PDA

View Full Version : The Tiger King on Netflix

fernandito
03-31-2020, 09:34 AM
Finally gave in and started this after seeing it mentioned in every corner of what internet. (just finished Ep 4 a little while ago)

Wow. I thought it would be just another trashy reality TV show, but there's many layers to this thing. The injustices, corruption, petty squabbling that grew to serious legal troubles, the cult like mentalities at play. It's actually pretty fascinating.

What do y'all think of the show?

webstar1000
03-31-2020, 09:35 AM
LOVEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE THIS SHOW. AND THE MEMES IT HAS STARTED. lol

T-Dogz_AK47
03-31-2020, 09:40 AM
I saw a tiger ♪ ♫

fernandito
03-31-2020, 09:49 AM
LOVEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE THIS SHOW. AND THE MEMES IT HAS STARTED. lol
That's honestly one of the main things that pushed me to watch this show, I love memes and I wanted to be able to get them. Have you seen the one that says there is a 110% chance that Carole's husband has sex with his socks on? LMAO

I saw a tiger ♪ ♫

Yoooo that music video that Joe made about Carole feeding Don to the Tigers had me rolling :rofl:

Jon
04-02-2020, 03:43 AM
I gave up after episode 4. Just a soap opera. Not my thing. It looks like a bunch of assholes ran afoul of one another. The grooming of young folks is disturbing. It seems like 3 of them are into grooming young folks.

fernandito
04-02-2020, 06:40 AM
Just finished the show last night. Pure madness. I can't imagine that Lowe and that other fat dude (Guttenson? Gavestone?) are going to be roaming around scott free for long.

Hunchback Jack
04-02-2020, 08:11 AM
This show sounds great for all the wrong reasons.

I’m trying to stay away from it as long as I can. There are things about the world that I don’t necessarily have to know. :)

Merlin1958
04-02-2020, 08:19 PM
Very sad & stupid nonsense. I fail to see what the hoopla is all about. Waste of anyone's time.

webstar1000
04-03-2020, 04:10 AM

I’m trying to stay away from it as long as I can. There are things about the world that I don’t necessarily have to know. :)

Oh man... its a great watch. A read head shaker. lol

fernandito
04-03-2020, 08:14 AM

Oh man... its a great watch. A read head shaker. lol

Yes, it's like a trainwreck you can't turn away from. Just the mere escalation in each episode makes it a trip to watch, what starts out as sardonic barbs between two equally passionate animal lovers turns ugly pretty quickly.

Its like each subsequent episode is determined to out-crazy the last one :lol:

Tommy
04-03-2020, 11:44 AM
Yikes, stayed up and watched this last night. It's like a fever dream filled with insane criminals. There could be a part two to this one day considering that several criminal investigations are ongoing and one old is even being re-examined now.

Tommy
04-04-2020, 03:08 PM
Joe Exotic hospitalized with COVID-19.

Tommy
04-04-2020, 07:54 PM
Joe Exotic hospitalized with COVID-19.

Varying reports about this, some say he is in quarantine after possible exposure to a positive person but others news reports say he is positive....time will tell.

Tommy
04-04-2020, 07:59 PM
The producers did misgender the man who lost his arm but he isn't complaining about it. Still...

The producers also left out Joe's extreme racism because they said there wasn't enough time to deal with everything....

fernandito
04-06-2020, 05:23 AM
Yikes, stayed up and watched this last night. It's like a fever dream filled with insane criminals. There could be a part two to this one day considering that several criminal investigations are ongoing and one old is even being re-examined now.

Speaking of which, according to Jeff Lowe, Netflix is releasing an additional episode of TK as some sort of epilogue I guess?

'Tiger King' star Jeff Lowe says Netflix is adding a new episode of the show 'next week' (https://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/tiger-king-jeff-lowe-netflix-adding-new-episode-next-week)

St. Troy
04-07-2020, 07:48 AM
It looks like a bunch of assholes ran afoul of one another.

That's pretty much it, and how that could be a recipe for anything other than awesome TV is beyond me!