PDA

View Full Version : The Umbrella Academy

fernandito
08-03-2020, 09:44 AM
Season 1 was great, and Season 2 is shaping up to be even better (I'm on ep 4 right now)

Who else watching this?

ICry4Oy
08-03-2020, 09:54 AM
We're 6 episodes in and LOVE it!

TnTzDad
08-03-2020, 10:05 AM
I asked my son about it yesterday, but he hasn't watched it. Reviews are good. Is it better than Amazon's The Boys?

fernandito
08-03-2020, 10:10 AM
I asked my son about it yesterday, but he hasn't watched it. Reviews are good. Is it better than Amazon's The Boys?

They share similar strands of dna, both dealing with disenchanted super heroes. The Boys is a little more grim, Umbrella Academy has more pizzazz and humor.

Think of it as if The Boys was made by DC and Umbrella Academy by Marvel.

TnTzDad
08-03-2020, 10:14 AM

Nuff said on that. I like the recent DC movies, and The Boys, but they've got miles to catch up to Marvel. T.U.A. is now only my list following Dexter. I'm starting Season 7, and already losiing interest.

Joe315
08-03-2020, 10:22 AM

Nuff said on that. I like the recent DC movies, and The Boys, but they've got miles to catch up to Marvel. T.U.A. is now only my list following Dexter. I'm starting Season 7, and already losiing interest.

You could probably stop dexter at this point. The last 2 seasons were meh.

TnTzDad
08-03-2020, 10:26 AM
Truth be told, I want to finish just to see how bad it gets. It can't be as bad as Punisher Season 2. I quit that after episode 2. IMHO, it's the second worst Marvel series, aside from Iron Fist. I miss Dare Devil! (Sorry, getting off topic...)

ICry4Oy
08-04-2020, 08:38 AM
I liked The Boys but I love The Umbrella Academy! Anyone catch the Stephen King reference of a certain room number?

fernandito
08-04-2020, 08:49 AM
I liked The Boys but I love The Umbrella Academy! Anyone catch the Stephen King reference of a certain room number?

Dude yes! Thanks for reminding me, I meant to post about it itt.

webstar1000
08-04-2020, 09:58 AM
The BOYS is wayyyyyyyyyyyyyy better. I find this one a bit campy.

fernandito
08-04-2020, 10:17 AM
I love them both, honestly couldn't pick between one or the either. They each bring something different to the table.

Aremag
08-04-2020, 02:02 PM
Finished the second season and enjoyed it. Like the first season I believe Ellen Page to be the weak link in this series again in the second season. Compared to all the other actors it feels like she's just phoning it in and it boggles my mind that she is top billed. I also believe The Boys is a much better series and can't wait for that second season.

ICry4Oy
06-24-2022, 07:48 PM
Loving the hell out of season 3! Also, it's okay to love both shows. I do.

fernandito
06-25-2022, 06:20 PM
I love them both, honestly couldn't pick between one or the either. They each bring something different to the table.

This statement is outdate; The Boys is a much better show :lol:

STILL, TUA is a damn fine show. I keep forgetting that this show is no slouch either when it comes to the gore department.