PDA

View Full Version : 2021 Dark Tower Football Pick Contest - Come Reap

NeedfulKings
08-14-2021, 05:40 PM
ESPN has a VERY different look - and win/loss is still the game, but they now appear to award 10 points for each win. Get in the game early so you can feel your way around before the group locks on THURDAY, SEPTEMBER 9!

How to Play

1. It’s simple. Click on the following link and it should take you to the ESPN pigskin pick'em site. If you don’t have an ESPN profile, you will have to set one up.

https://fantasy.espn.com/games/nfl-pigskin-pickem-2021/group?id=4506c225-fbbd-32a4-87ba-2319ca875f3e

Password: roland (all lower case) - please do not share this with non-members of this site.

ESPN will initially name your entry, but you can change that entry name to better identify with your name here once the entry has been created (look for the blue gear cog).

If you have questions about how to set things up in our group, post your questions and the community of folks here will try and help you out.

2. The contest will begin with the first regular season game in Week 1. Only one entry per person in our group and it must be identifiable to me as a member on this board or you can PM me with your ESPN handle. Once the season has started the group is locked. This means that any latecomers will not be able to join (sorry about that!), so please get in early. Picks for week 1 can actually be made now!

3. This contest will end at the conclusion of the ESPN Pick'em season.

4. At the end of the pick'em season, whoever has the best record wins the coveted First Place trophy. We also award trophies for Second, Third, and a (much sought after, one of a kind, not available in any other contest) Last Place Trophy**

**In order to qualify for last place, you need to pick every week, or suffer a penalty for any game(s) not picked. To be safe, just be sure to get IN THE GAME each week and make your picks early!!!!

Last year, Merlin1958 was generous enough to host a post-season trophy event. Should that occur again, I encourage all to participate. THANK YOU!

Not tempted enough? - here are the last couple of years trophies...

http://www.thedarktower.org/gallery/data/996/medium/NFL1.jpg

http://www.thedarktower.org/gallery/data/996/medium/DT23.jpg

Merlin1958
08-14-2021, 06:22 PM
Locked & Loaded!!!

I'm in and all set!! I'll obviously be seeking the 1st place trophy but, just as important for me is to finish better than, El Jefe!! That's right, Boss I'm coming for YOU!!!

Couple of additional notes, I'll be happy to host "The Post Season" tournament again if you all enjoyed and want to go for the trophies again. I believe we had one for 1st place and one for 2nd but I'll go check and confirm. Like last year we'll run it in a separate thread, with no cost just full participation and I'll PM for delivery information. Of course, you also obtain full bragging rights!!! It was a very cool and spirited competition last year. :clap::clap::clap:

And J, just to show how serious I am, I picked against the, Jets and for the, Raiders for opening weekend!!! GO BIG BLUE as well!!! That's right, whatever it takes to WIN!!! :tongue1:

Lurker
08-14-2021, 10:46 PM
Why in the hell is it showing peoples names?

Garrell
08-15-2021, 06:29 AM
In to kinda win

NeedfulKings
08-15-2021, 10:42 AM

Yeah - I don't know. I can't seem to manage that in the group settings, so it must be ESPN and I'm not impressed. I even updated my personal information and it did not affect my entry. Grr!

Edit to add: Several hours after updating my personal information (in my ESPN profile), my entry did change.

Randall Flagg
08-16-2021, 09:25 AM
I'm in.

Lurker
08-16-2021, 09:40 AM

Yeah - I don't know. I can't seem to manage that in the group settings, so it must be ESPN and I'm not impressed. I even updated my personal information and it did not affect my entry. Grr!

Edit to add: Several hours after updating my personal information (in my ESPN profile), my entry did change.

So I tried that - using a translation of my last name - and it worked. Not that I'm worried about you guys - but in general I like to keep as private as possible. No social media crap and I rarely show up in a google search...

Merlin1958
08-16-2021, 10:01 AM

Yeah, me too. I did a name change and made my initial picks for week 1. When I went back to cjeck it was all gone. No name change, no picks. May be too early for any of that stuff?

NeedfulKings
08-16-2021, 04:06 PM

Yeah, me too. I did a name change and made my initial picks for week 1. When I went back to cjeck it was all gone. No name change, no picks. May be too early for any of that stuff?

I made my picks for week 1 and they are still there. To change my personal info, I used the little little person icon in the far upper right corner.

Lurker
08-16-2021, 06:14 PM
What's weird is that on my Fire tablet the listings look like they did last year - LurkerTDT1, LurkerTDT.
On my laptop, using Microsoft Edge - I get the registered names.

And what's this 17 weeks stuff? Isn't 16 stressful enough!!!

NeedfulKings
08-16-2021, 08:15 PM
What's weird is that on my Fire tablet the listings look like they did last year - LurkerTDT1, LurkerTDT.

It's actually 18 weeks of picking. Allowing for bye weeks. It seems that your tablet is stuck WAY back in 2020. ;)

Merlin1958
08-17-2021, 04:16 AM

It's actually 18 weeks of picking. Allowing for bye weeks. It seems that your tablet is stuck WAY back in 2020. ;)

Wow!! The "Dark Ages"!!! Hell, even my crusty old ass is more up to date!! LOL LOL

Jon
08-19-2021, 09:06 PM
No social media crap and I rarely show up in a google search...

Got you in ONE search, PAL!!

http://www.thedarktower.org/gallery/data/500/l.jpg

Jon
08-19-2021, 09:08 PM
I'm in. I'll sign up this weekend (assuming I'm sober at some point) but I'm not making any pics till later.

Lurker
08-20-2021, 09:54 AM
Awww, that's cute, but alas, it's not me. I've never played Minecraft. I only play first person shooters (OOHH - Far Cry 6 soon!!!!!) and the only place I use Lurker is here. Of course, it is the only forum I use...

Jon
08-22-2021, 11:45 PM
I'm all set I think.
I am Jon Benjamin Breeg

Randall Flagg
09-01-2021, 07:32 PM
I am Jon Benjamin Breeg
I am not.

Merlin1958
09-01-2021, 08:53 PM
I am Jon Benjamin Breeg
I am not.

Thankfully, neither am I!! lol All locked and loaded for better or worse. Let's get it on!!!

BTW, is it me or is it a bit of a late start this year? I miss something? Don't they usually kick it off right around, Labor day?

NeedfulKings
09-02-2021, 07:33 PM
I am Jon Benjamin Breeg
I am not.

Thankfully, neither am I!! lol All locked and loaded for better or worse. Let's get it on!!!

BTW, is it me or is it a bit of a late start this year? I miss something? Don't they usually kick it off right around, Labor day?

I think the Sep. 9th area is normal. They cut preseason by 1 game. And kudos to Lurker for catching that yes, there are 17 games in the regular season! Wow!!!!

Game on, folks. Have a great, safe, Labor Day!

ajw2910
09-03-2021, 03:23 PM
I’m in for this one. Looking for that 1st place trophy!!

gsvec
09-03-2021, 04:21 PM
I'm in! Let the games begin!!

Merlin1958
09-03-2021, 04:57 PM
I am Jon Benjamin Breeg
I am not.

I think the Sep. 9th area is normal. They cut preseason by 1 game. And kudos to Lurker for catching that yes, there are 17 games in the regular season! Wow!!!!

Game on, folks. Have a great, safe, Labor Day!

Always seem to remember, Labor day for some reason but, that's probably just my lousy memory. Let's get it on!!!!

Oh wait, does, Cam Newton have a job yet?? LOL

Jon
09-03-2021, 08:06 PM
Cam mows my lawn!

Merlin1958
09-04-2021, 08:40 AM
Cam mows my lawn!

:thumbsup::wtf::wtf:

NeedfulKings
09-06-2021, 04:30 PM
Just a few days to go!!! GET IN THE GAME!!!!

We have 15 players so far. That makes my odds at 1 in 15 to suck worse than all of you! Game on! :D

Merlin1958
09-06-2021, 04:42 PM
Just a few days to go!!! GET IN THE GAME!!!!

We have 15 players so far. That makes my odds at 1 in 15 to suck worse than all of you! Game on! :D

:wtf::wtf::wtf: Hey, El Jefe, I just realized we don't have any football related emoticons!!! Or did I miss 'em? Of course, one for the N.Y. Football Giants makes a lot of sense if not that much noise on the grid iron these days!!! LOL Surely, just an oversight likely already designated to a lesser volunteer than yourself who dropped the ball inadvertently of course. I have every confidence you will wield your iron will and see to it becoming a reality in time for this season!! I mean you being a multiple time former and perhaps future champion and all, right?

Just teasing with a little pre-season ball-busting Oh, Omnipotent One!! :rolleyes2:

I'll be here all week, folks!! lol

Jon
09-06-2021, 07:48 PM
I think I have all my picks in. There was no sort of button to click to submit.

NeedfulKings
09-07-2021, 08:34 PM
I think I have all my picks in. There was no sort of button to click to submit.

Yeah, everything auto saves as you go. At the bottom, it should say 16/16 picks. I don't like the large buttons - too much scrolling...

Garrell
09-08-2021, 04:03 AM
Mine said “Are you sure? Those picks sucked worse than last year.”

Randall Flagg
09-08-2021, 10:28 AM
Funny. Mine said: "We remember you"

http://www.thedarktower.org/custom/images/1631125679-2020%20Football%20trophy.jpeg

NeedfulKings
09-08-2021, 04:59 PM
Mine said “Are you sure? Those picks sucked worse than last year.”

Funny. Mine said: "We remember you"

http://www.thedarktower.org/custom/images/1631125679-2020%20Football%20trophy.jpeg

:emot-roflolmao:

Merlin1958
09-08-2021, 08:06 PM
Clever, Boss. Very clever, indeed!!! :thumbsup:

Any luck with the emoji's I sent ya or were they no good?

Randall Flagg
09-10-2021, 08:10 AM
I just don't have the time to create a bunch of NFL emojis. Sorry.

Jon
09-12-2021, 03:02 PM
Green Bay looks baaaaad!

Johnny007
09-12-2021, 04:49 PM
From a Green Bay Packer fan, I was sick at what I saw. The offense was terrible; but that defense is useless. I don't remember the last time I actually turned them off before the end of Q3. Oh well, they'll still be in a first-place tie after today!

John

Merlin1958
09-12-2021, 06:20 PM
Well, I'm off to a bang up start!!! LOL Fortunately, nobody had an awesome week either so it's fairly close. Nice to have the NFL back and all it's greatness and craziness!!!!

Lurker
09-12-2021, 07:21 PM
Didn't Aaron say he wanted to quit? I always pick GB 'cause its my best friends team - but I may have to rethink that!

Oops, thunder - guess Nicholas is starting. Better go...

gsvec
09-14-2021, 04:36 AM
My picks sucked this week but at least I'm tied with Jerome at this point lol

NeedfulKings
09-14-2021, 08:12 AM
Congratulations to our Week 1 winners Jon, Garrell, and Blaine Brings the Pain - all coming in at an impressive 10-6.

Merlin1958
09-16-2021, 09:06 AM
Week #2!!! Here we go baby!!!! Who bounces back? Who stays on course? What the fuck is gonna happen this week?

Stay tuned folks and we'll find out soon!!!

Merlin1958
09-19-2021, 09:20 AM
Here we go, guys week #2!!! I like my picks this week. My locks are the, Browns and the Rams. Can't believe I let, El Jefe talk me outta the, Raisers last week!! Must be part of his damn strategy!!! LOL

Oh, and the Irish are 3-0 going into a tough road on their schedule!!

Sure would be cool to have an NFL emoji right about now. lol

NeedfulKings
09-20-2021, 08:15 PM
Congratulations to our Week 2 winner Johnny007 (Oxcy8) for coming in at an impressive 13-3.

Jon
09-20-2021, 08:52 PM
Damn. Yeah I missed the Thursday game. UGH!

Jon
09-20-2021, 08:56 PM
Folks, please don't have me drawn and quartered for this question:

While I realize there is no hard an fast rule in the NFL about ranges of jersey numbers corresponding with positions, but it sure seems to me that this year there are an inordinate number of jersey numbers that DON'T correspond. I see a lot of single digits among Defensive backs as one example.
Am I crazy?

Merlin1958
09-21-2021, 08:51 AM

While I realize there is no hard an fast rule in the NFL about ranges of jersey numbers corresponding with positions, but it sure seems to me that this year there are an inordinate number of jersey numbers that DON'T correspond. I see a lot of single digits among Defensive backs as one example.
Am I crazy?

Part of the new, PC and diverse, NFL I suppose.

Randall Flagg
09-21-2021, 09:34 AM

Am I crazy?
https://www.sportingnews.com/us/nfl/news/nfl-jersey-numbers-rule-explained/axemarwze3s019hqah2pkpwsm

NeedfulKings
09-27-2021, 07:36 PM
Congratulations (again) to our Week 3 winner Johnny007 (Oxcy8) with an impressive 14-2!

Jon
09-27-2021, 08:02 PM

Am I crazy?
https://www.sportingnews.com/us/nfl/news/nfl-jersey-numbers-rule-explained/axemarwze3s019hqah2pkpwsm

Thanks. I THOUGHT I noticed a couple of linebackers in funky numbers too!

Lurker
09-27-2021, 08:50 PM
I want Johnny's crystal ball!

Ok, I admit I have been trained in jobs I have had to be very detail oriented - so why doesn't everyone's score add up to 48?

RUBE
09-27-2021, 09:04 PM
Because it is not counting games where someone forgot to pick as a loss this year. They just have less games picked.

Lurker
09-27-2021, 10:00 PM
I don't know - I looked at one of the guys and it had him down as getting 9 this week when he actually got 10...

NeedfulKings
09-30-2021, 02:46 PM
I don't know - I looked at one of the guys and it had him down as getting 9 this week when he actually got 10...

A gray checkmark indicates which team won the game, but the pick-em player did not make a choice. In both cases where 9 games were won last week, the players failed to pick the Thursday game. Green checkmarks are what needs to be counted. :)

For what it's worth, I despise the look of the game this year. ESPN really took a decent format and screwed it up.

Lurker
09-30-2021, 05:03 PM
Oh - colors! Sorry guys, I just thought a check meant right. I agree, I hate what ESPN did.

I'm going back to my corner until the season ends...

NeedfulKings
09-30-2021, 05:23 PM
Oh - colors! Sorry guys, I just thought a check meant right. I agree, I hate what ESPN did.

I'm going back to my corner until the season ends...

If anyone gets lonely in their corner, I could use some company in the deepest, darkest corner of the basement. Just kidding - it's not fun down here! :D

NeedfulKings
10-04-2021, 07:50 PM
Congratulations to our 4 Week 4 winners gsvec, Merlin1958, and Randall Flagg, and SkippyDO23 - all coming in at a staggering 12-4.

Jon
10-05-2021, 08:11 PM
I took a beating!

Merlin1958
10-05-2021, 08:43 PM
I took a beating!

:nana::nana::nana:

gsvec
10-07-2021, 04:51 PM
I can't believe I missed my friggin' Thursday pics! By like 2 minutes! ARGH... :shoot:

NeedfulKings
10-07-2021, 06:51 PM
I can't believe I missed my friggin' Thursday pics! By like 2 minutes! ARGH... :shoot:

Ugh! I've started making my Thu. picks a week in advance. It's a tough one to remember...

Merlin1958
10-11-2021, 06:03 PM
Tied with the, Boss!! Need a really good week this week. I'm locked in for week #6!! For better or worse. lol

NeedfulKings
10-11-2021, 07:40 PM
Congratulations to our Week 5 winners SkippyDO23 and east-tennessee, coming in at an amazing 14-2.

Jon
10-11-2021, 08:52 PM
14-2
WOW! Good show guys!!!

Anyone know a good quarterback willing to relocate to the PNW??? Must have 10 fingers!!

Johnny007
10-12-2021, 06:43 AM
QBs available and having 10 fingers: Colin Kaepernick, Philip Rivers, Eli Manning, Brett Favre and Darrell Bevell (get him away from Urban Meyer). Or, as an owner of the Packers, we'll trade Aaron for Russell (and a #1 and 2 #3s) after the season. Good luck with the rest of your season -- I do like the Seahawks!

John

Merlin1958
10-12-2021, 09:26 AM
QBs available and having 10 fingers: Colin Kaepernick, Philip Rivers, Eli Manning, Brett Favre and Darrell Bevell (get him away from Urban Meyer). Or, as an owner of the Packers, we'll trade Aaron for Russell (and a #1 and 2 #3s) after the season. Good luck with the rest of your season -- I do like the Seahawks!

John

???? Eli? Farve? They're retired. What is this about? Just curious is all.

Johnny007
10-13-2021, 06:02 AM
I guess my sarcasm zipped by like a roadrunner in the desert! They're all QBs. They're all retired. They're all available. They all have 10 working fingers/thumbs. Enjoy the sunshine and warm weather, Bill.

John

Merlin1958
10-13-2021, 01:28 PM
I guess my sarcasm zipped by like a roadrunner in the desert! They're all QBs. They're all retired. They're all available. They all have 10 working fingers/thumbs. Enjoy the sunshine and warm weather, Bill.

John

:doh: Guess my brain is baking in the sun down here!! LOL BTW, nice 74 degrees today. Now, finally, comes the good weather!! lol

Explain to me why while the, Boss and I are tied, he still gets top billing? Is he pulling that "1%er" crap again? lol lol j/k

Johnny007
10-14-2021, 07:39 AM
I miss AZ weather -- even in the summertime!

John

Jon
10-16-2021, 12:28 AM

John

:doh: Guess my brain is baking in the sun down here!! LOL BTW, nice 74 degrees today. Now, finally, comes the good weather!! lol

Explain to me why while the, Boss and I are tied, he still gets top billing? Is he pulling that "1%er" crap again? lol lol j/k

Are you low key trying to convince us that you have a brain?

Merlin1958
10-16-2021, 06:52 AM

John

Are you low key trying to convince us that you have a brain?

So, it's like that is it, Jon? Okay, game on!!! You feeling "Froggy" now? Come jump onto my lily pad, pal!!! LOL LOL

Merlin1958
10-17-2021, 03:55 PM
:Ball Kick:
Fucking Patriots!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Or should I say, Cowboys? Hate 'em both!!!

NeedfulKings
10-18-2021, 07:41 PM
Congratulations to our Week 6 winners Garrell and divemaster, coming in at 11-3.

Jon
10-18-2021, 08:03 PM
Friggin' Geno is the best we can do?
Fuck me!

NeedfulKings
10-18-2021, 08:46 PM
Friggin' Geno is the best we can do?
Fuck me!

Could have been the hero. His final play changed that. Ugh!

Lurker
10-19-2021, 12:10 PM
Talk about final plays. Why the Hades did not Buffalo kick a field goal and then go to OT. I know kickers haven't been that good this year, but a pretty sure thing to get a chance to win after 3 tries and not doing it?????
I will never understand these coaches.

Merlin1958
10-20-2021, 04:08 PM
Talk about final plays. Why the Hades did not Buffalo kick a field goal and then go to OT. I know kickers haven't been that good this year, but a pretty sure thing to get a chance to win after 3 tries and not doing it?????
I will never understand these coaches.

I'm with you on that score, my friend!!! :Ball Kick:

NeedfulKings
10-25-2021, 07:59 PM
Man. Tough beatdown for my Seahawks. That said...

Congratulations to our Week 7 winners Johnny007, Garrell, and Lurker, coming in at an amazing 10-3. Stellar performance!

Garrell
10-26-2021, 06:47 AM
Slowly sneaking back in...

Merlin1958
10-28-2021, 01:52 PM
I got the Pack tonight!!!! Go Rodgers!!!

Johnny007
11-01-2021, 05:32 AM
Minnesota -- where is your pass defense? BTW, the naked bootleg never worked after Q1. Why keep trying it? Gameday changes -- switched NE to LAC and Denver to WFT. Lessons learned: Always think twice about going against Bill B. Always think 10 times when you try to take a flier with a team (WFT) with no kicker and a questionable QB. WFT was the worst pick I made all season.

The upcoming week is the halfway point of the season. Best of luck to all for the remaining 10 weeks!

John

NeedfulKings
11-02-2021, 07:25 AM
Congratulations to our Week 8 winners Johnny007, Blaine brings the Pain, Spencer, Garrell, and Jon, coming in at 10-5.

Merlin1958
11-04-2021, 06:18 PM
This ain't over yet, El Jefe!!! Only 2 away from a tie and I feel pretty good about this weeks picks!! :P

Randall Flagg
11-07-2021, 09:08 AM
This ain't over yet, El Jefe!!! Only 2 away from a tie and I feel pretty good about this weeks picks!! :P
We'll know soon.

Johnny007
11-07-2021, 09:59 AM
My picks are in -- 4 underdogs picked in the early slate and 2 underdogs in the late games (including Monday). I'm on the fence for 2 of the late games so there is a +/- of 1 in the late game underdog picks. Confidence is low this week. I need some Coca-Cola to get me going.

John

NeedfulKings
11-08-2021, 08:40 PM
Congratulations to our Week 9 winner east-tennessee, coming in at a very strong 10-4.

Jon
11-09-2021, 09:40 PM
Go Sea...something or other!!

Lurker
11-16-2021, 12:21 PM
Brutal

NeedfulKings
11-16-2021, 02:04 PM
Congratulations to our Week 10 winners SkippyDO23, Garrell, and gsvec, coming in at a hard fought 8-5-1

Jon
11-20-2021, 07:21 PM
Damn. I picked the Lions to beat the Steelers last week.

But THIS week, it looked like the Falcons borrowed the Seattle "O" line!
Sad too. Atl has a decent D

NeedfulKings
11-22-2021, 08:45 PM
Congratulations to our Week 11 winners SkippyDO23 and gsvec, coming in at a tidy 11-4!

Jon
11-24-2021, 05:18 PM
I think Gretchen has showed up here twice as a weekly winner but we never see her post. Maybe that's her secret.

NeedfulKings
11-29-2021, 08:30 PM
Congratulations to our Week 12 winners SkippyDO23, gsvec, and Rube, coming in at 10-5.

And yes, Skippy and gsvec are killin' it over the last few weeks!!

gsvec
11-29-2021, 10:13 PM
I think Gretchen has showed up here twice as a weekly winner but we never see her post. Maybe that's her secret.

It's more like I'm in shock! :scared:

RUBE
11-30-2021, 10:07 PM
Congratulations to our Week 12 winners SkippyDO23, gsvec, and Rube, coming in at 10-5.

And yes, Skippy and gsvec are killin' it over the last few weeks!!

This was the only decent part of my football weekend.

Jon
12-01-2021, 05:39 PM

It's more like I'm in shock SECOND! :scared:

Fixed it for you.

NeedfulKings
12-06-2021, 08:17 PM
Week 13 was lucky for a few folks! Congratulations to our Week 13 winners Johnny007, Garrell, Lurker, Jon, and BedOfRoses, all coming in at a cozy 10-4.

Jon
12-07-2021, 06:27 PM
...and the "hawks. How the hell did they win that one? WTF?

ajw2910
12-09-2021, 09:05 AM
Love the hawks but I’m afraid Wilson will be leaving next year and we will be in rebuilding mode again for a decade……

NeedfulKings
12-13-2021, 08:22 PM
Still rockin' it! Congratulations to our Week 14 winners SkippyD023 and gsvec, coming in at a tidy 12-2!

Jon
12-15-2021, 06:33 PM
Love the hawks but I’m afraid Wilson will be leaving next year and we will be in rebuilding mode again for a decade……

Yeah. I fear we may be dealing with a Jacoby Brissett next season.

...and Gretchen is at it again!!

Lurker
12-16-2021, 02:59 PM
Back to being the Seagulls.

Jon
12-16-2021, 07:54 PM
Wow..KC and LA...what a game! I can't imagine how it might end. I'm hoping for OT!!

NeedfulKings
12-21-2021, 07:07 PM
A looooong NFL week, but congratulations to our Week 15 winners SkippyD023, Johnny007, and Lurker, coming in at a persistent 12-4.

Johnny007
12-22-2021, 12:37 PM
A looooong NFL week, but congratulations to our Week 15 winners SkippyD023, Johnny007, and Lurker, coming in at a persistent 12-4.

Sorry Skippy and Gretchen...I'm doing my best to recover to make this a 3-person race after weeks of 60 and 80 points. I had what I thought was a fantastic chance last week, but the Chargers coach overdosed on analytics and the Browns stopped tackling on the final drive...so I lost 2 and you won 2. A 14-2 week would have made things manageable for me. Not ready to panic yet! Good luck to everyone in the last 3 weeks!

John

Merlin1958
12-22-2021, 06:16 PM
Oh, now I get it. Someone said pick Football games and I've been picking Futbol games!!!

:wtf::wtf::wtf:

Jon
12-24-2021, 08:00 PM

Sorry Skippy and Gretchen...I'm doing my best to recover to make this a 3-person race after weeks of 60 and 80 points. I had what I thought was a fantastic chance last week, but the Chargers coach overdosed on analytics and the Browns stopped tackling on the final drive...so I lost 2 and you won 2. A 14-2 week would have made things manageable for me. Not ready to panic yet! Good luck to everyone in the last 3 weeks!

John

Yeah. I understand the "killer instinct" but that was ridiculous. Just like the Ravens going for the kill the second time this season.

Merlin1958
12-26-2021, 10:26 AM

John

Yeah. I understand the "killer instinct" but that was ridiculous. Just like the Ravens going for the kill the second time this season.

Overall, so far, its been a "unique" kind of year in the NFL. You gotta roll the dice every week it seems!!! lol Unfortunately, my rolls have come up "snake eyes" more often than not. My hats off to the league leaders this year!!!

NeedfulKings
12-27-2021, 08:26 PM
Congratulations to our Week 16 winners Lurker and Spencer coming in at a tough 13-3.

Two weeks to go - the race to first and last place is heating up!

Jon
12-29-2021, 12:01 PM
Yeah. That race to last is a bit funny.

NeedfulKings
01-03-2022, 08:43 PM
Wow! congratulations to the week 17 winners Spencer and Garrell with 14 wins!!!

NeedfulKings
01-03-2022, 08:50 PM
We've got a healthy contest in the 3rd place area (not to say 1st and 2nd are out of reach for anyone). As a reminder - if there is a need to invoke a tiebreaker, the following rules apply:

● Tiebreaker #1 - Higher number of points scored for Week 18
● Tiebreaker #2 - Higher number of points scored for Week 17
● Tiebreaker #3 - Higher number of points scored for Week 16
● Tiebreaker #4 - Higher number of points scored for Week 15
● Tiebreaker #5 - Higher number of points scored for Week 14

The same rules - starting with Lowest number of points - apply for the "most coveted" Last Place trophy.

NeedfulKings
01-09-2022, 09:22 PM
Wow! What a season!!!! Here are the official results of the contest - CONGRATULATIONS to everyone!!!

FIRST PLACE: SkippyD023 (Previous wins: 2016 Last Place, 2015 Second Place, 2012 Last Place, 2011 Firsts Place, 2010 Second Place, 2009 Third Place)

SECOND PLACE: gsvec (Previous wins: 2020 Last Place, 2015 Last Place)

THIRD PLACE: Spencer (Previous wins: 2017 Second Place, 2015 Second Place, 2015 Perfect Week (16-0), 2014 First Place, 2012 Second Place, 2009 Second Place)

LAST PLACE: east-tennessee (Previous wins: 2012 Third Place, 2011 Third Place, 2010 Third Place, 2009 Third Place)

east-tennessee
01-09-2022, 09:40 PM
Thank you Bill for running this. Congrats to all the winners.. Go Titans.........see you on Feb 13th :)

Merlin1958
01-10-2022, 12:14 PM
:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

Lurker
01-10-2022, 03:20 PM
Thanks Bill! Congrats to everyone and see ya next year!

Spencer
01-10-2022, 05:10 PM
https://i.imgflip.com/45i0mn.png

Randall Flagg
01-10-2022, 07:23 PM
Press Release 1/10/2022:

After a disappointing 9th place finish in this year's football pick contest; TheDarkTower.Org has fired General Manager, Head Coach and Laundryman Jerome Smith.

Despite numerous winning records, and several championships, the owner has fired himself. In a quote obtained by an anonymous source, Smith stated "Championships, and nothing less are the standard we have".

A search is now ongoing for a replacement.

NeedfulKings
01-10-2022, 07:24 PM
https://i.imgflip.com/45i0mn.png

Press Release 1/10/2022:

After a disappointing 9th place finish in this year's football pick contest; TheDarkTower.Org has fired General Manager, Head Coach and Laundryman Jerome Smith.

Despite numerous winning records, and several championships, the owner has fired himself. In a quote obtained by an anonymous source, Smith stated "Championships, and nothing less are the standard we have".

Haha!!! Loved both of these!

NeedfulKings
01-10-2022, 07:25 PM
P.S. For the winners - I will solicit mailing addresses, but will wait until we get the trophies ordered. I tend to procrastinate and people move six times. ;)

gsvec
01-12-2022, 03:49 PM
I still can't believe I actually placed this year - how exciting! Bill, you rock this every year and we thank you!! :rock:

Merlin1958
01-12-2022, 05:36 PM
Yes, many thanks, Bill for all you do with these tournaments. You're a gentleman and a scholar.

One word sums up my performance this year.............................................. ..SAD!!! ><

Jon
01-12-2022, 07:03 PM
Press Release 1/10/2022:

"Playoffs? Don’t talk about?playoffs?! You kidding me? Playoffs?! I just hope we can win a game! Another game!"

Jon
01-12-2022, 07:05 PM
Thanks to everyone and special thanks to BoR and Bill of the Pacific Northwest.
Bill of the Southwest; are we doing a playoff's contest like last season?

Johnny007
01-13-2022, 06:50 AM
Thanks, Bill, for running this entertaining contest year after year!

Congratulations to SkippyD023 for his year-long consistency resulting in 1st place. Also, kudos to gsvec and Spencer for their top-3 finishes! And east-tennessee, somebody's got to be last. You are worthy!

Lastly, I see that Black Monday caught up with TheDarkTower.org. So sad. Perhaps Merlin1958 will put his NY hat in the ring for this prestigious vacancy.

Thanks to all for another fun year!

John

NeedfulKings
01-13-2022, 06:44 PM
Thank you Bill for running this. Congrats to all the winners.. Go Titans.........see you on Feb 13th :)

Thanks Bill! Congrats to everyone and see ya next year!

I still can't believe I actually placed this year - how exciting! Bill, you rock this every year and we thank you!! :rock:

Yes, many thanks, Bill for all you do with these tournaments. You're a gentleman and a scholar.

One word sums up my performance this year.............................................. ..SAD!!! ><

Thanks to everyone and special thanks to BoR and Bill of the Pacific Northwest.
Bill of the Southwest; are we doing a playoff's contest like last season?

Thanks, Bill, for running this running this entertaining contest year after year!

Congratulations to SkippyD023 for his year-long consistency resulting in 1st place. Also, kudos to gsvec and Spencer for their top-3 finishes! And east-tennessee, somebody's got to be last. You are worthy!

Lastly, I see that Black Monday caught up with TheDarkTower.org. So sad. Perhaps Merlin1958 will put his NY hat in the ring for this prestigious vacancy.

Thanks to all for another fun year!

John

Always a pleasure. Regardless of whether we win a trophy (which is RARE), or not that process is always the icing on the cake. We can't thank you all enough for your years (15 or more?) of support!

Jon
01-15-2022, 06:26 PM
Yeah Bill. But BoR was looking good for a bit there this season.

Gretchen gave me hope!!

Good job lady. !!!

SkippyD023
02-07-2022, 03:43 AM
Bill thanks again for running this contest and providing the trophies. It is always a lot of fun.

NeedfulKings
02-07-2022, 05:00 PM
Yeah Bill. But BoR was looking good for a bit there this season.

Gretchen gave me hope!!

Good job lady. !!!

BedOfRoses is always looking good to me. :)

Bill thanks again for running this contest and providing the trophies. It is always a lot of fun.

Thank you! This contest feeds off the competition, so I appreciate you all coming back year after year!

NeedfulKings
02-16-2022, 09:03 PM
Trophies! We'll get these out in the mail next week!

http://www.thedarktower.org/gallery/data/996/medium/IMG_09671.jpg

BedOfRoses
02-17-2022, 08:25 PM
The trophies look amazing! Congrats to all of the winners! :clap:

Garrell
02-18-2022, 05:18 AM
Congrats

gsvec
02-19-2022, 02:48 PM
Gorgeous! I can't wait to display mine proudly! <3

Jon
02-26-2022, 11:22 AM
Good job lady!!!
I was so excited for you the whole last part of the season.