PDA

View Full Version : If It Bleeds Signed?

Beverly Marsh
04-30-2020, 03:50 AM
So I'm sure many of you watched the King/Grisham event and of course caught the fact that he's signing a bunch of books to help independent bookstores. Assuming it's the new one.
Thought we could speculate and add info here as people come by it.

webstar1000
04-30-2020, 03:55 AM
Yes I was posting about this. There is supposed to be 500 I think Being done and details to be released soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kingfan24
04-30-2020, 07:17 AM
These will likely be released to local bookstores for locals only is my guess.

Merlin1958
04-30-2020, 08:52 AM
These will likely be released to local bookstores for locals only is my guess.

IDK You may be able to purchase online, social distancing and all, no? I would expect they are not having you visit the store.

Patrick
04-30-2020, 10:03 AM
Does anyone have a link to a video of the event? Thanks.

Bev Vincent
04-30-2020, 10:11 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-xXj3jcRWs4&feature=emb_logo

Merlin1958
04-30-2020, 10:58 AM
Thank you, Bev!!! That was great!!! Once again, YOU DA MAN!!!!!! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Question, Bev. Is there someplace online that's lists links to independent bookstores that sell online? Is it the "BINC" that they reference or somewhere else?

FWIW, I came away with a few, Grisham novels to order.

shaq
04-30-2020, 11:50 AM
That was an excellent watch, so natural. Great

Bev Vincent
04-30-2020, 01:58 PM
Question, Bev. Is there someplace online that's lists links to independent bookstores that sell online? Is it the "BINC" that they reference or somewhere else?

I haven't heard how the books are going to be distributed. I'll let you know if I do. I've been reading Grisham since THE FIRM. A good storyteller.

Merlin1958
04-30-2020, 02:29 PM

I haven't heard how the books are going to be distributed. I'll let you know if I do. I've been reading Grisham since THE FIRM. A good storyteller.

Thank you that would be cool, but I was referring to just buying books in general instead of say, Amazon or B&N. You know, some central link/website listing for independent book stores that offer online sales.

Ricky
04-30-2020, 02:29 PM
Don't know about signed copies of If It Bleeds, but I ordered a signed copy of Camino Winds about a month ago from New Dominion Books (in VA, I think), for anyone who's interested. I met Grisham on tour for Camino Islands a few years back.

bdwyer19
04-30-2020, 02:52 PM
Grisham mentioned Square Books. That is a great bookstore to buy from. I’ve purchased several signed novels of his from there over the past twenty years.

sentinel
04-30-2020, 04:33 PM

Thank you that would be cool, but I was referring to just buying books in general instead of say, Amazon or B&N. You know, some central link/website listing for independent book stores that offer online sales.

Hey Merlin,
Here is the website for the ABA independent bookstores. Just put in your zip code and it will tell you participating stores. If you don't have a local favorite you can use my zip 32720!
https://www.indiecommerce.org/
Another service for independent stores is Book shop at https://bookshop.org/
Support your local stores!

Merlin1958
05-01-2020, 12:05 AM

Hey Merlin,
Here is the website for the ABA independent bookstores. Just put in your zip code and it will tell you participating stores. If you don't have a local favorite you can use my zip 32720!
https://www.indiecommerce.org/
Another service for independent stores is Book shop at https://bookshop.org/
Support your local stores!

I'm definitely going to do that and many thanks my good man!!!! Think I've had enough of B&N and Amazon and will start with a couple of the, Grisham books mentioned in the discussion!!!

Randall Flagg
05-01-2020, 03:32 PM
I believe the signed books are gone.

jreitan47
05-01-2020, 03:41 PM
Guess I wasn't "in the know" in regards to the link sent out to the bookstore email subscribers, but I found out which store it was and placed an order for the book anyways. If I get one signed, cool...if not, I have a copy to put on the first edition shelf as I already have my reading copy..and it feels nice supporting an Independent.

bdwyer19
05-01-2020, 06:06 PM
The signed books lasted about three hours.

herbertwest
05-02-2020, 01:30 AM
Well, I registered to the mailing list. Just in case there will be another opportunity.
Although I heard that they werent shipping outside of the USA/ Canada....

Beverly Marsh
05-02-2020, 03:23 AM
Yep, they were available for $30.00 but not a member so I heard about it later. Obviously a great deal for those who snagged one, let's see how many end up on the aftermarket and at what price 🙄
One bookstore down....

Br!an
05-02-2020, 03:40 AM
I really missed it!

Who's mailing list?

webstar1000
05-02-2020, 03:43 AM
I really missed it!

Who's mailing list?

Bookstore1

webstar1000
05-02-2020, 03:44 AM
Yep, they were available for $30.00 but not a member so I heard about it later. Obviously a great deal for those who snagged one, let's see how many end up on the aftermarket and at what price [emoji849]
One bookstore down....

I was guessing $500-600 but David at Betts thinks way more and a couple of others too. I’m guessing 500 copies were signed. Be interesting to see what they go for. One guy sold his copy for $750 pretty quick on Facebook though. Another girl I know is asking $800 for hers

Beverly Marsh
05-02-2020, 03:45 AM
I really missed it!

Who's mailing list?

Yeah I don't know why it's a big secret since it's sold out anyway. Sarasota had them and sent emails to newsletter members. If you weren't a member and tried to buy one you got a message back about it. I personally didn't do any of this but had a friend who tried and failed and one who did get one.

webstar1000
05-02-2020, 03:46 AM
I really missed it!

Who's mailing list?

Yeah I don't know why it's a big secret since it's sold out anyway. Sarasota had them and sent emails to newsletter members. If you weren't a member and tried to buy one you got a message back about it. I personally didn't do any of this but had a friend who tried and failed and one who did get one.

You could sign up right there and then and buy one. One per person.

Br!an
05-02-2020, 03:47 AM
I really missed it!

Who's mailing list?

Bookstore1

Thanks, Kris. I'm surprised I'm not already on their list.

webstar1000
05-02-2020, 03:48 AM
I really missed it!

Who's mailing list?

Bookstore1

Thanks, Kris. I'm surprised I'm not already on their list.

You should be man. We were at the last signing together! I got a book off you that you brought for me! Member brother? I asked King about another DT book.

Beverly Marsh
05-02-2020, 03:51 AM
Yep, they were available for $30.00 but not a member so I heard about it later. Obviously a great deal for those who snagged one, let's see how many end up on the aftermarket and at what price [emoji849]
One bookstore down....

I was guessing $500-600 but David at Betts thinks way more and a couple of others too. I’m guessing 500 copies were signed. Be interesting to see what they go for. One guy sold his copy for $750 pretty quick on Facebook though. Another girl I know is asking $800 for hers

Makes sense. More along the lines of The Institute pricing. A little less than The Outsider or Elevation because more signed.
If I got one for $30.00 that'd be great but I won't be paying astronomical prices for this.

webstar1000
05-02-2020, 03:52 AM
One bookstore down....

Makes sense. More along the lines of The Institute pricing. A little less than The Outsider or Elevation because more signed.
If I got one for $30.00 that'd be great but I won't be paying astronomical prices for this.

I haven’t even read the book yet to see if it’s good. Institute seems to have settled in the $650 range. Maybe this will as well. We will see soon enough. The books start shipping on Tuesday.

Beverly Marsh
05-02-2020, 07:19 AM
Just a random drive by question that a friend brought to my attention(quarantine means random thoughts)
Finished If it Bleeds this morning.
WHY is there a cat on the cover? 🤣

Roseannebarr
05-02-2020, 07:27 AM
Just a random drive by question that a friend brought to my attention(quarantine means random thoughts)
Finished If it Bleeds this morning.
WHY is there a cat on the cover? 🤣

Because there is.:excited::panic::panic::panic:

Excellent post! Now I have to know! Bev?

:excited:

Randall Flagg
05-02-2020, 07:31 AM
I didn't see a cat, I saw a rat...

wizardsrainbow
05-02-2020, 07:51 AM
One bookstore down....

All my knowledge comes second hand, but to the BEST of my estimation, there were about 200-250 books sold....I know person who got to order first and his number was 130 (bookstore was numbering ALL online orders, not just If It Bleeds)....last number just before it sold out was 370something....that leaves 240 numbers and likely not ALL were If It Bleeds....

Pricing....my BEST GUESS is around $800.....Institute had ONE signing event and a 1st/1st signed by King goes about $600 (was over $800 at the beginning)....there were NO signings for Outsiders or Elevation and both of those are over $1200 each (Elevation over $1500)....so my guess is If It Bleeds starts around $800ish.

Left out of Outsiders....there was an event I think in Minnesota where signed LATER editions (like 12th, 13th, 14th printings) were given out.....these go around $400ish today.....but as far as I know there were no signing events for 1st editions.

webstar1000
05-02-2020, 08:05 AM
One bookstore down....

All my knowledge comes second hand, but to the BEST of my estimation, there were about 200-250 books sold....I know person who got to order first and his number was 130 (bookstore was numbering ALL online orders, not just If It Bleeds)....last number just before it sold out was 370something....that leaves 240 numbers and likely not ALL were If It Bleeds....

Pricing....my BEST GUESS is around $800.....Institute had ONE signing event and a 1st/1st signed by King goes about $600 (was over $800 at the beginning)....there were NO signings for Outsiders or Elevation and both of those are over $1200 each (Elevation over $1500)....so my guess is If It Bleeds starts around $800ish.

Tend to agree with this man. Few sold on Facebook for $800+

Randall Flagg
05-02-2020, 09:30 AM
I think King signed ~500 books, half of which went to Bookstore1 in Sarasota, and the other half to Gerald Winters in Bangor Maine...

webstar1000
05-02-2020, 09:37 AM
I think King signed ~500 books, half of which went to Bookstore1 in Sarasota, and the other half to Gerald Winters in Bangor Maine...

https://media2.giphy.com/media/YVPwi7L2izTJS/giphy.gif

Roseannebarr
05-02-2020, 09:47 AM

Too funny! He would never sell them in Bangor. And not for $30. They will go on display!

sentinel
05-02-2020, 09:50 AM

Oh I hope not! Gerald will hide them all away!

Randall Flagg
05-02-2020, 01:16 PM
I had hoped that the ellipse at the end of my sentence would tell people I was kidding. Just to be clear, the Gerald Winter comment was in jest.

Roseannebarr
05-02-2020, 01:21 PM
I had hoped that the ellipse at the end of my sentence would tell people I was kidding. Just to be clear, the Gerald Winter comment was in jest.

Hence our not so witty replies.....

Roseannebarr
05-02-2020, 01:25 PM
Gerald had a signed copy of storm of the century in his store with no price on it, when I asked him how much he was stumped on how much he should charge. He did not want to sell, he just couldn’t decide a price. He said he would get back to me and never did. Strange business model

Splync
05-02-2020, 04:16 PM
So what's the deal with Gerald Winter? I'm unfamiliar with his shop, but I've seen him get a LOT of flack between here and Facebook.

Randall Flagg
05-02-2020, 06:50 PM
So what's the deal with Gerald Winter? I'm unfamiliar with his shop, but I've seen him get a LOT of flack between here and Facebook.
It's a very long and complicated story. There are over 700 posts in this thread. It doesn't tell all of the stories, but gives an insight as to what kind of a person Gerald is. Enjoy.

Gerald Winters and Son, the new bookstore in Bangor (https://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/showthread.php?20405-Gerald-Winters-and-Son-the-new-bookstore-in-Bangor&highlight=Gerald+Winter)

T-Dogz_AK47
05-03-2020, 01:26 AM
Gerald had a signed copy of storm of the century in his store with no price on it, when I asked him how much he was stumped on how much he should charge. He did not want to sell, he just couldn’t decide a price. He said he would get back to me and never did. Strange business model

There's no price on display because he doesn't want money for it - in fact you can have it for just the spare coins you have in your pocket. That is if you're willing to play a practical joke on someone. Nothing nasty, just a bit of harmless fun...

Glen, you have always wanted a signed copy of Storm of the Century, haven't you? In fact I'm pretty sure you don't just want it for your collection, you need it.

webstar1000
05-03-2020, 02:54 AM

There's no price on display because he doesn't want money for it - in fact you can have it for just the spare coins you have in your pocket. That is if you're willing to play a practical joke on someone. Nothing nasty, just a bit of harmless fun...

Glen, you have always wanted a signed copy of Storm of the Century, haven't you? In fact I'm pretty sure you don't just want it for your collection, you need it.

Omg Hahahaha hahahahaha I just died laughing. That could have NOT been written better. Thanks Tim, I now have coffee to clean up that I spit out everywhere from my burst of laughter. HahahahaHah

Splync
05-03-2020, 03:00 AM
It's a very long and complicated story. There are over 700 posts in this thread. It doesn't tell all of the stories, but gives an insight as to what kind of a person Gerald is. Enjoy.

Gerald Winters and Son, the new bookstore in Bangor (https://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/showthread.php?20405-Gerald-Winters-and-Son-the-new-bookstore-in-Bangor&highlight=Gerald+Winter)

Well that was certainly a very interesting read! It was crazy to see the thread go from "nothing but praise" to "some suspicion" to "crazy-ass stories".

Well, hopefully he doesn't actually acquire any signed If It Bleeds!

RichardX
05-03-2020, 05:07 AM

Netflix should make a "Tiger King" type documentary on him. Maybe call it "King of Kings".

wizardsrainbow
05-03-2020, 08:18 AM

***Collector friend of mine (he posts here rarely) has been looking for a legit signed Storm for at least 20 years...never found one yet and he is pretty good too!

Roseannebarr
05-03-2020, 11:26 AM

***Collector friend of mine (he posts here rarely) has been looking for a legit signed Storm for at least 20 years...never found one yet and he is pretty good too!

FYI. I finally got King to sign the hardback copy for me, only for Tippy to tell me I need the paperback is original. Got that one signed too!

Randall Flagg
05-03-2020, 11:46 AM
FYI. I finally got King to sign the hardback copy for me, only for Tippy to tell me I need the paperback is original. Got that one signed too!

Duh!

:catalogfriend:

http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/showwiki.php?title=Stephen+King+First+Editions:Sto rm+of+the+Century+-+Trade+PB

Beverly Marsh
05-03-2020, 02:30 PM

Jesus Jerome, I knew you were half joking but don't cause palpitations like this! :lol:

Roseannebarr
05-03-2020, 07:06 PM

Brilliant. I loved that story!

Roseannebarr
05-03-2020, 11:12 PM
On Facebook I asked for lowest and highest order #. So far this is what I found out
Earliest order #130
Highest order # 398

We know that OTHER books ordered are in this stream as well, but assume most are signed copies of IF IT BLEEDS

Anybody got a higher order #?

webstar1000
05-04-2020, 04:33 AM
On Facebook I asked for lowest and highest order #. So far this is what I found out
Earliest order #130
Highest order # 398

We know that OTHER books ordered are in this stream as well, but assume most are signed copies of IF IT BLEEDS

Anybody got a higher order #?

That is 268... so NOT crazy that 18 other books were sold throughout that run... so 250 signed. I totally think that David is bang on with his pricing then.....

500+ Institute and that is $650ish.... $800-850 for Bleeds seems right.

herbertwest
05-04-2020, 07:52 AM
GUYS HURRY UP if you want to order a copy. Seems like all canadian orders are being cancelled....

webstar1000
05-04-2020, 07:53 AM
GUYS HURRY UP if you want to order a copy. Seems like all canadian orders are being cancelled....

They were already sold. There is no others to sell she told me when I called.

Devastated. What a shitty day

Beverly Marsh
05-04-2020, 07:56 AM
That sucks for Canadian customers. Sorry about that.
Have we figured this is the only place getting them? If there's 500 total I don't think just Sarasota got them right?

webstar1000
05-04-2020, 07:57 AM
That sucks for Canadian customers. Sorry about that.
Have we figured this is the only place getting them? If there's 500 total I don't think just Sarasota got them right?

I don't know but damm. this was the only ray of light I have freakin had in some time. I just cannot believe it:(

Garrell
05-04-2020, 08:19 AM
My word for the day is.........UGH:cry:

lotuz
05-04-2020, 08:58 AM
Wait... so they oversold and are cancelling the Canadian orders?? Why not start with the last orders placed and work backwards? Or is there something I'm missing?

I didn't order one so I'm not out anything but it always sucks to go through these threads and find out who is and who isn't getting screwed by the online order system. Reminds me of the thread with the tickets to the The Institute event...

Roseannebarr
05-04-2020, 09:13 AM
Wait... so they oversold and are cancelling the Canadian orders?? Why not start with the last orders placed and work backwards? Or is there something I'm missing?

I didn't order one so I'm not out anything but it always sucks to go through these threads and find out who is and who isn't getting screwed by the online order system. Reminds me of the thread with the tickets to the The Institute event...

Looks like they are cancelling canadian orders, but it definately reminds me of the institute!

webstar1000
05-04-2020, 09:15 AM

I have a feelin THAT IS EXACTLY what happened. When I called they didn't have any books. I asked where the Canadian orders went! She said sold... so they over sold and have no books. Trust me when I say.... this sucks.

surly
05-04-2020, 09:16 AM
something similar happened with release of the limited for Under the Dome and 11/22/63 - they simply wouldn't take Canadian orders. it seems that some places just don't like our colourful Canadian play money.

webstar1000
05-04-2020, 09:47 AM
something similar happened with release of the limited for Under the Dome and 11/22/63 - they simply wouldn't take Canadian orders. it seems that some places just don't like our colourful Canadian play money.

They took my wifes and I's $$, set up an account... and took the address ok. I don't get it. I believe they oversold (this happens often we see) and any orders outside US they just cancelled.

Randall Flagg
05-04-2020, 09:49 AM
I would guess they just screwed up and never intended to sell any to other countries.

bdwyer19
05-04-2020, 09:50 AM
I would guess they just screwed up and never intended to sell any to other countries.

I’m thinking that’s the case as well.

webstar1000
05-04-2020, 09:54 AM

I would say that too. BUT I called right away soon as they sent the email cancelling it. They told me that they didn't have the books. They were sold..... I offered to send it to a US address OR pay whatever the cost was ++ to ship it to me... just tell me what it is. They said the books are gone. Thats why I think it. She said if she could, she would get King to sign another for me... yeah I will hold my breath. :(

Randall Flagg
05-04-2020, 10:59 AM
She said if she could, she would get King to sign another for me... yeah I will hold my breath. :(
Just make sure King spells Kris correctly.

mattgreenbean
05-04-2020, 12:24 PM
I wasn't on the email list so I won't get one, and my chances would have been as low as most here, but, had there been a copy for every person who wanted one, it certainly wouldn't make collect King that fun. There's so much King I missed out on "at price."
Wish I still lived in Florida, I'd ride up to Sarasota and pick up one in person. I stop by there whenever I visit family.

webstar1000
05-04-2020, 12:59 PM
She said if she could, she would get King to sign another for me... yeah I will hold my breath. :(

Dreams can come true right ?

Randall Flagg
05-04-2020, 01:03 PM

I believe it happened on your birthday in Maine.

webstar1000
05-04-2020, 01:19 PM

I believe it happened on your birthday in Maine.

It did. Not to me though. Hahahaha I couldn’t speak. It was my wife that pulled that off.

Ricky
05-05-2020, 09:35 AM
All orders were shipped in padded envelopes. Oof.

webstar1000
05-05-2020, 09:59 AM

Confirmed. That sucks:(

Randall Flagg
05-05-2020, 10:40 AM
Shouldn't be a big deal.dj may be dinged, but as long as book is ok, all is well.

Garrell
05-05-2020, 10:50 AM
Agree, I will just take my mint DJ off of my unsigned copy

herbertwest
05-05-2020, 12:14 PM

Confirmed. That sucks:(

It's only a 30 dollar book for them, so it makes sense they wouldnt necessarily bother much

Kingfan24
05-05-2020, 12:16 PM
I got mine - DJ didn’t fare too badly.

Randall Flagg
05-05-2020, 12:24 PM
Damn that was fast.

bdwyer19
05-05-2020, 12:32 PM
According to USPS, mine should arrive next Monday.

Randall Flagg
05-05-2020, 12:33 PM
I don't even have a tracking #

jreitan47
05-05-2020, 12:39 PM
I don't even know if I'm getting a signed copy or not as I wasn't a part of the email list, but I bought one and it's on its way.

bdwyer19
05-05-2020, 01:44 PM
I don't even know if I'm getting a signed copy or not as I wasn't a part of the email list, but I bought one and it's on its way.

I was on the email list, but it didn’t matter. So long as you ordered through the link, you were ok.

jreitan47
05-05-2020, 01:49 PM

I was on the email list, but it didn’t matter. So long as you ordered through the link, you were ok.

I just ordered off their site by searching for the book, shortly after I heard something about it online. I doubt it's signed but I wanted to take my chances anyways...either way, I'll have either a reading copy or a first for the shelf and I'll have supported an Independent Bookstore.

Ricky
05-05-2020, 02:18 PM

Really? That's good news. I saw a copy on eBay from Bookstore 1 that had smashed spine ends (book and dust jacket). It looked a little rough.

I don't even have a tracking #

Me either.

becca69
05-05-2020, 02:31 PM
If you sign up for USPS Informed Delivery, you will see a tracking number from Sararsota, FL. That's how people are finding their numbers.

Randall Flagg
05-05-2020, 03:23 PM
Wow. The one on ebay (https://www.ebay.com/itm/If-It-Bleeds-by-Stephen-King-Hardcover-SIGNED/254588142490?epid=12035014694&hash=item3b46a2c39a:g:r3MAAOSwc1BesLgj) that is currently at $820 really is screwed up. Just sad.

Ricky
05-05-2020, 04:36 PM
Yeah, that's the one I saw.

tippy4
05-06-2020, 05:36 PM
7 currently completed on eaby
6 currently for sale on ebay
8 sold by Betts

That's 21....nearly 10% of the allegedly 250 signed copies.

Randall Flagg
05-06-2020, 05:43 PM
8 sold by Betts

Were all of the ones on ebay noticeably damaged?

webstar1000
05-06-2020, 05:45 PM
8 sold by Betts

The 250 is confirmed. Someone called the manager there and they stated that. Glenn mentioned it on Facebook

Randall Flagg
05-06-2020, 05:46 PM

No pics = bullshit :Shithead emoji:

Splync
05-06-2020, 06:39 PM
8 sold by Betts

The 250 is confirmed. Someone called the manager there and they stated that. Glenn mentioned it on Facebook

I wonder how long it'll be before the other 250 surface...

Randall Flagg
05-06-2020, 06:46 PM
8 sold by Betts

There are no "other 250" right now. That could change down the road if King decides to help another independent bookstore. I'd be shocked if King did another round of signed books with Bookstore1.
Much more likely (if it happens at all) to be a bookstore in Maine.

Lot guy
05-06-2020, 07:55 PM
8 sold by Betts

What 250 are you referencing, King never said he was signing 500, he compared signing books to writing your name on the chalkboard 500 times, maybe I'm wrong but if you talking about the talk with John G. the amount of cartons x books would be roughly 250, also bookstore solidified 250 signed/sold

Splync
05-06-2020, 10:37 PM
What 250 are you referencing, King never said he was signing 500, he compared signing books to writing your name on the chalkboard 500 times, maybe I'm wrong but if you talking about the talk with John G. the amount of cartons x books would be roughly 250, also bookstore solidified 250 signed/sold

My apologies, I thought I had read that he had signed 500. That's what I get for reading while half-asleep, haha!

herbertwest
05-07-2020, 02:00 AM
I think that you are right, Matt.
I thought he said 500 books, but he said 12 boxes of them, and like copying 500 times not to throw... I assumed it was 500 books, but I was probably wrong

playdohman
05-07-2020, 10:35 AM
The puffalope strikes back!!! Got to go out and buy one to get a clean dj now.

Other than shitty packaging still a great deal at $30.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200507/d59e40ebf2530362c30a2719b4133270.jpg
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200507/84fa309672e24ec0f46d350b36fcb1c6.jpg
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200507/8fe7ecb51488a0832eec487e9f75f2b0.jpg
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200507/3e1a7ffcbbbd8ab6d132d7e5b238a116.jpg
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200507/1c8dcf970894d68599a8017daa343eeb.jpg
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200507/9669b9d47f4b8da3aad44d078dde951e.jpg

webstar1000
05-07-2020, 10:43 AM
The puffalope strikes back!!! Got to go out and buy one to get a clean dj now.

Other than shitty packaging still a great deal at $30.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200507/d59e40ebf2530362c30a2719b4133270.jpg
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200507/84fa309672e24ec0f46d350b36fcb1c6.jpg
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200507/8fe7ecb51488a0832eec487e9f75f2b0.jpg
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200507/3e1a7ffcbbbd8ab6d132d7e5b238a116.jpg
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200507/1c8dcf970894d68599a8017daa343eeb.jpg
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200507/9669b9d47f4b8da3aad44d078dde951e.jpg

WOW.. that sucks Patrick. I am glad to see you got one though and you are right... nothing wrong with $30 bones!

herbertwest
05-07-2020, 11:24 AM
I am guessing that the DJ could be replaced (but obviously not the very slightly damaged book

Ricky
05-07-2020, 12:14 PM
Got mine today! I was preparing for the worst so I'm actually happy with how it arrived. It doesn't look bad at all.

tippy4
05-07-2020, 02:17 PM
Yesterday's Report

8 sold by Betts

Today's Report

8 currently for sale on ebay
8 sold by Betts

That's 23....nearly 10% of the allegedly 250 signed copies.

bdwyer19
05-07-2020, 03:23 PM
Yesterday's Report

8 sold by Betts

Today's Report

8 sold by Betts

Did you get one Rick?

playdohman
05-07-2020, 03:27 PM
I am guessing that the DJ could be replaced (but obviously not the very slightly damaged book

And for a little salt on the wound, the other book I ordered from their website arrived separately today and it was in a cardboard book mailer. Not a mark on it!

cit74
05-07-2020, 05:05 PM

And for a little salt on the wound, the other book I ordered from their website arrived separately today and it was in a cardboard book mailer. Not a mark on it!

WTH - wow did u select a different shipping? Or media as well?

EXPLORER
05-07-2020, 05:15 PM

No pics = bullshit :Shithead emoji:

Thankfully, Mine arrived in good shape too.. Time to recall how to post pics here to satisfy RF....
or RF can c on FB

playdohman
05-07-2020, 06:13 PM

WTH - wow did u select a different shipping? Or media as well?

Media mail. They probably packed them in the padded envelopes as they were unboxed just waiting to throw on labels.

tippy4
05-07-2020, 06:34 PM
Yesterday's Report

8 sold by Betts

Today's Report

8 sold by Betts

Been a surge....now we are at:

12 currently completed on eaby
9 currently for sale on ebay
8 sold by Betts

29/250 = 11.6%

Did you get one Rick?

I was able to secure one.....and while I am looking forward to receiving it.....I am not looking forward to the inevitable bumped corner or corners.

bdwyer19
05-08-2020, 04:50 AM
Shoot... my book was supposed to arrive today but is delayed. Normally that would be no big deal, but with the padded envelope, it’s more time for it to be beat up.

tippy4
05-09-2020, 07:02 AM
Still no book for me......

14 currently completed on eaby
8 sold by Betts

31/250 = 12.4%

webstar1000
05-09-2020, 07:15 AM

8 sold by Betts

31/250 = 12.4%

There has Been at least 5 change hands on Rare King.

bdwyer19
05-09-2020, 07:59 AM

8 sold by Betts

31/250 = 12.4%

There have? I haven’t seen a single For Sale post of that book on FB.

webstar1000
05-09-2020, 08:02 AM

8 sold by Betts

31/250 = 12.4%

There have? I haven’t seen a single For Sale post of that book on FB.

There have been at least two public. I just bought one privately myself last night, I bet TONS have traded hands via PM too Bri.

bdwyer19
05-09-2020, 08:05 AM
I guess. Just weird that no one would put a post out first that someone would then respond with a PM

tippy4
05-09-2020, 08:47 AM
I doubt we will see many more traded. The price was so cheap that most probably went to casual collectors....many of whom this may be their first signed book.

If there were in fact 250 signed, I would guess less than 50 will change hands....and we are already at approximately 35 based on the discussion above.

One more just moved from ACTIVE to COMPLETED on ebay....so now only 8 up for sale.....15 completed.

webstar1000
05-09-2020, 10:17 AM
I doubt we will see many more traded. The price was so cheap that most probably went to casual collectors....many of whom this may be their first signed book.

If there were in fact 250 signed, I would guess less than 50 will change hands....and we are already at approximately 35 based on the discussion above.

One more just moved from ACTIVE to COMPLETED on ebay....so now only 8 up for sale.....15 completed.
I totally agree Rick. The sellers have made their moves.

bdwyer19
05-09-2020, 11:20 AM

I disagree. A lot of books are still going through the mail.

Randall Flagg
05-09-2020, 11:20 AM
Except for people on the west coast. People west of the Rockies will be receiving their books today, Monday, and Tuesday.

bdwyer19
05-09-2020, 11:37 AM
Same with the Midwest. Mine was supposed to be delivered yesterday, but is delayed. Hoping for Monday but no guarantees.

webstar1000
05-09-2020, 11:38 AM

Oh really? Geez I thought everyone had gotten theirs! Pretty much anyways

bdwyer19
05-09-2020, 12:06 PM
I’m not surprised at all. Shipping began on Monday and was done via media mail.

Even so, there will be delays beyond that. I just got another shipping update. Looking like Tuesday now. Sadly, just about every package I’ve had from the east coast or southern states lately has been close to a week behind.

Hunchback Jack
05-09-2020, 12:37 PM
Agreed. Media mail domestically seems to be taking between 10 days and 3 weeks for most items I've posted out.

HBJ

tippy4
05-09-2020, 01:58 PM

Yes...but I bet the overwhelming majority of these were most-likely shipped to the Sarasota Bradenton Area.

bdwyer19
05-09-2020, 02:41 PM
There sure seem to be a lot autograph dealers in that area.

Randall Flagg
05-09-2020, 03:37 PM
Looking at the ones already sold on ebay, a quick glance showed 8 of 9 sold from Florida locations, and one from Ohio.

Lot guy
05-10-2020, 09:10 AM
I know of one person that also got a black signature

Patrick
05-12-2020, 01:59 PM
What’s the going price on these now that it’s been some time? Still $800+?

Randall Flagg
05-12-2020, 02:42 PM
The last few ebay sales have been closer to $650 than $800.

tippy4
05-12-2020, 07:42 PM
21 completed / 5 active on ebay.

8 sold at Betts.

A few sold on facebook.

Somewhere between 35-40 sold on the secondary market.

tippy4
05-13-2020, 07:20 AM
Down to 4 for sale on ebay...with the only one "on auction" ending in less than 24 hours.

This is it folks.....the biggest wave has hit and is mostly gone.

Randall Flagg
05-13-2020, 12:17 PM
This auction ends tomorrow (5am PDT) and will give an idea.

SIGNED Hardcover 1st Edition Stephen King It If Bleeds

(https://www.ebay.com/itm/SIGNED-Hardcover-1st-Edition-Stephen-King-It-If-Bleeds/224002162134?hash=item342791bdd6:g:rXcAAOSwc1Jes~X W)Brand New
$590.00
May-7 05:0327 bids
+$3.33 shipping

wizardsrainbow
05-13-2020, 12:43 PM

(https://www.ebay.com/itm/SIGNED-Hardcover-1st-Edition-Stephen-King-It-If-Bleeds/224002162134?hash=item342791bdd6:g:rXcAAOSwc1Jes~X W)Brand New
$590.00
+$3.33 shipping

My copy I got today has a bumped corner just like the one in the auction that Jerome has highlighted.....based on what I have seen a goodly % of books are flawed in some way.

webstar1000
05-13-2020, 01:25 PM

$590.00
+$3.33 shipping

My copy I got today has a bumped corner just like the one in the auction that Jerome has highlighted.....based on what I have seen a goodly % of books are flawed in some way.

I’d would go so far as to say 75% are.

Brian861
05-13-2020, 02:01 PM
My order number was 370 and here is the condition it arrived in. Still, I'm over the moon to have a copy for $35.50 shipped. The top of the spine has a tear in it that you might not be able to see in the photo.

http://www.thedarktower.org/gallery/data/500/IMG_5359.JPG

http://www.thedarktower.org/gallery/data/500/IMG_5360.JPG

http://www.thedarktower.org/gallery/data/500/IMG_5361.JPG

http://www.thedarktower.org/gallery/data/500/IMG_5362.JPG

http://www.thedarktower.org/gallery/data/500/IMG_5363.JPG

http://www.thedarktower.org/gallery/data/500/IMG_5366.JPG

http://www.thedarktower.org/gallery/data/500/IMG_5365.JPG

Patrick
05-13-2020, 04:06 PM
I can’t see the tear in the spine, so your book looks like most I’ve seen posted.

Personally I ignore the dustjacket photos here and on Facebook for this book. Those are known to have taken a beating in the padded envelope, but are easily and cheaply replaceable.

Randall Flagg
05-13-2020, 04:40 PM
The DJ can be replaced by buying a new book from Costco for ~$20 including tax and swapping DJ's. Buying in person assures you of choosing the best condition DJ/book.

Splync
05-13-2020, 04:56 PM
If anybody is bummed about their dinged copy, I'm totally willing to trade for my pristine copy! I mean, sure, my copy may be unsigned, but damn if it ain't a good looking book... ;-)

becca69
05-14-2020, 06:29 AM
Jerome, your avatar is disturbing :o

MikeDuke
05-14-2020, 07:34 AM
Jerome, your avatar is disturbing :o
I agree with that.

Garrell
05-14-2020, 07:46 AM
3rd it!

ELazansky
05-14-2020, 08:44 AM
I got my copy yesterday. Same slightly crushed top and bottom spine as everybody else seems to have. Fortunately, none of the corners were damaged.

bdwyer19
05-14-2020, 09:31 AM
Another day goes by, and my book sits in the USPS black hole. Left Sarasota on May 3, and no trace of it since.

Ricky
05-14-2020, 10:14 AM
The DJ can be replaced by buying a new book from Costco for ~$20 including tax and swapping DJ's. Buying in person assures you of choosing the best condition DJ/book.

That's what I did. Had to travel to two Targets and a Walmart, but I did it. :lol:

racerx45
05-14-2020, 10:37 AM
I don’t know if anyone has brought this up yet or not but I found this really funny. The first sentence on the back of the dust jacket reads “In January 2021, a small padded envelope address to…”

So I see the irony in receiving my book in a small padded envelope.

Brian861
05-14-2020, 02:23 PM
I don’t know if anyone has brought this up yet or not but I found this really funny. The first sentence on the back of the dust jacket reads “In January 2021, a small padded envelope address to…”

Ironic indeed.

Will be replacing the DJ as mentioned above.

I've also read that the bookstore received a lot of flack regarding the packaging. Will this deter them or King from doing something like this in the future? Or any bookstore for that matter.

Randall Flagg
05-14-2020, 03:04 PM

Ironic indeed.

I've also read that the bookstore received a lot of flack regarding the packaging. Will this deter them or King from doing something like this in the future? Or any bookstore for that matter.
No. It won't deter them from accepting 250 signed copies for free. It might inspire them to offer different packaging and shipping options, but I wouldn't hold my breath.
As for King, he'd probably say quit your bitching, you got a signed copy for $35 shipped.

Brian861
05-14-2020, 03:14 PM

Ironic indeed.

No. It won't deter them from accepting 250 signed copies for free. It might inspire them to offer different packaging and shipping options, but I wouldn't hold my breath.
As for King, he'd probably say quit your bitching, you got a signed copy for $35 shipped.

I'd agree with Mr. King on that one.

Randall Flagg
05-14-2020, 03:18 PM

$590.00
+$3.33 shipping

$635. So the price as softened a bit. As usual, first to market gets the highest price(s).

webstar1000
05-14-2020, 03:19 PM
David has 6 to list I just seen him post. Everyone that wants one... will get one. So that’s good

Roseannebarr
05-14-2020, 03:27 PM
David has 6 to list I just seen him post. Everyone that wants one... will get one. So that’s good

Read the post again, he got the first 6 in. Already sold they are in Quarantine. Hopefully he will get more to sell! All copies for sale on eBay are currently at over $800. Feeding frenzy over?

Randall Flagg
05-14-2020, 03:33 PM
2 posts up. $635 on auction that ended this morning.

Look at the last 10 that actually sold on ebay. None were close to $800.

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_nkw=If+it+bleeds+signed&_sacat=0&rt=nc&LH_Sold=1&LH_Complete=1

The biggest issue for discerning buyers will be finding a book with minimal, or no flaws. I have a signed copy that I would consider to be "As New". It looks like a book you would buy after looking through 25 copies at a Costco, Walmart, etc. and choosing the best they had.

webstar1000
05-14-2020, 03:43 PM

Read the post again, he got the first 6 in. Already sold they are in Quarantine. Hopefully he will get more to sell! All copies for sale on eBay are currently at over $800. Feeding frenzy over?

Ahh. I took it to mean that 6 more were there to sell after his garage quarantine. Thanks for the clarification

wizardsrainbow
05-14-2020, 03:48 PM
I already took preorders...the first 6 arrived today....quarantined for 24 hrs in my garage.

Patrick
05-14-2020, 08:33 PM

That's what I did. Had to travel to two Targets and a Walmart, but I did it. :lol:
I did this today as well, although one Costco trip took care of it. I put a Brodart cover on the new dj and now it looks great.

Roseannebarr
05-14-2020, 09:39 PM

Ahh. I took it to mean that 6 more were there to sell after his garage quarantine. Thanks for the clarification

:smile:

Randall Flagg
05-15-2020, 12:20 PM
Here is my book. I consider it to be F/F (as new):

DJ corners sharp and crisp

http://www.thedarktower.org/custom/images/1589573687-DJ%20corner.jpeg

http://www.thedarktower.org/custom/images/1589574076-DJ%20bottom.jpeg

Book spine and boards in great shape

http://www.thedarktower.org/custom/images/1589573718-Book%20bottom%20and%20corners.jpeg

http://www.thedarktower.org/custom/images/1589573727-Book%20spine%20bottom.jpeg

http://www.thedarktower.org/custom/images/1589573736-Book%20top%20corner.jpeg

http://www.thedarktower.org/custom/images/1589573748-Book%20top.jpeg

And of course the signature

http://www.thedarktower.org/custom/images/1589573763-King%20sig%20960x545.jpeg

Brian861
05-15-2020, 12:35 PM
Definitely a rarity.

The Library Policeman
05-15-2020, 12:37 PM
A beauty, J.

Brian861
05-15-2020, 01:08 PM
Is it sacrilegious or even worth it to have the sig tipped into a fine copy?

Randall Flagg
05-15-2020, 01:47 PM
Not at all.

Brian861
05-15-2020, 02:08 PM
Not at all.

:orely:

Randall Flagg
05-15-2020, 02:30 PM
If you take a folded 1st state 'Salem's Lot DJ that came from a drawer that never was actually put on production 1st editions of 'Salem's Lot, and then put it on a book is that sacrilege?

Brian861
05-15-2020, 02:43 PM
If you take a folded 1st state 'Salem's Lot DJ that came from a drawer that never was actually put on production 1st editions of 'Salem's Lot, and then put it on a book is that sacrilege?

No, Sir. I was using the emoji above as I'm seriously considering having it done.

Randall Flagg
05-15-2020, 02:53 PM
Any qualified book repair person can replace pages, endpapers, etc. on a book. Swapping the DJ can be done by amateurs like you and me.

Brian861
05-15-2020, 03:13 PM
Any qualified book repair person can replace pages, endpapers, etc. on a book. Swapping the DJ can be done by amateurs like you and me.

Definitely in regards to the DJ. Looks like I have a couple of places here in town that might be able to do the page swap.

bdwyer19
05-15-2020, 04:18 PM
This is ridiculous.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200516/d151eb99d427fde361fa26dfae54959c.jpg

Randall Flagg
05-15-2020, 04:22 PM
That is crazy. I've seen packages, particularly Media mail tour the entire country, and take weeks to arrive.

bdwyer19
05-15-2020, 04:41 PM
I know... and if it does take weeks, I can only imagine the condition it arrives in.

Randall Flagg
05-15-2020, 04:46 PM
I know... and if it does take weeks, I can only imagine the condition it arrives in.
Minor damage can be repaired easily and cheaply. Still, it sucks. Particularly because if truly lost (after 30 days), the best you can hope to recover is $35.

webstar1000
05-15-2020, 04:47 PM

Yeah it’s gonna be near impossible for a mint copy.... that’s insane how long man

EXPLORER
05-15-2020, 06:57 PM
There sure seem to be a lot autograph dealers in that area.

I noticed that too and I am always skeptical of those types of sellers who seem to come out at times like this. I live in S.W. Florida and never heard of or seen most of these sellers previously.

. . .
I HOPE ANYONE WHO BOUGHT FROM THESE SPORTS/MEMORABILIA SELLERS MADE SURE THEY ALSO RECIEVED THE ORIGINAL "PADDED ENVELOPE" THE BOOK WAS MAILED IN FROM THE BOOKSTORE!
That return address & date mailed on the envelope is perhaps THE BEST PROVENANCE the book is really from this signing.

PERHAPS SHOULD HAVE SUGGESTED SOONER< However, Thought of this today while looking at my padded envelopes.

Randall Flagg
05-15-2020, 10:20 PM
I would think that the sales receipt would be sufficient. Hanging on to the pathetic padded envelope should not be necessary. In fact the envelope would just bring up bad memories...

All that really matters is that King's signature is legitimate.

Splync
05-16-2020, 02:20 AM

But just imagine all of the sights it has seen! It could have visited the Grand Canyon, Mount Rushmore, some USPS warehouse in Cleveland.

The possibilities are endless!

EXPLORER
05-16-2020, 03:51 AM
I would think that the sales receipt would be sufficient. Hanging on to the pathetic padded envelope should not be necessary. In fact the envelope would just bring up bad memories...

All that really matters is that King's signature is legitimate.

If someone is selling multiple copies it is EASY TO SUPPLY JUST A COPY OF a RECIEPT … Way Easier than faking Kings sig.
HOWEVER THE PADDED ENVELOPES each tell a unique (perhaps sad) part of the story.. thus TRUE PROVERNANCE..

bdwyer19
05-16-2020, 08:22 AM
This is ridiculous.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200516/d151eb99d427fde361fa26dfae54959c.jpg

I just talked to my local post office. Their best guess is that it’s still sitting in a Florida distribution center, and to give it another week. I mean I know that the mail system has slowed down the past two months, but c’mon!!!

Garrell
05-16-2020, 08:26 AM
I watch a package via tracking go from Florida to Cincinnati Ohio (2 hours from me) to Louisiana and then to Indy and finally me in little Hagerstown Indiana (next to the Ohio border).

HONKYTONKSMASH
05-16-2020, 10:15 AM
I watch a package via tracking go from Florida to Cincinnati Ohio (2 hours from me) to Louisiana and then to Indy and finally me in little Hagerstown Indiana (next to the Ohio border).

I know this feeling...gets to cincy and its like “tomorrow itll be here”...wait..need to make a quick pitstop to Texas then ill be back :Ball Kick:

Kingfan24
05-16-2020, 10:22 AM

I know this feeling...gets to cincy and its like “tomorrow itll be here”...wait..need to make a quick pitstop to Texas then ill be back :Ball Kick:

As a resident of cincinnati at least it doesn’t arrive in your city and sit for 3 days before they decide to deliver it. It’s maddening.

HONKYTONKSMASH
05-16-2020, 10:30 AM

As a resident of cincinnati at least it doesn’t arrive in your city and sit for 3 days before they decide to deliver it. It’s maddening.

Youre right. That would be infuriating

becca69
05-16-2020, 10:41 AM

http://www.thedarktower.org/custom/images/1589573718-Book%20bottom%20and%20corners.jpeg

Jerome did this come in the envelope? If so, it's totally amazing! Even my unsigned copy from CD has a dinged spine and it was wrapped and boxed.

Kingfan24
05-16-2020, 10:52 AM

Youre right. That would be infuriating

I’ve called the post office asking if I can just drive the 5 mins to the distribution center to get it.

herbertwest
05-16-2020, 11:02 AM

Given that people bitch about a 35 dollars Stephen King signed book, I would be a gentleman and offer you 100 dollars for it.
To be honnest, in my mind, you would be absolutely stupid not to accept it, but it's up to you

Brian861
05-16-2020, 01:24 PM
[QUOTE=Randall Flagg;1197726]Here is my book. I consider it to be F/F (as new):Jerome did this come in the envelope? If so, it's totally amazing! Even my unsigned copy from CD has a dinged spine and it was wrapped and boxed.

I'm betting your copy went into the box that way.

Splync
05-16-2020, 06:59 PM

Given that people bitch about a 35 dollars Stephen King signed book, I would be a gentleman and offer you 100 dollars for it.
To be honnest, in my mind, you would be absolutely stupid not to accept it, but it's up to you

Well I'll offer $115! ;-)

Jerrika
05-18-2020, 11:45 AM
I just started reading If It Bleeds today. I love Holly Gibney. She's one of my favorite characters. She reminds me a bit of myself.

Curly
05-18-2020, 10:34 PM
Opposite for me. I do not like the character at all.

daniel_pyle
05-18-2020, 11:40 PM
I just started reading If It Bleeds today. I love Holly Gibney. She's one of my favorite characters. She reminds me a bit of myself.

It’s funny how polarizing she is. I like her too. I think she’s one of King’s most interesting characters.

Kingfan24
05-19-2020, 07:30 AM

Same here. Can’t stand Holly Gibney stuff.

Garrell
05-19-2020, 08:18 AM
Big fan of her:cool_002:

Kingfan24
05-19-2020, 08:35 AM
I really don't like her. She was okay in Mr. Mercedes, but I don't like what she had become. He's made her almost infallibly smart and it feels like a forced attempt at “diversity” with all her seemingly odd neuro-quirks. With her infallible intelligence it makes her boring. Plus I cringe whenever she does the "life is poopy". I think if I read that one more time in a novel written by king I’ll sit the rest of his novels out.

jeffingoff
05-20-2020, 09:09 AM
If anyone is still waiting on theirs, I got my copy yesterday. I'm in Chicagoland (where they tax you and then murder you and then tax you again and then make you vote for who they want in charge).

Curly
05-20-2020, 09:30 AM
Tax and death are the only certainties in life.

Brian861
05-20-2020, 12:50 PM
If anyone is still waiting on theirs, I got my copy yesterday. I'm in Chicagoland (where they tax you and then murder you and then tax you again and then make you vote for who they want in charge).

Just gonna set this down here and back away slowly:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GvNkqx05a8k&feature=em-uploademail

Hunchback Jack
05-20-2020, 07:36 PM
Loved the video, Jeff! And congrats on the book - it looks like you got a pretty nice copy.

Patrick
05-22-2020, 10:19 PM
Watched the video the other day, Jeff. Always enjoyable!

jeffingoff
05-23-2020, 07:11 AM
Thanks guys. That book is an absolute treasure. After a lifetime of reading King it felt too good to be true.

I bought a copy with a pristine dust jacket and swiped them out. Also got the CD slipcase ordered.

The Library Policeman
07-04-2020, 05:27 PM
Didn’t know where to put this but here seems as good a place as any. Great story concerning Stephen King, If It Bleeds and a very small football (soccer to our american friends) team in my home country of Scotland.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/53290374