PDA

View Full Version : "Debris" on NBC

Merlin1958
02-10-2021, 10:55 PM
Hiya, so I've been seeing promo's for this new Sci-Fi show brought to us by the same guys who brought us "Fringe". From what I've seen it looks vey promising. I was wondering if anyone else here has targeted this show for at least a :Look See".

Promo's look like the show may be better than the title would suggest. Seems like people obtain abilities from coming in contact with space debris that has rained down all over the Western Hemisphere. Some amazing abilities, others not so much. Two agents are tasked with tracking down the various landing sites and dealig with the after effects. Very Fringe/X-Files reminicent, but that's about all I could discern from the video's. Of course, on the flip side, "Bad Guy Forces" are also after the space debris. It premieres, Monday, March 1st

So, should we be watching this show and discussing it or, is it another potential dud? Welcoming your thoughts people.

Ricky
02-11-2021, 03:26 PM
Funny, I just heard about this for the first time the other night when I saw a promo on TV. I'll probably give it a shot. It gave me Emergence vibes (which was cancelled). I'll probably check it out. I'm a sucker for any Sci-Fi that the networks try.

Still waiting for Manifest to come back!

Still Servant
02-11-2021, 06:05 PM
I just can't do network dramas anymore. The way NBC is ending their great sitcoms, I might not be able to do Network sitcoms anymore either.

Merlin1958
02-11-2021, 06:24 PM
I just can't do network dramas anymore. The way NBC is ending their great sitcoms, I might not be able to do Network sitcoms anymore either.

I kinda know what you mean, but I'm a glutton for punishment!!! lol

Still Servant
02-11-2021, 06:45 PM
I don't trust them. A cool new show comes on and they cancel it after a few episodes. They are still using an antiquated system to measure interest in a show. People don't watch TV the same way they used to even 10 years ago. That hot new show on your network might sit on someone's DVR before somebody actually sits down to watch it. People also don't want to wait a week for a new episode. It's all about the binge. They are more likely to hoard your hot new show.

Merlin1958
02-11-2021, 08:03 PM
I don't trust them. A cool new show comes on and they cancel it after a few episodes. They are still using an antiquated system to measure interest in a show. People don't watch TV the same way they used to even 10 years ago. That hot new show on your network might sit on someone's DVR before somebody actually sits down to watch it. People also don't want to wait a week for a new episode. It's all about the binge. They are more likely to hoard your hot new show.

I hear ya, my man. I've been burned on quite a few shows, but the one that still really burns my buns was, Carnivale. And that was an HBO show!!! i still don't understand how a popular show gets cancelled on a fucking pay channel. I was one of the folks that fought and got us a season two, but HBO still said "DVD sales" didn't support the show despite the huge weekly following. WTF is that about? I just don't get it with these guys!!! I get that the cost for the show was high, but it had a substantial following, which they admitted wasn't the issue. But we were fucking paying for it!!! Crazy!!!

So, I know what you mean. The list goes on for good shows that just went away despite the following.

St. Troy
02-12-2021, 06:41 AM
The more interesting the premise, the more I expect ordinary networks to butcher the execution (if this was on Netflix or HBO, I'd have more hope). Still, we have to give it a chance - things like Hannibal can happen.

Garrell
02-12-2021, 07:15 AM
Still hate that 68 Whiskey was cancelled. It was well received and got a 88% on Rotten Tomatoes. Shame to lose a great Ron Howard series.

CRinVA
02-12-2021, 08:07 AM
Im also a sucker for punishment and will be giving it a try!

Ricky
03-05-2021, 02:09 PM
I watched the premiere and thought there was waaaaaaay too much happening. For a pilot episode, there were so many ideas and plot threads. And not in a good way. I'm not sure I even know who the main characters are or what the focus of the show will be. I'll keep watching, but don't know that I'll stick with it. Anyone else watch?

Merlin1958
03-05-2021, 02:15 PM
I watched the premiere and thought there was waaaaaaay too much happening. For a pilot episode, there were so many ideas and plot threads. And not in a good way. I'm not sure I even know who the main characters are or what the focus of the show will be. I'll keep watching, but don't know that I'll stick with it. Anyone else watch?

I'm pretty much with you except its obvious to me that the main characters are going to be the two agents. I'm gonna need a few more episodes before I pass any real judgement.

St. Troy
03-08-2021, 10:32 AM
Alien tech should be enough to carry a show. Let me get this straight: grief plays a role in the tech? I’m out.

Merlin1958
05-12-2021, 04:12 PM
Alien tech should be enough to carry a show. Let me get this straight: grief plays a role in the tech? I’m out.

Me too!!! lol

George at C-Springs
06-02-2021, 06:11 PM
I'm on the 5th episode; the premise is good, but yeah there's a lot going on and I'm having a hard time liking the lead characters.

Merlin1958
06-02-2021, 07:46 PM
I'm on the 5th episode; the premise is good, but yeah there's a lot going on and I'm having a hard time liking the lead characters.

Ditto. I gave up

MikeDuke
06-03-2021, 05:24 AM
Well, it was cancelled so you are good. I actually like it.