PDA

View Full Version : Recommended bookdealers

Brice
03-12-2008, 03:46 AM
Okay, we have the thread where we point out questionable sales (and thus sellers) on ebay. I thought maybe there should be a thread for letting people know who the best sellers are, both on and off ebay. So which do you buy from? Who do you recommend?

the list compiled from the posts below

stores
Hutch- http://marketplaceadvisor.channeladvisor.com/StoreFrontProfiles/default.aspx?sfid=30007
Bettsbooks-http://www.bettsbooks.com/
Camelot Books - (Kim and Tony) Tampa Fla-http://www.camelotbooks.com/catalog/
Badmoon Books - (Roy)-http://www.badmoonbooks.com/home.php?xid=1464d6bd7f5ad84794b6a0a3b3492464
Barry Levin-http://www.raresf.com/bhome.html
Lloyd Currey-http://www.lwcurrey.com/
Strand bookstore -(NYC)-http://www.strandbooks.com/
The Horror Mall-https://www.horror-mall.com/home.php?xid=465be541b9755f44d73794a198168cc5
Books Etc-http://www.booksetc.net/
Very Fine Books-http://www.veryfinebooks.com/Stephen_King_Signed_Rare_Books_s/76.htm
Barnes & Noble-http://www.barnesandnoble.com/
Amazon-http://www.amazon.com/
Cemetary Dance-http://www.cemeterydance.com/
Overlook Conection (dave)-http://www.overlookconnection.com/

ebay sellers

Mike Pasuik (pasiuk57)
Greg (Shibus)
Bailwickbooks
tippy4
maryuk
Calla Wolf
weathervane7
Riverlintrader
tinah3
chaos consultants
brentkpg
tristanbooks
Mulleins

Mr. Rabbit Trick
03-12-2008, 04:00 AM
Who would you recommend...

Hutch
Bettsbooks

jhanic
03-12-2008, 04:55 AM
Mike Pasuik (pasiuk57)

John

wizardsrainbow
03-12-2008, 05:01 AM
Camelot Books - (Kim and Tony) Tampa Fla
Badmoon Books - Roy
Barry Levin
Lloyd Currey
Hutch (mentioned)
Bett's Bookstore - Stu (mentioned)
Strand bookstore (NYC)
Mike Pasiuk (mentioned)
Other collectors here on the site

Calla_Wolf
03-12-2008, 05:05 AM
The Horror Mall

mia/susannah
03-12-2008, 05:06 AM
I order most of my books online through Barnes and Noble. I will visit the store itself once in a while but it is so far from me it is easier to just order online. Beside, I am to lazy to go out. :nana:

jhanic
03-12-2008, 06:05 AM
The only problem I have with Barnes and Noble, Amazon, etc. is that you are never sure of the number printing you are getting--not important unless you want a first edition, first printing. To most collectors, this is important.

John

e_taylor
03-12-2008, 06:15 AM
Books Etc - they've got two locations in California. Great customer service and they are willing to work out a mutually beneficial deal with you.

Cutter
03-13-2008, 05:14 PM
We are forgetting Very Fine Books who has been supporting Lija's Library with many signed books in contests. Sometimes a little pricey but they don't sell anything that isn't in Fine condition. This is where I bought my The Stand Limited (I made an offer).

wizardsrainbow
03-14-2008, 02:55 AM
Good point Geoff. And I would also offer up our own Greg (Shibus) as someone I trust in a sale. Wish he posted more often here.

Pasiuk57
03-14-2008, 03:39 AM
I just bought two more books from Roy at Bad Moon Books in California. No problem with him. I totally recommend Dave Hutcheson and Greg Stanton also.

shnnrc01
03-14-2008, 08:53 AM
Bailwickbooks in the UK is a decent guy.

Calla_Wolf
03-14-2008, 12:28 PM
I'll put a vote in for tippy4

Calla_Wolf
03-14-2008, 12:28 PM
and maryuk

jhanic
03-14-2008, 12:30 PM
There's this guy--Calla Wolf--who's a good guy too!

John

tippy4
03-14-2008, 12:45 PM
I'll put a vote in for tippy4

:blush:

Why thank you Ceri!

Sellers I know and trust:
calla wolf (of course)
badmoon Books
shibus
pasiuk57
weathervane7
Camelot Books
Betts Books
Riverlintrader
tinah3
chaos consultants
And while I don't think I have ever done business with Hutch, I would have complete and total faith in anything he has for sale.

Calla_Wolf
03-14-2008, 12:53 PM
:) you make me blush

Here's another - brentkpg

Anyone want to consolidate the list into one? Or maybe pin it to the top somewhere - I think it would be useful, especially for newbies.

Tippy - one name in your list does make me hesitate...I know that tinah3 has offered questionable signatures (though she has stated in the auction that they're authenticity has been questioned)

midnightrambler34
03-16-2008, 09:06 AM
The only problem I have with Barnes and Noble, Amazon, etc. is that you are never sure of the number printing you are getting--not important unless you want a first edition, first printing. To most collectors, this is important.

John

From my past experience with both of those stores is that if you pre-order the book you'll get a first edition/printing. However if the book has already been released, then your taking a chance. Also, I think its pretty much safe to assume that if you buy anything from one of the collectors here, you can be assured as to what you are getting is accurate and legit, and that comes from past experience as well.

artan
03-16-2008, 09:26 AM
Anyone want to consolidate the list into one? Or maybe pin it to the top somewhere - I think it would be useful, especially for newbies.

It's a wonderful idea...

...and could make sense try to do a "Top 10 (or 20) questionable bookdealers" ?

:evil:

jhanic
03-16-2008, 10:40 AM

John

From my past experience with both of those stores is that if you pre-order the book you'll get a first edition/printing. However if the book has already been released, then your taking a chance. Also, I think its pretty much safe to assume that if you buy anything from one of the collectors here, you can be assured as to what you are getting is accurate and legit, and that comes from past experience as well.

You're right about Amazon, etc. I pre-order all my UK King editions from Amazon UK and have always gotten a first/first. I should have qualified my initial comments.

And I agree also on the seller/collectors on this site. A great bunch of people!

John

Patrick
03-17-2008, 10:14 PM
It wasn't until I read this thread that I realized the number of different sellers I've purchased from. Many of them are now members of this site, including Hutch, Shibus and Tippy to name a few. I have complete faith in all of our longtime members.

Brice
03-18-2008, 06:19 AM

Done, Ceri! I just added them to my initial post. I just added everyone mentioned. It'll have to be up to them to read the thread to find out about any that there might be disagreement about though. I'll do my best to keep the list updated.

Cutter
03-18-2008, 10:34 AM

Done, Ceri! I just added them to my initial post. I just added everyone mentioned. It'll have to be up to them to read the thread to find out about any that there might be disagreement about though. I'll do my best to keep the list updated.
Just to be more of a pain, lol how about splitting up the on-line stores from the eBay accounts. I have a feeling newbies would have no idea which was a store or a person.

Matt
03-18-2008, 10:42 AM
Great idea, I am also wondering of you guys thing this whole thing should be an article in the catalog above?

Calla_Wolf
03-18-2008, 11:08 AM
Great idea, I am also wondering of you guys thing this whole thing should be an article in the catalog above?

I vote yes, though I guess I should declare an interest as I'm on the list...but I DO think it's a useful tool, especially for newcomers

Randall Flagg
03-18-2008, 11:27 AM
Perhaps we should leave a few threads down here below the line.:orely:

jhanic
03-18-2008, 11:28 AM
Maybe under the Tutorials.

John

Matt
03-18-2008, 11:39 AM
Either way is totally cool with me, just wanted to suggest it.

Chooch
03-19-2008, 03:17 AM
Excellent thread idea....lets get on board with the good sellers!

Brice
03-19-2008, 05:12 AM

Just to be more of a pain, lol how about splitting up the on-line stores from the eBay accounts. I have a feeling newbies would have no idea which was a store or a person.

How's that? I also put links in for the stores. Someone please let me know if there are any mistakes.

Chooch
03-19-2008, 03:17 PM
How about Cemetary Dance?

Also Overlook Conection (dave)

and Ebay tristanbooks

Patrick
03-19-2008, 03:40 PM
John
I agree that it doesn't really belong in Catalogs (in my opinion). Here in the general forum where you can also find the "questionable sellers" thread seems right to me, although I can see a case why the Tutorials subforum may be appropriate.

:clap: Brice, your first post looks great - with the lists and links. Thanks for doing that. :dance:

Matt, should Brice include a disclaimer in that first post that these are only the opinions of the members and that TDT.com takes no official position?

jhanic
03-19-2008, 04:50 PM
The main reason I suggested under the Tutorials was that that would be one of the first places a new collector might look.

John

Brice
03-20-2008, 03:26 AM
How about Cemetary Dance?

Also Overlook Conection (dave)

and Ebay tristanbooks

I updated the list to include these.

John
I agree that it doesn't really belong in Catalogs (in my opinion). Here in the general forum where you can also find the "questionable sellers" thread seems right to me, although I can see a case why the Tutorials subforum may be appropriate.

:clap: Brice, your first post looks great - with the lists and links. Thanks for doing that. :dance:

Matt, should Brice include a disclaimer in that first post that these are only the opinions of the members and that TDT.com takes no official position?

I can if y'all want one.

And, thank you Patrick. :)

Nerak
03-20-2008, 08:41 AM
psstttt

Mulleins.....Our very own Ralph

I added him to the list for ya!!!

Matt
03-20-2008, 08:51 AM
Great guy that Ralph.

I do not see how a disclaimer could hurt, great idea Patrick.

natehorning
03-23-2008, 03:57 PM
I know weathervane has been listed on here as a recommended bookseller and I would like to second that. I have recently completed two transactions with them and they were very communicative and helpful. The latest transaction was for 10, 1985 issues of the Castle Rock Newsletter. When I received them (quickly, I might add) they had included a "The Stand" bookmark and a second printing of Joe Hill's "Better Than Home." Sure these aren't the most valuable collectibles but it was nice to receive something unrequired from an eBay seller. The included note said they thought I might like them in addition to my purchase. Anyway, just wanted to say something nice to offset all of my skepticism regarding most eBay listings. Thanks for listening.

Nate

Brice
03-23-2008, 05:26 PM
I am just curious; is weathervane7 a member here? I'm sure I saw something that led me to think this somewhere on these boards. Am I wrong?

wizardsrainbow
03-24-2008, 02:40 AM
Yes, weathervane7 is our own fsmdr (Juliana).

Fsmdr
03-24-2008, 09:29 AM
Yes, weathervane7 is our own fsmdr (Juliana).

Sorry Wiz, Weathervane is another lady collector. My ebay Id is fsmdr.

wizardsrainbow
03-24-2008, 09:38 AM
Wow! I stand corrected and my apologies Juliana! I'll chalk that one up to one of John's "senior moments."

turtlex
07-23-2008, 04:26 AM
Hey All -

Am taking my vacation in Bar Harbor, Maine again this year and am thinking of doing a little trip to Betts Books... you know, have a look-see around. Anyone ever been there?

carlosdetweiller
07-23-2008, 04:36 AM
Hey All -

Am taking my vacation in Bar Harbor, Maine again this year and am thinking of doing a little trip to Betts Books... you know, have a look-see around. Anyone ever been there?

I've been there a couple of times but not since he moved from downtown to the smaller store on Hammond. It would be worth the trip if you are a King fan. And Stu has a map to hand out to tourists that lists the locations of many of the Bangor sites made popular by King's books, such as the standpipe, Paul Bunyan stature, the barrens, etc. I think you should go if you have not been before.

wizardsrainbow
07-23-2008, 05:02 AM
Yes, I have been there twice in the last three years. It is easy to find and actually I was surprised at how small the store was. But then again, it is Bangor. Stu can also point out where King's house is (just a few blocks away). Definitely go see it. If you hang out a little while, King has been known to talk to sightseers (not me unfortunately).

Also, Bar Harbor is fabulous. Since you've been there before...our FAVORITE place is the movie theatre (forget the name) that has sofas and big puffy chairs and you can order pizza and beer.

In Acadia national park, a MUST stop is Jordan Pond. Have popovers on the lawn out back!

turtlex
07-23-2008, 05:06 AM
wizardsrainbow / carlos - Thanks for the info. I'm really looking forward to going now. This is my second visit to Maine. I'm staying right outside Acadia and LOVE the Jordan Pond Restaurant. Lunch out in the yard, it was like 1907 there! Last year we stayed in Bar Harbor only about four days, but this year we're staying a whole week and just going to relax and take the place in. We'll do the Margaret Todd schooner and all the fun stuff in Acadia ( I am a National Park geek and do geocaching as well ).

Now, for sure I am going to schedule a trip to Betts.

Thanks again !

wizardsrainbow
07-23-2008, 05:09 AM
wizardsrainbow / carlos - Thanks for the info. I'm really looking forward to going now. This is my second visit to Maine. I'm staying right outside Acadia and LOVE the Jordan Pond Restaurant. Lunch out in the yard, it was like 1907 there! Last year we stayed in Bar Harbor only about four days, but this year we're staying a whole week and just going to relax and take the place in. We'll do the Margaret Todd schooner and all the fun stuff in Acadia ( I am a National Park geek and do geocaching as well ).

Now, for sure I am going to schedule a trip to Betts.

Thanks again !

Have a fabu time! Wish I was going this year. I LOVE Maine. Maine and Vermont are the two places in the running for my eventual retirement (still some years away).

Ari_Racing
07-23-2008, 06:53 AM
I'm taking note of all this! :)

I'll be in Bangor next August 1st!

Calla_Wolf
07-23-2008, 11:02 PM
On my first honeymoon (coach trip around Maine and Canada) we stopped for one night in Bangor - Stu and Penney picked me up from our hotel for the night and drove me around the town and King sights (including SK's amazing house) then opened up especially for me (this was around 8pm). Great place, great people.

gsvec
07-23-2008, 11:46 PM
On my first honeymoon (coach trip around Maine and Canada) we stopped for one night in Bangor - Stu and Penney picked me up from our hotel for the night and drove me around the town and King sights (including SK's amazing house) then opened up especially for me (this was around 8pm). Great place, great people.

You left your bride at the hotel? :unsure:

And by the way, Ceri, your photographs are absolutely amazing! This one's my favorite - Bath Cathedral (http://api.ning.com/files/AkaHJ0MOqBAOk7PfXcZK4oH1ulPh*XNRSfGWCCpQZ8rAn7nqus yOcM2lahBNX8eDeVJ3PGsJ4a-k98Yxw8XAWhjs28RL0QVN/Bath_Cathedral_fisheye_HDR.jpg).

herbertwest
07-24-2008, 01:49 AM

You left your bride at the hotel? :unsure:

thinking the same lol

Mr. Rabbit Trick
07-26-2008, 09:39 AM
There's some yummy stuff on sale at Betts Bookstore right now.

Asbestos Firestarter with slipcase
Regulators Proof Manuscript
Green Mile 1 to 6 Proofs
Dandeline Wine only reduced to below published price
Green Mile Lettered reduced to below published price.

***runs off to check wallet***

tippy4
07-26-2008, 01:47 PM
I just grabbed the Dandelion Wine.

At 33% below publisher's price, I don't think I will ever see it cheaper than that.

Thanks MRT!

Mr. Rabbit Trick
07-26-2008, 01:57 PM
That was a great price. I would have bought it if I didn't already have it.

I couldn't resist the Green Mile Proof set.

jhanic
07-26-2008, 06:03 PM
I'm still looking for the Green Mile #6 proof.

John

Pasiuk57
07-26-2008, 07:03 PM
someone bought the 6 green mile proofs!

herbertwest
07-27-2008, 01:45 AM
MrRabbitTrick did ;-)

carlosdetweiller
07-27-2008, 04:42 AM
I couldn't resist the Green Mile Proof set.

I think you did well getting that set. THE GREEN MILE #6 proof is remarkably scarce and #1 is pretty rare too. Some rumor (now regarded as fact) said only "6 or 7" copies of #6 were released because King didn't want the ending to be released early and spoiled for readers. I don't know if that is true or not. I think I have either seen for sale or know the whereabouts of more than that number of copies. But it is still a very rare book and Mr. Rabbit Trick now owns one of the more difficult King proofs to locate.

Pasiuk57
07-27-2008, 06:38 AM
I have a set of all 6. Sounds like Bob does also. I'm sure I know of another person who has one but you do not see them come up much for sale of all 6. I'm not sure I would ever sell mine for only $2500 as #1 and #6 especially are super tough to find. The Firestarter Asbestos is also a steal at $14500. I have the lettered Edition "M" (for Mike!!) and it took me years and years to find (and afford) a copy!!

Mr. Rabbit Trick
07-27-2008, 06:46 AM
Thanks for the info about GM #6 proof. I knew it was quite rare but not that rare.

I wish someone would buy that firestarter as its annoying me "just sitting there". :)

I vowed I would never buy it as I think it is horrible. It reminds me of some places on the oil-rigs I used to work on. Whole rooms were clad with the same asbestos material.

I suppose I could just make my own copy. :)

Pasiuk57
07-27-2008, 12:41 PM
With only 26 in the world and they normally do not change hands, it is a deal. Yes a lot of money, but a deal..

carlosdetweiller
07-27-2008, 01:09 PM
With only 26 in the world and they normally do not change hands, it is a deal. Yes a lot of money, but a deal..

No high end collection should be without one.

Mr. Rabbit Trick
07-27-2008, 02:30 PM

I totally agree, and that's why I will get a copy.

I know there were only 26 produced, but I think more will come onto the market over the next few years. Several high end collectors seem to be selling their collections. I've noticed a few real rarities coming onto the open market recently. (I've bought some of them.)

I'm the new-kid-on-the-block, but there are not enough new collectors like me to take over from those who "drop out", therefore creating a buyers market.

Cutter
07-29-2008, 05:26 AM

I totally agree, and that's why I will get a copy.

I know there were only 26 produced, but I think more will come onto the market over the next few years. Several high end collectors seem to be selling their collections. I've noticed a few real rarities coming onto the open market recently. (I've bought some of them.)

I'm the new-kid-on-the-block, but there are not enough new collectors like me to take over from those who "drop out", therefore creating a buyers market.
One reason a lot of people are selling these days is the US economy. It's forcing people to get rid of some books to get a little extra cash. As you all know I sold off about a third of my collection this year (not just King) to make ends meet.

And congrats on the Green Mile set of proofs. All six is one of the Holy Grails of King collecting. I too can't believe it was only $2500. Holy cow!

turtlex
01-03-2009, 04:59 PM
I wonder if anyone here has done business with user : beefyreef at ebay.co.uk ?

He's got a sellers shop of Stephen King books there : http://stores.ebay.co.uk/STEPHEN-KING-BOOKS

jhanic
01-03-2009, 05:39 PM
I've worked with him on a few proofs. He's very reliable, but he doesn't like to bargain his prices, which I've found to be, at times, a bit high.

John

e_taylor
01-03-2009, 06:13 PM
I've worked with him on a few proofs. He's very reliable, but he doesn't like to bargain his prices, which I've found to be, at times, a bit high.

John

Agreed. But accurate descriptions and good packaging.

turtlex
01-04-2009, 02:31 AM

John

John

Agreed. But accurate descriptions and good packaging.

Thank you both, VERY much.

blg
01-04-2009, 10:16 AM
Just wanted to add that Centipede Press has specials right now on many of their books. I just got The Well yesterday and will post some pics.

I haven't been collecting for nearly as long as some of you, but Centipede has some of the best quality books I've seen. Definitely looking forward to the upcoming Stephen King art book and maybe someday I'll be able convince my wife we really need the S/L Salem's Lot. ;)

http://centipedepress.com/

wizardsrainbow
01-05-2009, 05:33 AM
I wonder if anyone here has done business with user : beefyreef at ebay.co.uk ?

He's got a sellers shop of Stephen King books there : http://stores.ebay.co.uk/STEPHEN-KING-BOOKS

I have purchased from him 3-4 times and he is a solid seller. I agree, he is tough to get a price break from but it is possible.

turtlex
01-05-2009, 05:37 AM
Thanks, David.

And Eric and John.

Am thinking about my tax refund already, and I love the UK editions, etc.

Randall Flagg
02-06-2010, 05:27 PM
Bett's Books has new ownership.
I motion that the new Bett's Books be considered as a Recommended Bookseller.

jhanic
02-06-2010, 05:28 PM
I second that motion!

John

carlosdetweiller
02-06-2010, 06:11 PM
Yes. I've already bought two books from the new owner and am very pleased.

at_one
02-07-2010, 09:21 AM
Yes. I've already bought two books from the new owner and am very pleased.

Same here...another vote for awesome bookseller!!!

Rahfa
02-07-2010, 10:29 AM
Can someone give me a little more info on this "Betts" establishment?

Randall Flagg
02-07-2010, 10:50 AM
Can someone give me a little more info on this "Betts" establishment?
I don't know. I looked them up on Wikipedia and there is no listing.:orely:

wizardsrainbow
02-08-2010, 12:18 PM
Run by a truly shady character! :P

Patrick
02-08-2010, 05:19 PM
Run by a truly shady character! :P
But I heard he includes a blurry mimeographed COA with every purchase!

Brice
02-08-2010, 06:07 PM
Oh...well in that case... :lol:

gsvec
02-08-2010, 06:12 PM
...he's gotta be legit then, right? COAs rule!! I heard something about him being a former priest - anybody have any more info on that?

Sam
02-08-2010, 06:30 PM
I think he might have quit that job to work in a restaurant of some sort. Heaven only knows how he started selling books. I've heard he guarantees every book he sells with his own personal wax seal also. Why a wax seal I don't know, but that's him. I guess he's old school.

wizardsrainbow
02-10-2010, 03:25 AM
I think he might have quit that job to work in a restaurant of some sort. Heaven only knows how he started selling books. I've heard he guarantees every book he sells with his own personal wax seal also. Why a wax seal I don't know, but that's him. I guess he's old school.
I use melted wax and my signet pinkie ring for the impression. :wtf:

wizardsrainbow
02-22-2010, 09:35 AM
Woo-Hoo! Marsha from Stephen King's office just put Betts Books as a link up on www.stephenking.com

This is a real coup for me, as King's office did not link Betts while Stu was the owner.

http://www.stephenking.com/links.html

turtlex
02-22-2010, 10:44 AM
I can personally vouche for these Betts Books people.

Got my ARC, thank you, David!

Packaged wonderfully and in pristine condition!

:grouphug:

herbertwest
02-22-2010, 11:11 AM
Congratulations David!

shnnrc01
02-22-2010, 12:41 PM
david congrats,thats really cool.

jhanic
02-22-2010, 12:51 PM
Congratulations, David. Well-deserved!

John

artan
02-22-2010, 02:40 PM
Wow David!!! Congrats!!! :rock:

Patrick
02-22-2010, 10:31 PM
Congrats on the link, David!

Matt
02-22-2010, 11:54 PM
Woo-Hoo! Marsha from Stephen King's office just put Betts Books as a link up on www.stephenking.com (http://www.stephenking.com)

This is a real coup for me, as King's office did not link Betts while Stu was the owner.

http://www.stephenking.com/links.html

Great news David, very well deserved!

frik
02-23-2010, 09:26 PM
:clap:

Excellent, David!

sk

ChristineB
02-24-2010, 05:18 AM
Congrats David!!

Really movin' up in the world now. :)

Rahfa
02-24-2010, 08:01 AM
Well, stay off SK's property, and don't sell pieces of his fence, and you'll all get along just fine! Haha...

carlosdetweiller
02-24-2010, 08:16 AM
Well, stay off SK's property, and don't sell pieces of his fence, and you'll all get along just fine! Haha...

Stay out of his dumpster too.

Brice
02-24-2010, 08:21 AM
Damn...some people are Sooooo picky. :lol:

turtlex
02-24-2010, 08:35 AM
Actually, it's kind of funny, because when I went to Betts ( you know, in the olden days when it was a physical building in Bangor ) - we were offered a map right to Sai King's house... ( no, we didn't accept ) ... and were told that he was indeed "in town today".

... now that Betts is with David, I wonder if the drive-bys and garbage stealing has dropped off? :lol:

Weird Terror 72
01-17-2011, 09:29 AM
Good point Geoff. And I would also offer up our own Greg (Shibus) as someone I trust in a sale. Wish he posted more often here.

Very much agreed, Greg is a great person to deal with.

Cutter
01-18-2011, 06:35 AM
I just grabbed the Dandelion Wine.

At 33% below publisher's price, I don't think I will ever see it cheaper than that.

Thanks MRT!

LOL, I was looking at this thread and I was wondering what's so special about Dandelion Wine. So I went to look at my copy and it's signed by King. It's sad but I don't even know how many books I have signed by King. Books like this by other authors where King signs it always throw me off.

Merlin1958
01-22-2011, 03:18 PM
FYI, Weathervane7 is a very nice, mature woman living somewhere in AZ. She and her daughter are avid King/Hill collectors and I have met her and dealt with her several times. She's a class act, thru and thru.

A few additional folks I've had good experiences with, not mentioned here, are:

1955Spartan_2008
Critical*Path
SK.Books
Partspronc
Geeman1
Filip1
Lsw623
Anjinsan767

All are Ebay seller names and I have bought from all in the past with very satisfactory experiences. I also deal with "Zoidsmith", but he's a PITA, know it all who has everything!!!! LOL (J/K) FYI I'm pretty sure that Filip1 is the guy who seems to have cornered the market on "Colorado Kid" editions. At least he used to and that's where I got my SC and AE's.

Patrick
01-22-2011, 08:08 PM
I have also purchased from filip1, or Otto, in the past and have been quite satisfied.

Weathervane7 is a member here, although I haven't seen her post in a while. :(

Pasiuk57
01-22-2011, 10:01 PM
I've bought from both-both are class acts!

Randall Flagg
01-20-2012, 06:16 PM
Bump.

AKC
01-20-2012, 09:02 PM
That ebay seller "avidkingcollector" is a pretty good guy...

:biggrin1:

AKC

Brice
01-20-2012, 11:57 PM
Modest too. :P

Merlin1958
01-21-2012, 06:14 PM
And "Subtle"............................................

:biggrin:

Shannon
01-21-2012, 06:31 PM
I think he smells.

The Library Policeman
01-21-2012, 06:39 PM
I think he smells of Stephen King

AKC
01-21-2012, 07:19 PM
:cool_002:

Merlin1958
01-21-2012, 07:40 PM
:cool_002:

Send "Bagels" for votes. LOL LOL LOL

Garrell
01-21-2012, 08:19 PM
That ebay seller "avidkingcollector" is a pretty good guy...

:biggrin1:

AKC
Bah he is too nice and easy to work with:)

TwistedNadine
07-23-2012, 04:14 PM
We have Sellers to Avoid and Buyers to Avoid but I think its time to give credit to those Trustworthy, Reliable and Honest sellers too.

First on my list is Tippy4 and Betts Books.

David may not always be quick with emails - and his site sucks (sorry but it really does) but he always delivers what he promises, packs safe and secure, and resolves issues quickly and fairly.

Tippy4 is the monster packer OMG. Fast with emails fast with shipping, accurate descriptions. Never a complaint.

Who else?

Randall Flagg
07-23-2012, 04:23 PM
We actually have a thread-thanks for resuscitating it.
Recommended Booksellers
(http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/showthread.php?2342-Recommended-bookdealers/page5)

TwistedNadine
07-23-2012, 04:34 PM
Thanks RF

I never even saw this thread before...

TwistedNadine
07-23-2012, 04:40 PM
I dont think Ive ever purchased from AKC

But Titto_Villa is also on my list of excellent sellers.

Merlin1958
07-23-2012, 04:48 PM
AKC is an excellent seller as is...

Ben Staad
Patrick
Brice
Explorer
namelesspoor
SGC1999
Dolso
RF
Wizardsrainbow (as we all know)
Killbourne
Shannon

And I am sure others I have neglected to mention,

TwistedNadine
07-23-2012, 04:59 PM
I had a good experience with SGC1999 but dont recall buying anything from any of the others on your list besides Betts

Merlin1958
07-23-2012, 05:12 PM
I had a good experience with SGC1999 but dont recall buying anything from any of the others on your list besides Betts

Then get that CC outta moth balls!!! LOL LOL

TwistedNadine
07-23-2012, 05:17 PM

You paying the bill, Bill?

Ben Staad
07-23-2012, 05:17 PM
We have Sellers to Avoid and Buyers to Avoid but I think its time to give credit to those Trustworthy, Reliable and Honest sellers too.

David may not always be quick with emails - and his site sucks (sorry but it really does) but he always delivers what he promises, packs safe and secure, and resolves issues quickly and fairly.

Tippy4 is the monster packer OMG. Fast with emails fast with shipping, accurate descriptions. Never a complaint.

Who else?

I agree that Tippy packages books very well.

Merlin1958
07-23-2012, 05:20 PM

You paying the bill, Bill?

What are you nuts? LOL LOL LOL

Who else?

I agree that Tippy packages books very well.

Tippy is a GREAT seller as well!!!