PDA

View Full Version : Annoying video game enemies

Mark
03-12-2008, 11:26 AM
I've been playing Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion a lot recently, and, i've had my share of annoying enemies on games (Many from Dragon Quest VIII) but the Wraiths on Oblivion just annoy me so much! I cant stand their infernal screeching and the fact they get in the way so i cant get through a door!

Anyway, I was just wondering, what video game enemy/ies annoys you?

fernandito
03-12-2008, 11:32 AM
The most annoying 'boss' I've ever faced are the Aliens from Predator : Concrete Jungle (PS2). You have to disarm this big machine-esque structure whilte fighting off about (literally) 20 aliens at once, it's insane. When my brother got to the point in the game he almost broke the controller in frustration.

Yunsung
03-12-2008, 03:01 PM
The bladey shadow figures from the SSE portion of Super Smash Bros. Brawl.

Ikilledthecrimsonking
03-12-2008, 03:13 PM
so xilias our whatever there called from oblivion
i love that game cant wait to play knights of the nine, or shivering isles

Mark
03-12-2008, 03:41 PM
i love that game cant wait to play knights of the nine, or shivering isles

Me neither.

Storyslinger
03-13-2008, 06:44 AM
I'm going with Seymor from FF10

fernandito
03-13-2008, 07:41 AM
Which form? Or all of them?

Storyslinger
03-13-2008, 07:44 AM
Seymor in general><

fernandito
03-13-2008, 07:45 AM
I actually found him to be pretty easy. As long as you figure out the patterns he uses (Thunder,Water,Ice,Fire>repeat) it shouldn't be too hard to take him down.

Storyslinger
03-13-2008, 07:47 AM
Oh, I've killed him. He was just an annoying prick.

Ka-tet
03-14-2008, 06:10 AM
Sepiroth from kingdom hearts(the first one). I never owned the game to get this far on my own but a friend of mine has. I played on his game AND I SWEAR HE WAS A BASTARD!!!! i got him evetualy though ^_^

Rjeso
03-14-2008, 06:33 AM
Try Sephiroth from KH2, then. Jeeeeeeeeeebus.

Sephiroth in general pretty much sucks to fight, no matter where he be.

As for annoying ones, anything in any game that has a shield that you have to go grab from them while they're attacking you, just so that you can attack them and actually do some damage is pretty frickin' annoying.

fernandito
03-14-2008, 07:14 AM

"That's an interesting sword you're carrying
It's the keyblade!
I see, so that's a keyblade"

There's this video on youtube where this guy faced off against Sephy on the highest difficulty level without getting touched. Either he practiced for all hours of the day save for an occasional meal, or he's so good that he needs to star in the remake of The Last Starfighter.

Rjeso
03-14-2008, 07:26 AM
Good god, is that possible? :lol:

I avoid his little perch in the canyon at all costs, hahaha. I know I'll get my ass kicked in two hits from that guy. Maybe I should shoot for Lv. 200 first... :rolleyes:

obscurejude
03-14-2008, 09:21 AM
Anybody play X-Men on Sega Genesis? Non of the bosses seem to have a rhyme or rhythm. They were all hard.

fernandito
03-14-2008, 09:27 AM
Fuck, how could I forget Sigma from Mega Man X3? It seems as if every one of his fucking projectiles was destined to hit you, no matter which way you move. :angry:

Brice
03-14-2008, 09:29 AM

It's the keyblade!

There's this video on youtube where this guy faced off against Sephy on the highest difficulty level without getting touched. Either he practiced for all hours of the day save for an occasional meal, or he's so good that he needs to star in the remake of The Last Starfighter.

WTF???? :beat: Was it the guy who designed the game? :lol:

fernandito
03-14-2008, 09:34 AM

It's the keyblade!

WTF???? :beat: Was it the guy who designed the game? :lol:

Shit, it must have been. It seems that the guy knew every move Sephiroth was going to be make before Seph himself! I'll look for the video tonight when I get home, so that you guys can see the geekiness greatness for yourselves.

Brice
03-14-2008, 09:35 AM
Please do! I've gotta' see this shit.

Vasagi
03-21-2008, 01:14 PM
For me the coolest villian ever is the same as the most annoying villian: FF7 Sephiroth.

Not so much that he's hard, but rather that he spams a move with a 2-minute-long animation over ... and over ... and over again.

Yeah ... supernova's cool. The first time. You've got the sky breaking up and flying away ... neato equations flying by ... a meteor flying into the Milky Way that shatters Pluto, vaporizes Saturns rings, puts a hole through Jupiter, supernovas the Sun, vaporizing Mercury and Venus before hitting your puny little party of 3 on Earth. It's a very impressive animation for the old Sony playstation. It kind of makes me wonder how many times you can supernova the sun and destroy various planets in the solar system before god gets pissed off and pulls the plug on the whole thing. For me, I'd power the playstation down after the 3rd one.

Yeah, it's a pretty devastating effect ... everybody's left with 1 hp and every status ailment in the game. Yeah, you've gotta move fast to recover from it. And yeah, Sephiroth uses it repeatedly ... quite often just after you're done recovering from the last one.

But for CHRIST'S SAKE! LET ME SKIP THE ANIMATION!! It makes a 10 minute end-boss fight into a 30 minute exercise in frustration!! OK!! I GET IT!! JUST F UP MY PARTY AND LET ME MOVE ON WITH MY LIFE!!!

What can you do about it? Respond to supernova with Knights of the Round - then have the next guy in your party mime it. Through your own force of will, you can turn a 30 minute extended animation battle into an hourlong clusterfck.

RUBE
03-24-2008, 08:31 AM
Anybody play X-Men on Sega Genesis? Non of the bosses seem to have a rhyme or rhythm. They were all hard.

Wow! Going old school, are we? I remember that game. ( I think I have bought about every X-Men game for any system I have owned.) Some of those bosses were hard, in that old two-dimension, scrolling-left-to-right way. You had to come up with some creative ways to get at them. For example, I would save up my energy for fighting Apocalypse by using Nightcrawler to teleport through the walls to skip the fight with Juggernaut. Mojo was especially hard because you could only hurt him by hitting him in the back and he would turn so fast that you constantly had to jump back and forth over him.

Mattrick
03-31-2008, 12:11 PM
Fuck, how could I forget Sigma from Mega Man X3? It seems as if every one of his fucking projectiles was destined to hit you, no matter which way you move. :angry:

I'm not sure if that's the same one (Sigma is huge and you've got platforms to jump on top...been years) but me and my friend tried to beat him for two days and couldn't. And this is coming from a guy who could come home and nearly beat Mega Man X at lunch break from school.

Most annoying enemies for me are the dogs from resident evil. When you know how to kill them they are a joke. Shoot them, they fall, wait for the growl, shoot again. You don't even need to see them to kill them. Waste of my survival time.

On a first play through Nemesis was annoying. Always showed up at a bad time. The trenchcoat guy from RE2 Scenario B was annoying as well.

Stupidest Boss Battle ever goes to the massive thing in the Lifa Tree in FFIX. Oh no, don't hit him with a pheonix down and kill him. What a joke.

I often don't get annoyed with the difficulty of bosses, often I beat them in a couple of tries but it's the small things I have to defeat over and over again without challenge that annoy me.

razz
04-22-2008, 04:10 PM
Most annoying enemies for me are the dogs from resident evil. When you know how to kill them they are a joke. Shoot them, they fall, wait for the growl, shoot again. You don't even need to see them to kill them. Waste of my survival time.
In Resident Evil 4, you can throw a grenade, and they'll catch it.

fernandito
04-22-2008, 04:11 PM
There aren't any dogs in Resident Evil 4.

razz
04-23-2008, 02:09 PM
yeah there are. they first show up by the church after fighting el gigante, as well as in the hedge maze in the castle

razz
04-23-2008, 02:11 PM
I'm going with Seymor from FF10
that guy was a prick for the fist battles, but it was pathetically easy in the final form of him.

fernandito
04-23-2008, 02:13 PM
Oh! Those are wolves, aren't they?

John Blaze
04-23-2008, 02:14 PM
Mine is the chainsaw guys from RE4, i hated those pig faced fucks.

the trenchoat guy from RE2 scenario B is easy, just surprises you.

William50
04-27-2008, 01:54 PM
Mine is the chainsaw guys from RE4, i hated those pig faced fucks.

the trenchoat guy from RE2 scenario B is easy, just surprises you.

You mean the guys with the bags over their heads? If so, just get a long distance away and keep shooting him in the head. He will fall after a while, then run over and finish him with a shotgun.:excited:

fernandito
04-27-2008, 06:30 PM
Once you obtain the chicago typewriter, they are reduced to mere nuisances :lol:

obscurejude
04-27-2008, 10:07 PM
I have gotten to the end of GUN on every skill level but I can't get past Magruder at the very end. Any suggestions?

razz
04-30-2008, 05:28 AM
wait until he stand on gizer (i forget how to spell it) then throw a stick of dynamite, or shoot his .

obscurejude
04-30-2008, 06:24 AM
Thanks a lot Razz, I'll do it.

Mark
04-30-2008, 08:31 AM
Or use a cheat disc like this guy who kind of, is me, did.

bergy81
05-01-2008, 11:40 PM
I just got done with Assassin's Creed, and I know they're not villians, but the beggers and those drunk/retarded motherfuckers that are always getting in the way of a kill really annoyed the hell out of me. I almost broke my god damn controller I was so pissed.:pullhair: :arg: :onfire: :angry:

fernandito
05-02-2008, 08:34 AM
I'll be feeling that same frustration soon Bergy, I'm starting Assassin's Creed this weekend :lol:

There are these aliens in Resistance that stick to walls and move with uncanny speed, all while shooting you with these annoying red gamma-esque lasers. Just imagine trying to hit multiple Spider Mans that wield laser guns, that's the best way to describe it. :pirate:

fernandito
05-07-2008, 08:40 AM
... those drunk/retarded motherfuckers that are always getting in the way of a kill really annoyed the hell out of me...

Me too.

I'll be feeling that same frustration soon Bergy,

I did. Gan help me, I did.

bergy81
05-07-2008, 09:17 PM
:lol: Dont they make you want to break something?

fernandito
05-07-2008, 10:05 PM
Yes!

Another thing that irritates me is when you're about to deal a fatal blow to one of the guards, and right before your sword finds purchase, one of the other fucks hits you from behind.

AHHHHHH!

Old Man Splitfoot
05-08-2008, 01:59 AM
Ah, I misread the thread title, thought it was most annoying video game. Was gonna go on about how Trauma Center (DS version) always kicks my ass, but I refuse to trade it in on the grounds that it's a rare game, and I might want to play it years from now.

Instead, I'll go with a game very few of you have probably played, but one I'm thoroughly addicted to; Final Fantasy XI. Alexander, the last boss of the Treasure of Aht Urghan expansion missions, is a pain in the ass. Or he was when I fought him; SE's probably nerfed him by now. To even fight him, you have to kill a very pimped out Blue Mage, capable of dealing damage I can only dream of dealing on my own BLU. Then you have to sit through cutscenes of a corrupt prince channeling Alexander, while the timer is ticking way (yeah, did I mention you either win the fight in half an hour or you lose automatically?). When you finally start fighting Alexander, the bastard spams all kinds of high damage spells that hit everyone in range, AND heals himself for a good 3,000 HP pretty often. I lost the fight due to that damn heal alone. I'm all for helping other players advance in the game, but you'd have to be a damn good friend for me to go through this fight again. Luckily the ring you get for beating him is worth the trouble.

fernandito
05-08-2008, 06:32 AM
Yeah, Final Fantasy games have a tendency to dish out long, brutal, and tedious boss battles.

Ultima Weapon, anyone?

obscurejude
05-08-2008, 03:22 PM
wait until he stand on gizer (i forget how to spell it) then throw a stick of dynamite, or shoot his .

Razz, I beat the game on expert level a couple of days ago. Thank you for the tip, sir. :thumbsup:

razz
05-09-2008, 05:33 AM
you are quite welcome. so my tip worked then? i haven't played the game in like two years.

fernandito
05-09-2008, 06:22 AM
Ok, new annoying-as-hell enemy: was playing Devil May Cry 4 yesterday, and I came across a new enemy to the series – this lizard like creature that’s completely clad in metal and electricity. What makes this guy so annoying is that while he’s using his electric attacks, he’s invincible – if you try to hit him with your sword, you get shocked , you lose energy, and you leave yourself open for another one of his attacks. You have to jump around blast him with your pistols (which are nowhere near as effective as your melee weapons) until his shield disappears for a short time, and then you go in and do as much damage with your sword as you possibly can with the small time frame that you are given. :arg:

LadyHitchhiker
05-09-2008, 07:50 AM
The dog off of duckhunt

Yes I considered him the enemy...

Rjeso
05-09-2008, 07:55 AM
The Mandarin from Ultimate Alliance. What a bitch.

Seriously, the fourth (or whatever, all I know is that he's pretty early on) boss fight is harder than all the subsequent ones?

Fail.

Jimmy
05-09-2008, 08:03 AM

Seriously, the fourth (or whatever, all I know is that he's pretty early on) boss fight is harder than all the subsequent ones?

Fail.

AMEN! That guy sucks!

~wander
05-10-2008, 10:10 PM
After browsing through this topic, it has come to my attention that no one who has posted in here has unlocked everything in Samurai Western. This hellish ordeal brought to light the most hellish video game enemy ever: (bear with me here, because this is going to sound re-damn-diculous) bomb/dynamite throwing midgets. No matter how high you raise your stats (health an defense being the ones of note here) their bombs can either one hit you or close on insane difficulty. Now, this still wouldn't be a big problem, if it weren't for extra stage 8: a large mine filled with hundreds of bomb-throwing midgets. >.< You are trapped in tiny enclosed spaces with these huge explosions (the explosion radius gets bigger with difficulty level raising) and nowhere to run. You will often have lots and lots of these midgets hurling death at you from multiple directions. What happens if you get hit by one? You either die or fall to the floor long enough for all five of the other bombs to kill you. And even this wouldn't be so big of a deal, if it weren't for the challenges. To unlock the final weapon, it is necessary to beat this stage both without master mode (a rage type meter that give different abilities for each sword type before full and invincibility and the ability to run around insanely fast and chop things in half in one hit when full) and with constant master mode (it constantly runs out, so you have to kill the distantly placed groups of enemies with just the right timing) and several others. by the time I unlocked the final sword, I absolutely hated midgets. I did Red Dead Revolver multiplayer with bots against groups of midgets with a fire starting shot gun for ages after this to abate my near genocidal hatred of midgets. This is, by far, the most difficult gaming achievement I can be credited with. All because of that one hellish enemy type.

fernandito
09-27-2008, 08:03 AM
Those damn floating Medusa heads from Symphony of the Night.

:arg:

razz
09-27-2008, 08:26 AM
i hate the Medusa heads. in all Castlevania games. I just beat Aria of Sorrow

BeDaN
09-27-2008, 01:51 PM
Kratos Clones That Attack You and the Wife and Kid or Aries. (God of War)

Chainsaw Guy, but I'm gonna go with the ones in Mercenaries they always seem to pop up when your doing awesome and have like a minute to go. (RE4)

Omega Weapon (FFVIII)

fernandito
09-27-2008, 01:53 PM
I've fought against all the ones you've mentioned there BeDan, so I can sympathize.

Especially Omega Weapon *shudder*

BeDaN
09-27-2008, 02:47 PM
I've fought against all the ones you've mentioned there BeDan, so I can sympathize.

Especially Omega Weapon *shudder*

Ya I beat him the very first time I played the game, but every time after that I have come no where near beating him.

razz
09-27-2008, 02:51 PM
I just spent the last hour playing unreal tournament. i don't know which one. that game is FUN! but as for an annoying enemy: whoever is shooting at me.

fernandito
09-27-2008, 02:58 PM
Necron from Final Fantasy IX can be really annoying, especially when he hits you with all those ailments (zombie, heat, confusion, shrink etc) AT THE SAME TIME.

razz
09-27-2008, 03:00 PM
Necron...necron...i don't remember him/it. is that the enemy in that giant tree?

fernandito
09-27-2008, 03:01 PM
It's the final boss, the 'Eternal Darkness'.

http://www.ffcompendium.com/EspMon/necron9-b.jpg

razz
09-27-2008, 03:04 PM
looks like metroid prime.
after you defeat Kuja, right?

fernandito
09-27-2008, 03:06 PM
That is correct sir. Deathguise, Kuja, and Necron.

Yunsung
09-27-2008, 10:46 PM
Purge Troopers in The Force Unleashed

Rjeso
09-29-2008, 11:31 AM

Fail.

LOLOLOL. Apparently this guy really pisses me off, because I was about to come in here and bitch about him. Guess I already did. :lol:

Frunobulax
09-29-2008, 11:41 AM
I've got to say Duriel in Diablo II can be annoying as hell. Just to put that out there.

Geomon
10-05-2008, 10:09 PM
This bastard right here:

http://img386.imageshack.us/img386/5274/sodapopds4.gif

mystima
10-28-2008, 12:19 AM
the white chokobo in ffXII. darn thing was hard to catch first of all and you had to do it in the blizzard of all things. had to use blind and bio to kill it.

fernandito
10-28-2008, 06:23 AM
(whistle)

What level were your characters at when you caught that thing?

mystima
10-28-2008, 07:41 AM
can't remember has been a while.
ok got my book here...gota be lv 44 or higher
but there was one battle that was hell...took days to fight the dang thing.

mystima
10-28-2008, 07:54 AM
I actually found him to be pretty easy. As long as you figure out the patterns he uses (Thunder,Water,Ice,Fire>repeat) it shouldn't be too hard to take him down.

also if you get all your aeons up to there overdrive (special move) you can kill him easier...as long as he doesn't banish them first.

fernandito
11-16-2008, 06:26 AM
There are these creepy little things in Dead Space - they are baby fetuses (sp?) infused with the substance that's turning the vessel crew into Necromorphs. Well, these things , upon being injected with said substance, sprout slimy tentancles which give them the ability to crawl through the vents and up and down walls. What makes them annoying is if you're in a room full of them , they jump to and fro, and sometimes you're being attacked and you can't tell which direction they're coming from.

Empath of the White
11-18-2008, 07:08 AM
Resident Evil Remake: Crimson Heads

Bloody fast, scared the shit out of me on my first play through. I hope to see them in future games.

Final Fantasy: anything that an turn your character to stone or autokill you.

I don't play lots of RPGs, but there's a few FF games I've got for the visuals of the world they take place in. And stuff like the basiliks, etc. annoy me to no end.

razz
11-18-2008, 06:38 PM
the white chokobo in ffXII. darn thing was hard to catch first of all and you had to do it in the blizzard of all things. had to use blind and bio to kill it.
you had trouble with that thing? Man, i was lvl 35 and whooped that fucker easily.

IWasSentWest
11-18-2008, 07:31 PM
most aggrivating thing i hated bout bosses in FF was that if u died, it was game over to the last point u saved...for the first year i had my ps2, i didnt have a memory card bc i was a cheap bastard and would just leave my ps2 on. so when playing FFX, I had to be extremely careful and really good to be able to advance...

i remember specifically fighting the boss after seymour and all them led an attack against SIN..dont really recall its name..it had wierd crab legs i think...but anyways, i remember dieing and havin to start the game over...talk about something i wanted to commit suicide over

fernandito
02-05-2009, 11:32 AM
Stupid fire ants from Fallout 3. :arg:

razz
02-05-2009, 12:08 PM
Delsaber, Phantasy star Online. they pack a hell of a punch, and the only way you can hurt them is by casting zonde then quickly attacking while they're stunned, or somehow getting behind them.

ClicheGuevara
02-05-2009, 12:30 PM
Deathclaws from fallout 3, Also the Super Mutants from fallout 1.

Worst ever though for me was. . Tenpenny from GTA: san andreas. .He wasn't hard or anything, but he was the first character in a video game that I ever truly hated. .To the point that if he was a real person I'd punch him in the face.

Honorable mention: Silver Kelolons from Lost Odyssey. . Only way to kill them is with Gamble spell, took me forever to figure that out.

EdwardDean1999
02-05-2009, 07:02 PM
I feel out of my element. I have played almost none of the games on this page of the thread except Punch Out and Diablo II. I've got a few all annoying for different reasons

Dumbest enemies of all time: Any dinosaur from Jurassic Park:Trespasser. I always expected the Raptors to be all bad-ass. All you had to do was jump onto a 1-foot-tall ledge and the thing wouldn't follow you. You turned around and blew their brains out. You could also easily outrun the T-Rex. Lame. THe game was too easy. The hardest thing to master was the "use object" interface.

Biggest let-down: Lady Aribeth from Neverwinter Nights. A very easy win if you spent your time leveling up on all the side quest.

Funniest: Dr. Wiley's giant robot from Mega Man 3. You had to shoot it's wiener (which swang to and fro') with the "Hard Fist" obtained from "Hard Man". THe Fist was a giant flying boxing glove. The visual affect was Mega Man punching the giant robot in the (Nintendo) Wii.

Chap
02-05-2009, 08:03 PM
level design is the most annoying enemy in this game:
YouTube - TEENAGE MUTANT NINJA TURTLES by the Angry Nintendo Nerd

specifically from 05:08 :lol:
very strong language btw, be warned :ninja:

EdwardDean1999
02-06-2009, 03:02 PM
LOL! I remember that game. I never got past the technodrome level. I totally remember all of those impossible pizzas! As I recall it was possible to get stuck in level three if you wasted even one missile. They never grew back.

RUBE
02-06-2009, 03:15 PM
Wow! That made my day. I had that game and hated it just as much. I must have blocked it out of my memory though because until seeing that I had forgot all about it.

BTW, I went back and watched some of the other videos from this guy and they were hilarious. I hated try to land or refuel in Top Gun just as much. However, I kind of liked Castlevania II but then it was probably the Nintendo Power magazine that got me through it.

ClicheGuevara
02-06-2009, 05:22 PM
That game was hard as hell but I loved it.. .don't know why, Ninja Turtles and the original metroid were my favorite nes games.

obscurejude
02-06-2009, 05:28 PM
I was pretty good at the original ninja turtles, but I understand the frustration. It was a very difficult game, but some of the things he showed weren't really that bad. Particularly that little jump close to the ceiling. All you have to do is press over on the D-pad. You can just walk over it. :D

He makes a good point about the fans of Ninja Turtles being kids and making such a difficult game. I remember Aladdin for the genesis as well as X Men being fucking impossible. Well, Aladdin was only difficult, X Men was insane.

mystima
02-06-2009, 05:28 PM
Deathclaws from fallout 3, Also the Super Mutants from fallout 1.

Worst ever though for me was. . Tenpenny from GTA: san andreas. .He wasn't hard or anything, but he was the first character in a video game that I ever truly hated. .To the point that if he was a real person I'd punch him in the face.

Honorable mention: Silver Kelolons from Lost Odyssey. . Only way to kill them is with Gamble spell, took me forever to figure that out.

playing Lost Odyssey now...thanks for the info on those things. been wondering how to get those guys.

hated those dang deathclaws and the behemeth supermutants.

ClicheGuevara
02-06-2009, 07:02 PM
if you go to Numara Atoll, you can level grind all the way to the top if you have gamble. .Just run from anything that isn't a Silver Kelolon until your above level 15 or so. Silver Kelolons give up a ton of Exp and SP. I spent about an hour and a half there and level up like crazy. . made the rest of the game alot easier. Until the last disc anyways.

EdwardDean1999
02-07-2009, 10:15 AM
BTW, thanks Chap for posting the Youtube video! :excited:You totally turned me on to AVGN! He is so hilarious! :rofl: I really like his review of Bart Vs. The Space Mutants! HA!:lol:

Chap
02-07-2009, 08:42 PM
BTW, thanks Chap for posting the Youtube video! :excited:You totally turned me on to AVGN! He is so hilarious! :rofl: I really like his review of Bart Vs. The Space Mutants! HA!:lol:

haha, no problem! I've only seen the TMNT video actually, gonna have to check out more of them :clap: