PDA

View Full Version : New Stephen King novel Fairy Tale out September 6, 2022

CyberGhostface
01-22-2022, 07:48 PM
https://www.simonandschuster.com/books/Fairy-Tale/Stephen-King/9781668002179

Legendary storyteller Stephen King goes deep into the well of his imagination in this spellbinding novel about a seventeen-year-old boy who inherits the keys to a parallel world where good and evil are at war, and the stakes could not be higher—for their world or ours.

Charlie Reade looks like a regular high school kid, great at baseball and football, a decent student. But he carries a heavy load. His mom was killed in a hit-and-run accident when he was ten, and grief drove his dad to drink. Charlie learned how to take care of himself—and his dad. Then, when Charlie is seventeen, he meets Howard Bowditch, a recluse with a big dog in a big house at the top of a big hill. In the backyard is a locked shed from which strange sounds emerge, as if some creature is trying to escape. When Mr. Bowditch dies, he leaves Charlie the house, a massive amount of gold, a cassette tape telling a story that is impossible to believe, and a responsibility far too massive for a boy to shoulder.

Because within the shed is a portal to another world—one whose denizens are in peril and whose monstrous leaders may destroy their own world, and ours. In this parallel universe, where two moons race across the sky, and the grand towers of a sprawling palace pierce the clouds, there are exiled princesses and princes who suffer horrific punishments; there are dungeons; there are games in which men and women must fight each other to the death for the amusement of the “Fair One.” And there is a magic sundial that can turn back time.

A story as old as myth, and as startling and iconic as the rest of King’s work, Fairy Tale is about an ordinary guy forced into the hero’s role by circumstance, and it is both spectacularly suspenseful and satisfying.

jeffingoff
01-22-2022, 08:14 PM

Legendary storyteller Stephen King goes deep into the well of his imagination in this spellbinding novel about a seventeen-year-old boy who inherits the keys to a parallel world where good and evil are at war, and the stakes could not be higher—for their world or ours.

Charlie Reade looks like a regular high school kid, great at baseball and football, a decent student. But he carries a heavy load. His mom was killed in a hit-and-run accident when he was ten, and grief drove his dad to drink. Charlie learned how to take care of himself—and his dad. Then, when Charlie is seventeen, he meets Howard Bowditch, a recluse with a big dog in a big house at the top of a big hill. In the backyard is a locked shed from which strange sounds emerge, as if some creature is trying to escape. When Mr. Bowditch dies, he leaves Charlie the house, a massive amount of gold, a cassette tape telling a story that is impossible to believe, and a responsibility far too massive for a boy to shoulder.

Because within the shed is a portal to another world—one whose denizens are in peril and whose monstrous leaders may destroy their own world, and ours. In this parallel universe, where two moons race across the sky, and the grand towers of a sprawling palace pierce the clouds, there are exiled princesses and princes who suffer horrific punishments; there are dungeons; there are games in which men and women must fight each other to the death for the amusement of the “Fair One.” And there is a magic sundial that can turn back time.

A story as old as myth, and as startling and iconic as the rest of King’s work, Fairy Tale is about an ordinary guy forced into the hero’s role by circumstance, and it is both spectacularly suspenseful and satisfying.

Wow. This sounds amazing. Like the Talisman full speed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ari_Racing
01-22-2022, 08:54 PM
Can be preordered here:

https://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/fairy-tale-stephen-king/1140917915?ean=9781668002179&fbclid=IwAR2RJoJtToghdkoqRoyW8fHiV9sP531APHca2V0gz EIWUiviwnYBaoehJ4Y

Ari_Racing
01-22-2022, 08:55 PM
608 pages.

mae
01-22-2022, 09:06 PM
Sounds a bit like The Neverending Story. I'm so in!

mae
01-22-2022, 09:10 PM
https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/817uEaXLI7L.jpg

herbertwest
01-23-2022, 04:12 AM
One thing that intrigues me is... the last time King talked about his upcoming novel, he said it was a story with Holly.
So, how will it connect with her?
Will she travel to that other world?

Ari_Racing
01-23-2022, 04:47 AM
They're not the same books

fitomad
01-23-2022, 04:49 AM
One thing that intrigues me is... the last time King talked about his upcoming novel, he said it was a story with Holly.
So, how will it connect with her?
Will she travel to that other world?

It seems to be different books

herbertwest
01-23-2022, 05:47 AM
Guess or certainty?

Ari_Racing
01-23-2022, 05:47 AM
Certain. :)

MikeDuke
01-23-2022, 11:27 AM
Wow. That sound awesome. It seems like a bit of Barker fair tale and King mixed in. I hope I can a S\L if there is one or just a signed first, if there is one.
but this is a definite for me.

St. Troy
01-23-2022, 01:29 PM
Lots of potential here - including the potential for a dull or muddled rehash of earlier work. As always with anything King: fingers crossed.

mattgreenbean
01-24-2022, 07:28 AM
Yeah, I'm excited about this!

Bev Vincent
01-24-2022, 08:29 AM
Read an exclusive excerpt (https://ew.com/books/stephen-king-fairy-tale-new-novel-excerpt/?utm_campaign=entertainmentweekly_entertainmentwee kly&utm_content=new&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_term=61eec27d1673170001ca0b3a)

herbertwest
01-24-2022, 10:03 AM
Intriguing... could that story be linked about how the world moved on?

mae
01-24-2022, 10:49 AM
Could absolutely be DT-related, yes. Could this even be a stealth Talisman 3?

Hunchback Jack
01-24-2022, 11:06 AM
“Charlie Reade” … “Childe Roland” … hmm.

HBJ

webstar1000
01-24-2022, 11:08 AM
I know some info and cannot say..... BUT this is going to be a very good book. I have spoken to someone that has read it. They said it is 80's King coming out here.... LOVED the book.

craigobau
01-24-2022, 12:37 PM
Short excerpt on EW.com

https://ew.com/books/stephen-king-fairy-tale-new-novel-excerpt/

St. Troy
01-24-2022, 12:42 PM
I liked the excerpt, but I'm worried about Fairy Tale being its own story: what with Charlie’s situation (trouble at home, parallel world) reminding me of The Talisman and the portal to another world in a shed reminding me of From A Buick 8, the whole thing could easily slide sideways into The Dark Tower. I don't mind parallels or similar themes, but I don't want actual connections.

DT or Talisman connections) would likely ruin it for me (if I see the word ka in this book, even once, I will toss it into a fire).]

St. Troy
01-24-2022, 12:44 PM
I know some info and cannot say..... BUT this is going to be a very good book. I have spoken to someone that has read it. They said it is 80's King coming out here.... LOVED the book.

Sounds good, and I hope so, but his newer things are occasionally described this way ("the kid power of The Institute," anyone?) and then turn out to be a bit flatter.

RichardX
01-24-2022, 02:24 PM
Lots of potential here - including the potential for a dull or muddled rehash of earlier work. As always with anything King: fingers crossed.

Agree. I'll read anything by King, but it's been a long while since he wrote a great book. The last one was 11.22.63 in my opinion. Some of the others have been downright embarrassing either in terms of plot (Billy Summers) or rehash - as in third runner up in write a Stephen King book contest (The Institute).

herbertwest
01-25-2022, 05:00 AM
I wonder if the excerpt was an online exclusive or also in a printed version?

ur2ndbiggestfan
01-25-2022, 06:29 AM
Anyone wanting the UK trade paperback, order now at The Book Depository for $20.62.

fernandito
01-25-2022, 08:41 AM

Damn, this synopsis sounds freaking dope! I'm really excited for this one, the way I haven't been for a King book in a long time.

September can't come soon enough!

Merlin1958
02-14-2022, 06:15 AM
Is anyone aware of any UK variants for this edition? usually, WH Smith or another UK publisher (name escapes me) offer, "Collector Editions" with different DJ's or what not. I usually buy them for my collection. Thanks in advance!!

craigobau
02-14-2022, 08:55 AM

Damn, this synopsis sounds freaking dope! I'm really excited for this one, the way I haven't been for a King book in a long time.

Neither WH Smith, nor Waterstones, have advertised any variants so far.

Merlin1958
02-14-2022, 08:57 AM

Neither WH Smith, nor Waterstones, have advertised any variants so far.

Thanks. I'll keep a weather eye out as we approach the release date.

herbertwest
02-16-2022, 03:27 AM
Is we're talking about "Fairy Tale" it's probably a bit early.
If we're talking about Gwendy, that's a good question, but I haven't heard about variants

Bev Vincent
03-02-2022, 07:56 AM
From the KingCast interview: "I've got a book coming in the fall called FAIRY TALE and that is also about another world, but I tried to keep it as separate from the world of Gilead and all the associated places with the Dark Tower as possible and even then it crept in a little bit. It always creeps in."

webstar1000
03-02-2022, 08:20 AM
I MIGHT… be getting signed copies of Fairy Tail. Will advise here and classified when I know for sure but it’s looking good

Stockerlone
04-10-2022, 03:11 AM
In Germany, Fairy Tale get published at 14. September 2022
Since its probably possible to get the book earlier, this is the world first ed.:idea:

Randall Flagg
04-10-2022, 09:15 AM
How is September 14th earlier than September 6th?

Stockerlone
04-10-2022, 09:33 AM
How is September 14th earlier than September 6th?

Sep 14 is the ´official ´ date, but its was/is always possible to get the book several days/a week earlier....

Stockerlone
04-17-2022, 08:18 AM
Stephen King - Fairy Tale
German ed.
https://i2.wp.com/newspress.stephen-king.de/wp-content/uploads/2022/03/king-fairy-tale.jpg?w=350&ssl=1

herbertwest
04-17-2022, 10:22 AM
That cover is... special

Merlin1958
04-18-2022, 03:45 PM
Stephen King - Fairy Tale
German ed.
https://i2.wp.com/newspress.stephen-king.de/wp-content/uploads/2022/03/king-fairy-tale.jpg?w=350&ssl=1

That cover is... special

That's a nice DJ cover but, against odds I actually prefer the US cover this time. I usually am a fan of the UK/EUR DJ's over US ones except in this case so far anyway.

Randall Flagg
05-11-2022, 11:10 AM
Do we have a UK cover yet?

herbertwest
05-11-2022, 11:31 PM
Nope, but it shouldnt be too long now

herbertwest
05-26-2022, 01:45 AM
The UK cover has appeared on amazon UK (https://amzn.to/3yZB5Vr)

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/51vwX2bpiiL.jpg

stroppygoblin
05-26-2022, 06:15 AM

The Catalog has been updated.

St. Troy
05-26-2022, 06:41 AM

I like it, but I wish it looked like they spent more than 45 minutes on the image itself.

mattgreenbean
05-26-2022, 11:57 AM

I like it, but I wish it looked like they spent more than 45 minutes on the image itself.

Coverart: Shutterstock.com

Merlin1958
05-26-2022, 01:28 PM

The Catalog has been updated.

Any purported variants on the horizon from, Waterstones or WH Smith that is known about? You know these new books are starting to add up these days!! lol 2 US editions: 1 reader/1 collector. A CD 1st w/case and up to 3 UK editions sometimes!1 lol At least it keeps me "collecting" annually at the very least. lol Although, I admit I still hunt for the occasional "upgrade" as they fall unto my radar!! lol

Latest acquisition was a 1st UK "Salem's Lot" that was one of the few "holes in my collection. Last upgrade before that was a S/L Christine!! The Lot was purchased from, "Onefathom" a true gentleman and a scholar as well as an excellent seller!! And the other from my good friend, George from Colorado Springs. He is an awesome person as well. I apologize for rambling on. I return you to your regularly scheduled programming. lol

Randall Flagg
05-26-2022, 05:23 PM
That UK cover is one of the weakest I've ever seen. Basically looks crappy computer generated art.

mcbanick
05-27-2022, 01:25 AM
That UK cover is one of the weakest I've ever seen. Basically looks crappy computer generated art.

It reminds me of a 90s era YA novel cover. Could be intentional... or just an odd coincidence

shaq
05-27-2022, 11:19 AM
Intriguing... could that story be linked about how the world moved on?

I am really excited about this one. I posted elsewhere that based on the premise, it feels like there could be a link to talisman/black house, or if not, quite possibly, and more likely….I’ll spoiler this…. Well I tried, so I will tone it down to ….

I thing there may be a link to Gwendy Final Task.

Either way, or if totally separate, sounds really good.

ur2ndbiggestfan
06-29-2022, 07:58 AM
Strange, Barnes & Noble cancelled my order for the LARGE PRINT edition today, saying the publisher is no longer carrying this title, but it's still available at The Book Depository, so I ordered one from there.
We will see!

fernandito
06-29-2022, 11:50 AM

Agreed. I think if there was even a touch of something sinister, ominous etc., it would have been a cool cover. As it stands tho it's pretty damn boring.

herbertwest
08-11-2022, 02:11 AM
I was told that the paperback version of "Billy Summers" have an excerpt of the upcoming "Fairy Tale"

At least in the Scribner verison, but I guess it's also the case in the Hodder one

herbertwest
08-11-2022, 02:12 AM
Also, according to the audiobook page of "Fairy Tale", on amazon (https://amzn.to/3dplW6X), it seems that King is reading some part of the audiobook
Given that the copy I have doesnt have an introduction, I wonder what it is.

Maybe just the acknowledgments at the end.
Maybe more
Will see

https://m.media-amazon.com/images/I/51JPGI50RSL.jpg

Bev Vincent
08-11-2022, 09:15 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4IDmG0zMoSQ

Merlin1958
08-18-2022, 09:17 AM
Looking forward to this one!! Sounds like a winner!!

Lurker
08-31-2022, 07:20 PM
Quite a few indie bookstores are offering this. I hope the one I ordered comes through!

"Pre-order FAIRY TALE from us and you will receive a collectible mini-broadside! This 5"x7" broadside will have gold foil and embossing and will feature interior art from the book as well as an excerpt."

ur2ndbiggestfan
09-01-2022, 03:35 AM
Thanks for the heads-up!
I pre-ordered one from a local bookstore and added a note that I ordered ONLY to get the broadside!
We will see!

mae
09-01-2022, 06:04 AM
NYT review:

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/09/01/books/review/stephen-king-fairy-tale.html

ur2ndbiggestfan
09-01-2022, 06:33 AM
Within a half hour of ordering FAIRY TALE from an independent bookshop I received a confirmation E-mail I'd also be receiving the broadside, and also that the production company manufacturing them has experienced a delay, which means they will hold the book for me until they can send both at once.

A delay, eh? Now, where oh where have I heard that before regarding pre-ordered books? Can't quite put my finger on it......

craigobau
09-01-2022, 08:18 AM
Another review;

https://slate.com/culture/2022/08/stephen-king-fairy-tale-book-2022-novel-review.html

mikeC
09-01-2022, 08:37 AM
Also, according to the audiobook page of "Fairy Tale", on amazon (https://amzn.to/3dplW6X), it seems that King is reading some part of the audiobook
Given that the copy I have doesnt have an introduction, I wonder what it is.

Maybe just the acknowledgments at the end.
Maybe more
Will see

https://m.media-amazon.com/images/I/51JPGI50RSL.jpg

I can't believe the cd version is still listed for $80! I thought closer to release date it would go down.

MikeDuke
09-01-2022, 08:43 AM
He isn't doing a tour for this book is he.

Lurker
09-01-2022, 01:48 PM
I just got my e-mail confirmation -
We’ve received your preorder for Stephen King's Fairy Tale including the preorder offer and have processed it. We will be in touch again when the book is published and ready for you!

Nothing about a delay, but I guess I'm in the minority as those do not bother me.

Niels
09-03-2022, 04:22 AM
The Dutch edition is available in stores in the Netherlands.https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20220903/4d606f3b10abbeefee29acb436d2b3dc.jpg

Oy's Night Out
09-06-2022, 01:30 AM
Sitting here in Melbourne Australia waiting for the Amazon courier to deliver my copy as they promised they would on release day!! It's 7.30pm, getting anxious, feel like I need one chapter before bed at least!!

craigobau
09-06-2022, 08:12 AM
From the H&S newsletter earlier today;

“ Fairy Tale limited, signed edition -The publication date of the Fairy Tale limited, signed edition has moved to 15th September. Existing customers will be notified by email with full details of this change.

Due to cancellations and duplicate orders from the original sale date, a VERY limited number of copies will be released for sale on 12 September at specialeditionbooks.co.uk

Only one copy per customer. Not available to US, Canada, the Philippines and some other territories (check the website for full details)”

https://specialeditionbooks.co.uk/products/fairy-tale

ur2ndbiggestfan
09-06-2022, 08:42 AM
I've still got a chance!

I wonder if I'd be better off buying the equivalent in cash of lottery tickets though.

frik
09-06-2022, 10:27 AM
From the H&S newsletter earlier today;

“ Fairy Tale limited, signed edition -The publication date of the Fairy Tale limited, signed edition has moved to 15th September. Existing customers will be notified by email with full details of this change.

Well....at least one copy made it to the Netherlands ahead of the 15th. Love this edition.

sk

https://imagizer.imageshack.com/v2/1024x768q90/922/SLaRSw.jpg

https://imagizer.imageshack.com/v2/1024x768q90/923/N6pvNA.jpg

https://imagizer.imageshack.com/v2/1024x768q90/924/SL6SkE.jpg

St. Troy
09-06-2022, 10:35 AM
Well....at least one copy made it to the Netherlands ahead of the 15th. Love this edition.

That is a beautiful edition.

Garrell
09-06-2022, 06:24 PM
WOW

Stockerlone
09-08-2022, 11:27 PM
Haven't bought it but the German HC Fairy Tale is available in Germany for a few days.

mikeC
09-09-2022, 07:25 AM
oof those creases in that sig page....

Bev Vincent
09-09-2022, 08:55 AM
In case you were wondering, the illustrations for the odd-numbered chapters were done by Gabriel Rodríguez and the even-numbered chapters by Nico Delort

Randall Flagg
09-09-2022, 09:33 AM
And the dedication reads: Thinking of REH, ERB, and, of course HPL

Hunchback Jack
09-09-2022, 02:15 PM
Burroughs and Lovecraft, but who's the first?

HBJ

stroppygoblin
09-09-2022, 02:30 PM
Burroughs and Lovecraft, but who's the first?

HBJ

Robert E Howard?

Hunchback Jack
09-09-2022, 02:59 PM
Ah, yes. Thanks, Simon.

mae
09-09-2022, 04:21 PM
Is it just me or does the book feel a bit more cheaply made than usual?

Curly
09-09-2022, 08:14 PM

Two different editions. One nice one printed in USA. The other crappy one is printed in Italy by Amazon. Check your copyright page.

mae
09-10-2022, 04:37 AM

Two different editions. One nice one printed in USA. The other crappy one is printed in Italy by Amazon. Check your copyright page.

Yes, I have the Italian version. How to make sure I get the other one?

Randall Flagg
09-10-2022, 08:29 AM
Don't buy from Amazon. Buy in person at a Barnes and Noble.

mae
09-10-2022, 08:39 AM
Does anyone need a "variant" for their collection? :P Otherwise maybe I'll just buy a copy from B&N and return the Amazon copy. I got a nice deal and only paid $16.

ur2ndbiggestfan
09-10-2022, 09:52 AM
I just ordered FAIRY TALE from Amazon in order to get the Italian edition!
Mama Mia!

I also just received an e-mail saying the broadsides have been received and that order is also on the way!

zachip
09-10-2022, 09:56 AM
Anyone knows where to get online a 1st non Italian print?

Randall Flagg
09-10-2022, 10:40 AM
Barnes and Noble online.

Lurker
09-10-2022, 03:20 PM
I got mine from BookPeople in Austin.

Ricky
09-10-2022, 03:59 PM
Target had NO copies. What is up with that?

MikeDuke
09-10-2022, 04:23 PM
I am probably wrong, but this may not be a huge run of first ed's. When someone went B&N to get one for me, they said there were
hardly any there at all. I wonder if is a 1Mill first print run, or less.
P.S I think it was above the number line it mine said
"Manufactured in The United States of America."
So there are other ones that are not built up to quality?
I wonder how many were actually made in the U.S?

ur2ndbiggestfan
09-10-2022, 06:06 PM
I bought mine at Target the day of release, but had to ask a salesperson to go in the back and get me one since I was there at 8AM just for that.

herbertwest
09-11-2022, 05:22 AM

Is it "just" a paper feeling or something visual?
Would be interesting to see different pictures :)

Is it the first time that Amazon has their own printed versions?

Randall Flagg
09-11-2022, 07:45 AM
Here is the "Italian " printed CR page:

http://www.thedarktower.org/custom/images/1662911116-Italian%20printed%20Fairy%20Tale.JPG

Curly
09-11-2022, 09:25 PM

Is it "just" a paper feeling or something visual?
Would be interesting to see different pictures :)

Is it the first time that Amazon has their own printed versions?

Amazon started out as a book company. They have always printed books.
Big differences. One is stitched,, the other is glued.

mikeC
09-12-2022, 09:59 AM
I ordered from Bookshop.org supporting local bookstores and I received the USA one.

Merlin1958
09-12-2022, 10:05 AM
All I went after was 2 AMAZON copies (1 for collection/1 for reading) and both were 1/1's. I'm also waiting on 2 copies of the UK version (1 standard/1 W.H. Smith) for my collection. I didn't really pursue anything else. Should I though? lol

BTW, 150 pages in and I am enjoying it so far!!!

mae
09-13-2022, 02:26 PM
Picked up a "printed in the US" copy at the B&N, not a huge difference, but the quality of the paper is better and binding is sewn, and the book feels weightier and looks thicker.

Hunchback Jack
09-14-2022, 07:34 AM
All I went after was 2 AMAZON copies (1 for collection/1 for reading) and both were 1/1's. I'm also waiting on 2 copies of the UK version (1 standard/1 W.H. Smith) for my collection. I didn't really pursue anything else. Should I though? lol

There is the UK independent bookstore edition, which has differently-colored boards, a different quote on the spine, and different colored end papers, I think. There are four UK variants in all, counting the S/L.

HBJ

Merlin1958
09-14-2022, 12:13 PM

There is the UK independent bookstore edition, which has differently-colored boards, a different quote on the spine, and different colored end papers, I think. There are four UK variants in all, counting the S/L.

HBJ

Grandpa, gotta draw the line somewhere!! lol lol

RichardX
09-20-2022, 08:44 AM
I'm really enjoying this one early on. The main character reminds me a bit of "Joyland." I wonder if Uncle Stevie has been reading "Catcher in the Rye" recently as there are some subtle similarities in the character dialect.

Curly
09-20-2022, 10:34 PM
I read the book, but when it came to the cassette tape, I listened to King reading it on the audiobook. He does a great job narrating it.

Hunchback Jack
09-21-2022, 11:55 PM
I posted this in the collector's thread, but it probably better belongs here. Purple TPB variant on sale in Australia (in addition to the standard blue TPB):

http://www.thedarktower.org/gallery/data/1013/7950056E-942E-4C4C-ACDA-B2A419A6F832.jpeg

HBJ

ur2ndbiggestfan
09-22-2022, 05:44 AM
I want that Australian edition if anyone's willing to send one to me!

Merlin1958
09-24-2022, 09:43 AM
I posted this in the collector's thread, but it probably better belongs here. Purple TPB variant on sale in Australia (in addition to the standard blue TPB):

http://www.thedarktower.org/gallery/data/1013/7950056E-942E-4C4C-ACDA-B2A419A6F832.jpeg

HBJ

Looks identical to the UK edition I received from Amazon.UK. Isn't that typical, as I recall, Aussy editions are just imported UK editions, no?

stroppygoblin
09-24-2022, 02:38 PM

HBJ

Looks identical to the UK edition I received from Amazon.UK. Isn't that typical, as I recall, Aussy editions are just imported UK editions, no?

That's a paperback. They are sold in WHSmith outlets - mostly in Airports.

Merlin1958
09-26-2022, 07:53 AM

HBJ

That's a paperback. They are sold in WHSmith outlets - mostly in Airports.

Sorry, I was referring to the cover. UK dj Is identical looking.

Hunchback Jack
09-26-2022, 03:30 PM
Yeah, Australia gets UK editions, generally (although often printed locally). What surprised me about this edition is the purple cover - I didn't realize WH Smith did purple trade paperbacks in the UK, or that Australia got them (no WH Smith there).

The "standard" edition in Australia is the blue-ish UK cover in trade paperback. First time I've seen a purple cover.

HBJ

Merlin1958
09-26-2022, 08:09 PM
Yeah, Australia gets UK editions, generally (although often printed locally). What surprised me about this edition is the purple cover - I didn't realize WH Smith did purple trade paperbacks in the UK, or that Australia got them (no WH Smith there).

The "standard" edition in Australia is the blue-ish UK cover in trade paperback. First time I've seen a purple cover.

HBJ

I can't really speak to that. I hate PB's, won't buy 'em, won't collect 'em!! lol lol It's a long story. lol

FWIW, I generally get the W.H. Smith editions and they are usually of a purple theme. They;re sort of a "WTF" purchase cause I have a near complete U.K. collection as well as U.S. Anyway they're nothing really special about them, IMHO

RichardX
09-29-2022, 05:02 AM
There doesn't seem to be anyplace to discuss the book itself unless I'm missing it. I'm assuming most here have had a chance to read it by now. Interested in how it is being received. Maybe there should be a drinking game for each time TCM and AA is mentioned?

Ari_Racing
10-26-2022, 07:41 AM
A Special Edition has been announced:

https://www.simonandschuster.com/p/fairy-tale-special-edition

herbertwest
10-26-2022, 08:03 AM
Was going to post about it :)

I asked my contact if they happen to have pictures of the final book with the slipcase
Curious to see what they would be like, but the endpapers look stunning !

herbertwest
10-28-2022, 01:55 AM
There will only be 2000 copies of this special edition

> https://www.simonandschuster.com/p/fairy-tale-special-edition

https://d1hbl61hovme3a.cloudfront.net/assets_us/9781668002179-bookshot-1.png

herbertwest
01-27-2023, 12:57 AM
SIGNED fairy tale to win on Twitter :

https://twitter.com/ScribnerBooks/status/1618639910503677952

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FnaQazUWIAYAkC3?format=jpg&name=large

herbertwest
02-10-2023, 01:00 AM
Btw, the contest ended a week ago
Were winners announced?

Ari probably? :D

St. Troy
02-17-2023, 09:52 AM
I’m reading FT now and have a question for anyone who’s finished it: how much does he give away about Something Wicked This Way Comes? I’m 180 pages into FT and he’s already mentioned a few things about it, and since I’ve never read SWTWC but plan to this year, I want to avoid knowing the whole thing going in.

Bev Vincent
02-17-2023, 10:16 AM
Not much, really.

St. Troy
02-17-2023, 10:19 AM
Thanks!

Ari_Racing
02-17-2023, 03:01 PM
Btw, the contest ended a week ago
Were winners announced?

Ari probably? :D

Nope. haha