PDA

View Full Version : When a Zombie bites a Vegan, does the Vegan become an Omnivore?

Gunkslinger
04-29-2021, 06:09 AM
We all share similar, but different names, we all each are tied and true to our individual games.

One can shelter you from a storm, another will let you look forward to the new, if forlorn.

Some may call me holy and if only you knew, my lineage also has a tattoo.

What is similar and what doesn't make sense, enables the riddlemaster in their task.

Solving this riddle is the only thing I ask.

Jon
05-01-2021, 07:00 PM
Some may call me holy and if only you knew, my lineage also has a tattoo

This makes me consider the alternate definition of the word "profane." But I'm pretty out to lunch on this one.

Gunkslinger
05-02-2021, 12:01 AM
Some may call me holy and if only you knew, my lineage also has a tattoo

This makes me consider the alternate definition of the word "profane." But I'm pretty out to lunch on this one.

The first line is key.

Jon
05-02-2021, 08:16 AM
Swastika?

Gunkslinger
05-02-2021, 08:21 AM
Nein.

Jon
05-02-2021, 08:35 AM

Gunkslinger
05-02-2021, 09:29 AM

cit74
05-02-2021, 03:52 PM
I was thinking along the line of Bob, Robert....Like Bob Dylan - shelter from the storm

Gunkslinger
05-02-2021, 08:44 PM
I was thinking along the line of Bob, Robert....Like Bob Dylan - shelter from the storm

I do not see the answer I seek.

Gunkslinger
06-02-2021, 11:08 PM
Bump

Gunkslinger
06-30-2021, 06:08 AM
C'mon Man!

With a whispery creepy voice , Eldred Jonas aka Joe Biden says just solve the riddle.

Jon
07-01-2021, 11:22 PM
"One can shelter you from a storm, another will let you look forward to the new, if forlorn."

I keep thinking umbrella and umbilical...but it doesn't fit with forlorn.

Gunkslinger
07-02-2021, 01:21 AM
It's a Multinym

Gunkslinger
07-22-2021, 11:46 AM
In my best Alex Trebek voice, the answer we are looking for is 'What is eaves, eves and Yves.'

Wow, I just hit 666 posts on this site.

Jon
07-22-2021, 09:23 PM
Can you explain line by line?
Maybe you should have incorporated Burl Ives!!

Gunkslinger
07-24-2021, 12:28 AM
We all share similar, but different names, we all each are tied and true to our individual games. Filler, clue that it's a Multinym.

One can shelter you from a storm, another will let you look forward to the new, if forlorn. Eaves direct water away from your house. Eves especially New Year's Eve, a new start. Remember 2020?

Some may call me holy and if only you knew, my lineage also has a tattoo. Yves Saint Laurent, His cosmetic line has a lip dye, Tautoage and a men's cologne 'Tattoo'. A little misdirection here.

What is similar and what doesn't make sense, enables the riddlemaster in their task.

Solving this riddle is the only thing I ask. Filler.

Jon
07-28-2021, 07:59 PM
Very nice, Mike.
I have one in the works but it seems enthusiasm has died down here.

Gunkslinger
08-14-2021, 09:53 AM
Thanks Jon. I was sort of worried that the riddle sucked.

As for the enthusiasm on this thread, why put effort into creating a riddle?

Let some one else will do all the work, while you can have all the fun solving the riddle.

Apparently riddling is just another entitlement program.

Sorry, this administration has made me sour.

Hmmm, a whiskey sour sounds really nice right now.

Kindly realize that you introduced me to that concoction in NH some years ago.

For that I thank you.

I am also rambling.

Hunchback Jack
08-14-2021, 10:45 AM
I love these riddles, and appreciate the effort that goes into making them. Unfortunately, after a first guess, I find it hard to derail my brain out of that first line of thinking, even when given a clue. So I’m usually out of ideas after the first guess.

Gunkslinger
08-15-2021, 09:17 AM
I love these riddles, and appreciate the effort that goes into making them. Unfortunately, after a first guess, I find it hard to derail my brain out of that first line of thinking, even when given a clue. So I’m usually out of ideas after the first guess.

Kindly understand that I love to create riddles, but I also love to solve riddles, no matter how easy or how difficult.

So present us a riddle, our spinal challenged friend.

Jon
08-19-2021, 09:31 PM
I like writing them. I always learn something. Solving them is difficult for me.

Gunkslinger
08-21-2021, 11:52 PM
I like writing them. I always learn something. Solving them is difficult for me.

I will probably have some time now to put together riddles as Hurricane Henri sets it sights on CT this morning.

Jon
08-24-2021, 11:29 PM
God. I'm just working too damn much.
I have an idea I just have to paint it.

Gunkslinger
08-25-2021, 03:05 AM
Hurricane was a bust for CT. Power companies predicted historic power outages of 8 to 21 days.

We got two inches of rain, and I had a two foot branch fall off my Sugar Maple. Lights didn't even flicker.

Jon
08-29-2021, 05:20 AM
Looks like Louisiana isn't going to get so lucky.

I'm glad you are OK though!

Hunchback Jack
09-02-2021, 01:14 PM

Kindly understand that I love to create riddles, but I also love to solve riddles, no matter how easy or how difficult.

So present us a riddle, our spinal challenged friend.

I will try. I'm finding the difficulty is not so much in creating a riddle for which the answer works, but creating one for which a hundred other answers don't also work.

HBJ

Jon
09-06-2021, 08:09 PM
Yeah. It's not easy. If no one has a clue, I consider it a bad riddle when i write. If they get it right off, bad riddle too. Happy medium I guess.

Hunchback Jack
09-06-2021, 10:09 PM
That’s it exactly. Ideally, I think the answer should be obvious only in retrospect, which is a tough thing to pull off.

Gunkslinger
09-06-2021, 11:28 PM
Yeah. It's not easy. If no one has a clue, I consider it a bad riddle when i write. If they get it right off, bad riddle too. Happy medium I guess.

Yeah, like when you write that steamer of a riddle that is artful and elegant and then it gets hit right out of park. Wham, bam, thank you ma'am.

Then again it just takes one wrong answer to completely derail everyone's train of thought and get them thinking in the wrong direction.

Happy medium.

Jon
09-12-2021, 01:40 PM
I got three lines into the riddle I was wring and hit a wall.!
UGH!

Gunkslinger
09-12-2021, 03:02 PM
I got three lines into the riddle I was wring and hit a wall.!
UGH!

I got two in the works. I'm in New Hampshire climbing and hiking this week so riddling is a priority right now. Maybe by week's end.

Crack out those audiobooks!

Jon
09-12-2021, 03:04 PM
Yes. I need to go back to basics. I choked badly!