they haven't cut it to 9 with 4:45 to go!! lol

Can they actually pull out a win after being fown so big? lol Like I said "Anything can happen" and often does!! lol

Merlin1958
03-19-2022, 10:48 AM
:wtf::wtf::wtf::wtf::wtf::wtf:

Fucking O/T!!!! LOL What were they down by 25? lol Talk about folding like a cheap suit!!!

Hubie must be having N.Y. Knick flashbacks!!! lol

Fouls could be at the root of this thing in the end!! UNC by 2 with 2 mins left!! That's why they call it "Madness". lol

Merlin1958
03-19-2022, 10:59 AM
Well, Baylor gave 'em a scare but came up short in the end. Sorry guys!!!

Merlin1958
03-19-2022, 11:48 AM
Well, Boss here is, Kansas Jayhawks!!! Go Hawks!!!

I need a Kansas win. I got them going to the final four!!! :scared::scared:

NeedfulKings
03-19-2022, 01:41 PM

In no universe, regardless of hindsight, would I not have wanted Baylor to foul with the score tied and 11 seconds remaining. Give NC the free throws and put the chance to retie or win on your offense.

Merlin1958
03-19-2022, 02:14 PM

In no universe, regardless of hindsight, would I not have wanted Baylor to foul with the score tied and 11 seconds remaining. Give NC the free throws and put the chance to retie or win on your offense.

I hear you my brother from another mother. Man, I just sincerely LUV this event!!! The athletics, the spectacle, the drama and the suspense??? The first 2 rounds are simply the BEST!!!! And as a bonus my brackets are actually in the game for now!!!
More beer and wings........................STAT!!!!!! :lol1::lol1:

Randall Flagg
03-19-2022, 02:20 PM
Kansas

Merlin1958
03-19-2022, 02:23 PM
Ok so, the KAN game got a little exciting at the end there but, the Jayhawks prevailed!!! Thank TPTB!!! lol

Onto MICH/TENN........................................GO VOLUNTEERS!!!!!!!! :onfire::clap::clap::onfire:

:sharepopcorn::sharepopcorn::sharepopcorn::sharepo pcorn::sharepopcorn:

Merlin1958
03-19-2022, 02:44 PM
Still no thoughts or theories regarding the Great Gonzaga Mystery/Conundrum?????? LOL

I'm telling you it's like every year for the past 20+ years the Zags have at least 1 (alot of times 2) talented, 7ft tall, athletic white guys. Not always NBA material but notable NCAA careers. Where does he get them? What's his angle as a small university in the pacific northwest that's draws these guys? Inquiring minds want to know (If anybody out there really knows). Thanks!!!

Merlin1958
03-19-2022, 03:41 PM
MICH?TENN is like a tennis match, back n forth with the lead or the tie!! Looks like whomever has the ball last will win it!!

Go Volunteers!!!!!!

EDIT: Fulkerson with a HUGE block!!!!! TENN down by 4 with 2:01 to go!!!!! :pullhair::pullhair::pullhair:

Merlin1958
03-19-2022, 03:59 PM
TENN!!!!!!!!!

Fuck, fuck, fuck, fuck, fuck!!!! lol lol That one gonna hurt!!! lol

Randall Flagg
03-19-2022, 04:20 PM
Gonzaga is a Catholic institution located in the pacific northwest region of the USA. There is your answer.

Merlin1958
03-19-2022, 04:51 PM
Gonzaga is a Catholic institution located in the pacific northwest region of the USA. There is your answer.

So the Pope sends them there? lol j/k :wtf:

Full disclosure: I'm a Presbyterian and likely on the road to hell, but my wife and kids are all card carrying Catholics from, St. Raymonds in the Diocese of Rockville Ctr, N.Y.!!! Pizza on, Friday's!!!! lol lol

Merlin1958
03-19-2022, 07:48 PM
Man, I'm sorry. The, Zags are freaking KILLING me!!!! Up by 5 with 41 secs left. Another one goes to the wire!!! What a round!!! lol :pullhair:

Merlin1958
03-20-2022, 08:16 AM
Okay, boys and girls, last day of the first weekend of the most insane sports competition tournament in the world!!! Are we ready?

Chips? - Check
Dip? - Check
Ice Cold Beverage - Check
Most comfortable spot on the couch/favorite chair? - Check
Device to display brackets? - Check
Aspirin/Tylenol? - Check
Cigarettes/Cigar/pipe? - Check
Standing delivery order for your favorite wings? - Check
Copiousstock pile of "Wet Wipes"? Check
Pepto Bismol? - Check
Portable Defibrillator? - Check

Let's Go Boys!!! Go Zags!!!!!

:sharepopcorn::wtf::wtf::wtf::wtf::wtf::sharepopco rn:

Merlin1958
03-20-2022, 09:03 AM
Okay c'mon!! Illinois big named "COCKBURN". No body has a sophmoric or sarcastic remark about this kids unfortunate name? lol Announcers have steadfastly changed his name in the commentary to "COBURN". lol All the graphics and the back of his jersey remain, "COCKBURN"

Wonder if his, Dad assumed the name AFTER having his way (Biblically speaking) with his, Mother during conception. As in, "Damn Honey, now my "COCKBURN" something awful"!!! LOL

In all fairness though he's a talented big who came up huge for them the other day.

C'mon guys, no reason this can't be a little fun and silly you know!!! lol lol

Merlin1958
03-20-2022, 09:14 AM
How about voting for your favorite "March Madness" commercial? I thought the "Capital One" spots were a little on the silly side this year and not as good as previous years. Much to my surprise I have to go with the "AT&T/Coack K" spots, "I can't work the month of March". LOL Anyone else have some thoughts? lol

Side Note: Amazing to me that the hottest topic during the first 2 rounds is the incident where the Cheerleader was hoisted to the shoulders of another cheerleader in order to retrieve a ball stuck behind the backboard. lol lol

Merlin1958
03-20-2022, 09:53 AM
I'm curious. Is "Da'Monte Williams" related to "Del Monte Vegetables"? LOL

Is "Kofi Cockburn" a statement or a question? or is it an unfortunate translation issue? LOL

I just crack myself up!!! LOL

So the BIG question, after who will win the Big Dance, WHO will replace, Coach K @ Duke??????

I've heard, Jay Wright (from, Villanova(?), is a leading candidate. Anyone else heard any rumblings?

Merlin1958
03-20-2022, 10:33 AM
Well, the COUGARS, turned up the flame at the end and prevailed over, Illinois!!!! Another one bites the dust!! lol Fortunately, I had, Houston winning!!!

Next up, Villanova/Ohio State. With all the "Friday, Fish Eating Folks" in my house I had no choice but to go with, Villanova in this contest.

Side Note: I bet, Kofi's, "Cock" is "Burning" over the loss to Houston. What do you think? lol lol

All joking aside, Kofi was a force in the post for, Illinois. They probably should have tried harder to go to him in the paint. Not only would he have scored more often than not but, he would have drawn a lot of fouls that could have impacted, Houston over the course of the game. Always smart, right and insightful when coaching from the couch!!!! LOL LOL I'm a regular, "Coach K" from my armchair!!! I kid you not!!! lol lol

Lurker
03-20-2022, 10:56 AM
Okay c'mon!! Illinois big named "COCKBURN". No body has a sophmoric or sarcastic remark about this kids unfortunate name? lol Announcers have steadfastly changed his name in the commentary to "COBURN". lol All the graphics and the back of his jersey remain, "COCKBURN"

Wonder if his, Dad assumed the name AFTER having his way (Biblically speaking) with his, Mother during conception. As in, "Damn Honey, now my "COCKBURN" something awful"!!! LOL

In all fairness though he's a talented big who came up huge for them the other day.

Dissing someones's name isn't fun or silly.

Merlin1958
03-20-2022, 11:24 AM

Dissing someones's name isn't fun or silly.

Oh please!!! His name is "Cockburn"!!! I'm sure he has endured a joke or two in his day and persevered. otherwise, he would have changed it and maybe he should. The TV Commentators changed it for him during the games!! LOL

People need to lighten up and not take everything so seriously. No matter what you may say it's a funny name no two ways around it. Try and enjoy life and the little things and save the PC stuff for where it really counts. Of course, that's just my apparently singular opinion. I will likely be "cancelled" now!!! lol lol lol

If I do get "Cancelled" it would really make my "Cockburn"!!!!! lol lol lol

Merlin1958
03-20-2022, 01:24 PM
Duke vs MSU!! Coach K's last tournament!! This should be a classic!!

GO BLUE DEVILS!!!!!!!!!

:sharepopcorn::sharepopcorn::sharepopcorn::sharepo pcorn:

Merlin1958
03-20-2022, 01:57 PM
Hmmm, I believe they just said, John Scheyer will be taking over for, Coach K. Interesting choice. That could work out well for him. I sure hope so anyway!! lol

NeedfulKings
03-20-2022, 06:35 PM
Duke vs MSU!! Coach K's last tournament!! This should be a classic!!

GO BLUE DEVILS!!!!!!!!!

:sharepopcorn::sharepopcorn::sharepopcorn::sharepo pcorn:

I had to look it up - he's been coaching the Devils since 1980 (I was in the 8th grade). 42 years, 5 national titles, 12 Final Fours, 15 ACC tournament championships, and 13 ACC regular season titles. Wow.

Lurker
03-20-2022, 08:09 PM
Well, I said what I wanted to say - but seriously Bill. PMing me to just put you on some ignore list 'cause you don't like being called out? Clearly, the bully is upset. Well, when you post crude sexual crap - I'm calling it. Don't like it? Toughsies. Write whatever you want - but this my final comment.

NeedfulKings
03-20-2022, 08:31 PM
Well, I said what I wanted to say - but seriously Bill. PMing me to just put you on some ignore list 'cause you don't like being called out? Clearly, the bully is upset. Well, when you post crude sexual crap - I'm calling it. Don't like it? Toughsies. Write whatever you want - but this my final comment.

Not this Bill. I'm not sure what transpired, but I would hope that when addressing other members, there is nothing but trust and respect. If not, please reach out to a site administrator.

Lurker
03-20-2022, 08:34 PM
Wylde Bill as he signed himself - Merlin. Sorry.

NeedfulKings has always been a total gentleman.

fernandito
03-21-2022, 08:07 AM
Yooooo that AZ v TCU game last night was wild!

Garrell
03-24-2022, 07:26 PM
Down goes the Zags…

Joe315
03-24-2022, 10:51 PM
Down goes the Zags…

And the wildcats

Randall Flagg
03-25-2022, 08:18 AM
Well it's Kansas or bust for me. 3 of my final 4 are out.

ajw2910
03-25-2022, 06:03 PM
National Peacock Day!!! Love watching these guys getting to the elite 8. They have been on a terrific run!! Rooting for them to get to the Final 4.

Now to watch my St. Bonaventure team in the NIT final 4 on Tuesday. Go Bonnies!!!

NeedfulKings
03-25-2022, 06:23 PM
Well it's Kansas or bust for me. 3 of my final 4 are out.

Yep. You and I would be gunslinging for the top spot - go Jayhawks!

National Peacock Day!!! Love watching these guys getting to the elite 8. They have been on a terrific run!! Rooting for them to get to the Final 4.

Now to watch my St. Bonaventure team in the NIT final 4 on Tuesday. Go Bonnies!!!

I think everyone loves a Cinderella story and Saint Pete's giving us a show. The way they've played, they can be a Final Four team!

Garrell
03-25-2022, 06:34 PM
Go Villanova…

NeedfulKings
03-25-2022, 08:06 PM
Go Villanova…

Yep. Last fan standing! :)

Merlin1958
03-25-2022, 08:35 PM
I tell ya, man the tournament never disappoints!!! Cinderella's, Goliath's going down, buzzer beaters, etc. etc. It's just got it all!! Well, looks like I'm done but bou it has been great and we will be with the Elite eight tomorrow. I usually root for Duke and Coach K but I didn't think they had it in them this year. So far, I have been proven wrong, happily. Wouldn't it be awesome if, Coach K went home with a championship? lol So, I'm saying............................................ .

Go Blue Devils!!!!!

It could come down to a classic match-up between UNC and Duke in the final four!!! Perhaps, Villanova on the other side? That would be fitting as well. Gonna be a March Madness to remember whatever transpires!!

We'll remember it until next March anyway!!! lol lol

divemaster
03-28-2022, 05:48 AM
I came in last. :(

Merlin1958
03-28-2022, 08:03 AM
Duke vs UNC!!!!

Classic match-up!! Helluva way for Coach K to say good-bye!!!

NeedfulKings
04-03-2022, 03:58 PM
With Kansas making the finals and nobody else's team getting in, the final game is moot. Two players picked Kansas to win:

First Place goes to ME - Needfulkings, with a current point total of 820 (max 1140)
Second Place to Randall Flagg's rogue bracket (https://fantasy.espn.com/tournament-challenge-bracket/2022/en/entry?entryID=61903210) with a current point total of 720 (max 1040)

Congratulations and THANKS to all that played. NFL is right around the corner. :)

BedOfRoses
04-04-2022, 07:41 PM
Congratulations to Needfulkings and Randall Flagg! It's so hard to pick the winner in this contest so great job! :dance:

NeedfulKings
04-04-2022, 08:04 PM
Congratulations to Needfulkings and Randall Flagg! It's so hard to pick the winner in this contest so great job! :dance:

Thanks!

Jeanne (BedOfRoses) and I were in Kansas in 2020, just before the Covid Lockdown. It was a bittersweet trip as one of our nephews struggled with the final stages of cancer that took him from us less than 8 weeks later. Our other nephew was a student at Kansas and gave us the grand tour. It was a beautiful day to be distracted from reality. Congrats Jayhawks!

http://www.thedarktower.org/gallery/data/500/medium/IMG_7632.JPG

http://www.thedarktower.org/gallery/data/500/medium/IMG_7626.JPG

Lurker
04-05-2022, 03:44 AM
For just a second I saw that second picture and thought Wow what a basement...

Congrats to the winners!

CRinVA
04-05-2022, 07:58 AM
Rock Chalk Jayhawk

Go KU - my alma mater!!!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h51be27dN8c

NeedfulKings
04-05-2022, 03:28 PM
For just a second I saw that second picture and thought Wow what a basement...

Congrats to the winners!

Haha...nope, KU has their very own museum on campus. Pretty cool!

Rock Chalk Jayhawk

Go KU - my alma mater!!!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h51be27dN8c

Great video!

Jon
04-09-2022, 02:58 PM

Thanks!

Jeanne (BedOfRoses) and I were in Kansas in 2020, just before the Covid Lockdown. It was a bittersweet trip as one of our nephews struggled with the final stages of cancer that took him from us less than 8 weeks later. Our other nephew was a student at Kansas and gave us the grand tour. It was a beautiful day to be distracted from reality. Congrats Jayhawks!

http://www.thedarktower.org/gallery/data/500/medium/IMG_7632.JPG

http://www.thedarktower.org/gallery/data/500/medium/IMG_7626.JPG

Hmmm...no red shoes or little Toto dogs?

Merlin1958
04-09-2022, 08:12 PM
Big time congrats to the winner here and to the University of Kansas for the 2022 NCAA Tournament Champion!!!

It was a great tournament once again and I'll be looking forward to next year!!

Gonna be very fucking weird without, Coach K at the helm of the Blue Devils!! Wonder how much the recruiting will fall off?????

Randall Flagg
04-12-2022, 10:25 AM
Thanks Bill!

http://www.thedarktower.org/custom/images/1649787850-March%20Madness%20award.jpeg

NeedfulKings
04-12-2022, 08:18 PM
Alright! Trophies abound. For historical purposes:

This is NeedfulKing's first March Madness trophy

This is Randall Flagg's fourth March Madness trophy (First Place 2013, 2019 and Second Place 2021, 2022)

NeedfulKings
03-04-2023, 12:47 AM
I updated the first post with the group link and other details - brackets will lock on the 16th.

https://fantasy.espn.com/tournament-challenge-bracket/2023/en/group?groupID=14700

Randall Flagg
03-04-2023, 08:48 AM
Looks like I successfully joined.

Garrell
03-04-2023, 12:49 PM
In it to sorta win it...

NeedfulKings
03-04-2023, 06:54 PM
Looks like I successfully joined.

:dance:

In it to sorta win it...

This is a tough one - and it's like a late night infomercial from years ago: "Set it and forget it"

Garrell
03-04-2023, 09:59 PM
This is going to be a wild one.

Randall Flagg
03-12-2023, 11:04 AM
Selection night in a few hours.

Garrell
03-12-2023, 05:30 PM
Wonder who I pick…

Randall Flagg
03-13-2023, 09:00 AM
Well, let's hope this year I submitted my bracket properly.

NeedfulKings
03-14-2023, 08:52 PM
This is going to be a wild one.

Always the case!!!

Well, let's hope this year I submitted my bracket properly.

I think you're fine. I had fireworks and confetti letting me know my pick was made. :)

Only NINE people in so far. Odds are nice for the 2 trophies. If you're having doubts about playing, just GET IN THE GAME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lurker
03-15-2023, 08:51 PM
I did mine. But that Houston guy getting hurt throws me off. Even the local news doesn't know how hurt he is. Oh, well. Good luck all.

divemaster
03-20-2023, 01:41 AM
In the West and Midwest brackets, the 8 teams advancing are GONZAGA, UCLA, HOUSTON, MIAMI, XAVIER, TEXAS, ARKANSAS, and UCONN

My picks were: GONZAGA, UCLA, HOUSTON, MIAMI, XAVIER, TEXAS, ARKANSAS, and UCONN

I am a god.

NeedfulKings
03-24-2023, 07:03 PM
Unless their jockey falls off, we have a two-horse race with Lurker and RUBE (divemaster is there if the jockeys do fall off!). What a dismal March Madness for the rest of us. :mad1:

Randall Flagg
03-24-2023, 07:18 PM
In the West and Midwest brackets, the 8 teams advancing are GONZAGA, UCLA, HOUSTON, MIAMI, XAVIER, TEXAS, ARKANSAS, and UCONN

My picks were: GONZAGA, UCLA, HOUSTON, MIAMI, XAVIER, TEXAS, ARKANSAS, and UCONN

I am a god.

And modest too.

RUBE
03-25-2023, 08:16 PM
How on Earth did UConn get this good just in time for the tournament?

Randall Flagg
03-26-2023, 03:41 PM
Being an atheist, it's tough to say, but in this group it appears that "God" will win.

NeedfulKings
03-26-2023, 03:43 PM
Well - this is not uncommon for the contest to end this early. We all tried our best to get into the Final Four, Finals, and eventual winner. Alas, not this year.

Congrats to divemaster and Randall Flagg - this year's 1st and 2nd place winners!!!!!!

http://www.thedarktower.org/gallery/data/1123/medium/March_Madness.jpg

RUBE
03-26-2023, 05:17 PM
Congratulations guys!

Considering how the first round went for me, I am surprised to get third.

Lurker
03-26-2023, 05:55 PM
Blanking Texas.

Congrats guys!!!!!!

Garrell
03-26-2023, 06:05 PM
Congrats

BedOfRoses
03-26-2023, 06:25 PM
So close, Lurker!

Congrats to the winners! It was a tough contest this year for sure! :nana:

divemaster
03-27-2023, 05:05 AM
Thanks! What a crazy tournament. Final Four with a 4 seed, two 5s and a 9. None of the "top teams" even made the final weekend. Some wild games, too.

NeedfulKings
05-26-2023, 06:38 PM
Quite a delay, but trophies are in! We've had a few family matters that slowed things down, and our usual supplier moved warehouses, but never seemed to restock. So, we have a new supplier and I expect these will start going out next week. Thanks for the patience and congrats to the winners!

http://www.thedarktower.org/gallery/data/996/medium/IMG_2294.jpg

divemaster
05-27-2023, 02:02 PM
Those look awesome! Can't wait!. Thanks again for running these tourneys.

Randall Flagg
06-05-2023, 01:48 PM
The trophies look great.
Thanks for all you do to make the tournaments a success.

NeedfulKings
03-12-2024, 07:21 PM
I'll update the first post with this year's link. Brackets should be live in about 5 days. GET IN THE GAME!!!!

https://fantasy.espn.com/games/tournament-challenge-bracket-2024/group?id=1b6165ae-5c7e-3e69-b3de-d6cb45369bb1

Garrell
03-13-2024, 01:42 PM
Joined!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

divemaster
03-13-2024, 05:16 PM
It's hard to get excited when neither of my teams are likely to make the tourny, but I'm in regardless. Maybe magic will happen in the conference tournaments.

NeedfulKings
03-15-2024, 07:54 PM
Trust me - my team is NEVER in the tourney, so I just adopt as I go. :) It will be fun to watch some upsets, as usual.

divemaster
03-16-2024, 10:10 AM
It's hard to get excited when neither of my teams are likely to make the tourny, but I'm in regardless. Maybe magic will happen in the conference tournaments.

Well, magic did not happen. Both my teams lost first game. Talk about a buzzkill. Didn't even have a chance to hold on to a sliver of hope.

I'll play the contest for sure, but not likely to actually watch any of the games. Just not motivated. :(

Randall Flagg
03-16-2024, 05:10 PM
I believe I've entered. Looking forward to the fun. I know very little about Collegiate basketball, but in the past I was lucky.

Garrell
03-17-2024, 02:48 PM
In it to win it…maybe.
And bracket is filled!

NeedfulKings
03-19-2024, 03:55 PM
I believe I've entered. Looking forward to the fun. I know very little about Collegiate basketball, but in the past I was lucky.

Same here. Well, except for the "lucky" part. :)

In it to win it…maybe.
And bracket is filled!

Me too. Countdown to implosion in 3....2.....1.............

Randall Flagg
03-19-2024, 04:22 PM
I believe I've entered my picks.

RUBE
03-19-2024, 07:31 PM
Made my picks in about 5 minutes so it's probably not going to go well.

Lurker
03-20-2024, 07:39 AM
I thought it would be simple - pick local team that has been all over news all season as gonna win it, plus I have a piece of paper from them. OH but then UH lost their shorts in the last game by 30 points or so. Poof!

NeedfulKings
03-20-2024, 07:57 PM
Picking is always tough! Hence, the madness part.

I show games staring around 12:30 EST - brackets will lock then!

If you want to get in the game, you have a 2 in 10 chance of taking a trophy home!

Garrell
03-21-2024, 07:24 AM
1 in 9, one belongs to me:excited:

ajw2910
03-21-2024, 09:46 AM
Did my picks not go thru? Tony67hunting

RUBE
03-21-2024, 04:50 PM
It doesn't appear so.

NeedfulKings
03-21-2024, 05:15 PM
What a drag! ESPN has a lot going for it, but every year they tinker with shit and make it less intuitive. I’m not sure what happened. Sorry!

NeedfulKings
03-29-2024, 10:05 PM
I can't recall a time in recent contest history that everyone still has their team in the Elite Eight.

RUBE
03-30-2024, 06:14 AM
I may have my champion still around but the rest of my bracket is screwed. Guess I put way too much faith in the Big East.

Randall Flagg
03-30-2024, 05:51 PM
Well, I'm down to UConn. My final 4 is busted.
Seeing as how several others have UConn, they have a better chance to accrue points. Of course if UConn doesn't win it all, we have a few others in the game.

Lurker
03-31-2024, 03:35 PM
I can take a shower, get dressed, go to dinner and come home and the last minute of a basketball game will still be being played.

Garrell
03-31-2024, 10:02 PM
Only 3 of us left to win:excited:

NeedfulKings
04-08-2024, 11:28 PM
Congratulations to the winners of this year's Madness!

1st Place - Garrell
2nd Place - Lurker

This is Garrell's third 1st Place win! This is Lurker's second 2nd place trophy.

Great job!

Garrell
04-09-2024, 08:48 AM
Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lurker
04-09-2024, 10:05 AM
Wow. I am surprised. After a horrible first round I figured I might be in runninng for last...

Congrats to Garrell and all who played. Thanks NeedfulKings, you were great show runner!

Randall Flagg
04-09-2024, 05:33 PM
Congrats to Garrell. He certainly knows his college sports very well.

Garrell
04-10-2024, 07:08 AM
I live college sports!!!!!!!!!!