PDA

View Full Version : "Yellowjackets", Anyone????? **Spoilers**

Merlin1958
01-09-2022, 07:18 PM
So, is anybody viewing the show, "Yellowjackets" running on, Showtime? I have to admit I didn't have very high expectations going into this show and so far I was very wrong. Between the subject matter, the cast and the Past/Present show style I'm pretty intrigued and enjoying the show so far.

Showtime has also announced a second season of the Horror/Drama/Mystery (Perhaps a dash of supernatural?). If anyone out there is watching................... theories, thoughts and or criticisms? Please mark spoilers.

webstar1000
01-10-2022, 05:07 AM
Amazing show. Almost caught up!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Heather19
01-10-2022, 10:34 AM
I just asked about this in another thread. I'm loving the show! Was hoping it was just a single season/complete show but was realizing there was no way they would be able to tie everything up. So I guess I'm glad there will be more. I just hope they don't drag it on for too many seasons.

webstar1000
01-10-2022, 11:54 AM
I just asked about this in another thread. I'm loving the show! Was hoping it was just a single season/complete show but was realizing there was no way they would be able to tie everything up. So I guess I'm glad there will be more. I just hope they don't drag it on for too many seasons.
I definitely see another season coming…. It’s impossible for them to wrap that in 50 mins!

Heather19
01-10-2022, 03:12 PM
Oh I know, I was getting nervous as the season was nearing the end and there's so much more story to tell. I'll be bummed when the season is over.

Merlin1958
01-10-2022, 03:51 PM
So, what is, Adam's deal? Anybody got a theory?

Still Servant
01-12-2022, 05:03 PM
I love the 90s setting. The show has been a lot of fun for sure.

Merlin1958
01-12-2022, 05:33 PM
Alright, I'll go.................................Adam is, Travis' little brother all grown up? I'd say its a 70/30 chance

Heather19
01-13-2022, 10:52 AM
Alright, I'll go.................................Adam is, Travis' little brother all grown up? I'd say its a 70/30 chance

Hadn't really thought of that but I have been wondering what happened to him.

Still Servant
01-15-2022, 05:09 PM

I thought that too, but after the most recent episode, I changed my mind.

Merlin1958
01-16-2022, 09:20 PM
Well, they popped a few cliffhangars at us!!! lol

webstar1000
01-17-2022, 02:58 AM
I’d say Bill!!! The last 10 minutes was INSANE! Fuck I love this show. Such a LOST vibe and I miss that!!!

Merlin1958
01-17-2022, 08:15 AM
I’d say Bill!!! The last 10 minutes was INSANE! Fuck I love this show. Such a LOST vibe and I miss that!!!

That's exactly what kinda worries me...........LOST. lol They created like 5-6 more questions while answering almost nothing as yet, right? We're not even sure about, Adam.

Do the math with me, 18 survivors (15 girls 3 boys) and so far only 5 make it back. Laura dies in the plane, Jackie freezes and (apparently) Lottie also mage it back and they ate the rest? lol So, by my count, as of the season end there should be still 13 girls and 3 boys right? Though, Javi is among the missing sort of.

Heather19
01-17-2022, 09:41 AM
Yes, I'm super curious if there's others that made it back that we just haven't seen yet. I was quite shocked by the ending, I didn't see that coming.

webstar1000
01-17-2022, 10:50 AM
Yes, I'm super curious if there's others that made it back that we just haven't seen yet. I was quite shocked by the ending, I didn't see that coming.

Nope. The ending was insane. And I assume there is some we have not seen.. it just makes sense. That secret room though floored us! lol

webstar1000
01-17-2022, 10:55 AM
Showrunner said it will run for 5 seasons and 50 episodes.

webstar1000
01-17-2022, 11:09 AM
So, how many are left at the end? We know there is 4 in present day (5 with the loss of Travis) and Lottie is mentioned... but that leaves 4 unaccounted for right?

Merlin1958
01-17-2022, 03:20 PM
IDK if we should be utilizing spoiler tags or not so I'll be safe and.........

As I stated above, my count was 15 girls (the soccer team) and 3 boys. We know, Travis was rescued as well as, Shauna, Tai, Misty and Natalie. Also presumably, Lottie is alive. We know that, Jackie and Laura are confirmed dead. So, by my count there should be 13 girls and 3 boys (though the Coach is not long for the world IMHO lol) still alive in the mountains at present. That seem right to you folks?

Still Servant
01-19-2022, 04:50 PM
I don't know how they squeeze 5 seasons out of this show but I'm here for it.

webstar1000
01-19-2022, 05:29 PM
I don't know how they squeeze 5 seasons out of this show but I'm here for it.

Agreed. Lost could have been 5. Maybe….

Heather19
01-20-2022, 05:54 AM
That's my fear as well. Hopefully they don't drag out the story just to keep it going. I'm hoping since they announced that, that they have a concrete idea of the story and what they're going to do with it.

webstar1000
01-20-2022, 05:58 AM
That's my fear as well. Hopefully they don't drag out the story just to keep it going. I'm hoping since they announced that, that they have a concrete idea of the story and what they're going to do with it.

They say its done and already written... just has to be filmed SO that is promising. The next season drops this fall!

Heather19
01-20-2022, 03:38 PM
That's definitely reassuring to hear. Can't wait for the next season!

Still Servant
01-20-2022, 04:44 PM
My coworker got this today.

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/51833545155_c721bcb8de_z.jpg

mae
01-23-2022, 04:50 PM
Just started this. Really impressed so far! And as someone from New Jersey I’m loving all the little NJ references. Too bad it actually wasn’t filmed here. It gets a lot of unwarranted ridicule but I love my state and it’s great to see it in media!

Brian861
01-29-2022, 05:36 PM
I really enjoyed the series. Looking forward to seeing more.

Bev Vincent
02-07-2022, 07:13 AM
I binged it in three days. I want to know:

* What happened to Shauna's kid -- I thought for sure she'd have a miscarriage during the magic mushroom fest
* How is the group split? It looks like there are six or seven of them at the masked ceremony
* Who went into the pit with the punji sticks?
* Where is Javi?
* Is there more to know about Adam. I suspect not, but still...
* Are there other survivors? I thought for sure someone else would show up at the reunion.
* Who will play Lotte in 2021?

... and so much more!

Plus it took me a while to figure out that the girl who broke her leg during practice was the woman who organized the reunion.

It really was worthwhile to go back and watch the first episode again when I finished.

webstar1000
02-07-2022, 07:27 AM
I binged it in three days. I want to know:

* What happened to Shauna's kid -- I thought for sure she'd have a miscarriage during the magic mushroom fest
* How is the group split? It looks like there are six or seven of them at the masked ceremony
* Who went into the pit with the punji sticks?
* Where is Javi?
* Is there more to know about Adam. I suspect not, but still...
* Are there other survivors? I thought for sure someone else would show up at the reunion.
* Who will play Lotte in 2021?

... and so much more!

Plus it took me a while to figure out that the girl who broke her leg during practice was the woman who organized the reunion.

It really was worthwhile to go back and watch the first episode again when I finished.

I did that too. Went back and watched the first again too!

Merlin1958
02-21-2022, 03:47 AM
Ep. 3: You know, on a re-watch I noticed something that was really off. When they are all swimming in the lake, Lottie spots a distinct, blue reflection/light from the lake. They rush to see what it is and find the cabin (which, Lottie immediately gets a "bad" hit off of). But the light/reflection they saw from the lake doesn't seem to jive with the decrepit cabin. All the windows are dirty and covered with dust and don't seem like they could have caused the freaking beacon they saw from the lake. So, either that was a "supernatural" effect or they find the cabin and not the actual source of the light they saw from the lake.

IDK, I suppose it just fortifies the notion that the cabin is a "bad place" but, it stuck out to me as really "off". Watch it yourself and let me know what you think.

Also, please check me on the "counts". I think I have it pegged at 15 girls from the team. The Coach (Who with one leg already forfeit ain't long for the world IMHO lol) Travis and Javie. Lastly, the dead father and 2 pilots.

We know 2 girls are already dead (Jackie and Lauren(?) from the plane). 4 girls and Travis we know for sure were saved. and lastly. Lottie (?,) or whoever it turns out is the leader of the "cult" that grabbed, Natalie in the season finale.

Oh, and not for nothing (and I apologize in advance if these remarks are not considered "PC") that adopted kid of, Taissa and her wife is one creepy motherfucker!!! I keep getting a, Jordan Peele movie hit off of him. He's GOT to have a story at some point in the show. He is certainly "off" to put it mildly. lol

Any word on when we can expect S2?

Bev Vincent
02-21-2022, 05:37 AM
I think they're planning for an end-of-year release for each of the next four years.

Brian861
02-21-2022, 08:28 AM
Ep. 3: You know, on a re-watch I noticed something that was really off. When they are all swimming in the lake, Lottie spots a distinct, blue reflection/light from the lake. They rush to see what it is and find the cabin (which, Lottie immediately gets a "bad" hit off of). But the light/reflection they saw from the lake doesn't seem to jive with the decrepit cabin. All the windows are dirty and covered with dust and don't seem like they could have caused the freaking beacon they saw from the lake. So, either that was a "supernatural" effect or they find the cabin and not the actual source of the light they saw from the lake.

IDK, I suppose it just fortifies the notion that the cabin is a "bad place" but, it stuck out to me as really "off". Watch it yourself and let me know what you think.

Also, please check me on the "counts". I think I have it pegged at 15 girls from the team. The Coach (Who with one leg already forfeit ain't long for the world IMHO lol) Travis and Javie. Lastly, the dead father and 2 pilots.

We know 2 girls are already dead (Jackie and Lauren(?) from the plane). 4 girls and Travis we know for sure were saved. and lastly. Lottie (?,) or whoever it turns out is the leader of the "cult" that grabbed, Natalie in the season finale.

Oh, and not for nothing (and I apologize in advance if these remarks are not considered "PC") that adopted kid of, Taissa and her wife is one creepy motherfucker!!! I keep getting a, Jordan Peele movie hit off of him. He's GOT to have a story at some point in the show. He is certainly "off" to put it mildly. lol

The kid is screwed up because he sees one of his moms eating dirt every night and acting like some feral animal.

Heather19
02-21-2022, 09:19 AM
I noticed that about the cabin when I first saw it as well. I was wondering what exactly was reflecting to catch their attention. It's kind of surrounded by trees and doesn't look like you would be able to see the lake from there would you? Unless you're on the roof, or possibly from the attic? I'm not sure.

Merlin1958
02-21-2022, 10:23 AM

The kid is screwed up because he sees one of his moms eating dirt every night and acting like some feral animal.

I'm aware but, that doesn't make him any less creepy. You don't think his actions and demeanor are a little screwy even in light of what is allegedly going on? You'd think the kid would say something. If not to one mother then the other. And why is she not observed by the wife during these ongoing activities.

The wife should have glimpsed some of her actions over the period of time despite the basement shrine room. Especially since the kid did. I would have thought the kid would have ran to the other mother the first time he saw her acting wonky, no?

Merlin1958
02-21-2022, 10:25 AM
I noticed that about the cabin when I first saw it as well. I was wondering what exactly was reflecting to catch their attention. It's kind of surrounded by trees and doesn't look like you would be able to see the lake from there would you? Unless you're on the roof, or possibly from the attic? I'm not sure.

Yeah,the two things just don't jive. Of course we already know there is something up with that cabin anyway.

The Lake reflection could have been engineered by a human. Maybe the shadow from the finale even?

Brian861
02-21-2022, 05:17 PM
I'll give you that. The kid is a tad off it would seem. Maybe the other mother is a heavy sleeper? :D

Merlin1958
02-22-2022, 01:36 AM
I'll give you that. The kid is a tad off it would seem. Maybe the other mother is a heavy sleeper? :D

LOL Yeah, I don't think she could sleep that deep!!! LOL Obstensively she was crawling around the house and outside on all fours foaming at the mouth and wild. She cut the fucking dog's head off and what not. If the kid saw her he would have for sure told the other mother something as he likely would have been scared shitless. LOL There's likely something additional going on with her transformation. Some magic or supernatural element that hasn't been disclosed as yet. Just my opinion is all.

Merlin1958
02-22-2022, 01:53 AM

Yeah,the two things just don't jive. Of course we already know there is something up with that cabin anyway.

The Lake reflection could have been engineered by a human. Maybe the shadow from the finale even?

After the full re-watch I'm convinced there is something supernatural or unholy about that cabin and the immediate woods around it. Too many things are exclusive to the cabin. The creepy guy that appears out of no where in the finale, who may be a spirit(?) Where the hell was he all the time the girls commandeered the cabin? He likely killed (and ate?) the pilot of the Piper Cub plane, had some association with the cult(?) of the symbol and would explain the "beacon" (I watched it 3 times and that was a beacon/something artificial/supernatural) the girls saw from the lake. Also, there is obviously some kind of link/vibe/supernatural connection with, Lottie. When they first found the cabin Lottie, had a look and a feel that something was off about the place. There also may have been a connection between the cabin and/or its occupant in Jackies' death as evidenced by the "dream sequence" while she was freezing to death. I'd think most folk would realiw how fucking cold it was and come inside. I know I would have!! lol

Just some thoughts and opinions.

Heather19
02-22-2022, 02:56 PM
I definitely need to rewatch it again before the next season starts. I don't remember a guy at all. Wish I still had showtime so I could go and watch it now.

Still Servant
02-22-2022, 05:00 PM
The show is definitely enhanced by a rewatch.

I also noticed that in one scene where the plane is going down, one of the girls looks out the window and sees the hills of the forest. You can see that same light shining.

webstar1000
02-22-2022, 05:47 PM

I also noticed that in one scene where the plane is going down, one of the girls looks out the window and sees the hills of the forest. You can see that same light shining.

Noticed that too. It’s not the cottage. I don’t believe it is….

Merlin1958
02-23-2022, 09:09 AM

Gotta check that out I didn't notice that one. Maybe it's some sort of precursor to the appearance of the "Entity/Dark Man" or maybe I read too much, King!!! lol

Merlin1958
02-23-2022, 09:11 AM

Gotta check that out I didn't notice that one. Maybe it's some sort of precursor to the appearance of the "Entity/Dark Man" or maybe I read too much, King!!! lol

Course, when you think about it, Lottie kept saying it was the "Woods" that were "Evil". Maybe the "Entity" is a manisfestation of the "Woods"???? Again, too much, King? lol lol

Brian861
02-23-2022, 01:29 PM
Or maybe the show is just drawing us all in to its mass hysteria :evil:

Merlin1958
02-23-2022, 02:10 PM
Or maybe the show is just drawing us all in to its mass hysteria :evil:

LOL May have succeeded in my case, ya think? lol

Of course, with the track record of shows lately I'm liable to be greatly disappointed. Still it will hopefully have been a good ride. lol

Iwritecode
03-10-2022, 06:55 AM
DirectTV is doing a free 3 month trial of Showtime so I'm just now watching this show. Four episodes in and it's pretty great so far. The timeline fits me perfectly. I graduated HS in the exact time period this is set in (mid 90s).

Merlin1958
03-10-2022, 07:44 AM
DirectTV is doing a free 3 month trial of Showtime so I'm just now watching this show. Four episodes in and it's pretty great so far. The timeline fits me perfectly. I graduated HS in the exact time period this is set in (mid 90s).

Awesome!!! So you're a youngster then? lol I graduated in '76 the "Stone Age". lol Aerosmith, Frampton, Zep and Boston ruled the airwaves and "FM" was the coolest "new" thing!!! lol lol Our team was the "Indians" which has likely been changed since. lol lol Brentwood, N.Y. At, 6'9" I was the tallest guy in the graduating class. A year behind, Mitch Kupchak who went onto fame with the. Lakers. lol

So, got any theories at this point yet?

Iwritecode
03-10-2022, 11:44 AM

Awesome!!! So you're a youngster then? lol I graduated in '76 the "Stone Age". lol Aerosmith, Frampton, Zep and Boston ruled the airwaves and "FM" was the coolest "new" thing!!! lol lol Our team was the "Indians" which has likely been changed since. lol lol Brentwood, N.Y. At, 6'9" I was the tallest guy in the graduating class. A year behind, Mitch Kupchak who went onto fame with the. Lakers. lol

That's another thing. I love the soundtrack for this show so far.

No solid theories yet as I'm still trying to figure out what's even going on. I glanced through the thread a little but I'll wait until after I'm done to dig a little deeper.

I don't trust Misty though.

Merlin1958
03-10-2022, 12:06 PM

That's another thing. I love the soundtrack for this show so far.

No solid theories yet as I'm still trying to figure out what's even going on. I glanced through the thread a little but I'll wait until after I'm done to dig a little deeper.

I don't trust Misty though.

Now that you mention it I agree. Also, has anyone else noticed the proliferation of the INXS song, "Never Tear us Apart"? Seems to pop up in quite a few shows these days.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kFoHVqHpP4M

Merlin1958
05-04-2022, 04:08 AM
Has anyone heard any news about a season 2 release date????????

Bev Vincent
05-04-2022, 12:29 PM
End of 2022.

From 2 days ago: ‘Yellowjackets’ Showrunners Say Season 2 Will Shoot in Late Summer But Will Be Heavy on Winter Mystery (https://variety.com/2022/tv/news/yellowjackets-season-2-filming-summer-winter-lottie-1235256044/)

Merlin1958
05-04-2022, 12:42 PM
End of 2022.

From 2 days ago: ‘Yellowjackets’ Showrunners Say Season 2 Will Shoot in Late Summer But Will Be Heavy on Winter Mystery (https://variety.com/2022/tv/news/yellowjackets-season-2-filming-summer-winter-lottie-1235256044/)

Hey, a huge "Thank You" for the info!! It all sounds great, but I'll bet we are looking at early 2023 for S2

mae
03-10-2023, 06:43 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=krFohHX8WeU