PDA

View Full Version : test poll thread

Randall Flagg
03-13-2008, 08:59 AM
test poll thread

Randall Flagg
03-13-2008, 09:02 AM
Doesn't work.
Once you vote, you can't vote again. The option for multiple votes only applies on the FIRST VOTE a person does.
Off to the garbage heap for this.

Brice
03-13-2008, 09:04 AM
There might be another way Jerome.

Randall Flagg
03-13-2008, 09:07 AM
Please do tell.

Matt
03-13-2008, 09:08 AM
I always took the "multiple vote thing" to mean a member could choose more than one thing (boxes instead of radio buttons)

I am not sure if it changes the way Admin can edit the poll.

Brice
03-13-2008, 09:13 AM
I think the only way there might be to do it is to have one thread for whatever the current poll of the day is and a seperate one for them all to be merged into after they are done with. The old thread of the day could just be merged in and whoever merged it could simply post the old results after the merge for future reference. The next day a new poll thread would start and then be merged into the same thread. I mean it may not be the most desirable solution, but it's something to consider. The only other option I see is just to send the new polls directly to the clearing after they are done.

Jean
03-13-2008, 09:16 AM
I could try it now (merging, I mean), but it would involve deleting the poll it the older thread*, and I can't figure out how to do it yet.

*or it would remain and the newer poll disappear, because they merge chronologically

Brice
03-13-2008, 09:18 AM
Yes, that was my thought is that each day they'd just merge into that thread and then the results could be posted.