PDA

View Full Version : The Boys on Amazon Prime

fernandito
09-04-2020, 08:20 AM
Just caught the first episode of S2 this morning. So glad this show is back on air. Let's see how the 1 new episode a week format pans out for them.

Also, Homelander could shape up to be one of the great TV villains of the 21st century, if he isn't already.

Lookwhoitis
09-04-2020, 08:21 AM
really need to make time to watch this show. I loved the Comic when it first came out

fernandito
09-04-2020, 08:31 AM
Go for it dude. You have all of S1 available, and can then jump into S2 with the rest of us.

cit74
09-05-2020, 10:49 AM
just started watching S2 - and reading the comics too - I am on volume 7 right now

fernandito
09-08-2020, 08:09 AM
Need to get used to the 1 week an episode format again. Damn binging has ruined us!

webstar1000
09-08-2020, 08:34 AM
Need to get used to the 1 week an episode format again. Damn binging has ruined us!

Amazon is only doing this one a week???? No way. I started the first one last night but didnt finish it. I LOVED Homelander and his acting... something about it. Have you ever watched Banshee? YOU SHOULD IF YOU HAVE NOT. He is in that as the main character.

fernandito
09-08-2020, 08:41 AM
Yes, the first 3 episodes of S2 are all up, then from ep4 and onwards it will be one episode per week. I get why they're doing it - it generates more buzz and online discussion this way - but it sucks for all of us that have been coddled by the convenience of binging lol.

I haven't seen Banshee yet but I remember hearing about it.. it's like a cop show right? Is it on Prime?

webstar1000
09-08-2020, 08:52 AM
Yes, the first 3 episodes of S2 are all up, then from ep4 and onwards it will be one episode per week. I get why they're doing it - it generates more buzz and online discussion this way - but it sucks for all of us that have been coddled by the convenience of binging lol.

I haven't seen Banshee yet but I remember hearing about it.. it's like a cop show right? Is it on Prime?

Banshee is basically the actor that plays Homelander... gets out of jail after a long stint... ends up at a bar passing through some town and chats to a guy at the bar that is the sherif of the town that is on his way to report first day tells him that no one has ever met him and he is nervous about the new job, etc.... and THEN a shitshow breaks out... bar gets robbed and the new sherif gets killed. Antony Starr takes over as this sherif... and thats the first 10 mins. IT IS A ROLLERCOASTER. My 3rd fav show of all time. Lost and Breaking Bad are the other ones there. I recommend EVERYONE see this show.

Noxus35
09-16-2020, 02:45 PM

Banshee is basically the actor that plays Homelander... gets out of jail after a long stint... ends up at a bar passing through some town and chats to a guy at the bar that is the sherif of the town that is on his way to report first day tells him that no one has ever met him and he is nervous about the new job, etc.... and THEN a shitshow breaks out... bar gets robbed and the new sherif gets killed. Antony Starr takes over as this sherif... and thats the first 10 mins. IT IS A ROLLERCOASTER. My 3rd fav show of all time. Lost and Breaking Bad are the other ones there. I recommend EVERYONE see this show.

Banshee is a badass show, i loved everything about it! I'm with Kris on this, watch it if you haven't. You won't regret it.😉

fernandito
01-10-2022, 06:47 AM
Season 3 teaser, airing June of this year!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JHx-6MTGpwg

ICry4Oy
01-10-2022, 09:16 AM
Don't ya just love it when a teaser shows you absolutely nothing.

RUBE
01-10-2022, 07:02 PM
Just started watching this a couple weeks ago. What a crazy ass show!

Tommy
01-10-2022, 07:04 PM
Just started watching this a couple weeks ago. What a crazy ass show!

Yeah, this show is fucking crazy and the producers claim they used five times as much fake blood as the last season which I don't see being possible. lol
Anyway, it's got Jensen now so I will definitely be watching.

ICry4Oy
06-09-2022, 07:37 AM
So far, season three is kicking ass!

fernandito
06-09-2022, 07:51 AM
That scene in the first episode of S3 is the most wild thing I have ever seen on TV. I can't believe Amazon actually let them pull that off :lol:

ICry4Oy
06-09-2022, 10:03 AM
That scene in the first episode of S3 is the most wild thing I have ever seen on TV. I can't believe Amazon actually let them pull that off :lol:

YES!

When he crawled inside the guy's dick I knew what was "coming" but was still laughing till my sides nearly split!

Merlin1958
06-09-2022, 10:34 AM
So far, season three is kicking ass!

Absolutely!!! I can't wait to see when, Homelander goes off!!! It's coming, man!!

How about, Deep eating, Tim? lol

cit74
06-09-2022, 11:27 AM
I have read all of the comics - and catching up before starting season 3 - I heard they were potentially going to have a take on herogasm? is that true? that was one of the craziest arcs in the comics....just a bit over the top

fernandito
06-09-2022, 12:12 PM
Yes. Kripke has already confirmed that the Herogasm arc will be adopted for the TV show. How closely it will follow the comics tho remains to be seen...

ICry4Oy
06-19-2022, 08:45 AM
Just as I was loving the hell out of the third season so far, they throw in an idiotic musical number.

Merlin1958
06-19-2022, 10:17 AM
I have read all of the comics - and catching up before starting season 3 - I heard they were potentially going to have a take on herogasm? is that true? that was one of the craziest arcs in the comics....just a bit over the top

Sounds about right for this show!! lol

fernandito
06-20-2022, 11:37 AM
Last week's episode was a bit of a downer, but damn it was also one of the best of the season. Maybe the entire show. You could feel the toll the war is taking on each of the characters, on both sides of the trenches.

fernandito
06-20-2022, 11:38 AM
Also if Anthony Starr doesn't get a nomination for Homelander the awards are a sham.

webstar1000
06-21-2022, 03:37 AM
Also if Anthony Starr doesn't get a nomination for Homelander the awards are a sham.

agree... ever watch Banshee?

Merlin1958
06-21-2022, 07:24 AM

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

fernandito
06-21-2022, 07:45 AM

Yes, I actually started watching it on your recommendation. I'm on S2 :cool:

webstar1000
06-21-2022, 10:38 AM

SO GOOD EH?

webstar1000
06-21-2022, 10:39 AM

SO GOOD EH?

OH! MAKE SURE YOU ALWAYS WATCH after the credits... always a little forshadow treat and some are really cool.

cit74
06-21-2022, 10:51 AM
Agreed - thoroughly enjoyed banshee

fernandito
06-24-2022, 09:51 AM
has anyone seen the Herogasm ep yet? :rolleyes3:

cit74
06-24-2022, 12:39 PM
Wild…wild - all out great episode

fernandito
06-25-2022, 06:19 PM
That was probably the wildest 1hr of television I've ever seen.

I was a little worried it was going to be all gratuitous and little substance, but it actually turned out to be one of the best episodes of the entire show. Might even be the best one.

According to Kripke the finale is going to be something on a scale we haven't seen before in TV drama. :dance:

Tommy
06-27-2022, 03:49 PM
I'm waiting for all the episodes to be out and watch during my free trial week. That's terrible isn't it? lol

fernandito
06-27-2022, 03:50 PM
Nahhhh, I do that kinda shit all the time for other services lol.

Tommy
06-27-2022, 03:54 PM
I've managed to catch wind of a lot of certain things that have happened though and I am quite anxious to get started. In the meantime, I've got TUA to watch which is one crazy ass season so far but I digress...

DoctorZaius
07-01-2022, 04:19 AM
I'm giving this one a try again. I had given up after only four episodes - seemed uneven. Now that it is three seasons in it seems worth trying again.

fernandito
07-01-2022, 10:02 AM
Spoilers for today's EP:

I don't know how I feel about the 'I'm your Daddy' twist. I think that particular twist is just SO overplayed in mainstream media "Omg! We're actually related! This automatically makes the story deeper and better, somehow...!"

I mean I'm sure Kripke and team will take it in an interesting direction, I guess I'm just wary of them going this route.

What did y'all think?

fernandito
07-07-2022, 08:53 AM
who else is (not) ready for tomorrow's finale!???

Tommy
07-07-2022, 09:24 PM
Show is crazy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wy709iNG6i8